• Treasure Chests

All That Glitters Isn't Gold

Magic: It's still very much alive in this world. Warlocks, masters of this magic, still live among us, hidden from Human sight. A few centuries ago, a strong warlock made a very strange discovery. When too much magic manifests in an infant's body, it crystallises in the infant's chest in the form of a gemstone. These 'Gem children' grow up as very sickly babies before turning into very strong humans. The warlocks did not care for the child and killed it to harvest the gemstone from its chest. For a while, the warlock was the most powerful of his kind thanks to the raw power of this gemstone. Then his secret came out.
    Ever since, the Gem children have been ruthlessly hunted down. Rare as they are, they already face extinction. Not all Warlocks could be bothered to hunt for this power. And this was how the Hunters were created. Humans were chosen to be charmed with a special strength, and they were blackmailed into doing the Warlocks' dirty work. This was easy until one exceptionally strong Warlock, Raisa Romaine Dvornikov, build a house and charmed it to protect the Gemchildren. Any gemchild was welcome, but Hunters would be unable to breath when they crossed the threshold into the building.
    This RPG follows the gemchildren, the warlocks, their hunters and their stories.

RPG Rules
    1)English only
    2)6 line minimum per post; (12 minimum if you have two characters in the post)
    3)2 characters maximum;
    4)Anything unrelated to the RPG in the chat topic;
    5)No killing a character without permission of the owner;
    6)No 'perfect characters'. Each character must have a few flaws;
    7)Wait 2-3 posts before replying again;

Rules related to Gemhearts
    1)They must have one personality trait that related to their Heartstone; (Find the list of traits here)
    2)They can only use their special ability when they are holding a stone similar to their heartstone in their hand;
    3)They are either taken into the protection house by Raisa the Warlock, or they hear about it and find it themselves;
    4)They are allowed to leave the protection house, but it is dangerous.

Rules related to Warlocks
    1)Warlocks don't just snap their fingers to use their magic. They use long spells, runes and potions to achieve their goals;
    2)They are not all powerful.;
    3)They can't bring people back from the dead.
    4)Warlocks can track the movements of their Hunter, but not read their mind or anything.

Rules related to Hunters
    1)Hunters are normal non-magical people who get blackmailed by the Warlocks to kill Gemchildren.
    2)They wear an enchanted necklace which gives them more strength than normal Humans and helps them tell Normal children from Gemhearts.

Roles:

Click here to see the available Gemstones and their magic abilities.

Gem Children
    1) Female – Diamond – Bella Lumière – Shinibubbles
    2) Female – Sapphire – Valerie Aridóttir – Combustible
    3) Male – Lapis Lazuli – Lazu Jet Markl – Escritura
    4) Male – Black Onyx – Fiyero Gabrielle Arch – Theodora
    5) Male – Amethyst – Julian Rowland – Yoda

Hunters and Warlocks
    1) Hunter – Female – Jazlyn Ophelia Delaney – Tortura
    2) Hunter – Female – Aerilyn Suraya Guangco – PlagueRat
    3) Hunter – Male – Jaimes Avril Ashley – Escritura
    4) Hunter – Male – Alois Amboise – Hashirama
    5) Warlock – Female – Raisa Romaine Dvornikov – Shinibubbles
    6) Warlock – Female – Scarletta Chióni Istoría – Deceiver
    7) Warlock – Female – Rosemary Aventurine Albus - PlagueRat

Story!
    Profile for Gem Children:
    Profile for Hunters
    Profile for Warlocks

[ bericht aangepast op 4 mei 2013 - 11:23 ]

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

Tortura schreef:
    (...)
    AW, TOO BAD. Pfft, Jazz would've liked that! Can't you give her a break? Lolol.
    Dramatic stuff, that's gonna be some good shit, dude.

Well I could create some embarrassing scenarios beneficial for Jazz, like I usually do with my characters :D.
    Ah yes, Sho's got one fucked up family.

No growth of the heart is ever a waste

S'okay!

Hashirama schreef:
    (...)
    Well I could create some embarrassing scenarios beneficial for Jazz, like I usually do with my characters :D.
    Ah yes, Sho's got one fucked up family.

I say: Hooray! :D. Jazz will go mad about it, hahaha.

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.

Wwooop ~ and I'm going to continue with my character sheet. Sorry, I'm at my parents' place so I had to use my mom's computer and she wanted it back until now.

there is an ocean in my heart, hidden behind eyes of celadon.

PlagueRat schreef:
    Wwooop ~ and I'm going to continue with my character sheet. Sorry, I'm at my parents' place so I had to use my mom's computer and she wanted it back until now.

That's okay hun, you have till Thursday. :)

DONE. with my hunter at least. I'd love to do the Clear Quartz gem child. so here's my try at her so far. and now it's time for bed. But instead I'll do a warlock!! Wiiiiii~

Full name: Rosemary Aventurine Albus
    Nickname: Rosa
    Place of birth: Alyth, Scotland
    Date of birth: 17th of November
    Sex: female
    Sexuality: heterosexual
    Ethnicity: caucasian
    Race: warlock
    Blood type: AB
    Height: 5'7
    Weight: 55
    Hair colour: white
    Eye colour: Irish green (shamrock)
    Clothing style: very neat, often wears gloves. Like so. Her hair naturally turned white over the years.
    Extra details: the type of magic she uses is bloodmagic, often using her own blood to conjure spells, making them quite powerfull. She can often see when someone is lying to her (or believe to see this, she very quickly believes she's lied to, even when this might not be the case). Rosemary has a lot of spies working for her.
    Likes: candy (lollipops, caramel, fudge, jelly beans, etc.), salad, blue things, handsome guys, the sight of blood, clean rooms, soap, freshly washed laundry
    Dislikes: being touched, dirtiness/getting dirty, dust, chocolate, tomatoes, animals, loud noises, bright light, liars (!!!!)
    Characteristics: this woman is not a person you’ll like to be around. The best trait in her personality is that she always tells the truth, even if it is at her own disadvantage. She has despised liars for most of her life and she’ll go batshit crazy on you if she finds out you’re lying to her. That said: Rosemary suffers from avoidant personality disorder, caused by an event in her past and it is partially inherited from her mother who suffered from obsessive compulsive disorder (another anxiety disorder). This means that Rosa is hypersensitive to rejection and criticism and feels inadequate very often. She has a severely low self-esteem, loathing herself, masking this with snappy remarks and violent bursts, while remaining self-critical all the time. Being rejected is so painful to her that she chooses being alone over trying to bond with someone most of the time, unless she believes she will not be rejected. Rosemary mistrusts everyone until they’ve proven themselves trustworthy to her. She will hold a grudge against anyone who hurts her and probably have this person killed in order to relieve herself from the emotional pain. When she was still a human, Rosemary had been very shy, anxious and quiet, but kind and helpful. All her life she’s been yearning for a close relationship, but seeing as she’d always been rejected by everyone, she’s given up on this and became cold and distant. If you touch her when she doesn't want you to, she'll immediately distance herself and snap at you, resembling a panicking wild animal. She is obsessed with blue things and she'll hunt down sapphire and lapis lazuli gemstones so she can add them to her collection. One more thing: Rosemary has mysophobia, meaning she hates dirty things, causing her to be cleaning up most of the time and cleaning her hands very often. She likes to wear gloves so she doesn't have to touch anything directly.
    Family History+History: stuff goes here.

[ bericht aangepast op 4 mei 2013 - 22:34 ]

Okay, added some stuff for his clothes and he's got a nice brother :Y).

PlagueRat schreef:
    DONE. with my hunter at least. I'd love to do the Clear Quartz gem child. so here's my try at her so far. and now it's time for bed.

Uhm, I'm sorry to point this out, but the Gemchildren are filled up already. There was only 6 places. >.<

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Oh perhaps a warlock instead? It would be great ^^.

Oooh okay. I just thought there were more since there's seven rooms. But I guess that's Risa's. I didn't fill anything big in yet, so that's fine

Oh yes! I could indeed change her into a warlock! Perfect idea!

[ bericht aangepast op 27 april 2013 - 11:58 ]

PlagueRat schreef:
    Oooh okay. I just thought there were more since there's seven rooms. But I guess that's Risa's. I didn't fill anything big in yet, so that's fine

Now that is an awesome idea I think everyone will agree on. ^^

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

PlagueRat schreef:
    Oooh okay. I just thought there were more since there's seven rooms. But I guess that's Raisa's. I didn't fill anything big in yet, so that's fine

Hahah, yeah, Raisa would like her own room in her house. xD But that'd be amazing. ^^ I continue to expect great things from you, young Jedi.

I shan't disappoint you! May the force be with us all in these times of creative storms. I'll make you an awesome warlock milady English.

You've got to be kidding me. I was editing Fiyero and was almost ready, then I accidentaly closed the tab. FML.

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

I did the same thing with Bella. xD It sucks, huh?