• Hier een nieuw topic na mijn ongelooflijk interessante 300ste bericht in het vorige.

National Novel Writing Month is weer begonnen.

Het doel van NaNoWriMo is om in één maand 50.000 woorden te schrijven. Je krijgt peptalks gestuurd om het vol te houden en het is natuurlijk een hele leuke ervaring. Vooral als je de 50.000 haalt.

En deze quizletters doen daar dit jaar aan mee:
    AfterToday - op nanowrimo.org
    Anhysbys
    Annwfyn
    Assassin - op nanowrimo.org
    Austen - op nanowrimo.org
    Brielle
    Bronte - op nanowrimo.org - 24 november
    Buddy
    C18
    CrazyChicken
    Defensive
    DirectionOne
    Edhelia
    Episkey
    Emrys
    Eurydice - op nanowrimo.org - 14 november
    Godess
    Hel - op nanowrimo.org - 15 november
    Joyable - op nanowrimo.org - 17 november
    LoQueSoy
    Mendacium
    Mutant
    Nightlock
    Oppugno -op nanowrimo.org - 23 november
    Pariah
    PixelPunk
    Pumpkins
    Sid
    Sjenkie - op nanowrimo.org
    Snatcher - 30 november
    Square - op nanowrimo.org - 30 november
    Starkiller
    Tempesta
    vocalizer
    Voiceless
    Wandless
    xMystic
    omymalfoy

Doe jij ook mee? Meld het even dan zet ik je erbij.

In dit topic kan je over NaNoWriMo praten en elkaar tips geven enzo.
    In dit topic kan je je vooruitgang zetten.

[ bericht aangepast op 1 dec 2011 - 21:26 ]

Carry me away, I hope that you don't break.

Abo!

Ex astris, sciencia

Bronte schreef:
    Abo!

comfort in c h a o s

Weer eentje. :'D Gaat zo snel.

Your make-up is terrible

Yeah, ik was al aan het wachten op de volgende :'D

Normality is a paved road: it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it.

@Tempesta Kunnen... kunnen... ik experimenteer maar wat (': Het is leuk tijdverdrijf, haha :'D

@Eurydice Je kunt het altijd proberen! Bespeel je instrumenten? :3

And now we're counting down to Phase Zero.

Tuntuntun :'D
    Dit moest dus iets zinnigs voorstellen.

@Joyable: Ik ben niet geweldig goed in een van deze dingen, maar ik kan een beetje piano en saxofoon. Oh, en blokfluit :'D
    Maar maar ik heb geen saxofoon of blokfluit bij de hand, dus ik denk dat ik het maar bij piano moet houden ):
    Maar die is heel erg vals D:

Ik moet nog inzendingen verbeteren, maar ook schrijven --'

comfort in c h a o s

Haha, ik haal het nu ook als ik nog maar honderd worden per dag schrijf :Y)

Eurydice schreef:
    @Joyable: Ik ben niet geweldig goed in een van deze dingen, maar ik kan een beetje piano en saxofoon. Oh, en blokfluit :'D
    Maar maar ik heb geen saxofoon of blokfluit bij de hand, dus ik denk dat ik het maar bij piano moet houden ):
    Maar die is heel erg vals D:

Dan kun je meer dan ik. Ik speel alleen piano (een aantal jaar). Ik wil nog gitaar kunnen spelen, maar ach. Dat wordt hem niet, haha. Maar saxofoon lijkt me echt heel cool. Wat stom dat je piano vals is, komt de pianostemmer niet langs dan? (':

Eurydice schreef:
    Haha, ik haal het nu ook als ik nog maar honderd worden per dag schrijf :Y)

Kan ik niet een paar woorden lenen?

Ex astris, sciencia

Bronte schreef:
    (...)

Jij hebt er zelf al zo veel (cat)

Normality is a paved road: it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it.

Voor degene die geen NaNo-account hebben en geen peptalks krijgen:

Fellow Writers,

I’m hoping your words are spilling out in fully formed plots, intriguing dilemmas, compelling characters, and sentences that feel vital and precise. But I well know that novels are unwieldy and that getting them under control can be like trying to herd planets into a line.

Here are a few tips that I’ve learned over the years.

1. Keep in mind the initial image that you had of your book. Writers often say that they were struck with an early image or tiny scene that filled them inexplicably with emotion and inspired them to create a story around it: the image of a woman leaving with a suitcase, the image of a car fallen into the ocean, or a mattress salesman staring across an expanse of beds. For the book I’m working on now, I have the image of thousands of flightless birds running across a field. What’s yours? Return to your image when you get stuck, recover its emotional power.

2. Write the plot of your book in a single sentence. The sentence should tell the action of the story, not describe the characters or the setting, except in a word or phrase. “A man of new money attempts to reclaim his lost love.” “A middle-aged man kidnaps his stepdaughter, with whom he is in love, and drives across the country.” I like to make my sentence a little exaggerated, a little dramatic, as if being read aloud by an announcer. Keep the sentence handy, and when you start to feel lost, look back at it and ask yourself: what can I write that will contribute to this plot? And don’t be afraid to change the sentence—stories change as we write them.

3. Have model novels in mind. I usually have a few books that I’m thinking about when I’m working, books that inspire me, books that face problems like my own book’s problems, books I’m talking to. And I seek other model novels as I write, I try to increase the list. I do not go back and reread the model novels until I’m done working on the book (I don’t want to be unduly influenced), so my model-novels list might include books I read twenty years ago, books I read last summer, and books I just read. Sometimes another person’s clear vision can help me define my own clear vision.

4. Keep to a routine. John Cheever apparently woke up each day at the same time, dressed in a suit, took the elevator down to the basement, and worked among the pipes.

5. Break your routine. The way NOT to break your routine is to NOT show up at your desk at the regular hour, but rather by surprising yourself with an extra hour and a different desk. If you never write at lunchtime, one day write at lunchtime. Craziness! If you never write in the airport, write in the airport! Wow! What a rush! (You have to feel a little sorry for writers, really.)

6. Before you go to sleep, lay out what you want to work on the next day and write a little note of direction, just a few words. I know for a fact that this is helpful and yet I regularly fail to do it, but whenever I do, it pays off.

7. Write the book that feels urgent to you, that feels like a contribution. Why else do it?

Looking forward to reading your accomplishments,

Deb Olin Unferth

Bronte schreef:
    (...)
    Ik betwijfel of het in je verhaal past ;'D
    Maar maar dan is het sowieso minder leuk want dan heb je het niet zelf gedaan. Dus haal motivatie uit het feit dat het dus mogelijk is en schrijven met die handel :'D

Ik loop echt elke keer vast met mijn plotloze verhaal. D:

Your make-up is terrible