• † † †

† † †

† † †

1866, Weston, West Virginia

The Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum for the mentally ill was founded in 1864. Since then it has had a reputation of beholding the worst of the worst. Between the walls of Trans-Allegheny die many souls who are buried in the gigantic graveyard on the edge of the grounds. It is told to be haunted with bad luck and everyone who is locked up inside, won't ever leave the grounds. Dead or alive. Now in 1866 the asylum has been reopened, after it was closed for several months due to a particularly gruesome murder inside its walls. Eight clients have been transferred from different other asylums to spend the remaining of their insane lives in Trans-Allegheny, but it is not only walls that holds the clients inside. According to the rumors, the doctors who have been appointed to take care of the clients aren't quite sane themselves. Welcome to the horrors of Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum.

R O L E S
    DOCTORS
    † Killian Theodore Cliffwood • Ian Somerhalder (narcissist) // Lizor
    † Edward Isaac Jones • Iwan Rheon // Shireen
    † Norman Richard Galloway • David Gandy (drug addict) // Miall
    †
    † Katherine Williams • Scarlett Johansson (sadist) // Macabre
    † Elaine Ophelia Hershey • Kristina Romanova // Shocker
    † Adaline Ruth Baker • Elizabeth Olsen // Viraha
    †

PATIENTS
    † Charles Alexander Madkins • fc • Paranoid Personality Disorder // Lachesism
    † name • fc • APD // Frisk
    † Henry Nicholas Reign • Daniel Bederov • Major Depressive Disorder // Viraha
    †
    † Lilith Stanbury • Violet Ell • Schizophrenia/ED // Macabre
    † Anastasia Florence Chau-Se • Daul Kim • Dissociative Identity Disorder // Lizor
    † Therese Scottsman • Lorde • Hysteria // Shireen
    † Dorothy Margaret Crawford • Cora Keegan • Bipolar // Miall

- Name
    - Illness (for patients)
    - Personality
    - Appearance
    - Relationships
    - History
    - Extra

T O P I C S
    †

R U L E S
    † There is maximum of two roles.
    † Only Macabre and Lizor make new topics.
    † Posts have to contain at least 250 words.
    † No fights, unless it's in character.
    † OOC in playing topic between hooks or in the spam topic.
    † 16+ is allowed.
    † Without permission you can not control other roles.
    † Don't shut anyone out and try to read the posts from others.
    † In your post you name your name, role, location and the person you role is with.
    † No Harley Quinn's or Tate's.
    † Take the year into consideration when you pick a face claim.
    † And above all; have fun!

[ bericht aangepast op 14 nov 2016 - 12:38 ]

"When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed.''

Norman Richard Galloway

NAME
    Norman

Richard

Galloway
    "Nór-man"

"Rí-chard"

"Gá-lo-way"
    French, English, Teutonic, German

Teutonic, English, German, French, Shakespearean
    Scottish
    man from the north

powerful ruler

place of the foreign Gaels
    Norman was named after his father, whom he doesn't really know. He died when he was still a toddler, so he has little to no memories of him. He can only remember his mother crying her eyes out every evening in her bed, just to pretend like nothing was wrong when she got up in the morning to take care of her children. On her own.

Norman is currently 35 years old, he was born on a rainy spring evening on the 3d of April.

ROLE
    Norman is a doctor at the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum.

ILLNESS
    Norman's condition might not be a real illness, but it still takes over his life at times. Since the age of 28, he has been battling an alcohol addiction, sometimes accompanied by drug abuse too. He sometimes succeeded in finally oppressing the addictions, but when one bad thing would happen, he would grab a bottle and drink away his problems and his bad thoughts.
          Even though most people hardly know the reason behind their illness or addiction, Norman very soon worked it out. It's not his childhood, because even though his father passed away at a young age, he had a good, happy youth. No, the true reason behind his addictions, would be his wife. Or a better description would be his deceased wife.

No one is free, even the birds are chained to the sky.

PERSONALITY
    — Alert
    — Blunt
    — Boisterous
    — Callous
    — Caring
    — Crass
    — Considerable
    — Dedicated
    — Dishonest
    — Dominant
    — Greedy
    — Grim
    — Hard-working
    — Outspoken
    — Resentful
    — Scrupulous
    — Solitary
    — Stubborn
    — Stoid
    — Tough
    — Whimsical

At first sight, Norman would be a cold, hard man. He often is on his own and he isn't ever in need of any company, he likes being by himself. Also, he will say what's on his mind. If he doesn't like something, he will immediately tell everybody nearby and he will nag on about it until he gets what he wants. He might not always think about what is coming out of his mouth, he can just blurt out something, without being sorry for it.
          Oftentimes, when he is not around his drinks or even drugs, he can be more grim than he naturally already is. He needs to feed his addiction in order to funtion well as a doctor and as a person in general. It's difficult for him to go even a day without alcohol in his body. He doesn't feed himself very drunk all the time — except for the times he doesn't have to work or when he is by himself for at least a couple of hours — but he needs the soothing feeling the alcohol gives him.
          Even though drinking under work might seem a bit unresponsible, he does care for his patients and he's very considerable while examining them. He understands they are going through rough times — as is he — and he tries to make them feel as comfortable as they can possibly get. He tries to do the best he can, to make sure they don't start any more bad habits, or don't get any worse.

APPEARANCE      [faceclaim= David Gandy]
    Body type
    — Body shape • Slim but athletic, 6 ft 3 inches
    Skin
    — Colour • White.
    Face
    — Eyebrows • Dark, thick.
    — Eyelashes • Not too short.
    — Eyes • Light blue.
    — Nose • Big.
    — Mouth • Not too big, not too small.
    — Facial hair • A beard and a moustache, not too long grown.
    Hair
    — Colour • Dark brown.
    — Length • Cut, but not too short.
    Voice
    — Accent • American-English.

People who have never had an addiction don't understand how hard it can be.

HISTORY
    Norman was born in a warm, loving family in Charleston, West Virginia. He is the oldest of six children. Norman's father died when Norman was only six years old, so he doesn't quite remember him, except from stories his mother used to tell him and his siblings. He died soon after the twins were born, Norman's younger sister and brother. It was a rough time to get through, but his mother made sure her children got everything they needed and wanted. She worked during the day and took care of her six children while at home in the evening. The older children watched the younger children and when necessary, a neighbour would watch them, so his mother could earn the money they needed.
          As Norman grew older, he started to see more in girls, and at the age of 20, he met the gorgeous young Beatrice, whom he proposed to and married when they were 23 years old. They were together for years, they lived together while Norman proceeded his study in medicine, but never had any children, even though Norman would have wanted to carry on the Galloway family name for at least one generation. Beatrice died very suddenly when she was just 27 years old. The cause of her death remained unknown, but they expected cancer, a diagnosis not often made. Norman's soulmate died and he felt very much alone. His family supported him, but he only wanted to be with Beatrice again, which was impossible. After her funeral, he first started drinking and since that day, he hasn't quit.

The Galloway family
    Father: † Norman Richard Galloway Sr.
    Mother: Philomena Winifred Galloway (née Barnes) (57)
    Siblings:
          — Norman Richard Galloway (35)
          — Richard Henry Galloway (34)
          — Edith Barbara Campbell (née Galloway) (33)
          — Constantine Tabitha Mack (née Galloway) (31)
          — Charlotte Ann Greene (née Galloway) (29)
          — Robert Gerald Galloway (29)

RELATIONSHIPS
    Any volunteers?

EXTRA

[ bericht aangepast op 11 nov 2016 - 12:06 ]

I, Tahani Al-Jamil, shall do my level best to make every event too much.

Elaine Ophelia Hershey
    ‘There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.’

NAME
    Elaine • bright • Old-French
    Ophelia • help • Ancient-Greek
    Hershey • deer • Yiddish

AGE & BIRTHDAY & ZODIAC SIGN
    28 • 5th of March • Pisces

ROLE
    Doctor.

PERSONALITY

Obsessive
    Dedicated
    Ambitious
    Focused
    Hardworking
    Conceited
    Unreliable
    Idealistic
    Neat
    Passionate
    Perfectionist
    Precise
    Desperate
    Brilliant
    Systematic
    Complex
    Determined
    Ridiculous
    Intense
    Elegant
    Strong-willed
    Obedient
    Competitive
    Stoic
    Strict
    Amoral
    Naive
    Unstable

APPEARANCE
    • FC: Kristina Romanova •

• Her eyes are grayish blue and have this vague, dreamy look.
    • Her brows are styled into a neat arch.
    • Her eyelashes are dark brownish.
    • She has soft, full, puckered, pink lips.
    • She has a upturned nose.
    • She has fawn hair, that is kind of in-between straight and wavy. It's quite long and almost reaches the lower half of her back.
    • She has a very pale skin, due to the lack of daylight.
    • Her face has this square shape, meaning she has quite remarkable cheekbones and jawline.
    • She has a quite average height for a woman • 1.65m or 5'5"
    • She is quite petite and slim. Her curves are there but not that notable. • 59 kg
    • She hasn't got any tattoos nor piercings.
    • Shoesize: EU: 37; UK: 4; US: 6.
    • Right handed
    • No glasses.

HISTORY
    Father • Nicholas Julian Hershey • 56
    Mother • Madeleine Valery Hershey (née Humphrey) • [unknown]
    Sibling • Cassidy Dakota Hershey • [unknown]

There's been going on a lot in Elaine's family, but some of the events aren't worth mentioning. The event that ís worth mentioning is the disappearing of her mother, Madeleine and her younger sister, Cassidy. No one really knows what actually happened, not even Elaine, since she was very young back then. A lot of people suspect her father from murdering Madeleine and Cassidy, but there's no evidence that these rumors are true. Other people believe both Madeleine and Cassidy have run away from Nicholas, who was said to be very aggressive and abusive. But why did they leave Elaine behind, then?
          Surprise surprise, but Nicholas adored Elaine, and she inherited most of his character traits. They share their obsessive characters and their obsession with perfection. Elaine, unlike her sister Cassidy – who was said to be very stubborn and rebellious –, always obeyed her father. In return, her father treated her like a princess and pretty much forgot about his wife and Cassidy. This led to some seriously messed up relationships inside the family.
          Both Elaine's mom and sister were suffering from a depression, something Elaine and her father both would call 'imperfect'. This might also be one of the main reasons why Elaine has chosen to become a doctor; to cure these 'imperfect' souls.

RELATIONSHIPS
    Volunteers?

EXTRAS & FAVOURITES
    • Animal - Raven
    • Allergic to - unknown
    • Colour - all shades of blue, though preferably dark blue
    • Bad habit - lies through her teeth and eavesdrops a lot.
    • Sexuality - straight
    • Phobia
          – Atelophobia (fear of imperfection)
          – Misophobia (fear of being contaminated with dirt)

[ bericht aangepast op 15 nov 2016 - 20:58 ]

I just caught the wave in your eyes

Would it be alright if mine was a guy too, of do your prefer female doctors right now?

A girl who wonders.

Viraha schreef:
    Would it be alright if mine was a guy too, of do your prefer female doctors right now?

Both male and female is okay (:

My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.

There's an emptiness inside our heads
    That no one dares to dwell...

Name:
    Lilith 'Lily' Stanbury
    Role:
    Patient. She has been found wandering, after multiple reports of a girl talking to no one in specific and harming others when they tried to approach her. The asylum restrained her and never managed to find or contact any relatives, so her family has remained to be a mystery.
    Illness:
    Schizophrenia.
    Schizophrenia is a mental disorder characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to understand what is real.
    Lilith sees a lot of people, but there is one in particular whom always sticks by her side; it's and older man, Charles, she calls him, whom is always, twenty-four hours a day present. He is evil, and even though Lilith believes he tries to help her, Charles does the opposite. He is the one telling her to not to eat, he is the one telling her to stay away from other people. He keeps her for himself, making the girl more miserable than she is. According to Lilith he often calls himself 'the devil', the fallen angel, whom is trying to make himself a better person again. Of course, Lily blindly believes him, doing as he says. Most of her actions are indulged by him, not herself.

People with schizophrenia often have additional mental health problems.
    In Lilith's case this is an eating disorder, anxiety and depression.

Appearance:
    If you look at Lilith, you immediately see that she isn't normal. Her body is extremely frail and thin, her face looks like the one of a ghost. She is pale, her skin has a greyish tone to it and Lily has dark circles under her eyes. Once a light shone in them, but nowadays her brown eyes are dull and empty. Her lips are dry and cracked, though once upon a time a smile laid upon them; how she used to look so full of life - how dead she looks now.
    Her hair is dark and extremely long because of a lack of maintenance; it reaches her bottom, and is frizzy and curly most of the time.

Personality:
    Lilith is a very isolated person. It's hard to have a conversation with her as most of the time she barely answers; it's not exactly that she's shy, but more withdrawn. She prefers to be alone, alone with her voices and imaginary friends and foes. Lily can't tell the difference between real and fake, so sometimes she might even treat you like you're air, convinced that you don't exist.
    She is also very naive and easy to influence, hence why she listens to what her voices tell her. Even though they tell her to do harmful things, Lilith sees them as her friends, which is what they made her believe. This is one of the main reasons why the girl refuses help; this often caused her to act hysteric and resulted her in being restrained often.

"Even hell can get comfy once you've settled in. "

Somehow Lily can't stand it to be touched. A hand on her shoulder, even if it's in a comforting manner, freaks her out completely and if you give her a hug she straight up has a panic attack. Doctors aren't able to state why this happens, but they assume it has everything to do with her past. 'Assume', because Lily has never opened up to them, resulting in a lot of people being frustrated with her. Even though she's still being treated, all hope is gone.
    Before Lilith allowed her illness to define her, she wasn't much different from what she is now - she was isolated, mostly alone, but very kind to those who reached out to her and the best friend you could ever imagine. She cared more about her loved ones than herself, which was a very strong characteristic of hers; she'd walk through fire and catch bullets for those she held dear.

Relationships:
    -
    History
    Lilith comes from a rich family - imagine the scandal when it came out the loved daughter of Mary and Alexander Stanbury was schizophrenic.
    This was a typical family that seemed so perfect on loving on the outside, but when you peeked through the curtains, you saw what hell it truly was. Lily's father sexually abused her since a young age and it didn't stop until they kicked their daughter out after the diagnosis. Her mother was a careless, cold woman, only married for the money and wealth. Lilith also had a brother, whom was just as ruined as she was, coping in different ways - alcohol, drugs. She barely saw her big brother, whom was supposed to be her protector.
    The girl was relieved once she lived on the streets, glad she wasn't a part of that family anymore - that was until she got admitted, ending up right back into hell, with touchy doctors and cruel nurses.

Extra
    - Lilith is bisexual.
    - She often sneaks out to smoke a cigarette, not acknowledging the fact she could get herself in serious trouble.

[ bericht aangepast op 14 nov 2016 - 12:00 ]

"When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed.''

We were planning on opening the playing topic sunday night, are you guys okay with that?

Yes, I'm sorry that I haven't editted my role yet, but I was kind of occupied the last few days.

I just caught the wave in your eyes

Shocker schreef:
    Yes, I'm sorry that I haven't editted my role yet, but I was kind of occupied the last few days.

I think everyone has that struggle, so it's fine (:

I will submit my second role asap!

how dare you speak of grace

Yup! (:

[ bericht aangepast op 10 nov 2016 - 20:38 ]

A girl who wonders.

ADALINE RUTH BAKER

Name
    Adaline Ruth Baker

Role
    Doctor

Special trait
    Adaline is – although more than kind - not the strongest in both personality and physical appearance. She’s quiet, insecure and avoids discussions at all costs – keeping her disagreements to herself.
    She is currently pregnant by one of her colleagues, though she does not know which one – Norman or Edward.

Personality
    Although it may not seem like it, Adaline is actually quite a competent doctor – however her methods aren’t always the most helpful. She however does have a generally kind heart and does have good intentions towards her patients, often even opening herself up for a conversation, when they are in need of one. Unlike many, she values the contact with her patients and is a strong advocate for the importance of the social interaction between caregiver and caretaker. More than that, she seems genuinely interested in the lives of others.
          Smart as she is, she continues to educate herself in as many ways as possible. This meaning; it isn’t that rare to find her with her nose in a book or researching whichever technique is then on her mind.
          However, it can be said that Adaline has a tendency to be emotionally unstable. At first sight she appears to be very quiet and apparently insecure, which is also more than truth. She wants to be well-liked and simply isn’t that courageous at times. The only time being when she is advocating for her patients.
          She doesn’t enjoy resorting to cruel treatments, but often has to – not to torture others, but simply because she believes pain to be a great stimuli for recovery. How tormenting electroshock therapy may be, this is one of her fortes – and she truly stand behind its healing effects, though will search alternatives before actually putting it to the test.
          She is known to be quite naïve, often mistaking the social interaction of others as more than it truly is. When shown a friendly smile, she will soon think this to be a way of flirting – even when it comes to her patients. Her greatest weakness may actually be the fact that she isn’t always aware of the cruelty of her colleagues, or does not have the guts to oppose them. Even when in disagreement with others, she struggles with expressing her mind – and lets the behavior continue, telling herself it might not be that bad.
          She is careful with the subject of her pregnancy, as it can give her a whole lot of trouble. Not solely because she does not know who the father is, but simply because she is unwed – and this will be frowned upon by others and God, in whom she believes, though lately her faith has begun to falter.

Appearance [fc - Elizabeth Olsen ]

Relationships

History
    - Adaline was raised with nothing but kindness, but – as she had 5 brothers and sisters – lived her life mostly unnoticed.
    - By the age of 17 she started seeking the company of men, as a replacement for the love she claims to have missed when she was younger.
    - The death of her youngest brother, motivated her to go to medical school and get her degree.
          Extra
    Adaline is currently pregnant; 8 weeks. This is not known by others.

[ bericht aangepast op 15 nov 2016 - 12:37 ]

A girl who wonders.

EDWARD • ISAAC • JONES

'It's still a man's world, darling...'

NAME

Edward ~ guardian (èd-wárd)
    Isaac ~ laughter (i-sec)
    Jones ~ god is gracious (joans)

Edward is 29 years old, and was born on the 5th of November, making his Zodiac the Scorpio. He was born in a small town in the state of Louisiana.

ROLE

He is a doctor at Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum.

ILLNESS

Even though he is a doctor himself, he has got some psychopathic treats to himself as well, expressing itself in forms of mostly mental but also physical (sexual) abuse. He was never assessed or diagnosed, however, and in daily life outside the asylum, these traits to him aren't noticeable at all.

'I advise you to shut it right now, because I don't want to hear anything coming from your mouth until I grant you permission to speak.'

PERSONALITY

The first thing that needs to be known about Edward, but isn't oftenly discovered by the public, is that he is extremely good at seeming like an extremely nice and caring person. He's very good at playing a game of pretend with regular people he meets out on the streets, to whom he actually never reveals his true self, but inside the Asylum, he is barely anything like that.
          Edward is absolutely not a sweetheart. At most times, he's very grumpy and agitated by anything, but the psychopathic to him mostly reveals itself to patients, rather than doctors. He loves to play mind games in which he makes the rules, though barely ever lives by them, and always wins. When he is extremely irritated or annoyed by a patient's behaviour, he can get violent. He honestly mostly tries not to, but he isn't unknown for beatings or other forms of physical abuse.
          This abuse is mostly focussed on the Asylum's female patients. He does take the male patients a tad bit more seriously, but he still despises most of them (and most women in general). He does know how he could treat the patients psychologically to help them to improve, but he never really bothers to do so. He pretends to do so, however; he is very good at convincing a patient that what he's doing to them is for their own good, even though it hurts them mentally and sometimes physically.
          To his colleagues he is not the nicest person, but not too bad either. He could befriend some of the male doctors, and he could appreciate the women, mostly Katherine, in that spectrum.

APPEARANCE

Edward is quite a tall person, measuring about 6"1, he outheightens most of the common people, and almost every woman in his life. He does not particularly work out, but he does have broad shoulders and isn't weak muscled. He will outstrenghten every woman and to be fair, quite a few men as well.
          He tends to shave once every few weeks, sometimes a month, causing his face to sometimes be left with a moustache only (he never shaves that part), and sometimes with stubble or a bit of a beard.
          In daily life he wears tailored suits, and a tie or bow tie with it, always paired with fancy and polished shoes. He owns a pocket watch that he once inherited from his father. When he is feeling nervous or irritated, he likes to play with it to keep himself distracted.

HISTORY

Born in Louisiana in 1837, he was born in a time before the abolishment of slavery in Southern as well as Northern states. He was born as an only child to his parents, on a cotton plantation with labouring slaves. His father was a cruel master to these slaves, which might have contributed to the fact that Edward has little sympathy for anyone as well.
          In 1857, he met the 21 year old daughter of a family friend, Rosie. This wasn't the first time he had met or been intimate with a girl, but he genuinely fell in love with Rosie, and in 1858, asked her to marry him. She accepted, and instead of moving in with him, they decided to move out of Louisiana, up to the North.
          Shortly before the start of the civil war, in 1860, he finished his education off with a doctor's degree, and he and his wife moved to West-Virginia. Here, Edward was hired as a doctor in the Asylum, while the civil war was already heating up between the Northern and Southern states. He never had anything to do with this war, and refused to fight in it as well. He wasn't pro-abolishment, but he did not care much for the freeing of slaves; his father's plantation had already died out to a certain extend, which caused him to no longer make money off of it, so he did not care much.
          In 1860, his wife Rosie gave birth to a wonderful baby boy. Nothing seemed to be able to cast Edward down anymore, being happy as ever, until a year later, their son caught measles, and died after three days of fighting. Rosie, not being able to find care or comfort with her unsympathetic and brute-of-heart husband, killed herself a month later, out of grief over her son's death.
          Edward refused to ever speak of his late wife and son again, knowing that her death was his fault, and thinking that he might have been able to prevent his son's death. Nobody knows about his past, except for people that manage the Asylum's paperwork, to whom he's had to report that he was widowed. Nobody really knows the whole story, because he refuses to talk about it, and will get violent with anybody that brings it up.
          People that do know of it, might speculate about what happened, but if he ever finds out about that, he will probably be suffering a violent outrage.

RELATIONSHIPS

Whoever is willing...

EXTRA

~ He is quite fond of cigars and whisky, though he is very good at handling his alcohol. He does drink a lot and oftenly, but barely ever gets drunk.
    ~ He has an American-english accent, but there are shades of Irish in there, because his mother is Irish.
    ~ His favourite colour is dark purple.

[ bericht aangepast op 14 nov 2016 - 20:57 ]

how dare you speak of grace

† Playtopic

Stas is done except for her relationships c:

Does anyone know why Lachesism is suddenly inactive?