• Ik moet voor Engels een speech houden over de stelling 'Voetballers verdienen te veel geld'. Nou, dat heb ik dus gemaakt, maar aangezien mijn Engels niet zo goed is, ben ik er zeker van dat er veel fouten inzitten.
    Maar hier zitten er veel mensen die goed Engels kunnen, dus wil er iemand zo lief zijn om mijn speech te lezen en de fouten te zeggen? Alvast bedankt! (:

I think that footballers earn too much money. A footballer earns about a hundred thousand euro each month. That's a lot for a person who doesn't work exceptionally much. Okay, a footballer has to train a lot and those trainings are intensive, but there are people that work even more and earn a lot less. Besides, a footballer doesn’t do special things. A doctor, for example, saves human lives so I think they should earn more than a footballer.
    I think that the money that is given to football clubs, could be spent on better things, like the economy, the environment or other good causes.

If people would spend a part of the money that is given to football clubs on the economy, I think that the crisis will reduce.
    People could also spend a part on good causes, so that they could help the third or fourth world. There are people in Africa or Asia who work really hard, but they don’t even earn a euro per day. If you compare that to footballers, who earn hundred thousand euro each month, then it isn’t fair that those people only earn a euro per day.
    People should spend a part on the environment. They could buy windmills or solar panels to protect the environment.

[ bericht aangepast op 14 nov 2010 - 15:32 ]

Never run out of reasons to smile...

Find = think
    Footballers = soccerplayers.
    Football clubs = soccer clubs
    An euro = A euro (omdat je eu uitspreekt als jue = begint met medeklinker --> a)
    "than isn’t that fair.", wat bedoel je hiermee?

[ bericht aangepast op 14 nov 2010 - 15:15 ]

And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in the world.

but there are people who work even more and they earn a lot less

ik zou hier eerder doen; en zij verdienen nog niet eens de helft! ofzo, dat lijkt me beter..

---

A doctor, for example, saves human lives so they should earn more than a footballer.

> ... so I think they should ..

---

the environment or good causes

> or other good causes

---

the third or fourth world

vierde wereld?

---

En het staat een beetje allemaal door elkaar, vind ik, misschien moet je het wat overzichtelijker maken?

It ain't broke, so don't fix it.

Eerste zin zou ik sowieso i think doen ipv i find en ik zou third or fourth world countries doen. Verder vind ik et wel goed ;a

Morgaine schreef:
    Find = think
    An euro = A euro (omdat je eu uitspreekt als jue = begint met medeklinker --> a)

Dan is dat niet eerlijk (omdat voetballers veel meer verdienen (:
    En het moet Engels van Groot-Brittannië zijn en is soccer niet Amerikaans? (:

[ bericht aangepast op 14 nov 2010 - 15:19 ]

Morgaine schreef:
    Find = think

Een footballer is gewoon een voetballer hoor :P Die stomme amerikanen moesten zo nodig een nieuw woord ervoor maken omdat ze al american football hadden.

"Let them eat cake!"

marjotjuh95 schreef:
    (...)
    vierde wereld?

---

En het staat een beetje allemaal door elkaar, vind ik, misschien moet je het wat overzichtelijker maken?

Bedankt! En de vierde wereld zijn arme mensen in eigen land (in België dus) (:

I find that footballers earn too much money.
    > Op zich wel goed, maar ik denk dat 'I think' beter staat.
    That’s really much for a person who doesn’t work exceptional much.
    > That is a lot for a person that doensn't work exceptionally(denk ik) much.

but there are people who work even more and they earn a lot less.
    > People that work even more and earn a lot less

better things, like the economy, the environment or good causes.
    > Good causes is niet mis, maar charity zou beter zijn.

If you compare that to footballers, who earn hundred thousand euro each month, than isn’t that fair.
    > Die laatste is een beetje raar. Ik zou eerder iets zeggen als 'then you can see that we have an ethical problem here.'

[ bericht aangepast op 14 nov 2010 - 15:25 ]

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

That’s really much for a person who doesn’t work exceptional much.

- That's a lot for a person that doesn't work exceptionally much.

If people should spend a

- Dat moet 'would spend' zijn

There are people in Africa or Asia who work really hard, but they don’t even earn a euro each day.

- A euro per day

If you compare that to footballers, who earn hundred thousand euro each month, than isn’t that fair.

- then is isn't fair

[ bericht aangepast op 14 nov 2010 - 15:24 ]

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

footballers = football players
    really much = very much
    exceptional much = that much/that hard
    lives = lifes
    on the economy = to the economy
    spend = spent

*insert philosophical cringe expression here*

YoYoYoghurt schreef:
    footballers = football players
    really much = very much
    exceptional much = that much/that hard
    lives = lifes
    on the economy = to the economy
    spend = spent

Het is wel gewoon 'lives', lifes bestaat niet ;]
    En het is ook gewoon spend.

[ bericht aangepast op 14 nov 2010 - 15:30 ]

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Bedankt allemaal! :9~

Ik zal hem wel eens overschrijven hoe ik het zou doen, misschien kun je daar wijs uit. (:

- Sjalalala, een minuut of 10 later-
    Snel kladje, maar met wat jij geschreven hebt zou ik het ongeveer zo doen;

In my opinion professional footballers earn too much money.
    Why? Because their general income lays around one hundred thousand euro's every month.
    When you think about it, that is alot of money for a person who does not work exceptionally hard compared to (for example) a doctor. A footballer doesn't save lifes either, while a doctor does and still he (or she) earns alot less.
    There are also those in Africa, Asia or other 'poor' countries who work harder then many of us have to do here in Europe, and they earn a euro a day, or even less. Compared to what a footballer earns … in my vision that is a very unfair world.

As far as I'm concerned/What I think is that money given to football clubs could be better spend on goodwill, the environment or the economy.
    Why?
    I personally think the crisis could be reduced or boosted by stopping to support the clubs with so much money, or by giving them less. This money is up for better use for everyone when it is set to support the third world countries and other goodwill projects.
    I also think people should spend more on the environment. For example by buying more windmills or solar panels and other ways to protect the earth, rather then a football player.
    Afterall, we need our planet and health more then a game where you run after a ball for entertainment purposes.

[Kunnen wat kleine spelfoutjes inzitten nog, maar die ga ik nu nakijken. Mijn Engelse spellingscontrole werkte niet dus dat kon niet meteen, lol.]

[ bericht aangepast op 14 nov 2010 - 15:38 ]

The two best teachers are love and pain. - Andrea Haskell

Soccer is in Groot-Brittanië.
    Dus het is wel degelijk soccer i.p.v. football (:

Has no one told you she's not breathing?

-> Slotje op aanvraag user.

I am an idiot, I move.