• Treasure Chests

All That Glitters Isn't Gold

Magic: It's still very much alive in this world. Warlocks, masters of this magic, still live among us, hidden from Human sight. A few centuries ago, a strong warlock made a very strange discovery. When too much magic manifests in an infant's body, it crystallises in the infant's chest in the form of a gemstone. These 'Gem children' grow up as very sickly babies before turning into very strong humans. The warlocks did not care for the child and killed it to harvest the gemstone from its chest. For a while, the warlock was the most powerful of his kind thanks to the raw power of this gemstone. Then his secret came out.
    Ever since, the Gem children have been ruthlessly hunted down. Rare as they are, they already face extinction. Not all Warlocks could be bothered to hunt for this power. And this was how the Hunters were created. Humans were chosen to be charmed with a special strength, and they were blackmailed into doing the Warlocks' dirty work. This was easy until one exceptionally strong Warlock, Raisa Romaine Dvornikov, build a house and charmed it to protect the Gemchildren. Any gemchild was welcome, but Hunters would be unable to breath when they crossed the threshold into the building.
    This RPG follows the gemchildren, the warlocks, their hunters and their stories.

RPG Rules
    1)English only
    2)6 line minimum per post; (12 minimum if you have two characters in the post)
    3)2 characters maximum;
    4)Anything unrelated to the RPG in the chat topic;
    5)No killing a character without permission of the owner;
    6)No 'perfect characters'. Each character must have a few flaws;
    7)Wait 2-3 posts before replying again;

Rules related to Gemhearts
    1)They must have one personality trait that related to their Heartstone; (Find the list of traits here)
    2)They can only use their special ability when they are holding a stone similar to their heartstone in their hand;
    3)They are either taken into the protection house by Raisa the Warlock, or they hear about it and find it themselves;
    4)They are allowed to leave the protection house, but it is dangerous.

Rules related to Warlocks
    1)Warlocks don't just snap their fingers to use their magic. They use long spells, runes and potions to achieve their goals;
    2)They are not all powerful.;
    3)They can't bring people back from the dead.
    4)Warlocks can track the movements of their Hunter, but not read their mind or anything.

Rules related to Hunters
    1)Hunters are normal non-magical people who get blackmailed by the Warlocks to kill Gemchildren.
    2)They wear an enchanted necklace which gives them more strength than normal Humans and helps them tell Normal children from Gemhearts.

Roles:

Gem Children
    1) Female – Diamond – Bella Lumière – Shinibubbles
    2) Male – Lapis Lazuli – Lazu Markl – Escritura
    3) Male – Black Onyx – Fiyero Gabrielle Arch – Theodora
    4) Male – Amethyst– Julian Rowland – Yoda

Hunters and Warlocks
    1) Hunter – Female – Jazlyn Ophelia Delaney – Tortura
    2) Hunter – Female – Aerilyn Suraya Guangco – PlagueRat
    3) Hunter – Female – Blake Skyler – Ubiquitous
    3) Hunter – Male – Jaimes Avril Ashley – Escritura
    4) Hunter – Male – Alois Amboise – Hashirama
    5) Warlock – Female – Raisa Romaine Dvornikov – Shinibubbles
    6) Warlock – Female – Rosemary Aventurine Albus - PlagueRat
    7) Warlock – Male – Izan Alvaro Ruiz – Tortura
    8) Warlock – Male – Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze – Theodora

Story!

Chat Topic!

[ bericht aangepast op 5 aug 2013 - 14:42 ]

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

“I'm not lost... I'm exactly where I need to be. Is that an arrow poking my leg, or are you just really happy to see me? And darling, a mirror wouldn't be half as interesting to talk to as you are. Plus, you have a better ass than any mirror.”
    Completely ignoring that last comment, I raise an eyebrow and let my eyes dart around Jaimes. The guy just doesn't know where to draw the line, does he? It's not even funny, I'm not the least bit impressed as he would probably have me. I keep my arrow in place, despite what was assumed to be his joke. Now, I might not like my body and I don't really have any material for comparison but I don't think my "down there" resembles anything like an arrow. First of all it's not thát long and secondly it certainly not that thin, thank God or whatever is up there. Sure, I could be offended, but he's not worth it. Not the tiniest bit. Unfortunately, despite know that, the guy still pisses me off. I don't even think I've even managed to get Lazu or Julian this pissed with me. Huh, maybe I should start flirting with them too. If I can do it with this guy and not be disgusted by myself -just him, then why shouldn't it work with my housemates too? I'll have to ponder.
    When he puts a hand on my chest, right above my Gem I step away just enough so his hand is hovering over my chest instead of touching. If he wants to play games, he's going to have to accept that he's going to have to follow my rules.
    "If I were indeed really happy to see you, you would know about it," I answer, with a sly grin, not rising to the bait.
    "Hey Fi." Shit. Bella. I turn my head towards her and cock my head at the sight of the man on her shoulder. Only when I see the blood on her face do I realise he's as dead as a doornail. It also eases my worries. If Jaimes were to go after Bella, she would eat him alive. Right now, I'm in more danger than she is, although I believe she'd help me should I need it.
    "I'll be around the side if you need me. Make sure you use protection though."
    "Protection? Whatfor?" I mumble beneath my breath. My eyes slightly widen when I get what she meant. Sex, with Jaimes. Me? Why the hell is everyone trying to creep the crap out of me today. First Raisa, now Bella. I'll tell you what, Fiyero does not approve, no me gusta. Slowly I look at Jaimes again.
    "She must be hungry," I silently explain the sight he just beheld. Fuck's sake, couldn't she just have stolen my bacon this morning? Though I'm kind of hoping it would scare off Jaimes. I think. Only now do I notice his eyes are purple. I must be staring at him then. At the realisation of this, all of my previous anger returns. What a show off.
    "And it's still Jack for you," I continue. If he dares to call me Fi, I'll punch him even if I would risk my life doing so. "Plus; if my ass is so great to look at, I'll do you a favour and walk away slowly," I say, yet I remain where I am. Okay, maybe I am a little bit curious for his reaction. Just a tiny bit. "And by the way, lenses are for posers." Surely nobody has naturally purple eyes, I don't believe it for one second. Slowly but surely I start to turn around. He can't harm me. Bella's around, and I still have my bow and arrow. I would hurt him just as badly as he would hurt me.

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Jazz Delaney

‘One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world will be better for this.’ The words came over his burst lips, but I watched him as if it was a wrong choice to say. My jaw tightened. My teeth crunched over each other, as I did nothing but look at him silently. Almost judge full.
    ‘J-Joe Darion, The Impo-Impossible D-Dream.’ I did not understand a fuck of it. Why can’t he just say I need to back off or something? If that's what he meant in the first place, although I think it’s cute that he tries it in such a way. He is still reasonably positive, but maybe I’d like to think that. Others would’ve freaked out by now or had gone along with it. It was any of the two, but this kid is very good for entertainment. But I think he’d already knew that from my look.
    ‘Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars,’ He whispered. His body stopped struggling and I smirked. I couldn’t help it. He still seemed terrified as hell, but he at least was a special case, not like others. That’s probably for being a Gem child. He collapsed against me, and I, the great woman I am, caught him. I loosened his arms, though I still watched him closely, so he couldn’t give a run for it.
    ‘In… Other… Words… It's… not… Your… B-Business…’ He looked at me, but I still had my mouth shut. Judgmental I looked at him from head to toe, as if he was some sort of price you could win. There laid no sadistic smirk on my lips nor an entertaining look in my eyes. On the contrary, I’d gotten an emotionless appearance. Eventually there came a strange kind of saturated look in my dark eyes, which seemed to be darker every minute. You could compare it like someone had just finished eating, the same satisfying feeling.
    ‘What’s your name again?’ I asked, still with that demanding tone in my voice. ‘Something with an L, I thought.’ A frown arrived at my forehead, which quickly vanished as I firmly grabbed his arm. The same arm I grabbed earlier, I believed it still had the red markings on it. Before he could answer my demanding question, I pulled him away out of the alley, somewhere else. I didn’t bother to look behind me or walk past the protection house; because the last damn thing I want is that his little friends are gonna help.
    After a few minutes we arrived at a coffee shop called Costa. I didn’t mind the people that worked there and dragged him to a bathroom. Looking at him, he could pass as a woman, so I entered the ladies room. With him, of course. The blood has dried in the meantime, and I licked my lips just watching it. Hastily I looked away, because I noticed how my heart beats a little faster for it.
    ‘We are going to have a very pleasant talk,’ I said to him, with again the purring sound of a cat. This time I licked the blood till it faded, whereupon I got some tissues and dabbed at the wound. Silently I nursed him as a baby. Then I stared at him. ‘I have decided I’d keep you. You are mine now.’

[No idea if it is correct, however please tell me if it is not true about those toilets.]

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.

Jaimes Avril Ashley
    I watch as the guy raises his eyebrow and lets his eyes wander over my amazing body. He ignores my comment. Shame, I thought it was hilarious. Bit immature, but I had those moments. And I happily enjoyed them as well. The arrow, sharp and pointy doesn't move. Oh dear, had this guy forgotten how to crack a smile? He kind of seems deep in thought as he stares at me. Only then he steps away, not allowing me to touch him. Oh my, setting up our own rules now, are we?
    "If I were indeed really happy to see you, you would know about it," he says with a sly smile. I slowly smile and playfully bite my lower lip. I didn't move one inch, not bothered by the arrow.
    Then some bitch walks past and fucking interrupts my play time.
    “Hey Fi...” I glance at her. There's a guy with her as well, but he's dead. And that's when I notice the blood around her mouth. My eyes widen slightly. Holy shit was the woman for real? “I'll be around the side if you need me.” Her eyes glint dangerously at me, causing goosebumps to rise on my skin. “Make sure you use protection though.” I grin at the innuendo and at the look on “Jack's” face when he figures it out.
    “Protection?” I can barely hear his mumbling. “What for?” I laugh out loud when his eyes widen, my fear for the random woman gone again.
    “Well don't act so appalled,” I chuckle. “I've heard from reliable sources that sex with me is pretty awesome.” Lie. I don't often lie, but it generally doesn't make a good impact on people to tell them that you're a virgin. Which, incidentally, I happen to be.
    As my thoughts ramble on, Jack slowly looks at me.
    “She must be hungry.” And there's that little spark of fear again, flickering away and alerting my senses. Hungry? Did he mean that the woman was going to be... I knew my cheeks had to be a pale green colour by now. That was disgusting. “And it's still Jack for you.” Oh shut up, handsome, or I'll throw up all over your sexiness. “Plus; if my ass is so great to look at, I'll do you a favour and walk away slowly.” I rose an eyebrow, trying ignore the churning of my stomach. “And by the way, lenses are for posers,” he added, as if it mattered to me what he thought about me.
    “You say that. Yet you barely take one step away from me,” I mumble. “And yet you have only once broken eye-contact with me.” A vague smile plays around my lips. Slowly, he turns around. I let him. My mind has drifted away from the game. Fear is a common emotion. I feel fear every day as I hunt these Gem-hearts. Fear that I won't collect enough to return Linda to the realm of the living. Fear that the Warlock will slit my throat if I displease her.
    He knows I cannot hurt him. He would pierce me with that arrow before I could touch him. And that... that monster of a cannibal would be here within seconds to help him. So I make no movement.
    “I don't suppose I get an actual name, before you leave, Jack of Gem Hearts?” I hear myself ask. My eyes seek his, since his back is only half turned to me.

Lazu Jet Markl
    Her eyes change. The anger and lust turn to judging. I tremble under this gaze in silence, completely trapped. Her jaw tightens, as does her grip on my defenceless body. Only when I stopped struggling, her emotions changed. She smirked, looking triumphant. She actually let go of my arms. Red marks ran along the pale skin. They looked angry and they burned like fire. I tearfully stared at the woman, who was as mysterious as she was cruel.
    Those eyes, those terrible eyes, travelled over my body. They assessed me, as if I was a second-hand prize at a charity carnival. Her eyes darkened with pure... satisfaction.
    “What's your name again?” Her tone made me flinch in fear. Her demanding tone left no room for my own shaky, uncertain voice. I said nothing. For what use was a name? It was only another word. And words... Words had failed me too many times today. Words were useless. “Something with an L, I thought...” Her voice trailed off as she frowned briefly. Then she grabbed my arm, making me cry out in pain again. It was almost unbearable, the constant terror and pain was taking a heavy toll on my heart. I felt weak, useless...
    I was pulled out of the scary alley, dragged across the street. My legs stumbled and trippe3d over themselves, for they were too weak to hold my body weight. New tears had risen to the edge of my sight, but I refused to let them go. I looked around me in fear, needing something, someone, anyone to help me.
    But when I was dragged into my workplace, I remained unnoticed. My colleagues never bothered with me, they didn't care very much. I was weird, I was silent, therefore I was not interesting in the slightest. Which was why Jazz could freely drag me into the ladies room.
    The woman looked me over once we were alone again. Her eyes trailed over the blood hungrily. She licked her scarlet lips. She looked away and spoke to me.
    “We are going to have a very pleasant talk,” she said, a purr in her voice. Her tongue went over the wounds that decorated my neck. I shivered as cold chills ran through my body like electric currents. Then she took tissues and dabbed the wounds that were scattered over my skin. Those would leave scars...
    When she finished, she stared at me for a few silent seconds. The care she had put into the wounds, it had calmed me. I was still terrified. But my heartbeat had slowed.
    “I have decided I'd keep you. You are mine now.”
    “No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself, Friedrich Nietzsche.” My voice was simply pitiful. It was defeated, scared and small. I took a shuddering breath.
    “The real hero is always a hero by mistake; he dreams of being an honest coward like everybody else.” A hero. I nodded to my reflection in the mirror. I looked terrible.
    My light blue eyes were empty and sad. My skin was pale and bloodstained, while my hair was a right dark blue mess. My wounded lips trembled as words tumbled over them.
    “Solitude and words make a terrible shield against the dark cruelty of this word, me.” I whispered these last words. They were no ones quote. For once, the words were my own. I liked it. I smiled hesitantly, slightly hopefully. Those were good words. That was me admitting that I needed... help. I needed a hero to save me from this cruel Hunter.
    My eyes wandered to the ceiling. It looked gross and dusty. Yet, I stared at it with the smallest spark of hope. My lips moved this time, but no words came out.

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Julian (gemchild)

I finished my business in town pretty quick. I couldn’t find any of the parts I really needed, but had found some small useful things. They would have to do until I ordered the things I was in need of. Raise probably wouldn’t mind, it’s not as if it’s the first time I did something like that. I also ran into the store to check out the books. To my surprise, I found an Edgar Ellen Poe book I hadn’t had sitting on my shelves just yet, and anything was better than Stephen King, so I didn’t hesitate in taking that with me. I searched the fiction section, the new books were always easy to find, and settled on a book about angels for Lazu. Nephilim, I believe it was called. I’m not sure, names so easily slip my grasp when it come to books. But I couldn’t remember seeing this anywhere in his collection. He had told me he liked the idea of angels this morning and I was pretty sure this would be a safe bet. So I went on my way, back to the protection house.
    Until that strange woman slipped out of one of the alleyways before me. Dragging a, seemingly terrified, Lazu behind her. All of my instincts went on high alert. My muscles tensed as I assessed the situation. I almost immediately spotted the blood and the look on the woman’s face. My hand reached for the amethyst, only confirming what I already knew. Lazu wás terrified and every inch of my body, of my so called ‘power’ screamed at me ‘Help him!’. But I couldn’t. I was incapable of moving, incapable of breathing even. My heartbeat rose and I became quite light in the head. I wanted to run, nothing more. That’s what I had always done when faced with the danger of hunters. I ran. Away from the fear, away from the danger and away from everything. I did it with my mom, I did it when my dad told me to go and never return and I was going to do it now. Run, to the protection house, into Raisa’s arms if I needed to. I could alarm them, tell them what was happening and Lazu would be fine. Right? Right. Just like my mom ended up fine when I was watching her through the keyhole, too scared to even move. It would be fine. But not by me running once more.
    Then and there, I had made my decision. My body was screaming to run ánd help Lazu at the same time, my mind was racing and I swear my heart was going to pop out at any given moment. Panicked thoughts ran through my mind, desperately trying to grasp on to something, anything. Normally, I had at least one plan in the back of my mind, if not two. This time, nothing was happening. Mind you, all of this was racing through me in a matter of seconds. But, like I said, I had made my decision. I wasn’t going to run, no matter how much I wanted to be a coward. Instead, I pushed the fear away and decided to help Lazu. Before it was too late.
    I noticed my feet following them, slowly, as to not rouse any suspicion. They were heading to Costa, Lazu’s workplace. The woman just ran straight through and headed into the ladies room. Great, this rescue mission I set out on was just getting better every second. I swallowed, hard, and let myself in. The smell of coffee smacked me in the face, but in a strange way, it calmed me down and let me think straight. I had wasted more than enough time panicking as it were. I hesitated for a moment, but caught myself doing that. Mentally scolding myself, I took a deep breath. I tried to think, come up with something. I couldn’t fight for shit, so I had to avoid this actually becoming a fight. All though, we were in a crowded Costa, the hunter couldn’t be stupid enough to try and rip out our hearts here, right? And we would make a scene bolting out of here as it were. That’s when it hit me, the only thing I could think of. I couldn’t believe this was actually a solid plan, but I had to do it. I had no choice. I just had to rely on the element of surprise and my ability to aim without actually having time to do so. And of course, the accumulated force. If none of that worked, I would be screwed.
    There wasn’t a line, so I quickly ordered a coffee. Just a regular coffee, no fancy stuff.
    “To go, no lid. I want it as hot as you can make it, ” I said. The guy behind the counter looked at me funny, but he did as I asked. It was a matter of second until I had a cup of steaming coffee in my hand. I walked towards the ladies room, hoping nobody would notice me. That would be mighty awkward. I nervously switched my coffee to my left hand, seeing how my main one is the right. Before going in, I take a deep breath and then I’m ready to go.
    I push the door open and the hard sound it made when crashing into the wall behind it, even made me jump a little. But I didn’t have time to think about it. I had to do it now. My right hand was balled into a fist and, with all the power I could muster, I swing it. My fist collided with the woman’s cheekbone. Just because I couldn’t fight, didn’t mean I wasn’t able to land a hit. And this, this was a hard hit. How do I know? Well, I could feel, and hear, the bones in my thumb break. A sudden pain shot through my entire arm, but I pushed it away. Who has time to worry about broken bones anyway?
    Some of the coffee I was holding, spilled over the ridge and burned my hand. Good, it wás hot then. The only reason I punched the woman in the face was to be able to see where I needed to aim. I didn’t want to burn Lazu after all. The door and the punch bought me all the time I needed. My left hand, the one holding the coffee, shot out. And it landed right in her face. I hoped it hurt. Damn I hoped it did.
    I dropped the cup and firmly planted my right hand around Lazu’s arm. I wasn’t all to gentle while pulling him towards me, but it shouldn’t really hurt him. There wasn't any time to waste.
    “Run!” I told him, nearly breathless. Not that he had a choice in the matter, seeing how I was already dragging him along. Some people at Costa were staring at us weirdly, but I didn’t care. I wanted to get out of there and, as fast as I could, made my way towards the protection house. I didn’t run the first time, but now that I had my hands on Lazu, I did. Because this time it was the time to run. For both of our sakes.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

“I don't suppose I get an actual name, before you leave, Jack of Gem Hearts?” So he knows then. The last tiny speckle of doubt that Jaimes might not be a Hunter, but just an incredible, egocentric jerk, fades in me. When I look over my shoulder, I notice how Jaimes is looking at me, as if he's desperate for me to look at it him. It's more terrifying than knowing it's his mission to kill me. Yet I find myself torn between wanting to walk away and wanting to turn around. Have I gone round the bend? Has being cooped up in my room caused me such madness as to actually wanting to walk into the arms of Death itself? I even barely know Jaimes, and I don't like him. There's no reason for me to put my heart in his hands, both figuratively and literally speaking.
    "No," I say quickly, convincing myself that I'm going to tell him my true name. "Because it will haunt you when you come to finish your job," I add.
    My heart quickens its pace, beats against my chest from the inside. Carefully I look down, to see if my chest is actually moving or if that's just how it feels. Perhaps I really am bonkers, because the only movement my chest is making is the soft rising and falling caused by my breathing.
    It's only now that I realise I'm not affraid to die. There's nothing here for me, nothing to leave behind and nothing to lose. I have nothing... nothing but my life. And what's that worth, really? I'll spend my days, reading the same books over and over again, using the same methods as to keeping my housemates from getting close to me untill they lose their effect, keeping up the same routine day in and day out, dreaming the same nightmare untill my voice will have gone from all the screaming. Is that how God intended for us to be? Miserable untill the day we pass from this world into another? And what will happen then? Do we find peace and rest or do we get to sit around all day and ponder the misery that is lost to us, relive the utter shame we had to fight all day?
    If only the Warlocks had more noble purposes, I would happily hand them my heart on a silver platter. Then at least I would die knowing I've done one good, selfless thing. If only magic would be used to aid others, instead of the wielders of magic alone. If only.
    Slowly I leave my inner conversation before I start feeling the need to drown myself in the pool. I blink and gaze into Jaimes' purple eyes. Perhaps it is my faith to die at his hand now. Perhaps I was never meant to survive. Perhaps my sole purpose of being is letting someone else run off with my heart. But I will not go down without a fight. I will not let my heart be used for evil without defending it till my last breath. If faith wants to play a game with me, then a lovely one it shall be. I swallow and look at my loaded bow.
    "Have you ever shot an arrow, Jaimes?" I whisper.
    Prepareth thee, Lucifer, for I am on my way to hell.

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Jazz Delaney

‘No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself, Friedrich Nietzsche.’ I had thought that he kept his mouth shut after this, however I was wrong. The young man continued.
    ‘The real hero is always a hero by mistake; he dreams of being an honest coward like everybody else.’ I think I finally knew what he meant, or why he did this: he was scared as Hell. Although that was very clear, I just took the view that he used these quotes to hold off others, to make sure he did not seem so frightened he in reality is. This kid looked like a damn dreamer. He does not belong to me, he showed that fine. Then it is a good thing that it doesn’t matter what he want or doesn’t want, that’s not up to him now anymore. He should be happy he isn’t killed by my hands.
    ‘Solitude and words make a terrible shield against the dark cruelty of this word, me.’
    I warned him. ‘Sometimes dead is better.’ My teeth crunched again, and my nose wrinkled as if I smelled something funky, like a trashcan – or a dump, is better said.
    At the moment I wanted to roughly put my hand upon the boy’s shoulder, the door of the ladies room was thrown open.
    I had some nasty remark ready for the person who entered, but it was a dude instead of a chick. He should get surgery if he wanted to be a lady, I thought sarcastically. The stupid chain from the warlock began burning as if it was fire and it hurts my skin. I growled. At that instant his fist waved at me, and hit my cheekbone. Due to the impact of the blow, I was thrown back, just not at the ground. Rather against the wall. Goddamn, that hurts! I rubbed it, and thought how much I will torture him.
    A long, hoarse growl came out of my direction, which sounded like a savage beast. I smelled and tasted it before I actually felt it with my pale fingers: blood. My lips were burst and I’ll certainly get a really nice injury on my cheekbone. I was at the point of opening my eyes, because I closed them due to the hit; I was just about to do it. When scalding hot coffee was thrown in my face, I know because I drink coffee every day and that smell… It wouldn’t surprise me if that fucking bastard had done it! I wanted to burst out with rage right now.
    ‘Run!’ The door closed again, with a bang. Now it was my turn to scream, and hard. I think even the people heard it on the other side of town. My hands swept some of the coffee from my eyes, and as much as possible I wiped the rest with the tissues I’d grabbed. ‘That goddamn bastard!’ I yelled again, hard. Hastily I looked in the mirror; a raging woman was staring back, face almost red and eyes black as the night, but most with hate.
    ‘I’m gonna torture him, murder and yank his heart out!’ They were hissed as a snake, but the last couple of words I screamed with anger. I did not even noticed the pain he had damaged, so pissed I was. Then with big, droning steps I walked away, and on the way out I stepped the cup flat. I felt and saw so pissed off, that people in Costa went aside by themselves, like I was the plague that was coming. Or a thunder cloud that anyone who got in the way will kill. But now I’m mainly focused on that bug that did this.
    I ran after them, out of Costa, until I came up with an idea to catch up to them. I rushed into a side street, raced like my life depended on it, and came before them just in time. Sadistic and hot with rage, I grinned as I took a glistening knife.
    ‘They say life flashes before your eyes when you die,’ My eyes grow darker and darker, till they are pitch black. ‘Tell me how it was.’ I lunged at him, not giving any attention to the blue-haired boy. Although I still paid attention, so I wouldn’t be the one getting the knife in the ribs. He should pay, and I will not feel sorry.

Jaimes Avril Ashley
    I'm convinced he's just going to walk away, knowing that I can't hurt him. Not with someone else so nearby. Yet, he stops walking and looks over his shoulder at me, surprising me. I'm vaguely distracted by the paleness of his skin. If it were any paler, I would be able to see the blood run through his veins. This distraction only lasts seconds, for his eyes pull my attention to them. He seems to be hesitating, and it's making me feel... strange.
    Because, well, what the hell does he think he's doing? It's already obvious why I'm here, right? It's obvious that I'm a Hunter. It's obvious that I came here to cut the stone out of his chest. I understood why he was calm; he was safe as long as he had that weapon and that woman close. So why was he not calmly walking away from me?
    “No,” he said, too suddenly and too quickly. Jesus, what is with this guy? “Because it will haunt you when you come to finish the job.” Oh, hilarious, Jack. I find myself forcing an amused smile. I guess he has a point. If I were normal, and not so... well, bloody psychopathic, the faces and names of those I killed would probably haunt me. The blood on my hands would burn me as a constant reminder of the terrible deeds I committed. But there is only one face that haunt me, day and night. A small, innocent face with large, light green eyes like my own. A wide smile, messed up brown hair...
    I have to force a mask over my face, unwilling to show this sexy little prick anything about my inner struggle. Who the hell does he thing he is anyway, reminding me of shit like that?
    I watch Jack, who seems deep in thought. A smile twitches on the corner of my lips as I expect steam to come out of his ears. Then, he looks up, straight into my own eyes. He seems... determined. Idiot.
    “Have you ever shot an arrow, Jaimes?” he whispers suddenly. I raise an eyebrow and brush the hair out of my eyes. My stance radiates boredom and disinterest, yet my eyes are alert. Well, Little Jacky is just full of surprises, isn't he?
    “No,” I say thoughtfully, not breaking eye contact. Yeah, I did a lot of stare-contests with unfriendly neighbourhood cats, okay? I can not-blink for about 4 minutes straight. “Guns and daggers are more my thing.” True, I didn't have a gun on my right now. Just the dagger in my deep pocket. I bite my bottom lip thoughtfully, one hand circling the handle of the dagger, invisible to him. Well, he'll probably guess, but that's not the point. He tries anything stupid, I'll stab him in his chest. A waste of some good eye-candy, but hey...

Lazu Jet Markl
    “Sometimes, death is better,” I heard Jazz warn me, her teeth crunching. It send shivers down my body and made my lips tremble. I wouldn't cry. Not anymore. Yet, as I thought this, more tears spilled down my cheeks. Her nose wrinkled and she started to move towards me when the door of the ladies room slammed open with a loud 'bang'. I flinched and whimpered fearfully, what a coward I was.
    I watched with wide eyes as Julian punched Jazz. Wait, what? I looked at Julian, and then at Jazz, who had been flung against a wall. There was blood on the woman's face, her lip was burst, her cheekbone had been hit by Julian's fist... And then Julian flung a cup towards her. Steaming black liquid with a sickening smell hit the woman straight in the face. I flinched. Hot coffee.
    My stomach turned and I retched just as Julian suddenly grabbed my bare arm. A small sound of pain left my lips, but there was no time to complain. He pulled me close to him roughly, pain shooting through the marks left by Jazz's nails.
    “Run!” Julian sounded out of breath. I just looked at him, eyes wide and thankful. Adrenaline was rushing through my body and I was crying, I noticed. Julian pulled me out of the ladies room, running. I could barely keep up, as my legs were weak and I was exhausted. But I tried. I forced my body to keep up as we ran out of Costa. A voice, probably my boss, called my name, but really, my life was in danger, so I couldn't exactly stop to explain.
    From the ladies room, I heard her. Her voice, angry, screaming, words of promise, promises of revenge.
    We were close, so close to the Protection House. 2 more minutes, and we would've been safe. Instead, Jazz appeared in front of us, shooting out of another dark alley. I wince, my fingers curling around the fabric of Julian's shirt. The look in her eyes, the cruelty, the manic rage, I couldn't take it. I couldn't understand her, how she could be so cruel.
    “They say life flashes before your eyes when you die,” I heard her say. Her eyes were so dark now, like her soul must be. She lungs forward, a shining knife in her hand. She's not going for me. She's going for Julian, my saviour, my hero. He had risked his own life for my safety. So without grand gestures or words, or anything, I grab hold of the blade with my two hands. It slices open my fingers and palm as I hold it tightly, stopping it in it's tracks.
    “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear,” I whisper, pain in my voice. I beg, with all my heart, that help is on the way. Because I doubt Julian and I can hold her off for long. “In literature as in love, we are astonished at what is chosen by others.” I frown slightly, annoyed at myself.
    “What I mean is, go and bother someone else.” Yes, that was much better. I smile contently, trying to ignore the pain in my hands. Well, what idiot grabs a dagger's blade like this? Right, me. I'm really not having a good day, am I...?

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

Something changes in his eyes. It's not quite fear I'm seeing, yet it's not too different either. What's going on in that odd little brain of his? I burst out in laughter when I realise what he must be thinking. I'm holding a bow, and an arrow which I have both only recently pointed at him. He thinks I'm going to shoot him? Now where on earth is the fun in that?
    “No." My laughter fades and I look at Jaimes intensly. “Guns and daggers are more my thing.”
    I roll my eyes and snort. I should've guessed. When I see him moving his hand over one of his pockets, it's not hard to tell where keeps his weapon. I slowly shake my head and defiantly step closer to him again. I seek his gaze again and hold it.
    "Guns and knives are for the weak," I spit out. "They pose no challenge whatsoever. Where's the thrill in shooting someone, or cutting them? The chase is already over before it's even begun," I continue, rather thinking out loud than actually speaking to Jaimes. I raise my bow and arrow and look at them. "Now these," I smile. "They make it all so much more interesting. The focus they require, the feeling of the cord against your cheek, the zing when the arrow is shot. The feeling of victory when you hit a moving target."
    Aye, not many birds have landed on this lawn and lived to tell the tale. One can only shoot trees for so long, before wanting a more difficult target. And I've always liked eating doves. They taste so much better than plain chicken. It feels good to be able to shoot your own meal. One time I was lucky enough to shoot a pheasant. Raisa cooked a wonderful meal with it. Just remebering it makes my mouth water. I lick my lips and smile at Jaimes. To both have equal chances, that would be an exciting game.
    "I'm going to teach you," I tell him. It's not a question, it's not even a choice. He'll learn to shoot with bow and arrow, or I'll shoot him limbs one by one. It's as simple as that.
    I unload my bow and kneel. Then I roll up my pants and tuck the arrow in my boot before pulling down the leg of my pants again. Now my last arrow is out of Jaimes' reach. I take a twig from the ground and put it in my bow, where an arrow is supposed to go. Well, sticks and stones may break my bones, but arrows are more lethal. I'm not that much of a fool to just hand him over my ever bit of defence. I don't want to die right now. If I'm going to die soon, it'll be at the hand of a skilled archer.
    Confidently I walk up to Jaimes and without any hesitation put my hand in his pocket. I cuss when I grab the wrong end of the knife and cut my finger. Yet I still pull out the weapon and fiercely throw it into the pool. I'll drown him before he reaches it, should he try and fetch it. Now I put my finger in my mouth, to lick the blood away. When I've lost the ironish taste, I stop and wipe my finger on my chemise. All the while I keep a close eye on Jaimes.
    I sigh and grasp his shoulders, only to turn him around so his back is against me. Then I step closer and stretch my bow out in front of us. One by one I take his hands and put them in the right positions. Then I place my own hands on top of them, and show him how to tighten the cord, bringing it next to his cheek.
    "If I must die, I'd rather be hunted like worthy prey," I whisper into Jaimes' ear.

Raisa
    I was not having a good day. This is why I didn't like my children leaving the House. Fiyero was flirting with a Hunter, but Bella was near-by, so he was safe. And Julian and Lazu had somehow managed to lead an especially furious Hunter more or less to our front door. I headed out front, taking one of Bella's katana's as I go - I've been taught how to use them already, and Bella'd given me a few lessons to help me remember. I also grabbed a gun, just in case.

I must have looked slightly ridiculous, running out of the house with a katana in one hand and one of Bella's guns in the other. For once, I was glad she had so many weapons around the house. I quickly spotted Lazu - his hair was kinda hard to miss. I also noticed the dagger, which Lazu was holding back with his hands. So I pointed the gun straight into the air, and fired it. They all jumped and looked at me, and I remembered from the expressions of my 'children', that they'd never seen me angry before. I stepped closer, the gun muzzle lowering to be pointing at the Hunters forehead.
    "You've hurt my child." I said slowly, stepping even closer. I stopped when I was next to the boys, who I gently pushed back with the flat of the katana. "You two, go home." I didn't look at them, but I knew they'd obey me. I didn't move the gun from between the female Hunter's eyes.

Bella
    It didn't take me very long at all to gut the corpse, and cut away the parts I wanted to eat. I wrapped the edible parts in my shirt - hey, it was already bloodstained, so why not, right? Then I carried it back the way I came, and blinked when I saw Fiyero with his Hunter again. They should have left by now. I walked over, gently putting my meat down in the shade of the house. I decided to just watch, see what happens. Fiyero had a better idea of how to fight, compared to my other two 'brothers', who were all but useless in a fight. But still, I just wanted to remind the Hunter I was here - and given I looked like I just stepped off set from 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' right now, and was still playing with a gory knife, he wasn't going to hurt him. I leant against the wall, and played with my knife, hoping my eyes had stopped cycling just the red spectrum by now - although usually it stays like that till I eat. God I must look awful. I was going to have to burn my clothes again, I though regretfully. I liked these jeans...

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

Julian (Gemchild)

I noticed Lazu was crying, but there wasn’t any time to comfort him. I had to focus, not on tears but on running. I couldn’t even comprehend what I had just done. That woman, that hunter, wasn’t going to let us go quite this easy, I figured. And I was right when I heard the howling noise she produced. And the promise to rip out my heart. I was rather fond of my heart. I noticed Lazu was struggling to keep up, even I was struggling to keep up with myself. Tripping now would have been very inconvenient. I was so screwed if we didn’t reach the protection house in time.
    But there it was, so close. Not even two minutes away, I could see it and all my hopes were settled on reaching the safe barrier it provided. I felt like, if I would hold out my hand, I could touch it. And we’d both be safe. But of course, the world being cruel as it were, that didn’t happen. Suddenly the woman appeared out of one of the dark alleyways. We were so close, we almost had passed it, but now we wouldn’t be able too.
    I pushed away all emotions at that point. Her cruel, dark eyes settled on me and I was expecting her to jump at me, like some ferocious tiger. I really didn’t want to be dinner. I was aware of Lazu clutching my shirt, a slight whimper coming from his lips. I wanted to tell him it would be alright, even though I didn’t believe it myself. But I kept my mouth shut, my gaze focused on the hunter before me. That’s when she took out the knife. I breathed in slowly, tried to get my heart back in control, but it wasn’t working. A slight pang of fear shit through me, but I pushed it away. I couldn’t use fear right now.
    “‘They say life flashes before your eyes when you die. Tell me how it was.’ That was ridiculous, life didn’t flash before your eyes. As if I could remember everything about life. As if a few seconds would be enough to see my life. Maybe I was freaking out slightly. Alright, maybe fear wasn’t such a bad idea right about now. She lunged at me and I anticipated the stabbing pain it would bring me.
    But that pain never came. Instead, Lazu reached out for the blade, closing both his hands around it. Stopping it in its tracks. My first instinct was to pull him away, but I didn’t. Somehow, I think that would’ve made it worse. Stupid boy! He nearly died today, or whatever that woman was doing to him, and now he jumped in front of a knife? For me? He shouldn’t be jumping in front of anything for me, nobody should. But he did. And all I could do was stare at him in shock. A number of feelings raged inside of me. Confusion, anger, relief, but most of all, I was grateful. Still in shock though. God, I’m pathetic.
    “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.” It was obvious he was in pain. I wish I could do something about it. But pain is a feeling and emotional pain was an emotion. I could only fix the latter. Another quote left his lips, but I couldn’t pay much attention to it. My mind was racing, still trying to grasp the situation. The next thing that left Lazu’s lips, I did get, though.
    “What I mean is, go and bother someone else.” I couldn’t help it, but a small chuckle left my lips. The moment it did, I felt horrible. This entire thing was getting the better of me. I never prayed, I never believed in God. My mother was the one who held him close to her side and see where it got her. The only thing remotely connected to God, were my mother’s prayer beads I held on my nightstand. But I prayed now, hoping that it might get us some help. That’s when the gun was fired.
    We all jumped a little, I suppose. When my eyes caught Raisa, I sharply inhaled. She looked really, really angry. Damn was I glad that anger wasn’t addressed to me. She slowly walked towards us, pointing the gun at the hunter’s head. I’ve never been more relieved in my life to see Raisa.
    "You've hurt my child." Raisa’s voice was slow, scary. A shiver ran down my spine.
    “You two, go home,” she said, without looking at us. I wasn’t planning to disobey her right now. It was then that I noticed how much I was actually trembling. I needed something to hold on to, and my sanity wasn’t going to cut it. I looked at Lazu, his hair was a mess and he didn’t look all to good himself. Concern flashed through my eyes for the slightly moment. I reached towards Lazu’s hand, gently taking hold of it. He was bleeding, of course, and pretty badly at that. The blood was warm and slippery. Every second that passed, it became more sticking on my own hand though. I started pulling him towards the house softly, not looking back at Raisa. She could hold her own. Hardly realising it myself, I clasped my hand around the amethyst around my neck and let my healing powers flow through the hand I was holding. In a strange way, healing Lazu’s hand, made me calm down slightly. It was my fault he was injured, but at least now I could do something about it. The pain of my own injuries started to get to me and I could feel my thumb throbbing. I pushed it away though. I breathed out a shaky sigh as we crossed the border of the protection house. Sweet mercy of safety.

Jazz Delaney

When time came I attacked the nosy bastard, the blue-haired kid grabbed the knife all of a sudden with both hands. It slices his fingers and palm and it stops, although I could easily push it further. That is, if I wanted to. But strangely enough, the punk surprised me with this tough act of him.
    ‘Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear,’ He whispered, but I did not even hear what he was blabbering about. ‘In literature as in love, we are astonished at what is chosen by others. What I mean is, go and bother someone else.’ I was shocked, only it didn’t show. With this, he reminded me of Ryan, my little brother who was taking captive by the warlock. They are quite alike on the inside; he would’ve done the same…
    The astonishment faded and my old self reared its head again. Why was he rescuing him? Why did they rescue each other? I did not understand such… how’d you call it? Unselfish, courageous acts. Did they all have a fucking death wish? These emotions shouldn’t get the best of you; it is the same thing for addiction. That doesn’t even exist; it’s made up by people who are tired of life and need an excuse.
    The shot of a gun sounded and disrupted my thoughts. With a single movement I took my knife back, and then I tilted my head towards the one whom fired it. A woman, curling black hair and red eyes with anger. It amused me how these shined with rage, it filled my empty heart. She stepped closer, the gun pointed at my head.
    ‘You’ve hurt my child,’ she slowly said, while she walked closer. With an amused grin on my face I watched her, turning my rage into a wicked sort-off disease.
    ‘Hm, only one? Too bad.’ My voice sounded amused, but also a little daring, watching how far I could go to push her buttons.
    ‘You two, go home.’ She did not look at them. I figured that, she was like a mother hen protecting their children. The two walked off and because I wanted to annoy her more, I stared them going away. Next thing I dropped my gaze wandering towards her, studied her from tip to toe. Like I’d done before at the blue-haired kid whose name I forgot. At some places my glance lingered a little longer, a smirk on my lips. I licked my lips in a perverse, sadistic way. I tasted blood, to be exact: my blood, by the blow of that bug. I wiped it away like a snake with my tongue, as I still looked at the hot woman before me. Speaking about hot: the stupid necklace didn’t burn, what means she isn’t a Gem child. What was she, then?
    ‘You don’t mind if I light a smoke, hmm.’ It wasn’t really a question, because without waiting for her answer, I took a cigarette out of my leather jacket. The clicking from the lighter sounded. I inhaled from the cigarette and put down the lighter, back in my jacket. Though I still held the knife firmly.
    ‘Pretty heroic, your boy,’ I smirked dangerously. ‘He felt some affection for that other insect, or what? Sleeping together, I presume. They obviously do not want to lose their bed partner, what would the other reason be?’ As if it was the most obvious, and nothing else was possible. My thoughts just were overloading with perverse things. ‘That explained why he didn’t react to me.’

[Because I couldn't find the new Chat topic, I just post it here.
    Deceiver -> GhostCider]

It finally happened - I'm slightly mad! ~ Queen

Jaimes Avril Ashley
    'Jack' laughs when he sees the look in my eyes. Then he looks at me, rather intensely, and snorts. Before I can say anything sarcastic, he shakes his head and steps closer again. Back, forth, make your mind up, cutie. He stares into my eyes again, and spits the following worth from his lips.
    “Guns and knives are for the weak.” Well, charming. “They pose no challenge whatsoever Where's the thrill in shooting someone, or cutting them? The chase is already over before it's even begun.” I watch him, no expression on my face. Thrill? I wasn't here to seek a thrill. I was here to get the hearts and get my little sister back. So why had I been hesitating before?
    I should've just gone for it. I could've had the heart by now. He would've been number 90. I needed a 100, so Scarlett would return Linda to the land of the living. I chase thoughts of Linda from my mind and focus on Jacky. He's not really talking to me right now. More to himself.
    He raises the bow and stares at them almost lovingly.
    “Now these... They make it all so much more interesting. The focus they require, the feeling of the cord against your cheek, the zing when the arrow is shot. The feeling of victory when you hit a moving target.” I still look quite unimpressed. Yet, there was something about the way he spoke and the look in his eyes. Anyone else, I would've interrupted. But not this guy, for some stupid ass reason. He sexily licks his lips and smiles at me. He looks... enthusiastic... and excited.
    “I'm going to teach you.” It's not phrased as a question and it throws my guard. He unloads the bow, puts the arrow away and picks up a stick. Huh. Okay. He's not a complete suicidal idiot. That relaxes me a bit. He walks up to me and puts his hand in my pocket. I grin when he swears, and resist another dirty joke. Somehow, I'm fascinated by his movements. Despite having blood on his finger, he takes the dagger and throws it behind me. I hear it splash in the pool, yet I don't take my eyes from his while he sucks the wound clean.
    He then proceeds to grab my shoulders with a sigh, and turn me around. I can feel his heartbeat against my back as I watch him stretch the bow in front of us. My own heart is beating quicker, which bothers me. And I tell myself it's nerves. He might have hidden weapons, though I doubt that he does. It's certainly not his closeness, or the way he whispers in my ear.
    “If I must die, I'd rather be hunted like worthy prey.”
    “I'm not here to hunt,” I whisper. I don't pull away, having my hands curled around the bow. This just doesn't happen, so what the hell is up with this guy? Gem hearts are terrified of us Hunters. “I'm here to conquer your heart and cut it out of your chest.” Tough, cold-sounding words. A protection against this vulnerable stance. My breathing is deep, calm, with only the slightest tremble. I point the 'arrow' AKA stick at the target.
    “But, if you insist,” I murmur, pressing my ass against his crotch. “Go ahead. Teach me, you may.” Yoda, I felt like.

Lazu Jet Markl
    I heard Julian chuckle next to me when I told the woman to bother someone else. Then, a gunshot made me scream. I turned my head. Raisa. Oh thank god, it was Raisa. I felt like crying in relief. I did a lot of crying today. Julian inhales sharply, and I hoped that neither him, Jazz, or Raisa had heard the tiny, girly scream. The dagger was yanked out of my hands. I winced. The pain was quite bad, but I managed to mostly ignore it.
    “You've hurt my child.” I shivered and stepped back, letting Raisa step in front of me and Julian. I felt so much safer. Raisa was strong, she would keep us safe. Raisa... Well, Raisa was terrifying. Jazz, yes, she was scary. But she was nothing compared to an angry Raisa. The pure magical power that radiated off the motherly woman made me tremble and shake.
    “You two, go home.” And I would never argue with Raisa. Julian was trembling badly, I was close to passing out... Suddenly, without warning, Julian's warm hand curled around mine. Blood dripped from my hand and pain shot through the cuts. I winced, but didn't pull my hand away. It was soothing. Raisa being there, the comforting touch of Julian's hand, it helped my mental state a lot. I felt myself get pulled away, just as I felt my legs walk on auto-pilot. I blinked up at Julian when a familiar feeling rushed through me. It was warm, comforting... healing. I blinked down at my hand. The blood was there, but the pain was gone. Julian had healed the wounds.
    “T-Thanks,” I whispered. We had crossed the border into the house. No one could hurt us in here. We were safe.
    “Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of,” I whisper then, as we make our way into the kitchen. My hand slips out of Julian's, as I go straight for the sink. I need to clean myself. I'm freezing cold, so I put the hot tap on and start to wash my hands. I realise that I'm probably cold because I lost my shirt somewhere in the past few hours. I take a cloth and clean the blood off my face, chest and arms as well, my back to Julian. I need to get my head straight. Emotions were rushing through me, adrenaline hadn't left my system yet, I was a slave of words and my emotions. It was terrifying.
    Yet, this whole ordeal had been oddly liberating. I felt so light somehow. The safety, the adrenaline, it must be getting to my head. But I felt fine. Sore, shaky, but so...
    “You saved me,” I mentioned, my voice shaking to the point of breaking down. Maybe I wasn't as I liked to imagine.

Julian (gemchild)

Lazu thanked me and I managed the lightest of smiles. My trembling has become less obvious, but I was still shaky. If I felt bad, I couldn’t even imagine how Lazu was feeling.
    “Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of,” he whispered as we made our way into the kitchen.
    “Yeah, you can say that again,” I murmured, my voice cracking slightly. His hand slipped out of mine and for a small moment, I felt completely lost. I had to breathe, I reminded myself when the trembling became worse. Breathe and everything would be fine. So I did. Slowly and carefully. And I realised that I was actually still breathing. I was in complete awe when I realised I was still breathing. It only now became real. The trembling hadn’t seized and I decided to sit down on one of the kitchen chairs, closely watching Lazu’s every move.
    He was cleaning himself up. The blood, his blood, was all over the place. Even on my hand. My eyes flickered towards it, scarlet, dried up liquid sat there. I shivered lightly, but didn’t bother to scrub it off. It would probably hurt anyway, seeing how my broken thumb wasn’t giving in. My eyes flickered towards Lazu again. His next words caught me by surprise, even though they probably shouldn’t have.
    “You saved me.” His voice was shaking horribly. I hadn’t expected him to point that out. I just stared at him, or well, his back, at a complete loss of words. The silence was deafening, at least to me. I could hear the blood pumping through my head as I tried to search for words. But what could I say? Yeah, I saved him. I suppose I did that, even though I didn’t know where those actions came from. But he had saved me too. Should I mention that? Or not? I felt as if I should say something, anything, to make him feel better. I didn’t need my stone to know he wasn’t feeling good. I didn’t know what to say though, so I stayed silent. My eyes were changing emotions, you could almost see my train of thought and my struggle to come up with words. In the end, I just frowned and swallowed. Hard.
    “I suppose I did,” I said, my Irish accent becoming clearer with every word I spoke. “You saved me too though.” My brow furrowed in thought and I had to push down the urge to start humming. My accent was always audible, but hardly ever flared up. When I was annoyed, angry, exhausted, stressed out, scared or…. upset. But I wasn’t any of those things. Well, maybe I was exhausted and stressed out, but I wasn’t scared anymore. Then why was my accent acting up? I wasn’t upset, right? Maybe I was. Or maybe I was just uncomfortable with someone telling me I saved them. My hands started to tremble again and I started chewing my bottom lip. I think I completely zoned out at that point, lost in a blur of thought.
    This whole situation had stirred something inside of me. I had always ran when things got hard. It was what I was used to, what I did. But that changed today and I hadn’t the slightest clue about why. Flashes of the day I first started running came back to me. My mom’s pleading, the cruel laugh, the knife and the blood. I felt the tears burning behind my eyes, but blinked them away. Don’t be ridiculous Julian, I told myself, this is no reason to start crying. I bit down on my lip harder, trying to distract myself. Maybe, just maybe, the reason didn’t matter. I had saved Lazu, no big deal. I needed to stop thinking about it. It’s not as if this made me a hero or anything, because I wasn’t. I did what I had to do. I sighed, annoyed with myself, and harshly rubbed my face with both of my hands. And then the pain hit me.
    I hissed, harshly, biting down on my lip even harder. It even surprised me a little. I should honestly never, ever hit somebody ever again. The irony taste of blood spilled into my mouth and I knew I had busted my own lip. I didn’t even feel the pain that came with the bite, I could only feel my thumb. For a moment, I felt nauseous and black slowly started closing in on my vision. I could only imagine the paleness of my skin right now. I blinked a few times, strongly, and regained my composure somewhat. I still couldn’t feel the blood rush back to my face, but that would be alright. Slowly, and very carefully, I placed my right hand on the kitchen counter. I stretched my fingers, another pang of pain buzzing through me. I decided I hated broken bones.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

“I'm not here to hunt. I'm here to conquer your heart and cut it out of your chest. But, if you insist,. Go ahead. Teach me, you may.”
    I growl deeply when he presses his ass against my crotch. Without any warning I sink my teeth into his shoulder... hard. Yet, at the same time I step even closer to him. My rules, he's not in control of this situation, I am. And I'm not letting him flip the roles anytime soon.
    From the corners of my eyes I can see Bella moving. She's a terrible sight to see right now. I hope Raisa doesn't see her like this. She'll have a fit.
    "Next time you do that, it'll be Bella biting you instead of me," I hiss into the fabric of Jaimes' shirt, biting again slightly softer now. To be honest, I don't quite now why I did it. Perhaps because punching wasn't an option from this angle. Perhaps because he looks so tasty. Wait, what? Where did that come from? I growl again and tighten my grip on his hands.
    "There's no way you'll be the one to conquer my heart, I guarantee you. You'll never own it, not even when you're holding it in your hands," I whisper, raising my head. There's nothing but determination in my voice. There's more to a heart than tissue and blood, and that's the part I'm guarding from everyone else. They can kill me dead by damaging the flesh of it all they want, but they'll never break me by hurting it with love. I'll not allow it. I'll accept Raisa's protection and affection, but that's it. For any other the book is closed, locked, tied to a stone with an iron chain and dropped to the bottom of the deepest ocean. Jaimes is no exception to this rule and he's an asshole for using the phrasing like he did. So, just for fair measure, I kick him in the ankle. It's his own fault, he should just keep his mouth closed and not piss me off so terribly.
    "And you're a fool if you think you're not here to hunt. You would've killed me by now if you weren't. You could've just plunged your knife into my back when I was still concentrated on shooting, but you didn't, so don't lie to me. I'm not an idiot," I say, getting worked up about it. "Now shut up and focus, buffoon."
    I point the bow at one of the marked trees. I'm not sure if it will work with the twig, but it's worth a try. I'm not giving him a sharp arrow. Perhaps I should seek my rubber-tipped ones, the ones I first learnt to shoot with. I must have them somewhere, in my room I think. I squint my eyes to improve the direction. When having done so, I pay attention to Jaimes again. His stance is wrong. Silently I slide one of my feet between his and push them apart untill his legs are parallel with his hips. Then I tighten the bow, bringing the cord to his cheek.
    "Breathe," I command Jaimes. "And take your time. Feel the tension and let go just before it's too much."
    Just talking about shooting gets me excited. It's like an electric current is flowing through my belly. Being so close to Jaimes has nothing to do with that. Nothing at all. I'm not even into guys. Ahem. Shooting, right.
    I slightly adjust how Jaimes is holding his elbows and then wait for him to take his first shot.