• Treasure Chests

All That Glitters Isn't Gold

Magic: It's still very much alive in this world. Warlocks, masters of this magic, still live among us, hidden from Human sight. A few centuries ago, a strong warlock made a very strange discovery. When too much magic manifests in an infant's body, it crystallises in the infant's chest in the form of a gemstone. These 'Gem children' grow up as very sickly babies before turning into very strong humans. The warlocks did not care for the child and killed it to harvest the gemstone from its chest. For a while, the warlock was the most powerful of his kind thanks to the raw power of this gemstone. Then his secret came out.
    Ever since, the Gem children have been ruthlessly hunted down. Rare as they are, they already face extinction. Not all Warlocks could be bothered to hunt for this power. And this was how the Hunters were created. Humans were chosen to be charmed with a special strength, and they were blackmailed into doing the Warlocks' dirty work. This was easy until one exceptionally strong Warlock, Raisa Romaine Dvornikov, build a house and charmed it to protect the Gemchildren. Any gemchild was welcome, but Hunters would be unable to breath when they crossed the threshold into the building.
    This RPG follows the gemchildren, the warlocks, their hunters and their stories.

RPG Rules
    1)English only
    2)6 line minimum per post; (12 minimum if you have two characters in the post)
    3)2 characters maximum;
    4)Anything unrelated to the RPG in the chat topic;
    5)No killing a character without permission of the owner;
    6)No 'perfect characters'. Each character must have a few flaws;
    7)Wait 2-3 posts before replying again;

Rules related to Gemhearts
    1)They must have one personality trait that related to their Heartstone; (Find the list of traits here)
    2)They can only use their special ability when they are holding a stone similar to their heartstone in their hand;
    3)They are either taken into the protection house by Raisa the Warlock, or they hear about it and find it themselves;
    4)They are allowed to leave the protection house, but it is dangerous.

Rules related to Warlocks
    1)Warlocks don't just snap their fingers to use their magic. They use long spells, runes and potions to achieve their goals;
    2)They are not all powerful.;
    3)They can't bring people back from the dead.
    4)Warlocks can track the movements of their Hunter, but not read their mind or anything.

Rules related to Hunters
    1)Hunters are normal non-magical people who get blackmailed by the Warlocks to kill Gemchildren.
    2)They wear an enchanted necklace which gives them more strength than normal Humans and helps them tell Normal children from Gemhearts.

Roles:

Click here to see the available Gemstones and their magic abilities.

Gem Children
    1) Female – Diamond – Bella Lumière – Shinibubbles
    2) Female – Sapphire – Valerie Aridóttir – Combustible
    3) Male – Lapis Lazuli – Lazu Jet Markl – Escritura
    4) Male – Black Onyx – Fiyero Gabrielle Arch – Theodora
    5) Male – Amethyst – Julian Rowland – Yoda

Hunters and Warlocks
    1) Hunter – Female – Jazlyn Ophelia Delaney – Tortura
    2) Hunter – Female – Aerilyn Suraya Guangco – PlagueRat
    3) Hunter – Male – Jaimes Avril Ashley – Escritura
    4) Hunter – Male – Alois Amboise – Hashirama
    5) Warlock – Female – Raisa Romaine Dvornikov – Shinibubbles
    6) Warlock – Female – Scarletta Chióni Istoría – Deceiver
    7) Warlock – Female – Rosemary Aventurine Albus - PlagueRat

Story!
    Profile for Gem Children:
    Profile for Hunters
    Profile for Warlocks

[ bericht aangepast op 4 mei 2013 - 11:23 ]

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

Okay guys, love you all, but seriously. On-topic now. ^^ A chat-topic will be opened soon, okay?

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Escritura schreef:
    Okay guys, love you all, but seriously. On-topic now. ^^ A chat-topic will be opened soon, okay?

Okay :)
    So, who's going to make a warlock? I can't take all the hunters. Scarletta will go mad!

It finally happened - I'm slightly mad! ~ Queen

http://www.quizlet.nl/forum/topic.php?tid=150106

Chat topic!

And I would if I could, but it's two char's per person, and I already have two. D:

[ bericht aangepast op 26 april 2013 - 18:40 ]

Shinibubbles schreef:
    http://www.quizlet.nl/forum/topic.php?tid=150106

Chat topic!

And I would if I could, but it's two char's per person, and I already have two. D:

If I take two characters, I'm afraid I can't handle it. I've never been someone who can handle two characters, because my character Always acts like me

[ bericht aangepast op 26 april 2013 - 18:58 ]

Deceiver schreef:
    (...)

If I take two characters, I'm afraid I can't handle it. I've never been someone who can handle two characters, because my character Always acts like me

Same.. So, we need to drag someone in off the street and tell them to be a Warlock. 4 Hunters is too much for any one Warlock.

Shinibubbles schreef:
    (...)

Same.. So, we need to drag someone in off the street and tell them to be a Warlock. 4 Hunters is too much for any one Warlock.

I can ask a friend of me?

Deceiver schreef:
    (...)

I can ask a friend of me?

If you wouldn't mind honey. :')

Shinibubbles schreef:
    (...)

If you wouldn't mind honey. :')

Asked but she said Ik haak snel af bij RPG's op Q
    So, she stops very soon with the RPGs on Quizlet

Deceiver schreef:
    (...)

Asked but she said Ik haak snel af bij RPG's op Q
    So, she stops very soon with the RPGs on Quizlet

Oh :/ uhm.. I'm not sure what to do, I could ask Elise to take a second?

Shinibubbles schreef:
    (...)

Oh :/ uhm.. I'm not sure what to do, I could ask Elise to take a second?

Please?

Okay I'll ask someone too :Y)

No growth of the heart is ever a waste

Hashirama schreef:
    Okay I'll ask someone too :Y)

Thank you! ^^

Full name: Aerilyn Suraya Guangco
    Nickname: Sunshine
    Place of birth: Salinas, California
    Date of birth: 1st of September, 1989
    Sex: Female
    Sexuality: homosexual
    Ethnicity: asian-native american-caucasian
    Race: Human
    Blood type: A
    Height: 5'5 (165 cm)
    Weight: 52 kg
    Hair colour: black
    Eye colour: hazelbrown
    Clothing style: tight clothing, so that she can't be grabbed. Mostly leather, otherwise cotton or other natural fabrics. When at home she wears baggy clothing, because she likes to be comfortable when she doesn't wear her hunter clothing. Her casual style is slightly burlesque and she likes to don herself with fashionable gloves.
    Extra details: prefers knives to kill people, but usually dons a .22 Smith & Wesson revolver. Rides a motorbike
    Likes: cocktails, vodka, jazz, Italian food, midnight snacks and drinks, dancing (on the bar/table), cake and pie, raspberries, eggplant, gingers
    Dislikes: most men, dogs, liquorice, snobs, inequality, domestic violence, prostitution,killing people, coffee, sm, handcuffs/any restraints
    Characteristics: the personality of Aerilyn has changed over the years and she’s gone from a very easy-going, naive, open and loving person, to a closed, introvert woman who is always on the run, mostly from herself. At an age of 15 she was forced into illegal prostitution by a lover boy and in the next few years she was forced to become a completely different person if she wanted to survive in that world. Taking on the name 'Sunshine,' she became a very submissive and obedient girl, pretending to enjoy everything she was submitted to, playing happy-go-lucky. Inside however, she was crying and felt nothing but disgust for the men that abused her, becoming bitter and numb. During the years she spent in the brothel, she lived in constant fear, because the pimp was a nasty man, who wasn't afraid of killing anyone who disobeyed, even demonstrating this in front of the girls that worked for him. Since she escaped, she lived a life on the run and was nervous almost all of the time, because she was afraid that she could be brought back at any time. Nowadays, she has her nerves under control, but she still checks out the neighbourhood and the doors and windows of the places where she stays. Also, Aerilyn never stays in the same place for more than two days, afraid she'll be found out. She is very lonely, because she is never going to be able to contact her family ever again and she can't afford to trust anyone. Every now and then she takes a girl for the night to sleep and sometimes she'll even feel slight comfort. Sunshine isn't a cold person and when she kills one of the gem children she cries and apologizes. If she had a choice, she'd stop doing it, but her will to live is too strong and if she stops working as a hunter, she'll most definitely die. She is selfish in doing so, because she is willing to undo the lives of children in order to maintain her own. The worst trait in her personality is that she is a backstabber; she will turn anyone in if it can save her ass and even though she'll feel guilty, she'll turn her back on a person coldly if she has to.
    Family History+History: Her family was actually very ordinary; her father was a kind man who worked as the director of an elementary school and her mother had her own little flower shop. Aerilyn had a little sister named Suzannah and a big brother called Thymian, who she got along with really well. Thymian always tried his best to protect his baby sisters and often got in fights when other kids picked on either one of them. Aerilyn often helped her mother out in the flower shop and knows a lot about flowers, trees and plants in general. Her dream was to take over the shop of her mother so that she could brighten people's lives with the flowers, knowing that they'd often be a gift for special occasions, such as a birthday or a marriage. In high school, Aerilyn had a small group of really good friends, but she was kind to everyone. Then, when she was 14, she met a boy, Carl, who tricked her into being her friend and eventually had her captured by the man he was working for. Aerilyn was 15 when she was kidnapped and has been listed as missing ever since. Her parents and siblings have been searching for her and did all they could to find her back, but nothing helped. They still perk up when they see a girl that looks like her, but have actually already lost all hope. Her brother didn't take it well, because he thought that it was his fault for not being able to protect her and eventually tried to commit suicide by jumping off his house. His attempt failed, but he's been paralyzed from the waist down ever since.
    Aerilyn's virginity was auctioned to the highest bidder and luckily it was a relatively young man who treated her quite gently, but ever since she has been through most of the fetishes and kinks that exist with the customers that chose her as their bed partner. At some point, she fell in love with one of the other girls that worked there, Marilyn, and they secretly had an affair, but when their pimp found out both were called to him and he gave them a choice: either both of them would die on the spot, or one had to kill the other. Marilyn refused to kill someone and was willing to die with Aerilyn, but Aerilyn took the gun from the desk and shot the other girl, crying so much that she couldn't even see where she was aiming. The bullet hit the abdomen and the men left her to slowly bleed to her death, making Aerilyn stay with her until the very last breath. Aerilyn apologized over and over again to Marilyn for betraying her; she was 18 at that time. At an age of 19, she had made name as Sunshine in the circuit of illegal brothels and one of her clients had fallen for her so much that she could talk him into helping her escape, telling him that they could live together for the rest of their lives. One morning she managed to get out, but she never showed up at the meeting place with her client and made her way into the next state. The day of her escape had been the day of her twentieth birthday and she had wanted to make it a completely fresh start and she'd been doing fine until one day the warlock showed up.
    What did the Warlock use to blackmail him/her into being a Hunter? She was a prostitute for an influential, criminal pimp who wants her dead ever since she's been on the run. If she wouldn't work as a Hunter then she'd be turned in to him.
    Photo:

[ bericht aangepast op 5 mei 2013 - 21:01 ]

there is an ocean in my heart, hidden behind eyes of celadon.

Good so far PlagueRat ^^

thanks ^^ I'll try to keep that up

there is an ocean in my heart, hidden behind eyes of celadon.