• This topic is especially to talk English with other Quizletters. Other languages than English are forbidden.

In dit topic mag je enkel Engels praten, tenzij je een woordje niet weet. Andere talen zijn verboden. Hou rekening dat niet iedereen zo goed is in Engels. Je mag een ander op zijn fouten wijzen, maar doe dit dan op een respectvolle manier.

But I still have this faith in the truth of my dreams.

MarshmallowS schreef:
    (...)

Nurse studies

Ooh, sounds nice!
    I study Applied Linguistics.
    (I'll give you an applause if you know what that is :'D)

Milah schreef:
    (...)

Ooh, sounds nice!
    I study Applied Linguistics.
    (I'll give you an applause if you know what that is :'D)

I had to translate it to be honest but even then I don't really know what you can become with that, I never understood the difference between that subject and Language and Literature ;p
    And yeah, nurse studies is nice, last year I did biomedical sciences but that wasn't really something for me and I'm glad I've changed (:

“We all are living in a dream, but life ain’t what it seems Oh everything’s a mess.”

MarshmallowS schreef:
    (...)

I had to translate it to be honest but even then I don't really know what you can become with that, I never understood the difference between that subject and Language and Literature ;p
    And yeah, nurse studies is nice, last year I did biomedical sciences but that wasn't really something for me and I'm glad I've changed (:

The master of Applied Linguistics is Interpreter or Translator, but you can go many ways with the languages. You can also go teaching, or study journalism, or communication...

If i get better in English, I might buy the English books of Warrior Cats ^^
    Because, i can't wait 'till they're translated to dutch.

May StarClan light your path.

Just read in English ^^
    I started with Breaking Dawn, still with Google Translator at the ready and before you know it, you're used to it and it's as easy as I don't know what ^^

I think I'm gonna buy the English books of Matched. 'Cause it's the original language and the third book, Reached, isn't translated into Dutch yet. :/

:)

Books, and especially Poetry, are always better in the original version ^^

Yes, they are. But usually I first read the Dutch versions. It makes it easier and it's easier to find in the library. :')

You just got to take the jump and start reading them in English first. That's the only way to improve it ^^

I guess you're right. Well, I have to start reading Divergent as well, so why wouldn't I do that in English? Let's make that jump. :')

Yay ^^
    I think that's really good ^^

Gosh, we have to do this 'oral test' for English. It's not that I suck in it, it's more that the topic that the girls got, you won't be able to talk about it for 3-4 minutes. You'll have to tell nonsense things about it then. D:

[ bericht aangepast op 20 jan 2014 - 16:51 ]

What do you have to talk about then?

'If you were an animal, you would be..'
    I've chosen for a tropical fish, and I just tell why I want to be it, and where I could go if I was one. But still, haha.

[ bericht aangepast op 20 jan 2014 - 17:04 ]

That's... Strange...