• Het is mijn opstel voor Engels, over de rellen in Groot-Brittannië in augustus.
    Het is geschreven vanuit het standpunt van een politieagent, die met een dilemma zit: zijn de rellen de schuld van de jongeren of van de regering?
    Alvast heel erg bedankt (nerd)

When I had to intervene in one of the poorest boroughs of London yesterday, i started to doubt about the riots: who can we accuse?

Somehow I understand the youth, how would you handle if you were in their shoes?
    Thousands teenagers, who are certainly smart enough to go to the university, don’t get that chance. Their parents do everything they can to save some money, but this is impossible by the government. It isn’t a secret that the wealth of the richest has risen and that the poor people still are becoming poorer.
    This and the tripling of tuition fees, make you understand the anger of the adolescents.
    The British youth can’t go to the university, so they won’t have a diploma. Without a diploma, you can’t get a serious job, so actually, they have no future.

But on the other side, it looks like the teenagers don’t want to have a future. By the age of 16 they are 1.pregnant or 2. taking drugs.
    If you see the youngsters like this, I understand the government: it’s impossible to teach the adolescents something.
    The youth has been searching an excuse for weeks to start the riots and now they’ve finally found one.
    They aren’t fighting and robbing for the man who died, they just want revenge. This isn’t going to work, ‘cause people won’t observe a pregnant teenager different if she wears branded goods.

I’m sure there are many people with the same dilemma like me.
    These riots are a phase, something that will return.
    And ‘till the riots are finally over, I will help my colleagues and try to stop the teenagers, knowing that these riots will originate again in a few years…

[ bericht aangepast op 19 sep 2011 - 18:56 ]

Never run out of reasons to smile...

Is 't niet "rose" i.p.v. "rised"? En "The youth have been searching" die zin is vreemd. Is 't niet "has" i.p.v. "have"? :'D

"I shut my eyes in order to see.'

Prudence schreef:
    Is 't niet "rose" i.p.v. "rised"? En "The youth have been searching" die zin is vreemd. Is 't niet "has" i.p.v. "have"? :'D

'has risen' klopt, want dat stond in mijn voorbeeldtekst, haha (krul)

Maar het is inderdaad 'has', bedankt! (:

Torchic schreef:
    (...)
    'has risen' klopt, want dat stond in mijn voorbeeldtekst, haha (krul)

Maar het is inderdaad 'has', bedankt! (:

O, oeps. Ik zag niet dat er nog "has" voor "risen" stond 8)

Prudence schreef:
    (...)
    O, oeps. Ik zag niet dat er nog "has" voor "risen" stond 8)

Haha, maakt niet uit! (:

Nja, voor de rest heb ik niets kunnen ontdekken.

Probeer op de I te letten, verder heb ik niets kunnen ontdekken, maar ik heb maar snel gekeken.

comfort in c h a o s