•       Set in the present day and based on the iconic Archie Comics characters, "Riverdale" is a surprising and subversive take on Archie (KJ Apa), Betty (Lili Reinhart, Surviving Jack), Veronica (Camila Mendes), Jughead Jones (Cole Sprouse, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody), Josie (Ashleigh Murray) and their friends, exploring the surrealism of small town life -- the darkness and weirdness bubbling beneath Riverdale's wholesome facade.
          As a new school year begins, the town of Riverdale is reeling from the recent, tragic death of high school golden boy Jason Blossom - and nothing feels the same... Archie Andrews (KJ Apa) is still the all-American teen, but the summer's events made him realize that he wants to pursue a career in music - not follow in his dad's footsteps - despite the sudden end of his forbidden relationship with Riverdale's young music teacher, Ms. Grundy (Sarah Habel). Which means Archie doesn't have anyone who will mentor him - certainly not singer Josie McCoy (Ashleigh Murray), who is only focused on her band, the soon-to-be-world-famous Pussycats.
          It's all weighing heavily on Archie's mind - as is his fractured friendship with budding writer and fellow classmate Jughead Jones (Cole Sprouse). Meanwhile, girl-next-door Betty Cooper (Lili Reinhart) is anxious to see her crush Archie after being away all summer, but she's not quite ready to reveal her true feelings to him. And Betty's nerves - which are hardly soothed by her overbearing mother Alice (Madchen Amick) aren't the only thing holding her back.
          When a new student, Veronica Lodge (Camila Mendes), arrives in town from New York with her mother Hermione (Marisol Nichols), there's an undeniable spark between her and Archie, even though Veronica doesn't want to risk her new friendship with Betty by making a play for Archie. And then there's Cheryl Blossom (Madelaine Petsch)... Riverdale's Queen Bee is happy to stir up trouble amongst Archie, Betty, and Veronica, but Cheryl is keeping secrets of her own. What, exactly, is she hiding about the mysterious death of her twin brother, Jason? Riverdale may look like a quiet, sleepy town, but there are dangers in the shadows...

De eerste aflevering is nu te zien op Netflix!
    Wie kijkt? Heeft gekeken?
    Wat vinden jullie?
    Spoilers graag onder de spoilerknop!

“She was another broken doll dreaming of a boy with glue.” - Atticus

YAASSSS love deze serie :Y)

En honestly zat het er wel aan te komen dat Cheryl gearresteerd werd, vooral omdat ze de enige was die bij Jason was toen hij overleed/vermist raakte. Het enige wat me wel echt verbaasde was dat Jason een week later pas dood was gegaan. cc:

i tried to buy your pretty heart, but the price too high

Ik ben benieuwd wat Cheryl bedoelde met "He should have come back" ofzoiets.

Ik weet serieus niet wat ik van de serie moet vinden...

16 - 09 - '17

Het duurde echt lang voordat de aflevering het deed... Echt balen, maar

Oh help, Archies geheim gaat uitkomen! En die nieuwe Betty, die was echt eng. Echt ze leek wel bezeten ofzo (': Is er misschien een mogelijkheid dat Betty en Polly dezelfde persoon zijn ofzo? Maar Polly is de gestoorde versie ervan (': Zo leek het bijna (':

It's never gonna happen, Guys.

What happened there, Betty?
    Anyhow, Jughead was amazing in this episode. Oh - how I loved his investigation. I demand more Jughead, although, I would not mind more Archie either. ;p

[ bericht aangepast op 11 feb 2017 - 0:33 ]

'I don't want to leave her just because she makes me a better person.'

SKEET ULRICH. HOT DAMN. :9~:9~:9~

Ik heb echt een hekel aan die moeder van Betty en ik ben wel heel erg benieuwd wat er nou precies met Polly is gebeurt. Jason interesseert me eerlijk gezegd niet zoveel ;/.

"Nice is different than good." CORPSEHUSBAND > SCORPIO

I love this show so much. Ik vind het ook echt geweldig dat ze zoveel cultural issues aanpakken, zoals in de vorige aflevering. Fucking awesome.

but do you feel held by him? — does he feel like home to you? ( Anatomy » Midsommar )

Oeh I love Riverdale! Heb een flinke girlcrush op Cheryl (:

I was an angel living in the garden of evil

Ik wil vooral dat dit goed loopt zodat ze Archie's Sonic the hedgehog niet cancellen.

Searching heavens for another earth

Wordt de serie beter dan de eerste aflevering? Ik ben twijfelachtig of ik verder wil kijken of niet.

Ex astris, sciencia

SergeantBarnes schreef:
    Wordt de serie beter dan de eerste aflevering? Ik ben twijfelachtig of ik verder wil kijken of niet.

Vind ik wel. c:

SergeantBarnes schreef:

Ik vind van wel. Ik had na de 1ste aflevering ook zo iets van, meh, maar het wordt echt wel leuker!

"Nice is different than good." CORPSEHUSBAND > SCORPIO

Jughead's vader is echt knap hoooooly shit o.o
    en die van Archie heeft ook wel iets
    but then again Archie en Jughead zijn ook fine as heck!

+ ik moest eig best wel lachen met dat stukje van Kevin en die andere jongen
    'I won't tell if you don't'

Also Betty's mom is so freaking annoying

[ bericht aangepast op 20 feb 2017 - 0:10 ]

— Inner peace, it's hard to find. —

Paladin schreef:
    Jughead's vader is echt knap hoooooly shit o.o
    en die van Archie heeft ook wel iets
    but then again Archie en Jughead zijn ook fine as heck!

+ ik moest eig best wel lachen met dat stukje van Kevin en die andere jongen
    'I won't tell if you don't'

Also Betty's mom is so freaking annoying

Jughead vader's acteur is Skeet Ulrich. Ik weet niet of je de Scream films heb gezien, maar hij speelde Sidney's vriendje Billy Loomis. :9~

[ bericht aangepast op 20 feb 2017 - 12:41 ]