• MANHATTAN'S ELITE
    ''no one cares unless you're pretty or you're dead''

this RPG originally belongs to Dysthymia and I have permission to borrow it.

I N T R O D U C T I O N

"The Upper East Side was like something from Fitzgerald or Thackeray – teenagers acting like adults, adults acting like teenagers, guarding secrets, spreading gossip all with the trappings of truly opulent wealth. And membership into this community was so elite you couldn’t even buy your way in. It was a birthright – a birthright that I didn’t have. And my greatest achievements would never earn it.”

— Gossip Girl

P L O T

The Upper East Side of New York City is like a world stuck in it’s own little bubble - a little bubble filled with wealth, drama, adults acting like children and children acting like adults. To outsiders, the Upper East Side is a fantasy. They know it exists, but they have a hard time believing the things they hear about that are said to go down between the socialites. Some outsiders have managed to break through the bubble and join the life of the elites, whether its attending school on a scholarship, or starting a new job, there are those few who didn’t grow up with money. From a young age, children on the Upper East Side are thrown into the whirlwind life of the rich and famous. They attend lavish parties, exciting balls, even the fundraising events that seem boring, always end with the revealing of an affair, or a relative who you thought was dead showing up and revealing their big elaborate scheme. It sounds like something out of the movies, but for the residents of the Upper East Side this is their everyday reality. This RPG is based on the St. Augustine High School for boys & girls. A school for the brightest and richest students on the Upper East Side. Some children get in on a scholarship, but that's rare. Follow the young adults on their dramatic, exiting and tragic lives.

U N I F O R M S

Students are required to wear their uniform whenever they find themselves on schoolgrounds, this rule is taken very seriously. They are, however, allowed to wear regular clothing when they are on trips and outings, these clothes must comply with the dresscode!

Uniform for boys:
    click en click
    Uniform for girls:
    click en click
    Sports:
    click

G R A D E S

Freshman: 14 to 15 years old.
    Sophomores: 15 to 16 years old.
    Juniors: 16 to 17 years old.
    Seniors: 17 to 18 years old.

In this RPG, we'll focus on the upperclassmen. Which means the juniors and seniors. This RPG will start in the fall of 2015, which is around september. I hope this'll make it easier to calculate your character's age!

S O C I A L      C L A S S E S

Upper East Siders
    Coming soon!

Wannabes
    Coming soon!

Outsiders
    Coming soon!

S O C I A L      M E D I A

We all know the infamous blog Gossip Girl, however, the Gossip Queen has gotten pretty modern. She has ditched her old blog for a new one, based on tumblr. From now on, gossip will be posted from that platform, and everyone can read it. GossipGirl's new posts will have a url leading to them on her twitter, which will be used to submit gossip. A twitter account is necessary for the characters, as this will be their form to interact with GG (and eachother!) via social media.

GossipGirl's Links
    Tumblr — click (i worked really hard on this shit, so i hope it works!)
    Twitter — click
    Find posts/Submit posts by using the tags: #GossipGirlQuizlet (general shade) & #GossipGirlQBlast (major info!)
    Blasts can be found via the "tags"-page on tumblr & on twitter.

Character's Social Media
    text

R U L E S

schoolregels: [moet ik nog vertalen!]
    — Uniform moet altijd gedragen worden.
    — Bij afwezigheid 1 dag van te voren afmelden, elk ongeoorloofd uur afwezig moet dubbel ingehaald worden.
    — Te laat komen is het uur inhalen in je vrije tijd.
    — Vernieling van andermans bezittingen is ten strengste verboden.
    —Pesten van zowel leraren als leerlingen is verboden en wordt zwaar gestraft.
    — Het gebruiken, verkopen of bijdragen van verdovende middelen, alcohol of sigaretten op het school terrein is ten strenge verboden.
    RPG-regels:
    — Minimaal 200 woorden, dit lijkt mij vrij haalbaar.
    — Maximaal 2 personages waarvan minimaal een mannelijk.
    — Bestuur alleen je eigen personage tenzij je toestemming hebt van je medespelers.
    — Alleen ik [itscamilla] open nieuwe topics, tenzij anders vermeldt.
    — OOC (out of character) tussen haakjes of in het praattopic.
    — 16 + is toegestaan, don't go overboard tho.
    — Geen Mary/Gary Sue's, elk personage heeft flaws.
    — Alleen ik maak topic, mits ik iemand aanwijs.
    — Reserveringen blijven 48 uur staan, en vervallen daarna tenzij je voor uitstel hebt gevraagd.
    — Meld het als je een tijdje niet kan reageren, daar wordt zeker begrip voor getoond.
    — Graag nette zinnen en goed ABN.

C H A R A C T E R S

Name —
    Age —
    Grade —
    Social class —
    Social media —
    Personality —
    Appearance —
    Family —
    Relationships —
    Extra —

STOP on UES's. seniors & outsiders
    Name - Class - Grade - Page
    Women [7/.]
    • Candice Rosemary Montgomery — Upper East Sider — Senior — 1.3
    • Elín Camari Nyström — Upper East Sider — Senior — 1.2
    • Jessica Natalie McAndrews — Outsider — Senior — 1.3
    • Inclination - junior - uitstel tot zondag
    • Christina Lewis — Outsider — Junior — 1.3
    • Eleonore Niki Adams — Outsider — Junior — 1.3
    • Neva Esperanza González — Wannabe — Junior — 1.5

Waiting list -

Men [6/.]
    • Noel Benjamin Reyes — Upper East Sider — Senior — 1.3
    • Logan Stephen Reyes — Upper East Sider — Senior — 1.3
    • Felix Gideon Crake — Outsider — Junior — 1.5
    • Philip Brandt Stevens — Upper East Sider — Senior — 1.3
    • Alexander Ezekiel Howell — Outsider — Senior — 1.4
    • Velaris

Waiting list -

T H E      L I N K S

Talktopic — click here
    Playtopic — NOT OPENED.

[ bericht aangepast op 7 mei 2016 - 20:35 ]

Up with the sun. Gone with the wind.

Mag ik een junior men?

Life is not an mp3, where you can play what you want but life is a radio, where you have to enjoy whats' being played.

mag ik een Senior men en Junior Woman?

The world is a book and I will read it

@Panix, is goed!
    @Mw0, man komt helemaal goed, vrouw komt op de wachtlijst

Topic is aangepast!

[ bericht aangepast op 4 mei 2016 - 18:32 ]

itscamilla schreef:
    (...)
    Senior jongen kan meteen, senior meisje moet op de wachtlijst. Kan lang duren! Ben nu in Den Haag, dus kan het niet bijwerken. (:

Als ik een tweeling mag maken, mag het senior meisje nog een senior jongen worden.
    Zo niet, dan blijft het gewoon een meisje.

The monsters running wild inside of me. I'm faded

Oneira schreef:
    Als ik een tweeling mag maken, mag het senior meisje nog een senior jongen worden.
    Zo niet, dan blijft het gewoon een meisje.

Natuurlijk! Dus twee heren? Dat komt mij juist heel goed uit (:

itscamilla schreef:
    (...)
    Natuurlijk! Dus twee heren? Dat komt mij juist heel goed uit (:

Twee heren ja en dat dacht ik al haha.
    Nu nog kiezen voor de Harries twins of de Sprouse twins..

Oneira schreef:
    Twee heren ja en dat dacht ik al haha.
    Nu nog kiezen voor de Harries twins of de Sprouse twins..

SPROUSE! and thanks!

ELÍN CAMARI NYSTRÖM

She was poetry in a world that was still learning the alphabet

NAME
    Elín Camari Nyström
    Her nickname Bambi, since she is very clumpsy

Seventeen. She celebrates her birthday on the twenty-first of June, which is often the day of the summer solstice.

GRADE
    Senior year

SOCIAL CLASS
    Elín is an Upper East Sider

SOCIAL MEDIA
    @itselincamari

I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil

PERSONALITY
    Main
    Dreamer
    Clumpsy
    Independent
    Adventurous
    Cheerful
    Sensitive
    Compassionate
    Curious
    Dependable
    Creative
    Imaginative

Sub
    Sassy
    Animated
    Naïve
    Flirty
    Easygoing
    Insecure
    Impatient
    Straightforward

It can definitely be said that the girl is a dreamer, but this doesn't mean she is the type of quiet, shy dreamer. If she isn't daydreaming, she will definitely speak her mind. If she doesn't agree with something, she'll say it. However, most of the time she's easy going and she just goes with the flow. Still, sometimes she can be a little bit straightforward. If someone treats her or someone else like shit, she will not hesitate to tell that person that he or she should behave less as an asshole. However, usually she says this rather nonchalantly. Elín also has a cheeky, sassy side, which most people don't expect when they first meet her.
          Because her parents are rarely home, Elín has become an independent person and she doesn't cling to people. Eventhough she doesn't really cling to people, she is scared to death that she will lose someone else she cares about. If you're late at an appointment with her, even if it's only a few minutes, she'll immediately start to worry. When that happens, her head will be filled with doomsday scenario's about what could've happened that you're late. This is also way she sometimes pretends like she doesn't need anyone, while in reality she really does.
          The absence of her parents also gives her the opportunity to do whatever she wants, what she does, and she often gives parties. She doesn't mind alcohol at all. Her adventureness and curiosity let her to experience with anything and everything, which isn't always a good thing. She doesn't really think about some of the reckless things she does, and this often gets her into trouble. It also doesn't really help that she isn't aware of how much - or how little - alcohol she can handle.
          The girl can be a flirt and if she meets a guy who she likes while she's out partying in the city, she doesn't hesitate to take him to her house. However, this is also partly because she doesn't like sleeping alone. She always sleeps better when there is someone laying next to her. It gives her a feeling of safety.
          Like almost all girls, she also has her insecurities, but she rarely ever shows this to people and since she's cheerful most of the time, most people also don't notice. Also when she's sad or upset, which is more often than you think, she doesn't like it to show that to people. She wants them to only see her as a cheerful, upbeat girl. Not as someone who is sensitive and also has her problems.

She wanted to be a poet, but deep down she was a poem

APPEARANCE
          Elín is, compared to the average woman, quite tall with her 1.75 meters. She has a rather slender figure and she herself wouldn't mind if she had a little bit more fat on her bones. She has a fair skin that tones up easily in the sun. If you come close enough, you can spot freckles on her nose. She is often covered in bruises, since saying that she is a clumpsy person would be an understatement.
          Her hair is thick and wavy and falls till her breasts. Her locks are darkblonde and she doesn't have a particular way how she does her hair. Some days her locks will just hang loose, other days she makes braids in it.
          Her face isn't very typical. She has innocent looking face, with striking big blue eyes and full pink lips. Her nose has a normal size, but she herself thinks it's too big and she doesn't like it at all. She has a big, contagious smile and straight teeth. The latter only because she wore braces for three years.
          When it comes done to clothing, she just wear whatever she wants. She has clothing in her closet from high end brands, but also from vintage and secondhand clothing store. Since she also enjoys making her own clothes, but doesn't always have the confidence to wear what she made herself.

Every single day, do something that makes your heart sing

FAMILY
    Antoine Nyström || father || 52
    Saoirse Nyström (née Dziedzic) || mother || 45
    Conor Nystrom || brother || deceased
    Elín's mom is from Irish-Polish origin, while her dad is Swedish-French. They met each other in Stockholm. Her mom was doing an intership at a company for which her dad worked. It didn't take long for the two of them to start a relationship. They both are career focused people. It is a good thing they have to work together for their jobs, otherwise they wouldn't see each other much. They didn't plan to take children, both Elín and her older brother Conor were "accidents".
          Elín lived in Stockholm until she was eight, and then moved to New York with her parents and brother. Elín and Conor are mainly raised by their Portuguese maid, Ana.
          Elín's brother, Conor always was always a bit of a troublemaker, but no one knew he was depressed. He killed himself when Elín was fourteen. He was eightteen at that time. He took an overdosis of pills and Elín was the one who found him. She still has nightmares about it.

RELATIONSHIPS

EXTRA
    Fear
    Losing more people she cares about
    Making her own clothes || sex || trying new things || chicken wings || cupcakes || cooking || alcohol || sports || reading || eskimo kisses || feeling safe || tight hugs || hot showers || forehead kisses ||
    Dislikes
    Coffee || gossiping || candles || delayed public transport || snobs || being cold || fake people || sleeping alone || being cold
    Talents
    Sewing || designing
    Other
    She has dyscalculia
    She speaks English, Irish, Swedish, French, Polish, Spanish and a little bit of Portuguese (thanks to the maid)

[ bericht aangepast op 6 mei 2016 - 16:02 ]

To the stars who listen — and the dreams that are answered

Shazi --> Velaris

To the stars who listen — and the dreams that are answered

Ik zal ook nog even iets toevoegen aan jher karakterlijstje, want ik wil graag dat jullie je karakters twitter er neerzetten. Dan kunnen jullie GossipGirl volgen op twitter! (:

—— Ook wil ik graag dat jullie vermelden of je karakter een UES, Wannabe of outsider is!

[ bericht aangepast op 5 mei 2016 - 12:25 ]

Can i reserve a girl?

Dalis schreef:
    Can i reserve a girl?

Depends on whether you want a junior or a senior, social classes matter too. So let me know, otherwise you'll have to wait for another guy to participate.

[ bericht aangepast op 5 mei 2016 - 12:35 ]

Kun je misschien de social classes uitleggen? (A)

Oneira schreef:
    Kun je misschien de social classes uitleggen? (A)

Of course, darling! Het wordt ook reeds op het topic geplaatst! Heb je wel eens GossipGirl gezien? Anders drop ik hier zo wel wat links. (:

UES "aka the Highest class"
    http://gossipgirl.wikia.com/wiki/Upper_East_Side

Wannabe
    Is een normaal persoo of outsider de bij de UES wilt horen, en hier alles voor doet. Maar dan ook echt alles.

Outsider
    Iemand uit Brooklyn/Queen etc die niet bij de UES hoort, maar er ook niet bij wilt horen. Ze komen op St Augustine met een scholarship.

Ik hoop dat dit alles wat duidelijker maakt!

[ bericht aangepast op 5 mei 2016 - 13:03 ]

itscamilla schreef:
    (...)
    Depends on whether you want a junior or a senior, social classes matter too. So let me know, otherwise you'll have to wait for another guy to participate.

What is still free?

[ bericht aangepast op 5 mei 2016 - 13:16 ]