• Treasure Chests

All That Glitters Isn't Gold

Magic: It's still very much alive in this world. Warlocks, masters of this magic, still live among us, hidden from Human sight. A few centuries ago, a strong warlock made a very strange discovery. When too much magic manifests in an infant's body, it crystallises in the infant's chest in the form of a gemstone. These 'Gem children' grow up as very sickly babies before turning into very strong humans. The warlocks did not care for the child and killed it to harvest the gemstone from its chest. For a while, the warlock was the most powerful of his kind thanks to the raw power of this gemstone. Then his secret came out.
    Ever since, the Gem children have been ruthlessly hunted down. Rare as they are, they already face extinction. Not all Warlocks could be bothered to hunt for this power. And this was how the Hunters were created. Humans were chosen to be charmed with a special strength, and they were blackmailed into doing the Warlocks' dirty work. This was easy until one exceptionally strong Warlock, Raisa Romaine Dvornikov, build a house and charmed it to protect the Gemchildren. Any gemchild was welcome, but Hunters would be unable to breath when they crossed the threshold into the building.
    This RPG follows the gemchildren, the warlocks, their hunters and their stories.

RPG Rules
    1)English only
    2)6 line minimum per post; (12 minimum if you have two characters in the post)
    3)2 characters maximum;
    4)Anything unrelated to the RPG in the chat topic;
    5)No killing a character without permission of the owner;
    6)No 'perfect characters'. Each character must have a few flaws;
    7)Wait 2-3 posts before replying again;

Rules related to Gemhearts
    1)They must have one personality trait that related to their Heartstone; (Find the list of traits here)
    2)They can only use their special ability when they are holding a stone similar to their heartstone in their hand;
    3)They are either taken into the protection house by Raisa the Warlock, or they hear about it and find it themselves;
    4)They are allowed to leave the protection house, but it is dangerous.

Rules related to Warlocks
    1)Warlocks don't just snap their fingers to use their magic. They use long spells, runes and potions to achieve their goals;
    2)They are not all powerful.;
    3)They can't bring people back from the dead.
    4)Warlocks can track the movements of their Hunter, but not read their mind or anything.

Rules related to Hunters
    1)Hunters are normal non-magical people who get blackmailed by the Warlocks to kill Gemchildren.
    2)They wear an enchanted necklace which gives them more strength than normal Humans and helps them tell Normal children from Gemhearts.

Roles:

Gem Children
    1) Female – Diamond – Bella Lumière – Shinibubbles
    2) Male – Lapis Lazuli – Lazu Markl – Escritura
    3) Male – Black Onyx – Fiyero Gabrielle Arch – Theodora
    4) Male – Amethyst– Julian Rowland – Yoda

Hunters and Warlocks
    1) Hunter – Female – Jazlyn Ophelia Delaney – Tortura
    2) Hunter – Female – Aerilyn Suraya Guangco – PlagueRat
    3) Hunter – Female – Blake Skyler – Ubiquitous
    3) Hunter – Male – Jaimes Avril Ashley – Escritura
    4) Hunter – Male – Alois Amboise – Hashirama
    5) Warlock – Female – Raisa Romaine Dvornikov – Shinibubbles
    6) Warlock – Female – Rosemary Aventurine Albus - PlagueRat
    7) Warlock – Male – Izan Alvaro Ruiz – Tortura
    8) Warlock – Male – Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze – Theodora

Story!

Chat Topic!

[ bericht aangepast op 5 aug 2013 - 14:42 ]

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

Lazu Jet Markl
    Julian muttered something, but I couldn't hear him over the sound of the running water. My body still trembled, but I could no longer tell if it was the shock or the cold. For the first time in my life I actually wanted a jumper.
    “I suppose I did.” I frowned slightly, noticing the changes in Julian's voice. He sounded strange, as if he came from another country. Maybe he did... I didn't know Julian that well. I barely knew him, yet he saved my life. Then I noticed how much his voice was shaking. I turned off the tap, and turned around to face him. His eyes took me by complete surprise. I thought I was a mess... But Julian's eyes were a tornado of emotions and feelings. I shuddered a bit and shakily took a step forward.
    “You saved me too though.” I did? I looked down at my hands, where faint pink marks reminded me of the way I foolishly grabbed the dagger. If I hadn't, Julian would've been stabbed. I didn't want that. Not after he saved me. I thought I was done for, back then. I thought Jazz would do terrible things to me. She obviously wasn't planning on killing me yet... I would've been a pet, a toy for her every wish. And that seemed more terrible than death.
    I swallowed tears back and looked at Julian again. He seemed zoned out, in shock, uncomfortable. I didn't mean to make him uncomfortable, did I? He blinked though, quite a lot, so I suppose he was going to be okay... As I watched him, rather intently if I may add, he suddenly moved to rub his face. The movement was rough, harsh even. It was only because I was watching him, that I saw the pain flash over his face.
    Well and then he hissed and bit his lip hard enough to draw blood.
    “Julian?” My voice sounded so alien in this deadly silence, it made me feel strange. I stepped closer again and sat down on a chair close to him. Blood peeked up from the wound on his lip, but that could wait. I carefully looked at his hands.
    “Did you hurt your hands?” I asked, quieter this time. Again, it just sounded weird to me, these words. Like they didn't belong to me and never wound. Julian looked very pale, almost as pale as Fiyero sometimes did. He stretched his hand onto the closest kitchen counter. So it must be that hand, right? I carefully put my hand over his, our skins barely having any contact at all. My other hand went up to my ear ring, which was a small Lapis Lazuli stud. Magic, free and powerful, swept through my like a wave of energy. It made me shiver. It was such a peculiar feeling, I didn't think I would ever get used to it.
    The energy spilled out of my fingertips and travelled through Julian's hand and into his body. I could vaguely see it now, the broken bone in this thumb, the burned patch of skin on his other hand, the cut on his lip...
    “The sword the body wounds, sharp words the mind,” I whisper, cursing myself silently. Stupid tic. So I put on a brave smile, not looking at Julian as the magic heals his thumb. It'll be sore as hell, of course. The Lapis Lazuli on my ear ring was small, so the amount of power it gave me was as well. I closed my eyes briefly, getting comfortable with how much they were glowing. I forced more magic to travel through, half-healing his lip. It was still a wound, but it was no longer bleeding.
    This was where my magic ran out. I was exhausted. I took my hand off Julian's again and kind of slumped in my seat.
    “Life is pain,” I say, my voice stronger despite the fact that I feel absolutely awful. “Anyone who says differently is selling something.” I was alive. I was safe. As was my saviour. I wanted to thank him, for saving me. I wanted to make clear how much it meant to me to know that I wasn't completely alone. Yet, I didn't want to make him uncomfortable.
    So I opened my eyes and smiled shakily, forcing myself to actually look into his eyes. I was rubbish with eye contact.
    “Would... you like a drink?”

Jaimes Avril Ashley
    I feel him growl, the vibrations in his chest shooting through my chest. I'm about to make another smart-ass comment when I feel his teeth sink into my shoulder. Holy sh- Touchy much? Pain shoots through my shoulder and down my arm, that's how hard he bit. Yet, he doesn't step away from me, leaving us pressed closely together. In fact, he just presses closer against me, leaving me to frown slightly.
    “Next time you do that, it'll be Bella biting you instead of me,” he hisses softly, the fabric of my shirt still between his teeth. Okay, that's hot. This shit hurts, but he is hot. Not as hot as me, I add mentally. He bites again, softer this time, but it still fucking hurts. Still, I don't make a sound. I have been tortured worse than this. I'm half tempted to ask what game it is he's playing, because the rules are bloody confusing. One minute he's flirting back, then he's trying to teach me how to murder him, and then he's just being a sarcastic sexy little bitch. As I think this, he growls again, leaving me to seriously wonder what the hell his problem is. He tightens his grip on my hands and speaks again.
    "There's no way you'll be the one to conquer my heart, I guarantee you. You'll never own it, not even when you're holding it in your hands," he whispers, raising his head. I raise an eyebrow. Now those were interesting words to use. His voice is determined, challenging. I grin slightly. I'm very tempted to tell him 'challenge accepted'. Maybe it's the way he emphasizes that I would never be the one to do that. It was like he was daring me to try and... well, conquer his heart. Just to prove that he was wrong. To prove how easily I would be able to get him to feel things like that.
    But that wasn't my job, a stern voice in the back of my head reminded me. I needed to cut out his heart and give it to Scarletta. I needed to get eleven more gems, and then Linda would be returned to me. I needed to focus on that. As much as I would love to play with this guy. I couldn't. For Linda.
    My train of thought was broken when the guy decided to kick my ankle. Well, we sure do have a temper, don't we?
    "And you're a fool if you think you're not here to hunt. You would've killed me by now if you weren't. You could've just plunged your knife into my back when I was still concentrated on shooting, but you didn't, so don't lie to me. I'm not an idiot. Now shut up and focus, buffoon."
    I blink, keeping my eyes on the target, not trying to look at him. All of this was just strange. Yes, he sounded annoyed with my attitude, and that was fine. Yet I could sense underlying emotions. And that made me bloody uncomfortable. So I ignored it. That was good. I ignored it and remained this self-centred, sexy jerk. Because that was who I was. Nothing else.
    We stop talking for half a minute as Jack points the bow at the target again. His foot slid between my feet and pushes them apart. It's a lot more gentle than the kicks and the biting. Seriously, my shoulder still hurt from that. He pulls the chord to my cheek. His voice is close to my ear and I can feel his warm breathing, which sends a shiver down my spine. That's just the contrast between his breathing and the cool air around us, though.
    “Breathe,” I hear him say, a commanding tone. Well, I do love my dominant guys. Not that they ever manage to dominate me... “And take your time. Feel the tension,” Sexual tension? Nah, not here. Definitively not. Oh, not the kind of tension he meant. Right. “And let go just before it's too much.”
    I sighed and decided to just do as the little bastard told me. It couldn't hurt, right? We were both unarmed. He seemed strong, so I suspected we would be evenly matched in hand-to-hand battle. So I focussed on the target and held the chord back. My hand was shaking slightly, which confused me. Why was it shaking? It shouldn't be. I was completely calm, fine, not at all aware of his breathing and his heartbeat against my chest.
    Then I let go. The chord left an imprint in my fingertips, and the twig flies a few feet in front of us. It doesn't reach the target, but I didn't expect it to. For God's sakes, it's just a twig.
    To be honest, he was right. The bow felt good in my hands, and it would prove a quite effective method of killing Gem Hearts. Not that I would tell him that. I lower the bow, it's making my arms feel heavy.
    “Not bad,” I admit with a chuckle. “Still think stabbing would be more effective.” I completely ignore his comment about me hunting him. He was right hough. I could've just stabbed him. I should have just killed him. Stabbed him in the back, have it over and done with. So why didn't I? Why did I suddenly feel the need to play this little game? For fun, I had told myself. But I never did this. And that put my senses on high alert.

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

I softly shake my head. I can see this going wrong from a mile afar. He’s too tense and he doesn’t seem to reach the level of focus acquired to make the perfect shot. I can’t blame him, of course, it’s his first time. Yet that doesn’t mean it doesn’t bother me. He’s not treating the weapon as it should be handled, and he – well he just seems distracted in general. I don’t teach people how best to kill me every day so this fucker would best start paying attention.
    When he –too soon, in my opinion- makes the shot, I’m rather amazed that the twig doesn’t just drop in front of him. It actually flies a few feet. Of course, everything else is flawed. It’s going to left as opposed to straight forward, he’s got the height messed up and he’s putting too much force behind it. He’ll probably think he’s king of archery though.
    “Not bad. Still think stabbing would be more effective,” he chuckles. See, what’d I tell you?
    I can’t help but laugh. As much as his arrogance annoys me, I laugh.
    “You’re easily satisfied, aren’t you?” It’s my turn to chuckle now. “The way you’re shooting, of course stabbing would be more effective. If your arrow doesn’t actually hit the target, there’s no point in using it, is there?” I keep my voice light, so as not to insult him… too much. A little insult is good for him.
    I step from behind him to fetch the improvised arrow and shiver. Cold. I frown and look at Jaimes with a hint of surprise in my eyes. Then I realise it’s him. He’s hot. Literally, that is. I couldn’t care less about his appearance. For all I care he could look like Gnorga, queen of Trolls. I’d probably even be less revolted by him then. Whatever, the point is I wasn’t even chilly with him standing in front of me. He’s radiating, and the mere thought of that makes me shiver even worse than just before. I pull my gaze away from him and bend down to pick up the twig. I look at it and turn it around a few times. I pluck a few leaves and smaller stems off it and drop them to the ground. Then I try to weigh it, by remembering how exactly my own arrows feel when I hold them. The twig is slightly lighter, so it should be easier to launch. I regret throwing Jaimes’ knife into the pool a little, it would’ve helped making the twig look more like an arrow. But I don’t trust the guy so this damn stick is just going to have to do the way it is. If he complains about it, I’ll shove it up his arse along with his sarcasm and egotism. I have to repress a grin thinking that and quickly clear my throat.
    I walk back to Jaimes and put the twig into my pocket.
    “Listen, your attitude is just all wrong,” I say, looking him over. He can take that either way, it’s both true. I drop to my knees and set his feet straight, pulling the right one a bit in front of the other. That’s better. I get up, again, and wiggle my nose when I see there’s still room for improvement. Without really thinking about it, I put my hands on his hips and slightly change his angle. Then I use both of my hands to push against his chest and smile when he’s not moved the tiniest bit by it. It’s really all about balance.
    “See,” I whisper now –why do I keep doing that? “Make sure you’re standing steady.”
    Only now do I notice he’s not holding up the bow anymore. I put my hands under his elbows and bring them up again, putting them in the right position.
    “Hold your elbows closer to your body, don’t let them stick out. You’re not a chicken flapping it’s wings. Don’t bring them up too high either, you’ll just strain yourself.”
    I run my fingers over his hands, but he’s actually holding the bow quite nicely now. With a soft smile, I make my way back to where I was standing before; behind him. Almost immediately, I’m warmed up. Shit, what is with this guy? Is he like a werewolf from one of those sappy teen movies or what? Of course he’s not, they walk around shirtless more often than not and Jaimes is obviously fully dressed. Maybe he would be less warm should he take something o- No. Not going there. Let him keep his clothes on, please, for the love of God. I’m traumatised enough as it is. The one nightmare will do, thank you very much.
    “For fuck’s sake, calm down,” I whisper, not entirely sure if I’m talking to Jaimes or to myself. To cover up my doubt, I place my hands on his shoulders and push down while I kneed. He’s just one block of tightened muscle. He’ll never hit the target that way, not even if I’d give him my finest arrows, which I am not about to do because that would be like handing a loaded gun to a baby –an evil baby at that too.
    “Don’t think of the bow as an addition to your arm,” I say silently. “Think of it as an extension to it. Let it become part of you. Don’t squeeze it, just hold it,” I advise. Meanwhile I put my hand over his one, holding the cord, again. I pull the twig out of my pocket and put it on the nocking point of the bowstring, and into the resting point before slowly and softly helping Jaimes to pull the latter back.
    “Let everything around you be a guide. Feel the wind on your face, your breath on the string, your fingers against your cheek, the string against your lips. Squint your eyes and focus on your target. Convince yourself that you will hit it, though I’m sure that shouldn’t pose a problem for you.” I softly snort and decide to roll my eyes in silence instead of making another comment about his arrogance. I’m afraid I’d only flatter him and that’s what I’m trying to avoid so sorely.
    “Don’t force it, be gentle,” I whisper, trying not to break his concentration again. I step as close as possible and look over his shoulder as I let go of the bow. I put my hands on his hips to make one last adjustment to his stance, and keep them there to steady him.
    “Now it’s up to you. Feel when the arrow is ready, when the wind is right,” I whisper as quietly as possible. Great, now I feel like God damn Pocahontas.

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Raisa
    I could tell she wanted to push my buttons – most Hunters didn't realise I was a Warlock. I let her light the cigarette, and stole it from her, keeping my gun pointed at her forehead. Yes, yes, smoking is bad for your health blah-blah... I've been smoking since it was invented, sue me. I toss my head slightly to the side, making my curls get out of my face. I loved my curls to pieces, but they were damned annoying half the time. I usually tied it back, but with a gun in one hand and a cigarette in the other, it was a little hard to tie it. So I had to put up with the stupid pretty curls.
    “Lazu is gay, but he's not sleeping with Julian.” I found my lips twitching up in amusement. Somehow, the idea of my children sleeping together made me smile. “He saved him because of this really strange thing called... loyalty.” I stepped closer, not caring much about the knife. I was, as usual, wearing a bullet-proof vest under my shirt. “And he didn't react to you because...” I let my gaze slide up and down her body slowly, before curling my lip up in a sneer. “You're not exactly attractive, are you?” I stepped back again, and gave her a sweet, threatening smile, tracing the muzzle of the gun down her jawline. "Touch my children again... And I'll have to remove your pretty eyes." Then I turned, and walked back to my home, hips swaying provocatively.

Jazz Delaney

When she stole my smoke, I casually pulled up my eyebrow. While I looked at her sighing, a half-smirk came to my lips. They were still a little red, but not from the lipstick, more by the friction of his fist and the blood. I would still get that fucking cigarette butt back, even it takes my life. Nobody fucking messes with that. Although I am a little amused, I must say, because she actually thinks she is some bad-ass mother hen-chick, who can beat me.
    Her long hair strands curled down her face, as if it were a waterfall. A dark one. Just how I like ‘em.
    ‘Lazu is gay, but he’s not sleeping with Julian.’ Gay, but not..? Damn, that girl is shitting me! And who is who anyway? The blue-haired kid was something with an L, I remember, so his name should be Lazu. Then that other buzz kill is names Julian.
    ‘He saved him because of this really strange thing called… loyalty.’ I looked at her as if she could say at any given moment "kidding".
    ‘Loyalty?’ Just the mere word makes me almost puke. ‘Cut the crap, we both secretly know they are banging,’ I say straightforward. ‘And otherwise it will come.’ I can’t even think about it that there is maybe another reason involved, it cannot be any other reason than that.
    ‘And now I’m talking about this…’ I looked at her grinning, watching her up and down again. ‘You and me, wanna try?’ I smirk perverse.

She stepped closer.
    ‘And he didn’t react to you because…’ The woman did the same to me like I did her a minute ago. ‘You’re not exactly attractive, are you?’ I looked at her silently, my lips an amusing line. I know I shouldn’t feel attacked by her, because even if she doesn’t want it, she still gonna get it.
    ‘Hm, not very nice, are you?’ I shot back.
    ‘Touch my children again… And I’ll have to remove your pretty eyes.’ The gun muzzle went away from my jawline, and as she walked away, her hips swayed. I grinned as I watched her ass.
    Well, now is mine turn.
    As fast as a lightning bolt I rushed over to her, grabber her tightly and pushed her to the ground while I threw away the gun. Entertaining and still a little amused, I sit down on her waist and bent over.
    ‘Well, how much I liked it with the gun, what do you think of this?’ The knife I was holding, I caressed teasingly on her throat to the beginning of her breasts. A thin trickle of blood came welling, and again I licked it. This time by her.
    ‘Hmm, you’re speaking quite contradicting…’ I whispered playfully close to her. At the same time my other hand discovered her body. ‘First I am not very much to look at, and then I have pretty eyes.’

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.

Raisa
    I let her pull me to the floor, and just squirmed under her when she traced the knife-tip over my throat. Then I grinned up at her, taking her wrists and pinning her harder to the floor, easily over-powering her. She was after all, a mere little human. No match at all for a old Warlock like myself. I smiled at her, eyes sparkling with malice.
    "Very nice.." I purred into her ear, nipping the lobe a little rougher then I usually would. Usually, I'm more gentle with my lovers, but I could tell that this one would have to be broken down, and that she'd enjoy it. I pressed against her harder, then bit down her neck, drawing blood. "How did you know I like it rough?" In a smooth action, I pinned her arms above her head roughly. Her struggles didn't disturb me at all, in fact, it made it more fun. I bit her earlobe again, and murmured again in her ear. "And sweetheart... I'm not sure you'd survive being with me.. Humans are so..." I looked at the bloody marks I'd left on her neck and ear. "Fragile..."

Jazz Delaney.

All of a sudden she twisted us, so I was the one this time who lay under. Not really the best damn place for me, but hey, I can’t say I mind this. I really do have a nice fucking view, with her on top of me… But even though, nobody treats me like their damn pet, and especially not her! For fucks sake, I am Jazz Delaney, and I should teach her a lesson or two!
    ‘Very nice…’ she purred in my ear, and I bit my lip hard as she was nipping my earlobe a little rough. I snaked my body back and forth and did not yield to the raw pleasure when blood came welling up from my neck. ‘How did you know I like it rough?’ As she was busy with pressing her body against me, biting down my neck and pinning my arms above my head roughly, I could not help it anymore and licked my lips from pleasure. Then I curled my back slightly so I could feel her body better. This wasn’t over. ‘And sweetheart… I’m not sure you’d survive being with me… Humans are so… Fragile…’
    At the same time I let my leg stroking along her body, while I had something in my mind, an idea. ‘Hmm,’ I purred this time, locking eyes with her playfully. ‘You want to get down to business, then, babe.’ I noticed she was strong, but as a Hunter, I was stronger than a mere human. If she wasn’t human, was she… a warlock? As soon as I realized it, I gasped. ‘Oh holy mother of…’ It came slipping out my mouth as a soft whisper. The first few times I wanted to push her away didn’t quite succeed, but after a couple of times I pushed her off me with help from my knee in her low stomach. Then I rolled over onto her, with a raspy breathing. Probably caused by smoking.
    ‘Because you’re a damn Warlock,’ I wrinkled my nose. ‘You get a tougher approach from me. Glad you already like it, yeah.’ I said, referring to her earlier words. My hand slipped harshly under her tight t-shirt, I felt a vest, a bullet proof vest. Fast and convenient I went in search for the Velcro straps to it, and when I found them I made them loose. By then, I could scratch her bare skin with my nails. Payback time, and like she said before; she wanted it rough. Well, she could get it. Rough I bit into her neck and pressed myself against her.

[ bericht aangepast op 14 mei 2013 - 20:48 ]

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.

Julian (gemchild)

I was strangely aware of Lazu saying my name. My senses were probably on edge because of the pain. He sounded.. worried? I suppose. Might have just been my imagination.
    “Did you hurt your hands?” His voice was soft, and it somehow pulled me completely back from the pain and storm of emotions I was in at that moment. I could still feel all of it, but at least I didn’t feel consumed by it any longer.
    That’s when he put his hand over mine, barely touching me at all. Goosebumps fluttered over my skin. It was a small gesture, nothing really special. But the care put into it is what took me by surprise. At least I wasn’t being as awkward as I was before, that was a big deal. I could feel the magic flow through me, soft and soothing. It was a strange feeling, but it never seized to be calming. I stared at Lazu, a bit surprised, but at the same time, I couldn’t help but be a bit concerned. He looked exhausted and healing, well, it could only make you more exhausted.
    I felt the bone in my thumb rearrange itself, snap back into place. It didn’t hurt, magic never made it hurt. It wasn’t the most comfortable of feelings, but still. I was grateful for the relieve it gave me. It was still sore, it would be for a while, but at least I would be able to move my thumb.
    “The sword the body wounds, sharp words the mind,” he whispered. I smiled a little at him, but he wasn’t looking at me. Instead, he closed his eyes. I studied his face and only now realised how delicate it was. Oh god, that made me sound like a total creep, didn’t it? It probably did. Don’t get me wrong, I took a habit in studying people, but I preferred doing it while they weren’t looking and couldn’t notice. Lazu always had his nose in a book, his plate or was in a situation of catching me staring at him. I once got caught by Fiyero and that experience taught me to be more careful.
    This was one of the rare moments I actually had some time to study his face. His complexion was pale, but that was common knowledge. His lips are pretty feminine, a rosy pink colour. I could see a faint glowing coming from underneath his eyelids, a sign he was using his magic. I smiled as I could feel my lip starting to heal. It send a small shiver down my spine. Even though it was only halfway healed, it would be fine. But lips are strange things, delicate and often very sensitive. Mine were no different and the healing magic made them tingle. A tingle which lingered.
    “Life is pain. Anyone who says differently is selling something.” He said. His voice wasn’t as shaky as before, he sounded stronger. Even though he looked like he felt awful. Mental state overruled bodily state in most cases though.
    He opened his eyes and lifted his gaze towards me, smiling slightly. His, very bright, blue eyes connected with my dark green ones. I slightly cocked my head at this, but didn’t break eye-contact, returning the smile. I believed this was the first time he had actually looked at me. And I mean really looked at me. Like, in my eyes. Which I, once again, managed to make sound creepy in my head. But it was the truth. Lazu hardly ever looked anyone in the eyes, but I wasn’t complaining. I generally liked eye-contact, except when I felt really bad or uncomfortable. I wasn’t any of those right now, I was back in my comfort zone. I softly stroked my bottom lip with my previously broken thumb, which was still sore. But it felt good to move it.
    “Would... you like a drink?” My smiles widened slightly.
    “Yeah, I would like that. And thank you, for healing me.” My accent was still flaring up, but it wasn’t something I could control. It wasn’t that obvious yet and so I decided it would be fine. I wasn’t as stressed as I was before, but it still rushed through my veins. And I was exhausted, both from my serious lack of sleep and everything which had happened today. I stifled a yawn and softly rubbed my eyes.
    “You know, when I was little and something happened which upset me or scared me, my mother would always pull me into her lap and stroke my hair. ‘Julesy,’ she would tell me ‘Psihi mou, it is alright. You are safe, nothing can harm you. Not as long as you’re in my arms, mwraki mou. So calm down.’ It never did though, not even the small, Greek petnames she gave helped at those moments. And she always knew. So she would firmly press her lips to my forehead and sing me a lullaby. Greek, of course, and I would find that to be the most soothing thing in the world. I can hardly remember the lines, and even if I would, I probably wouldn’t be able to sing it anyway. Next to my horrible singing voice, I would probably screw up on the pronunciation, seeing how I wasn’t exactly raised bilingual.” I chuckled at this. “My Greek goes as far as the petnames my mom used to give me. But that’s not the point. It’s strange to think something as small as a song could calm me, but it did. And that same song can still do that to me, even though I only remember the melody. But at least it’s something good to remember, right?”
    I smiled, thinking back at those moments. I was so young, I hadn’t had a clue about who or what I was yet and my mother’s arms were the safest place on earth. I didn’t mind telling people about those years, they reminded me of good things. There was only one event, and the ones afterwards, I always avoided and would bring the worst out of me.
    But not these moments. These moments were good and thinking about them alone made my accent fall back to normal properties. Which is probably why I was telling Lazu this, to completely calm myself. That, and I was tired, which always made me open up a bit more when people would listen. And, of course, wordvomit. I wanted to keep a conversation going, so I would not fall back into being awkward and uncomfortable myself. And well, if that would happen, we would probably both be uncomfortable. Not being able to control myself, I softly started humming the song my mother used to sing to me, because my own thoughts were making me freak out again. Great Julian, be glad people don’t know what’s going on in your head.

[ bericht aangepast op 14 mei 2013 - 20:52 ]

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Raisa
    Her reaction to realising I was a Warlock was pretty damned funny. Then I was pinned down again, and I raised an eyebrow as she undid my bullet-proof vest, which made a little uncomfortable. But the gun wasn't within her reach, so... I relaxed under her, and slid my own hands up the back of her shirt and scratched down her back hard, making sure I drew blood. She seemed to like it before, so I was more then happy to make her bleed. Repeatedly. I moaned softly as she bit into my neck, and turned my head to happily return the favour.
    It didn't pass my mind that I was making out with a stranger, who'd recently tried to kill two of my children, outside my house. It also didn't cross my mind that if anyone looked out the window, they'd see us. And if anyone walked past here, they'd see us.

Rosemary Aventurine Albus || Warlock

Very pleased that he had picked up his phone so fast, Rosemary said: "I see, Philipsburgstreet. I'm only two blocks away from there, so I'll see you in a bit. Byee~ ." She always liked hearing his voice, even though he was in a bad mood anytime they'd meet. She knew it was because of her, but she decided to ignore it. Haning up on the man, Rosemary walked down the street, some people stopping to look at her, others twisting their necks as they passed by. Her white hair was quite a sight and she had an air around her that made people watch her. She however, ignored all of them and kept looking straight ahead, sure to get to her hunter swiftly. A smile grew on her face when she walked around a corner and saw Sho sitting on a bench. Walking up to him, her tred seemed lighter and with a pleased smile she stopped before him. She could smell alcohol and she commented: "I believe you've had a little bit too much to drink." It wasn't scolding, it was simply a statement. "Come, I shall treat you to breakfast and some tea, or coffee if you so prefer." Rosemary preferred to discuss business while seated.

there is an ocean in my heart, hidden behind eyes of celadon.

Aerilyn Suraya Guangco || hunter

"Scarletta," Aerilyn started, looking at the warlock in front of her. "I'm sure you're aware of the fact that I'm not very fond of you, due to the form of our contract. Hence I prefer sleeping elsewhere, I'm sure you understand." She paused for a moment, looking at the woman and then silently watched as Jaimes left. "If there is anything you wish to discuss with me, this is the moment to tell me." Aerilyn didn't want to stay the night in this house with that woman. Anyone who threatened her with selling her to those people was on her black list. It was a good thing that the other hunter had left though, since she didn't like to be with men in the same room. For a moment she remained silent and then said: "I guess I could stay for one drink though. I'd feel guilty leaving you alone again immediately even though I only just arrived."

Sho.

"I believe you've had a little bit too much to drink." I glance up, taken by surprise by Rosemary’s presence. A rush of blood creeps up my cheeks. I never liked being taken by surprise when I’m thinking and minding my own business. As a greeting I nod shortly, something I would have been chided at, at home. Home… I quickly shrug off the thought and open my mouth to retort, but change my mind quickly after and close it. She is right though. The strange fellow at the bar treated me on more than one Jack last evening, suggesting that he perhaps even owned that money he bragged about earlier. I’m not an alcoholic, but I do enjoy the beverage. It dulls the senses and makes me slightly more outgoing than normal. Slightly. I don’t end up walking like an Irish tap dancer on pills harassing women. "Come, I shall treat you to breakfast and some tea, or coffee if you so prefer." ‘No, there’s no need t-’ But she already departs, walking in front of me with a slow yet firm step. I have never understood her need to sit down and talk to me. It feels strange and slightly uncomfortable, but it seems I do not have much choice.
    I follow her slender frame, making sure to only see one Rosemary instead of two. We enter a Starbucks, the closest place where they sell coffee. She asks what I wish to have and I reply: ‘Just one black coffee please.’ I immediately loathed myself for adding ‘please’ to that. I bite the inner side of my lip, vowing to never do that again. But even I know that old habits die hard. As she orders a young man of approximately twenty crosses our path. It is only now that I realize that Rosemary has caught the attention of quite some young bachelors. This man decides to take a chance.
    ‘Hi there, beautiful young lady. Is that guy your boyfriend? If so, you should definitely ditch him, he doesn’t deserve being in the presence of such a piece of fine art.’ Smooth, Casanova, very smooth. Frankly I’m not even offended, as I know perfectly that I look like crap. I feel like crap too. I’ve been up all night long. God, how I long for a nice and soft bed. But knowing how long it would take me to actually fall asleep makes me tired already. And then we have this nuisance to add up to it. Yes, I need cafeine. And a lot of it.
    Some encouraging shouting ensues from the other table, where his friends enthusiastically await the outcome of Casanova’s courting.
    This is not the first time an occasion like this occurred. I don’t particularly like Rosemary, but even I am not blind to a woman’s attractiveness. And neither are these guys.

[ bericht aangepast op 15 mei 2013 - 22:56 ]

No growth of the heart is ever a waste

Rosemary Aventurine Albus || warlock

She loved the Starbucks. Their coffees were delicious and they usually blessed her frappucinos with a lot of whipped cream. Today she ordered a grande Frappucino caramel with whipped cream, a blueberry muffin and a big black coffe for her hunter. Sho looked like he could use some cafeine and it would make the smell of alcohol disappear. Rosemary had only just paid for their beverages when a man came up to her. Up until then her face had been serene, she'd even been smiling, but it changed at once when she turned around. Glaring at the man darkly, she hissed: "So what if he is? I would not ditch him for you, even if you were the richest man in the world. I will decide who is and isnay worth my presence and you, my dear boy, are not." Her Scottish accent showed through strongly as it always did when she was displeased or excited. Her shamrock eyes seemed to pierce through the man's soul, before she turned away from him and took her things, telling Sho to take his coffee and chose a free table as far away from the other guy as possible. Of course, she knew it was unnecessary to be so irritated by the guy and hissing at him like that, but sometimes she couldn't help it, she had kept people at a distance like that for all her warlock life. She huffed, as she was known amongst warlocks as the 400 year old virgin and even though it wasn't a title to be proud of, at least she had her dignity. As for Sho being her boyfriend - ha! she wished sometimes, but like hell he'd ever be that close to her after the things she'd made him do. "Come sit, I have some urgent business to discuss with you."

Sho.

Rosemary isn’t in the slightest sense amused by the youngster’s remarks and snaps at him before walking to my table. She sits next to me and comes right down to business as I sip my coffee.
    ‘Come sit, I have some urgent business to discuss with you.’ I cock my head in her direction, suddenly remembering something. ‘Yes, I’ll be right back.’ I stand up and head for the toilets. I look at my reflection and wash my hands. I’m not that much of a neat freak, but I suddenly remember that the band that performed at the bar last night had been very generous with their beer, up to the point of spilling it generously over the crowd. I was one of those lucky fellows. I hesitate a moment, before pulling the plaid over my shoulders and cleaning some smelly spots with water and soap. I wash my face as well and rinse some water over my hair, feeling slightly better now. As I walk towards the door, it suddenly opens and – how can it be any different? - the youngster walks in and passes me.
    ‘Look what we have here, mister Nice Guy,’ he starts his dialogue, arrogantly blocking my path. ‘Move it honey, I’m not in the mood.’ Normally I’m not the type of guy who gets involved in conflicts. Not voluntarily that is. But today’s situation is different. A) I haven’t had any sleep in the past 24 hours, B) there’s my warlock waiting for me and C) this unfortunate young man allows me coffee to get cold. I hate cold coffee.
    His mood changes, he’s obviously offended by the remark. He raises his fist and lunges at me.
    ‘Well, get in the mood!’ In the blink of an eye, I move aside – dodging the attack – and grab his wrist and twist it. He groans and curses and tries desperately to liberate himself.
    ‘I’ll give you some advice. Don’t get yourself into unnecessary trouble, because it can get you killed. I’m not the worst of people, but I’m having a headache and you’re not really helping. You have some aspirin?’ The dumbstruck boy nods quickly. ‘Y-yes, it’s in my pocket.’ I take a pill and look at it suspiciously. I smirk just slightly.
    ‘You’re not as dumb as you look, I commend you for that boy.’ And I throw the pill on the ground before smashing it with my foot. ‘This makes you do things you’ll regret.’
    And I walk back to Rosemary.
    ‘My apologies, I was being hold up. I needed to clean something.’ I pause for a moment, the indifferent look in my eyes briefly switch to concern. ‘Before we go to business I’d like to know something… How’s he doing? You should know.’ I refer to Raoul Amboise, my older brother, as we both know.

Rosemary Aventurine Albus || Warlock

Slightly surprised as the hunter excuses himself and leaves the table for the bathroom. Knowing that his coffee might get cold, Rosemary asks for a little plate and covers Sho's cup. With a pleased smile, she takes her place again, only to see how the young guy from before also enters the bathroom, where Rosemary only just enters a glimpse of her hunter. Frowning, she can feel the irritation rise as she imagines how the guy will most likely try to make a fight out of it. Not like he has any chance of defeating her Sho, but still, she disliked the idea of that kid touching her guy. Stirring in my frappucino with the straw, I softly mutter an incantation that will make the boy stay put near the toilet for a while: "Videamus ergo quot gradibus beneficiorum. Metellum a primo originis die ad ultimum usque fati tempus numquam cessante indulgentia ad summum beatae uitae cumulum perduxerit." I only just finished the spell, when Sho returned and with an innocent, bright smile I welcome him back, very pleased to see that he has cleaned himself up. I can smell the soap he used for his hands and his face and hair looked fresh. Yes, Rosemary was very very pleased with Sho. "Your brother is doing well," she tells him. "He had been ill in bed for a week with the flu, but he's better now." For a moment she remained silent, wondering if she should tell him this, but seeing how happy she was with him and that she didn't like to keep secrets, she said: "Your old man is making plans for his betrothal though. I don't know who he'll wed your brother to, but I'm guessing it's a cousin of your mother's side." She hated the name of his brother, it was the same as the name of the man who had mislead her so and broken her heart. "Now, to come down to business: You said you have new gems for me?" She took a little plastic bag out of her pocket that was filled with candy as she spoke. Taking a blue one, she put it in her mouth and waited for Sho to reply.

Sho.

My gaze darkens as she explains that Raoul has been sick. I know my brother well enough that he is rarely sick, so this comes as a surprise. I sip my coffee and only see her doubting look from the corner of an eye. Then she decides to tell what’s on her chest.
    "Your old man is making plans for his betrothal though. I don't know who he'll wed your brother to, but I'm guessing it's a cousin of your mother's side." My eyes enlarge for a brief moment. My father..? A wedding? So what happened to-? This means that Mary either died of they divorced. There’s no other way, they’d been married since his twenties, and as far as I know they had never conceived a child. This is a good reason to divorce. I know only one woman from my mother’s side who has reached the proper age to marry. Lais. The girl I was supposed to marry years ago.
    Lais is a dangerous woman. She is manipulative and if you don’t watch it, lethal. Just like my father there’s only one reason why she’s after me: my blood. I am one of the few living members of the house of Amboise. I was born to have many foes and lead an unhappy life chained in their prison. If the decision was up to them. I never really liked Lais. There’s a reason for that other than her personality though. Her father.
    ‘I see,’ I say absent and a little too submissive to my liking as I try to brush the thought off.
    I glance up at her, to discover that she is waiting for me for some reason. ‘Yes, here they are,’ I say softly and hand her the gems over. Two of them this time. She takes them while wearing a white glove. Frankly, I can’t even recall a moment when she doesn’t wear those gloves. I haven’t seen her hands in all those years we have been… acquainted. ‘Do you have a new assignment for me or is there something else I can do for you?’ I ask. I think about Raoul, hoping that he’ll be able to break free from this prison one day. I am a coward. If I had the strength and courage, I’d liberate him myself. But that means that I’ll have to face everyone, including my father and my uncle. I’m not ready for that.
    “You’re weak, Alois. And you’ll always be weak. There is no future for you outside this house.”