• It was the year 2156 when scientists finally discovered a new way of creating life. By manipulating artificial genes and growing the fetus in a tube, they were able to created 'the perfect Human being'. They were rumoured to have no flaws and to look as beautiful as any child celebrity. Their hair- and eye-colour could, according to the advertisement, range from red to blue and everything in between. Naturally, rich people all around the world put in an order for one of these 'perfect children'. Eventually, 23 orders were accepted. And in May 2157, the first batch of these 'Beauties' was born. The first one on the 2nd of May, the second on the 3rd, etc. And for a while, everything was great. They had loving parents. A home. They were loved. They were happy.
    And then everything took a dark turn.

On the 25th of May, in the year 2162, one little Beauty developed a 'Gift'. This boy, the first successfully born prototype, is publicly known as Zero. It was his sixth birthday party when the tragedy happened. The other 23 Beauties had been invited for this celebration, because it was not only Zero's birthday, but also the anniversary of the scientific break-through that made the Beauties possible. It was a very nice and relaxed meeting. The parents chatted, the children played... Until Little Zero passed out.
    When he awoke, Zero was not the same. His voice was ancient and loud. He spoke his first prophecy.
    “These Gifts of Beauty,
    They are the work of an empty man.
    To retrieve your soul,
    Follow my words as close as you can.”
    When the little boy made eye contact with one of the other Beauties, he would loose control of his own body and speak a prophecy. Each prophecy leads, according to Little Zero, to their 'soul'. Back then, nobody understood what the little boy meant. They didn't understand why Little Adam, Beauty #21, needed to find "A dame with hair as white as frost, to whom beauty is never lost. Her head is always full of dreams, yet frozen in time is how she seems."
    Then the Beauties grew up. And as each of them hit the age of six, they all developed a Gift. Several kids were suddenly making fire dance on their fingertips, while others could bend the will of their parents or heal small wounds and injuries. The world panicked. The Gifts were strange, weird, and sometimes even dangerous.
    It wasn't until the end of June, one month after the last Beauty had received their gift, that things escalated. Beauty #18 had been brutally attacked on the street by a frightened woman. The six year old boy had been strangled to death, despite his efforts to fight her off.
    People everywhere were demanding the death of these children. It was obvious that they were getting too powerful. Apart from their Gifts, they were also stronger and faster than the average Human. They really did seem perfect.
    Until exactly five months after their birthdays. Because on that day, they became colour blind and they stopped being able to taste and smell things completely. The children had lost a part of themselves. The only explanation the parents had, was Zero's line. “They need to find their soul,” he'd said seriously on his birthday. The scientists said it was complete fantasy and just said it was a fault in their genes. Yet, the world was convinced that, without finding this one 'person' the Gifted would be unable to reach their 'soul' and their full power. And they were happy with that.

Eventually, it was decided that the children would be imprisoned, away from humanity. A small island in the Indian Ocean was used to build two prison camps. Each camp would hold twelve of the 'Gifted' as they were now labelled. Light-weight metal gauntlets were made for their hands. This special type of metal would prevent the children from using their Gifts.
    Ever since these 24 Gifted children were seven years old, they've been locked up in the prison camps. It is now the year 2175. Most Gifted are now 18 years old. This roleplay follows their story and their struggle.

This roleplay follows the twelve oldest Gifted, their four guards and two scientists. The Gifted each have their own cell. The guards and scientists all have their own flat on the premises. The staff is concluded by two ladies who clean and cook the meals.
    Before you do anything, please carefully read the summary in the spoiler above.
    It's also a good idea to read:
    About the Gifted
    About the Gifts
    About the Prophecies
    About the Guards and Scientists
    About the Prison
    Roleplay Rules
    Profiles

Roles:
    We're full

Gifted:
    *Zero ¦ [Zero] (Born on 25-04-2156) (Lizz/Javert)
    *Elanori Zarafina Bertarinne ¦ [First] (Born on 02-05-2157) (Vera/GwenxVeer)
    * ¦ [Second] (Born on 03-05-2157) (L/Lolicia)
    * ¦ [Third] (Born on 04-05-2157)
    *Laron Caldre Barrineau ¦ [Fourth] (Born on 05-05-2157) (Sam/Yoda)
    * ¦ [Fifth] (Born on 06-05-2157)
    *Ophelia Wynter Sfinkx ¦ [Sixth] (Born on 07-05-2157) (Elise/Gatsby)
    * ¦ [Seventh] (Born on 08-05-2157)
    * ¦ [Eighth] (Born on 09-05-2157) (Simone/Ubiquitous)
    * ¦ [Ninth] (Born on 10-05-2157) (Melissa/After)
    *Lenore Elín Sappheire Callas ¦ [Tenth] (Born on 11-05-2157) (Cheryl/Maniae)
    *Mischa Remy Aznabaev ¦ [Eleventh] (Born on 12-05-2157) (Amy/SneakyDom)

Guards:
    * ¦ Head guard (Lizz/Javert)
    *Vanellope Westerfeld ¦ Guard #1 (Amy/SneakyDom)
    *Eduard Novak ¦ Guard #2 (Kaat/TicTac)
    * ¦ Guard #3 (Cheryl/Maniae)

Scientists:
    * ¦ Head scientist ]
    * ¦ Assistant (Elise/Gatsby)

Chat-Topic!

- English only
    - 10 line minimum per post; (20 minimum if you have two characters in the post)
    - 2 characters maximum;
    - Anything unrelated to the RPG in the chat topic;
    - No killing a character without permission of the owner;
    - No 'perfect characters'. Each character must have a few flaws;
    - Wait 2-3 posts before replying again;
    - You do not have to fall in love with the person the prophecy leads you to!
    - Please read the story carefully before making your character!
    - We start the RPG on Friday, the 28th of June, around eight p.m. If this is a problem, please contact me.
    - This roleplay is not meant to fill it's topics in a day. Take your time with your posts. We can be patient. Quality over speed, please.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Okay guys, listen up!
    I will read each character before I put it in the story.Ii will check all requirements and might ask you to make some changes.

I have also heard some complaints about the weight.height of some characters. They may be in a prison, but they are still fed. they are not supposed to be severely underweight. Please use a BMI meter. These 'anorexia' type weights that some characters here have, are making several other people uncomfortable due to personal experience.

This is not an angry announcement, just please have a review of your character's height and weight. Thank you.

And please inform me when your character is finished so I can approve it.

[ bericht aangepast op 27 juni 2013 - 12:40 ]

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Okay, we still have one Gifted left, guys! You're allowed two characters: Who wants him?

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Javert schreef:
    Okay, we still have one Gifted left, guys! You're allowed two characters: Who wants him?
    I'll give a try :Y)

Sidera nostra contrahent solem lunamque

Silverton schreef:
    (...)I'll give a try :Y)

Thank you darling, that means we're finally full. ^^

question: How about the clothes of the guards?
    Do they have an uniform are not? x3

-Hi, I'm Andy, also freaking out- Andy Gallagher

TicTac schreef:
    question: How about the clothes of the guards?
    Do they have an uniform are not? x3

Yeah, they wear uniforms
    Thank you for asking, this info will be added to the story.

Javert schreef:
    (...)

Thank you darling, that means we're finally full. ^^
    No probs, I will fill them both in tomorrow or one tommorrow and one tonight...

Sidera nostra contrahent solem lunamque

Eh, I think I'll pass. I'm sorry. ><

I have zero inspiration for this character and I don't think it'll come anytime soon, either.

I'm really sorry, this really does seem like an awesome RPG.

help

Rydel schreef:
    Eh, I think I'll pass. I'm sorry. ><

I have zero inspiration for this character and I don't think it'll come anytime soon, either.

I'm really sorry, this really does seem like an awesome RPG.

Atleast you're being honest. Thanks for your interest.

Does anyone want that female Guard?

Javert schreef:
    (...)

Atleast you're being honest. Thanks for your interest.

Does anyone want that female Guard?

Hmm, I can give it a try.

To the stars who listen — and the dreams that are answered

Maniae schreef:
    (...)

Hmm, I can give it a try.

It's yours. ^^

Full Name: Eduard Novak
    Nickname: Ed
    Date of birth: 25 may
    Sex: Male
    Sexuality: Hetero
    Ethnicity: Russian
    Trained in the following fighting styles: Aikido, Kickboxing, Karate
    Language: English, Russian
    Religion: Christian
    Mother: Elizabeth McCadden [died]
    Father: Dymtri Henry Novak
    Siblings: none
    Family life: The only family he has left, are his uncle and aunt from mother’s side.
    Height: 5.74ft
    Weight: 11 stone
    Looks:

Eduard has messy, black hair that’s never really in shape. It's always like he just gets out of bed, but that’s not difficult if you only go through it with your hand. He has bright blue eyes where you can read the kindness in. If you look in his eyes, you can look right in his soul and if he’s lying or not. They always said that eyes are the doors of the soul, something what’s true in his case. Like every man he has a few stubbles on his cheeks, what mostly grow out to a beard when he don’t have the change to shave. Previously he usually wore clothes that were, along with a brown raincoat. His father gave him before he went abroad an nothing more was heard from him. Eduard wore that coat every day and now it hangs on a chair because he had to change it for the uniform. He wanted to throw it away on the moment his father disappeared because he left him alone. The man was actually really angry, but yet he kept the coat. It is the only thing that he has from his father and now he would rather die than throw it away. For the rest he has an entire collection of old watches and books. He likes things that come from the time when the world was still a little normal and people still had to work to get certain things.
    Likes: Shakespeare, the color purple, old watches, his coat.
    Dislikes: Small rooms, his asthma
    Characteristics: It’s not really difficult to describe Eduard in a few words. He’s kind, has a good sense of humor and tries to help people where he can. Of course he had a few vices, like everyone. He isn’t very patience and can become irritated if people are slow of understanding and he has to explain things like twenty times. Lying is something that you shouldn’t do around him. You can try, but if he find it out, he wouldn’t talk to you for weeks. He isn’t really that kind of person that yells at people or hurt them. He’s only very disappointment when people hurt him one way or another and he would show that. Eduard is compassionate, mind that the children never had a real life and that they probably would never get. He tries to be like a father to them, tries to teach them the things he knows because he sees them as normal people with special abilities who have the right to know all the things other children learn too. Of course he has to do his job and would never let them free without permission from the chief. Eduard don’t want to lose his job, not only because he wants to make his father proud, but also because he saw the children grow up and lives almost as long as the children in the prison.

History: Elizabeth was on a holiday in Russia when she met Dymtri and it was love on the first sight. She stayed a few years and one thing led to another. She became pregnant and nine months later she gave birth to a boy. Eduards youth was pretty messed up. It was like his father never wanted to have a child and would rather kill himself than see how he would grow up. Elizabeth was the one take care of the boy once they moved to America. Dymtri always said that he was weak, a failure because Eduard had asthma and send the boy to different schools of martial arts to prove that he was right. Yet the boy brought everything to a good end, got the black belt in aikido and karate and was very good at kickboxing when he was 18, but he had to stop but he had to stop because his asthma was getting worse and worse. His father left two years later after he bought a raincoat for his son and his mother died on cancer. Eduard got a job by a local prison and was transferred to the prison where they were put the gifted at the age of twenty-six. After eleven years, he still walks around and tries to leave his past behind as well as possible.

Good, when something is wrong just say it. spelling mistakes and stuff may also be reported x)

[ bericht aangepast op 20 juni 2013 - 21:51 ]

-Hi, I'm Andy, also freaking out- Andy Gallagher

Castieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

Full Name: Rourke Ryan Reid.
    Nickname: R, because all his names begins with the letter 'R'.
    Date of birth: Born on 03-05-2157
    Sex: Male.
    Sexuality: Heterosexual.
    Ethnicity:
    Gift: Earth, water, electricity. (I'm doubting which one it should be.)
    Language: English
    Religion:
    Mother: Amaniah.
    Father: Dead.
    Siblings: He is an only child.
    Family life:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Looks: Rourke has a sharp jaw line, what is beautiful with his full lips. His hair color is a beautiful brown color, it has something of chocolate brown. Rourke actually does nothing to his hair, except that his hands get through his hair and he does some water through his hair.
    Rourke his eyes are brown, with light shades of green through it. In the sun you can better see the green tones in his eyes.
    He doesn't burn quickly in the sun and although he doesn't like the sun; he is often outside, because of the nature. He has a nice tanned skin. He likes to exercise and to work on his body. When he does this, he becomes one with nature and that gives him a good feeling. And it is a bonus that his body is looking good and is well cared.
    Likes: Sport, serious and profound conversations, freedom, laws and meanings.
    Dislikes: Bound to a place, obligations, waiting, getting too many details to hear.
    Characteristics: Rourke has a positive view of the world and is a spirited person with full of adventure in itself. He loves to travel, mainly because his mind is always open to explore new things. He is ambitious and remains so even - even if the hope is too far to look.
    He can handle many setbacks, without being really touched by it. He is an honorable, honest guy and has something for justice. He usually is on the side of the oppressed in society and is willing to be rebellious, to fight for what he believes of his goal where he believes in.
    Rourke is a humble guy, so you don't see him quickly on the foreground. Although Rourke have a abstruse and open mind. He is good at seeing forward, judge the situation and is a witty interlocutor.
    But all in all, Rourke has tended to be quickly getting upset about the smallest things and can be very dominant. He is also very carefree. He does things without really thinking and not let things get too close to him, which seldom happens.
    In love he is ardent and sincere, but when he becomes counteracted and it overshadows his life, he can take revenge simply to become cynical to the opposite sex. If he has a good relationship, he is a very dependable person and he does not thrown away the trust that he deserved of his beloved. But he can be impulsively angry and knows exactly how to touch his enemies.
    History: [Minimum: 10 lines]

Will be edited once I'm ready with another role.

[ bericht aangepast op 22 juni 2013 - 1:06 ]

Don't walk. Run, you sheep, run.

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Full Name: Alexandra Raven Skarsgård -might change -
    Nickname: Lexi
    Date of birth:
    Sex: Female
    Sexuality: Straight
    Ethnicity: Norwegian
    Trained in the following fighting styles: Kickboxing, Capoeira, Jiu Jitsu
    Language: She's fluent in all of the Scandinavian languages (Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian) and English
    Religion: Although she's raised with protestantism, she doesn't really believe in God. At least not thay God has created the world.
    Mother: Caroline Strøm
    Father: Edvin Skarsgård
    Siblings: One older brother, Matias
    Family life:
    Height: 5.6
    Weight: 138.2 lbs
    Looks:

Dislikes: The uniform
    Characteristics:
    History:

[ bericht aangepast op 23 juni 2013 - 21:45 ]