• The saviour walks amongst us
    yet is not one of our kind
    But save the day he will thus
    do not search him and you’ll find
    the saviour of the dawn light
    to touch our precious land
    will make with fantasy and mind bright
    Pride Rock forever stand.

Many ages and generations have passed since Simba reclaimed the Pride Lands. For nearly a century, the Kingdom has known nothing but prosper under the reign of the most adequate Kings. But now a grave danger, far worse than Scar’s miserable attempt to bring together lions and hyena’s, threatens to undo all Simba and his offspring have worked to establish. Time has come for the young King and his family to leave Pride Rock and search for the one an ancient prophecy has declared will salvage them when Darker Times are coming. Having nothing but the saviour’s name, they set out on a hazardous journey. But time is urgent, and not everyone can be trusted. Will the Pride Lands stay touched by the sun, or shall they meet their end soon?

When a young human receives a peculiar book for his/her birthday, he/she is immediately fascinated by the tale of young lion who does not fit in with his family. The book draws him/her in so much a brittle connection between the two develops. Every time the youngster opens the book, it is as if he/she becomes one with the lion.

Little does anyone know that the saviour the lions are looking for has been journeying with them from the very start.

Roles:
    King
    Qeto – Chamberlain - Theodora
    Neo - Javert
    Akua - SneakyDom
    Lioness reserved for Yoda
    Lioness reserved for GhostCider
    Lioness
    Lioness

1 Human = Qeto

Rules:
    - English only
    - Minimum of eight lines per post
    - Maximum of two characters p.p.
    - OOC between brackets or in Chat Topic
    - No perfect players
    - No killing characters without permission of the owner
    - Characters can fight, but keep it friendly between players
    - Wait 2-3 posts before replying again

Lion Rules
    The Lions can talk and make animal noises, just like in The Lion King.
    The King has privileges and is to be treated with respect at all times
    There can be traitors amongst the lions
    They do not know what danger they are up against, nor who the saviour is

Human rules
    The Human cannot speak directly to all Lions, but develops a deep connection with the Chamberlain as the story goes. At times of great emotions he/she is able to direct Qeto’s actions.
    The Human can alter the situation by “reading” the book. She/he is able to say what happens to the Lions, e.g. : it starts to rain, they run into a pack of hyena’s, they see a herd of antelope, etc. The Lions are to take this into consideration. (Basically the Human is the storyteller.)

The king has been brutally murdered by an assassin unknown. A council between the elder and the Chamberlain has been going on for hours. Some would leave Pride Rock, and others would stay. Time has come to make a decision.

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Qeto

“We cannot leave Pride Rock, Qeto. It has been our home since the light first touched it.”
    I growl and make my way over to the elderly lion.
    “Our king is dead!” I shout. “As are three of our brothers and sister! We cannot simply just sit around and wait until there are none of us left! I won’t stand for it!”
    “And who shall lead this expedition? You?”
    “Yes, if I must. Nobody else seems to be prepared to take our family to safety.”
    “To safety, Qeto? You think they would willingly follow the heir of Scar?”
    Another growl bounces of the walls and I know my nuzzle is contorted in contempt.
    “I am very much aware of who my ancestors are, thank you. But do not ever call me their heir again! I am nothing like that traitor! Or do you doubt my king’s decision to trust me enough to make me his chamberlain?”
    Huh, that seems to shut them up.
    “You can stay here and get murdered, if you wish. I am leaving, and I’m taking the lionesses with me. We will find the Saviour,” I tell the council.
    “The Saviour? Surely you do not believe in such foolishness, Qeto?” one of the quieter elders asks me.
    “I have no choice,” I answer. “Since the prophecy seems to be becoming very real. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to prepare for a journey.”
    Without any further ado, I walk away and descend Pride Rock. Before going to the lionesses, I decide to hunt. Perhaps it will soothe me, and allow me to explain to them why we are leaving. Maybe a last stroll through the Pride Lands will comfort me, though I sincerely doubt that.
    When I see a herd of zebra’s, I go down into a crouch. Slowly but surely I start to approach. When one of them seems to become alert, I stay very quiet for a while. Once they’ve settled, I strike. It doesn’t take me too long to snatch one, but it sure puts up a fight. It takes me three times to finally bite the right spot in its neck, and then it’s only a matter of perseverance. When I start to eat my kill, I notice I have lost all appetite for it. So I drag the corpse back to Pride Rock, under which some cubs are playing.
    “Have your fill,” I tell them. “You’ll need it.”
    They eye me with suspicion, but when they notice the blood on my nuzzle –indicating that I have tasted the zebra, and thus they won’t get sick- they dig in as if they haven’t had decent meal for weeks.
    “Akua!” I shout, as I make my way over to her. “Gather up the lionesses. We’re leaving.”

[ bericht aangepast op 16 juni 2013 - 11:39 ]

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

[mijn topics!]

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

Akua
    I look up, flicking my tail happily when I recognize Qeto, before realizing that he was in what appeared to be a bad mood. So I lowered myself to the floor a little more, getting even closer to the cold ground then I already was. I'd finally found somewhere comfortable to lay down where I could keep an eye on the cubs without them teasing me, and my peace had been disturbed. Mind you, I never really minded when it was Qeto.
    “Leaving... Where?” I look up again, puzzled at his words. I stood, and feeling a little bold, gently bumped my head against his shoulder affectionately. Then I looked up at him, decided he'd explain in a minute, and turned around to roar, letting the other lionesses know that we were going to be moving soon. I was usually ignored, but I didn't feel the need to point that out. When he made it more obvious we were leaving, another lioness would call the others, and we'd all leave. I decided to stick close to Qeto to be on the safe side. I detested travelling – to me it felt more like I was parading my half-breededness around and flaunting it. Then I looked back at him for his explanation.

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

Slotje op aanvraag.

Miep