• MANHATTAN'S ELITE
    ''no one cares unless you're pretty or you're dead''

this RPG originally belongs to Dysthymia and I have permission to borrow it.

I N T R O D U C T I O N

"The Upper East Side was like something from Fitzgerald or Thackeray – teenagers acting like adults, adults acting like teenagers, guarding secrets, spreading gossip all with the trappings of truly opulent wealth. And membership into this community was so elite you couldn’t even buy your way in. It was a birthright – a birthright that I didn’t have. And my greatest achievements would never earn it.”

— Gossip Girl

P L O T

The Upper East Side of New York City is like a world stuck in it’s own little bubble - a little bubble filled with wealth, drama, adults acting like children and children acting like adults. To outsiders, the Upper East Side is a fantasy. They know it exists, but they have a hard time believing the things they hear about that are said to go down between the socialites. Some outsiders have managed to break through the bubble and join the life of the elites, whether its attending school on a scholarship, or starting a new job, there are those few who didn’t grow up with money. From a young age, children on the Upper East Side are thrown into the whirlwind life of the rich and famous. They attend lavish parties, exciting balls, even the fundraising events that seem boring, always end with the revealing of an affair, or a relative who you thought was dead showing up and revealing their big elaborate scheme. It sounds like something out of the movies, but for the residents of the Upper East Side this is their everyday reality. This RPG is based on the St. Augustine High School for boys & girls. A school for the brightest and richest students on the Upper East Side. Some children get in on a scholarship, but that's rare. Follow the young adults on their dramatic, exiting and tragic lives.

U N I F O R M S

Students are required to wear their uniform whenever they find themselves on schoolgrounds, this rule is taken very seriously. They are, however, allowed to wear regular clothing when they are on trips and outings, these clothes must comply with the dresscode!

Uniform for boys:
    click en click
    Uniform for girls:
    click en click
    Sports:
    click

S O C I A L      M E D I A

We all know the infamous blog Gossip Girl, however, the Gossip Queen has gotten pretty modern. She has ditched her old blog for a new one, based on tumblr. From now on, gossip will be posted from that platform, and everyone can read it. GossipGirl's new posts will have a url leading to them on her twitter, which will be used to submit gossip. A twitter account is necessary for the characters, as this will be their form to interact with GG (and eachother!) via social media.

GossipGirl's Links
    Tumblr — click (i worked really hard on this shit, so i hope it works!)
    Twitter — click
    Find posts/Submit posts by using the tags: #GossipGirlQuizlet (general shade) & #GossipGirlQBlast (major info!)
    Blasts can be found via the "tags"-page on tumblr & on twitter.

Character's Social Media
    text

R U L E S

schoolregels: [moet ik nog vertalen!]
    — Uniform moet altijd gedragen worden.
    — Bij afwezigheid 1 dag van te voren afmelden, elk ongeoorloofd uur afwezig moet dubbel ingehaald worden.
    — Te laat komen is het uur inhalen in je vrije tijd.
    — Vernieling van andermans bezittingen is ten strengste verboden.
    —Pesten van zowel leraren als leerlingen is verboden en wordt zwaar gestraft.
    — Het gebruiken, verkopen of bijdragen van verdovende middelen, alcohol of sigaretten op het school terrein is ten strenge verboden.
    RPG-regels:
    — Minimaal 200 woorden, dit lijkt mij vrij haalbaar.
    — Maximaal 2 personages waarvan minimaal een mannelijk.
    — Bestuur alleen je eigen personage tenzij je toestemming hebt van je medespelers.
    — Alleen ik [itscamilla] open nieuwe topics, tenzij anders vermeldt.
    — OOC (out of character) tussen haakjes of in het praattopic.
    — 16 + is toegestaan, don't go overboard tho.
    — Geen Mary/Gary Sue's, elk personage heeft flaws.
    — Alleen ik maak topic, mits ik iemand aanwijs.
    — Reserveringen blijven 48 uur staan, en vervallen daarna tenzij je voor uitstel hebt gevraagd.
    — Meld het als je een tijdje niet kan reageren, daar wordt zeker begrip voor getoond.
    — Graag nette zinnen en goed ABN.

C H A R A C T E R S

Name - Class - Grade - Page
    Women [7/.]
    • Candice Rosemary Montgomery — Upper East Sider — Senior — 1.3
    • Elín Camari Nyström — Upper East Sider — Senior — 1.2
    • Jessica Natalie McAndrews — Outsider — Senior — 1.3
    • Christina Lewis — Outsider — Junior — 1.3
    • Eleonore Niki Adams — Outsider — Junior — 1.3
    • Neva Esperanza González — Wannabe — Junior — 1.5

Men [6/.]
    • Noel Benjamin Reyes — Upper East Sider — Senior — 1.3
    • Logan Stephen Reyes — Upper East Sider — Senior — 1.3
    • Felix Gideon Crake — Outsider — Junior — 1.5
    • Philip Brandt Stevens — Upper East Sider — Senior — 1.3
    • Alexander Ezekiel Howell — Outsider — Senior — 1.4
    • Elijah Thornton — Wannabe — Senior — 1.4

T H E      L I N K S

Talktopic — click here
    Roletopic — click here

Beginning

It's Friday September 25th and it has been an unusual hot day. Most of you were lounging in Central Park in the afternoon, but now it is time to get ready for tonight's event: The Deputee Ball. If you are smart, then you read Gossip Girl's message about this ball. At this moment, it is 7 P.M., the ball starts at 8.30 P.M. Maybe you are still preparing for the ball, maybe you are a person that is always on time and are you already on your way to the ball, or maybe you are just getting to know your partner for the evening. Have fun! And most importantly: don't forget to send your gossips of the evening to Gossip Girl.

Gossip Girl's post about the ball

[ topic verplaatst door een moderator ]

[ bericht aangepast op 15 mei 2016 - 12:07 ]

To the stars who listen — and the dreams that are answered

MT.

Up with the sun. Gone with the wind.

Mt :,D

I caught a golden trout! But the real treusure? Friendship - ACNH

Mt (:

Good people are like candles, they burn themselves up to give others light

ELÍN CAMARI NYSTRÖM
    "BAMBI" || SENIOR || UES || SEVENTEEN || ELÍN'S APARTMENT || DRESS || HAIR

She was poetry in a world that was still learning the alphabet

Elín looked critically at herself in the bathroom mirror. She already had been standing like that for ten minutes. There was still doubt in her if she should wear that dress. She had made it herself, with some help and advice from a few students who studied fashion at one of New York's universities. Yes, she had worn some of her self made clothing before, but nothing like this. She was also kind of nervous what Alex would think about it. Not that she wore the dress to impress him, but eventhough they were friends for a long, long time, he had never really seen her in something like this. He was already her friend when she went through her über-awkward braces phase, and this was something completely different. Also, she knew that if he didn't like how she looked or what she wore, that he would just tell her, and she really appreciated his honestly, but in moments like this it also made her nervous. Texting Candi was useless, since she knew her friend would say "to just wear the god damn dress".
          A soft sigh left her lips and she leant forward to adjust her make-up for one last time. At least she was lucky that she could go with Alex. When Gossip Girl had posted that message a few days ago, she at first was scared that she'd be matched with another guy. Not that she didn't want to go with someone else, but she already had agreed with Alex that they would go together. Or well actually, she had convinced (read: bargained) him to go with her. It was their last year and he hadn't been to The Deputee Ball in the years before. And she didn't think he'd still go if he was matched with someone else, since it already took her a lot to convince him to go. She also had been scared that he didn't want to go anymore anyway, after that message. He wasn't exactly the type of person that liked to do what GG said. Not that she was, but she didn't want GG to post anything about her brother and each time there was a post about her, she was afraid it would be about him. The only one who she told what really happened, was Alex. And she wanted to keep it that way. So, she knew Alex only went to the ball to make her happy.
          After one last touch of black eyeliner, which made her already striking blue eyes even stand out more, Elín finally had enough courage to step out of her bathroom. As she had expected, Alex was already waiting on her and lounged on her queen-sized bed. But she didn't really dare to look at him.
          'I only need to put on my heels, but I'll do that right before we go. Otherwise I'll probably break my ankle before we even get to the ball,' she laughed softly, while she rummaged through her backpack. 'How does the suit fit you?' She finally found what she was looking for and threw it to Alex. 'Here are your sigaretes. Oh, and do you wanna eat or drink something before we go? We maybe just have enough time to order some food, and otherwise I can have a look if there's something in the fridge. There is also some booze left from my last party.' Meanwhile, she still hadn't looked at him.

[ bericht aangepast op 9 mei 2016 - 0:57 ]

MT

The monsters running wild inside of me. I'm faded

Mt

MT.

Life is not an mp3, where you can play what you want but life is a radio, where you have to enjoy whats' being played.

Ik heb dit even bij speeltopics gezet!^^

Queer zijn is gewoon alles

Jessica Natalie McAndrews

Jessie was running around the house trying to get everyone to help her. It was the first time she was going to the Deputee Ball and she wanted to look her best. Not because she wanted everyone to see her as someone who could buy the most expensive clothing, simply because she couldn’t afford those. But she wanted to show everyone that without a lot of money you could still look beautiful. At first she wasn’t going to go to the Ball, she liked parties but a Ball wasn’t really her thing. As soon as GG told everyone with who to go Jessie knew she didn’t really have a choice. By not going she wouldn’t only put herself in trouble but also Noel and that wasn’t something she wanted to do. She locked herself in the bathroom so she could make her make-up perfect, her brothers were running around the house to trying to find her shoes Jessie couldn’t find anywhere. In the living room her mother was putting the finish in touches on her two-piece, one she bought for a small amount of money and her grandmother and mother worked with it to make it look as glamourous as possible, something that worked quite well. Her grandmother had taught Jessie and her mother a lot over the years, since she had been a dressmaker for most of her life, but Jessie hadn't been that interested since she prefered being out and about.
    When she was finally done with making herself look her best she came out of the bathroom and found her brothers standing there with her high heels. “You found them! You saved my life thank you guys!” she gave them a big hug and ran downstairs to collect her dress. With her two-piece over her shoulder she ran up the stairs again pulling her mum with her so she could help her getting into the dress without damaging it, something she definitely needed help with since she barely wore dresses or anything like it.
    After a while she was all dressed up and send everyone down so she could check herself ones more in every mirror she could find, her hair was just simple and loose, something that suited her personality best. Showing her personality through her clothing had always been important to her and even in this two piece she felt like she did a good job. She look quite well and wasn’t ashamed to meet the Upper East Siders, she could handle them and their expensive dresses.
    Noel could be there any minute and she had to hurry up. Jessie ran downstairs with her high heels in her hand and tried to put them on without falling. She turned around and three of her brothers and her parent were standing in line to look at her. “Guys please, it isn’t that special. Don’t make me look like a fool in front of him,” she begged them while walking towards them to say goodbye. She hugged both her parents who told her not to do anything stupid and everything you would expect your parents to say. Her brothers were being their annoying selves and when she stood in front of them she looked directly into their eyes. “If you open your mouth one bit you are dead,” she told them, and they knew she meant it, they didn’t have to mess with their little sister.

[ bericht aangepast op 9 mei 2016 - 22:30 ]

Alexander Ezekiel Howell
    Outsider || Senior || Eighteen || Badboy || Outfit || Twitter

Adjusting his sleeves Alex sat on the enormous queen-sized bed of Elin, waiting for her to come out of the bathroom. More than forty minutes had past already and as nervous as he was at the moment he played with the edge of his wristband and the buttons that were pulled out. He hated wearing Tuxedo’s and lucky for him he could convince Elin that he could wear another kind of suit, so now he wore a brownish chevron blazer with underneath a white blouse and a weird tie. Elin chose it so it’ probably something fashionable, but still. Now that Alex got this suit, that I’ll probably wear for once and then never again must have been so much money. Money I couldn’t even get in a year of working, and they easily chance their clothing once a month or even a week. It disgusted him , the whole UES community did. Only a few – That includes Elin ofcourse- aren’t that horrible but they never stand still with what other people go through, the money Alex get from his mom got mostly stolen by his dad for alcohol and with the scrabbles that Alex can get back I buy his cigarettes. Something he can’t live without or Alexander would have sunken a lot deeper. It’s not that he is as poor as some homeless guys or children in Africa, but still. Parties like these? Where everyone shows up in priced clothing, drinking the most expensive wines and throw up to eat more. No thank you he rather has a cosy seat.
    A sigh left his lips as he looked at his crappy 2nd-hand Samsung phone, if she would be ready in ten minutes they could probably get there in time, even though Alex would prefer to arrive fashionably late. He heard the sound of an door opening and looked over his shoulder at Erin coming out of the bathroom. Her dress looked beautiful and eventhough she made it herself I know by fact that those kinds of fabrics are incredibly expensive and that doesn’t make it cheaper than another dress, but he appreciate it that she tried. The only reason Alex putted himself into the trouble of an breath taking suit – literally- was because he needed to protect her of GG and the other people and besides to see her that happy made Lex also happy – or less grumpy -. It bothered him that she didn’t even look at him while she was searching through her bag for something .
    'I only need to put on my heels, but I'll do that right before we go. Otherwise I'll probably break my ankle before we even get to the ball,' she laughed softly, still ignoring me what made me roll my eyes and get up. Alec could hear her rummage in her back and when she finally found what she was looking for , she opened her mouth , again not looking at alex for a single second. 'How does the suit fit you?' she asked but Alex didn’t answer her. He only would when she looked him in the eyes, not a glance but right into his Brown eyes. 'Here are your cigarettes. Oh, and do you wanna eat or drink something before we go? We maybe just have enough time to order some food, and otherwise I can have a look if there's something in the fridge. There is also some booze left from my last party.'
    Elin threw a pack of cigarettes at him, which he catches without any effort and put these away in his butt pocket. “Elin.” He said shortly and grabbed her shoulder so he could turn her around. Alexander cupped her face in his hands and forced her to look at him. “Chill down, Bambs, you look absolutely stunning.” He began and let her go. “If you would’ve looked at me for a second, you would see how the suits looks on me.” A sigh of slightly disappointment left his lips en he put a lock of her hair behind her ear. “ I’m not hungry nor thirsty.” He said. “I’m here especially for you okay? So I would love to get some real attention from you.” He said with a smirk and grabbed her hand. “ Tell me what you want to do and we’ll do it.”

[ bericht aangepast op 9 mei 2016 - 21:53 ]

I caught a golden trout! But the real treusure? Friendship - ACNH

Noel Benjamin Reyes
    | Eighteen years | Senior | Upper East Sider | Don't really want to go | Suit |

I don't really wanted to attend this 'Deputee Ball'. It was a stupid thing and now this Gossip Girl person decided with who we needed to go there. Jessica McAndrews was my 'date' for this evening, she wasn't bad, not at all. She's actually very nice, but we've never spoken much. A little sigh left my lips. I hated it when people told me what to do and Gossip Girl was starting getting on my nerves.
    The limosine stopped for a house and the driver looked into the mirror. ''We are here sir,'' Shortly I rolled my eyes. I didn't enjoy being called 'sir', that's my dad, I am hardly even an adult to be honest.
    Quick I opend the door of the side I sat on and stepped out of the car. The time I've spend on getting my suit on normal wasn't that long, but I like to wear simple clothes more. I began to the frontdoor of the house and knocked on the door and put my hand behind my back, waiting for someone awnsering the door. Not that I am that patient, but I just wait. Somewhere I think this whole ball won't be that bad after all, because if there's alcohol, there's fun and there is a whole group of people there and otherwise like I thought earlier; Jessica is a nice person and I think it would be fun to talk to her for a while and try to get to know her.

The monsters running wild inside of me. I'm faded

Christina Lewis
    dress shoes

Chris was sitting in a taxi. She and Logan would met at an Italian Restaurant to eat something before they would go to the ball. But she was afraid that she could eat nothing because she was so nervous. She and Logan never spoke before and she was afraid that he wouldn’t like her. She hoped that they would have a connection so her first Desputee ball could be a good one.

“Going to a ball with your boyfriend?” asked the chauffeur. “Yes I’m going to a ball, but not with my boyfriend” she answered. She smiled slightly to him. “Well, don’t worry about that, you look stunning!”. “Thank you”. She did look stunning. Although, she thought she was. She hoped that Logan would think the same about that. She was wearing a turquoise dress with pearls on the top. She rend this dress from a shop because she couldn’t afford one. Her mom was so proud of her and she even got some tears when she saw chris coming down the stairs. this made even more inspired to make this scholarship a good one.

“here it is” the chauffeur stepped out of the car and opened the door for Christina. “Thank you very much” she paid him and walked very careful to the door of the restaurant. She doesn’t want to make her dress or her new white shoes dirty. When she opened the door of the restaurant there was barely nobody. A waiter came to her and asked what she want. “I came here to see a boy” she could barely speak because she was so nervous. “I see, he is waiting for you. Follow me please.” Chis followed the waiter and he brought her to a table where she saw Logan. “Hey Logan, how are you doing?”

The world is a book and I will read it

Jessica Natalie McAndrews

Noel was going to be her date for the night, only her mother new, but she didn’t tell her about GG of course. Never had Jessie spend a lot of time with Noel and she just hoped it was going to be fine, he was nice but she just spoke to him briefly, not more than one conversation at a time. A whole evening, she wasn’t sure it was going to go well but she was curious to find out. Just as she was talking to her parents the doorbell rang. Jessie turned around but forgot she was wearing high heels and fell over, she should have practiced more, she never wore heels and if she did they weren’t this high. As she tried to get up her youngest – and most annoying – brother ran to the door and opened this with a smile on his face that was just too big, why did he always act like a baby? “Damn,” Jessie whispered and stood up with help of her parents. “See you later tonight, don’t know when! Love you!” She gave them one last kiss and then went to the door to send her brother away. Her parents were still talking to her, saying she should take her phone so she could call them if anything happened or they had to come and get her tonight. She nodded and went on to her brother who was still standing at the doorstep. “Don’t breath a word,” she mumbled to Jeremy, she loved him but sometimes he was just not her favourite person in the world. “Go,” she then told him en pushed him aside towards the living room after which Jessie stepped outside. “Hi, sorry about that,” she said while pointing backwards towards the place where her brother stood just seconds ago. She smiled and closed the door behind her to make sure her brother wouldn’t escape and make her look like even more of a fool.
    Jessie looked at the ground for a second and went with her hand through her hair to get some lost strands out of her face and made sure her two-piece was in the right place. When she was happy with how it looked she looked up to Noel. “So… How are you?” she asked after a short silence and looked around. Her eye fell on the limousine and her mouth fell open, she looked back at Noel, “But that is way too expensive, you didn’t have to do that!” Never in her life had she gone somewhere in a limousine, she had seen a lot, which was not that strange since she went to the same school as the Upper East Siders.

[ bericht aangepast op 10 mei 2016 - 12:49 ]

ELÍN CAMARI NYSTRÖM
    "BAMBI" || SENIOR || UES || SEVENTEEN || ELÍN'S APARTMENT || DRESS || HAIR

She was poetry in a world that was still learning the alphabet

She was so busy not looking at Alex, that she didn't notice that he left the bed and was walking towards her. So, when he suddenly said her name and grabbed her shoulders, she startled a bit. He turned her around and took her face into his hands. She of course still could've avoided looking at him, by just closing her eyes or focussing her eyes on something else, but she knew that he wouldn't let go off her until she looked at him. A soft, barely noticeable, sigh left her lips and finally, she met Alex' eyes.
          'Chill down, Bambs, you look absolutely stunning. If you would’ve looked at me for a second, you would see how the suits looks on me.' Elín felt her heart break a little bit when she noticed his dissapointment. She was afraid that she would dissapoint him with how she looked, but now she actually dissapointed him with her behavior. It was impossible to put in words how important he was to her, so she absolutely hated it that she dissapointed him.
          'I’m not hungry nor thirsty. I’m here especially for you okay? So I would love to get some real attention from you.' She smiled faintly at him when he smirked and grabbed her hand. 'Tell me what you want to do and we’ll do it.'
          'I'm so sorry,' she mumbled with a soft voice, as she pulled her hand from his and instead put her arms around his neck and hid her face in his blazer. 'I was worried that you wouldn't like how I look and I didn't want to let you down. I was nervous for your reaction... I'm really sorry, Babeczka,' she murmured against his shoulder. 'I know you are only doing this because I asked you, and that really means a lot to me.' Elín let go of him, stood on the tips of her toes, and pressed a soft kiss on the top of his nose. 'But you look very handsome in a suit. Although, you look handsome in everything, so that's not really a surprise.' She squeezed his arm. 'Now I will have to keep the ladies of you the entire night.' She smiled at him, more brightly this time.
          'Let's eat some food before we go. Usually they only serve really itsy bitsy appetizers. I won't survive on that. I can make some fish and chips for you if you want?'

[ bericht aangepast op 11 mei 2016 - 23:01 ]

ELIJAH THORNTON
    SENIOR || "WANNABE" || EIGHTEEN || CANDICE'S BUILDING || SUIT

I really can't be worried about who gets it and who doesn't

Elijah wasn't really the type to go to things such as balls. First of all, there wouldn't be alcohol (not that he would stick to that, of course). Second, all the girls would be coming in long dresses, and eventhough he was sure that they would all look beautiful (well, the ones that also normally were beautiful, cause in his opinion you couldn't make an ugly girl beautiful by putting a pretty dress on her), it was not his thing. His thing was girls in short skirts, and those wouldn't be at the ball. What could he said? A woman's legs were his weakness, especially if the woman in question had legs for days. Luckily for him, his date had lovely legs. Not so luckily, they would be covered up, but maybe he'd changed that by the end of the evening.
          His date for the ball was the blonde bombshell, Candice. He hadn't played totally fair, since he had kind of bribed Gossip Girl to match him to her. But whatever, he didn't know anyone in the Upper East Side who actually "played fair", so he didn't give a damn. He had a little surprise in store for Candi, cause he didn't like to do things the "basic" or "standard" way. So no limousine today for her. He didn't want to spoil her surprise to her yet, so he travelled to her appartment building by taxi. A flower bunch was held in his hand. He knew she liked the outdoors, so he had gone with more "wild flowers", and not with boring roses.
          He walked to the reception, or whatever it was called, to let the woman behind the desk know that he was here for Candice.