• Treasure Chests

All That Glitters Isn't Gold

Magic: It's still very much alive in this world. Warlocks, masters of this magic, still live among us, hidden from Human sight. A few centuries ago, a strong warlock made a very strange discovery. When too much magic manifests in an infant's body, it crystallises in the infant's chest in the form of a gemstone. These 'Gem children' grow up as very sickly babies before turning into very strong humans. The warlocks did not care for the child and killed it to harvest the gemstone from its chest. For a while, the warlock was the most powerful of his kind thanks to the raw power of this gemstone. Then his secret came out.
    Ever since, the Gem children have been ruthlessly hunted down. Rare as they are, they already face extinction. Not all Warlocks could be bothered to hunt for this power. And this was how the Hunters were created. Humans were chosen to be charmed with a special strength, and they were blackmailed into doing the Warlocks' dirty work. This was easy until one exceptionally strong Warlock, Raisa Romaine Dvornikov, build a house and charmed it to protect the Gemchildren. Any gemchild was welcome, but Hunters would be unable to breath when they crossed the threshold into the building.
    This RPG follows the gemchildren, the warlocks, their hunters and their stories.

RPG Rules
    1)English only
    2)6 line minimum per post; (12 minimum if you have two characters in the post)
    3)2 characters maximum;
    4)Anything unrelated to the RPG in the chat topic;
    5)No killing a character without permission of the owner;
    6)No 'perfect characters'. Each character must have a few flaws;
    7)Wait 2-3 posts before replying again;

Rules related to Gemhearts
    1)They must have one personality trait that related to their Heartstone; (Find the list of traits here)
    2)They can only use their special ability when they are holding a stone similar to their heartstone in their hand;
    3)They are either taken into the protection house by Raisa the Warlock, or they hear about it and find it themselves;
    4)They are allowed to leave the protection house, but it is dangerous.

Rules related to Warlocks
    1)Warlocks don't just snap their fingers to use their magic. They use long spells, runes and potions to achieve their goals;
    2)They are not all powerful.;
    3)They can't bring people back from the dead.
    4)Warlocks can track the movements of their Hunter, but not read their mind or anything.

Rules related to Hunters
    1)Hunters are normal non-magical people who get blackmailed by the Warlocks to kill Gemchildren.
    2)They wear an enchanted necklace which gives them more strength than normal Humans and helps them tell Normal children from Gemhearts.

Roles:

Click here to see the available Gemstones and their magic abilities.

Gem Children
    1) Female – Diamond – Bella Lumière – Shinibubbles
    2) Female – Sapphire – Valerie Aridóttir – Combustible
    3) Male – Lapis Lazuli – Lazu Jet Markl – Escritura
    4) Male – Black Onyx – Fiyero Gabrielle Arch – Theodora
    5) Male – Amethyst – Julian Rowland – Yoda

Hunters and Warlocks
    1) Hunter – Female – Jazlyn Ophelia Delaney – Tortura
    2) Hunter – Female – Aerilyn Suraya Guangco – PlagueRat
    3) Hunter – Male – Jaimes Avril Ashley – Escritura
    4) Hunter – Male – Alois Amboise – Hashirama
    5) Warlock – Female – Raisa Romaine Dvornikov – Shinibubbles
    6) Warlock – Female – Scarletta Chióni Istoría – Deceiver
    7) Warlock – Female – Rosemary Aventurine Albus - PlagueRat

Story!
    Profile for Gem Children:
    Profile for Hunters
    Profile for Warlocks

[ bericht aangepast op 4 mei 2013 - 11:23 ]

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

Deceiver schreef:
    (...)

Thanks. I have - luckily - holiday tomorrow (starts at 12.05) and I'll finish it tomorrow afternoon

That's great. ^^

Profile for Hunters:
    Full name:
    Jazlyn Ophelia Delaney
    Photo: -
    Nickname: Jazz. She always introduces herself with this name, if she already takes the effort, given that she prefers it over her real name. As far as she knows, the only person who knows her real name is her mother, but she haven’t seen her for - give or take - ten years. And Jazz would like to keep it that way.
    Age: A real lady does not tell her true age and / or weight, but she's 25.
    Place of birth: Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles.
    Date of birth: 19th of August.
    Sex: Female.
    Sexuality: She touches everything and everyone she can lay her hands on, making sexual innuendos and eyeing people as a piece of meat and nothing more. That is her sexuality.
    Ethnicity: Caucasian.
    Race: Human.
    Blood type: B.
    Height: 5'7.
    Weight: 55.
    Hair color: White, snow white. Although it’s not her own color and she dyes it on a regular basis, so the true color does not show.
    Eye color: Chocolate brown, almost black.
    Clothing style: Her fashion sense changes often, but generally she will be seen in slightly provocative clothing. Often she wears dark colors – red, dark blue, black – however she doesn’t like to wear pastel colors. For example, she will never put on anything pink, but she also has a deep dislike for the color orange and yellow. “Pissing-color,” she says. To put it briefly: she likes to wear clothing that fit tight around her body, which shows her construction. Also, she loves leather and always wears a genuine leather jacket, which season it may be.
    Her make-up is intense, with the red nails, lips and dark eyes. She can stay natural, but, to put it bluntly, she loves her rocker-look more, how she calls it.
    Extra details: Her weird habit is that she sometimes licks people on the cheek, for no reason at all, just for the fun of it. Or any other body part. It does not happen very often, but when she feels like it, she does it. She also likes to bite in the neck.
    Her taste in music consists mainly of old rock.
    Her tattoo: Photo01, and 02.
    Likes: [Spicy] food; cursing; coffee; fire; cats and reading scientific books.
    Playing with someone else’s thoughts, smoking (A lot of it! It’s almost unnatural to not see her smoke.) Also, she drinks a lot, choosing beer over wine or something that decent people would drink. However, if wine was the only thing within her reach, she would still drink it – only because there is alcohol in it. She would often be found drunk and the next morning she no longer remembers about what happened. Because of too much drinking, she suffers from memory loss, but that doesn't mean anything to her – she would rather not know what happened in her life and forget it all. Jazz likes to scare people, so she can laugh.
    Dislikes: Children and insects. These two she often compares with each other. Warlocks, especially Rosemary, because she has her little brother. Her mother.
    Characteristics: Jazz has many disadvantages and advantages, as each person has, but in her case, however, more bad than good ones actually. So we will start with the good characteristics, because that will soon be over. Thus, she is a very adventurous one and likes to take risks, to look how far she can go. She is a fighter and when you actually have the same humor like her, you’ll understand and don’t mind it. Even though it is somewhat tricky, since there are two sides she can go: obscene or cynical. Sometimes even a mixture of it.
    Except that she does not truly have any more good features, at least not that I know of so quickly. Though she is very good at lying and you can compare her with a devious snake. Without a trace, she brings out the most horrible lies out of her mouth. As a result, other people don’t trust her no more, which is good, since it can’t be a real good benefit. She is stepped on her toes very easily and likes to go against people (on purpose, of course). For her it’s much too funny that could be good for her in the first place. Though she will put on a very emotionless face when she does not like someone, just to make them think she is uninterested. The so-called “game face” can she do very good, excellent even.
    The woman is direct and will tell everyone her opinion, even if someone does not want to know. She doesn't really give a rat’s ass about it. Sarcastic received a whole new level with her, since it can’t be named that way if it’s up to Jazz. Rather, cynically and insulting. She is often being rude, with a vulgar or abusive language. Some people she will find immature very quickly, no matter who it is, while she is the one who should behave better. Jazz had absolutely no sympathy for anyone (anymore), so she can kill Gem children without compassion – likes to cause pain or suffering.
    Family History + History: Her mother, Lana, has had several lovers. Jazz was born when Lana had just become nineteen. Currently her mother is 44, only Jack, Jazlyn’s father, died when she was ten years young, at the age of 32. It was not long after that Lana (29 on that moment) met someone else. That was her way of “survival”, she reported her daughter again and again. Jazz wanted nothing more to do with it, so she run away repeatedly. Partly because she did not feel understood by them, but mainly because she did not find it respectful towards her father. So soon another man and call that “survival”. Yet every time she came home, although she did not really know why. Perhaps because she pitied her mother a little, she needed help. Not from her daughter, but a professional. Jazz did not know, only that this couldn’t continue any longer. That became more confirmed when she was told that Lana was pregnant from the man she was seeing. The pregnant had been a while since Jazlyn went away for several months (in her 10th year of life). In July her mother gave birth to a son, whom she named Ryan.
    The month afterwards the little girl turned eleven. That was also the time when she found out: Lana gave birth to Ryan in July. It takes about nine months, pregnancy… Even though it sounded strange that a young girl like Jazlyn already knew such stuff, she wasn’t ordinary at all. Her family was different and Jazlyn wasn’t stupid, like her mother obviously thought of her. Ryan couldn’t be Jack’s son, Jazlyn’s father. Thereby, she even asked it straightforward to her mother. Although Lana found it a strange question, she answered honest anyway. “No, Ryan isn’t Jack his son, but from Alexander,” she said. After that, Jazz did not speak with her. Ryan was conceived a month before her father passed away, which means Lana cheated with this man when she still was with Jack. First Jazlyn did not think of it much, but the facts were there and she could not keep ignoring it. However, when she was twelve, after a slip she burned off against her mother, whom she not even wanted to call “mom” again. A violent arguing followed and Jazlyn, then middle 12, ran away. This time not coming back for a while. Several months passed and in the meantime she was with “a friend”. She was very angry at Ryan, even calling him a “devils child”.
    Only when she was fifteen, she returned and had changed her mind about it. She would take Ryan with her, because he could not do anything about the fact that he had a treacherous mother. Lana was cheating and would never stop her tricks. The guy with whom she stayed overnight and resided, belonged to a gang. So she came rolling in, even though she did not do anything with it. Ryan was four years young at that time, and her mother even more furious with Jazz then she already was.
    What did the Warlock use to blackmail him/her into being a Hunter?
    Taking her little brother as captive.

[ bericht aangepast op 20 mei 2013 - 22:21 ]

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.

I'd be happy to join in as a female hunter. I love roleplaying in English. It's what I've been doing over the past few years on Gaia online.

[ bericht aangepast op 26 april 2013 - 2:03 ]

there is an ocean in my heart, hidden behind eyes of celadon.

Shinibubbles schreef:
    Raisa

Full name: Raisa Romaine Dvornikov
    Nickname: Raya, Rose, Rosie
    Place of birth: St Petersburg, Russia
    Date of birth: 21-12- 1890
    Sex: Female
    Sexuality: pan-sexual
    Ethnicity: White
    Race: Warlock [good]
    Blood type: A-
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 10stone
    Hair colour: Raisa has shoulder length, curling black hair.
    Eye colour: red
    Clothing style: Raisa usually dresses quite casually – she likes wearing short sleeved t-shirts and jeans. Her clothes are usually pretty tight, and her shirts are usually quite low-cut. She also likes to wear waistcoats and jackets. When she's working, she tends to wear long, trailing deep red dresses with a slit up one leg and low cut and very form fitting. She always wore the most fashionable clothes of any era she lived in.
    Extra details: Raisa has a series of marks up her arms from when she was still living in Russia. They're in the shape of crescent moons, and were caused when she was being tortured by the Red Guards for information on the Imperial Family. She usually wears her hair down, because of a dark, ragged scar down the top of her spine and up her neck. The scar is from the execution of the Imperial Family, when she had been sliced by a bayonet. She has her ears pierced both in her lobes, and the top. Raisa likes to wear smokey eye shadow and mascara, and a little lip balm. She has a butterfly tattoo on her lower back, which circles around to her stomach and meets around her pierced belly button in a pentacle. Raisa also carries a gun with her at all times. The bullets don't hurt people that are not enchanted, and the mundane police don't notice it, which is the only reason she gets away with it.
    Likes: being outside, flowers, growing things, sunlight, dancing, singing
    Dislikes: the dark, soldiers, leeks, the colour yellow
    Characteristics: (Minimum of 10 lines)
    Raisa is naturally very independent, a trait she shares with all warlocks, who are by nature very solitary creatures. She's also very confident, or at least can act like she is on the rare occasion that she doesn't know what's going on. Raisa is very resourceful, and can make almost anything from barely anything if you give her the time to. She's very compassionate, and almost motherly, which is why she set up the Protection House for Gem-Children. Raisa is also incredible adaptable, a trait she gets from both her history, and her Warlock genes.
    Raisa is also very materialistic, a habit kept back from being raised in the Imperial Family as a sort of pet, and a favourite of two of the Tsarevich's. She is often very vengeful when someone she cares about is injured or killed, and is often very sceptical of any new information she receives, often double and triple checking the accuracy. She has a very manipulative streak, like all warlocks. Raisa is very distrusting of new people, which is linked to her history.
    History & Family History: (Minimum of 15 lines)
    Raisa was born in 1890. She was brought up in court with the Romanov's as the court warlock. She was close friends with Nikolai II, and then close friends with his children, especially the Tsarevich Alexie and the Grand Duchess Anastasia. Anastasia turned out later to be a Gemchild, which may have had an influence with the execution of the whole family. She fought frequently with Grigori, because to her, he was an imposter. After the Imperial Family were killed, Raisa fled the country, moving to America. There, she found some Gem-Children, and looked after them. Five years after she moved to America, she started the first Protection House, to look after the Gem-Children.
    Raisa has had very few partners, given her age. She'd had no children, and is almost virginal for a warlock. Raisa has had only 20 lovers in her lifetime, with 10 males and 10 females. It was actually Raisa that had the affair with Nikoli's wife, not Rasputin, but no-one wanted anyone to know about that side of the Empress. She wanted to have children, but refuses to have them until she finds the right person to settle down with, and refuses to have a serious relationship with anyone that has a 'tiny lifespan, like an ant' as she says. Raisa likes to talk to new people, but she's wary of new people, and has a long standing habit of ignoring anyone in a military dress, which is linked to her history. She likes to spoil the Gem Children in her care, even when they pass into adult-hood because they're all children as far as she's concerned. Raisa occasionally makes references to interesting moments in her history, and will usually jump if she hears gunshots and clings to the person nearest to her. She has slight PTSD thanks to the execution of the Imperial Family, who she had come to think of as her own family. She barely remembers her parents, or her sister, which is a good thing. Her family were killed by a pair of rouge warlocks that wanted the Dvornikov family fortune. Raisa often refers to the Gem-Children in her care as her children, even if they're legal adults. She'd do anything for the Children in her care, and likes to think they'd do the same for her. She is very sassy at times, and will tell people where to go if she thinks they deserve it. She's also in the habit of referring to people as 'idiots' and 'morons' affectionately, another habit she kept from living with Anastasia. She's polite to everyone she meets, but occasionally comes across as lofty.

Is the second foto Amy Lee? From Evanescence? She looks a lot like her

It finally happened - I'm slightly mad! ~ Queen

PlagueRat schreef:
    I'd be happy to join in as a female hunter. I love roleplaying in English. It's what I've been doing over the past few years on Gaia online.

She's yours! ^^

Deceiver schreef:
    (...)

Is the second foto Amy Lee? From Evanescence? She looks a lot like her

Nee, it's a cosplay of Ada Wong from Resident Evil. :'D

Casually updating bio and shizz.
    And upping this topic because I'm sneaky like that, ARRR.

No growth of the heart is ever a waste

Hashirama schreef:
    Casually updating bio and shizz.
    And upping this topic because I'm sneaky like that, ARRR.

Thank you hun! :'D is the profile okay?

Well I'm still working on it cuz I'm at my internship and they're not very happy with me derping on the net a lot. But I'm getting somewhere :D.

I'm working on mine as we speak. It's just not really coming along yet. Yay for fuzzy brains and thoughts flying everywhere. Who knew dust could be this interesting?

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Hashirama schreef:
    Well I'm still working on it cuz I'm at my internship and they're not very happy with me derping on the net a lot. But I'm getting somewhere :D.

That's good ^.^

Yoda schreef:
    I'm working on mine as we speak. It's just not really coming along yet. Yay for fuzzy brains and thoughts flying everywhere. Who knew dust could be this interesting?

Dust is very interesting. (typing) I'm trying to do job-hunting, but... There's always something more interesting to do somewhere else haha. xD

Yoda schreef:

IKR ;o. I still wanna add an illness to my character (drama is good, Me likey drama), but haven't come across anything decent. I think I'll just make it a genetic side-effect caused by the given power by my warlock.

[ bericht aangepast op 26 april 2013 - 12:57 ]

Hashirama schreef:
    (...)
    IKR ;o. I still wanna add an illness to my character, but haven't come across anything decent. I think I'll just make it a genetic side-effect caused by the given power by my warlock.

That seems legit to me hun. ^^

Shinibubbles schreef:
    (...)

That's good ^.^

Ahw awesome!