• It was the year 2156 when scientists finally discovered a new way of creating life. By manipulating artificial genes and growing the fetus in a tube, they were able to created 'the perfect Human being'. They were rumoured to have no flaws and to look as beautiful as any child celebrity. Their hair- and eye-colour could, according to the advertisement, range from red to blue and everything in between. Naturally, rich people all around the world put in an order for one of these 'perfect children'. Eventually, 23 orders were accepted. And in May 2157, the first batch of these 'Beauties' was born. The first one on the 2nd of May, the second on the 3rd, etc. And for a while, everything was great. They had loving parents. A home. They were loved. They were happy.
    And then everything took a dark turn.

On the 25th of May, in the year 2162, one little Beauty developed a 'Gift'. This boy, the first successfully born prototype, is publicly known as Zero. It was his sixth birthday party when the tragedy happened. The other 23 Beauties had been invited for this celebration, because it was not only Zero's birthday, but also the anniversary of the scientific break-through that made the Beauties possible. It was a very nice and relaxed meeting. The parents chatted, the children played... Until Little Zero passed out.
    When he awoke, Zero was not the same. His voice was ancient and loud. He spoke his first prophecy.
    “These Gifts of Beauty,
    They are the work of an empty man.
    To retrieve your soul,
    Follow my words as close as you can.”
    When the little boy made eye contact with one of the other Beauties, he would loose control of his own body and speak a prophecy. Each prophecy leads, according to Little Zero, to their 'soul'. Back then, nobody understood what the little boy meant. They didn't understand why Little Adam, Beauty #21, needed to find "A dame with hair as white as frost, to whom beauty is never lost. Her head is always full of dreams, yet frozen in time is how she seems."
    Then the Beauties grew up. And as each of them hit the age of six, they all developed a Gift. Several kids were suddenly making fire dance on their fingertips, while others could bend the will of their parents or heal small wounds and injuries. The world panicked. The Gifts were strange, weird, and sometimes even dangerous.
    It wasn't until the end of June, one month after the last Beauty had received their gift, that things escalated. Beauty #18 had been brutally attacked on the street by a frightened woman. The six year old boy had been strangled to death, despite his efforts to fight her off.
    People everywhere were demanding the death of these children. It was obvious that they were getting too powerful. Apart from their Gifts, they were also stronger and faster than the average Human. They really did seem perfect.
    Until exactly five months after their birthdays. Because on that day, they became colour blind and they stopped being able to taste and smell things completely. The children had lost a part of themselves. The only explanation the parents had, was Zero's line. “They need to find their soul,” he'd said seriously on his birthday. The scientists said it was complete fantasy and just said it was a fault in their genes. Yet, the world was convinced that, without finding this one 'person' the Gifted would be unable to reach their 'soul' and their full power. And they were happy with that.

Eventually, it was decided that the children would be imprisoned, away from humanity. A small island in the Indian Ocean was used to build two prison camps. Each camp would hold twelve of the 'Gifted' as they were now labelled. Light-weight metal gauntlets were made for their hands. This special type of metal would prevent the children from using their Gifts.
    Ever since these 24 Gifted children were seven years old, they've been locked up in the prison camps. It is now the year 2175. Most Gifted are now 18 years old. This roleplay follows their story and their struggle.

This roleplay follows the twelve oldest Gifted, their four guards and two scientists. The Gifted each have their own cell. The guards and scientists all have their own flat on the premises. The staff is concluded by two ladies who clean and cook the meals.
    Before you do anything, please carefully read the summary in the spoiler above.
    It's also a good idea to read:
    About the Gifted
    About the Gifts
    About the Prophecies
    About the Guards and Scientists
    About the Prison
    Roleplay Rules
    Profiles

Roles:
    We're full

Gifted:
    *Zero ¦ [Zero] (Born on 25-04-2156) (Lizz/Javert)
    *Elanori Zarafina Bertarinne ¦ [First] (Born on 02-05-2157) (Vera/GwenxVeer)
    * ¦ [Second] (Born on 03-05-2157) (L/Lolicia)
    * ¦ [Third] (Born on 04-05-2157)
    *Laron Caldre Barrineau ¦ [Fourth] (Born on 05-05-2157) (Sam/Yoda)
    * ¦ [Fifth] (Born on 06-05-2157)
    *Ophelia Wynter Sfinkx ¦ [Sixth] (Born on 07-05-2157) (Elise/Gatsby)
    * ¦ [Seventh] (Born on 08-05-2157)
    * ¦ [Eighth] (Born on 09-05-2157) (Simone/Ubiquitous)
    * ¦ [Ninth] (Born on 10-05-2157) (Melissa/After)
    *Lenore Elín Sappheire Callas ¦ [Tenth] (Born on 11-05-2157) (Cheryl/Maniae)
    *Mischa Remy Aznabaev ¦ [Eleventh] (Born on 12-05-2157) (Amy/SneakyDom)

Guards:
    * ¦ Head guard (Lizz/Javert)
    *Vanellope Westerfeld ¦ Guard #1 (Amy/SneakyDom)
    *Eduard Novak ¦ Guard #2 (Kaat/TicTac)
    * ¦ Guard #3 (Cheryl/Maniae)

Scientists:
    * ¦ Head scientist ]
    * ¦ Assistant (Elise/Gatsby)

Chat-Topic!

- English only
    - 10 line minimum per post; (20 minimum if you have two characters in the post)
    - 2 characters maximum;
    - Anything unrelated to the RPG in the chat topic;
    - No killing a character without permission of the owner;
    - No 'perfect characters'. Each character must have a few flaws;
    - Wait 2-3 posts before replying again;
    - You do not have to fall in love with the person the prophecy leads you to!
    - Please read the story carefully before making your character!
    - We start the RPG on Friday, the 28th of June, around eight p.m. If this is a problem, please contact me.
    - This roleplay is not meant to fill it's topics in a day. Take your time with your posts. We can be patient. Quality over speed, please.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Okay guys, listen up!
    I will read each character before I put it in the story.Ii will check all requirements and might ask you to make some changes.

I have also heard some complaints about the weight.height of some characters. They may be in a prison, but they are still fed. they are not supposed to be severely underweight. Please use a BMI meter. These 'anorexia' type weights that some characters here have, are making several other people uncomfortable due to personal experience.

This is not an angry announcement, just please have a review of your character's height and weight. Thank you.

And please inform me when your character is finished so I can approve it.

[ bericht aangepast op 27 juni 2013 - 12:40 ]

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

I want 7 please

Sidera nostra contrahent solem lunamque

Full Name: Mischa Ramy Aznabaev
    Nickname: None
    Date of birth: 12/05/2157
    Sex: Female
    Sexuality: Unknown – Mischa was imprisoned with the others when she was only 7, and being the youngest one in their prison, sees the older ones as her big brothers and sisters. She is however, very open-minded about it, thanks to having two dads.
    Ethnicity: Mischa has a Japanese appearance, but she sees herself as half American and half Russian because one of her dads is American, and the other one is Russian.
    Gift: Easily bend the will of Humans
    Blood type: A- // 12S
    Language: English
    Religion: Unknown – She grew up in a Russian Orthodox home, but her parents were very relaxed about religion.
    Father: Cris Aznabaev
    Father: Nathaniel Aznabaev
    Siblings: None
    Height: 4'10ft
    Weight: 8stone
    Looks:

Mischa has waist long silver hair that she usually wears in a plait down her back, or in a plaited bun. Sometimes she wears it loose, but not very often. She has very bright blue eyes, and silver eyelashes and eyebrows. That means that she constantly wears mascara. Despite being on the small side, she's quite curvaceous. She's not, however, on the large side at all. She's very slim, with what her daddy Nathan always called 'pianist fingers', with delicate features. Mischa is very confident about her appearance, and is very comfortable in her own skin, but she doesn't excessively show it off. Mischa had a different make-up style everyday – she wanted to be a world-famous make-up artist when she was younger. She happily experimented with different styles of make-up on a frequent basis, and often put make-up on her fathers until she was forced into the prison with the others. Mischa has no need to wear glasses, although she sometimes wore large black frame glasses with no glass in because they were her 'working glasses' that she wore for her school/homework. Mischa would like to get some tattoo's and piercings. She'd love to get her lips, ears and navel pierced. Mischa has a very... Eclectic dress sense. She used to love shaking up her wardrobe, and has pieces of clothing from most 'style' in her wardrobe at home. She also used to love randomly cosplaying, and often got her fathers to dress up like her favourite characters at the time. She usually mixed up 'styles' e.g she'd wear a wear of punk trousers with a very girly shirt and steampunk boots. She only gets by with the uniform given to her in the prison by secretly editing it [e.g, using the sharp edge on her gloves to rip the trousers] and using a lot of imagination.
    Likes: Make-up, cosplaying, taking photos, horse-riding, dancing, singing, flirting
    Dislikes: The prison, being away from her parents, the dark
    Characteristics:
    Mischa is a very independent young woman who knows how to look after herself. She is very enthusiastic about things that she likes, almost to the point of being a perfectionist, working on her projects until every aspect is perfect. Mischa is also very persistent about things that she wants, although she can also be very patient when she needs to be, although she doesn't really like being patient unless she's reading. She is also very confident about her appearance, and her abilities, not including her Gift, as she wasn't even aware that she had one until the night she was kidnapped by soldiers.
    However, she is not just a sweet and ditzy fashion and make-up obsessed teenage girl. Mischa has a darker side that she didn't have when she was still living with her parents, and she's also developed some psychopathic tendencies that was definitely absent during her time with her parents.. Mischa is very materialistic, thanks to being spoiled rotten by her fathers giving her anything that she wanted. She is also very vengeful towards her guards and the scientists, as she blames them for her being taken away from her loving family so cruelly. She is very sceptical about information given to her, especially if it's from the guards, and or is about her parents, whom she misses terribly. Mischa has also turned from being a gentle, loving and affectionate child to a cold and unemotional young woman who is silently plotting the deaths of the soldiers that kidnapped her, and the guards that are keeping her from her family. She also has a habit of seducing guards in an attempt to escape from the prison. She's only succeeded once, and was only caught because the other guards found the corpse of the man who gave Mischa the key out of the prison.

History: Mischa grew up in a very loving family, and was doted on by her gay parents, who spent most of their savings on getting a 'Perfect Child' because they were unable to find a surrogate to carry their child for them. Her parents spoiled her, but they also made sure to raise her right. She ate her vegetables, did her homework. When she was three, her parents brought her a Shetland pony, because she wanted to be the same as her parents, the way all little children do – they both owned their own horse and frequently spend the weekends riding. She kept straining her wrists from falling off, and her parents was relieved that they didn't have to keep taking her to the doctors about it, because it was usually healed the morning after, with her raring to go on another ride with them. She did very well in school, excelling in music and dance. She was bullied a little, but mostly by the girls who were jealous of her perfect looks, but apart from that she was pretty popular in school and loved it. Her parents showed her with dance lessons and she often performed with her dance classes and choir, but not always as a lead. Her teachers were firm, but fair. They made sure the others also got a chance in the spot-light, and she didn't resent them for it, after her parents explained to her that she was 'special', and the teachers couldn't show bias towards her. She knew that she was special, but she didn't realise that she had a 'Gift' until she was woken up one night by soldiers forcing metal gauntlets onto her hands and dragging her from her home kicking and screaming for her parents, who were being held at gun-point to prevent them from interfering. She suffered from nightmares about night until she was 10, when she started to act like a hard-ass so she wouldn't be hurt like that again.
    Personal Items:
    Mischa and her parents swop books as she finishes them. Her parents refused to let her be without a new book each week. The only other item from her home was her red cape that Nathan had made for her as a home-warming present when she was adopted. Every other year, it'd be taken away so it could be enlarged to fit her better.

[ bericht aangepast op 23 juni 2013 - 15:52 ]

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

> My topics.
    I'll make a start tonight.

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.

Silverton schreef:
    I want 7 please

I wrote you down. ^^

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Gifted one please (: Give me a sec, I still have to read this stuff.
    Ah well, gimme number 8, I'll work her out later, probably in the weekend.

[ bericht aangepast op 19 juni 2013 - 20:19 ]

In the end the only person we love is ourselves, that's why we choose to love someone who can please us the most.

Can I have first?

I'm F.O.O.D.: Fan Of One Direction, problems?

Oh, an English RPG!

I did one before but that one didn't really make a start at all...

Can I get a female, the Ninth gifted (human will - bending)?

[ bericht aangepast op 19 juni 2013 - 20:19 ]

These rings that I'm breaking are making you a personal debt.

GwenxVeer schreef:
    Can I have first?

Nevermind! First is yours. I misread.

Don't forget, you can all have max. Two characters, and guards/scientists are needed too! :)

[ bericht aangepast op 19 juni 2013 - 20:22 ]

Javert schreef:
    (...)

I wrote you down. ^^
    thanks my name is xanthe so you can write that too

Javert schreef:
    (...)

Nevermind! First is yours. I misread.

Don't forget, you can all have max. Two characters, and guards/scientists are needed too! :)

Can I have an scientists to?

[ bericht aangepast op 19 juni 2013 - 20:24 ]

I'm F.O.O.D.: Fan Of One Direction, problems?

Full Name: Ophelia Wynter Sfinkx
    Nickname: Six, by the guards and by her own choice.
    Date of birth: 07-05-2157
    Sex: Female
    Sexuality: Unlcear. Ophelia is only interested in seduction for achieving what she wants.
    Ethnicity: Caucasian, German/English.
    Gift: Electricity
    Language: She was raised bilingual but prefers English, has a slight German accent.
    Religion: Atheist. Ophelia does not believe in a God or a judgement day of any kind. In her opinion the ones with power are to be worshipped, if anyone.
    Mother: Eliza Darlington
    Father: Hannibal Heinrich Sfinckx
    Siblings: One, her brother Bruno Kaspar Sfinckx, age of 27.
    Height: 5’78 ft (1.76m)
    Weight: 152 lbs (69kg)
    Looks:

Ophelia is quite tall and slender, but she has very feminine curves; round hips and a noticeable breasts, but a rather tiny bottom. Her eyes are a deep green colour, but they seem empty. They radiate no emotions and they show no sign of feelings. Her rosy, plump limps are an entirely different story, when it comes to that matter. Ophelia’s mouth often shows what she is thinking. When it’s a straight line, she is angry. When she pouts, she is sunken in thought or up to no good. A smile is a rarity, unless it’s a grin and then you can bet she’s got some devious scheme.
    Characteristics:
    History:
    Hannibal and Eliza were married at a very young age. Their ages were respectively 23 and 19.
    Hannibal is the last descendant of an old aristocrat German family and his parents wanted him to marry a girl of equal status. Eliza was nothing of the sorts, being a foreign exchange student, but since Hannibal was head over heels for her, he had his mind set on marrying her. The two ran off together but before they reached the border, they were retrieved by Hannibal’s elder brother.
    When Eliza realised that Hannibal was not going to get any of his parents’ money if he married her, Eliza took off, leaving Hannibal heartbroken. A few months later, she returned, her belly larger than when she left. It turned out Eliza was pregnant, and the two were forced into matrimony.
    Four months later, the baby was born and Hannibal fell into disgrace with his family even more than he already had, as it turned out the baby was not his. This wasn’t hard to tell because the boy had a dark skin and frizzy hair. Yet Hannibal chose to forgive his wife and raise the baby as his own.
    Despite her shallow character, Eliza turned out to be a devoted mother. She doted on her baby boy and tried to give him his every heart’s desire. But this drove another wedge between Hannibal and Eliza, because as much as Hannibal tried to teach his son good values and morality, Eliza would undo it every time by giving in to the boy’s wishes. They had a huge row and Eliza threatened to leave Hannibal. Despite all that had happened, the man still felt something for his wife, even if he wasn’t sure if it still could be called love. He asked her what the hell she wanted from him, and finally he learnt his wife’s hidden desire: a daughter.
    But since Eliza had suffered complications during giving birth to Bruno, she was not physically able to carry another child. For a moment it seemed that Hannibal would see his family fall apart right in front of his eyes, but then he found out about an on-going scientifically project. He took an interest in it and it wasn’t long before they were accepted into the programme. One year later, they adopted a beautiful baby girl with Lavender hair and eyes as green as gemstones. They called her Ophelia, and for a while it seemed as if Eliza had changed for the better. But soon enough she started to spoil the baby rotten, just as she’d done with Bruno. This time, though, Hannibal would not have it. He started to keep Ophelia away from her mother as subtly as he possibly could and tried to raise her better than Bruno had been. Of course Eliza would not stand down so easily, but as the years passed this turned against her. As Ophelia grew older, she became aware of her mother’s superficial character and her materialistic behaviour. The child looked at her father and saw a loving, patient, perhaps somewhat naïve man. The more she pondered this, the more she grew to loathe her mother and her brother as well. She started to spend more and more time with her father, who taught her to play the harp, and to play chess. At the age of five, Ophelia had turned her back to her mother and brother completely. She would not speak to them, she would pretend not to hear them and she would tell her classmates they were dead and she had only her father.
    About a year later, when she turned six, Ophelia started to notice she had an ability none of her family members seemed to have. She could put out a light by touching it, and she would feel the light flowing through her body. She also became aware that the thunderstorms that roared when she was angry weren’t a coincidence. She managed to hide her gift and it’s side effects, and confided it to nobody, not even her father. Of course, as the other Beauties showed theirs, Eliza decided that even though Ophelia hadn’t shown any signs of it, she was to be sent away too. Ophelia had a strong feeling that her mother had finally found a way to take revenge.
    Something changed in Ophelia when she was put in the prison. She kept to herself and developed an impenetrable wall around her heart. Nobody was to ever betray her again like her family had.

[ bericht aangepast op 23 juni 2013 - 14:58 ]

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

My topics :3
    And, if it's possible, could you change my char to ninth?

I'm gonna work on her character sheet tonight, and I'll probably finish it tomorrow or friday.

To the stars who listen — and the dreams that are answered

Can everyone not forget to tell me the gender of their character, sil vous plait?
    It's your choice, but if one or the other becomes too much, I'll close that gender for a bit.

[ bericht aangepast op 19 juni 2013 - 20:25 ]

Maniae schreef:
    My topics :3
    And, if it's possible, could you change my char to ninth?

I'm gonna work on her character sheet tonight, and I'll probably finish it tomorrow or friday.

Sorry, After requested Ninth. >.<

Javert schreef:
    Can everyone not forget to tell me the gender of their character, sil vous plait?
    It's your choice, but if one or the other becomes too much, I'll close that gender for a bit.
    I will have a male character please