• This topic is especially to talk English with other Quizletters. Other languages than English are forbidden.

In dit topic mag je enkel Engels praten, tenzij je een woordje niet weet. Andere talen zijn verboden. Hou rekening dat niet iedereen zo goed is in Engels. Je mag een ander op zijn fouten wijzen, maar doe dit dan op een respectvolle manier.

But I still have this faith in the truth of my dreams.

TaurieI schreef:
    (...)

And @Bayard as well:
    Could be I used the wrong word, but I don't think so, haha. Anyway, I meant "toneellessen", but I think that's quite the same.I googled it and it isn't. Theater is more than only what I see as "toneel", but I don't know the word for "toneel", than.
    It's at an acadamy, you can also do there other stuff. Like fine arts, music (choir, AMC, instrument and solfege), and diction (:

Drama classes?

I love theater and everything about it. It sucks that I can't sing because that way I wont get any roles in musicals :'( I do take drama classes and dancing as well. I've literately been doing it half of my life and I still love it c:

It's very important for you to believe that you are the one

Milah schreef:
    (...)
    Drama classes?

There's something difference between "drama" and "toneel" in Dutch, but I have no idea what that is in English.

Even as we grieved, we grew; even as we hurt, we hoped; even as we tired, we tried

TaurieI schreef:
    (...)

There's something difference between "drama" and "toneel" in Dutch, but I have no idea what that is in English.

English 'drama' is equal to Dutch 'toneel' ^^

Milah schreef:
    (...)

English 'drama' is equal to Dutch 'toneel' ^^

Then I meant drama classes (:
    And what's theatre then, my I ask?

Even as we grieved, we grew; even as we hurt, we hoped; even as we tired, we tried

Basically anything you can do in a theater as far as I know xD

It's very important for you to believe that you are the one

IcanBreathe schreef:
    Basically anything you can do in a theater as far as I know xD

I've only seen a play, and never a theater, so I have no idea what you can do in it, haha (:

'A theater' is the place where they perform plays, musicals, ballets, shows, anything.
    Theater as a concept is 'a collaborative form of fine art that uses live performers to present the experience of a real or imagined event before a live audience in a specific place', according to Wikipedia ^^

It's been quiet here.. How's everyone doing? Do you guys actually read books in English?

“We all are living in a dream, but life ain’t what it seems Oh everything’s a mess.”

I'm doing great (: I've been to Divergent this evening, and I'm truly fangirling, haha.

Initiation schreef:
    I'm doing great (: I've been to Divergent this evening, and I'm truly fangirling, haha.

I'm now in doubt as to first read the book or see the movie..

“We all are living in a dream, but life ain’t what it seems Oh everything’s a mess.”

Quies schreef:
    (...)

I'm now in doubt as to first read the book or see the movie..

It's coming out in The Netherlands tomorrow, but it reads really fast.
    The only disadvantage is that you already know what's going to happen, but I'd read the book first.

I would read the book(s) first and then I would watch the movie. I almost never watch movies before I read the book(s).

Yeah, normally I always read the books first as well, but maybe it's fun to try it the other way around; you'll never know what they didn't film and I think you'll be a bit less frustrated if they left some parts out of the movie, just because you don't know there are those parts; if you can follow my thoughts haha

Oooh it's alive!

Hello everybody! How are you all doing? I'm doing fine enough. Or well.. ah whatever, I'm doing fine. :p
    Does anybody has plans for today? I know I haven't. Well... drivinglessons and tonight some friends wil come over. (:

• It is often the biggest smile, that is hiding the saddest heart. •