• This topic is especially to talk English with other Quizletters. Other languages than English are forbidden.

In dit topic mag je enkel Engels praten, tenzij je een woordje niet weet. Andere talen zijn verboden. Hou rekening dat niet iedereen zo goed is in Engels. Je mag een ander op zijn fouten wijzen, maar doe dit dan op een respectvolle manier.

But I still have this faith in the truth of my dreams.

I'm going to do an international minor for the upcoming six months. TROLOLOL.

No growth of the heart is ever a waste

Squirrelpaw schreef:
    If i get better in English, I might buy the English books of Warrior Cats ^^
    Because, i can't wait 'till they're translated to dutch.

I started reading English books with Harry Potter because I knew the story already and it made it easier to understand,
    maybe you can do something like that as well? My English has also really improved with watching american series with and without subtitles,
    now I'm reading the Game of Thrones in English without much difficulties (some little words I still don't know but then I look them up)
    and like Milah said: books are always better in the original language (a translation is just never the same cause you don't have the same expressions and such)
    So yeah, I would just read it in English and maybe with a dictionary aside (:

“We all are living in a dream, but life ain’t what it seems Oh everything’s a mess.”

Who would mind, checking my grammar and sentences from my English oral test? I'm not sure about the grammar at some places.^^

I would love to help out ^^

Hanaemi schreef:
    Who would mind, checking my grammar and sentences from my English oral test? I'm not sure about the grammar at some places.^^

I can ask my teacher of theatre, her husband is Scottish.

Even as we grieved, we grew; even as we hurt, we hoped; even as we tired, we tried

Latier schreef:
    (...)

I'll need it tomorrow, but I sent it to Evelien. ^^

[ bericht aangepast op 21 jan 2014 - 20:01 ]

And I already answered it ^^
    I don't mean to come over as a snob or anything, but if anyone has any trouble with a text or anything, I'm always glad to help.
    It's a nice exercise for me, because I have to do those kinds of things for my classes too.

No school for me tomorrow :D
    And friday I'm gonna see a movie with my best friend! Yay!

May StarClan light your path.

Milah schreef:
    Yay ^^
    I think that's really good ^^

Yesterday I ordered the Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie in English language. They'll be here in about three days. Can't wait. :')

@Latier: Do you have theatre lessons? Ö

[ bericht aangepast op 22 jan 2014 - 16:42 ]

:)

TaurieI schreef:
    (...)

Do you have theatre lessons?
    That's so cool.

Aerials, in the sky. When you lose small mind you free your life .

I'm so nervous for my oral.. And older students will hear me too.. That's my worst nightmare. I can handle my own class, but not older students >_<

I don't want you to die, I want you to suffer.

I've gonna watch tommorow a movie in the class. They say it's Spijt! but I don't really know.

The monsters running wild inside of me. I'm faded

I am fucking tired, wooohoooo.

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.

Celebration schreef:
    (...)
    Do you have theatre lessons?
    That's so cool.

And @Bayard as well:
    Could be I used the wrong word, but I don't think so, haha. Anyway, I meant "toneellessen", but I think that's quite the same.I googled it and it isn't. Theater is more than only what I see as "toneel", but I don't know the word for "toneel", than.
    It's at an acadamy, you can also do there other stuff. Like fine arts, music (choir, AMC, instrument and solfege), and diction (:

Even as we grieved, we grew; even as we hurt, we hoped; even as we tired, we tried

Nevermind.

[ bericht aangepast op 22 jan 2014 - 22:02 ]

''Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.''