• It was the year 2156 when scientists finally discovered a new way of creating life. By manipulating artificial genes and growing the fetus in a tube, they were able to created 'the perfect Human being'. They were rumoured to have no flaws and to look as beautiful as any child celebrity. Their hair- and eye-colour could, according to the advertisement, range from red to blue and everything in between. Naturally, rich people all around the world put in an order for one of these 'perfect children'. Eventually, 23 orders were accepted. And in May 2157, the first batch of these 'Beauties' was born. The first one on the 2nd of May, the second on the 3rd, etc. And for a while, everything was great. They had loving parents. A home. They were loved. They were happy.
    And then everything took a dark turn.

On the 25th of May, in the year 2162, one little Beauty developed a 'Gift'. This boy, the first successfully born prototype, is publicly known as Zero. It was his sixth birthday party when the tragedy happened. The other 23 Beauties had been invited for this celebration, because it was not only Zero's birthday, but also the anniversary of the scientific break-through that made the Beauties possible. It was a very nice and relaxed meeting. The parents chatted, the children played... Until Little Zero passed out.
    When he awoke, Zero was not the same. His voice was ancient and loud. He spoke his first prophecy.
    “These Gifts of Beauty,
    They are the work of an empty man.
    To retrieve your soul,
    Follow my words as close as you can.”
    When the little boy made eye contact with one of the other Beauties, he would loose control of his own body and speak a prophecy. Each prophecy leads, according to Little Zero, to their 'soul'. Back then, nobody understood what the little boy meant. They didn't understand why Little Adam, Beauty #21, needed to find "A dame with hair as white as frost, to whom beauty is never lost. Her head is always full of dreams, yet frozen in time is how she seems."
    Then the Beauties grew up. And as each of them hit the age of six, they all developed a Gift. Several kids were suddenly making fire dance on their fingertips, while others could bend the will of their parents or heal small wounds and injuries. The world panicked. The Gifts were strange, weird, and sometimes even dangerous.
    It wasn't until the end of June, one month after the last Beauty had received their gift, that things escalated. Beauty #18 had been brutally attacked on the street by a frightened woman. The six year old boy had been strangled to death, despite his efforts to fight her off.
    People everywhere were demanding the death of these children. It was obvious that they were getting too powerful. Apart from their Gifts, they were also stronger and faster than the average Human. They really did seem perfect.
    Until exactly five months after their birthdays. Because on that day, they became colour blind and they stopped being able to taste and smell things completely. The children had lost a part of themselves. The only explanation the parents had, was Zero's line. “They need to find their soul,” he'd said seriously on his birthday. The scientists said it was complete fantasy and just said it was a fault in their genes. Yet, the world was convinced that, without finding this one 'person' the Gifted would be unable to reach their 'soul' and their full power. And they were happy with that.

Eventually, it was decided that the children would be imprisoned, away from humanity. A small island in the Indian Ocean was used to build two prison camps. Each camp would hold twelve of the 'Gifted' as they were now labelled. Light-weight metal gauntlets were made for their hands. This special type of metal would prevent the children from using their Gifts.
    Ever since these 24 Gifted children were seven years old, they've been locked up in the prison camps. It is now the year 2175. Most Gifted are now 18 years old. This roleplay follows their story and their struggle.

This roleplay follows the twelve oldest Gifted, their four guards and two scientists. The Gifted each have their own cell. The guards and scientists all have their own flat on the premises. The staff is concluded by two ladies who clean and cook the meals.
    Before you do anything, please carefully read the summary in the spoiler above.
    It's also a good idea to read:
    About the Gifted
    About the Gifts
    About the Prophecies
    About the Guards and Scientists
    About the Prison
    Roleplay Rules
    Profiles

Roles:
    We're full

Gifted:
    *Zero ¦ [Zero] (Born on 25-04-2156) (Lizz/Javert)
    *Elanori Zarafina Bertarinne ¦ [First] (Born on 02-05-2157) (Vera/GwenxVeer)
    * ¦ [Second] (Born on 03-05-2157) (L/Lolicia)
    * ¦ [Third] (Born on 04-05-2157)
    *Laron Caldre Barrineau ¦ [Fourth] (Born on 05-05-2157) (Sam/Yoda)
    * ¦ [Fifth] (Born on 06-05-2157)
    *Ophelia Wynter Sfinkx ¦ [Sixth] (Born on 07-05-2157) (Elise/Gatsby)
    * ¦ [Seventh] (Born on 08-05-2157)
    * ¦ [Eighth] (Born on 09-05-2157) (Simone/Ubiquitous)
    * ¦ [Ninth] (Born on 10-05-2157) (Melissa/After)
    *Lenore Elín Sappheire Callas ¦ [Tenth] (Born on 11-05-2157) (Cheryl/Maniae)
    *Mischa Remy Aznabaev ¦ [Eleventh] (Born on 12-05-2157) (Amy/SneakyDom)

Guards:
    * ¦ Head guard (Lizz/Javert)
    *Vanellope Westerfeld ¦ Guard #1 (Amy/SneakyDom)
    *Eduard Novak ¦ Guard #2 (Kaat/TicTac)
    * ¦ Guard #3 (Cheryl/Maniae)

Scientists:
    * ¦ Head scientist ]
    * ¦ Assistant (Elise/Gatsby)

Chat-Topic!

- English only
    - 10 line minimum per post; (20 minimum if you have two characters in the post)
    - 2 characters maximum;
    - Anything unrelated to the RPG in the chat topic;
    - No killing a character without permission of the owner;
    - No 'perfect characters'. Each character must have a few flaws;
    - Wait 2-3 posts before replying again;
    - You do not have to fall in love with the person the prophecy leads you to!
    - Please read the story carefully before making your character!
    - We start the RPG on Friday, the 28th of June, around eight p.m. If this is a problem, please contact me.
    - This roleplay is not meant to fill it's topics in a day. Take your time with your posts. We can be patient. Quality over speed, please.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Okay guys, listen up!
    I will read each character before I put it in the story.Ii will check all requirements and might ask you to make some changes.

I have also heard some complaints about the weight.height of some characters. They may be in a prison, but they are still fed. they are not supposed to be severely underweight. Please use a BMI meter. These 'anorexia' type weights that some characters here have, are making several other people uncomfortable due to personal experience.

This is not an angry announcement, just please have a review of your character's height and weight. Thank you.

And please inform me when your character is finished so I can approve it.

[ bericht aangepast op 27 juni 2013 - 12:40 ]

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Javert schreef:
    (...)

I'm counting on it that you'll attempt to post. Do you think you can reach the 10-line limit?

I'm not sure. Sometimes I think I can reach (if the iPad allows me to do that) and sometimes it won't work, because of the iPad -.- That stupid thing doesn't understand English and changes it to Dutch words

It finally happened - I'm slightly mad! ~ Queen

GhostCider schreef:
    (...)

I'm not sure. Sometimes I think I can reach (if the iPad allows me to do that) and sometimes it won't work, because of the iPad -.- That stupid thing doesn't understand English and changes it to Dutch words

That's why I'm being slightly skeptical about you joining, sweetie. I don't mean it offensive or anything, but in the rules I do ask for good, long, quality posts. And you did barely participate in Treasure Chests. I really don't mean to sound mean :'D

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Javert schreef:
    (...)

That's why I'm being slightly skeptical about you joining, sweetie. I don't mean it offensive or anything, but in the rules I do ask for good, long, quality posts. And you did barely participate in Treasure Chests. I really don't mean to sound mean :'D

I understand, but sometimes.. I just forget about it because school asked time for a project. When this RP starts, it's holiday. I can try to post at least once a day and if I don't, you may slap me in the face, with a chair made of lead

GhostCider schreef:
    (...)

you can shut it off, the autocorrect I mean...

Sidera nostra contrahent solem lunamque

But half July I'm on vacation, and I don't have any connection with the internet there, it's like the middle of nowhere

Silverton schreef:
    But half July I'm on vacation, and I don't have any connection with the internet there, it's like the middle of nowhere

As I mentioned, we can be patient. I'm sure a lot of people will go on vacation soon. This roleplay is not supposed to go super fast. We take our time. So even if you go away for two weeks, you won't miss five topics. (:

Silverton schreef:
    (...)you can shut it off, the autocorrect I mean...

I know, but it's not my iPad. It's my stepdad's

Lizz, I have an idea. I just follow this RP, just reading it. Kay?

Javert schreef:
    (...)

As I mentioned, we can be patient. I'm sure a lot of people will go on vacation soon. This roleplay is not supposed to go super fast. We take our time. So even if you go away for two weeks, you won't miss five topics. (:
    Okay ^^ Haha it's like a rehab, no internet and barely a proper mobile phone connection

Silverton schreef:
    (...)
    Okay ^^ Haha it's like a rehab, no internet and barely a proper mobile phone connection

Poor you! Hope you survive... I had that last year when I was in France. My father used all of the internettime we had and I had to write, while he was checking his shares -.-

GhostCider schreef:
    (...)

Poor you! Hope you survive... I had that last year when I was in France. My father used all of the internettime we had and I had to write, while he was checking his shares -.-
    Go to Norway it's more worse

[ bericht aangepast op 20 juni 2013 - 14:48 ]

Silverton schreef:
    (...)Go to Norway it's more worse

Why?

GhostCider schreef:
    (...)

Why?
    Because there is NO internet

Silverton schreef:
    (...)Because there is NO internet

Awe, wish you lots of succes

Full Name: Avalon Ireth Primula Anárion
    Nickname: Ava
    Date of birth: The 10th of May
    Sex: Female
    Sexuality: She is heterosexual
    Ethnicity: Scandinavia
    Gift: Bend the will of humans
    Language: Englisch, Norwegian
    Religion: Atheist
    Mother: Lorette Kathlin Fresco
    Father: Roger Philip Anárion
    Siblings: Kimberley Lolita Anárion and Philip Robin Anárion
    Family life:
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 121 lbs
    Looks:

Picture:

Avalon has long, blonde, curly hair, which is at the top of her head a lighter blonde than at the bottom. She is very carefull with it, and she takes care of it every day. Her eyes are dark-blue, with an inside of a lighter blue and little green dots in it. Her lashes are long, black and thick. Ava her cheeks have a few cute freckles, which are annoying her pretty much. Before she was in prison, she was wearing a lot of skater and vintage clothes.
    Dislikes: Girls with too much make-up, people who are always happy, the prison.
    Characteristics:Avalon has an extremely compassionate side to her personality and is quick to help others, especially those who are defenceless. She almost constantly gives off an aura of serenity and composure, rarely displaying intense emotions of anger or fear.
    History:

[A little start of my role :3]

[ bericht aangepast op 23 juni 2013 - 13:01 ]

These rings that I'm breaking are making you a personal debt.