• The saviour walks amongst us
    yet is not one of our kind
    But save the day he will thus
    do not search him and you’ll find
    the saviour of the dawn light
    to touch our precious land
    will make with fantasy and mind bright
    Pride Rock forever stand.

Many ages and generations have passed since Simba reclaimed the Pride Lands. For nearly a century, the Kingdom has known nothing but prosper under the reign of the most adequate Kings. But now a grave danger, far worse than Scar’s miserable attempt to bring together lions and hyena’s, threatens to undo all Simba and his offspring have worked to establish. Time has come for the young King and his family to leave Pride Rock and search for the one an ancient prophecy has declared will salvage them when Darker Times are coming. Having nothing but the saviour’s name, they set out on a hazardous journey. But time is urgent, and not everyone can be trusted. Will the Pride Lands stay touched by the sun, or shall they meet their end soon?

When a young human receives a peculiar book for his/her birthday, he/she is immediately fascinated by the tale of young lion who does not fit in with his family. The book draws him/her in so much a brittle connection between the two develops. Every time the youngster opens the book, it is as if he/she becomes one with the lion.

Little does anyone know that the saviour the lions are looking for has been journeying with them from the very start.

Roles:
    King
    Qeto – Chamberlain - Theodora
    Neo - Javert
    Akua - SneakyDom
    Lioness reserved for Yoda
    Lioness reserved for GhostCider
    Lioness
    Lioness

1 Human (male or female)

Rules:
    - English only
    - Minimum of eight lines per post
    - Maximum of two characters p.p.
    - OOC between brackets or in Chat Topic
    - No perfect players
    - No killing characters without permission of the owner
    - Characters can fight, but keep it friendly between players
    - Wait 2-3 posts before replying again

Lion Rules
    The Lions can talk and make animal noises, just like in The Lion King.
    The King has privileges and is to be treated with respect at all times
    There can be traitors amongst the lions
    They do not know what danger they are up against, nor who the saviour is

Human rules
    The Human cannot speak directly to all Lions, but develops a deep connection with the Chamberlain as the story goes. At times of great emotions he/she is able to direct Qeto’s actions.
    The Human can alter the situation by “reading” the book. She/he is able to say what happens to the Lions, e.g. : it starts to rain, they run into a pack of hyena’s, they see a herd of antelope, etc. The Lions are to take this into consideration. (Basically the Human is the storyteller.)

Profile for Lions

Role:
    Name:
    (caution: the story is set in Africa, please find a name to match it. Mary, Ryan, etc. are hardly African sounding names, one name is enough –no surnames required)
    Sex:
    Sexuality:
    Fur colour:
    Mane colour
    (not lionesses):
    Eye colour:
    Characteristics:
    (minimum of ten lines)
    Appearance:
    Create your own lion here. It’s very basic but if needed you can send it over to me and I can try and pixel a bit to make it more personal.
    Lineage (family):
    Extra:

Profile for Human does not have to be African

Role:
    Full name:
    Ethnicity:
    Characteristics:
    (minimum of ten lines)
    [/b]Appearance:
    Family + History:
    Extra:[/b]

[ bericht aangepast op 3 juni 2013 - 21:04 ]

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

So excited for this :3

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

:3 KITTIES! I can't wait to start this o.o

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

Role: Lion, chamberlain (court advisor)
    Name: Qeto
    Date of birth: July 20th
    Sex: Male
    Sexuality: Straight
    Fur colour: sandy brown
    Mane colour: black
    Eye colour: brown
    Characteristics:
    Qeto is by nature a very calm person. He will rarely be irked, but if there is one thing that enrages him it is injustice and deceit. He has a very high sense of honour and will always try to do the right thing, whether it makes him popular or not.
    Yet Qeto is very sensitive and insecure as well, he easily doubts himself and has a hard time making friends and expressing his feelings. This, in combination with his ancestry, often makes the other lions suspect him having some traits of Scar.
    When social contact is not involved, Qeto is not easily scared. This might seem contrastive with his being insecure but he just realises he has very little to lose and he will go at great lengths to save what he holds dear. Family is everything to Qeto and even though he speaks little, he loves being around his relatives and the others.
    Even when there’s no danger, Qeto hates to just sit around and have nothing to do. Therefore he will often join the lionesses when they go hunting. It’s not custom for a lion to kill his own prey, but Qeto prefers it this way. That way he is sure he has a good meal. He will share his kill, but only after he’s had his fill. Qeto can be quite selfish sometimes. This comes from always having been the outcast when he was a cub. The other cubs, being young, often teased him about being a descendant of Scar.
    When Qeto commits to something, he will not give up until he’s reached whatever he set out to do. His mother always told him that he can do anything he believes he can, and it’s a motto he’s stuck to ever since.
    When you get to know Qeto a bit better, you’ll find that beneath the shy and quiet exterior there is actually a really warm and funny lion. Qeto loves to joke, but usually keeps his witty comments to himself. Only when someone has proven they’re worth his trust will Qeto open up a little. When he does, he is the most loyal friend anyone could wish for.
    He is in general a very faithful person and tries to always tell the truth, when he is in the position to do so. If he cannot tell the truth, Qeto prefers to keep quiet or steer the conversation in another direction.
    Qeto has a light form of insomnia. When he’s fallen asleep he will not easily wake up but it can take him up to hours to calm down to actually fall asleep. It helps when he takes a walk, but he doesn’t like to wander too far and he wouldn’t want to wake the other so usually he just stays put and stays awake.
    Qeto is a graceful lion, from the way he walks to the way he fights. Yet often he manages to trip over his own paws and more than once he blurted out things at the most horrible times.
    When Qeto cuts you out of his life, which he rarely does, he always has a good reason and there’s no way of getting back in.

Appearance:

Keto is not very big nor very small for a lion his age. He is however quite muscular.
    His black manes give him an air of mystery and on his left flank he has a big scar he’s gotten when fighting an intruding lion.

Lineage:
    Qeto is the last descendant of Scar.
    His mother has always protected him and raised him to prevent him turning out like his ancestor. Qeto loves his mother, Zithra, very much. He hasn't been the same since she has passed away. She died after being bitten by an alligator in the water pool. She made it back to Pride Rock but bled out. Qeto never knew his father.
    Qeto would love to have cubs of his own one day, but he has no hopes for it.

Extra:
    Qeto has been madly in love with Akua ever since they were cubs. But he's convinced that she'd never feel the same way so he just keeps quiet about it and tries to be subtle, as if nothing is going on.

[ bericht aangepast op 2 juni 2013 - 20:45 ]

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Now excuse me while I badger my lion-obsessed sister into helping me make my kitty :') I know nothing about Lions.....

.. To join or not to join, that is the question..

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

OHMYGOODNESS.

This seems so awesome, but I have no time at all. Stupid exams. Anyway, I'm adding this to my topics so I can find it back if I want to join when I do have time again.

Not sure if I got the grammar right in that sentence...

help

Yoda schreef:
    .. To join or not to join Which role to choose, that is the question..

:Y)

Raziel schreef:
    OHMYGOODNESS.

This seems so awesome, but I have no time at all. Stupid exams. Anyway, I'm adding this to my topics so I can find it back if I want to join when I do have time again.

Not sure if I got the grammar right in that sentence...

Long sentence but a correct one indeed :')

Yoda schreef:

Join :3 I'll give you a hug.

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Yoda schreef:

Join, naturally xD Or Javert will throw you in jail! O.O

:3 Mijn Topics!

[ bericht aangepast op 2 juni 2013 - 19:43 ]

Okay. Which role to choose then? x'D
    Because I don't knooow D: I doubt I'd be a good king. I'd be a freaking tyrant. 'Bitch, go and make me a sammich. Now.'
    I might go and make a lioness.. Yeah. maybe. Help?

SneakyDom schreef:
    (...)

Join, naturally xD Or Javert will throw you in jail! O.O

I will. (cat)

Elise, is er een deadline voor wanneer je de profielen wilt?

I'd like to have them by next Sunday :3

Yoda schreef:
    Okay. Which role to choose then? x'D
    Because I don't knooow D: I doubt I'd be a good king. I'd be a freaking tyrant. 'Bitch, go and make me a sammich. Now.'
    I might go and make a lioness.. Yeah. maybe. Help?

Since when do lions eat sandwiches? :Y)

It's up to you, dear ^^

Theodora schreef:
    (...)

Since when do lions eat sandwiches? :Y)

It's up to you, dear ^^

Since now. They make their own bread!