• Treasure Chests

All That Glitters Isn't Gold

Magic: It's still very much alive in this world. Warlocks, masters of this magic, still live among us, hidden from Human sight. A few centuries ago, a strong warlock made a very strange discovery. When too much magic manifests in an infant's body, it crystallises in the infant's chest in the form of a gemstone. These 'Gem children' grow up as very sickly babies before turning into very strong humans. The warlocks did not care for the child and killed it to harvest the gemstone from its chest. For a while, the warlock was the most powerful of his kind thanks to the raw power of this gemstone. Then his secret came out.
    Ever since, the Gem children have been ruthlessly hunted down. Rare as they are, they already face extinction. Not all Warlocks could be bothered to hunt for this power. And this was how the Hunters were created. Humans were chosen to be charmed with a special strength, and they were blackmailed into doing the Warlocks' dirty work. This was easy until one exceptionally strong Warlock, Raisa Romaine Dvornikov, build a house and charmed it to protect the Gemchildren. Any gemchild was welcome, but Hunters would be unable to breath when they crossed the threshold into the building.
    This RPG follows the gemchildren, the warlocks, their hunters and their stories.

RPG Rules
    1)English only
    2)6 line minimum per post; (12 minimum if you have two characters in the post)
    3)2 characters maximum;
    4)Anything unrelated to the RPG in the chat topic;
    5)No killing a character without permission of the owner;
    6)No 'perfect characters'. Each character must have a few flaws;
    7)Wait 2-3 posts before replying again;

Rules related to Gemhearts
    1)They must have one personality trait that related to their Heartstone; (Find the list of traits here)
    2)They can only use their special ability when they are holding a stone similar to their heartstone in their hand;
    3)They are either taken into the protection house by Raisa the Warlock, or they hear about it and find it themselves;
    4)They are allowed to leave the protection house, but it is dangerous.

Rules related to Warlocks
    1)Warlocks don't just snap their fingers to use their magic. They use long spells, runes and potions to achieve their goals;
    2)They are not all powerful.;
    3)They can't bring people back from the dead.
    4)Warlocks can track the movements of their Hunter, but not read their mind or anything.

Rules related to Hunters
    1)Hunters are normal non-magical people who get blackmailed by the Warlocks to kill Gemchildren.
    2)They wear an enchanted necklace which gives them more strength than normal Humans and helps them tell Normal children from Gemhearts.

Roles:

Gem Children
    1) Female – Diamond – Bella Lumière – Shinibubbles
    2) Male – Lapis Lazuli – Lazu Markl – Escritura
    3) Male – Black Onyx – Fiyero Gabrielle Arch – Theodora
    4) Male – Amethyst– Julian Rowland – Yoda

Hunters and Warlocks
    1) Hunter – Female – Jazlyn Ophelia Delaney – Tortura
    2) Hunter – Female – Aerilyn Suraya Guangco – PlagueRat
    3) Hunter – Female – Blake Skyler – Ubiquitous
    3) Hunter – Male – Jaimes Avril Ashley – Escritura
    4) Hunter – Male – Alois Amboise – Hashirama
    5) Warlock – Female – Raisa Romaine Dvornikov – Shinibubbles
    6) Warlock – Female – Rosemary Aventurine Albus - PlagueRat
    7) Warlock – Male – Izan Alvaro Ruiz – Tortura
    8) Warlock – Male – Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze – Theodora

Story!

Chat Topic!

[ bericht aangepast op 5 aug 2013 - 14:42 ]

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

Rosemary Aventurine Albus || warlock

Rosemary saw the man before her change in attitude as his gaze grew darker. She loved watching him and she liked to guess what he was thinking about. Right now she was sure that he was thinking about that family of his that they both disliked do much. She could see he was worried about his brother and realized that she had once cared for someone the same way. After she had become a warlock she had to leave the family in order for her secret to not be found out. But she had always kept an eye out for them, watching over them, making their work prosper and riding them of their enemies. But some things couldn't be controlled and when her mother died of illness, Rosemary had wished she would have been able to be there for her father, but instead she could only watch from a distance and see how her father died of grief. How would it be for Sho to not be able to help his brother? Sighing deeply, Rosemary knew what the right thing to do was. When he handed her the gems, she took them happily and put them into her bag. They were blue, Rosemary's favourite colour. "thank you Sho. You're good at your work. I know how much you hate it." Remaining silent for a moment, she thought how to announce what he was going to do next. "There is a house in a town, full of gem children... Jazz is there already. I was planning to send you there as well, but... I changed my mind. You're coming with me for now. What I will discuss with you further is not meant for others to hear. Just know that you will see your brother again very soon." With these words she got up and made her way to the exit. "come"

[ bericht aangepast op 16 mei 2013 - 16:08 ]

there is an ocean in my heart, hidden behind eyes of celadon.

Sho.

"Thank you Sho. You're good at your work. I know how much you hate it." My facial expression doesn't change, but from the inside I have to take a deep breath in order to calm myself down. I feel the immense need to punch something, go to a hotel room, order the most expensive suite there is and sleep like a king.
    The past years I've spent many nights on the streets - ended up in trouble with the police more than often. Rosemary usually pays me for me for my 'generosity' so that I was able to at least eat and have a place to sleep. The problem is: I don't. Sleeping has become more of a bother than it is supposed to be relaxing. At night I can't prevent the nightmares from coming back. I'm always reminiscing his face, his scent, his hands... I gulp, involuntary drawing some attention from Rosemary. I've been wondering several times if she knows about... that too, but I've never dared to ask. A part of me doesn't want to know and sometimes it's better to live with the questions than the answers.
    "There is a house in a town, full of gem children... Jazz is there already," Rosemary says and I look up. A house of gem children? Could it be that.. someone has taken them into protection? She continues her story. "I was planning to send you there as well, but... I changed my mind. You're coming with me for now. What I will discuss with you further is not meant for others to hear. Just know that you will see your brother again very soon." My eyes widen for a moment and I want to reply, but she has already gotten up. "Come."
    I follow her to the exit, still baffled by her words.
    'Wait,' I say when we are finally back on the streets, my voice raised a bit. I am tired and I feel that my body's not happy with being mistreated so much last night. Still, what I have heard just now wasn't a delusion. I look at her with narrowed eyes, not trusting her words for even one second. 'I don't know what kind of game you're trying to play with me, but I refuse to play along. I haven't seen my brother in years and that's not changing.' My stoic nature shows some cracks.
    'You know just as well as me that when I set a foot on the Amboise household, they'll take me in and never let me go. Not until I've provided them with a child.' I am a man with no future, no family. These people, they've never been family to me. Whenever I see parents in the park playing with their children I wish that child was me. The only light in the darkness was Raoul.
    "Run, run together with me Raoul!" "I am not the same as you, Alois. I'm not as brave as you are." "Brother..." "Go. I'll be fine, go. But take this and vow to me that we'll see each other again." "But this is yours. Father has given it to you." "And I'm giving it to you. If you don't want it anymore, then give it back to me when we see each other again."
    I look at my ring in silence, then gaze up at Rosemary.
    'Do you enjoy toying with a person's emotions?' I don't know what kind of trap this is, but if she plans on killing Raoul before my eyes, I'll stop her myself. Even if it means that it'll be the last thing I'll do!

No growth of the heart is ever a waste

Rosemary Aventurine Albus

When Sho called out to her, she stopped and turned around to look at him. "what is it?" She asked and that was when he told her that he didn't know what game she was playing, but that he was not going to play it. Rosemary's expression became dark as she said: "I'm playing the 'get revenge and protect my promise' game. I was hoping you'd pay it with me." For a moment she remained silent when he said that he wasn't allowed to come back without a child. Several ideas and plans raced through her head and finally she answered: "I know your family very well. Better than you know. I don't know what stories are passed on in you're family, but do you know who your brother was named after?" By then, Rosemary's face was ice cold, but the anger and hurt showed in her eyes. Huffing angrily, she turned half away from him, slightly hurt by his distrust. "I made you a promise. I promised I wouldn't let you or your brother get hurt as long as you work for me. I like to keep my promises, unlike your family." Pausing once again she clenched her hands together and tried to regain her composure. "I won't let them keep you. So... Let's get you a child." Turning her back on him now, she took a deep, quivery breath and finally managed to calm down. "you, me. Car. Now. Follow me." She started walking and was ready to knock him out and drag him if she had to.

Sho.

'Revenge. Such a hollow and simplistic thing to seek after. There will be nothing but emptiness once you've got it.' She doesn't seem to take notice from my words - or either she hides it very well. She continues speaking, telling me that she knows my family well, more than I know. My hands clutch into fists. So that means... so that means that it's possible that she knows about him as well? My gaze darkens. No. There was nobody who knew, not even Raoul. She may be able to track my every move, she still can't look inside my mind. In this prison, my mind is the only freedom I've got. And I've even been restricted there.
    "I don't know what stories are passed on in your family, but do you know who your brother was named after?" I become silent. Raoul? What does she know that I don't? 'No. I don't,' I say flatly. Either way, the last thing I want is a nice comfy family reunion. I won't even go to their damned funerals!
    "I made you a promise. I promised I wouldn't let you or your brother get hurt as long as you work for me. I like to keep my promises, unlike your family." I look into her eyes. Much to my own surprise my look doesn't even carry hate or disdain. I'm investigating her, something I haven't bothered myself with to do. What is she up to? Does she really enjoy toying with me? It's disgusting to see what kind of people walk this planet. But on the other hand... something tells me that she really isn't planning to kill either me or Raoul. I hope I'm not mistaken. "I won't let them keep you. So... Let's get you a child." My eyes snap wide open at that.
    'A child?' I think aloud. Well my father is definitely going to like that. I walk right into the Amboise house with a strange child in my arms. 'What am I supposed to do with a child? Pardon me for not following your approach on this. The only children they're interested in are their own blood.' It may have been the alcohol and the lack of sleep. Hell I could even sleep right here if this woman isn't bugging me.
    'Are we supposed to walk in there with a strange kid and tell them that I've gotten you pregnant? What joke are you pulling?' She turns her back on me and I furrow my brows. I'm not easily angered, but my family - or, better put, the monsters who are supposed to be my family - is still sore material.
    'You, me. Car. Now. Follow me.' She walks in front of me and I find myself having great difficulties to hide my anger. What is she planning?
    I follow her and seat myself next to her in the car. 'Who was he named after?' I ask, a tad more calm than before.

Rosemary

"you wouldn't say that if you knew why I'm doing this." She did say that, but the weirds stuck with her and started gnawing at her slowly, so she didn't realize it just yet. "hmmm." Rosemary was closing herself off to think and reacted hardly to anything the man said or did. When they sat in the car, Sho asked her who his brother was named after. Rosemary smiled vaguely and softly said: "sleep. We'll talk at my house." She started the car and drove off, they had a three hour drive ahead of them and Rosemary had to think of what to do next. "you damned Ambois guys..." She muttered. It was extremely rare for her to curse. Her plans had completely changed, just because of this guy. She stepped onto the gas, passing 120 kilometers per hour.

Sho.

She doesn't answer my question and only says: 'Sleep. We'll talk at my house.' Again, I'm taken by surprise. I cock my head in her direction, suddenly very much awake. Hell this day has way too many surprises for comfort. Is Murphy playing jokes on me?
    Her house. She's taking me to her house? For what reason? She does know that it's dangerous to bring a hunter to the house of a warlock, doesn't she? I could use this in my advantage. However, given the amount of spies she has working for her and the fact that I'm closely monitored 24/7 doesn't give me much chance of invading her home at will. I'm wary of this situation. I look at her closely.
    I remain silent, but my thoughts are reeling. The combination of alcohol and a lack of sleep isn't bringing me anything good. It has an outcome on my mood, I realize. I breathe in slowly and exhale. In situations like this, my mind goes in survival mode. And that basically includes paying attention to insignificant things. Such as the overly clean scent of the car, a strand of my hair that curls slightly or trying to compose a song to all of the sounds the engine produces.
    It works and I'm slightly calmer than before. But I still don't like the fact that I'm with Rosemary in her care, going to god knows where. We're not going to the Amboise residence just yet, that's at least one thing I'm happy about. But I wonder if the alternative is so much better. I'll probably have to undress myself first before entering, given the fact that Rosemary is a neat freak pur sang and I haven't taken a shower in three days. But what doesn't know doesn't harm.
    'I guess I've no choice but to give you the benefit of the doubt.'
    I decide to follow her advice, for once, and close my eyes. I likely won't be able to catch some sleep, but I should at least get some rest.

[ bericht aangepast op 16 mei 2013 - 22:43 ]

Rosemary

Usually, the warlock would listen to music in her car, but seeing how Sho probably didn't share her taste in music, she refrained from turning on the stereo. Every now and then she looked at Sho who had closed his eyes. Smiling she'd turn her gaze back to the road. Living as a hermit it was strange to have company, but strangely it didn't feel wrong at all, even though her companion had attempted to kill her several times in the past. Softly she hummed a tune, stroking the leather of her steering wheel with her slender fingers. After almost four hours they arrived at the mansion, due to a traffic jam. She didn't want to wake the hunter, since he looked like he could use some more rest, but after parking her car she softly said: "Sho? Sho, wake up, we arrived."
    The mansion was a sight. It was so huge that it would surprise anyone to hear that she lived there all alone. Everything was white and clean. The marble floors glistened and the windows sparkled in the sunlight. Even though it was extremely clean, the plants, sofa and several paintings made the place look like a home.

[Double Post]

[ bericht aangepast op 16 mei 2013 - 23:39 ]

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Jaimes Avril Ashley
    The guy has the nerve to laugh when I make the shot. Fair enough, it wasn't good, but I expected worse. I don't say anything though. I just raise an eyebrow.
    “You're easily satisfied, aren't you?” You wanna find out? My lips twitch up, but I say nothing. “The way you’re shooting, of course stabbing would be more effective. If your arrow doesn’t actually hit the target, there’s no point in using it, is there?” His voice is surprisingly light, which makes me suspicious. I'm here to cut the heart from his chest, not to be friendly with him. He finally moves from behind me to pick up his twig. I watch him intently. I'm not even sure why, but I do, okay? To look for... weaknesses. That's plausible. Suddenly, he looks back at me, hints of surprise, maybe confusion, readable in his eyes. I just look at him, unblinking and unimpressed. It takes a few seconds of eye-contact, but he looks away, leaving me to feel sort of... lost.
    Yeah, lost in what the hell I'm doing and why I'm not knocking him unconscious while he's busy... I watch him take another twig, pulling leaves off it. Just like I really should have been pulling out organs right now. Okay, weird comparison, but you get what I mean. I should not be playing teacher-schoolboy with the guy. Although, that does sound rather kinky. My thoughts wander briefly as my eyes go over Jack's posture. Particularly that fine ass and how it would look naked after being spanked. I have to repress a grin. And a boner. I bite my lip playfully, watching Jack mess around with the twig. Then he looks at me and quickly wipe the emotions from my face, looking flippant and bored,
    “Listen, your attitude is just all wrong,” he says with a twig in his pocket. He looks me over and he drops to his knees. Oh god, still fighting that boner. Do not think about blow-jobs. Or spanking or anything sexual. Think of cats. Dead, bloody cats with their eyeballs in their mouths and their guts decorating their fur. Okay, that's better.
    By the time I get my penis to calm down, he's pulling on my legs and trying to get my feet straight. He gets up, gives me a critical look, seemingly oblivious of my sexual frustration. It doesn't mean anything. It's not like I like this guy. I don't 'like' people, because the whole concept is stupid and I'm way too busy being a murderer. I'm just kinda horny and it doesn't matter, because I have to kill the guy. And he's not that hot.
    He puts his hands on my hips and changes the angle, and pushes against my chest. I watch him, avoiding his intensely ice blue eyes. I don't move when he pushes me. I'm completely balanced. Huh. Not bad.
    “See,” I hear him whisper. Because my mind is already in the gutter, it sounds strangely sexual, making the sound go straight to my groin. I'm relieved I don't have a full-on-boner, it'll just look like my jeans are being stupid. “Make sure you’re standing steady.” I am after all the messing about you did. He takes my elbows and pushes them up, making me hold the bow up again.
    “Hold your elbows closer to your body, don’t let them stick out. You’re not a chicken flapping it’s wings. Don’t bring them up too high either, you’ll just strain yourself.” His fingertips run over my hands, a completely innocent gesture, which feels... wrong. It's too... close, too intimate. It makes goosebumps appear on my arms. My bloody emotions need a kick up the ass, really. I shouldn't be feeling weird about this random suicidal kid named Jack. Maybe the worst part is the gentle smile on his lips, which goes straight to my chest.
    He moves to his place behind me again, and then completely surprising me by the softest whisper. I barely hear him, and I'm sure I misunderstood it.
    “For fuck’s sake, calm down,” I think I hear him whisper. I frown, my eyes on the target. I am calm. But before I can say anything, his hands are placed on my shoulders and move to masage the tight muscles under my skin.
    “Don’t think of the bow as an addition to your arm,” I hear him say, silently. “Think of it as an extension to it. Let it become part of you. Don’t squeeze it, just hold it.” Slowly, my shoulders relax under the soothing movement of his fingers. I shouldn't let it happen, I can't let my guard down. But I don't think about that. Instead, I stare at the target.
    One of his hands slips over mine, the hand holding the cord. The twig appears and is put in the place of the arrow.
    “Let everything around you be a guide. Feel the wind on your face, your breath on the string, your fingers against your cheek, the string against your lips. Squint your eyes and focus on your target. Convince yourself that you will hit it, though I’m sure that shouldn’t pose a problem for you.” He snorts softly. My lips twitch up at the last comment. Though I want to tell him to fuck off with his 'advise', I don't. I squint my eyes at the target, feeling my body follow his instructions. I'm suddenly very aware of the wind on my skin, the cord against my lips, his voice near my ear and his body against mine.
    “Don’t force it, be gentle,” he whispers, stepping closer so we're pressed against each other. I feel him against my shoulder, feel his hands move to my hips to steady me... Again, I'm too sweeped up in all these feelings. It's bad. All of this is. I should snap at him, hit him over the head, something. Instead, I watch the target intently.
    “Now it’s up to you. Feel when the arrow is ready, when the wind is right,” he whispers, as quiet as possible. I don't focus or comment about how Disney-like that sounds. I just stare at the target in concentration. When the wind is right, what the fuck does that even mean?
    But thanks to Jack's guidance, it doesn't feel like I'm being an idiot. It feels right. And as soon as it does, I let go. I let go and watch the arrow go. And somehow, I really want it to atleast come near the target. I really hope it does. I shiver slightly, though I'm not cold. I'm very rarely cold.
    As soon as the arrow sails away, my stance slacks off and I lean subconsciously against Jack.
    “How's that then, teacher?”

Lazu Jet Markl
    As we kept eye contact, which by the way was not easy at all, I noticed the dark green colour of his eyes for the first time. His head was cocked slightly to the side, making him look slightly confused. He smiled back though, which was a relief. I wasn't being too creepy. After a few uncomfortable minutes, I broke eye-contact. My breathing was off, slightly shaky, weird. My eyes nervously followed his thumb stroke his bottom lip.
    “Yeah, I would like that. And thank you, for healing me.” He then almost-yawned, which looked a bit silly, and it relaxed me. Only slightly though. He rubbed his eyes, and kept talking. That was good. I didn't like awkwardness. And this was a bit awkward.
    “You know, when I was little and something happened which upset me or scared me, my mother would always pull me into her lap and stroke my hair. ‘Julesy,’ she would tell me ‘Psihi mou, it is alright. You are safe, nothing can harm you. Not as long as you’re in my arms, mwraki mou. So calm down.”
    I stare at Julian as he babbles on. I only understand half of what he says, partly because of the accent and partly because of the strange Greek words.
    “It never did though, not even the small, Greek petnames she gave helped at those moments. And she always knew. So she would firmly press her lips to my forehead and sing me a lullaby. Greek, of course, and I would find that to be the most soothing thing in the world. I can hardly remember the lines, and even if I would, I probably wouldn’t be able to sing it anyway. Next to my horrible singing voice, I would probably screw up on the pronunciation, seeing how I wasn’t exactly raised bilingual.” He chuckled as I continue to stare at his quickly moving lips. Seriously, I didn't realise people could talk this much. Especially not Julian. He seemed calm. He wasn't really calm now. Strangely, it was quite obvious to me that he was upset by everything that happened today. I normally didn't notice people's emotions.
    “My Greek goes as far as the pet names my mom used to give me. But that’s not the point. It’s strange to think something as small as a song could calm me, but it did. And that same song can still do that to me, even though I only remember the melody. But at least it’s something good to remember, right?”
    He smiled, his eyes far away. I blinked, storing all the new information in my brain. My brain, which was over-working again. It was turning and twisting and working and making my eyes water.
    “I... Uhm...” I didn't know what to say, really. Too many words, all twisting around in my brain. Too many words in the air around me, too much information. My breathing was slightly erratic as I stared at Julian's chin. Safe territory. Pale skin, blurred by tears in my eyes, rolling down my over heated cheeks. My cheeks must be pink and I must look like an idiot.
    “The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence,” I say, my lips moving quicker than his had before. My tongue was tripping, words were failing me, and I was a complete... mess. I was a mess. My skin felt tender, I could still feel the Hunter's touch every few minutes, words were failing me, I felt awful and... lost. Lost, alone, messed up.
    “I have not lost my mind,” I whisper, staring at the dark oak of the table. “It's backed up on a disk somewhere.” Or it should be. It should be. “We're not lost, just locationally challenged. Alone, we're all in this alone.” I force myself to turn away, look away from Julian, attempting to prevent myself from looking like a total idiot. What the hell is wrong with me? What is it that makes me so.. weird?
    “I'm very sorry,” I say, my lips moving slowly this time. “I'm very sorry, I have to... go.” And go lay somewhere and break down, maybe. Yeah.

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Julian (Gemchild)

Before I knew what the hell was happening, I could hear Lazu’s erratic breathing. I once again focused on his face en saw tears forming in his eyes. They were rolling down his cheeks in streams and it took my by complete surprise. There goes sanity and welcome panic. I honestly didn’t know what to do. Had it been me? I’m pretty sure it had to be me.
    But what had I said? I shouldn’t have overwhelmed him with stupid memories. Who wants to know about those anyway? And now I had gone and upset him. Great. How the hell was I supposed to fix this.
    “The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence,” he said. His tic started acting up again. This wasn’t a good sign. I tried to cover up my inner turmoil thing that was going on. Instead of panicked, I managed to look worried. Which I was. I mean, moments ago, Lazu seemed to be fine and now he was completely breaking down. In front of me. I’m not good at this! Where is Raisa when you need her? I am scared to death I might make this all even worse. But I have to try something. I can’t stand tears and Lazu.. Lazu looks so extremely fragile. I don’t want to be the one responsible for him crumbling to pieces. Or more so, the one who stepped on the crumbs to make them even smaller. And honestly, I feel like that’s what I’m doing right now. And I’m scared I will make it worse. But doing nothing.. I can’t just do nothing, I decided.
    “I have not lost my mind. It's backed up on a disk somewhere.” No, no. Lazu hadn’t lost his mind. He was in shock and.. hurt and probably scarred for life. More scarred, that is. I took a shaky breath.
    “We're not lost, just locationally challenged. Alone, we're all in this alone.” That’s what hit home for me. He felt lost. I didn’t need my magic to know that. He felt alone. I had felt lost for so long, years and years of running did that to me. And that’s the exact reason why I hate being alone. Outside and in the house. Even though being alone in the house was pretty much an alltime thing.
    “I'm very sorry. I’m very sorry, I have to… go.”
    I ignored him. Instead, I stood up. My legs somehow had found their strength and I looked at him. Seeing how he was still sitting, I towered over him slightly. I was still doubting, but I shouldn’t. After all, this wasn’t the first time would be doing this. But it was the first time I would do it to Lazu. Oh god, this sounds really bad, doesn’t it? Stop overthinking it Julian.
    I took hold of his hands and pulled him to his feet. I was trying to be as careful as possible, not like I was when I pulled him away from the hunter in the ladies room. I had been a tad rough then. But this time, I made sure I wasn’t. I pulled him close to my chest, closing my arms around him in a hug. I swear my heart felt like it was going to explode. That would not be pretty.
    “You’re not alone, Lazu,” I whispered softly “You have me, and Raisa, and everybody in the house if it comes down to it. You’re not alone. And you’re safe now, where you should be. And you will be fine.” And I knew, the moment I spoke those words, that I wasn’t lying. I honestly thought Lazu would be fine. And I would be fine too. Eventually.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Sho.

I slowly open my eyes at Rosemary's words. We have arrived. I exit the car - still in a state of semi-sleep and follow her onto the territory of her mansion. And that thing is huge. It reminds me of the Amboise mansion in some sense. I wonder if there are any children living in there. Or people at all.
    I follow her to the entrance and she enters the house, taking off her shoes first. I do the same and take off my plaid and place it on the hat rack. Her house is overly neat and clean, as I expected. And I walk through the door looking like some homeless guy. Well at least that's not a lie.
    ‘So, if I may ask, why have you taken me here? I reckon it’s not to have a bit of nice chitchat,’ I say as I walk around the place a bit. It’s brand clean. I wonder how many maids she has to keep this place clean like that. I can smell at least three different kinds of cleaning products from the living room alone.
    I give myself the liberty to sit down a chair and silently await her plan. I’m still tired and I still feel like hell, but at least it’s gotten a bit better now since my little rest. I had only vaguely heard the traffic jam, but I always sleep with one eye open. A habit that I caught during my childhood and never really left me since.
    I’m trying to keep calm, but the thought of possibly meeting my family again agitates me. I haven’t seen them in years, have been a refuge trying to run away from both my past and my future. I’m almost certain that he’ll marry Lais. I must at least warn him for her.
    ‘I know who he’ll marry,’ I say out of the blue, drawing Rosemary’s attention. ‘It’s the one I was supposed to marry. She’s a manipulative dangerous woman, the perfect heir of a sick family like mine.’ I wish I could sabotage that marriage, but I know that's just wishful thinking.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

I can just feel the tension building up in my body as Jaimes is dragging out the wait. I'm curious to see if he'll take my advice or if he'll be a stubborn arse and shoot too soon again. It takes a while before he let's go of the bowstring, but when he does it's amazing. The arrow just zoofs straight ahead. I squint and bend further over Jaimes' shoulder because I'm losing sight of the arrow. I should've know the damn stick would go faster than a real arrow, it's too light.
    Eventually it lands about two meters before the target. Huh, well look at that. I guess he actually listened to me.
    But when he rests his back against my chest, I am overwhelmed by something else entirely. His scent creeps up my nostrils and makes me shiver. I close my eyes and let it drench my brains. It feels as if they’re on a vacation right now. There’s a certain sweetness to it I can’t describe but it’s the entire smell of him that gives me goose bumps all over my body. The tiny hairs at the back of my neck stand up and without meaning too I sink my nails into his hips. He just smells -
    “How's that then, teacher?”
    “So good,” I breathe out, rather finishing the sentence that was plaguing my mind than answering his question. My heartbeat accelerates up to the point where I’m scared it might suddenly stop beating altogether and with all my willpower I have to repress the urge to bury my face in his neck and take a good whiff of his lovely scent. I don’t even think it’s perfume.
    I let go of him, missing the warmth he was unconsciously providing me immediately. A little dazed I step backwards.
    “I- I have to go,” I say quickly, backing away from him. I stumble over something I don’t bother looking at and nearly fall down but I somehow manage to keep myself upright. I have to say something, something that won’t make me look as foolish as I do now.
    “ I- I’ll bring my r-rubber tipped arrows t-tomorrow,” I blurt out. Well that would’ve been acceptable except for the fact that a) I basically invited him to come back tomorrow, and b) Why the hell am I stuttering so badly?
    I part my lips to say something else, but eventually decide not to and close my mouth before more stupidity can spring from it. Silently I tug my bow out of his hands and clutch it close to me as I turn around. With a quick pace I head for the house. Since Bella is still leaning against the wall, I grab her by the wrist and drag her inside with me. When I’ve shut the door behind us, I drop my bow and feel utterly lost for a moment. I take a few seconds to try and breathe evenly, before I notice how bloody Bella looks. If Raisa sees her like this, no good will come of it. So, quietly, I take my “sister” into the bathroom and gently push her into the shower. After having taken off my own shirt, I step inside with her and turn on the water. Still not saying a word, I grab a bottle of shampoo and squirt some onto my hands, before starting to wash the now red tips of her hair. It might seem weird, but right now I’m just glad for having a distraction. And Bella did kind of prevent me from being hurt today. I’m not entirely sure he would’ve, but if Jaimes hadn’t seen her carry in her kill, he might’ve decided to not learn how to shoot and kill me quick.
    When her hair is all foamy and bubbled up I take the shower head into my hand to rinse all the shampoo out. Then I move it down to rinse as much blood as possible out of her pants. They’re probably ruined anyway, but the less blood Raisa finds the better.
    “If you have any room left for dessert, there’s still some bacon,” I finally whisper, when the silence starts to feel awkward. Besides, it’s the perfect chance to steer any possible conversation away from Jaimes.
    Jaimes. Stop thinking about Jaimes!

[ bericht aangepast op 17 mei 2013 - 14:21 ]

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Rosemary Aventurine Albus

Rosemary kept a close eye on Sho as he moved around through the rooms. She sat down near him and slowly took off her gloves, revealing white, smooth skin and perfectly shaped, equally long fingernails. What Sho was wondering about how many maids she had was of course unknown to Rosemary. The truth was that she cleaned everything by herself, no maid would do the work as good as she did it and it was a way to spend a part of her day, it had become a part of her daily routine. It took her four hours, from 8 till 12 in the morning after which she had lunch and then took the time to read, paint, or something else that she liked. With a serious expression on her face, she looked at Sho when he asked her why she'd brought him here. "To explain why I did this to you and... To talk about a possible plan to get your brother out of that marriage without getting you into the claws of your beloved parents." The last two words were spoken with heavy sarcasm and a huff came from her. She remained quiet for a moment when so told her that the woman his brother would marry was the one he was supposed to have married. the word 'sick' stuck with Rosemary and for a moment you could see concern on her face, before it disappeared when she leaned back in her chair and folded her left leg over the right one. "how are you feeling? Does the medicine work?" She had never really given any thought to the illness, even though she was well aware of this. "if you want you can take a shower after we've finished talking and I'll put your clothes into the washing machine." It was an indirect hint. "I can also offer you a bed to sleep on. And a dinner." It was too late to get him another place to stay, the sun would soon set.

[ bericht aangepast op 17 mei 2013 - 14:15 ]

Sho.

Well, this comes as a surprise. I'm so entertained that I'm not even laughing. I have to contain myself so much to not go and make some sarcastic remark. But then again, what's stopping me? To my surprise she even sits down a meter away from me and takes off her gloves. For some odd reason I feel like a child having a physical at the doctor. The thought alone disgusts me. I've never liked doctors. The same goes for dentists, hairdressers, masseurs and practically anyone who makes money off of touching people. Although there have been some times in my life that I'm almost literally dying for a massage. Mental stress has a negative outcome on the body, so much I know. Being around this woman can be a pain in the ass. She works on my mood like monday mornings on the working class. And now she desires to help me. I can't help but think that I'm being the pawn in some hunting game. I'm trying to think for what reason she'd help me. If I ask she'll probably feed me some lie that I'm supposed to take.
    I'm eyeing for a moment, trying to grasp her true intentions. I'll have to be honest with myself here. She dislikes lying just as much as I do. Lying is troublesome. You don't only have to come up with a plausible one, you'll have to live your own lie in order for it to stay convincing and not betray yourself.
    'How are you feeling? Does the medicine work?' I look up, slightly surprised at the question. 'I'm fine.' It's only half the truth. I've resorted to poisoning my victims because poison doesn't leave traces and physical fights are things I try to avoid because of my illness. I should really watch it with the alcohol, I think.
    'If you want you can take a shower after we've finished talking and I'll put your clothes into the washing machine.' Now I can't help but to look surprised. Is she kidding? This woman... what is wrong with her? She lets a man like me shower and sleep into her house. Well if it wasn't for her being a warlock she could have been in serious danger. We aren't exactly friends. But yet again, she is perfectly able to sense where I am. And the further away I am from this woman the better. I'll just ask what she has got to say and leave.
    'Just talk and I'll..' On that particular moment I glance outside. My lips part just slightly. Night would fall soon and I don't know where to find a motel to stay. My gaze narrows. Now, this is getting me in a bad mood. And to make things worse I'm actually hungry. I bring my hand up to my head and sigh just slightly. 'Fine. I'll do as you say once we're done. Speak.' Now I'm stuck with her. I haven't slept with a woman in one house since god knows when and out of all the women in the world it has to be her. Murphy. Definitely Murphy. If I'm supposed to share a room with her I'll just throw myself out of the window. But then again, this house is big enough for an entire orphanage. Well, as long as she's not expecting me to spend an hour cleaning her bathroom as soon as I'm done.

Bella
    I watch as the Hunter took a second shot. This one was better, and almost hit the target. I was impressed. For only his second shot, it was almost a decent one. Then I noticed that Fiyero suddenly tensed, before he suddenly marched over to me and grabbed my wrist. Instinctively, I flinched from him, but let him drag me, watching him. I watch him silently as he drops his bow and concentrates on his breathing. I know better then to talk to him – what would I say anyway? So I remained silently. Then he blinked a little startled at me, and I remembered just how bloody I was. This time, he took my hand and led me gently to the bathroom and pushed me into the shower. I let him, blushing slightly when he pulls off his shirt and steps in beside me. Well hello there female boner... I was about to say something when he took the shampoo and started to wash my hair. I blinked, before relaxing under his hands. I was vaguely aware of a humming sound from my chest, but I ignored it as usual. It was so rare that anyone willingly touched me, especially with no trace of fear, that I enjoyed it way too much. I watch him try and get the blood from my pants. It was very much a lost case, but a lot of the blood was coming out. That cheered me up as well. There was a small chance I could save these jeans! My shirt and bra on the other hand... I'd have to burn.
    “I didn't eat yet...” I murmured, as it seemed like we were being quiet together. I didn't mind. Conversations, especially in this house, was another luxury I was rarely afforded. It meant my voice was always a little husky and dis-used sounding. It was another reason a lot of people were scared of me, and didn't talk to me, which meant I couldn't get past the huskiness... It was a vicious cycle. "I just prepared the meat... And now I have no hunger..." I looked away a little. "Do I get shooting lessons also?" I teased gently, uncertainly. I didn't need lessons, but... I'm not sure what made me ask.

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3