• Druk op je ctrl-toets tegelijkertijd met de v-toets, en ontdek wat je het laatst gekopieerd hebt ^^

Today is the oldest you have ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be.

Today is the oldest you have ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be.

Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.

Joey gave the fridge door a good slam as he retrieved a tray of eggs from inside. It was early Sunday morning, so early that even Kaiba hadn't woken yet. That was mainly the reason Joey was working on breakfast at this ungodly hour – to avoid all interactions with his employer for the day.

Kaiba had been completely stubborn all week. On the plus side, the housekeeper hadn't seen nor heard from him a lot - he was working late into the night, and leaving without taking any breakfast in the morning. He had spent the majority of the day at his main KaibaCorp office. The minus to all this was that when Kaiba was at home, he was even more stoic and snappy than usual. After the disastrous first two days of his new job, Joey had kept his head down and worked steadfastly, making sure to stay on top of everything and anything. He'd avoided every possible situation where he would have to be in the same room as Kaiba.

The reason behind all this was Yugi's college-leaving party, of course. Joey had been naïve enough to believe if he remained reserved to himself and kept the 'ticking Kaiba off' business to a minimum, he'd be allowed go.

As expected, his hopes were shattered pretty quickly.

Last night, a mere hour before the scheduled kick-off of the get-together, Joey had knocked on Kaiba's door. Several minutes later, he was standing before the CEO, feeling confident he'd be granted one, measly afternoon off.

Once again, he was wrong.

Not only had Kaiba disallowed him to go to his best friend's once-in-a-lifetime party, he banished him to the library to dust off every book, and resort them in alphabetical order by author.

The task itself took Joey the rest of the afternoon, and most of the night. He didn't even make it to his bedroom when he'd finished - he had fallen asleep in a small armchair in the library corner. Unfortunately, this nap was short-lived thanks to Kaiba's obnoxious grandfather clock ringing loudly at five am.

Which incidentally brought him to the current location - the kitchen.

Joey cracked several eggs into a bowl and began whisking the living daylights out of them. After several seconds, his arm hurt, but he kept going. He needed somewhere to take out his frustration, so a good place to start was Kaiba's breakfast. His only regret was that he hadn't stocked up on poison while shopping the day before…

Yugi had been disappointed, as expected, when Joey had called him. He'd offered to speak to Kaiba, but Joey reasoned that he'd receive nothing less than week's worth of torture from his employer. Also, while Yami may be gone, Yugi was starting to act more and more like him everyday, which was a good and bad thing. It compensated for his height, oddly, but it also managed to scare the hell out of everyone. While Joey highly doubted that Yugi could force Kaiba to let him take the evening off, he was sure that whatever anger his employer would have towards the tri-coloured haired teen would be taken out on the blonde instead.

Joey popped the pancake mixture in the fridge to settle and took a seat at the rarely-used breakfast bar. The sun was barely poking up over the horizon as he folded his arms across the table and rested his head gently down. It seemed that he had only closed his eyes and dozed off when someone was poking him awake again.

"Joey, finally!" Mokuba stood before him, dressed and smelling of peppermint. He gave the blonde a wide smile as he sat up and yawned. "I've been poking you for five minutes."

"S-Sorry!" He quickly slid off the chair and hurried his way to the fridge. "I'll have your breakfast ready as soon as I can, Mokuba."

The younger brother rolled his eyes as he hoisted himself up onto the stool Joey had just been resting on. "Take your time. Seto won't be having breakfast; it's just me." His voice was somewhat forlorn. It made Joey tense up a little; he could sense Mokuba wanted to talk, no doubt about his brother.

Joey was in no mood to make promises or chat about Seto's well-being. While he did think that Mokuba was a great kid and he totally respected him for his dedication to his brother, Joey was adamant on not getting involved. It seemed the only person who could exercise some control over Kaiba was Mokuba. What more could a mere housekeeper do?

Keeping quiet as he cooked, Joey waited for Mokuba to speak. However, the younger sibling remained mute until Joey had place the plate before him and told him to eat. He hoisted himself onto the chair opposite Mokuba, watching him pile pancakes onto his plate, avoiding Joey's piercing gaze.

After a minute, Joey asked, "What's up?"

The teen looked up, almost innocently. "What do you mean, Joey?"

"You know what I mean," he replied, "What's with 'the look'?" He took a bite from his food, eyes still on Mokuba.

"… Nothing's up."

They lapsed into silence. Sometime during the meal, they heard the front door slam. Mokuba gave an irritated sigh and dropped his cutlery back onto the plate. "I'm not hungry anymore," he said.

Joey pretended to look hurt, which worked excellently.

"N-not that it's your cooking, Joey! It's fantastic! It's just…"

The blonde raised an eyebrow. "Just…?" Mokuba didn't reply, which only egged on Joey further. He sighed and finished his food before asking, "You can tell me, Mokuba, I promise I won't tell anyone." He caught Mokuba's eyes and smiled. "I swear on my red eyes card."

His comment made Mokuba smile momentarily. "I know you won't tell anyone, I trust you." He sat himself back up onto the stool again. "It's about what we spoke about before… Seto hasn't been here all week. Well, I know he's been home, but his mind isn't at home – he's constantly working."

Joey wanted to interject, break it to Mokuba that Seto seemed to always be constantly working, but he let it slide. He didn't want the only nice person in the house to hate him.

"I mean, last night I was getting a drink, and he'd fallen asleep on his keyboard. I woke him and told him to go to bed, but he started working again." Mokuba's voice had a risen a few tones above normal. "Joey, I'm really worried. I read online that if you don't get enough sleep you'll die! I don't want Seto to die. He's-"

"Mokuba, enough," Joey held up his hands to stop the teen. Never before had he seen a child so worried before. I was almost scary, and maddening. Joey wanted to march up to Kaiba's office, and shout at his inconsiderate boss until he couldn't even whisper, but instead, he put a reassuring hand on Mokuba's shoulder. "What do you want me to do, Mokuba? I can't just order him to bed and force him to eat…"

"Oh, but you can Joey!"

It was the blonde's turn to worry. "And how may that happen?"

"Well, when I tell Seto to do something, he'll always make an excuse. I can't force him to go sleep or leave his office, because I'm too small. But you, Joey, are just as strong as Seto, and-"

"Hell no Mokuba! No way! I don't care how much that bas-, I mean, person isn't sleeping, I am not forcing Seto freakin' Kaiba to bed!" He folded his arms across his chest as if to make his point final.

Mokuba's reaction was not what he'd expected. He thought he'd get angry, possibly force him into doing it. Hit him, or just become insulted. He did not expect Mokuba to start crying, but he did.

"P-Please Joey! P-Please…" He pressed his hands to his face, turning away from the blonde.

Joey jumped form the chair and rushed over to Mokuba. "I'll do it, alright? Please stop crying! If Seto walks in now, I'm dead…" he gave Mokuba an awkward pat on the shoulder as he ceased crying almost immediately.

The younger Kaiba brother launched an attack-like hug on Joey, shouting his thanks and the blonde struggled to keep his balance.

"Just remember to tell him that I told you to do it, okay?" He said, after releasing Joey from his bone-crushing embrace. Joey noted with slight suspicion the noticeable lack of tears on his face.

Before he could question him, Mokuba stood up and Joey simply watched him go, a slight sense of regret already growing in the back on his mind. He didn't want to see Mokuba unhappy, but he knew no matter how hard he tried, he would never be able to simply tell Kaiba what to do. Half of the population bought his products. He had power over people, so there was no way in hell that he'd simply comply with the blonde. Even if he did tell him that it was Mokuba's orders…

xXx

The day dragged on as normal. Kaiba returned at the reasonable time of ten pm, almost knocking over Joey in a flurry to get to his beloved office. He had barely even look back after knocking the surprised housekeeper over, but what he saw during his brief glance made him laugh. He had managed to knock the blonde and an enormous pile of laundry to the floor.

"Kaiba… bastard… damn…" were a selective few words to be heard as Joey scrambled to pick up his now-ruined ironing. It had taken him ages to finish it all. While it wasn't Kaiba's fault, he felt an apology would be in order. Though, judging by the snappy mood his boss had been in all week, Joey decided to let it slide just this once.

Joey proceeded to refold all the clothes, finishing the last item at a few minutes short of midnight. Yawning, he set the clothes down in the living room, promising himself he'd put them away tomorrow. He made his way to his room, knowing the route like the back of his hand. He couldn't believe he had gotten lost before – the Kaiba mansion wasn't as big as it seemed at the start. He was surprised he had the routes memorised after only a week.

Passing Kaiba's office, Joey was surprised to see the computer on and the CEO not there. Walking in, he flicked on the light switch, suddenly noticing the strangest thing he'd seen all week - the CEO fast asleep on his keyboard.

Putting aside all negative thoughts he had about Kaiba, Joey found him to be a lot more… Pleasant when he was asleep. For starters, the blonde thought, crouching on his knees to see eye-level with the brunet, he's not bad-mouthing me. And he's not frowning down on everything and anyone…

Remembering what he had promised Mokuba – begrudgingly, of course - Joey switched off the monitor as to not disturb whatever work Kaiba was doing. He took one last look at the Kaiba before him - sleeping peacefully, mouth open slightly, eyes flickering behind shut lids – before he put a hand on the CEO's shoulder and gently shook him awake, calling his name. The blonde only noticed then how he had never seen Kaiba look so tranquil before, even if his eyes were lined with dark circles, his skin paler and more drained looking than ever.

It took a while, but Kaiba opened his blue eyes and stared, sleepy and confused, at Joey. "What?" He yawned, sitting up. "What the hell are you doing?"

The housekeeper stood up, backing away slightly. He missed sleeping, nice Kaiba already... "You fell asleep, and-"

"Idiot! If I fall asleep in here, leave me alone," he snapped, glaring at the blonde.

He's just like a grumpy child… Joey thought, rolling his eyes at Kaiba's attitude. He turned to leave, but Mokuba's advice popped into his head. Sighing inwardly, Joey reached down and took the CEO's wrist, pulling him out of the chair and out of the office. The brown haired man protested, trying to pull away, but Joey was stronger than he looked. He had Kaiba's wrist in a vice-like grip, and he wasn't let go. He had a promise that he had to keep.

"What the…? What are you doing…!" It was more of a question than a statement. Joey wasn't sure what Kaiba was feeling more – surprise, or resentment. His employee had just pulled him from his office, but the blonde 'mutt' was touching him.

"Wheeler, I swear, if you don't let me go, there will be war!"

"No can do, Mr. Kaiba," he said, not allowing any emotion to creep into his deadpan voice. As much as Joey wanted to tease and taunt his employer, he was beginning to recognise his place. If it wasn't for Mokuba, he would have just left Kaiba sleep in his office all night.

"I-If you don't unhand me right now, I'll make sure your out of here by-" The CEO was cut off by a door slamming. They had reached Kaiba's room. He had been too busy trying to wrestle Joey off to notice. The blonde guided a furious Kaiba further into the room and, finally, let his wrist go. He turned and started looking through Kaiba's clothes drawer, ignoring the other man.

"You better have a good reason for this," the brown haired man said. He glanced at his watch momentarily, "It's almost half twelve. I still have several emails to write and-"

Suddenly, a white t-shirt hit the CEO in the face. He gasped and pulled it away to see his housekeeper standing before him, arms crossed, wearing an expression of up-most sternness.

"Put it on," he said.

Kaiba sneered. "And why should I take orders from you, Wheeler? I do hope you realise that I am this close to firing you. The only damn reason I haven't kicked you out yet is because I want you here long enough to give me a good explanation."

"Because, Seto," Joey grinned from ear to ear as he spoke, "These are Master Mokuba's orders. I am merely doing his bidding, Kaiba." He said the words 'master' and 'Kaiba' in such a skin-crawling flattering tone of voice that he could physically see Kaiba's temper rising.

The CEO gritted his teeth and gave a good, piercing glare towards the blonde. "… What did he say?"

Quiet enjoying his new-found power over the CEO, Joey pranced up to Kaiba, smiling wider. "That is confidential."

It was a rare sight to see the CEO of KaibaCorp simply give up, but he knew it was a futile situation. From the moment he saw Joey standing before him in his office, he had quiet an accurate suspicion that his darling younger brother was behind this all. Mokuba… You're too smart for your own good, Kaiba thought bitterly as he saw the smugness on Joey's face. He knows too damn much - using Wheeler like this against me… Evil, conniving little brat…

"Get out," he ordered his housekeeper, picking up the cloths which had been given to him.

"Sorry, can't. Mokuba's-"

"Orders, yes, I know." Kaiba changed under the watchful eye of the blonde, who preceded to hand him a pair of sweatpants. While Kaiba dressed, Joey neatly folded his suit and placed it in the wardrobe.

"You're done? Good. Now brush your teeth," he pointed to the bathroom.

Kaiba's expression hardened. "Oh hell no! I don't care what Mokuba told you to do, this is where I draw the line…" He made to step past Joey, but for the second time that day, the blonde caught his wrist and pulled him back. "What the hell do you think you're dong?"

"Mokuba's orders." Joey said flatly, "He made me promise you'd get a proper nights rest…" He caught the CEO's fuming gaze and sighed. "Look, I don't want to do this any more than you do. Just… Do it for Mokuba, okay?"

"Just remember who ultimately pays your wages, and then decide whose side to take," Kaiba said, wrenching his hand back, and storming into his bathroom, making a deal out of slamming the door and making as much noise possible while he was in there. Outside, Joey smirked to himself. Kaiba was such a child sometimes. Occasionally, more than Mokuba.

Mokuba… It made him wonder slightly, how Kaiba's brother had this power over him. How by simply saying 'Mokuba said…', Kaiba would comply to his orders. Joey wasn't a fool, and he was starting to suspect something was going on between the two Kaiba brothers, and that strange adoption rejection form he had seen several days ago. That issue hadn't been forgotten yet, and as far as Joey was concerned, wouldn't be until his curiosity was satisfied.

The bathroom door swung open and Kaiba stalked out. He glared at Joey before heading over to his bed. The servant bowed slightly and murmured 'good night'. He left the room as Kaiba turned off the light.

Joey knew better than anyone Kaiba wouldn't fall asleep quickly. He slid down onto the ground beside the door and brought his knees to his chest. He gave Kaiba five minutes, tops, before he snuck back out again to his office.

As predicted, thirty seconds later, there was movement to be heard behind the door to Kaiba's room. Joey heard the soft 'click', and stood up quickly. The door creaked open, and Kaiba walked out, not making any sound. That was when Joey pounced.

"Ahhh- WHO THE FUCK- WHEELER?"

Joey had tried to catch Kaiba's arm, but the brunet threw him against the wall. There was much scrambling and cursing, and suddenly the hall was illuminated – Kaiba had found the light switch.

"Why were you standing outside my room?" Kaiba demanded, holding Joey in place by fistfuls of his shirt.

"To make sure you didn't do exactly what you were doing right now!" He tried to struggle free, but Kaiba wasn't having any of it. "I made a promise to your little brother, and I intend on keeping it. I knew you'd sneak back to your precious work, I just knew it!"

Kaiba's response was a gaze so murderous it made Joey tremble slightly. "You idiot. I was going to get a drink..."

Joey gave a sarcastic laugh, regardless of the current situation. "Pfft. 'Drink' my ass…"

Kaiba's expression was nothing less than furious. Even Joey, despite Mokuba's assurance that Kaiba wouldn't harm him, was becoming more nervous. His cold blue eyes were calculating something bad - Joey could tell simply by the way Kaiba was starting to smirk. "You seem very adamant on keeping promise to my little brother, mutt." He let go of Joey's shirt and took a step while speaking. "My first instinct was to fire you, but I've realised I'd have a better task for someone so… Keen on looking after my well-being." He tuned towards his door. "Have the usual morning chores finished by eight am tomorrow. I have a new use for you."

With that, he shut his bedroom door in Joey's face, leaving him in the dead silence of the corridor.

Ha! I invent the word impossible. That's why I am the champ. Whether I like it or not.

Joey gave the fridge door a good slam as he retrieved a tray of eggs from inside. It was early Sunday morning, so early that even Kaiba hadn't woken yet. That was mainly the reason Joey was working on breakfast at this ungodly hour – to avoid all interactions with his employer for the day.

Kaiba had been completely stubborn all week. On the plus side, the housekeeper hadn't seen nor heard from him a lot - he was working late into the night, and leaving without taking any breakfast in the morning. He had spent the majority of the day at his main KaibaCorp office. The minus to all this was that when Kaiba was at home, he was even more stoic and snappy than usual. After the disastrous first two days of his new job, Joey had kept his head down and worked steadfastly, making sure to stay on top of everything and anything. He'd avoided every possible situation where he would have to be in the same room as Kaiba.

The reason behind all this was Yugi's college-leaving party, of course. Joey had been naïve enough to believe if he remained reserved to himself and kept the 'ticking Kaiba off' business to a minimum, he'd be allowed go.

As expected, his hopes were shattered pretty quickly.

Last night, a mere hour before the scheduled kick-off of the get-together, Joey had knocked on Kaiba's door. Several minutes later, he was standing before the CEO, feeling confident he'd be granted one, measly afternoon off.

Once again, he was wrong.

Not only had Kaiba disallowed him to go to his best friend's once-in-a-lifetime party, he banished him to the library to dust off every book, and resort them in alphabetical order by author.

The task itself took Joey the rest of the afternoon, and most of the night. He didn't even make it to his bedroom when he'd finished - he had fallen asleep in a small armchair in the library corner. Unfortunately, this nap was short-lived thanks to Kaiba's obnoxious grandfather clock ringing loudly at five am.

Which incidentally brought him to the current location - the kitchen.

Joey cracked several eggs into a bowl and began whisking the living daylights out of them. After several seconds, his arm hurt, but he kept going. He needed somewhere to take out his frustration, so a good place to start was Kaiba's breakfast. His only regret was that he hadn't stocked up on poison while shopping the day before…

Yugi had been disappointed, as expected, when Joey had called him. He'd offered to speak to Kaiba, but Joey reasoned that he'd receive nothing less than week's worth of torture from his employer. Also, while Yami may be gone, Yugi was starting to act more and more like him everyday, which was a good and bad thing. It compensated for his height, oddly, but it also managed to scare the hell out of everyone. While Joey highly doubted that Yugi could force Kaiba to let him take the evening off, he was sure that whatever anger his employer would have towards the tri-coloured haired teen would be taken out on the blonde instead.

Joey popped the pancake mixture in the fridge to settle and took a seat at the rarely-used breakfast bar. The sun was barely poking up over the horizon as he folded his arms across the table and rested his head gently down. It seemed that he had only closed his eyes and dozed off when someone was poking him awake again.

"Joey, finally!" Mokuba stood before him, dressed and smelling of peppermint. He gave the blonde a wide smile as he sat up and yawned. "I've been poking you for five minutes."

"S-Sorry!" He quickly slid off the chair and hurried his way to the fridge. "I'll have your breakfast ready as soon as I can, Mokuba."

The younger brother rolled his eyes as he hoisted himself up onto the stool Joey had just been resting on. "Take your time. Seto won't be having breakfast; it's just me." His voice was somewhat forlorn. It made Joey tense up a little; he could sense Mokuba wanted to talk, no doubt about his brother.

Joey was in no mood to make promises or chat about Seto's well-being. While he did think that Mokuba was a great kid and he totally respected him for his dedication to his brother, Joey was adamant on not getting involved. It seemed the only person who could exercise some control over Kaiba was Mokuba. What more could a mere housekeeper do?

Keeping quiet as he cooked, Joey waited for Mokuba to speak. However, the younger sibling remained mute until Joey had place the plate before him and told him to eat. He hoisted himself onto the chair opposite Mokuba, watching him pile pancakes onto his plate, avoiding Joey's piercing gaze.

After a minute, Joey asked, "What's up?"

The teen looked up, almost innocently. "What do you mean, Joey?"

"You know what I mean," he replied, "What's with 'the look'?" He took a bite from his food, eyes still on Mokuba.

"… Nothing's up."

They lapsed into silence. Sometime during the meal, they heard the front door slam. Mokuba gave an irritated sigh and dropped his cutlery back onto the plate. "I'm not hungry anymore," he said.

Joey pretended to look hurt, which worked excellently.

"N-not that it's your cooking, Joey! It's fantastic! It's just…"

The blonde raised an eyebrow. "Just…?" Mokuba didn't reply, which only egged on Joey further. He sighed and finished his food before asking, "You can tell me, Mokuba, I promise I won't tell anyone." He caught Mokuba's eyes and smiled. "I swear on my red eyes card."

His comment made Mokuba smile momentarily. "I know you won't tell anyone, I trust you." He sat himself back up onto the stool again. "It's about what we spoke about before… Seto hasn't been here all week. Well, I know he's been home, but his mind isn't at home – he's constantly working."

Joey wanted to interject, break it to Mokuba that Seto seemed to always be constantly working, but he let it slide. He didn't want the only nice person in the house to hate him.

"I mean, last night I was getting a drink, and he'd fallen asleep on his keyboard. I woke him and told him to go to bed, but he started working again." Mokuba's voice had a risen a few tones above normal. "Joey, I'm really worried. I read online that if you don't get enough sleep you'll die! I don't want Seto to die. He's-"

"Mokuba, enough," Joey held up his hands to stop the teen. Never before had he seen a child so worried before. I was almost scary, and maddening. Joey wanted to march up to Kaiba's office, and shout at his inconsiderate boss until he couldn't even whisper, but instead, he put a reassuring hand on Mokuba's shoulder. "What do you want me to do, Mokuba? I can't just order him to bed and force him to eat…"

"Oh, but you can Joey!"

It was the blonde's turn to worry. "And how may that happen?"

"Well, when I tell Seto to do something, he'll always make an excuse. I can't force him to go sleep or leave his office, because I'm too small. But you, Joey, are just as strong as Seto, and-"

"Hell no Mokuba! No way! I don't care how much that bas-, I mean, person isn't sleeping, I am not forcing Seto freakin' Kaiba to bed!" He folded his arms across his chest as if to make his point final.

Mokuba's reaction was not what he'd expected. He thought he'd get angry, possibly force him into doing it. Hit him, or just become insulted. He did not expect Mokuba to start crying, but he did.

"P-Please Joey! P-Please…" He pressed his hands to his face, turning away from the blonde.

Joey jumped form the chair and rushed over to Mokuba. "I'll do it, alright? Please stop crying! If Seto walks in now, I'm dead…" he gave Mokuba an awkward pat on the shoulder as he ceased crying almost immediately.

The younger Kaiba brother launched an attack-like hug on Joey, shouting his thanks and the blonde struggled to keep his balance.

"Just remember to tell him that I told you to do it, okay?" He said, after releasing Joey from his bone-crushing embrace. Joey noted with slight suspicion the noticeable lack of tears on his face.

Before he could question him, Mokuba stood up and Joey simply watched him go, a slight sense of regret already growing in the back on his mind. He didn't want to see Mokuba unhappy, but he knew no matter how hard he tried, he would never be able to simply tell Kaiba what to do. Half of the population bought his products. He had power over people, so there was no way in hell that he'd simply comply with the blonde. Even if he did tell him that it was Mokuba's orders…

xXx

The day dragged on as normal. Kaiba returned at the reasonable time of ten pm, almost knocking over Joey in a flurry to get to his beloved office. He had barely even look back after knocking the surprised housekeeper over, but what he saw during his brief glance made him laugh. He had managed to knock the blonde and an enormous pile of laundry to the floor.

"Kaiba… bastard… damn…" were a selective few words to be heard as Joey scrambled to pick up his now-ruined ironing. It had taken him ages to finish it all. While it wasn't Kaiba's fault, he felt an apology would be in order. Though, judging by the snappy mood his boss had been in all week, Joey decided to let it slide just this once.

Joey proceeded to refold all the clothes, finishing the last item at a few minutes short of midnight. Yawning, he set the clothes down in the living room, promising himself he'd put them away tomorrow. He made his way to his room, knowing the route like the back of his hand. He couldn't believe he had gotten lost before – the Kaiba mansion wasn't as big as it seemed at the start. He was surprised he had the routes memorised after only a week.

Passing Kaiba's office, Joey was surprised to see the computer on and the CEO not there. Walking in, he flicked on the light switch, suddenly noticing the strangest thing he'd seen all week - the CEO fast asleep on his keyboard.

Putting aside all negative thoughts he had about Kaiba, Joey found him to be a lot more… Pleasant when he was asleep. For starters, the blonde thought, crouching on his knees to see eye-level with the brunet, he's not bad-mouthing me. And he's not frowning down on everything and anyone…

Remembering what he had promised Mokuba – begrudgingly, of course - Joey switched off the monitor as to not disturb whatever work Kaiba was doing. He took one last look at the Kaiba before him - sleeping peacefully, mouth open slightly, eyes flickering behind shut lids – before he put a hand on the CEO's shoulder and gently shook him awake, calling his name. The blonde only noticed then how he had never seen Kaiba look so tranquil before, even if his eyes were lined with dark circles, his skin paler and more drained looking than ever.

It took a while, but Kaiba opened his blue eyes and stared, sleepy and confused, at Joey. "What?" He yawned, sitting up. "What the hell are you doing?"

The housekeeper stood up, backing away slightly. He missed sleeping, nice Kaiba already... "You fell asleep, and-"

"Idiot! If I fall asleep in here, leave me alone," he snapped, glaring at the blonde.

He's just like a grumpy child… Joey thought, rolling his eyes at Kaiba's attitude. He turned to leave, but Mokuba's advice popped into his head. Sighing inwardly, Joey reached down and took the CEO's wrist, pulling him out of the chair and out of the office. The brown haired man protested, trying to pull away, but Joey was stronger than he looked. He had Kaiba's wrist in a vice-like grip, and he wasn't let go. He had a promise that he had to keep.

"What the…? What are you doing…!" It was more of a question than a statement. Joey wasn't sure what Kaiba was feeling more – surprise, or resentment. His employee had just pulled him from his office, but the blonde 'mutt' was touching him.

"Wheeler, I swear, if you don't let me go, there will be war!"

"No can do, Mr. Kaiba," he said, not allowing any emotion to creep into his deadpan voice. As much as Joey wanted to tease and taunt his employer, he was beginning to recognise his place. If it wasn't for Mokuba, he would have just left Kaiba sleep in his office all night.

"I-If you don't unhand me right now, I'll make sure your out of here by-" The CEO was cut off by a door slamming. They had reached Kaiba's room. He had been too busy trying to wrestle Joey off to notice. The blonde guided a furious Kaiba further into the room and, finally, let his wrist go. He turned and started looking through Kaiba's clothes drawer, ignoring the other man.

"You better have a good reason for this," the brown haired man said. He glanced at his watch momentarily, "It's almost half twelve. I still have several emails to write and-"

Suddenly, a white t-shirt hit the CEO in the face. He gasped and pulled it away to see his housekeeper standing before him, arms crossed, wearing an expression of up-most sternness.

"Put it on," he said.

Kaiba sneered. "And why should I take orders from you, Wheeler? I do hope you realise that I am this close to firing you. The only damn reason I haven't kicked you out yet is because I want you here long enough to give me a good explanation."

"Because, Seto," Joey grinned from ear to ear as he spoke, "These are Master Mokuba's orders. I am merely doing his bidding, Kaiba." He said the words 'master' and 'Kaiba' in such a skin-crawling flattering tone of voice that he could physically see Kaiba's temper rising.

The CEO gritted his teeth and gave a good, piercing glare towards the blonde. "… What did he say?"

Quiet enjoying his new-found power over the CEO, Joey pranced up to Kaiba, smiling wider. "That is confidential."

It was a rare sight to see the CEO of KaibaCorp simply give up, but he knew it was a futile situation. From the moment he saw Joey standing before him in his office, he had quiet an accurate suspicion that his darling younger brother was behind this all. Mokuba… You're too smart for your own good, Kaiba thought bitterly as he saw the smugness on Joey's face. He knows too damn much - using Wheeler like this against me… Evil, conniving little brat…

"Get out," he ordered his housekeeper, picking up the cloths which had been given to him.

"Sorry, can't. Mokuba's-"

"Orders, yes, I know." Kaiba changed under the watchful eye of the blonde, who preceded to hand him a pair of sweatpants. While Kaiba dressed, Joey neatly folded his suit and placed it in the wardrobe.

"You're done? Good. Now brush your teeth," he pointed to the bathroom.

Kaiba's expression hardened. "Oh hell no! I don't care what Mokuba told you to do, this is where I draw the line…" He made to step past Joey, but for the second time that day, the blonde caught his wrist and pulled him back. "What the hell do you think you're dong?"

"Mokuba's orders." Joey said flatly, "He made me promise you'd get a proper nights rest…" He caught the CEO's fuming gaze and sighed. "Look, I don't want to do this any more than you do. Just… Do it for Mokuba, okay?"

"Just remember who ultimately pays your wages, and then decide whose side to take," Kaiba said, wrenching his hand back, and storming into his bathroom, making a deal out of slamming the door and making as much noise possible while he was in there. Outside, Joey smirked to himself. Kaiba was such a child sometimes. Occasionally, more than Mokuba.

Mokuba… It made him wonder slightly, how Kaiba's brother had this power over him. How by simply saying 'Mokuba said…', Kaiba would comply to his orders. Joey wasn't a fool, and he was starting to suspect something was going on between the two Kaiba brothers, and that strange adoption rejection form he had seen several days ago. That issue hadn't been forgotten yet, and as far as Joey was concerned, wouldn't be until his curiosity was satisfied.

The bathroom door swung open and Kaiba stalked out. He glared at Joey before heading over to his bed. The servant bowed slightly and murmured 'good night'. He left the room as Kaiba turned off the light.

Joey knew better than anyone Kaiba wouldn't fall asleep quickly. He slid down onto the ground beside the door and brought his knees to his chest. He gave Kaiba five minutes, tops, before he snuck back out again to his office.

As predicted, thirty seconds later, there was movement to be heard behind the door to Kaiba's room. Joey heard the soft 'click', and stood up quickly. The door creaked open, and Kaiba walked out, not making any sound. That was when Joey pounced.

"Ahhh- WHO THE FUCK- WHEELER?"

Joey had tried to catch Kaiba's arm, but the brunet threw him against the wall. There was much scrambling and cursing, and suddenly the hall was illuminated – Kaiba had found the light switch.

"Why were you standing outside my room?" Kaiba demanded, holding Joey in place by fistfuls of his shirt.

"To make sure you didn't do exactly what you were doing right now!" He tried to struggle free, but Kaiba wasn't having any of it. "I made a promise to your little brother, and I intend on keeping it. I knew you'd sneak back to your precious work, I just knew it!"

Kaiba's response was a gaze so murderous it made Joey tremble slightly. "You idiot. I was going to get a drink..."

Joey gave a sarcastic laugh, regardless of the current situation. "Pfft. 'Drink' my ass…"

Kaiba's expression was nothing less than furious. Even Joey, despite Mokuba's assurance that Kaiba wouldn't harm him, was becoming more nervous. His cold blue eyes were calculating something bad - Joey could tell simply by the way Kaiba was starting to smirk. "You seem very adamant on keeping promise to my little brother, mutt." He let go of Joey's shirt and took a step while speaking. "My first instinct was to fire you, but I've realised I'd have a better task for someone so… Keen on looking after my well-being." He tuned towards his door. "Have the usual morning chores finished by eight am tomorrow. I have a new use for you."

With that, he shut his bedroom door in Joey's face, leaving him in the dead silence of the corridor.

Ha! I invent the word impossible. That's why I am the champ. Whether I like it or not.

Luke Moore

Sidera nostra contrahent solem lunamque

As travars

Pyromancer

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.

I don't want you to die, I want you to suffer.

http://www.youtube.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq1P9E9EUuQcom/watch?v=Jq1P9E9EUuQ

~brrrrrrrrrrrrr~

je hoofd zwelt op en je vliegt weg, dan schrik je wakker in de wachtkamer van plastische chirurgie (waah weg hier, ik wil geen opgezwollen hoofd net als in de droom)

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Obtainable

As travars

"A weed is simply a flower that somebody has decided is in the wrong place." Sister Monica Joan, Call the Midwife

Emily Elizabeth Johnson
    Zayn nam mijn hand en trok mij de trap op, waarna hij mij een kamer introk. Ik liet me neerploffen op het bed, waarna hij langs mij kwam zitten. Ik richtte mijn blik op de grond, ik was niet goed in dit soort dingen. Ik zag vanuit mijn ooghoeken hoe hij zijn hand naar mijn gezicht toebracht, waarna hij zijn vinger onder mijn kin zette en mijn hoofd draaide richting de zijne. Ik beet op mijn lip toen hij wat korter bij mij kwam zitten. 'Niet zo verlegen.' Mompelde hij.

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.

- It wasn't your fault, it was mine for believing every word u said -