• Treasure Chests

All That Glitters Isn't Gold

Magic: It's still very much alive in this world. Warlocks, masters of this magic, still live among us, hidden from Human sight. A few centuries ago, a strong warlock made a very strange discovery. When too much magic manifests in an infant's body, it crystallises in the infant's chest in the form of a gemstone. These 'Gem children' grow up as very sickly babies before turning into very strong humans. The warlocks did not care for the child and killed it to harvest the gemstone from its chest. For a while, the warlock was the most powerful of his kind thanks to the raw power of this gemstone. Then his secret came out.
    Ever since, the Gem children have been ruthlessly hunted down. Rare as they are, they already face extinction. Not all Warlocks could be bothered to hunt for this power. And this was how the Hunters were created. Humans were chosen to be charmed with a special strength, and they were blackmailed into doing the Warlocks' dirty work. This was easy until one exceptionally strong Warlock, Raisa Romaine Dvornikov, build a house and charmed it to protect the Gemchildren. Any gemchild was welcome, but Hunters would be unable to breath when they crossed the threshold into the building.
    This RPG follows the gemchildren, the warlocks, their hunters and their stories.

RPG Rules
    1)English only
    2)6 line minimum per post; (12 minimum if you have two characters in the post)
    3)2 characters maximum;
    4)Anything unrelated to the RPG in the chat topic;
    5)No killing a character without permission of the owner;
    6)No 'perfect characters'. Each character must have a few flaws;
    7)Wait 2-3 posts before replying again;

Rules related to Gemhearts
    1)They must have one personality trait that related to their Heartstone; (Find the list of traits here)
    2)They can only use their special ability when they are holding a stone similar to their heartstone in their hand;
    3)They are either taken into the protection house by Raisa the Warlock, or they hear about it and find it themselves;
    4)They are allowed to leave the protection house, but it is dangerous.

Rules related to Warlocks
    1)Warlocks don't just snap their fingers to use their magic. They use long spells, runes and potions to achieve their goals;
    2)They are not all powerful.;
    3)They can't bring people back from the dead.
    4)Warlocks can track the movements of their Hunter, but not read their mind or anything.

Rules related to Hunters
    1)Hunters are normal non-magical people who get blackmailed by the Warlocks to kill Gemchildren.
    2)They wear an enchanted necklace which gives them more strength than normal Humans and helps them tell Normal children from Gemhearts.

Roles:

Gem Children
    1) Female – Diamond – Bella Lumière – Shinibubbles
    2) Male – Lapis Lazuli – Lazu Markl – Escritura
    3) Male – Black Onyx – Fiyero Gabrielle Arch – Theodora
    4) Male – Amethyst– Julian Rowland – Yoda

Hunters and Warlocks
    1) Hunter – Female – Jazlyn Ophelia Delaney – Tortura
    2) Hunter – Female – Aerilyn Suraya Guangco – PlagueRat
    3) Hunter – Female – Blake Skyler – Ubiquitous
    3) Hunter – Male – Jaimes Avril Ashley – Escritura
    4) Hunter – Male – Alois Amboise – Hashirama
    5) Warlock – Female – Raisa Romaine Dvornikov – Shinibubbles
    6) Warlock – Female – Rosemary Aventurine Albus - PlagueRat
    7) Warlock – Male – Izan Alvaro Ruiz – Tortura
    8) Warlock – Male – Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze – Theodora

Story!

Chat Topic!

[ bericht aangepast op 5 aug 2013 - 14:42 ]

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

Rosemary

When Sho stands up with clenched fists, Rosemary blinks in slight confusion and leans back, but regains her former position within a few seconds. When he tells her about himself, she smiles. She didn't know that he liked crème brûlée, something she was very good at making. "I didn't know everything yet. There are still lots of things I don't know about you. For example, what's your favourite colour?" I tilt my head to the side as I ask him the question. Since he told me all this about himself, it is now my turn to tell him some things about me. "My name is Rosemary Aventurine Albus, born on the 17th of November in 1592 in Alyth, Scotland. I had one older brother and two younger ones and was the only daughter. ....when I was fourteen I traveled to France, to meet one of your ancestors, Raoul. I was supposed to marry him and he promised me the sky and more. ..." a sad smile appeared on Rosemary's face. "I was so deeply in love with him that i believed everything he told me. How foolish I was... I returned to Scotland and he said he'd come for me. I waited for eight years, but he never came. As I returned to France, I found out that he had married his sister and that the engagement to me had been nothing but a facade." She didn't tell him that they'd insulted her and thereby wounded her deeply. She put on a smile, whiping away any trails of sadness and said: "Anyway: I love candy, especially fudge, jelly beans and sugarcraft. I like salad, clean rooms, soap and freshly washed laundry. I don't like being touched, dust, chocolate, tomatoes, animals, loud noises, bright light and liars. Oh, and my favourite colour is blue."

EDIT
    She was surprised when he spread his arms and told her to go ahead and touch him. For a moment she was seriously contemplating to put her gives back on with a slight frown. However, if they wanted this act to be plausible, then she'd have to be able to touch him at any time. Slowly she walked up to him and stopped about half a meter away from him. She lifted her hand that trembled slightly and carefully she touched his shoulder with her fingertips. She took a deep, quivering breath and her eyes were focused on her hand. Rosemary slowly slid her fingers down his arm, before placing her hand flat on his chest. She looked up at Sho for a moment before she traced her fingers across his chest softly.

[ bericht aangepast op 20 mei 2013 - 16:26 ]

there is an ocean in my heart, hidden behind eyes of celadon.

Sho.

I get a slightly surprised expression when she asks my favourite colour. I remain silent however, as she tells me information about herself. There are some vital details I'll need to know. One of them... is her birthday. The date she mentions confirms my assumptions on warlocks having an extreme longevity. She continues, telling that she moved to France in the past. My eyes largen as she states to have met one of my ancestors and not only that, she was promised to marry him. Raoul Amboise... he shares the same name as my brother. So that was the connection the name had. I can't believe it. Raoul Amboise, the one who married Louisa Amboise, was supposed to wed Rosemary. My gaze lowers a bit as she continues. The story sounds all too familiar. It is very unlikely that the Amboise marry outside of their bloodline. They simply pretend to do, to clear any suspicions. However, some of those cases have occured in the past and depending on who's the head of the family, they are either accepted of cast away. I narrow my eyes. I'm almost certain who's the head of the family right now. It's him. There is another reason why I don't want Rosemary to get pregnant. And that is - if the child would be ever born - that it will likely be hunted for the rest of its days, like I am. The family has weakened. I am one of the strongest heirs alive, my parents have told me that more than often. I shouldn't sully their name and continue to carry on their bloodline. Lais is also one of those children.
    As for Rosemary, this explains her hatred against the Amboise. I am aware of the fact that cases like these made my family gain a lot of foes. She tells ,e her likes and dislikes. Just like me she dislikes being touched. That explains why there isn't a warlock husband walking around the place. I wonder if she thinks about how many bacteria are crawling around the human skin.
    I see surprise on her face as I spread arms and legs. I now hesitate and want to take a step back, but she walks in on me and stops a half a meter away from me, slowly reaching out for my shoulder. She hesitates and now I understand why. I still didn't take that shower yet. I must smell of whisky and cigar smoke. Not exactly appealing to a neat freak.
    I press my lips together a tad harder when she touches my shoulder and moves on to my arm. I don't speak, only watch as puts her hand on my chest. I try to control my breathing. Slowly, steady, no panicking. She moves her fingers and finally lets go of me. I sit down again and take a slow and deep breath.
    'Okay,' I speak, a bit more softly than I had hoped for. 'This will be sufficient for now. I'll take a shower. Do you have some spare clothes here? I can't exactly walk around naked.' She was telling me she'd wash my clothes after all. I feel tired and dirty and the worst part: I feel hungry as well. But I'm not the kind of person who'd beg for a meal. Blame my stupid Amboise pride. When she's appointed me a room I'll have a nice smoke out of the window. I haven't exactly thought of a strategy to survive the night yet. This house awfully reminds me of my family's house. Which reminds me...
    'By the way, I haven't told you the likely head of the family yet. I'm not sure if you already know this information, but it's Jacques Amboise, the older brother of my father.' My eyes narrow at the mention of his name. For years I have refused to even think about it and now it's out in the open. I feel like uttering a devil's name. 'If you manage to favour him, the rest will follow. However, my father has a strong influence on him.' I take a deep breath before I say: 'To answer your question; my favourite colour's blue as well.'

No growth of the heart is ever a waste

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

I keep quiet while she seems to debate it. There’s no use in trying to rush her into making a decision and I have no need for it. Time isn’t very important to me. Then I notice how her eyes turn red. It doesn’t really bother me, because so are Raisa’s –although it’s for another reason. I find this girl very peculiar. I haven’t met many like her, not to say none.
    When she licks her teeth, I can see how sharp her canines are. I should have known, but it surprises me a little. I wonder why humans haven’t sharper teeth anyhow, since we’ve been eating meat since we first started roaming the planet.
    My oh my, she sure is a sight to behold, this Bella. This is getting curiouser and curiouser. She looks up at me and I softly smile at her.
    “Yes.... Will you bite me back?” she says suddenly.
    I am a little taken aback by this question. Yet my smile doesn’t waver. I think about what she’s asked me for a minute, before I give her my answer. It would seem that she has taken my story into consideration in the debate of biting me or not. That was not why I told it, though. But I can understand that she would assume so.
    “It was not my intention,” I answer honestly. “But I could bring myself to do so should you make it your wish. Do you desire me to bite you, Bella?”
    I wait patiently for her answer, once again. I wish Raisa would have told me more about this youngster. She is very interesting. I start feeling a little giddy when I think about meeting the others, will they be such terrific specimens too? I sure hope so.
    Slowly I start to wonder whether, if she chooses for me to bite her, Bella would expect me to stick with the rest of the story as well and stay close to her until the wounds have healed. I wouldn’t mind, and I’ll be sure to ask her. Yet I don’t want to disturb her thoughts now. Thinking is very important in the making of decisions. When one rushes into something head first without thinking, one might often find themselves hurt or very very disappointed. It is therefore I so calmly look at her, because I would not want her to be disappointed.
    Taking a deep breath, I decide it is time for me to bring myself into that frame of mind of tranquillity, like I do before I engage in a fight. It allows me to focus on what is happening around me instead of what is happing to me, and it causes me to feel as less pain as possible. There are always some wounds that hurt worse than the other whilst they are being inflicted, but I have found that when I am centred I don’t mind it as much. I would hate to wince or flinch or even scream when she bites me, because I fear it would scare her off. And all I’m trying to do right now is getting to acquire her trust, to make her see that I am not a bad person and that I will not shy away from her because she is different. I too am different, and screaming at someone is not a good way for them to learn that you are safe to “hang out with”, as youthful people tend to call it these days.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

When I am done and have cleaned the mess I made up, using the box of tissues on my nightstand, I sigh and get out of my bed. I don’t feel relieved at all. In fact, I only feel worse. I wish I could close my eyes and just forget about everything that’s happened so far today.
    Quietly I throw the shirt I had been wearing into the hamper and open my closet to find some new clothes. I pick some black jeans and choose a green hoodie. I could use some comfort right now. Then I remember I haven’t swum my usual laps yet today. Perhaps doing that would make me feel a little better. I pull out my speedos and put them on. Then I take some towels and wrap one around my waist. The other one I put over my shoulders, so the tattoo on my back isn’t visible. It’s mine and I don’t like others looking at it. I take my clothes with me, so I can put them on after I’ve swum.
    I run down the stairs and ignore the voices which are coming from the kitchen. The less people I talk to today, the happier I’ll be by the end of it.
    When I’m in the garden I notice I’ve forgotten to take Lazu’s book inside with me when I was dragging Bella behind me. I pick it up and put it on one of the lawn chairs, along with my clothes. Then I put my towels on top of them so they don’t get wet.
    I take a big leap and jump into the pool. The water is cold and it makes me shiver, but it’s a relief to be here. Maybe I should’ve been a merman. No harbour would be able to hold me in its waters for a long time. I’d be free to go wherever I’d want to go and I would most certainly take advantage of that.
    Part of me likes to be here, though, it really does. But some days, such as today, I can’t help but to see the house as a golden cage. Yes, I have my life, but at what cost? Sometimes I’m too scared to go outside, and if I do feel brave enough I risk my life doing so. Sure, there are others who are in the same predicament, in whom I could find love and comfort. But when I lose them the hurt would be so much stronger than when I bear this shitload of shit alone.
    There is a reason birds don’t sing often sing when they’re caged.
    I’ve done about one third of my usual amount of laps when something sparkles in the corner of my eye. I look at the bottom of the pool and see what’s shining. It’s Jaimes’ knife. I’d completely forgotten I’d thrown it in here earlier. I take a dive to retrieve it. When I’ve got it, I put it on the side of the pool. I’ll get rid of it later. I have no need for it and I don’t want it to be lying around. That’s just an accident waiting to happen.
    With I sigh I return to swimming the rest of my laps. It’s nice to have something to concentrate on.

[ bericht aangepast op 20 mei 2013 - 18:56 ]

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Rosemary

When Sho sits down and tells her that it's enough for now, the woman nods and smiles lightly. "thank you for telling me about the head of the family. how do you think can i get their approval?" She was kind of worried about that, since she knew how bad she was with being rejected. He finally goes in on the offer of a shower. "I have a shirt that has to fit for sure and I think you'll fit into my jogging pants. Sorry, I don't have any clothing for men, but it should do for the moment. Please follow me, I'll show you your room and the bathroom you can use" making her way up the stairs, she thought about the comment he had made about walking around naked. She pictured him naked and a blush settled on her cheeks at the image. Arriving at the end of the long corridor, she opened a door that belonged to a large bedroom. When she looked at Sho, the image of him without clothes on returned and flustered, she turned around, walked into the ruin and said: "this will be your room, mine is give doors back to the right, would you need me for anything." The room was quite big and the walls were broken white with elegant decorations. The bed in it was big enough for four people to sleep in it and had dark blue bed sheets. Rosemary waked to another door in the room and opened it. "this is the bathroom you can use. If you leave the clothes here in this room then I'll collect them and leave you some clothes. But if you want, I'm fine with it if you wear just a bath robe. That will definitely fit you. Take your time, you can take a bath and use anything in there you want. I'll prepare us some dinner in the mean time." Rosemary smiled at Sho and left him behind in the room, closing the door behind her. She made her way down the stairs again and opened the fridge to see what was in it. Pulling out a salmon, some cucumbers, and a crop of salad, she started working on the first course. She cut the salmon into very thin slices and placed them on top of a later of salt. When she was done she poured a layer of sugar on top of it and placed it somewhere it wouldn't be in her way. Then she continued cutting the cucumbers into pieces and put then into a big pan with water, adding some Semolina flour to it and putting it onto the pit. Then she pulled out the vodka and a few lemons, making a mixture of the two. She washed the salad and got rid of the excessive water after which she added some lemon juice, brown sugar and Some ginger syrup. A smile appeared on her face when she tasted it and after checking the soup in making, Rosemary walked up the stairs and knocked on Sho's door. "Sho?" She opened the door and peeked around it, hoping to see his clothes somewhere.

Sho.

I frown slightly at her question and nod very slowly. Of course... their approval. This could become a hard game, especially for me. I'm not a very good actor and I'm even a worse liar. Rosemary however, I think there's a slight possibility that they'll like her even though she isn't one of them. The Amboise numbers have dwindled. They're happy with any marriage, even though they'd prefer me to marry Lais. But that is the scenario without Jacques Amboise in mind. The bastard... you'll never know what he's up to. I may know him better than anyone else in the family. But how do I tell Rosemary this without telling her about.. that? I'll have to keep it simple.
    'He's an arrogant self-centered aristocrat who likes to have control over a situation - any situation. He dislikes it when your opinion differs from his and hates any kind of defiance. He's a typical Amboise in that. Aside from that, he's manipulative and provocative. He'll try to play some kind of mind game to test if you're having what it takes in his eyes. Try to stay calm and collected at any cost. Be friendly, polite, warm, intelligent but stay just out of his range. You'll peak his interest that way.' Too bad for me I found out the hard way. I take a deep breath. 'I know this may sound strange, but you're having an advantage in the family because of your appearance. So I think you won't be having much trouble. I however... do. As you can see I'm not very skilled at pretending to be a good husband. If I try too hard, my father won't buy it. If I'm too indifferent, they won't fall for it too. So that means that I'll have to try this.'
    Rosemary tells me that she has a shirt and a pair of jogging pants. I nod approvingly. As long as it's clothes, it doesn't matter to me. She then tells me to follow her to my bedroom and the bathroom and I nod.
    She opens a door and looks at me. I blink my eyes? Does it looks like she's blushing? I shrug off the thought. Lack of sleep makes me see strange things. I come closer and inspect the room. I stare at it in awe. It's huge. Bigger than my room was when I was a kid. And that bed.. it looks like there's enough room for a king and at least four wives. That bed looks so appealing when you've only had an hour of sleep.
    She walks on, showing me the bathroom of equally large size. How does she keep this place clean? That must take an entire day. I nod as she tells me that I'm free to use whatever I want and that it's fine if I wear a bathrobe. I avert my look, feeling slightly uncomfortable.
    'Jogging pants are fine,' I say. Dinner? She'll make dinner? I smirk slightly as she has already closed the door. Perhaps this husband and wife thing is easier than I thought. Doing my laundry, making my dinner, Now I'll have to be nice to her in return. I take a long sigh. Well.. I could be at least try and be a bit more grateful to her being so generous to me. She could've left me sleeping outside instead.
    I undress and get under the shower. I clean my body with soap from some expensive brand and shampoo my hair. Just for fun I add conditioner afterwards, something I rarely do. Does it truly get your hair soft and shiny? I chuckle softly. I truly sound like an old woman, don't I?
    Suddenly I hear some knocking on the door.
    'Sho?' My eyes become large and I frantically look through the room, closing the shower and grabbing the bathrobe in no time. I barely covered myself when I see Rosemary's white hair peeking around the door.
    'Y-yes. I'm done,' I say quickly, still soaking wet. I haven't had the time to dry myself yet. 'You must be here for.. my clothes. They're right here.' I take my clothes from the chair and hand them over. I swallow a lump down my throat.
    'I mean; thank you honey.' I close my eyes of embarrassment. That didn't sound convincing at all. What should I do? I'm not made for marriages and I'm not made for women either. Even my deaf great-grandmother won't fall for that. I take a deep sigh. 'I'll need some.. more practice on this,' I admit.
    'And you may call me Alois, by means of practice.'

Rosemary

Thinking about what Sho told her about the head of the family, she slightly bit her bottom lip. "so all I'll have to do is agree with him mostly, be polite and smart but mysterious at the same time?" For a moment she paused, before she smiled: "I think I can do that. But what kind of mind games does he play?" However, when he mentioned her looks, she looked at him with confusion: "my appearance? How do you mean? How could that help me?" The problem with her was that her self-confidence and -awareness were extremely low, causing her to not see herself as anything but 'dirty and ugly' as Raoul had called her. She shook her head when he said that he didn't trust himself in doing a good job at this. "I think you can do it. Let's take baby steps. You shouldn't expect to be able to handle this all at once." Her smile was encouraging and her eyes kind, almost warm.
    Rosemary had taken jogging pants and the extra large shirt she always used for painting with her. When she had peeked her head around the corner she was faced with a dripping wet Sho that only just managed to cover himself. Her face went bright red, her ears also took on the crimson tint as she spouted an apology: "I-I'm so sorry!" She dared to look up again as Sho took his clothes and gave them to her. She took them and gave him the clean ones in return. When he calls her honey, Rosemary's eyes grow large and she softy bites her bottom lip to hold back any inappropriate noises. Like him, she also needed practice. If she'd turn this red anytime he'd call her honey or something among those lines then they'd never make it as a believe couple. When he told her she could call him Alois, she nodded firmly once, before fleeing out of the room with a short high pitched sound, that sounded something like 'eeep'. Swiftly, Rosemary closed the door behind her and took a deep breath in order to try and calm herself down. By the time she'd put the clothes into the washing machine she had regained her usual white skin colour. She washed her hands thoroughly, before returning to the kitchen, where she cut some fresh garlic and put it into the soup, followed by salt and pepper. She fished out some big chunks of cucumber that hadn't dissolved and some of the semolina. Then she turned her attention to the salmon that had Become done in the mixture of sugar and salt. She took the.slices out and put them in the vodka-lemon mixture. Pleased with the creations she had made so far, she got out a big filett of sea devil. She made it ready by rubbing it in with salt, pepper and some herbs. Rosemary wondered when Sho - no, Alois would come down. She didn't know whether he was any good at cooking. She'd have to ask him that.

[ bericht aangepast op 21 mei 2013 - 4:27 ]

Sho.

I get a slight pout on my face when her eyes become large at the mention of that one word. Honey. Was that so hard? I know I'm a disaster at playing games like this, but hey, I'm trying. I look to the door, where a nice scent has drifted in. Is that the food she's making? My stomach grumbles a bit and I swallow some stray saliva down my throat. It smells good.
    'Listen. Just give me some time. I'll get used to this. Probably,' I mutter as some kind of apology.
    Rosemary closes the door, leaving me in my privacy. How do I even do this? I'm a complete failure already and we haven't even done a single thing a normal husband and wife would do, except for her washing my clothes and making dinner. I'll have to do my part. A loving husband holds his wife, hugs and kisses her. A shiver runs down my spine at the mere thought of it. I'm sure Rosemary won't like it. She said it herself after all: she dislikes it to be touched.
    I take a deep relieved sigh and dry myself. I look at a blow dryer on the cabinet and hesitate. Well, some things you'll need to have done in your life, right? I take the blow dryer and dry my hair until it looks more like a blonde fluff ball than anything else. I raise a brow. This is... unacceptable. I scour the place for something like gel or wax - anything to get my hair down and finally, finally I find something. After some modelling I finally get the result I want. Acceptable. I dress myself in the jogging pants and shirt and make a mental note to never get myself into vanity projects again. I make sure to leave the room proper - for my measures, that is - and walk down the stairs. This place is immense. I wonder if she ever gets lonely. I huff to myself As if that's any of my business.
    'I'm done,' I say, much too cold for a proper husband. I bite the inside of my cheek and I suddenly remember the question she asked me before. I lean against the kitchen counter, keeping my gaze at a steady level. 'And by your appearance I mean that..' I hesitate once, before giving myself a mental slap. '... you're an attractive woman to look at. And you come from a wealthy family. So they won't look at you filled with aversion or disgust. And yes, your conclusions are right. Be polite, mysterious and smart will pretty much sum it up.' I look at the food she's preparing. This woman... she's truly overdoing it. But it smells so good. Sea-devil is one of the dishes my mother used to make on sundays.
    'Do you need any help? You're overdoing it.' I cross my arms. 'If we're supposed to keep this husband and wife thing up, I'll need to take some kind of responsibility for my wife. And there's another problem: neither of us really enjoys it to be touched, but we can't stay away a few feet from each other 24/7 either. That'll raise suspicion.' This thing is getting on my nerves already. I long for a smoke. At least the food looks really good.
    'By the way, the food's really good,' I say by means of a compliment to my wife. It isn't a lie and frankly, I haven't had much trouble saying it either. Maybe I should just drop the 'honey sweetie' act and stick to myself a bit more. Time. I need some more time. I'll figure this out.

Bella
    I wait patiently for him to reply. He'd granted me a lot of time to think about his question, so it was only polite that I'd then give him time as well to reply to me. I winced a little when he said no, realising that he'd probably only suggested it because he could tell I was curious about his taste. Then I blinked at him – he would bite me back? If I wanted him to? I smile a little uncertainly – at least I didn't have to worry about sleeves, I was still shirtless from my impromptu shower with Fiyero. As I remembered that I was in just my bloody jeans and bra in front of a strange man, I began to blush, but I nodded firmly. It'd keep in with his story, with us both having to tend to each others wounds. Also, it'd be an experience for me. For all the people I've bitten, I've never once been bitten back. I wondered if it hurt more or less then being shot.
    “I do.” I said hesitantly. “And I'd like.. For us to stay together.. Until the wounds heal. Like in your story.” I swallow – I'd never intentionally bit anyone, for just one bite. If I bite, it's because either I'm hungry or I'm scared – it was why I bit Raisa so much when I first moved her. I was scared, and I was getting so much more affection then I was used to. She soon stopped trying to cuddle me though, considering every time she tried, I'd bite the crap out of her arms and shoulders. Then I took a deep breath, and took his arm. Lev had a oddly serene expression on his face – I guess he zoned out to try and avoid the worse of the pain. I softly kiss the skin, feeling the texture of his skin beneath my lips before opening my mouth and biting deeply into his arm. He tasted amazing, and I made a low noise deep in the back of my throat as his blood pumped into my mouth. It was only from sheer will power that I pulled away without removing any muscle from his arm. I panted a little, a little tense from nerves. His blood covered my mouth, but I held up my arm for him. I hoped he wouldn't bite too hard, but also... I didn't want it to be too gentle. I was however, very scared.

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

I hold back a smile when she blushes. It’s kind of sweet, innocent. Then she nods, and I feel how I’m softly nodding back at her, without really intending to do so. It’s a silent agreement, saying; if you want me to bite you, then I will.
    “I do,” she expresses her desire out loud.
    What an odd turn out of events. I can honestly say that during my stay with the cannibal tribe in Guatemala I’d never once thought that I’d be carrying out their tradition myself. Suddenly I’m overpowered by a surge of pre-incidental guilt. She is so young, this girl before me. Is really fair for me to mark her in such a way? She’ll carry an imprint of my teeth around forever, for everyone to see. What will they say? Raisa told me she already struggles to make acquaintances; won’t they judge her for it? Humans are an awful prejudiced lot these days. They don’t need much to cast another out.
    But it is her wish. And will I not be the one to hurt her and turn her down by denying it? I believe it would be the truth. I must bite her then. There is no other choice but to obey.
    “And I'd like… for us to stay together… Until the wounds heal. Like in your story.”
    I am somewhat surprised by this confession. After all, I still am a stranger and I would’ve thought she (and the Gem children in general) would be more wary of me. Again, I feel myself nodding. I would never deny anybody my company, if they want me around. Yet it’s a sort of relief, to know that she actually wants me to stay near, instead of to just take a bite and then have me sod off. The latter is not so much what I expected her to feel, but it’s what I feared on some unconscious level.
    I watch her fascinatedly, while she seems to be pondering and doubting. I only want her to go through with this if she wants it herself, not merely because I suggested it. I take a miniscule step closer, to show her that I don’t mind about the bite. She breathes in deeply and takes hold of my arm. I shudder when she kisses my skin; I’d expected pain and not affectionate gestures. But in all honesty, I can’t say I mind it. It’s just that I’m taken off guard by it a little. But surely soon enough, she bites. I can feel her teeth breaking my skin and I can feel my own blood warming up the part of my arm she bit. I keep very still, so as not to startle her lest she bite down harder. I don’t feel pain, but it’s a little uncomfortable because I’m very much aware that I’m being hurt. She has my permission, though, so there’s no reason to act against it. After a little while, she pulls away. I look at her face and can’t help but laugh softly. She looks as if she’s run away from one those terrible horror movies, my blood covering her mouth. I take the towel that is lying on the counter top and press it against her mouth, to clean her up. When I take it off, she looks much better again.
    “Do not rouge your lips, red is not your colour,” I advise her teasingly.
    Meanwhile she’s holding up her arm for me. I gently take her wrist and bring it back down again. If I am to scar her, I shall do it where she can choose for it to be seen or not. Only when I hesitantly move her strap down do I realise she is wearing nothing but a bra and a pair of jeans. I immediately avert my eyes. I do not want her to think I would take advantage of the situation; it’s not in my nature. I will only look when asked or offered, and even then I would probably be careful as to where I let my eyes wander.
    Slowly I bring my mouth to her shoulder and put my hand on her lower back to support her and hold her close to me.
    “Forgive me,” I whisper against her velvety skin.
    I sink my teeth into her shoulder, just hard enough to pierce her skin but not forceful enough to make her bleed. I believe she has gotten the lesser part of the deal, since her bite should have been inflicted quicker than the one I’m causing now with my blunt teeth. After all, what is more hurtful; having your flesh cut with a dull knife or a razor-sharp blade?
    When I am done, I delicately press my lips against her tender skin and try to ease the sting with a light kiss. I could not care less if my own arm is still bleeding.
    “Would you lead me to the bathroom, so I can tend to your wound?” I ask silently, looking Bella in the eyes. I take a small step back, to allow her her personal space. Yet to not give her the idea that I’m backing out of my promise, I offer her my hand; letting it float in mid-air between us, so she can decide whether to take it or not.

[ bericht aangepast op 21 mei 2013 - 20:11 ]

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Bella
    I could tell he was a little taken aback by the request that he stayed close to me while the bites healed – us Gem Children were almost naturally wary of all strangers, in case they were Hunters or Evil Warlocks. But Raisa brought him into the House, and I knew she wouldn't bring home anyone who'd hurt us. I trusted Raisa. It was only her that I actually trusted - I could trust my 'brothers' only as far as I could throw them. Which was about two, three meters. Depends on the brother. But frankly.. I was curious about him, this strange man that treated me like I was a normal teenage girl, not a savage, untamed creature like most people did. It was strange, being treated like this. I was still debating if I liked it or not. But I decided that if he wasn't going to run, I wanted to get to know him much better.
    After I bit him and looked him, I smiled as he laughed softly. I must look ridiculous with the blood around my mouth.. Huh, usually I didn't really care how I looked. Why should I? No-one normally pays enough attention to me to notice. But I stood still and let him wipe my mouth gently with the tea-towel on the side. It was oddly nice, having someone do that. I giggled shyly at his joke - certain shades of red looked damn good on me, but I usually stayed away from red. Mostly because the others in the House didn't like it - reminded them too much of me being covered in blood I assumed.
    A brief look of confusion flashed across my face as he put my proffered arm down. Then I blushed even more, as he pressed a hand to my bare lower back and gently pressed his lips to my shoulder. I shuddered a little and made a small uncertain noise from the unusual contact. Then he bit, and I hissed softly in shock and pain, my hands automatically curling into fists on the back of his shirt. Shit, getting bitten hurt like a fucking bitch. No wonder no-one let me bite them.. I knew instinctively that it hurt more because his teeth were blunt, like most peoples. Yes, being bitten was more painful then getting shot. Shoot me any day, just don't bite me again. Then I made a little noise when he gently kissed the wound. It felt more like a bruise, unlike the bleeding mess of his arm. He tried to step back, but I didn't let him, my muscles seemed to have frozen briefly from the pain. Then I let him, and took his hand shyly. I looked him back in the eyes for a few seconds before dropping my gaze - I wasn't used to eye contact. Nor was I really used to being touched. But still, I lead him to the bathroom, where the bath was still covered in a bloody film from Fiyero trying to clean me off.. That reminded me, I had to dye my jeans.. I sat him on the toilet, and put his arm into the sink, starting to run the hot water. It'd take a little to stop bleeding because it was a pretty deep bite, but that was okay. Cleaning it would probably hurt like hell, but I wanted to make sure it'd heal cleanly.
    "This'll probably hurt." I murmur, apologetically. I couldn't feel my own bite bleeding, so I didn't worry about it much.

Raisa
    I heard them talking softly, and slipped outside to the garden. I'd assume they'd need privacy, and so I was willing to give it to them. I went into the gardens, where I head movements. Curious, I headed towards the noise, and found Fiyero doing laps in the pool. I smile, and sit by the side, automatically picking up Lazu's book. He'd throw a fit if he knew his book was out here, but I had no intention of telling him. They're all grown-ups legally, so although I see myself as their mother, I let them sort squabbles out amongst themselves, and don't tell tales on any of them. There was no need to.
    "Hello Fiyero." I said softly, moving my curls out my face again. I noticed from the movement that my neck was senstive to touch, after the Hunter bit it so hard. She bit almost as hard as Bella - but it actually hurt less when Bella bit you. Her teeth were very sharp, so it was more like a bit then a tear, like when most people bit,.

[ bericht aangepast op 21 mei 2013 - 22:21 ]

[I'm sorry for the crappy post!]

Jazlyn Delaney.

Well, I may not be the best when it comes to people chasing you, but I am quite good at other things. Outstanding even! So, yes, I wasn’t aware that the guy followed me, until I was in my apartment. Then, however, was a turn of events in favor for me. He remained standing outside, which I noticed when my eyes wandered towards it. It was kinda noticeable, such a kiddo in this district, since it was not exactly one of the residential neighborhoods.
    The way he is standing there, he seems like a real smooth-boy, like he “knows” that he can get all the girls he wants. Or you know, he swings the other way and it’s off limits for the women when it’s actually “hello dudes, come my way” for him. What is fine with me, all the better even!
    Still, I acted I hadn’t seen him and continued hastily with what I was doing. Otherwise he would know, and that is not what we want, ladies and gentlemen. Just in case, I took inconspicuously the few precious stones I currently held. I would prefer eating my damns shoes than he gets his hands on it!

When, however, he appeared in the bathroom, as if it was his property instead of mine, I licked my teeth exasperated. The shower head I’d turned off. The water was so hot that my skin ached and glowed slightly red, but it did not matter to me.
    I thought it would be nice if I could feel it, what probably should be clear to people now, after I’d bitten them and well, I’ve been by some. That chick, I need to know who she is! How about paying her a visit tomorrow? Or earlier, of course. I grinned, but then reminded myself that the lad had arrived in my bathroom like he owns the damn place.
    "Knock, knock," He said with a bored tone in his voice. I let my eyes wander critical over his stature and let one eyebrow irritated upwards.
    "I never get goddamn peace and privacy," I growled. The shower curtain was still closed, but I opened it and put a towel around my body. I did it with rough handling, but it was obvious that it did not care what he did or did not see.
    "Look pretty boy," With a warning glance I turned to him. “If you aren’t gone here within the next two seconds,” I hissed. “I’ll throw you out the goddamn window.” I would like to be my perverted-me, but at this moment I’m tired of everything and everyone. So the remark I really wanted to say, I actually kept to myself. For me he seemed such as a plague kid, coming from a wealthy family and who gets everything. I hate those people.

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

I let her take the lead and quietly follow her to the bathroom, where she makes me sit down on the toilet. I try not to laugh too much, because I can imagine that it would be an odd sight if anyone were to walk in here right now. Maybe I also laugh a little about that fact that she has no idea how much of a fight I could’ve put up had I not want to sit down. But I like her, this one. She seems to have a mind of her own and to me that’s a good thing.
    I watch silently as she puts my arm in the sink and only flinch slightly when she runs the water. It’s too hot. I don’t like my water too hot. Soon enough, though, the sink is covered in red. I hadn’t realised my arm was bleeding that badly. Apparently Bella sunk her teeth in good while she had the chance. Good for her, I like opportunists.
    “This’ll probably hurt,” she softly warns me.
    I smile at her and slowly shake my head. Sometimes I forget how frail the human body is. During my training I was always pushed further and further, until I learnt how to ignore my pain.
    “I’ve suffered worse, Kukla,” I assure her. A little blood has never bothered me. Yet, instead of looking at my arm, I keep my eyes on her face. It’s a shame that people hunt children like her down. Would they ever stop and think about their personalities, the hurt they’re inflicting upon their relatives? I hope they awake screaming, each night, remembering every face they’ve stolen the heart of. There is no reason whatsoever that could justify killing endless of Gemhearts, none.
    When I see how the light reflects on her blonde hair, all else is lost to me. I just can’t get over the fact that she’s Asian and blonde. I don’t get it. When a sudden realisation hits me, my curiosity starts to pique. I slightly cock my head and try not to ask the question that’s going through my mind because I know how bland I’ll sound should I indeed pose it. But avoiding knowledge when in doubt has never been one of my strengths. Unfortunately the words slip out of my mouth before I can catch them, and since there is no way to retrieve them they float into the air which will most surely carry them to Bella’s ears.
    “Is that your natural hair colour?”
    I avoid her gaze by looking at my feet. I’m sure I’m blushing right now. It’s not done to ask such questions. Were my mama here, she would’ve stomped my foot or elbowed me in the ribs and given me “the look”, telling me she’s taught me better manners than that. And I wouldn’t even disagree. Yet, there is nothing I can do now to turn back what’s just happened, so I remain silent and hope Bella will take no offense.
    My curiosity will be the death of me, once. Soon, probably.

Bella
    I watch him curiously – he appeared to be on the edge of laughter on the way to the bathroom. I knew that if he hadn't of wanted to sit, he wouldn't have – now we were away from Raisa, I could tell he was a Warlock, but was either a very young one, or wasn't very good at his craft. I smile at him uncertainly, trying to make my features look reassuring when he flinches. I'm not used to trying to make people feel at ease around me, so I quickly stop trying. I probably look stupid anyway. I focus instead on cleaning out the deep bite I inflicted on his arm, trying to be as gentle as I could. I still, however, going to be very thorough. Using salt. It hurt like hell, but it made sure there would be no risk of infection. I blush a little at petname – I recognised it as one Raisa sometimes called me when I was a child. She used to jokingly call me her 'malo kukla' because I am very doll-like.
    “Is that your natural hair colour?” I blink at him startled, and smiled shyly.
    “It is..” I gently tug on a lock of my own hair. I knew it was weird, for my appearance was that of an Asian girl, who are usually had dark hair. “It's okay, I get asked that a lot.”

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

"Hello Fiyero."
    I don’t need to look up to know who that voice belongs to. There is only one person in the house who would think of coming to me whilst I’m swimming my daily laps. And there’s only one person I’d allow to do so. Raisa: our- for all intense and purposes- magical mother.
    I finish my laps and don’t bother to swim to the little step at the far end of the pool, pulling myself up and out on the edge of it. I take one of the towels I’d brought with me and wrap it around me, before sitting myself down next to Raisa. I sigh and stare into the pool. I feel empty, and not in the good way; drained. I feel drained of everything I have; energy, lust and drive.
    Then I notice Jaimes’ knife again and suddenly I feel colder than ever. It couldn’t be the weather, it’s fairly nice outside. It couldn’t be me being wet, because I’ve been outside in the pouring rain; drenched to the bone. And it couldn’t be Raisa sitting next to me, because she’s the only safe harbor I’ve had in a long, long time. I don’t think I’m sick either, I would’ve coughed or sneezed by now.
    But then what would explain why I’m trembling so terribly? Getting a bit scared by my lack of comprehension of my own body, or the absence of control over it, I rest my head on Raisa’s shoulder. I hope she doesn’t mind that my hair is soaking wet, meaning her shirt will be too, soon. Suddenly I realize that I’m, without wanting to, trying to press my body closer and closer to Raisa’s. The trembling hasn’t seized yet, though.
    Even though I don’t like being so openly vulnerable like this, I can’t help myself right now. These might be my last days with Raisa, should Jaimes prove to be a quick learner, and I want her to at least have felt and known that I’m grateful for everything she’s done for me. She took me into her house, when I needed it, when I wasn’t ready to lose my life. She nurtured and cared for me like no other woman ever has and even though I don’t know why or how, she puts up with my distant behavior and constant quarreling with the others and seems to love me despite of it.
    The only thing I’m going to hate leaving behind is her, although taking her with me would be worse.
    All of a sudden my sight is lost to me, and it takes me about five seconds to figure out that it’s because my eyes are filled to the brim with tears and that I’m on the verge of breaking out. If there is afterlife, I’m going to miss having her there.
    “I – I love you, m-m-mother,” I whisper, my voice sounding incredibly off.
    I realize this must be quite the shocker for Raisa, though. Or at least I would imagine it to be. In five years I haven’t spoken either the much abused but meaningful sentence, or the underestimated, even more meaningful name. And now I have spoken both of them into the same sentence.
    I turn a little, and try to hide in the nooks of her body.
    As Jaimes’ face flashes before my eyes, being the only thing I can see clearly now, I’m unable to hold back a sob. I’d never thought I’d give myself over to death so willingly, yet I’m teaching this boy how to kill me. I’d never even realized how much I longed for peace, and how close I felt to finding it whilst tutoring to Jaimes how to shoot an arrow is indescribable. For the first time in my entire life I actually felt like I had a say in it, like I would actually get to have a choice, not in what happens to me, but in how it happens. And that’s more than I’ve ever been granted. To choose your own death is more than most are afforded.
    Yet there is an undeniable fear making itself master of my thoughts and body. I’m not afraid of dying, or being killed for that matter, and I’m not afraid of missing out on important life events because they’re not likely to happen to me. I wouldn’t feel one once of fear, if I were to step into death’s eager reach before being taken. Stepping into Jaimes’ though, which will be more likely the case, is an entirely different matter.

Julian (Gemchild)

Lazu started clicking his tongue in a certain rhythm and suddenly, I was strangely aware of my heartbeat. Beating in perfect rhythm with Lazu’s clicking noises. He started to quote something again, it sounded vaguely familiar.
    “Any woman who thinks the way to a man's heart is through his stomach,” I heard him say. Wait, what? That took my by surprise. It’s a strange quote to use, especially in this situation. I bite back my urge to laugh. It would probably make me sound like some kind of maniac anyway. I feel Lazu’s hand settling in my chest, his finger tapping to the beat of my heart.
    “One single grateful thought raised to heaven is the most perfect prayer,” I hear him whisper. Next thing I know, tears are wetting my shirt. I couldn’t help it, I hated prayer quotes, always did, always will. Nobody there to listen to them anyway.
    “Yeah, perfect prayers. I’m sure there’s somebody standing on a cloud somewhere to collect those.” My voice sounded sincerely sarcastic. “And I’m not thinking with my dick, if that’s what you’re implying. Nor would I like someone to aim those 10 inches lower. More of an intellectual person, you know? Books, dinner, hugs.” A small smirk grazed my lips. I had found it rather amusing that he used that quote. I know he didn’t mean it like that, but, yeah.
    “You seem quite convinced about it though.. Does that mean you’re that type of guy? I wouldn’t have thought you to be, Lazu!” I couldn’t help it, I just had to take it up a notch. I chuckled and a grin spread across my face. Maybe this would stop the crying? All though my humour isn’t quite as nice as I would like it to be. People often didn’t get it. Or they did and just.. didn’t think it was funny. Ah well, you can’t have everything, can you? I notice how he keeps on shivering. I nearly forgot about the fact that he wasn’t wearing a shirt.
    “You cold?” My voice still held a slight whim of sarcasm and teasing. I quickly rubbed his back. Not that it would do him any good if he was in shock. And I expected as much.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.