• Ik moet samen met een vriendin van mij een engelse spreekoefening doen, en ik vroeg me af of er nog veel fouten in staan. Wat vinden jullie ervan?

Sport talk

o Hello every one. How are you today?
    o Yes, because today it’s the big day. The first day of the great Olympics!
    o Also this year there are lot of fantastic sportspeople who will fight for the victory.
    o Live from Iceland. We are here to tell you about their achievements. We, the sport commentators, Laura…
    o … and my lovely assistant: Luca.
    o What?! No, I’m not your assistant!
    o Keep believing that, honey.
    o We will both keep you posted about how the sportspeople are doing. They will reach for the victory with the thought “Faster, higher, stronger”.
    o What the hell? Are you kidding me? Why should the reach for the victory with the thought “Faster, higher, stronger”. That’s just ridiculous. I can feel they sport for the fame and the love, for their families, for themselves… Not for the victory, not for the money and not for the goblet/cup/medal. I’m very religious, you know.
    o Of course they do so, it's a lot of fun when you're rich and famous... You know, a pool, a Jacuzzi, a big house, wonderful!
    o I’m not listening to you anymore, you’re mad.
    o Not true, you’re the one who’s different; I’m normal, like all other people, including sportspeople.
    o Lalalala.
    o Grr, you silly woman.
    o I’m not listening to you.
    o If they want to win, than they should be “Faster, higher and stronger” than other people. ‘Cause otherwise they wouldn’t be able to defeat their competitors.
    o Why not? If they are smarter than them, they could beat them like that. (knipt met haar vingers)
    o Smarter? If they as smart as you are, then they are definitely not going to win. When you participate in the Olympics, you need to be strong and fast… (wordt onderbroken)
    o …ànd smart. It’s al about the tactic, my dear.
    o (zucht luidruchtig) There is no point of discussing with you. I’m right and you know it!
    o No, you’re not. I am àlways right, that’s just a fact.
    o There is no sense of talking with you any longer (draait haar rug om)
    o All right, fine. Then I will do all the work by my self. Today we start with the swimming contest. At least thirty contesters will fight for the fame. In about one hour they will all do their very best…
    o (terwijl ziet Luca de vulkaan die gaat uitbarsten) O God no! Look Laura!
    o What?
    o The volcano! It’s about to explode!
    o Yeah right. (rolt met haar ogen)
    o I’m not joking! See it yourself (wijst in de richting van de vulkaan)
    o O my god! Why didn’t you say that a little bit earlier? Come, we’ve got to go, right now! (staan recht)
    o Ooh, and keep watching.
    o Hurry up, assistant. It’s going to explode!
    o We will still keep you posted. Bye. (wuifkusje)

Laura xx

There has to be good, so that evil can kick its ass

Why should the reach for the victory with the thought “Faster, higher, stronger”.

die zin is niet af, of je moet the veranderen in they

o If they want to win, then they should be “Faster, higher and stronger” then other people. ‘Cause otherwise they wouldn’t be able to defeat their competitors.
    o Why not? If they are smarter then them, they could beat them like that. (knipt met haar vingers)

verder klopt ie volgens mij
    wel leuk verzonnen trouwens

Why don't you break my heart

DutchAngel schreef:
    Why should the reach for the victory with the thought “Faster, higher, stronger”.

die zin is niet af, of je moet the veranderen in they

o If they want to win, then they should be “Faster, higher and stronger” then other people. ‘Cause otherwise they wouldn’t be able to defeat their competitors.
    o Why not? If they are smarter then them, they could beat them like that. (knipt met haar vingers)

verder klopt ie volgens mij
    wel leuk verzonnen trouwens

Bedankt (flower)

Why not? If they are smarter than the others, they could beat them like that. (knipt met haar vingers)

I’m not joking! See it for yourself

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Artemis schreef:
    Why not? If they are smarter than the others, they could beat them like that. (knipt met haar vingers)

I’m not joking! See it for yourself

Dankje (K)