• It was the year 2156 when scientists finally discovered a new way of creating life. By manipulating artificial genes and growing the fetus in a tube, they were able to created 'the perfect Human being'. They were rumoured to have no flaws and to look as beautiful as any child celebrity. Their hair- and eye-colour could, according to the advertisement, range from red to blue and everything in between. Naturally, rich people all around the world put in an order for one of these 'perfect children'. Eventually, 23 orders were accepted. And in May 2157, the first batch of these 'Beauties' was born. The first one on the 2nd of May, the second on the 3rd, etc. And for a while, everything was great. They had loving parents. A home. They were loved. They were happy.
    And then everything took a dark turn.

On the 25th of May, in the year 2162, one little Beauty developed a 'Gift'. This boy, the first successfully born prototype, is publicly known as Zero. It was his sixth birthday party when the tragedy happened. The other 23 Beauties had been invited for this celebration, because it was not only Zero's birthday, but also the anniversary of the scientific break-through that made the Beauties possible. It was a very nice and relaxed meeting. The parents chatted, the children played... Until Little Zero passed out.
    When he awoke, Zero was not the same. His voice was ancient and loud. He spoke his first prophecy.
    “These Gifts of Beauty,
    They are the work of an empty man.
    To retrieve your soul,
    Follow my words as close as you can.”
    When the little boy made eye contact with one of the other Beauties, he would loose control of his own body and speak a prophecy. Each prophecy leads, according to Little Zero, to their 'soul'. Back then, nobody understood what the little boy meant. They didn't understand why Little Adam, Beauty #21, needed to find "A dame with hair as white as frost, to whom beauty is never lost. Her head is always full of dreams, yet frozen in time is how she seems."
    Then the Beauties grew up. And as each of them hit the age of six, they all developed a Gift. Several kids were suddenly making fire dance on their fingertips, while others could bend the will of their parents or heal small wounds and injuries. The world panicked. The Gifts were strange, weird, and sometimes even dangerous.
    It wasn't until the end of June, one month after the last Beauty had received their gift, that things escalated. Beauty #18 had been brutally attacked on the street by a frightened woman. The six year old boy had been strangled to death, despite his efforts to fight her off.
    People everywhere were demanding the death of these children. It was obvious that they were getting too powerful. Apart from their Gifts, they were also stronger and faster than the average Human. They really did seem perfect.
    Until exactly five months after their birthdays. Because on that day, they became colour blind and they stopped being able to taste and smell things completely. The children had lost a part of themselves. The only explanation the parents had, was Zero's line. “They need to find their soul,” he'd said seriously on his birthday. The scientists said it was complete fantasy and just said it was a fault in their genes. Yet, the world was convinced that, without finding this one 'person' the Gifted would be unable to reach their 'soul' and their full power. And they were happy with that.

Eventually, it was decided that the children would be imprisoned, away from humanity. A small island in the Indian Ocean was used to build two prison camps. Each camp would hold twelve of the 'Gifted' as they were now labelled. Light-weight metal gauntlets were made for their hands. This special type of metal would prevent the children from using their Gifts.
    Ever since these 24 Gifted children were seven years old, they've been locked up in the prison camps. It is now the year 2175. Most Gifted are now 18 years old. This roleplay follows their story and their struggle.

This roleplay follows the twelve oldest Gifted, their four guards and two scientists. The Gifted each have their own cell. The guards and scientists all have their own flat on the premises. The staff is concluded by two ladies who clean and cook the meals.
    Before you do anything, please carefully read the summary in the spoiler above.
    It's also a good idea to read:
    About the Gifted
    About the Gifts
    About the Prophecies
    About the Guards and Scientists
    About the Prison
    Roleplay Rules
    Profiles

Roles:
    We're full

Gifted:
    *Zero ¦ [Zero] (Born on 25-04-2156) (Lizz/Javert)
    *Elanori Zarafina Bertarinne ¦ [First] (Born on 02-05-2157) (Vera/GwenxVeer)
    * ¦ [Second] (Born on 03-05-2157) (L/Lolicia)
    * ¦ [Third] (Born on 04-05-2157)
    *Laron Caldre Barrineau ¦ [Fourth] (Born on 05-05-2157) (Sam/Yoda)
    * ¦ [Fifth] (Born on 06-05-2157)
    *Ophelia Wynter Sfinkx ¦ [Sixth] (Born on 07-05-2157) (Elise/Gatsby)
    * ¦ [Seventh] (Born on 08-05-2157)
    * ¦ [Eighth] (Born on 09-05-2157) (Simone/Ubiquitous)
    * ¦ [Ninth] (Born on 10-05-2157) (Melissa/After)
    *Lenore Elín Sappheire Callas ¦ [Tenth] (Born on 11-05-2157) (Cheryl/Maniae)
    *Mischa Remy Aznabaev ¦ [Eleventh] (Born on 12-05-2157) (Amy/SneakyDom)

Guards:
    * ¦ Head guard (Lizz/Javert)
    *Vanellope Westerfeld ¦ Guard #1 (Amy/SneakyDom)
    *Eduard Novak ¦ Guard #2 (Kaat/TicTac)
    * ¦ Guard #3 (Cheryl/Maniae)

Scientists:
    * ¦ Head scientist ]
    * ¦ Assistant (Elise/Gatsby)

Chat-Topic!

- English only
    - 10 line minimum per post; (20 minimum if you have two characters in the post)
    - 2 characters maximum;
    - Anything unrelated to the RPG in the chat topic;
    - No killing a character without permission of the owner;
    - No 'perfect characters'. Each character must have a few flaws;
    - Wait 2-3 posts before replying again;
    - You do not have to fall in love with the person the prophecy leads you to!
    - Please read the story carefully before making your character!
    - We start the RPG on Friday, the 28th of June, around eight p.m. If this is a problem, please contact me.
    - This roleplay is not meant to fill it's topics in a day. Take your time with your posts. We can be patient. Quality over speed, please.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Okay guys, listen up!
    I will read each character before I put it in the story.Ii will check all requirements and might ask you to make some changes.

I have also heard some complaints about the weight.height of some characters. They may be in a prison, but they are still fed. they are not supposed to be severely underweight. Please use a BMI meter. These 'anorexia' type weights that some characters here have, are making several other people uncomfortable due to personal experience.

This is not an angry announcement, just please have a review of your character's height and weight. Thank you.

And please inform me when your character is finished so I can approve it.

[ bericht aangepast op 27 juni 2013 - 12:40 ]

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

GwenxVeer schreef:
    Full name : Elanori Zarafina Bertarinne
    Nickname : eli
    Date of birth : 02-05-2157
    Sex : female
    Sexuality : hetero
    Ethnicity : Italian
    Gift : water
    Language : English / Italian
    Religion : none
    Mother : Alice Dionna Bertarinne
    Father : George Luciano Bertarinne
    Siblings : an older brother, Giovanni Lucio Bertarinne
    Family life : Elanori's parents have always spoiled her, she never missed anything. She has a good relationship with her ​​brother, even though they are different in many ways. When she was six, she got her gift, which changed the relationship between her and her brother. He thought she hated him because he is normal. He was no longer with Elanori to, to annoyance with their parents. From then Elanori and Giovanni barely spoke to each other, even if they are brother and sister.
    Height : 1.87
    Weight : 65
    Looks :

Likes : Books, non-fiction, drawing, rain, her fuzzle friend mia, which is a little bunny, people like her
    Dislikes : humans, except her parents, science, fire
    Characteristics : Elanori is recognizable everywhere by her cheerful, somewhat chaotic way of doing things. Even in prison remains Elanori often cheerful. But, behind this smile hides a side of her that she does not like to show.
    History :

The rest in on theorie way ;)

[ bericht aangepast op 27 juni 2013 - 11:38 ]

I'm F.O.O.D.: Fan Of One Direction, problems?

Okay guys, listen up!
    I will read each character before I put it in the story. i will check all requirements and might ask you to make some changes.

I have also heard some complaints about the weight.height of some characters. They may be in a prison, but they are still fed. they are not supposed to be severely underweight. Please use a BMI meter. These 'anorexia' type weights that some characters here have, are making several other people uncomfortable due to personal experience.

This is not an angry announcement, just please have a review of your character's height and weight. Thank you.

[ bericht aangepast op 22 juni 2013 - 12:56 ]

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

ok poseidon's Bmi is good, but I will fill both roles in tomorrow of the day after that, because I have to search all my books together -_-

Sidera nostra contrahent solem lunamque

Mischa's and Vanellope's are good ^^ I picked their weight off of a BMI chart to make sure they were healthy...
    really not good with the whole anorexia thing, i'ma hide from here till it's over

I like bananas! :3

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

SneakyDom schreef:
    Mischa's and Vanellope's are good ^^ I picked their weight off of a BMI chart to make sure they were healthy...
    really not good with the whole anorexia thing, i'ma hide from here till it's over

I like bananas! :3

You can hide at my place?

It finally happened - I'm slightly mad! ~ Queen

I pretty much always use a BMI meter when creating characters which have to have weight ^^ So Laron will be perfectly healthy ^^

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Yoda schreef:
    I pretty much always use a BMI meter when creating characters which have to have weight ^^ So Laron will be perfectly healthy ^^

Which is good. ^^
    But I have known people to pluck numbers from thin air, and I've had some complaints of people being uncomfortable. I sound like an angry dictator up there.. (cat) But I'm trying to make sure everyone can enjoy theirselves.

Eduards BMI is also good x)

-Hi, I'm Andy, also freaking out- Andy Gallagher

I think Dani is finished, though I could change some small things about it later. She's on page 5, javert. If there's something that has to be changed, tell me.

In the end the only person we love is ourselves, that's why we choose to love someone who can please us the most.

Full Name: Zero
    Nickname: He isn't aware if he has any nicknames.
    Date of birth: 25-04-2156
    Sex: Male
    Sexuality: Demisexual. This means that he cannot feel any romantic or sexual attraction towards a person until he develops a deep emotional connection with them.
    Ethnicity: Zero does not identify with any ethnic group, due to the way he was brought into this world. If asked, he just says he's white.
    Gift: The Gift of Prophecy
    Language: English
    Religion: Zero does not believe in any God, or follow any specific religion. He believes that there is no higher force than Humans, but he views them as Demons instead of Gods. He has a basic respect for Mother Nature and animals, but doesn't believe that any higher force created them.
    Family life: Zero does not have a mother, a father, or any siblings. As he was the prototype, he was never adopted. He lived in the science lab until he was seven. The famous 'birthday party' that was thrown for him when he turned six, was organised by the scientists, to show off their work. Zero does not attach any value to the word 'family'.
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 127 lbs
    Looks: Zero has simple white hair. His hair is quite fine and easily becomes charged with static electricity. He's very annoyed that he doesn't have a hoody, because he would love to hide his hair. His eyes are and unnatural ice-blue colour. They're framed by dark lashes. His emotions are often easily readable in these eyes, even if he attempts to hide them. He has a pale skin that would almost put a vampire to shame. He doesn't ever remember having colour on his cheeks or blushing. His face is heart-shaped. His lips are quite thin and have a light blue sheen over them, as if they're permanently frozen. His nose is slightly too large for his face and the thing he's most insecure about.
    As a kid, Zero wore a white shirt with black trousers. These were the only clothes provided for him in the research facility. When he got locked up with the other Gifted, he was given the same black prison uniform as everyone else.
    He is 5'8, and would love to be taller. He has a normal build, and isn't especially scrawny or muscled. For a Gifted child, Zero thinks he looks pretty normal.
    Likes: Knowledge, learning, asking questions, Greek and Roman mythology, Artemis (his stuffed animal.).
    Dislikes: Humans, physical contact, being stared at, not knowing what's going on, being confused, his nose, his hair.
    Characteristics: Zero is, on the surface, stubborn and distrusting. He doesn't trust anyone apart from his own mind, and will not be easily swayed into trusting others. If anyone tries talking to him, he's quite good at ignoring them. If they keep trying, he can become quite vocally aggressive. He has a short temper, and is not afraid to attack others or raise his voice. He not once in his life apologized to someone. He's skeptical about the Humans and will never trust them after the way he was treated as a kid. He's also skeptical about ever getting out of the prison.
    Under that, there is a better side of him. It's almost as if his personality has been split in half. The positive side lurks in his mind. This part of him is, despite his short-tempered nature, quite patient. It's strange, but even if Zero loses his temper, it will, for example, take a while before he becomes violent. Zero's patience and short-temperedness really depend on his situation and mood. He's usually quite confident, unless it's about his 'huge' nose, his static hair or his gift. Those are his weak points and the things he's most self-conscious about. He can be quite persistent, something that comes with being so stubborn. He's imaginative. He doesn't know anything about the other Gifted, but to entertain himself, he watches them and imagines what their lives must've been like. He creates whole story lines in his head for them. He's also quite observant. Despite imagining all these things, that doesn't mean he doesn't see what actually happens around him.
    History: Zero was born in a research facility outside of Castletown, on the Isle of Man. He had his own small room, where he spend most of his time. If he wasn't there, he was in the lab or the small library. When he was three, he was taught to read as part of an experiment. They wanted to see how long it would take for Zero to learn. He could read fluent English in three weeks. Ever since, he spend his time reading books on all sorts of subjects. There were no fiction books, but he easily made his way through books about medical conditions, animal behaviour, history and more. The scientists were friendly to him, but he had no real parental figure. He was told what to do, and that was it. It made Zero feel isolated and lonely.
    On his sixth birthday, everything went to hell. He developed his Gift and spoke 23 prophecies that day. He was taken away, locked in his room for weeks. Six year old Zero had no idea what was going on. He just knew he couldn't go to the library and he was getting his food through a cat-flap. He didn't know that in the outside world, people were panicking.
    After a month of being locked up, they released him. Experiments continued; Zero was allowed to read again. But the scientists weren't nearly as friendly. They treated him more like an animal than a boy, which caused Zero's attitude towards them to change. Instead of friendly answering any questions, he would keep to a confused silence. This confused quietness quickly turned into angry silence. He would get hit if he didn't speak quick enough. This resulted into Zero lashing out, trying to hit or bite the scientists. Eventually, they had to result to drugs or tasering to keep him calm.
    The tests increased once Zero was seven. The other Gifted had turned six and gotten their Gifts. All Zero would hear during these tests, was about the other Gifts and if he could do that too. And each time that he failed to perform a trick, he would feel more and more useless. He started to hate the scientists who hit him, tasered him, told him to do better, treating him like an animal that couldn't learn a certain trick. Zero hated the way he was treated. He hated how alone he was.
    He hated it even more when they started using him as a test subject for the gauntlets. Even though he had no Gifts other than the Prophecy one, the scientists still pushed him to try harder. Only after a month, they gave up and used someone else. Zero was confined to his small room again. A new scientist came by after a few weeks, giving him a stuffed animal. It was the shape of a bunny. The coat was fluffy, with black and yellow bumblebee-stripes. Zero has black and white vision, so he doesn't know what colours the animal is. He imagines it to be black and silver though. The lady said she was sorry. She didn't look like a scientist, but she looked quite official to Zero. She left. The day after, Zero was put on the boat with the other kids.
    Zero didn't respond well to prison. For weeks, he would try to attack the guards and refuse to eat. But hunger won out and Zero felt defeated. He didn't make friends with the other gifted. He didn't fight anymore. He just kept to himself and lived in the confined walls of his mind.
    Zero's only possession now is the stuffed animal, which he named Artemis, after the Greek goddess of the Hunt and the Moon. He doesn't like to be in the prison yard or the cafeteria and prefers to be in his cell. He doesn't like physical contact and hates it when anyone touches him. Despite the fact that all the Gifted can communicate telepathically, Zero has never had telepathic contact with someone. He's not scared of the powers he possesses; he just doesn't want contact with the others, who are supposedly 'better' than him. He doesn't hate them like he hates the Humans, but he doesn't think that the Gifted are superior either. He has accepted their fate of living in the prison until their death.

Ubiquitous schreef:
    I think Dani is finished, though I could change some small things about it later. She's on page 5, javert. If there's something that has to be changed, tell me.

She's been approved. x

Remember guys, when you finish your character, please let me know in here or my guestbook. Mention the page number, please, I'm a lazy cow. ^^

Mischa is page 1, oh darling lazy bugger of a fiancée :'D
    Vanellope is page 6

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

Javert schreef:
    (...)

She's been approved. x

Remember guys, when you finish your character, please let me know in here or my guestbook. Mention the page number, please, I'm a lazy cow. ^^

Great ^^ Maybe I'll change her gift to earth, haven't seen that one if I'm correct.

In the end the only person we love is ourselves, that's why we choose to love someone who can please us the most.

Ubiquitous schreef:
    (...)

Great ^^ Maybe I'll change her gift to earth, haven't seen that one if I'm correct.

You can take your time to make last-minute changes.
    I'm not putting anything in the story until... Tuesday, 25th of June. We're starting the 28th, so that gives me plenty of time to get everything ready.

But I would like all characters to be finished on the 27th at the very latest.

Javert schreef:
    (...)

You can take your time to make last-minute changes.
    I'm not putting anything in the story until... Tuesday, 25th of June. We're starting the 28th, so that gives me plenty of time to get everything ready.

But I would like all characters to be finished on the 27th at the very latest.
    Okay I will probably fill themm in tomorrow after hanging out woth my friends

Sidera nostra contrahent solem lunamque