• Ik zag dit op Reddit en dacht dat het wel op een site vol schrijvers als Q zou passen.

This sentence has five words. Here are five more words. Five-word sentences are fine. But several together become monotonous. Listen to what is happening. The writing is getting boring. The sound of it drones. It’s like a stuck record. The ear demands some variety. Now listen. I vary the sentence length, and I create music. Music. The writing sings. It has a pleasant rhythm, a lilt, a harmony. I use short sentences. And I use sentences of medium length. And sometimes, when I am certain the reader is rested, I will engage him with a sentence of considerable length, a sentence that burns with energy and builds with all the impetus of a crescendo, the roll of the drums, the crash of the cymbals–sounds that say listen to this, it is important.

Van Gary Provost, een les met het variëren van lengte en ritme van zinnen in een verhaal. Ik vond 'm best mooi.

Zeker een goede tip :Y)

I hope you drown in all the cum you fucking swallow, to get yourself to the top.

Oh wauw, dat klinkt echt awesome!

Die ga ik even opslaan. c:

Searching heavens for another earth

Wauw!! Hij heeft wel gelijk xp

-

Oh, hier is er nog een die ik wel leuk vond. Iets directer. :Y)

Kurt Vonnegut's no-bullshit tips are great:
    1) Use the time of a total stranger in such a way that he or she will not feel the time was wasted.
    2) Give the reader at least one character he or she can root for.
    3) Every character should want something, even if it is only a glass of water.
    4) Every sentence must do one of two things — reveal character or advance the action.
    5) Start as close to the end as possible.
    6) Be a Sadist. No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them-in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
    7) Write to please just one person. If you open a window and make love to the world, so to speak, your story will get pneumonia.
    8) Give your readers as much information as possible as soon as possible. To hell with suspense. Readers should have such complete understanding of what is going on, where and why, that they could finish the story themselves, should cockroaches eat the last few pages.

[ bericht aangepast op 3 aug 2013 - 18:19 ]

Awesome! Ik ben het bijna overal mee eens, alleen niet met nummertje acht hierboven.

"No one is born in this world to be alone."~ (Saul, One Piece.)

Father schreef:
    Zeker een goede tip :Y)

16 - 09 - '17

Oh, I love it. ^^

Jaeger schreef:
    Oh, hier is er nog een die ik wel leuk vond. Iets directer. :Y)

Kurt Vonnegut's no-bullshit tips are great:
    1) Use the time of a total stranger in such a way that he or she will not feel the time was wasted.
    2) Give the reader at least one character he or she can root for.
    3) Every character should want something, even if it is only a glass of water.
    4) Every sentence must do one of two things — reveal character or advance the action.
    5) Start as close to the end as possible.
    6) Be a Sadist. No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them-in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
    7) Write to please just one person. If you open a window and make love to the world, so to speak, your story will get pneumonia.
    8) Give your readers as much information as possible as soon as possible. To hell with suspense. Readers should have such complete understanding of what is going on, where and why, that they could finish the story themselves, should cockroaches eat the last few pages.

And I love this too.

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Parachutes schreef:
    Awesome! Ik ben het bijna overal mee eens, alleen niet met nummertje acht hierboven.

Ja, ik de hele thread zijn zeker een hoop tegenhangers. De één zegt dat je met zoveel mogelijk detail moet werken (klik) en de ander zegt juist: "cut the bullcrap" (klik)

Hier is de hele thread, voor mensen die geïnteresseerd zijn.

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.

iemand zo lief om het te gaan vertalen voor me. Mijn engels is nogal bagger en ik ben lui

Change is for weirdos ~ Niall Horan

IrishNialler schreef:
    iemand zo lief om het te gaan vertalen voor me. Mijn engels is nogal bagger en ik ben lui

Ben bezig, het heeft misschien iets minder effect in het Nederlands, maar ik ga het proberen. :Y)

IrishNialler schreef:

Baby, when I know you're only sorry when you got caught,

Jaeger schreef:
    (...)
    Ben bezig, het heeft misschien iets minder effect in het Nederlands, maar ik ga het proberen. :Y)
    jeeeeeej dankje

Change is for weirdos ~ Niall Horan

Goede Tip.
    Nu alleen nog inspiratie vinden. Ik weet al welke richting ik op wil, maar geen verhaallijn D:

“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” ~The Doctor