• It was the year 2156 when scientists finally discovered a new way of creating life. By manipulating artificial genes and growing the fetus in a tube, they were able to created 'the perfect Human being'. They were rumoured to have no flaws and to look as beautiful as any child celebrity. Their hair- and eye-colour could, according to the advertisement, range from red to blue and everything in between. Naturally, rich people all around the world put in an order for one of these 'perfect children'. Eventually, 23 orders were accepted. And in May 2157, the first batch of these 'Beauties' was born. The first one on the 2nd of May, the second on the 3rd, etc. And for a while, everything was great. They had loving parents. A home. They were loved. They were happy.
    And then everything took a dark turn.

On the 25th of May, in the year 2162, one little Beauty developed a 'Gift'. This boy, the first successfully born prototype, is publicly known as Zero. It was his sixth birthday party when the tragedy happened. The other 23 Beauties had been invited for this celebration, because it was not only Zero's birthday, but also the anniversary of the scientific break-through that made the Beauties possible. It was a very nice and relaxed meeting. The parents chatted, the children played... Until Little Zero passed out.
    When he awoke, Zero was not the same. His voice was ancient and loud. He spoke his first prophecy.
    “These Gifts of Beauty,
    They are the work of an empty man.
    To retrieve your soul,
    Follow my words as close as you can.”
    When the little boy made eye contact with one of the other Beauties, he would loose control of his own body and speak a prophecy. Each prophecy leads, according to Little Zero, to their 'soul'. Back then, nobody understood what the little boy meant. They didn't understand why Little Adam, Beauty #21, needed to find "A dame with hair as white as frost, to whom beauty is never lost. Her head is always full of dreams, yet frozen in time is how she seems."
    Then the Beauties grew up. And as each of them hit the age of six, they all developed a Gift. Several kids were suddenly making fire dance on their fingertips, while others could bend the will of their parents or heal small wounds and injuries. The world panicked. The Gifts were strange, weird, and sometimes even dangerous.
    It wasn't until the end of June, one month after the last Beauty had received their gift, that things escalated. Beauty #18 had been brutally attacked on the street by a frightened woman. The six year old boy had been strangled to death, despite his efforts to fight her off.
    People everywhere were demanding the death of these children. It was obvious that they were getting too powerful. Apart from their Gifts, they were also stronger and faster than the average Human. They really did seem perfect.
    Until exactly five months after their birthdays. Because on that day, they became colour blind and they stopped being able to taste and smell things completely. The children had lost a part of themselves. The only explanation the parents had, was Zero's line. “They need to find their soul,” he'd said seriously on his birthday. The scientists said it was complete fantasy and just said it was a fault in their genes. Yet, the world was convinced that, without finding this one 'person' the Gifted would be unable to reach their 'soul' and their full power. And they were happy with that.

Eventually, it was decided that the children would be imprisoned, away from humanity. A small island in the Indian Ocean was used to build two prison camps. Each camp would hold twelve of the 'Gifted' as they were now labeled. Light-weight metal gauntlets were made for their hands. This special type of metal would prevent the children from using their Gifts.
    Ever since these 24 Gifted children were seven years old, they've been locked up in the prison camps. It is now the year 2175. Most Gifted are now 18 years old. This roleplay follows their story and their struggle.

This roleplay follows: the twelve oldest Gifted, their four guards and two scientists. The Gifted each have their own cell. The guards and scientists all have their own flat on the premises. The staff is concluded by two ladies who clean and cook the meals.
    Before you do anything, please carefully read the summary in the spoiler above.

Roles:
    Er zijn nog rollen vrij!

Gifted:
    *Zero ¦ (Escritura) Finished
    * ¦ Free
    * ¦ [Free]
    * ¦ Free
    *Laron Caldre Barrineau ¦ (Yoda) Finished
    * ¦ [Free]
    *Ophelia Wynter Sfinkx ¦ (Rumtumtugger) Finished
    *Erebus Kratos Hyperion Maverick ¦ Valdez Finished
    *Danielle Skye Fairholm ¦ [(/Ubiquitous) Finished
    * ¦ Free
    *Lenore Elín Sappheire Callas ¦ (Sydrian) Finished
    *Mischa Remy Aznabaev ¦ (Finley) Finished

Guards:
    *Kevin Dain ¦ (Escritura) Finished
    *Vanellope Westerfeld ¦ (Finley) Finished
    *Eduard Novak ¦ (TicTac) Finished
    *Joel Ezra Knight ¦ (Newton) Finished

Scientists:
    *Sakura Kaida Miyamoto ¦ (DarkAng3l) Finished
    *Stormcloud Dancer Quebodeaux ¦ Assistant (Rumtumtugger) Finished

- English only
    - 10 line minimum per post;
    (20 minimum if you have two characters in the post)
    - 2 characters maximum;
    - Anything unrelated to the RPG in the chat topic;
    - No killing a character without permission of the owner;
    - No 'perfect characters'. Each character must have a few flaws;
    - Wait 2-3 posts before replying again;
    - You do not have to fall in love with the person the prophecy leads you to!
    - Please read the story carefully before making your character!
    - We start the RPG on Monday, the 5th of September, around eight p.m. If this is a problem, please contact me.
    - This roleplay is not meant to fill it's topics in a day. Take your time with your posts. We can be patient. Quality over speed, please.

Chat Topic[/center]

The prophecies will be send out on tuesday the 9th.

I would like to thank each and every one of you for your interest in this roleplay. The idea means a lot to me, and to see it's popularity has really given me great joy. You are all amazing people and I'm sure you will all do your best.
    Thank you for your patience, your praise and interest in Soul Shackles.

[ bericht aangepast op 13 sep 2013 - 17:39 ]

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Our story starts early in the morning. It’s a Friday in May. The weather on the island around this time changes very quickly. Sometimes it’ll be sunny and hot, then the rainstorms will set in and the next day snow will line the prison yard. This morning, however, starts with a pink, cloudless sky. The guards are getting ready for a long day of work, while the scientist and her assistant wake up for their first day of studying the Gifted.

Kevin Dain
    The sun has just started to rise, it’s 6am. This means that my day started only an hour ago. In that short span of time, I have showered, eaten a breakfast of honey and strawberry oatmeal and am now on my way to the first floor of the prison. This is where Zero, Guinevere, Laron, Ophelia and Lenore sleep. There are no windows, leaving it completely dark. That is, until I flip the light switch. The lights slowly flicker on. One. I flick them off. Two. Flick them on again – Three. Off again, four. And at least, I flick the switch for the fifth time. The lights stay on this time. I repeat this ritual on the second floor. This is where Elanori, Erebus, Danielle, Lily and Mischa sleep.
    “Time to wake up,” I say, my quiet voice echoing through the hallways. I’m not one to yell. Even when I am at my angriest, my voice stays quiet, My heavy footsteps echo through the still silent hallways. They had half an hour to wake up, before they would be retrieved for breakfast. The smell of cooking drifted through the air, scrambled eggs and toast as always. I know that today is the day this ‘scientist’ will be joining us. She and her assistant want to ‘study’ these creatures. I do not understand why, for they are safe here. They can’t hurt anyone.
    I make my way downstairs. Another day is starting. The other guards will soon join me and help me get the prisoners to breakfast. I look at my watch. 06:05. I tap five times on my watch and open the heavy curtains in the cafeteria. It’s a beautiful morning. The sun shines down on this awful place, making it look a little bit better. I smile bitterly to myself and help Marian, the cleaning and cooking lady, set plates of cold scrambled eggs and toast on the table.

Zero
    I open my eyes slowly as the lights start to flicker. Every day since I was seven, it was the same ritual. On. Off. On. Off. On. Time to wake up, eat a tasteless breakfast. I turn around on the lumpy mattress. It’s very uncomfortable, yet I always feel perfectly rested. The blanket that rests over me is thin and has a hole in it, yet the cold barely affects me. Maybe this part of the cure of the Gifted. Because in exchange for these terrible gifts, we have lost our souls. I stare at my hands, covered by the metal gauntlets. I cannot see the colours, but it looks grey to me. After years, I have gotten used to my black-and-white vision. We all have it. The same way none of us can smell things anymore, or taste things.
    “Time to wake up,” a quiet, familiar voice echoes. It’s almost haunting, that voice. I shiver a little, and sit up. My hair is as static as always. I run a hand through it, barely feeling the electricity run through me. Across from me I can see Laron and Lenore’s beds. I cannot see the other cells from this point in my bed. I know that the other people on this floor are named Ophelia and Guinevere. We all basically grew up together, yet I know sdo little about these people. Marvelous. Just the way I like it.
    I get up and exchange my sleeping-uniform for my day-uniform. They look the same, the sleeping-uniform is just softer. They’re both simple and black. I pick Artemis, my stuffed bumblebee-bunny, up from the floor. She always rolls off the bed while I sleep. I lay her on the pillow and fill my small sink with water. I don’t touch the water with my gauntlets, instead I just carefully dip my face into the water, before drying it on my thin blanket.
    Another day has started. And it will be the same boring routine. All spirit has left us. No matter how they may pretend, we are all just locked up lab-rats.

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

[My topics]

To the stars who listen — and the dreams that are answered

> My topics.

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.

[Waffles]

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

[My topics. I'll try to start tomorrow, after school.]

Caution first, always.

Sakura 'Kaida' Miyamoto
    Silently, she watches to the complex. The sun was just rising and maybe she had hated getting up early in a previous life, that all had changed. Her breathing was heavy. She had been up before the sun, like always. It was not because she was in a different place, that she would change some things about herself. first order of business, every day again, was going out for a run. Even if that meant running in the dark or the rain, she never skipped. It was a way to clear her mind and start the day witch a fresh head and full of energy. Since she had arrived on the island, she had been more then ready to start the work, but for some reason, she could only start now.
    After waiting and watching for a few moments, she set off again, on a fair pace, while in her head she started to go through the order of the day. There were several points she had to do, before she really could start her work. Ow yes, she knew why she was here for and what she wanted to accomplish, but some finer details had escape her planning and would require some clarification. She not only had to find her assistance, but also head of the guard, both to discuss some things with, before she could really start. But first things first and that would be a shower and a well-earned breakfast.
    She laid the last hand on her hair, while already digging into her meal. There was nothing better to get an appetite in the morning then an early run. And it was also a great way to learn to know the island a little bit better, since it would be her home for quite some time. It's great when you can help out someone, no matter if they are regarded by almost everybody like freaks who don't deserve to be alive. In her opinion, everybody should get a fair chance and she has made it her mission to find a solution so that the Gifted could leave the Island and have a normal life for themselves. However, she would like it to have a clue where to start. Perhaps she knew a thing or two about these gifted, but the details had always eluded her. Arranging some papers, she decided best to start with the people who knew them, or sort of knew them. She could care less who, even the kitchen-maid could be of some help she guesses.
    A quick look in the mirror made sure she was presentable before walking out of her room and on the path to find some clues that could lead her to some answers. She knew the routine on the island by know, so best place to start would obvious be the cafeteria. Gifted or not, they still were human, so they would require breakfast. While she made her way down, she wondered about the gifted. Would they even want to have a kind of a normal life? And how would they be or react? Perhaps they would even hate her, for in reality, no one but her assistant knew why they were really here. Perhaps they would even hate them, since they are probably another annoying bunch of people who see them as objects then as persons, but nothing could be further from the truth and she knew, someway, she had to make that clear, without shouting it from the rooftops.

"Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted"

[hoodedigures]

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

Mischa Remy Aznabaev
    When the lights began to flash, I opened my eyes. As usual, I was under my bed - it had been a bad night for nightmares last night. My soft sleeping uniform felt a little damp, but I ignored it. I crawled out from under my bed as a familiar voice told us it was time to wake up. Every morning, since I was just 7, the lights would flash and we would be told it was time to wake up. To begin with, I fought it, fought against the people that had ripped me away from my parents, causing the nightmares. After a while however.... I gave up fighting. My parents had begged me to, and I'd do anything for me. Standing in my room, I looked blankly at the metal gauntlets over my hands. I shivered and looked away when the memory of having them forced on my tiny hands 'helpfullyi popped up, and instead examined my room. It was bare, with just a bed, sink and toilet. There was no windows. There was a drawing of one, in blood, on one of the walls. The cleaners had given up removing it, because I always just put it back. After the third time, when I'd lost so much blood I had to go to the medical wing, they gave up and just left it. I walked to it and lightly traced it. It was a view from a memory, my old room. It was surprisingly accurate, despite the haze I had when recalling anything from before I was in prison. Instead of being rusty red on the gray wall, the dried blood was black. It was part of the curse of what I was, I'd been told. I'd lost my colour vision, my ability to taste and smell... I struggled to even feel temperature. Which is why I was standing so calmly in my room in just the thin sleeping uniform. Really, I should be feeling very cold, and shivering, yet I wasn't. Sighing, I turn away from my 'window' and change into my day-time uniform. It was exactly the same as the sleeping one, but the sleeping one was a little softer. Then I walked over to the sink and filled it with water, and washed my face carefully. I didn't care too much about the metal gauntlets – I went through much more then the others, simply because I didn't bother trying to protect them from water. My defence is that if they're able to stop us doing whatever is it we were doing, they should be water-proof as well. Then I walked to the dining room.

Vanellope Westerfeld
    I could hear Kevin walking around waking the children, and I decided that it was time for me to take a shower. I'd gotten up at the crack of dawn as usual, and in those two hours I'd had breakfast, gone through my usual warm-up and routine, run, and cool-down. Now it was time to take a quick shower, dress in my crappy uniform, and go to the dining-room. I didn't believe that the children were evil, just different. And, unlike Kevin, I still through of them as human. Stepping into the warm spray of water, I remembered that the scientists had arrived to study them. For some reason, that fact made me angry, and I scrubbed my scalp to get rid of the annoyance. They were just kids for Christ's sake, even if they had some abilities that most of us didn't. But wasn't that the point of them? I didn't agree with people messing around with genes to make the 'perfect child'. If you were a parent, you were supposed to love your child, flaws and all. Not purposely pick one that had none. I grinned at myself as I rinsed my hair, thinking that really I should have worded that a little better. Mischa was a little demon, and she was supposed to have been perfect.
    Stepping out of the shower, I dried and dressed quickly. I hated the uniform, but I needed the pay. I got paid a lot, considering what I did. The kids were too freaking depressed to try and escape, so really there wasn't all that much to do around here. I walked briskly to the dining-room where they'd be having breakfast, and wrinkled my nose at the food.

[ bericht aangepast op 6 sep 2013 - 17:44 ]

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

(My topics while I am turning crazy in the car)

Sidera nostra contrahent solem lunamque

OMG I had two quizlet thingies open and closed one by accident, geez! I was really shocked, but it wasn't the one with my post, thank god!! _O_

Danielle Skye Fairholm
    The flickering lights woke me up as usual. It had gotten kind of boring, but also made me feel somewhat safe, since the voice and the flickering lights ritual had been the same for the past few years. Still I was longing for some change and hoped this day would bring me something new. Something unexpected and exciting. With that thought in mind I left my warm and cozy bed and as soon as my feet touched the cold floor a chill ran down my spine. I entered my bathroom to change my sleep-uniform for my daytime-uniform that looked just the same as the one I had to sleep in. Dressing was hard with the stupid gauntlets on my hands and once more, I wanted to take them off. I'd never liked them and still didn't. It even made me angry I couldn't use my gift, I was able to help people, didn't they see it? I always did help my mum by changing my mothers mood by simply telling her to relax or something like that. It worked and now.. Now they treated me like my gift was dangerous. Hell, I would never use it in a way that forced people in doing stupid or dangerous things. It's not like I would enjoy torturing people, but somehow I got the feeling that was exactly what they thought; That I was some kind of criminal. My anger faded away, as quickly as it had come. Well, nothing to do about, I thought while brushing my hair. I couldn't see colors, but that didn't mean I wanted my hair to look messy.
    When I was ready I looked in the mirror. Some thought it was nice that we had our own bathrooms, but I would've preferred a bathroom we had to share. I loved being around others and chatting with them and this way, well.. My social time was very limited. That was why I enjoyed breakfast, lunch, dinner and the time I could spend outside. We were allowed outside two hours a day and I didn't care if it was freezing or bloody hot, I always wanted to go outside. It was the only, real normal place in here. At least, that was what I thought.
    When I was ready I left my bathroom and again found myself in the room that was being recorded day and night. There were cameras and I really wondered if there was someone watching me the whole time. The one who had to do that couldn't praise himself very lucky, since I thought it was really boring to watch some children bore themselves to dead in their rooms. Really, what could we do in our rooms? Even now I just sat down on my bed, my feet next to me and waited for someone to get me. I hoped our breakfast would be nice today. Since taste wasn't the right word anymore I started using the word nice. I still had the right to be picky about food I couldn't taste. For example, I really hated mucous food. Texture and temperature were the two things I could still be picky about and yes, I had my favourites. I loved tea in the winter and yoghurt on a summer morning, strawberries were great too, but most of the time our food wasn't that extravagant. The longer I sat on my bed, the more bored I got and I started twisting some hair around my finger. Eventually I stood up and began walking around in my room. "C'mon.." I mumbled, wanting to leave my room and see the others again so badly.

In the end the only person we love is ourselves, that's why we choose to love someone who can please us the most.

Joel Ezra Knight || Guard

With a groan of annoyance I bury my face my pillow as my alarm clock wakes me from my sleep. I'm lying on my stomach, which makes it easier for me to bring my hands to the back of my head, so that my forearms cover my ears and drown out the shrill noise. After two minutes I place my hands on either side of my head on the pillow and I slowly raise my head to glance at the small numbers on the alarm clock. My vision is still blurred from sleep, but I don't have to look at the clock to know exactly what time it is. It's 5:15 AM, the time I usually get up. I groan again and roll over, to make actually leaving my bed a little bit easier. I realize that waking up is becoming increasingly difficult. My limbs are stiff, I can't seem to keep my eyes open and my movements are slow. I stumble into my bathroom and sigh when a few minutes later, the hot water hits my body. It takes me about fifteen minutes to feel remotely human again, which means I have another thirty minutes to get ready. I used to enjoy getting up early, but I begrudgingly realize my age is finally catching up to me. I try not to let it control me, however. I try to keep my body fit as possible, training every day if I get the chance. I'm still strong enough to handle the kids and my muscles always get better after the first hour or so anyway. I wouldn't still be working here if it didn't. I quickly towel down my hair and body and when I'm in my bedroom I throw on my uniform. The next couple of minutes are spent going through my morning routine and after I've eaten my usual hardy breakfast I'm ready to get to work. I leave my little apartment and make my way downstairs. It's around 6:05 when I arrive in the cafeteria. "Morning," I grumble good heartedly when I see Kevin and Vanellope, my voice still rough from sleep, my accent thick and painfully obvious. "Need any help with that?" I ask Kevin when I notice he's helping Marian with the plates of food.

Caution first, always.

Laron Caldre Barrineau

I was awake before the slavemaster started flicking the lights. On and off and on and off and on again, it was the daily, boring routine I had known for over 10 years now. The light burned bright beneath my eyelids, which were very reluctant to open themselves and face the dread of yet another day. I can hear his soft voice ringing down the halls, sending a slight shiver down my spine. It unnerved me. The slavemaster could be pretty damn scary and I should know. I have been the project of his wrath more than once, especially that one time I ended up outside the walls.. Ah, good times, good times. I should really start working on another plan to get myself out of here. Or at least amuse myself with watching the guards look for keys they suddenly ‘lost’.
          But first, I’d have to get out of this bed. So, as per usual, I roll over to the side, lose my balance, and land face first on the floor. Now, if this would’ve been during the wintertime, I would have just grabbed my blanket and continued sleeping on the floor, but seeing how I was wide awake already and it was spring, I decide to just get up. As per usual, the first thing I do is check the cells across from mine. I can see Zero is already up and about and smirk a little when I see his hair is sticking up. I shake my head and let out a deep yawn.
    “Morning ladies and gentleman!” My voice echoes through the room and I snicker. I am in a good mood today, the night had been kind to me and I am not grumpy.
          I make my way to the waterbasin and dip my gauntlet into the cool water. I liked my water that way. Though I like water in general, seeing how I’ve been told it has no taste. It means I won’t be missing out on anything. I quickly wash up and begrudgingly chance into my day uniform, which I kind of hate. But I had nothing to complain about, at least we had clothing and food. We might not be able to taste it, but still. It was something. And of course, we had those lovely guards to make sure we won’t go on a rampage and destroy the world. Because, obviously, 12 kids are able to do that.
          A smile flashes over my face at the thought, as I sit down in my bed crosslegged, waiting for the guards to take us to breakfast. I wondered what today was going to be like. I had overheard the guards talking about new people arriving. Scientists that wanted to study us like the caged ‘animals’ we are. Of course, I am not supposed to know this, but you would be surprised about everything I know. I’m curious about what those people want from us now. Are they trying to figure out what’s ‘wrong’ with us? Trying to find a way to save our souls? Fix us? We don’t have to be fixed, we just have to try and figure out our prophecies. But being locked up here, makes that kind of hard. I sigh, I kind of hope they won’t be speaking to me today. I’m in a good mood and they might just go and ruin that if they get too nosy. The fact that my parents are supposed to call today, is bad enough. I hope they forgot, that would be nice.
          But, for now, my mood could not be broken by anything. I just go and wait, while staring at Zero’s cell, for them to come and get me for breakfast. And, judging by the growling of my stomach, that wouldn’t take too long.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Eduard Novak|| Guard

A sight left my throat while I got up and ruffled through my brown hair. It looked quite messy, but I didn’t really care. My hair looked always messy even in my childhood. Most girls liked it, said that it was cute. I never really had a girlfriend though, girls didn’t really interested methose days. I never took the first step and there weren’t girls who dared to ask me on a date in my area. I sighed again before I got out of the bed and a few Russian words slighted over my lips- words that would let my grandmother turn in her grave- when I nudged my toe. Oh well, there was nobody nearby who could hear and translate it. None of the guards knew Russian as far as I knew, or they had learned it. I was a kind man and would never yell at someone, but that doesn’t mean that I couldn’t cuss. Carefully I continued my way to the bathroom and threw some water in my face to get the sleep out of my eyes. I waked up almost ten years on the same hour and yet it remained difficult to stand up. After I put the uniform on, I looked at the old watch I always carried with me before Laron once stole it. Since then, I always leave it in my room because I didn’t want to lose it. I didn’t want to lose anything, but with Laron, you never knew. It was like a game for the boy and actually I didn’t blame him. I would also seek something to do if they would lock me up. Life of a guard in this prison wasn’t really easy, but I thought that it was more difficult to be a prisoner. A smile formed on my face while I left my room and made my way to the dining room. “Morning," I said when I arrived and saw that everyone was already there. You could say that I was happy and curious for the scientists. This was the first day that they would ‘investigate’ the children and I had to say that I didn’t really like it. Those children weren’t animals in a cage, they were people who earned some respect. Yes, they could do thing that were impossible, but that didn’t make them beasts. “Do you guys need any help or should I get the children already for the breakfast?” I always asked it, no matter how long I lived in the prison. It was polite to ask that kind of stuff.

-Hi, I'm Andy, also freaking out- Andy Gallagher

(My topics)

I'm F.O.O.D.: Fan Of One Direction, problems?

Ophelia Wynter Sfinkx

I’ve been staring at the ceiling for what must be hours now. Languidly I blink. There’s not a single bone in my body that feels like getting up yet, and so I’ve decided I won’t. A couple of times my mind has tried to bring me back home, to my own bed, with the smell of papa’s pancakes in the air, but I’ve refused to take the trip down memory lane. It’s pretty clear to me that I won’t ever be going home again. I’ve been stuck here for too long now to have hopes for that.
    Suddenly the lights start flashing, like they do every morning, blinding me because I had no idea it was this time already. I sit up in a violent movement and rub them as tears run down my face. I hear the scream leaving my lips before I realize I’m making the sound.
    “Gottverdammt!” I shout. “Verpiss dich, du verdammtes Arschloch!”
    I get up and kick my wall, only hurting myself more in the process but not really caring about it.
    With a sigh I sit myself down. Has that dick Kevin never heard of waking up people gently? I’m not easily in a good mood, but I can assure everyone that blinding me will certainly not change that.
    When I look at my hands, a profound sadness overwhelms me. Almost immediately the anger takes over again and I lay back down on my bed.
    If they want me to get out of bed, let them come and get me.

[I'll throw in Storm somewhere later (: ]

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.