• Treasure Chests

All That Glitters Isn't Gold

Magic: It's still very much alive in this world. Warlocks, masters of this magic, still live among us, hidden from Human sight. A few centuries ago, a strong warlock made a very strange discovery. When too much magic manifests in an infant's body, it crystallises in the infant's chest in the form of a gemstone. These 'Gem children' grow up as very sickly babies before turning into very strong humans. The warlocks did not care for the child and killed it to harvest the gemstone from its chest. For a while, the warlock was the most powerful of his kind thanks to the raw power of this gemstone. Then his secret came out.
    Ever since, the Gem children have been ruthlessly hunted down. Rare as they are, they already face extinction. Not all Warlocks could be bothered to hunt for this power. And this was how the Hunters were created. Humans were chosen to be charmed with a special strength, and they were blackmailed into doing the Warlocks' dirty work. This was easy until one exceptionally strong Warlock, Raisa Romaine Dvornikov, build a house and charmed it to protect the Gemchildren. Any gemchild was welcome, but Hunters would be unable to breath when they crossed the threshold into the building.
    This RPG follows the gemchildren, the warlocks, their hunters and their stories.

RPG Rules
    1)English only
    2)6 line minimum per post; (12 minimum if you have two characters in the post)
    3)2 characters maximum;
    4)Anything unrelated to the RPG in the chat topic;
    5)No killing a character without permission of the owner;
    6)No 'perfect characters'. Each character must have a few flaws;
    7)Wait 2-3 posts before replying again;

Rules related to Gemhearts
    1)They must have one personality trait that related to their Heartstone; (Find the list of traits here)
    2)They can only use their special ability when they are holding a stone similar to their heartstone in their hand;
    3)They are either taken into the protection house by Raisa the Warlock, or they hear about it and find it themselves;
    4)They are allowed to leave the protection house, but it is dangerous.

Rules related to Warlocks
    1)Warlocks don't just snap their fingers to use their magic. They use long spells, runes and potions to achieve their goals;
    2)They are not all powerful.;
    3)They can't bring people back from the dead.
    4)Warlocks can track the movements of their Hunter, but not read their mind or anything.

Rules related to Hunters
    1)Hunters are normal non-magical people who get blackmailed by the Warlocks to kill Gemchildren.
    2)They wear an enchanted necklace which gives them more strength than normal Humans and helps them tell Normal children from Gemhearts.

Roles:

Gem Children
    1) Female – Diamond – Bella Lumière – Shinibubbles
    2) Male – Lapis Lazuli – Lazu Markl – Escritura
    3) Male – Black Onyx – Fiyero Gabrielle Arch – Theodora
    4) Male – Amethyst– Julian Rowland – Yoda

Hunters and Warlocks
    1) Hunter – Female – Jazlyn Ophelia Delaney – Tortura
    2) Hunter – Female – Aerilyn Suraya Guangco – PlagueRat
    3) Hunter – Female – Blake Skyler – Ubiquitous
    3) Hunter – Male – Jaimes Avril Ashley – Escritura
    4) Hunter – Male – Alois Amboise – Hashirama
    5) Warlock – Female – Raisa Romaine Dvornikov – Shinibubbles
    6) Warlock – Female – Rosemary Aventurine Albus - PlagueRat
    7) Warlock – Male – Izan Alvaro Ruiz – Tortura
    8) Warlock – Male – Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze – Theodora

Story!

Chat Topic!

[ bericht aangepast op 5 aug 2013 - 14:42 ]

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

Lazu Jet Markl
    My outstretched hand was completely ignored. It left me feeling vulnerable and... stupid. I didn't like that, I decided. I wasn't stupid; I was quite smart. I read a lot. I got good grades when I was in school. My lip was starting to hurt slightly now. I was getting worked up. I recognized it, but could do nothing to stop it. My hands trembled and I tasted blood on my lip where I was biting too hard. Leave. Right. I had work, I needed to go to work now.
    “Very.” I was very aware that she was still staring at me with that look, the one that made me so very un comfortable. I needed Raisa. Raisa had been my only saviour on the dark night. She had protected me ever since. I looked around, but of course, she was nowhere to be seen. And then, the woman grabbed my wrist. The touch of her smooth skin seemed to burn my delicate skin. Of course, that didn't actually happen. It was the shock that made my senses deceive me. The hairs on my arms stood up in alarm. Then, the woman pulled me away from that spot roughly, nearly jerking my dislocating arm. I flinched, shock momentarily rendering me speechless.
    “Jazz, honey,” she said. Jazz. Oh, her name. Of course, Jazz was her name. I manage to nod. I'm... I'm scared, I vaguely manage to realize. Something about this woman frightens me. Yet, I smile at her.
    “Nice to m-meet you,” I said politely, a shaky smile on my lips. She's let go of my wrist. Small marks seem to stare at me from my skin. Red, shaped my weird crescent moons. Marks from where her fingernails had been digging into my pale skin. She was smiling, but there was something weird about it...
    “Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese,” I whisper with wonder in my voice. I would enjoy a poem about cheese. Actually, I wanted some cheese right now. My thoughts trailed away from the woman, until she grabbed my hand. Her tongue licked up my hand. It felt slimy, weird, alien... It was like a..
    “A snake lurked in the grass,” I mumble, still shaky from the running and being dragged around. I didn't recognize the part of town we were in. I only really walked from the house to Costa and back. Sometimes went to the supermarket. Where the hell was I?
    My breathing had sped up; I felt trapped. I had no idea where I was and I was alone with this strange lady, who treated me like...
    “Take hope from the heart of man, and you make him a beast of prey," I whispered. I was in danger, was I not? She was treating me like prey. If she had really been a tigress, she would be salivating by now. Because dinner was in reach. I felt like a helpless little mouse. I frowned slightly, trying to pull my hand out of her grasp. Huh. There were a lot of animals on my mind today. I liked animals.
    “Humans are the only animals that have children on purpose with the exception of guppies, who like to eat theirs,” I inform her seriously. No, No, stop it! Stop Stop saying things like that, stop saying things permanently! Tears came to my eyes within seconds of that last quote. I had never felt more alone in this moment. It was a terrifying realisation. I normally very much preferred being alone. Solitude was good. But right now, all I wanted was a friendly hand to hold. Speaking of hands... I attempted to pull my hand out of Jazz's grip, but it was impossible. I stumbled backwards and fell against a blind wall.
    “Inside myself is a place,” I whisper, my voice erratic. “Where I live all alone and that's where you renew your springs that never dry up.” The fear was obvious in my voice now. One single tear had already escaped my eyes, and I could not force myself to wipe it away.

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Julian (gemchild)

Bella was being insanely cuddly today. She normally doesn't do all this physical contact, seeing how she's still trying to get used to it. I didn't mind, it was nice for a chance. Most of the the others were distant and didn't like people getting close to them. Especially not Fiyero, he would do anything to try and piss you off, just so you wouldn't want to get to know him.
    I gently squeeze Bella's hand and start fidgeting with the amethyst once again.
    "How're your clock coming along?" her voice rang in my ears. I looked down at her and smiled.
    "They're alright. I do need more parts though.. I can't imagine that I'll be able to find them in the village, but hey. I always have Raisa, right?" I chuckled. "I was thinking about make you a pocket watch, a small one. You could use it, really. You might actually keep an eye on the time, and days, with one. And if not, hey, at least I tried." I smiled at her.
    "How have you been doing lately?"

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Rosemary Aventurine Albus || Warlock

The house the warlock usually resided in was white and big - as in huge and it was as expensive as it looked. Today was one of the rare occasions that the woman left the place to meet up with one of her hunters. Sunglasses, white gloves and a neat, business-like outfit made her look very rich and the black car with the tainted glasses only confirmed this. A spy had told Rosemary of Sho's whereabouts, so she was now on her way to talk to him and to collect his latest catches. She thoroughly hoped that he had some blue gems for her, it had been a while since she'd gotten a blue gem from any of her hunters. After a long journey, Rosemary parked her car in the shade of a big tree and got out of the Jaguar. She looked forward to seeing the man again, since it had been a long time since she'd last seen him. That one day when she saw him for the first time he'd been in a bar, drinking with an old guy and at first Rosemary had thought that it had been a shabbier version of Raoul sitting there. She had been right in thinking that he was a member of the Amboises as it turned out after the thorough research of her spies. Yes, she thought him to be handsome, but painful memories returned whenever she looked at the man. His eyes were different from Raoul's though and that's why she believed that perhaps, one day, she'd have to set him free.

Just as Rosemary was about to cross the street, the ring on her finger gave of a blue light, meaning that one of the two hunters had stumbled across a gem child. Seeing how Sho was about to meet up with her, she doubted it was him, so it had to be Jazlyn. Crossing the street quickly, Rosemary walked into a shop and walked all the way to the back where she was out of view. Softly she began saying the spell that would allow her to see what Jazlyn was doing at that very moment: "Visurus magam magni solis filiam his procedens é latebris Ibis Circêum liber in hospicium haud arctis arctis clusum terminis." Her eyes glowed green for a moment as she saw how Jazlyn held onto a cute blue haired guy. A very pleased smile appeared on her face as she muttered: "Yes, very good Jazlyn, go and get me that boy's gem." She ended the vision and made her way outside of the shop again with a lighter tred than before, almost happy about the fact she'd probably get a new gem from Jazz as well. Getting her cellphone out, she dialled Sho's number and as soon as he'd pick up she'd ask: "Sho~? Where are you? I'm in town."

there is an ocean in my heart, hidden behind eyes of celadon.

Valerie Aridóttir - Gemchild

I woke up and realized that I was still wearing my damaged jeans, full of dirt. I immediately changed clothes, I pulled on black shorts with chains all over it and a dark blue T-shirt. They felt warm and comfortable. I gained some strength during my sleep, but my stomach was still empty. I could almost hear it praying for food, but I decided to wait until someone would ask me if I wanted to eat something. I had to play safe for a while. I might got kicked out if they thought I was rude. Besides, I didn't even know where the refrigerator was. I could barely remember in which part of the house I was. I looked for a brush in my bag. I brushed my hair until it was static and fluffy as hell. I knew fluffy hair looked good on me, it gave me confidence. I sat down on the bed and waited for something to happen, thank God I'm patience.

Let it come and let it be

Jazz Delaney.

He seemed scared, it fed me. His innocence, I could almost taste it. I was so happy, more amused, that this interesting young man was someone I would take over. I’d take his heart.
    Unfortunately I would have to bring it to that terrible Warlock, whose heart I’d pull out some time. But first torture, as my name is Jazz. I would make her suffer.
    Well, one day. Hey, a woman can dream right? I sighed deeply. Maybe Sho and I can work together. I am sure that he’d think about it, as he hates her as much as I do. So I thought at least.
    My lips slowly curled upwards, in a sly grin that you couldn’t trust, it had something snake-like. There laid a shaky smile on his lips, while he still put that politely-act on.
    ‘Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese,’ it sounded like a soft song, as he whispered the words. Again I ignored it, though his soft voice sounded like music to my ears. Now I wanted to touch him even more. Wait Jazz, have patience, even if it’s just a little. Think about the people who could still pass by, because if they notice that he doesn’t like your touching, they’ll shoot to help like they are Superman. Goddamn.
    Once again soft whisper. There was a strange kind of sound coming from me, what seemed like the purring of a cat. A rather sadistic cat, though. That noted; I shook my head with the morbid grin on my luscious lips. He tried to free himself, but I would not let him. I won’t let him go that easily. He was the one that approached me in the first place, now he gotta pay up. Jazz-style, of course.
    ‘Humans are the only animals that have children on purpose with the exception of guppies, who like to eat theirs,’ He informed me seriously. This time I responded, while tears came from his eyes.
    ‘I’d like to eat you.’ He could – I already forgot his name – interpret it in an obscene way. Actually it was a sexual innuendo, maybe. I would see the humor in it, anyway. He stumbled backwards and fell against a wall, what I liked, then that’s already happened. He sounded so scared, I almost wanted to give him a break and let him free.
    … Wait – I didn’t mean that. Of course I would hold him against his will, Jesus Christ. I’m no Jazz for nothing you know; I would like to taste that skin again.
    I looked around, no one. Now is the time, so I pushed him quickly – and especially rough – further in the empty alley. Here I know the way by heart, so if someone would come and Superman his ass, I had an advantage. Moreover, I don’t want to leave earlier than to taste this kid again. I really don’t give a flying fuck about other people who do find me strange; they could suck someone’s dick.
    The cigarette I had was already thrown away. His wrists I shoved tightly together behind his back, without a second to be less strict. Then I pushed myself against him and let my face wander to his neck, never missing that evil smirk and amusing look in my eyes. I stuck my tongue out again and licked his neck to his jaw. My gaze fell upon his lips, which showed dried blood. He probably bit it too hard. Without removing my eyes from it, I licked the blood from his lip and laughed softly, while I tasted the famous rusty taste.
    ‘Don’t be afraid, I will take care of you, little duckling.’ I whispered hoarse in his ear. My other hand that was still free was already on his way to his shirt, where it slipped under and moved over his soft skin – discovered it. Playful I scratched with my nails on his skin, while bit in his neck.
    I almost didn’t want to murder him, because he feels so soft and tastes sweet. Maybe I can keep him for myself and lock him up somewhere. No one will ever notice. He will be my prisoner for my guilty pleasures.

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.

Bella
    I listened to Julian talk, and giggled. I was terrible for time-keeping, I knew that. Well, not always. Sometimes I was one punctual mofo. But usually, always late. For everything apart from meals. The only times I was late for meals was when I was out hunting. Even then, I did my best to get home and cleaned up before I saw anyone in the House – everyone was uneasy with me as it is, I didn't want to make it worse by going to the dinner table covered in blood holding a severed limb. It wasn't done in polite society, as Raisa keeps reminding me. And although I didn't really see how it was, I did try to stick to her rules.
    “Thank you.” I said genuinely. “I'll use it all the time.” To look at. I didn't like using watches, but I did rather like to look at some of them. Especially pocket watches – they had a air of history that made me happy. “I've been doing okay.” I smiled brightly but falsely. I've received news through my homeless network (homeless people who gave me information in return for not being eaten) that one of the gang members was coming to the village soon with his children. I was still going to kill him – in front of the children if I had to, but I'd prefer not to. I'd been having nightmares again, about watching my parents being tortured and killed in front of me.

Raisa
    I walked up to the new girls room, and knocked gently. I never walked straight into anyones room – I always knocked and waited to be let in. I got into that habit after I walked into Bella's room to make she was okay because I hadn't heard from her all day, and had seen her in the process of frying someone's brains and kidneys. After that, I swore to only ever go into their rooms with their permission. Okay, I knew that she was the only one I was going to find feasting on a homeless person, but still. I liked to give them their privacy.
    “Valerie?” I asked softly. “It's Raisa. Are you awake now?”

Lazu Jet Markl
    Words; They stumbled unto my tongue and then fell from my lips as wordless little clouds. Useless. I thought words would protect me, they would keep me safe in a realm of fantasy and impossible situation. Yet, here I was, in an impossible situation. And I was alone with no protection. The words were useless. Despite the fact that she was staring at my mouth, she ignored nearly everything I was saying.
    The snake-smile was back, ready to devour me. Behind that smile, unspeakable and terrible thoughts must be hiding, I realized in silence. I was intrigued suddenly, a feeling that briefly made me ignore the stone cold fear in my chest. If she were just another character on paper, I could understand her. She would have a dark, painful past. Something terrible must have happened to her, and that affected her personality deeply. It was the reason for her rough manner, the cruelty in her eyes...
    She was making a noise; it reminded me of a cat. I liked cats, I thought. I never liked cats, I always had. I frowned through my tears, ignoring how much my body was shaking. Always and never, I remembered, are two words you should always remember to never use. My lips twitched in a weak attempt to smile at the woman.
    “I'd like to eat you,”I heard her say. Her voice send shivers through me, I was trembling with absolute terror. Eat me? Tears were blurring my vision, so suddenly, all I could see was Bella. Bella's white hair, Bella's cruel eyes... This was where the similarities ended. Bella's eyes were not dark brown. She did not wear the bright red lipstick.
    A whimper came from my lips, a pleading sound. The red lipstick, it reminded me of blood. Suddenly, her lips seemed like a terrible weapon. She could bring pain with those lips. She could... devour me.
    “The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists - that is why they invented hell," I say. I say the words quickly, my tongue stumbling and tripping against my teeth as I speak. My voice is high pitched with fear. The tone that pleads for help is still practice. It embarrasses me, how easily it seems for her to have me beg for... for...
    "Sweet mercy is nobility's true badge,” I sob, my voice a mess now. Too many emotions, too little time to process. Terror and fear, intrigue and loneliness, thrill and anxiety... “Sweet mercy is no-nobi-nobility...” I'm stuttering now; I never stutter. Sobs are breaking up my words as I press myself against the wall. My legs are shaking,. They're only barely supporting my weight, as they've gone weak. I was a useless mess.
    Then, without my body being prepared for any sort of movement, she leaves. For a millisecond, I think I'm free and relief floods over me, drowning me in it's sweet bliss. Then I get dragged along, into a silent and abandoned ally way. My heart nearly stops. I didn't even know the village had ally ways. The village was so happy and open, how could dark places like this exist? I gasp as she grasps my wrists twisting them in a tight lock behind my back. They hadn't been doing anything anyway, my body was as animated as ice. Literally frozen with fear. What a terrible cliché to hit me this hard. I make a small noise of pain, as my arms aren't used to bending this way.
    Suddenly, she was there, pressing herself against me. Her breasts, covered in a thin fabric, push themselves against my chest, seeking my attention. I was vaguely aware of her hips pressing up against my crotch as well. Her whole body could not be closer to mine and I could not be more frightened. I whimper when her lips parted, seeing the sharp white stubs glint in the dimmed light. Her teeth, sharp teeth that could rip flesh from my fragile bones and...
    “Don't!” I beg, my voice no more than a terrified whisper. “Plea- Please, Please, I-” My voice gets cut off when her tongue snakes out and licks the dried blood from my lower lip. I shiver unwillingly at the alien sensation of her tongue on my sensitive skin. I whimper with fear and press my body against the concrete wall behind me.
    “Don't be afraid,” she whispered. Her voice has a strange hoarse quality. It was new to my ears. Her free hand, the one that wasn't locked over my wrists, slipped under my button-up shirt. This touch made more tears form and my throat make a unfamiliar noise. It was desperation, terror, confusion and a request. A request for mercy. I couldn't take this. I slumped against the woman, crying as her nails scratched over the delicate skin.
    Then, out of no-where, teeth pressed against my skin., There was nothing gentle about this movement; it was fast, rough and painful. I cried out and finally my body struggled. I wriggled against her to try to get away, but it didn't work. Something warm and sticky slid down my neck. Blood.
    “Please,” I whisper. “Freedom is just Chaos, but with better lighting.” This was the worst possible time to be throwing quotes around. “Please, please.” I was begging, whispering that one word constantly. This was so unfamiliar, so rough and painful, I simply could not take it. The sobbing was uncontrollable, my body was shaking, my stomach nearly convulsing with fear.
    “S-S-St-Stop.”

Jaimes Avril Ashley
    “The Protection House” they call it. A large white building, build to protect those who have a gemstone instead of a heart. Luckily, they're only protected inside the thick walls. I walk away from it, not even glancing at it as to not arouse suspicion. I take a detour, through the thick, dark forest. Within minutes, I've arrived behind the house. There's a pool, which looks really tempting. I flash a cold smile as I imagine jumping into the pool and just waiting for my prey to come to me. But that would be too easy.
    I didn't like this job. I didn't hate it either; it was necessary. I needed Linda safely back. I spun a dagger between my fingers as I remained in the shadows of the forest, watching the house. I don't want to make this too easy. The only fun I had these days was the chase. The way I could drive them mad with fear, following them at night, leaving lovely little reminders of how fragile they could be...
    My eyes darted to the dagger, remembering how easy I could tear through flesh with this. I trailed my fingertips along the sharp edge of the blade, drawing a drip of blood from my fingertip. I watched it drip down my slender index finger, warm and sticky. It didn't hurt much. I was used to getting hurt. Some gemchildren were quite strong. I licked the blood off and focussed my gaze on the house again.
    My surroundings were silent. I played absent-mindedly with the necklace, which was red-hot with magic. They were close, I knew that. I just needed pay more attention. They couldn't stay in that house forever...
    And that's when I heard it. Thud. Thud. A rhythmic noise, every twenty seconds or so. I smiled slowly and moved out. I stayed in the shadow of the forest until a small shed came into view. The door was closed, so I walked up to it, one hand clamped around my sheathed dagger. I pushed the door open slowly. It was empty. Yet, the noise was closer now. So I went to the side of the shed. Bingo.
    A young man, around my age probably, with black hair. His grey-blue eyes were focussed on the work he was doing with a bow and arrow. I rose an eyebrow. That explained the noise. I slipped the dagger deeper in my pocket to keep it from sight. To the naked eye, it looked like I simply had one hand in my deep pocket.
    “Hey sexy.”

[ bericht aangepast op 7 mei 2013 - 12:59 ]

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Sho.

Admitted, maybe I have had a little too much of that whiskey, but at least it helped me through the night. I have never been a good sleeper. Now I silently sit on a bench in some forgotten street somewhere near the edge of town. I’m not an alcoholic; I simply enjoy alcohol. It dulls the senses, which is enjoyable sometimes. I may sound like some old guy in a denial-phase, but I am quite able to recognize something being an addiction or something being enjoyable to do.
    A little boy walks by. He is seemingly interested in my checkered plaid as he tugs it and asks for my name.
    ‘You can call me Sho,’ I reply. ‘Sho? That’s a weird name. Here Sho, I have some candies. Want one?’ he says with a smile on his face and proudly displays his colorful collection.
    ‘No, thank you,’ I reply. ‘Bye mister Sho!’ he says and walks on.
    The phone rings and I pick up. It is Rosemary. My eyes narrow just slightly.
    "Sho~? Where are you? I'm in town." Well the sooner we get this over with the better. ‘I’m at Philipsburg street, the south of town near the bakery. I have two gems. Let’s meet there.’ I’m never in a good mood when talking to Rosemary.
    I have two major moral objections: incest and murder. Ironically speaking I have to commit to one to escape the other. My father always told me that I have strong blood. Only later I would find out what that exactly meant for my future. So… you could say I’m fucked pretty badly. During my years of captivity – as I prefer to call my acquaintance with Rosemary Albus, there’s one thing I can never get used to and that’s the thought of being tailed 24/7. Wherever I go somewhere, she knows it. It’s disgusting actually, to be limited in my freedom so badly. But nothing will be worse than to return to the house of Amboise.
    I don’t know exactly how and when this woman got light of my roots, but I can’t afford to be sent back. Above all: I can’t allow him to die. He’s the only one I ever truly cared about.

No growth of the heart is ever a waste

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

“Hey sexy.” An unknown voice says.
    Quickly I turn around and point the arrow I was about to shoot at the speaker. It's a male, smaller than I am but I'm not sure how easily I could take him down. I remain frozen in the same poze for a few seconds, assessing the situation. First things first, establish if he is my kind or not. Slowly and very subtly I let my gaze dart to his chest. There's no glow, which confirms my suspicion that he is indeed not a Gemheart.
    Now it's time to choose my play. His attitude just screams Hunter, but I would hate to find out I've killed a normal human after having shot an arrow into his heart. Raisa would not take that news kindly, either. I try to push away the rising feeling of disgust, and lower my weapons. Yet, I still clutch them fiercly.
    "You startled me," I say innocently, as if to explain why I pointed my arrow at him in the first place. "Are you lost?" I let a soft smile creep its way upon my lips.
    If I am to trick this intruding bastard, I'd better make it convincing. Against my better judgement, I take a step closer.
    "I'm Jack," I say, smiling more fully now.
    I put my bow next to me, yet still holding the arrow in it's place. There's no way I'm going to render myself defenceless because I'm worth nothing in fistfights. The best I could do is knee someone in the groind and hope that it works. And well, that wouldn't be fair play, now would it?
    In my mind, I run through my options. If he is indeed a Hunter and decides to attack, I'll shoot an arrow through one of the windows to alarm Raisa. Then I'll lure him into the garden and shove him in the pool. While he's in the water, I should have enough time to get another arrow in my bow and shoot him. Or if I'm lucky enough, I'll just shoot him straight away. But I am not letting him get near my housemates.
    Or maybe I will do just that. Lure him into the house and watch him struggle for air. I've never actually watched anyone die, or killed anyone for that matter, but I don't think I would find any mercy for a Hunter. They're out to kill me, kill the others. And they've probably killed our kind before. If it's between my life, and a Hunter's, I will not hesitate one wretched second.
    "If you need a map, I think we have one in the house. I'm not very good at giving directions."

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Jaimes Avril Ashley
    The guy turns around quickly, pointing an arrow at me. Oh dear, very jumpy aren't we? My flirty grin widens slightly. Ah, this is always fun. I chew my lip thoughtfully, my eyes never leaving his. I'm not bothered by the arrow. Yes, it would harm me. Hell, it would probably hurt quite a lot. But fear was a close friend of mine. We knew how to deal with each other.
    “You startled me.” Yeah, evidently, Captain Obvious. “Are you lost?” He smiled, slowly. He takes a step closer to me and I finally look away from his eyes to look at the rest of his body. Not bad, actually quite good looking. I have to focus hard to guess what gem he is. The necklace gives me some extra strength and the ability to tell when gem-children are near. And if I focus really hard, I can kind of sense their stone. For example, I knew this guy's stone was going to be quite a dark colour. That could mean anything from Sodalite to Onyx.
    “I'm Jack.” Yes honey, I'm sure you are. I chuckle quietly and watch as he puts the bow down. Please, the guy wasn't stupid. Gemhearts never trusted strangers right away. “If you need a map, I think we have one in the house. I'm not very good at giving directions.” Oh please, like I was dumb enough to follow him into that wretched house. First of all, there was a 60% chance of the Warlock being there. Second, it was protected. We didn't know how, but all Hunters were warned. You do not go into the house. So we didn't
    “I'm not lost,” I said softly, a laugh in my voice. It had been a while since I could have fun with a gemchild. “My name is Jaimes,” I continued. Please, just... please with the whole false name bravado. My name was amazing, as was I, and I was not planning on hiding that.
    “Me and my gorgeousness were just wandering the forest when we heard you. My curiosity was stirred.” I made a show of looking him over again, trying to undress him with my eyes. It was a nice idea, but sadly it had never actually worked. It would be cool though. “
    “It's very nice to meet you... Jack,” I said with a chuckle, looking back to his eyes. They seemed ice blue now. Huh.

Jazz Delaney.

Deliberately I am not responding to the words that are coming from his mouth, but when he said the following, I could not help but think about it.
    ‘Sweet mercy is nobility’s true badge,’ He sobs and I vaguely notice how his voice is a real mess right now. He still seemed to be afraid of me, or in any case this situation, I was honestly confused there laid another emotion behind. What the hell was it? I couldn’t put my finger on it.
    ‘Well honey,’ I whispered with a hardened tone, while my face got the same harsh look. My lips pressed firmly together for a single moment. ‘I’m not very noble, so you don’t have to worry about some “sweet mercy”, as you’d call it.’
    I rolled my eyes, since I still did not know or understand what was visible in this kid his eyes. Curious – and above all stubborn – I wanted to know what that look meant, so I stared deep into his eyes. Suddenly it hit me. Was he… intrigued? Why, what, how? He was even stranger than I was, this punk!
    His whole body seemed to be shaking, his words stuttering, as if there was an earthquake going on or he was having some weirdass attack. While I did his arms behind his back, he made the kind of sound that was filling my heart with a strange kind of joy. A little jump in my body made sure my actions stopped for a second or two and I looked at him cunningly, although it had a playful ambiguity. The small noise of pain that came from him was enough to feed me on that moment, as it was music to my ears. Then I pushed myself against him.
    ‘Don’t!’ The terrified whisper let me think where we were now, a dark alley, at number one if I had it right. ‘Plea- Please, Please, I–’At the end of the street was the church, pretty ironic though. But then again: I’ve always been bad at remembering things, I even forgot his name. The Gem child whom I wanted to make my toy, not murder him. Though thinking about Ryan made my chest ache, it hurts much and with that thought I roughed up my act against the kid. If I don’t kill him, that witch is gonna know. Fuck, god damnit.
    His request for mercy I dismissed. I’d already informed him earlier about that; no mercy for anyone. Expect Warlocks, those disgusting sonofabitches I don’t even want to have in my sight. More tears came rolling down his now almost pale cheeks. I wanted more from his sweet skin, revenge maybe, but mostly turning my anger into lust. That poor boy had met me at the worst time, and now he was taking the consequences of that. I almost felt sorry for him. But that sense of possession came to the surface and showed is ugly face, since it was almost visible in my eyes. I blinked it away. He could not see it.
    The red blood mingled with my bright red lipstick, as if it’s pretend to be that way. At that point I didn’t hear his cry anymore, I did not notice that he began to rebel – I pushed him only even stronger against the wall. His blood roamed inside me now, and the smell of it reeled me in a good way. I smelled it; the lovable smell like perfume. I tasted it; his rusty blood mixed with its sweet skin. The syrupy liquid stroked my full lips, then my jaw when I caressed the wound. It was a strange sight for anyone who could see it, because it looked like I caressed a little kid or something.
    ‘I don’t do kids, but you are cute.’ My tongue slithered out again, licking up the red blood. My nails still glided over his skin, when I suddenly stumbled upon a scar. Abruptly I stopped with everything I did and roughly pulled his shirt up. I looked at him quite cold, no trace of the bloodlust from before, even though my mouth was still covered with the dark red liquid. ‘How’d you get that scar, child? Spill it.’ With the same brutal actions I rubbed over it with my small, pale fingers.

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

“I'm not lost. My name is Jaimes. Me and my gorgeousness were just wandering the forest when we heard you. My curiosity was stirred.” The way he is staring at me makes me feel uncomfortable. He looks at me as if I'm something to eat, the way Bella looked at me when she first came to the house. Only there's something else in Jaimes' eyes, but I cannot seem to decipher it. I gasp, to my own frustration -only it's too late when I notice it, when I realise that Jaimes is flirting with me. It adds up. He called me sexy, he's not attacking and he just seems so... amused. Instead of backing down, I straighten my back and tighten my grip on my bow and arrow. He needs to shut his cocky mouth. Like now. Or I might shoot him anyway.
    “It's very nice to meet you... Jack."
    I snort, narrow my eyes and step closer to him, quickly dropping my act of innocence. I have two reasons for doing so. Firstly; it's not working. And secondly; I'm too pissed off to keep it up now.
    "Yeah, Jack," I answer firmly, stepping even closer to the guy. Right now, I don't care if he's a threat or not. He's on my lawn, he'll fucking behave. "So, Jaimes. Are you actually looking into my eyes or just staring at my reflection? Because I can either get you a mirror and leave you alone with it or you can tone the attitude down... a lot." Meanwhile I've stepped so close, we're chest to chest now. I furiously hold his gaze, refusing to be seen as a weakling. Because I'm not, I am a fucking survivor and his stupid ego should just deal with it and leave me the hell alone because I am not going to swallow his crap.
    "And that goes for your gorgeousness too," I grin, yet with the necessary amount of arrogance.
    I do my best not to frown as I wonder where that just came from. I mean, I can't deny he's handsome but since when do I go admitting stuff like that at loud? And towards a person I dislike even more than any other, someone I've litterally met under five minutes ago. Without even thinking about it, I close the last tiniest bit of distance between us. Now I can feel the rising and falling of his chest against my own, and just to make clear that I'm still paying attention, I let the tip of my arrow poke his leg. One wrong move and I'll drive it through. I'm actually curious about how His Gorgeousness would like being crippled. Limping is not sexy, at all.
    Surprising even myself, I bring my lips next to his ear.
    "You do seem lost, though," I whisper. I know why I act like a jerk towards others, so he must have a reason too.
    I get a little confused when my heart starts racing, pounding. This is odd, very odd indeed. Just to be sure, I let my arrow poke him a little harder.

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Lazu Jet Markl
    I tremble at her fiery touch. I bite my lip to stop myself from making more noise, but pain shoots through me when my teeth touch the damaged skin. The harsh look on her face makes me whimper with fear.
    “Well honey, I'm not very noble, so you don't have to worry about some 'sweet mercy' as you'd call it.” I swallow my tears and taste blood on my tongue. No, no, I need her to be merciful. I need... I need help. I need a way out. I hiccup pitifully struggle against her iron grasp.
    Confusion briefly appeared in her eyes. It was soon replaced by more cruelty and anger. And somehow, a spark of joy. My stomach twisted around as I realised how much the woman, Jazz, was enjoying this. She liked hearing my struggle and beg. She loved causing me pain. This was, for her, a game. And I was the toy. I flinch when she pushes herself against me as I beg for freedom. She dismisses it wordlessly, which I expected. This was too much fun for her.
    My red blood was smeared over her red lipstick, nearly invisible. She metallic smell of the blood did nothing for my stomach. I thought I was going to throw up, yet I didn't. I almost felt sorry for that, since it would sure make her back off.
    I cried out in pain when her teeth came into play, making red blood trickle teasingly down my sensitive neck and throat. I was still sobbing, but I barely noticed it now.
    “I don't do kids, but you are cute.” A kid? I was certainly not a child anymore, though I was definitively still young. Any other person, I would've told off. But words failed me once again. All I could feel was her mouth on me, her tongue licking up the sticky liquid and her nails caressing my chest. I winced when she found the scar.
    “How'd you get that scar, child?” Her pale fingers roughly rubbed over the sensitive skin. “Spill it.” Her voice was like the angry hiss of a snake, demanding and terrifying.
    “One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world will be better for this.” I shuddered when the words left my painful lips. “J-Joe Darion, The Impo-Impossible D-Dream.” I swallowed more blood and tears, along with all the courage I had left. In the end, I had been beaten so very easily. I knew this was the end for me. Maybe that was why my lips wouldn't stop moving. I whimpered with every touch she put onto my skin, yet I kept talking.
    “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars,” I whispered. My body finally stopped struggling. I was tired, cold, and terrified. I had given up the fight. I slumped against her, giving her free reign on my body. My mind, was still my own. Atleast I had that. I took a shuddering breath.
    “In... Other.. Words.. It's.. not.. Your.. B-Business...” I had always enjoyed those final acts of defiance in my books. It was about time I did one as well. I knew I would suffer for this. And I was prepared. I looked at her, my eyes filled with determination. Sadly, this was clouded by terror within seconds. The blood was smeared on her skin, there was angry lust in her eyes... I took a shaky breath. Tears had finally stopped, as had the sobbing. Giving up the fight had meant silence. The silence of death.

Jaimes Avril Ashley
    Jack-with-the-great-ass gasped out loud, which made me grin. What the hell was that about? Was my utter beauty really that shocking? I watched him straighten his back and cling onto the bow and arrow. I smiled in amusement. Really now. He snorted when I said it was nice to meet him, probably because of my subtle hint. The hint that let him know that I didn't believe for one second that his name was Jack. His eyes narrowed and the innocent act was gone. Good, because it wasn't working on me. Innocence annoyed me. Unless I was corrupting people and taking their innocence away from them. Now that was fun.
    “Yeah, Jack,” he confirmed. Yeah, right. And I'm Barrack Obama, Sassy President of the USA. He stepped closer to me, and I rose an eyebrow. Well, he didn't seem scared of me. Which was good. I didn't like it when people were scared of me, there was no fun in that...
    “So, Jaimes. Are you actually looking into my eyes or just at your own reflection? Because I can either get you a mirror and leave you alone with it, or you can tone down the attitude... a lot.” He had stepped so close now, we were chest-to-chest. He's staring into my eyes angrily. I've been trying to keep a straight face, I really have! Still my lips twitch upwards, my purple eyes staring into his icy blue ones. Well now, this was more fun than I expected it to be...
    “And that goes for your gorgeousness too.” I can't help myself. I laugh. I'm not making fun of him, I just thought the insult was pretty damn good. I like it when people can hold their own. I mean, I'm still going to have to kill him. But I would leave his pretty face intact, just for that. There's slight confusion clouding the arrogance in his eyes now. He then closes the last distance between us, so that he's pressed against me. I'm a magnet for sexy people, almost literally. I can feel a beating in his chest. A heart, though not made out of flesh and blood. A gemstone.
    Suddenly, something pokes my leg. I glance down, finally breaking eye contact. Okay, he's asking for it...
    “You do some lost though,” he whispers suddenly, his lips close to my ear. Oh, flirting back now, are we? His heartbeat has picked up. I raise an eyebrow when the arrow pokes me a little harder.
    “I'm not lost... I'm exactly where I need to be.” Huh, where did that come from? “Is that an arrow poking my leg, or are you just really happy to see me?” I can't keep a straight face as I say it. The opportunity is too good to pass up. God I'm immature today, what is wrong with me? I shake my head, chuckling.
    “And darling, a mirror wouldn't be half as interesting to talk to as you are,” I add with a wink. “Plus, you have a better ass than any mirror.” Since he's so close, I can easily reach out and lay a hand on his chest. Right over his 'heart'. It really was beating quickly, as was my own. The thrill of the chase, right?

Bella
    My attention was pulled away from Julian when a familiar figure walked in front of us, walking off. I felt my entire body tense up with dark pleasure, as my eyes started to flicker through the different shades of red. It was the one I'd been looking for recently, and he just happened to be here... Foolish man. I look up at Julian, not caring that there was nothing but blood lust in my eyes now.
    "I'll meet you back at the house." I all but growl at him, before silently running after the man, all my senses on high-alert.

Killing him was very easy, even with two less knives. So I started to drag his corpse back to the House, where I noticed Fiyero with another guy. I blink startled at them, and wondered amused what I must look like to them - blood around my mouth, dragging a mutilated corpse over my shoulder covered in blood.
    "Hey Fi." I said nonchalantly. "I'll be around the side if you need me." Then I smiled creepily at the guy he was with. "Make sure you use protection though." Then I continued to haul my kill around the side of the house, away from the others so I could tend to my meal properly.

[ bericht aangepast op 9 mei 2013 - 15:25 ]

Julian (gemchild)

I was almost at the point of believing Bella, until she flashed me that extremely bright smile. Her teeth were almost like a canine's. Sharp, aquired after eating human flesh for a long time. Perfect for ripping through meat. I shouldn't think about that, it made me feel slightly uncomfortable actually picturing her eating a human. I think we all might have walked in on her doing that at least once, so the images aren't hard to come up with.
    But back to the point of me almost believing Bella. I wasn't like Lazu, instantly knowing when people were lying to me when I touched my amethyst. But I did have a knack for feelings. And seeing how I was, once again, playing with my amethyst, her feelings were pretty clear to me. Before I even had the chance to reply, I got smacked in the face by a sudden darkness coming off her. Pleasure mixed in with her feelings. I instantly let go of the amethyst; feelings like this were the ones I never wanted to sense coming from my housemates. I decided I didn't even want to know who she had her eyes on. Wel, right now, she had them on me. And her eyes aren't the loveliest sight when crazed bloodlust is tainting them. A small shudder made its way across my spine. At least I wasn't the one who would feel her wraith. She might not want dinner tonight though..
    "I'll meet you back at the house," she growled at me. I only succeeded in nodding, quite meekly at that, before she was gone. Note to self; do not walk into Bella's room today. And then, I was alone. Part of me wanted to go back home, but I really wanted to search for parts. And books. I honestly needed a new book myself too. One more night of Stephen King and I might actually have to call on Raisa during the night. So I continued on my way through the village, checking out the small amount of stores we have.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.