• Sword Art Online - EU Server
    On November 6th 2022, 10.000 gamers were trapped in the VRMMORPG Sword Art Online.
    Despite the warning, over 2.000 players have already died in this game, yet it still hasn’t been cleared. They aren’t even halfway through and some are losing hope.
    Some still fight to clear the game and go back to their lives in the real world, but as time passes, more and more people are starting to accept this world as their new reality and start to settle for a life in Aincrad.
    Among some players, there is even a concern if they will ever clear the game in this rate…

All information can be found in THIS STORY.
    When you make a profile, it is essential that you read it.
    If you have any questions, please ask me and I will explain things for you.

Alle info is in het Engels, maar je kan prima in het Nederlands spelen als je dat wilt.
    Je hebt de keuze tussen beide talen eenmaal de RPG start.

Characters
    STOP ON SOLO-FRONTLINE (for now) (Guild-Frontline & Solo-Midlevel is still allowed)
    TIJDELIJKE STOP OP VROUWEN
    (Players can be more than one of these at the same time. More can be added if needed)
    ex-Beta Tester • MAX 5 (5/5)
    Frontline Players • MAX 10 (9/10)
    Female • 7
    Male • 4
    Guilds • MAX 5 (2/5)
    Frontline Guilds • 2/2
    Merchants & Craftsman Guild • 0/1
    Criminal Guild • 0/1
    Mid-level • 0/1

Girls
    • Aquila • Freyja Sky McKenna • Beater, Frontline, Solo • US: Dual Blades • Aquilae [1.3]
    • [R] Sora • Nari Skarpsvard • ?, Blacksmithing Chef • Ilvermorny [1.4]
    • Ukiyo • Zelda Neumann • Ex-Beta, Frontline, Guild-leader • Daveed [1.2]
    • RESERVED • IRLname • Fronline, Guildmember • Gibigianna
    • RESERVED • IRLname • Ex-Beta, Frontline, Guildmember • Heathens
    • Athena • Nerina Karagounis • Frontliner, Guildmember • US: Darkness Blade • Nairn [1.4]
    • Kaida Sumiko • Alexis 'Kaida' Krause • Frontliner, Guildmember • US: Cat's Agility • LearnToPlay

Boys
    • Raziël • Michael Killian Sterling • Frontline, Guild-leader • Aquilae [1.5]
    • Aster • Riley Queen • Ex-Beta, Frontline, Solo • US: Shadow Sprint • Ilvermorny [1.2]
    • Larafin • Lars Anthony Finman • Ex-Beta, Frontline, Solo • US: Ultimate Defense • ItachiUchiha [1.2]
    • [R] • Blayne Lou Graham • Midlevel, Solo • Zevnik [1.3]

RULES
    • Quizlet's Houserules still apply
    • Switching languages is allowed, as long as a post is made in 1 language.
    • Max 2 roles, 1 male & 1 female, to keep the genders even in number.
    • Active players only. Roles are reserved for 72 hours (3 days). If not made in that time, reservation will be deleted.
    • No perfect characters, everybody has flaws. God-modding will not be allowed.
    • No controlling other players characters.
    • 16+ is allowed, but post a warning in the beginning of the post!!!
    • Is inactive for more than 3 days, you will get a warning. If not responded to, you will be deleted.
    • Post MUST be at least 250 words long (not including names, pic etc.)!!!!

Player List
    Avatar Name • The name they are known by in the game
    Real Name • Their name in Real Life. Is rarely known to other players.
    Age • 18 of older. (Due to the restrictions on sales)
    Personality • Some people are in game the same as in Real Life, but that doesn’t have to be the case.
    Real Life History • The story of your Real Life (doesn’t have to be 10 pages)
    Appearance • Note that when the game started, an item forced everybody to look like they do in Real Life, so you will have to enter how you really look. (No hiding behind fake avatars)
    Level • (in the anime, Kirito reached lvl 69 in just over a year. He was a beater. That doesn’t mean everybody got that high. Use it as a reference. Higher than 70 will NOT be allowed)
    Skills • See story for more information. NOTE: Only skills that are equiped can be used!!! You can have other skills besides the equiped ons, but you will not be able to use those!!!
    Residence • If you bought a house in game, please leave the floor and location of your house. If in hotels, inns, other… that’s also just fine to mention.
    Status • In guild? In Party? Solo? Married in game (is a possibility)?
    Game History • What have you done since SAO started?
    Relationships
    Extra

Guild List
    Players can make a guild, or join an existing one. When making a guild, fill out this form. I will add the information to the story and update member lists as well.
    Name • Guild name.
    Leader • Commander, mostly founder of the guild. Also often the strongest player of the guild.
    Second-in-Command • Most of the time the second strongest player. Can also be chosen or elected amongst the members. Right hand of the Leader.
    Other Officers • As in the military, the guild can be divided into smaller factions, like vanguard, scouting, recourses, back-up, etc. The can have their own leaders that take charge of the separate units.
    Status • Frontline/Backup/Criminal
    Code • Short version the guild name. Is displayed next to the name of each of the members. Mostly 3 or 4 letters.
    Headquarter location • Floor and town where the headquarter of the guild is located. Can be moved as higher floors are cleared.
    History • Short story of how the guild has come to be and what has happened among its ranks.

Topics
    Rollentopic
    Praattopic

The Information for this RPG is
    from Myself (Aquilae) and the SAO wiki page.
    Also thanks go to Ilvermorny for the use of
    her information and allowing me to make this
    double-languaged like her version.

[ bericht aangepast op 25 juli 2016 - 21:01 ]

"Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted"

RILEY QUEEN • ASTER

GREEN PLAYER
    SOLO

BEATER

Your heart will open bright and shut out all of this mad malice.

Pass me that lovely little gun
    My dear, my darling one
    The cleaners are coming, one by one
    You don't even want to let them start

The cleaners have done their job on you
    They're hip to it, man, they're in the groove
    They've hosed you down, you're good as new
    They're lining up to inspect you

Aster. There's one very important thing you need to know: Riley didn't start playing Sword Art Online for shits and giggles. He didn't just pick a username because it sounded cool. He chose the username Aster because of his sister, because he wanted to be reminded that he was taking part in an experiment to start up his life again, something she would never be able to do. In the current circumstances, it's become more important than ever to him.
          Riley's sister, Zara, died in the car crash only months before. Her favourite flowers were sea asters and Riley - though not always admitting so - loved the view of them everywhere in the house. Each table that was empty, held a bouquet of the vibrantly coloured flowers. It were also the flowers they said he'd gotten when he woke up from the coma. But, maybe, the most important reason is that he can no longer see them at all.

Age —
    Riley was born on 2 February, 2004, which means he's an Aquarius. He was eighteen when he started beta-testing the game and is now nineteen.

Real name —
    Riley Queen. He's grown to dislike his name, as it only makes him envision it on a hospital bracelet. He's reluctant to share his real name, because he just doesn't feel he'll have the need to stay in touch with any of the other players when all this is over. If he does give it to you, you probably did a great deal to earn his trust.

Personality —
    Stubborn, Selfish, Witty, Logical, Cynical, Honourable, Observant, Persistent, Awkward, Resourceful, Reliable (most of the time), Inconsistent, Insecure, Sarcastic, Cocky, Bossy, Temperamental, Impulsive, Rude, Alert, Quiet, Daring, Passionate, Unstable, Lethal, Aggressive, Abrasive, Complex, Anxious, Stoic, Angry, Calculating, Envious, Hateful, Hostile, Pessimistic, Tactical.

Riley used to be a determined boy with an immense need to not give up. At the start of the game, he found he was starting to deal with the drama that had overcome him: that he could turn his life around for the better. He was a kind person to hang around with, possessed enough humour to not be boring - but has always been sassy as hell. The aggression and stubbornness is something that has never ceased to exist within Riley, though. It's been there ever since he could walk and talk.
          However, the game has changed Riley. His stubborn determination became cynicism and hostility. He's still highly tactical, but he grew bitter and believes that his strategic plans are the only one that will get anyone somewhere. He grew quiet, not as talkative and funny as he used to be. To be honest, he's quiet in his best of days. Riley grew very unstable; which made his aggressive, temperamental and impulsive tendencies increase. When you see Riley fight, you'll see he fights with a wicked sort of passion. He's inconsistent in his movements: either he fights with all his soul, or he seems to fight an inner battle with himself to force himself that getting out of this game, getting back to the real world, is still something worth fighting for.
          Riley grew pessimistic. He's anxious, and he's angry all the time. He became envious towards the rest of the world, but when you earn his trust, you'll find that he's one of the most reliable allies you'll ever have. (Even though you'll probably have have some really heated arguments from time to time.) Riley's trust is hard to earn. You know you've got your back covered if he tries to solve an argument instead of walking out of it, trying not to punch anyone.
          At the end of the day, the problem is that Riley won't let anyone in. He feels lonely to the point he almost feels helpless.
          And yet he's still stubborn enough to be convinced he doesn't need any help. He's known for his pedantry. Riley has however always been himself during the game. The way he changed in-game is the same way he changed IRL.

Behind these iron bars that are so rusted I found myself being born into existence.

Real Life History —
    Riley was born in Paris to Christopher Queen and Gena Beaudelaire, six years after his sister Zara had been born. Shortly after, they moved to Australia, where Christopher's family lived and where he had met his wife. They had moved to France before to start up a company and though still being the most important shareholders, they were no longer CEO's. Riley lived a normal childhood, got into gaming at a young age and was completely obsessed with the Legend of Zelda; which his sister and he would often play together. It wasn't exactly rare for them to get into fights to claim their ancient Nintendo 64 to play Ocarina of Time. When Riley was about ten years old, the family decided to move back to Paris to focus completely on their company, which was starting to lose value. They didn't go bankrupt, luckily, and now the company is back in blooming business.
          However, almost two years ago, something awful happened. Something that would change Riley and his family's lives forever. They hadn't noticed the truck that was driving way too fast, that couldn't stop in time for the red traffic lights.
          Riley landed in a coma for about three weeks, his eyes were damaged, but they were all lucky enough to survive - except for his sister Zara. Her brain was damaged. She'd never wake up again.
          Riley still isn't sure how he learned to cope with it, but he did. He managed to live on his life in honours of his sister. Whatever happened, he'd keep on living because she didn't have that chance. However, a couple of months before the beta for SAO was released, Riley's eyesight went downhill fast. It started off with headaches and little dots dancing in front of him, but the dots eventually took over his whole life until everything went black. There was hope for him, though. Ever since the Akihiko Kayaba had started developing his NerveGear, doctors had shown interest. The Assistance Publique Hôpiteaux de Paris was the only hospital in Europe that was also involved in the use of the NerveGear for medical purposes. He didn't intentionally plan to start using the actual NerveGear as well, but a couple of months into the procedure, Riley started hating the endless procedures and test. He needed something to escape his own miserable life. He wanted to see things that were worth seeing.
          And one day, he found himself asking about it in the hospital. He got his very own NerveGear and copy of Sword Art Online. Riley was reluctant to join the beta. He hadn't even touched a game since his sister had passed away, but once he had set foot inside the magically beautiful world of Sword Art Online, he... gave up.
          Riley didn't start playing the game because it purely seemed interesting. He was losing hope: procedures weren't turning out the right way, he was so done being used as a test subject. He needed something to get his mind off it all. When it turned out they were trapped in the world, part of him was relieved; part of him thought "at least here I can see, at least here I can live", but when panic broke out, he was reminded of his own stubbornness to live on. He helped people. He formed a guild. He was full of willpower.
          And now, he's conflicted with himself. Does he really want to leave the game? Riley is fighting an inner battle and he has no clue which side of his own tormented mind he should stand by.

Appearance —
    Unimportant.

Level —
    He's just reached level seventy and doesn't bother keeping it a secret.

Skills —
    Ten slots.
    Slotted: One-handed: Sword and dagger (not at the same time, though), battle-healing, light metal equipment, parry, acrobatics, extended weight-limit, hiding, sprint, martial arts and familiar.

Others: Hearing, lock-picking, tracking, darts, meditation, searching, repairing.

Unique Skill: Shadow Sprint. Aster got this skill about a month ago, when he maxed out his Hiding and Sprint skill. He doesn't really advertise himself with it, but he doesn't hold back on using it either. It's useful, so why wouldn't he?

Residence —
    He used to own a flat on Floor 48, close to where the HOPE Headquarters were. When he left the guild, he sold the apartment because he thought he could use the money for things that were more useful; like food. He was on his own now. He didn't have a guild to look out of him when he forgot to sleep because he was so busy working out strategies and boss raids. Now, he usually finds inns to sleep in. It isn't exactly hard for him to travel somewhere that offers him a cheap, and above all safe place to stay the night.

I start to crack from this neurosis, knowing lovely people that I know have my sins.

Status —
    Riley became a Solo Player about two months ago. He's also still a Green Player. He hasn't even thought of killing another Player yet.

Game history —
    When word got out they were stuck in the game, Riley's plan was to find all the good stuff himself and live his merry little life on his own - which was initially what he did. People didn't really like him for it, and when he passed by an old acquaintance from his time during the beta, she dragged him along to actually help people. Ukiyo and Riley - known as Aster, however - along with a few other ex-beta testers, formed a party, which would later grow to be the Hunters of the Promised Guild. Riley, being good at strategic plans and ordering people around, became the Commander of the Vanguard. However, when Athena became Second in Command, his own command started going all kinds of wrong. He couldn't cope with the girl. He couldn't agree with the girl. He was immensely stubborn - and perhaps a little bit childish - about it. He'd approached Ukiyo multiple times about it, but she trusted her Second in Command and didn't exactly want to throw her out. Athena was a skilled fighter - which is something Riley would never ever acknowledge. Two months ago, their argument got out of hand. Riley threw himself out of the Guild in what seemed like a heat-of-the-moment kind of decision. He has no regrets, though. Or stubbornly forces himself not to have any, in each case.
          (He still wears their colours, though.)

Relationships —
    Ukiyo • Zelda Neumann
    Text

Athena • Nena Karagounis
    Text

Extra —
    Riley's attire conspicuously resembles Link's blue tunic from Breath of the Wild. Of course, this isn't a coincidence. He usually wears light armour over it, though, and the patterns aren't the same.
          About six months ago, he saved a peculiar creature from being eaten by another creature. She stuck with him ever since and Riley decided to train her, so now he has a Familiar named Hyda. She's just slightly smaller than the size of a labrador.

Hey little train! Wait for me!
    I once was blind but now I see
    Have you left a seat for me?
    Is that such a stretch of the imagination?

Hey little train! Wait for me!
    I was held in chains but now I'm free
    I'm hanging in there, don't you see
    In this process of elimination

[ bericht aangepast op 25 juli 2016 - 1:52 ]

help

Gibigianna schreef:
    (...)
    Hmm, aangezien ik haar ook een beetje tanky heb gemaakt, denk ik dat ik dus best inderdaad een hoger level dan 54 neem. Dus is het goed als ik bij 66 blijf dan? (:

Ja, is prima hoor (Ik had al gezien aan de skills dat je inderdaad de tanky toer op ging)
    Ik zet je er zometeen bij.

Aerate schreef:
    Ik wil meedoen maar ik snap de rollen niet, haha :x

OH WACHT, I GET IT!

Je mag altijd meedoen als je wilt en als er iets nog niet duidelijk zou zijn, vraag gerust

I have a question: why do players have to be over 18? (Kirito and Asuna certainly weren't)

kindness is never a burden.

I wanna join this!
    Maar ik begrijp 't RPG nog niet helemaal. x:

Life is not an mp3, where you can play what you want but life is a radio, where you have to enjoy whats' being played.

Daveed schreef:
    I have a question: why do players have to be over 18? (Kirito and Asuna certainly weren't)

Yes they do.
    I knwo Kirito and Asuna weren't, but due to restrictions on sales in Europe, players had to be 18 to buy the game + gear. So they will at least be 18 now (1 year after launch) (I will look away if you say 1! now (what would have been 17 during sales) but not younger than that)²&

Panix schreef:
    I wanna join this!
    Maar ik begrijp 't RPG nog niet helemaal. x:

Wat snap je niet? Als ik dat weet, dan kan ik je wel helpen om het te begrijpen

Aquilae schreef:
    (...)

And what if someone else bought it and they used it?

Daveed schreef:
    (...)

And what if someone else bought it and they used it?

Preferably not
    To explain how I see it: when logging in for the first time and created an account, you had to scan your ID-card (a lot of countries have already electronic ones) to your nerve-gear and it would only allow you to play the game if you were 18 or turned 18 withing one year of the release. So as of november 6th 2023, every player still alive in SAO is at least 18 years old

Aquilae schreef:
    (...)

Ik begrijp de verhaallijn niet helemaal, wat houden de rollen/levels/status in?

Life is not an mp3, where you can play what you want but life is a radio, where you have to enjoy whats' being played.

Panix schreef:
    (...)

Ik begrijp de verhaallijn niet helemaal, wat houden de rollen/levels/status in?

Verhaallijn:
    op 6 november 2022 is er een spel online gegaan, een eerste in zijn soort, die je als het ware een virtuele omgeving laat ervaren alsof het werkelijkheid is. Terwijl iedereen dacht dat het een onschuldig spel was, bleek na de lancering niets minder waar en zitten 10.000 mensen gevangen in een spel op leven en dood. Als in een gewoon spel je HP 0 bereikt, dan wordt je gewoonlijk op een veilige plek terug tot leven gewekt, maar in SAO betekend het letterlijk je dood, zowel in het spel, als in de echte wereld.
    Om terug te kunnen naar de echte wereld, moet het spel uitgespeeld worden. De wereld waarin je gevangen zit, telt 100 niveaus en enkel door op het laatste niveau (nr 100) de baas te verslaan, win je het spel en kan je terugkeren naar de echte wereld. Echter, om daar te raken moet je eerst alle voorgaande niveaus doorspelen en dat kost tijd.
    Ondertussen is het spel een goed jaar aan de gang, maar zitten zelf de beste spelers nog niet halfweg, wat betekend dat het nog wel even kan duren voor het allemaal over is. Sommige spelers zijn nog steeds op zoek om het spel uit te spelen, terwijl andere de virtuele wereld min of meer hebben aanvaard als hun nieuwe leven en werkelijkheid

De rol die je speelt is dus eigenlijk van iemand die opgesloten zit in het spel. Wat je daar doet kun je zelf kiezen. Op zich is de virtuele wereld gelijkaardig aan de onze. Je kan kiezen om te helpen met het spel uit te spelen, maar je kan net zo goed ervoor kiezen om een winkeltje te openen en spullen te verkopen die andere spelers nodig kunnen hebben. Of als je gewoon de hele dag op je kont wil genieten van de zon gaat niemand je tegen houden.
    Je level is eigenlijk de aanduiding van hoe sterk je bent. Hoe hoger je level, hoe sterker je bent. Daarnaast zijn er ook nog de levels of Floors van het spel. Dat zijn de verschillende niveaus van de wereld.
    Status is de aanduiding van wat je doet of waar je speelt. Frontliners zijn de sterkste spelers, die alles op alles zetten om het spel uit te spelen zodat iedereen terug kan naar de echte wereld. Een ex-beta speler of beater is iemand die tijdens de beta-test reeds kennis gemaakt heeft met het spel. Ze zijn niet altijd even populair, omdat sommige spelers vinden dat ze een oneerlijk voordeel hebben. Daarnaast heb je ook nog de guilds en parties, waar je als speler deel van uit kan maken. Ze geven je een voordeel op het alleen spelen. Solo players zitten niet in een guild en ze gaan ook niet snel bij een party. Ze spelen liever alleen.

Hmmm, mag ik een mannelijke frontline speler die in een guild zit?

Heaven is a place that we all have

Mag ik een mannelijke speler?

Panix schreef:
    Mag ik een mannelijke speler?

Ik zet je er straks bij, zodra ik trug achter mnlaptop zit

Aerata, jij staan er al bij

Real Name • Lars Anthony Finman
    Age • 22
    Personality • Lars heeft een koppige, maar vriendelijke persoonlijkheid. Hij staat open voor iedereen die aardig tegen hem doet. Maar zodra je iets doet wat slecht is bij hem of bij zijn vrienden, barst hij los. Hij is altijd wel in voor een grap en is ook vaak de lolbroek in een groep. Daarbij heeft Lars ook een sterke eigen wil en komt daardoor vaak in een discussie met iemand anders, hierdoor heeft hij voor zichzelf besloten geen guild te joinen of aan te maken, omdat hij gewoon doet wat hij zelf wilt.

Real Life History • Lars is altijd al een gamer geweest, van kleins af aan speelde hij al met een Gamecube en Computer. Na de dood van zijn moeder op zijn 13de verloor hij zich echter in het gamen, hij raakte verslaafd en moest hiervoor ook afkicken. Op zijn 19de was hij succesvol genezen en sindsdien ging hij studeren voor journalist om zo games te reviewen, tijdens zijn studie ontmoette hij ook zijn vriend Alexander die net als hem reviewer wilde worden, hun paden kruiste uiteindelijk met de game Sword Art Online en zij mochten als reviewers de Bèta testen. Bij het spelen van de 1.0 versie raakten zij echter vast.
    Appearance • Lars heeft middellang bruin haar en licht groene ogen. Hij is vrij lang, 1.93 meter, en breed gebouwd waardoor hij vaak gekleed gaat als tank gekleed gaat in zijn armor.

Level • 68
    Skills • 9 Slots
    - Weapon Skill: Two-Handed (Straight Sword)
    - Combat Skill: Heavy Metal Equipment
    - Combat Skill: Parry
    - Support Skill: Extended Weight Limit
    - Support Skill: Hearing
    - Suppert Skill: Cooking
    - Support Skill: Fishing
    - Extra Skill: Martial Arts
    - Unique Skill: Ultimate Defence

Residence • Lars kocht een tent en verblijft overal en nergens.
    Status • Solo
    Game History • In het begin ging hij samen met zijn vriend op pad, echter ging die al snel vermoord door Laughing Coffin en heeft hij sindsdien een hekel aan de guild gekregen, hij heeft daarbij ook aan zichzelf gezworen elke Laughing Coffin member die hij tegenkomt te vermoorden en zo de guild uit te roeien. Verder voltooide hij ook de quest om de skill Martial Arts te krijgen en heeft hij de hoogste Heavy Armor en Two-Handed Weapon skill en is hij hierbij in het bezit van de Ultimate Defence skill.
    Relationships • [Sta ervoor open]
    Extra • Lars heeft het zwaard Hellfear, een two-handed weapon, deze gebruikt hij zo goed als altijd omdat het naar zijn gevoel perfect bij hem past.

[ bericht aangepast op 20 juli 2016 - 14:11 ]

Hi, I'm glad you're reading this....but this is worthless. :)

Of nee, ik denk niet dat ik hier zan ga meedoen. Wel superleuk uitgewerkt.

Heaven is a place that we all have

UKIYO
    Frontline | Ex-beta | Guild-leader

A v a t a r....n a m e —
          Ukiyo. It is a Japanese word and literally means "the floating world". It describes the urban lifestyle of Edo-period Japan, when the economy was blooming, population was growing and people loved their lives. It means living in the moment, detached from the bothers of life. Not only does she think this period of time sounded amazing, but she also thinks that it's kind of ironic her avatar name means "floating world" as Aincrad is literally a floating world. Ukiyo is also her favorite word.

R e a l....n a m e —
          Zelda Neumann. Her name doesn't have mean that much to her, certainly not now she's stuck in the game. She doesn't answer when someone asks her real name, because they hold no value in Sword Art Online, so why bother?

Zelda | gray fighting maid — German
          Neumann | new man — German

A g e —
    Eighteen. Her birthday's on the 6th of May, though no one knows this.

P e r s o n a l i t y —
          Proud, strong-willed, open-minded, brave, little bit of a bitch, doesn't take shit from anybody, a born leader, tactical, strategic, intelligent, argumentative, stubborn, decisive, bossy, dependable, loyal, anxiety-ridden, easily irritated, mature, independent, not the most charming or fun person to hang out with, clearing the game is her top-priority.

Before her parents separated, Zelda was known as an overall charming and joyful child. She laughed a lot and was liked by almost everyone she met. After, though, she started to rebel and her attitude changed drastically. She became more independent, which isn't a bad thing of course, and just tougher. She realized she didn't necessarily need anyone. Not her now divorced parents or their money, her stuck-up rich friends whom she didn't like that much anyway or the boyfriend that had forced her to have sex with him. She decided to decide.
          Now she's stuck in the game, she's changed even more. Where she first was more rebellious, she now takes responsibility for her actions and she knows what she needs to do and what needs to be done. Even more, she now sometimes feels like she's responsible for all the lives in Sword Art Online, like it's up to her to save them all, as fast as possible by clearing the game. Because of this, she sometimes feels like the weight of the world is on her shoulders and she can and will crash down because of anxiety as a result. She tries to keep this information from other players and Guildmembers of course, because for them she has to look strong. Her nights are often filled with intrusive thoughts, crying and uncertainty.
          It speaks for itself that clearing the game is her main priority and she doesn't let anything or anyone keep her from that path by falling in love or making friendships or God knows what. That would be a big inconvenience.

A p p e a r a n c e —
          Your first impression of Zelda — or Ukiyo — is probably how small and fragile, though full of anger she looks. It's true that she's tiny — some would and have even called her a pipsqueak or a midget — with a height of only 1 meter and 59 centimeters. Don't ever call her fragile or angry-looking, though, because she will murder you — though not literally, because that's illegal and wrong. Don't make the mistake of underestimating her small body, for it holds a lot of strength. Through ballet she's gained a lot of muscles, most of them in her lower legs, but also a good amount in her arms. Since physical appearance transfers in the game, this was an important asset in why she was able to level up quickly.
          Her skin is light and a little bit peachy, which fits really good with her purple hair. It's obviously dyed. She's a natural brunette, though she started to bleach and dye her hair at the age of sixteen. She's also dyed it black, blue and silver before but realized she liked the pinkish purple the best. (Third picture)
          In game her hair is loose. It's this way because that's how it was when she logged in. She wishes she'd done something more with it now, because it can get in the way during fights.
          Her eyes are icy blue and lined with a tine line of winged-out eyeliner. She hadn't thought make-up with transfer with the NerveGear into the game, but apparently it did. She often jokes that if she'd known that before, she would've put more on.
          In real life, she loves to wear black clothing: mostly jeans with rips at the knees and combat boots. In game, her armor is very light and easy to move in. She wears a white shirt, a white undercoat and a blue overcoat — as those are the colors of the Guild and thus on every uniform. Her breastplate, thigh armor, and shoulder- and arm plates are a beige color with a golden lining — also part of the HOPE uniform — and so are her knee high boots. Her over-the-knee socks are a darker, more purple than blue color and protect her knees at all time. They also make sure her steel boots don't hurts her knees whilst running or fighting. She thinks the armor is very practical and isn't planning on changing the style she has now, but she definitely wants to upgrade the breastplate.

R e a l....l i f e....h i s t o r y —
          Zelda was born in Munich, Germany to Egmont Neumann and Leoda Müller on May 6th, 2005. She's an only child and has always been spoiled by her rich and successful parents. Her mother owns half of Germany through her late father's finance company and her father's an acclaimed lawyer. Even though neither of them were home a lot for her and it was mostly the housemaids and the nannies who raised Zelda, she's always felt like her parents did love her.
          At the age of five, she started ballet classes and they came to see every single one of her performances. When she tried out for a pre-professional ballet school at 15 her father drove her to her audition, stayed the entire time and they went for pancakes afterwards, cancelling several meetings with his clients for her.
          It was after they split up when she was 16, she started to rebel. She quit pre-professional and ballet in general as it didn't make her happy anymore and quitting made her parents very frustrated. The next year a lot of other rebellious acts followed, like dyeing her hair in a purple color, starting to smoke cigarettes with her new friends and her newfound love of black clothing and dark make-up.
          The NerveGear and Sword Art Online she purchased after its first release was such an act as well. She managed to get chosen for the beta and even though at first she'd done it to annoy the fuck out of her parents by staying in all day whilst playing the game, she found herself liking it a lot after a while, happy she could escape to this other world where people didn't judge her and parents didn't exist.

G a m e....h i s t o r y —
          After the announcement, she didn't wait around to see if it was a joke or not, because for some reason, she'd known and understood it wasn't. Almost immediately after, she left the Town of Beginnings far behind and started training, doing missions, looking for the good stuff she'd remembered from the beta and leveling up as fast as she could, for she knew that would be the best thing to do if she wanted to clear the game.
          After a few days of being on her own, helping others by sharing the information she remembered from the beta, she realized that the game wouldn't be cleared if there weren't any good Guilds. During the beta she'd been in a Guild, so she knew what it was like and what was necessarily to keep it going. There were only a few good Guilds in Sword Art Online by then, most of them battling bosses on what would later become the actual Frontlines. She decided that what they actually needed to clear the game was a Guild of high leveled ex-betas. She thought that would be the quickest way to do it.
          When she found Aster — or rather refound him, because she remembered him from the beta — she practically forced him to join her new Guild, not that he seemed to mind that much. They started by meeting a few others ex-betas in a tavern. Some of them liked her idea and agreed with her, others stormed out of the tavern, confused, angry or afraid. Soon it became clear that this party, this team of ex-betas could go clear bosses faster than any other frontline Guild, so they formed the Hunters of the Promised, with Ukiyo as their leader and Aster as Commander of the Vanguard. She chose a second-in-command and they cleared bosses and floors together with the other big frontline Guilds.
          Leading her Guild became harder for Zelda after she lost a lot of members, as they'd died during boss-raids or had left the Guild out of fear for their own lives. It was at this time other players began asking why they couldn't join and Zelda realized that 'because you're not a beta' wasn't an acceptable answer anymore, as the Guild starting to shrink noticeably and there weren't enough ex-betas anymore still willing to join. Ultimately, she came to the conclusion that she had to allow other players to enter as well. Not wanting to have a Guild that everyone could just join, she set a minimum combat level they had to have reached if they wanted to join. Figuring out how to do that wasn't easy at first, since the levels of the current Guildmembers kept changing and so were the levels of the bosses they had to fight. She then decided to follow the level of the highest player in her Guild. At that moment, she and Aster were both at about the same level, so she placed the minimum first eight levels under theirs and then five.
          She only wants to clear the game now, as fast as possible. Being stuck in this other world, being aware of her own mortality, made her realize how good she had it in the real world and that she really wants to go back to her parents and tell them not how sorry she is, but how thankful she is to have them.

She was too quiet, or she was too loud.

She took things too seriously, or not seriously at all.

She was too sensitive, or too cold-hearted.

She hated with every fiber of her being, or loved with all her heart.

There was no in-between for her. It was either all or nothing.

She wanted everything, but in the end, she settled for nothing.

L e v e l —
          69. She's very close to reaching level 70.

S k i l l s —
    Nine slots
          Light metal equipment
          Lightweight shield equipment
          Battle healing
          Acrobatics
          Martial Arts
          Sprint
          One-Handed Sword
          Two-Handed Sword
          Rapier
    R e s i d e n c e —
          Floria, Floor 47. It's the first house she's bought since logging in. Before this she stayed in hotels and inns. She bought the fairly large apartment almost immediately after the floor was cleared.

S t a t u s —
    Leader of the Hunters of the Promised guild, green and frontline player, ex-beta. Unmarried and not planning on marrying either. She thinks marrying in-game is pretty weird.
    R e l a t i o n s h i p s —
    E x t r a —
    Player-made food, holding new weapons, the smell of trees in a big forest, Sword Art Online, thinking, her apartment (especially the soft bed in it), going shopping for new weapons and armor and food, watching people perform non-combat skills (like cooking, fishing, smiting/forging etc...)

Dislikes
    Bossrooms, bosses, PK'ers, Sword Art Online, people (especially men) who think they're better than her when they clearly aren't, people who can't acknowledge she's right

* She's bisexual. She kinda has a girlfriend in real life, though she's pretty sure that girlfriend has moved on by now. They weren't very serious anyway, since they'd only been together for about two weeks before Zelda got stuck in Sword Art Online.
    * When she fights it's very graceful, full of little hints to her past life as a ballerina. She places strength above speed and defense during combat, because for her strength has always been the most important one.
    * Her weapons include a one-handed sword (one the left in the picture, but slightly smaller), a two-handed sword (in the middle of the picture) and a rapier. She mostly uses the two-handed sword and the one-handed sword.

[ bericht aangepast op 27 juli 2016 - 21:27 ]