• It was the year 2156 when scientists finally discovered a new way of creating life. By manipulating artificial genes and growing the fetus in a tube, they were able to created 'the perfect Human being'. They were rumoured to have no flaws and to look as beautiful as any child celebrity. Their hair- and eye-colour could, according to the advertisement, range from red to blue and everything in between. Naturally, rich people all around the world put in an order for one of these 'perfect children'. Eventually, 23 orders were accepted. And in May 2157, the first batch of these 'Beauties' was born. The first one on the 2nd of May, the second on the 3rd, etc. And for a while, everything was great. They had loving parents. A home. They were loved. They were happy.
    And then everything took a dark turn.

On the 25th of May, in the year 2162, one little Beauty developed a 'Gift'. This boy, the first successfully born prototype, is publicly known as Zero. It was his sixth birthday party when the tragedy happened. The other 23 Beauties had been invited for this celebration, because it was not only Zero's birthday, but also the anniversary of the scientific break-through that made the Beauties possible. It was a very nice and relaxed meeting. The parents chatted, the children played... Until Little Zero passed out.
    When he awoke, Zero was not the same. His voice was ancient and loud. He spoke his first prophecy.
    “These Gifts of Beauty,
    They are the work of an empty man.
    To retrieve your soul,
    Follow my words as close as you can.”
    When the little boy made eye contact with one of the other Beauties, he would loose control of his own body and speak a prophecy. Each prophecy leads, according to Little Zero, to their 'soul'. Back then, nobody understood what the little boy meant. They didn't understand why Little Adam, Beauty #21, needed to find "A dame with hair as white as frost, to whom beauty is never lost. Her head is always full of dreams, yet frozen in time is how she seems."
    Then the Beauties grew up. And as each of them hit the age of six, they all developed a Gift. Several kids were suddenly making fire dance on their fingertips, while others could bend the will of their parents or heal small wounds and injuries. The world panicked. The Gifts were strange, weird, and sometimes even dangerous.
    It wasn't until the end of June, one month after the last Beauty had received their gift, that things escalated. Beauty #18 had been brutally attacked on the street by a frightened woman. The six year old boy had been strangled to death, despite his efforts to fight her off.
    People everywhere were demanding the death of these children. It was obvious that they were getting too powerful. Apart from their Gifts, they were also stronger and faster than the average Human. They really did seem perfect.
    Until exactly five months after their birthdays. Because on that day, they became colour blind and they stopped being able to taste and smell things completely. The children had lost a part of themselves. The only explanation the parents had, was Zero's line. “They need to find their soul,” he'd said seriously on his birthday. The scientists said it was complete fantasy and just said it was a fault in their genes. Yet, the world was convinced that, without finding this one 'person' the Gifted would be unable to reach their 'soul' and their full power. And they were happy with that.

Eventually, it was decided that the children would be imprisoned, away from humanity. A small island in the Indian Ocean was used to build two prison camps. Each camp would hold twelve of the 'Gifted' as they were now labelled. Light-weight metal gauntlets were made for their hands. This special type of metal would prevent the children from using their Gifts.
    Ever since these 24 Gifted children were seven years old, they've been locked up in the prison camps. It is now the year 2175. Most Gifted are now 18 years old. This roleplay follows their story and their struggle.

This roleplay follows the twelve oldest Gifted, their four guards and two scientists. The Gifted each have their own cell. The guards and scientists all have their own flat on the premises. The staff is concluded by two ladies who clean and cook the meals.
    Before you do anything, please carefully read the summary in the spoiler above.
    It's also a good idea to read:
    About the Gifted
    About the Gifts
    About the Prophecies
    About the Guards and Scientists
    About the Prison
    Roleplay Rules
    Profiles

Roles:
    We're full

Gifted:
    *Zero ¦ [Zero] (Born on 25-04-2156) (Lizz/Javert)
    *Elanori Zarafina Bertarinne ¦ [First] (Born on 02-05-2157) (Vera/GwenxVeer)
    * ¦ [Second] (Born on 03-05-2157) (L/Lolicia)
    * ¦ [Third] (Born on 04-05-2157)
    *Laron Caldre Barrineau ¦ [Fourth] (Born on 05-05-2157) (Sam/Yoda)
    * ¦ [Fifth] (Born on 06-05-2157)
    *Ophelia Wynter Sfinkx ¦ [Sixth] (Born on 07-05-2157) (Elise/Gatsby)
    * ¦ [Seventh] (Born on 08-05-2157)
    * ¦ [Eighth] (Born on 09-05-2157) (Simone/Ubiquitous)
    * ¦ [Ninth] (Born on 10-05-2157) (Melissa/After)
    *Lenore Elín Sappheire Callas ¦ [Tenth] (Born on 11-05-2157) (Cheryl/Maniae)
    *Mischa Remy Aznabaev ¦ [Eleventh] (Born on 12-05-2157) (Amy/SneakyDom)

Guards:
    * ¦ Head guard (Lizz/Javert)
    *Vanellope Westerfeld ¦ Guard #1 (Amy/SneakyDom)
    *Eduard Novak ¦ Guard #2 (Kaat/TicTac)
    * ¦ Guard #3 (Cheryl/Maniae)

Scientists:
    * ¦ Head scientist ]
    * ¦ Assistant (Elise/Gatsby)

Chat-Topic!

- English only
    - 10 line minimum per post; (20 minimum if you have two characters in the post)
    - 2 characters maximum;
    - Anything unrelated to the RPG in the chat topic;
    - No killing a character without permission of the owner;
    - No 'perfect characters'. Each character must have a few flaws;
    - Wait 2-3 posts before replying again;
    - You do not have to fall in love with the person the prophecy leads you to!
    - Please read the story carefully before making your character!
    - We start the RPG on Friday, the 28th of June, around eight p.m. If this is a problem, please contact me.
    - This roleplay is not meant to fill it's topics in a day. Take your time with your posts. We can be patient. Quality over speed, please.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Okay guys, listen up!
    I will read each character before I put it in the story.Ii will check all requirements and might ask you to make some changes.

I have also heard some complaints about the weight.height of some characters. They may be in a prison, but they are still fed. they are not supposed to be severely underweight. Please use a BMI meter. These 'anorexia' type weights that some characters here have, are making several other people uncomfortable due to personal experience.

This is not an angry announcement, just please have a review of your character's height and weight. Thank you.

And please inform me when your character is finished so I can approve it.

[ bericht aangepast op 27 juni 2013 - 12:40 ]

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Yoda schreef:
    (...)

*flails*

O.O

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

Full Name: Lenore Elín Sappheire Callas
    Lenore means light, Elín means sun, Sappheire means sapphire; lapis lazuli.
    Callas is a short form of any several compound surnames composed with the first element 'kalos', meaning good; beautiful
    Nickname: Mostly Nore, but some people call her Lenny or Sapph. To tease her some people call her Norypory.
    Date of birth: 11-05-2157
    Sex: Female
    Sexuality: This isn't known, since Lenore hardly knows what the word means. What she does know, is that she feels a bit more attracted to men than to women.
    Ethnicity: Her mum is of Icelandic origin and her dad is Greek - this might change -
    Gift: Fire
    Language: She speaks Greek and Icelandic. In prison she learned to speak English, but she still doesn't understand all the words. However, she rarely dares to ask someone to explain those words.
    Religion: None
    Mother: Freyja Snæbrá
    Father: Mateo Callas
    Siblings: She has one older sister, Aria, and an older brother, Jace.
    Height: 5.3
    Weight: 124.5 lbs
    Looks:

Click
    Lenore has long, thick, blonde hair that falls just below her breast. Her hair has blonde and blue locks in it. When she still lived with her family, her mom or sister used to braid her hair. If she was allowed to have rubber bands in prison, she'd braid her hair herself.
    She has a very sophisticated, angelic face with full lips. But more striking are her eyes. You could compare her eyes with the night sky. They are very dark blue, midnight blue, and they have little golden and silver spots in it. Her parents chose for that because they met under the night sky. Her eyes are framed by long, dark eyelashes. Her skin is almost spotless - she has some freckles and her arms - and she often has a blush on her cheeks.
    Her body is slim with feminine curves. She isn't one of the taller Gifted, and next to some of them she can feel a bit insecure, since it makes her feel small.
    She has a sweet and innocent charisma.
    Likes: Mythology, fantasize about how her life'd be if she'd be a normal teenage girl, reading, sweet music - her parents often let her listen to it over the phone, it's her favourite moment of the day - and "normal" humans.
    Dislikes: Her gift, the gauntlets, loud noises
    Characteristics: Three words to describe Lenore are sweet, caring and insecure. She would never hurt anyone physically nor mentally, not on purpose at least. Besides that she gets quickly worried about other people. She likes it to see that people are happy,and she also likes it to make people feel happy, for example by complimenting them. She always sees the good in people, which makes her a bit naïve. The fact that she's very willing to help other people makes it very easy to take advantage of her. If she wouldn't be in prison, she would probably be a nurse or a female volunteerworker. She also doesn't understand why some people would hurt other people on purpose. As said, Nore is also quite insecure and she doesn't like it to stand in the spotlights. Besides that it makes her indecisive. She's hurt quite easily, since she takes many things personally.
    Other things about Lenore are that she's very clumsy, she stumbles a lot, and it is easy to scare her. She has a big fantasy and can spent whole days imagining about other worlds. She also can spent whole days trying to remember how which colour looks. Her big fantasy causes that she believes some stories very fast and makes her a bit superstitious.
    If you have a problem and need to talk about it, then Nore is a very good option to go to. She might not give an advice, but she is a very good listener.
    History/Family life: Freyja and Mateo decided to “buy” a gifted child after they had a car accident. They came out alive, but Freyja wouldn't be able to get more children, which they were quite sad about, since they always had wanted three children. They could easily afford it, with Mateo being a lawyer for the “higher class people” and Freyja being a psychiatrist.
    Lenore had a pretty good life, living with the Callas' family. They love her as much as they love Aria and Jace, even after they discovered her Gift.
    A few months later, on Lenore's seventh birthday, her dad was reading out a fairytale for her. It was already late, but she couldn't sleep since she had a nightmare. Short after her dad had finished the story, soldiers stormed into the room. Her dad wanted to protect her, but the soldiers violently forced him away from her. Lenore was still a little bit shaky 'cause of her nightmare and didn't understand was going on. Then her mom came into the room and she begged the soldiers to not take their little girl away from them. Of course they didn't listened to that and while a few of the soldiers held Lenore's parents, the others got Lenore out of her house to bring her to the island.
    The first few weeks there the only thing Lenore could do was cry. She didn't know any English word yet and didn't understand what the people there were saying to her, and they didn't understand her, since she only spoke in Icelandic and Greek. Almost none of the other gifted couldn't speak those languages too and because of that, she barely said anything the first year in prison. She felt alone and in an attempt to feel a little bit less alone, she took her teddy bear everywhere. She started leaving her teddy bear in her room when she was nine, because of the fact the she could communicate a little with the others, since she had Enlish courses.
    What she doesn't know is that her parents are trying to get Lenore out of prison, but she doesn't know that since they are afraid to disappoint her if it wouldn't succeed.
    Personal belongings: - An old, Greek storybook, with not only the common fairytales (Like Rapunzel, Little Red Cap etc) in it, but it also contains stories about the Greek Mythology. She has already read it a hunderd times, but she's still enjoying it. In her head she often alters the ending of the story. The book is very important to her, since she has a picture of her family glued in it.
    - A teddy bear. The reason that Lenore hasn't traited her stuffed toy for something else yet, is that that was the first thing she got from her parents. They already gave it to her when they met her for the first time.

[ bericht aangepast op 25 juni 2013 - 23:21 ]

To the stars who listen — and the dreams that are answered

[ bericht aangepast op 19 juni 2013 - 22:27 ]

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Javert schreef:
    I just want to remind people, before I forget, the gifted do not have any personal belongings. It's a prison. Everything they even owned was left in their homes when they were seven. :)

That's really sad :3 no personal clothes, make-up and so on? And are they allowed to use razors or do they want ape like women? And what dó they have? (sorry. But it's pretty important for writing my character. Wanted to give her a romsntic novel with lots of sex in it which she secretly reads :') )

In the end the only person we love is ourselves, that's why we choose to love someone who can please us the most.

Ubiquitous schreef:
    (...)

That's really sad :3 no personal clothes, make-up and so on? And are they allowed to use razors or do they want ape like women? And what dó they have? (sorry. But it's pretty important for writing my character. Wanted to give her a romsntic novel with lots of sex in it which she secretly reads :') )

Er, I'm really doubting that decision at the moment. Because it does make it a tad difficult, so I think I might change it that they're allowed two personal, none dangerous items? If everyone is okay with that? I'll put it in the begin post.
    There's blunt razors in the bathrooms, don't worry. :'D

Javert schreef:
    (...)

Er, I'm really doubting that decision at the moment. Because it does make it a tad difficult, so I think I might change it that they're allowed two personal, none dangerous items? If everyone is okay with that? I'll put it in the begin post.
    There's blunt razors in the bathrooms, don't worry. :'D

I'd still be weird for a seven year old to have a book like that xd

To the stars who listen — and the dreams that are answered

Maniae schreef:
    (...)

I'd still be weird for a seven year old to have a book like that xd

Quite true. Maybe, if she's on good terms still with her parents, they send her that and she traded it for the item she used to have? So she gave up one item she had for the item her parents send? [I'm really tired, sorry, I hope I'm making sense]
    I just don't wanna change too much. I already have the feeling that I'm confusing everyone with all my mistakes. And I'm so sorry D:

Full Name: Laron Caldre Barrineau, both his first name and his surname are strangely representative of him. Laron meaning ‘cunning thief’ and Barrineau meaning ‘unexplained’.
    Nickname: Little bugger, by the guards. (Little) Rascall, by his parents when he was little.
    Date of birth: 05/05/2157
    Sex: Male
    Sexuality: He wouldn’t know. Probably pansexual.
    Ethnicity: French.
    Gift: Control over ice.
    Language: English and French. Both without accents. He was raised bilingual.
    Religion:
    Mother:
    Father:
    Siblings:
    Family life:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Looks:

Characteristics: [Minimum: 20 lines]
    History: [Minimum: 20 lines]

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

The name of seven is Poseidon Faelan Garnea

Sidera nostra contrahent solem lunamque

Full Name: Haven Tallulah Abano.
    Nickname: Lulu.
    Date of birth: 04-05-2157.
    Sex: Female.
    Sexuality:
    Ethnicity:
    Gift: Ice.
    Language: English and
    Religion:
    Mother:
    Father:
    Siblings:
    Family life:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Looks: [Minimum 7 lines]
    Characteristics: [Minimum: 10 lines]
    History: [Minimum: 10 lines]

[ bericht aangepast op 20 juni 2013 - 23:04 ]

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.

Silverton schreef:
    The name of seven is Poseidon Faelan Garnea

Xanthe, you genius. :')

help

Full Name: Danielle Skye Fairholm
    Nickname: Dani, Sky and everything else your characters come up with.
    Date of birth: 09-05-2157
    Sex: Female
    Sexuality: She doesn't know, since she has never fallen in love before. But she thinks she's hetero, because everytime she would imagine herself being romantic with someone it's a guy.
    Ethnicity: English
    Gift: Bend the will of humans
    Language: English
    Religion: She's struggling with what to believe, since she has no accurate knowlegde of the world, because she has been impronsed since she was only 7 years old.
    Mother: Alice Leigh
    Father: Nicolas Fairholm
    Siblings: Skye Fairholm.
    Height: 5.6
    Weight:138 lbs
    Looks: Dani's mom wanted someone who, at first sight, looked pretty normal, but was still perfect. So her overall built is perfectly balanced, she has a pretty slim body and an hourglass-shape. Her skin is pale and she has several birthmarks on her body, except for her face. Alice wanted her daughter's face to be spotless, still she got a scar just above her right eyebrow when she was younger. Also, Danielle has something against leg- and armhair and thus wants her skin to be soft and free from any hair that doesn't belong there. Since she doesn't have a lot to do in prison, she doesn't care taking her time shaving her legs and arms.
    Dani has pretty small ears, a nose which end tends to stand a bit upwards and her lips are blushing pink as her cheeks. Her cheeks always have a small hint of pink, which make it seems like she's always blushing. Her mother still wanted to give her daughter something special, so that she still would stand out in a big crowd. That's why her eyes are this crazy golden colour. Her eyes stand out even more, because they're encircled with dark lashes. Also, her eyes are mostly widened, full of this childish amazement.
    Danielle has hair which has a color between light and auburn brown and is reaches to her waist. How she wears her hair depens on her mood.

Likes: Singing, fantasizing about everyday stuff, chatting, sometimes she likes to dance too, listening to music, going to the yard, when she's amazingly bored she tends to act crazy, the uniform since it's black, learning new stuff especially about how a normal life looks like.
    Dislikes: Her own leg- and armhair, being alone, having no knowlegde of the 'normal' world, thinking about her future in a realistic way

Characteristics: Danielle has some childish characteristics. She is, for example, very curious, easily amazed ánd bored. She easily talks to everyone, it doesn't matter if it's astranger or not, and most of the time she floods them with lots of questions. These questions are mostly about the world outside prison. Dani is very eager to learn a lot about it and even though she sometimes is ashamed of the questions she has to ask, it doesn't stop her from asking them. Dani is also good of trust. She is easily trusts people and would believe almost everything they tell her, but when she finds out that you've lied to her she wouldn't be too happy about it. She also can be mad for a long time and finds it hard to go and say sorry herself. Dani can also be very persistent. When she wants something she'll do everything to accomplish this.
    Like I said, Dani is easily bored. She wants to do someting allt he time and when she isn't able to do anything, she gets bad-tempered. That's why she has chosen a football as her personal belonging. It serves as prevention against her becoming bored. She has learned a few tricks with the ball and is glad she has it. She mostly takes it with her when going to the yard. She doesnt always get bad-tempered when she is bored, it could also resolve in her acting crazy..She loves joking around and just having some fun, since there's basically nothing more she can do. Sometimes she's even a big flirt without even realizing it herself, because she's also very prudish. This however doesn't mean she doesnt fantasize.
    Danielle is someone who loves to talk and who easily talks about almost every subject, except for her feelings. Feelings make her confused and thus she doesn't want to talk about it. She also loves being around people, because she hates being alone. When she's alone her thoughts will wander off and she may start thinking about her future in a very pessimistic way, which makes her obviously pretty sad. That's why she is always trying to come in contact with others. Sometimes she will try crazy stuff to get the Guards attention.
    Sometimes she suddenly can be very calm when amazed about something or while enjoying something. Also she comes across like a very calm girl when she's fantasizing about everyday stuff. Dani likes, for example, to fantasize about love-related stuff. She's always very curious about it, but also ashamed for this almost obsession-like interest. She is so eager to learn about it because it is something she doesn't know much of and has never experienced. Still, she's ashamed by it and doesn't talkl much about it. She also fantasizes about how her future could be and how she wants it to be.
    As last, Dani is always also eager to help everyone else and wants everyone to feel good. That's why she's mad that she cannot use her gift and it never occured to her that changing people's moods is immoral.

History: Skye Fairholm. Dani's 'sister' was born the natural way two years before Dani. One day Skye, Alicia and Nicolas were driving a car when another car hit them. Skye and Nicolas died in this accident, however, Dani's mother survived. Lonely as she was decided to have another child, but since the accident she had became overprotective. She wanted a perfect child who wouldn't be bullied or have any other problems in her life. That's how Dani got born and how she also got her middle name, Skye.
    Her mother was mentally very weak and like I said, overprotective. Dani didn't have much freedom and always longed for it, but young as she was, she also understood that she couldn't leave her mother. Her mother was mentally very weak Dani always felt like she should help others as much as she could, she also loved her mother and wanted to see her happy. Her childisch energy and eagerness to learn was what kept her mother alive. This may sound very dramatic for outsiders, but Dani had gotten used to it and led a pretty normal life. She got to go to school, made some friends and had fun.
    When Dani turned four she wanted a cat and eventually she got it, she called the cat Lara and became very close with the animal. Not long after she started following ballet classes, nothing too difficult since the children were still so young, but Alice thought it would learn Dani some good manners and discipline and since Dani was flexible as a cat, since she spesicifally asked for that, she thought it was a waste not to.
    When she turned 6 she noticed she could make her mother feel better by simply touching her and saying things to her in mind. She didn't know how she could do it or what it exactly was, but she was glad that she could help her mom a bit and used her Gift at times her mom was most depressed.
    Her simple life went on like this till the one day the came to get her. Dani doesn't remember much of it, it was such a great shock that she blocked most of the memories. However, she still remembers how her mother cried and begged the 'bad guys', as Dani still sees them, not to take her away. When she was finally imprisoned she didn't do well the first few weeks. She never had much freedom, but always thought she would get it one day when she got older and that hope was simply taken away, Becoming color-blind and not being able to smell or taste anything sure didn't help, as did the gauntlets. She didn't sleep much, had lost her apetite and energy. This went on for a few weeks, when she suddenly started becoming more 'alive'. She went back to her old self and tried to make the best of it, which she still does. Still, she is very lonely, sad and desperate, but these are emotions she had locked up far away a long time ago.

Personal Belongings: Danielle's personal belongings are a football and a transverse flute. The football is simply for to amuse her, since she is easily bored, it keeps her from going crazy. The transverse flute is a whole story different. Since her mother wanted her to be perfect, she also wanted her mother to learn how to play an instrument. Dani's grandmother used to play transverse flute and Alice always calmed down when hearing it. She reguested to make Dani a musical talent, so she would be able to play the flute on a young age and so she did. She however never learned to play anything else, but she still wishes to.
    There was a lot of discussion wether she ws allowed to keep the flute or not, since it could easily be used as a weapon. But Dani proved she follow the rules, obeyed the Guards and didn't try anything dangerous or troublesome, so she was allowed to keep te flute.

Extra:
    - When she was younger, she was attacked by a huge parsien dog, or 'walked over'. She was only 3 years old and thus very small, the dog had seen the cat in her arms and simply jumped on her. Since then she has a small scar just above her right eyebrown.
    - She hates colors and tastes being mentioned, unless she askes for it.
    - She likes everything that's black, gray or white or just sparkly since it looks the same in her black and white view. That's why she is jealous of the Gifted ones who have white, grey or black hair or eyes.
    - She likes to watch the sun set, since it's something she also loved when she was younger and could still see the beautiful colours. When she now is looking at the sunset, she imagines that she can see the purple, pink and orange colours.
    - She starts feeling very depressed when she thinks of her own future and how it would turn out, that's why she avoids thinking about it and lives every day like it's her last.
    - Dani isn't very good at singing, nor is she awful, but she still loves it. She randomly sings song she remember, songs she heared the guards sing or were played on the radio.

[ bericht aangepast op 4 aug 2013 - 22:00 ]

In the end the only person we love is ourselves, that's why we choose to love someone who can please us the most.

Rydel schreef:
    (...)

Xanthe, you genius. :')
    I know Marthe I know, but it has something to do with his past also, and then it would match a little

Sidera nostra contrahent solem lunamque

Guys, any changes that I make to any rules will be put in the start-topic.

Hmn, can I have a male guard?
    I want to try to write in english again after a year x3

-Hi, I'm Andy, also freaking out- Andy Gallagher