• † † †

† † †

† † †

1866, Weston, West Virginia

The Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum for the mentally ill was founded in 1864. Since then it has had a reputation of beholding the worst of the worst. Between the walls of Trans-Allegheny die many souls who are buried in the gigantic graveyard on the edge of the grounds. It is told to be haunted with bad luck and everyone who is locked up inside, won't ever leave the grounds. Dead or alive. Now in 1866 the asylum has been reopened, after it was closed for several months due to a particularly gruesome murder inside its walls. Eight clients have been transferred from different other asylums to spend the remaining of their insane lives in Trans-Allegheny, but it is not only walls that holds the clients inside. According to the rumors, the doctors who have been appointed to take care of the clients aren't quite sane themselves. Welcome to the horrors of Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum.

R O L E S
    DOCTORS
    † Killian Theodore Cliffwood • Ian Somerhalder (narcissist) // Lizor
    † Edward Isaac Jones • Iwan Rheon // Shireen
    † Norman Richard Galloway • David Gandy (drug addict) // Miall
    †
    † Katherine Williams • Scarlett Johansson (sadist) // Macabre
    † Elaine Ophelia Hershey • Kristina Romanova // Shocker
    † Adaline Ruth Baker • Elizabeth Olsen // Viraha
    †

PATIENTS
    † Charles Alexander Madkins • fc • Paranoid Personality Disorder // Lachesism
    † name • fc • APD // Frisk
    † Henry Nicholas Reign • Daniel Bederov • Major Depressive Disorder // Viraha
    †
    † Lilith Stanbury • Violet Ell • Schizophrenia/ED // Macabre
    † Anastasia Florence Chau-Se • Daul Kim • Dissociative Identity Disorder // Lizor
    † Therese Scottsman • Lorde • Hysteria // Shireen
    † Dorothy Margaret Crawford • Cora Keegan • Bipolar // Miall

- Name
    - Illness (for patients)
    - Personality
    - Appearance
    - Relationships
    - History
    - Extra

T O P I C S
    †

R U L E S
    † There is maximum of two roles.
    † Only Macabre and Lizor make new topics.
    † Posts have to contain at least 250 words.
    † No fights, unless it's in character.
    † OOC in playing topic between hooks or in the spam topic.
    † 16+ is allowed.
    † Without permission you can not control other roles.
    † Don't shut anyone out and try to read the posts from others.
    † In your post you name your name, role, location and the person you role is with.
    † No Harley Quinn's or Tate's.
    † Take the year into consideration when you pick a face claim.
    † And above all; have fun!

[ bericht aangepast op 14 nov 2016 - 12:38 ]

"When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed.''

Oeh, het idee is wel echt heel leuk.
    Maar ik twijfel of ik genoeg tijd heb.

Lindsay, forever in my heart † • Skaikru went Bughead

Lachesism schreef:
    male patient for me? ^^

Frisk schreef:
    Do you see ASPD (AntiSocialPersonalityDisorder) (psycho/sociopath) as a mental disorder as well, or not really?
    (If you do, I'd like a male patient with that disorder, please ^^)

All done! And yes, as long as he is crazy enough, hahaha.

FC: Lorde

how dare you speak of grace

T H E R E S E      •      S C O T T S M A N

'They drive me crazy. They drive me fucking crazy!'

N A M E

Therese ~ reaper (the-rès)
    Scottsman ~ of Scotland (scots-màn)

A G E

Therese is currently at the age of 25, ageing on
    the 25th of December each year.

R O L E

Patient at Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum.

I L L N E S S

She was diagnosed with an extreme version of hysteria, which caused the authorities to put her away in the asylum. Upon arrival she was assessed by the asylum's psychiatrists, and diagnosed with paranoia as well. Both of her illnesses make the other worse and so on, the other way around. She was born with neither of her illnesses; they occurred in her later life, particularly after marriage. Therese herself, on the other hand, believes there's nothing wrong with her and that the system is trying to set her up.

She was like a moonlight sonata. A macabre vibe sitting in the moonlight on the balcony. Insomnia ruled her.
    And she would silently scream, but nobody would listen...

P E R S O N A L I T Y

Therese is a woman who likes to constantly make clear that she is not to be messed with. Even though there are some weak sides to her, that actually quite oftenly like to show themselves, she keeps very busy trying to keep her head high in a status of strength and dominance.
          This, however, does not mean that she is generally an aggressive person, she simply does not like to be contradicted or belittled, even though she often is considering the fact that she thinks she does not belong in an institution (contradicted), and her hysteria sometimes makes her act foolishly or childishly (belittled).
          The symptoms of hysteria that affect her the most are irritability, loss of appetite, insomnia, sexual frustration and desire and above all 'a tendency to cause trouble'. There are many times in which she will feel like everyone is against her or trying to make her do something she doesn't want to, and at those times, there is a great probability that she will lash out to the people around her, and create chaotic tantrums.
          Besides the symptoms or her illness, she is actually a very social young woman. She would rather be within human (if not provided, animal) company than alone, and finds joy in simply chatting, discussing a wide variety of social topics, and playing games with friends or other people. Persons that know her describe her as a very smart, clever and witty woman, that does not care to hold back her strong opinions on certain matters. The fact that she is so very outspoken, almost without any sort of filter on her speech, means that she can sometimes come across as very rude, or at least uncaring for other people's emotions. Most of the times, she does not care if she offends somebody, and if she does care, she will probably not show this or apologise. This refers back to the fact that she thrives to preserve a dominant status and does not wish to roll out of this. She will keep her head high at almost any cost.

'I miss my friends. I truly do. I miss the debutants, I miss the ballrooms, I miss dancing with the older boys and having them chase me none the less. And now I am locked within myself, fallen victim to my own greed.'

A P P E A R A N C E            FC: Lorde

Even though she is shorter than almost every man she meets, for a woman, Therese would be considered tall, and above all slender. She doesn't have a lot of curves, apart from the fact that she is equipped with the hourglass bone structures of a woman. This hourglass effect has been intensified by her years of wearing tight corsets. Her frontal hip bones tend to stick out when naked, with regard to the fact that when she stands she seems to always lean back the slightest bit.
          The first thing that people always notice about her, are her long, dark brown curls. Those in contrast to her bright, blue eyes are what commonly makes her stand out in a crowd. That, apart from her sense of dressing. She prefers to wear magnificent ballgowns over regular courtesy attire, and if she is forced to tone it down to non-sparkly, she likes to do so in brighter colours like red, orange, blue or purple. Despite all her desired tastes, the colour she wears most is cream, because it suits her best.
          Because of her divine taste in clothing, she feels disgusted by the fact that she is not allowed to wear her own dresses inside the asylum, also because these help her obtain the status that she desires.
          Therese is quite familiar with the sensation of make up, although she only occasionally, sneakily likes to put some rouge on her lips. She does not need to further mask her skin, as it is already porcelain.
          Her hair used to be combed, styled and sometimes pinned away by her lady's maid who had gotten quite the hang of it, but now that she is in the asylum, she finds no way of taming it. In moods of tantrum, it will quite oftenly cover her face in strings of despair, as she likes to name it.
          Her natural face is not considered a kind one, and quite frankly that is not always unintentional. Stares of death can occur, occasionally, but mostly she just looks very annoyed, tired or indifferent.

'Yes, I was nothing but a foolish little girl, thinking to be in charge of my own. But he saw that and he took advantage of it.'

H I S T O R Y

Therese was born in New York City, Maine, in a large and noble family. She was the third child and eldest daughter out of seven, and considered the most beautiful out of four sisters. Her parents were loving and caring, and she was able to live her childhood and most of her teenage years to her ever desire. She never had to worry about anything, until she came to the age of adulthood, and to age at which it was time to find a suitor and marry.
          She attended three season of debutant balls, at which she met a great amount of friends that are still very dear to her. However, during a debutant ball in the state of Pennsylvania, she met Lord Oscar Scottsman from West Virginia. Even though he was already 32 and previously widowed at the time, making him eleven years older than her, there seemed to be an immediate spark between the two. She loved his sense of humor, class and intelligence, he loved her wittiness and beauty. Merely a couple of months (and a couple of courtesy walks, rides and hunts attended) later, Oscar asked for her hand in marriage and Therese gladly accepted.
          Their magnificently large wedding was exactly how Therese had pictured her future in her head, as were her first few months as a wife, despite the fact that she had to move so far away from her own family. She was deeply in love and he treated her well, Therese was on a pink cloud until after a couple of months, Oscar suddenly seemed discontented. He blamed it on her that she had not gotten pregnant yet, and his behaviour towards her changed. He became less nice, more degrading, belittling (worst when he had a drink) and violent.
          Therese grew scared of him and tried to stay out of his way, or rather, stay away from him, but that was exactly what would not help him get what he want. Marital rapes started occurring more often, and all kindness in him seemed to be gone.This all, is the cause of her hysteria. Paranoia was something that came with it because she was scared that he would disapprove of anything she did, and she constantly felt like she was walking on egg shells.
          Now that she is in the asylum, she has been able to find rest and re-obtain her dominance and wittiness that she had always had before, but she knows that Oscar has not forgotten about her. He visits most of the times that he can and is waiting for her to get out of the asylum, so he can take her back to his home. And Therese knows she'll have no other choice but to obey...

Tragic, tragic, tragic...

[ bericht aangepast op 5 nov 2016 - 11:44 ]

CHARLES ALEXANDER MADKINS
    ''Quote.''

''Quote.''

''Quote.''

''’Quote.''

N A M E:
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst

A G E:
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst

R O L :
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst

M E N T A L L      I L N E S S:

Paranoid Personality Disorder
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst

P E R S O N A L I T Y:
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst

A P P E A R A N C E:
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst

H I S T O R Y:
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst

E X T R A:
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst
    tekst

R E L A T I O N S H I P S:

lalalalala

''You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.'' — Max Ehrma

I want to say I'm in but I had just not enough time >< and my English isn't good enough, I think.

[ bericht aangepast op 2 nov 2016 - 18:00 ]

i wanna vincent van gogh cry in a corner

_Silence schreef:
    I want to say I'm in but I had just not enough time >< and my English isn't good enough, I think.

I suppose you could always try.
    I'm not one of the organisers, but I'd say your English doesn't have to be perfect to participate. Besides, it would be a great way to learn (:

Shireen schreef:
    (...)

I suppose you could always try.
    I'm not one of the organisers, but I'd say your English doesn't have to be perfect to participate. Besides, it would be a great way to learn (:

I agree on this, but also bare in mind that you have to be able to write posts that are at least 200 words (:

My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.

Lizor schreef:
    (...)
    I agree on this, but also bare in mind that you have to be able to write posts that are at least 200 words (:

True that too hehe

Mag ik een mannelijke patiënt met MDD en suïcidale neigingen? (Major Depressive Disorder)
    Maak 'm wel zo dat het past binnen het jaren '19 instituut. (:

[ bericht aangepast op 4 nov 2016 - 9:08 ]

A girl who wonders.

Dorothy Margaret “Dot” Crawford

NAME
    Dorothy

Margaret

Crawford
    "Dó-re-thy"
    "Mà-gret"
    'Cró-furd"
    Latin, Greek, English

Irish, English, Persian, Greek, Shakespeaean

English
    gift of God

name of a saint

from the crow's ford
    Dorothy prefers her nickname Dot. Her parents always called her Dorothy but ever since the day she started speaking and introducing herself to others, she called herself Dot. She found Dorothy too posh.

Dorothy is currently 24 years old, born in a small, religious town called Lone Oak in Texas on the 21st of November.

ROLE
    She is a patient at the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum since she was 21 years old. She moved around quite a lot, but nobody really knew what to do with Dot, as she continued to have episodes of mania, hysteria and other seizures. She severely injured herself and others multiple times and it didn't look like it was going to stop any time soon. At the Trans-Allegheny they try to keep her as calm as possible, but even they can't prevent her from suffering from her illness.

ILLNESS
    When she first got ill at the age of 8, her parents — and everybody in Lone Oak — thought Dot was possesed by some evil spirit. She acted all strangely and attacked several people in her environment, being a true danger to everbody. The vicar performed an exorcism on Dot, hoping her the demon inside her would disappear for once and for all. But when this didn't work out the way everybody wanted to, Dots family decided to take matter into their own hands and find somebody who could free their daughter from this behaviour.
          Dot finally was diagnosed with a form of schizophrenia and hysteria the age of 13. Ever since then, she was moved from one hospital to another, being locked up by herself in a small room. Unfortunately for Dot, her illness is still lurking from a dark corner of her head, getting ready to take her over once again for several days, or even weeks.
          Still, this diagnosis isn't quite cutting it: bipolar disorder would be a much more appropriate diagnosis.

I will end you! I will fucking end you!

PERSONALITY
    — Alert
    — Agressive
    — Angry
    — Anxious
    — Challenging
    — Confused
    — Complex
    — Deceitful
    — Emotional
    — Hostile
    — Irresponsible
    — Melancholic
    — Moody
    — Paranoid
    — Perverse
    — Pessimistic
    — Resentful
    — Self-critical
    — Sly
    — Unbalanced
    — Vindictive

When you first meet Dot, she doesn't really seem like a sick young woman. She can smile, laugh and crack some jokes to make a good first impression. It takes a lot of effort to keep up this mask, because as soon as she lets it drop, people see her real personality. Most of the time, Dot is moody and insecure and depressed. When she is this melancholic, she cries a lot, has a negative outlook on life and won't make eye contact with anyone. Doctors and nurses hide all sharp objects from her to prevent Dot from injuring herself, cutting herself on her arms, breast and stomach. Sometimes she even has some suicidal behaviour, leaning towards taking her own life. She doesn't care about life as much as she used to. These tendencies drive her crazy and she often screams to 'take it away'.
          As borderline personality disorder prescribes, Dot's depressed moods sometimes alternates with weirdly elevated periods. In this state of hypomania, she can be abnormally happy, these episodes can last up until one week at least. In this state of mania, she makes poor mistakes. She often thinks it's a good idea just to keep her head under water for minutes at a time, and she sometimes finds it funny to torture herself and others, including animals. She can't properly jugde what's wrong and what's right when she has these moods. Also, she can start talking really rapidly and excessively, not knowing when to finally stop. Her thoughts race from one subject to another and she can't stop them and make her head empty. Dot doesn't really need her sleep when she is in this mood: she sometimes escapes her room and wanders the silent hallways of the Asylum, before getting caught and being escorted back to bed. She really is a handful, in any mood.

APPEARANCE      [faceclaim= Cora Keegan]
    Body type
    — Body shape • Slim, 5 ft 2 inches tall
    Skin
    — Colour • White.
    Face
    — Eyebrows • Lightbrown.
    — Eyelashes • Short.
    — Eyes • Hazel.
    — Nose • Not too big, not too small.
    — Mouth • Full, rose lips.
    Hair
    — Colour • Very light blonde.
    — Length • Just below her shoulder blades.
    Voice
    — Accent • American-English.

Don't mess with me.

HISTORY
    Born in a small town in Texas, Dot grew up in a big, religious family that went to church every Sunday and prayed before every meal. Ever since she was little, Dot never believed in a big man on a cloud, conducting everybody's life and making sure bad people get their punishment and good people get their reward. She doesn't believe in a heaven or hell after death, because she always thought she was in a hell on earth already. Her family was poor and religious and they didn't want anything to do with heathen people and ungodly behaviour. Dot didn't like it at all, even when she was a little child.
          She wasn't psysically abused by her parents, but mentally her life was a true challenge. Dot had to help in the household, like her older sisters and mother. Her brothers and father worked up until 16 hours a day to earn some money for the family. Dot always wanted to get out of the house, see the nature around their little house, but her parents wouldn't let her. She was shouted and yelled at. Her symptoms occured when she was about eight years old and her parents immediately thought of a possession by some evil spirit. The vicar performed an exorcism on her, but it didn't work. She was ill and they couldn't find a solution in the Bible, so finally they sent her to multiple hospitals and asylums, where they finally diagnosed her with a form of schizophrenia and hysteria.

The Crawford family
    Father: Norman Richard Crawford
    Mother: Philomena Winifred Crawford (née Barnes) (48)
    Siblings:
          — Theresa Lorraine Daugherty (née Crawford) (28)
          — Abraham Derrick Crawford (27)
          — Susannah Prudence Allen (née Crawford ) (26)
          — Dorothy Margaret Crawford (24)
          — Charlotte Ann Thompson (née Crawford (22)
          — Nathaniel Frederick Crawford (22)
          — Sarah Joan Crawford (20)

RELATIONSHIPS
    —
    —

EXTRA

[ bericht aangepast op 10 nov 2016 - 22:59 ]

I, Tahani Al-Jamil, shall do my level best to make every event too much.

Viraha schreef:
    Mag ik een mannelijke patiënt met MDD en suïcidale neigingen? (Major Depressive Disorder)
    Maak 'm wel zo dat het past binnen het jaren '19 instituut. (:

Yush (:

My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.

HENRY NICHOLAS REIGN

Name
    Henry Reign

Role
    Patient

Illness
    Major Depressive Disorder, followed by suicidal tendencies.

Personality
    Unlike the boy he once was, Henry seems to be in a perpetual state of sadness or sometimes even; complete and utter apathy, as he more often than not chooses not to show any emotion when nearby others, only to break down the moment he finds himself alone. (Causing his illness to appear not quite as severe as it truly is, though those who know him can see through his lies and recognize the bad days.) For this simple reason he quite dislikes spending his days in solitude. He likes to be near others, not solely for their company, but simply because they can be an easy distraction from his own destructive thoughts. He loves to observe others in silence, hearing their conversations with others or tracking their movements – as if constantly studying them. Perhaps, he is.
          Know that there are those moments where he shows who he once was, where he cracks a smile, finds himself laughing in joy or amusement or even show his caring side, though these have become quite rare the last few weeks. This is also far more likely to happen near those he trusts, although he struggles with the social aspect of life. With no difficulty making friends, nor starting a conversation, he still often chooses not to share anything personal, keeping in mind his unavoidable death and having no desire to hurt them more than needed.
          However, he can be a worthy friend in the best of times, always showing more interest in others’ recovery than his own. The people around him are his only beacon of hope, at times making him strangely protective of them or the idea he has of them. This would also be the only reason for him ever to get angry, yet when he does, it’d be a complete outburst.
          Since he tells himself he won’t be living much longer, Henry has little regard for the consequences of his actions. When he can find the energy on his better days, he’ll always be in for some rebellish behavior, even choosing to do so with the hope of lifting the group’s spirit.
          Henry appears to be quite smart, often losing himself in a book or his own mind. He respects both women and men.

Appearance [fc - Daniel Bederov]

Relationships

History
    - His mother suffered a similar depression, eventually ending up in a sanitarium as well. He however never saw her again, as she dies of a pneumonia shortly after. Henry was 7 years old at the time.
    - His father gave him all the care in the world and, as the were weatlhy enough, a comfortable lifestyle.
    - At the age of 18 he'd occasionally begin to suffer from a lack of motivation and energy, depressive thoughs creeping in.
    - Henry got married when he was 19, and still is to this day, though he has not spoken with or to his wife for several months.

Extra
    Henry’s last suicide-attempt was merely a week ago, the scars on his wrists still healing, after he broke a window and got his hands on a sharp piece of glass in one of his worse episodes.

[ bericht aangepast op 5 nov 2016 - 15:10 ]

A girl who wonders.

Ik pas het later allemaal aan!

Apart from relations and extra info, Therese is done (: