• † † †

† † †

† † †

1866, Weston, West Virginia

The Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum for the mentally ill was founded in 1864. Since then it has had a reputation of beholding the worst of the worst. Between the walls of Trans-Allegheny die many souls who are buried in the gigantic graveyard on the edge of the grounds. It is told to be haunted with bad luck and everyone who is locked up inside, won't ever leave the grounds. Dead or alive. Now in 1866 the asylum has been reopened, after it was closed for several months due to a particularly gruesome murder inside its walls. Eight clients have been transferred from different other asylums to spend the remaining of their insane lives in Trans-Allegheny, but it is not only walls that holds the clients inside. According to the rumors, the doctors who have been appointed to take care of the clients aren't quite sane themselves. Welcome to the horrors of Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum.

R O L E S
    DOCTORS
    Killian Theodore Cliffwood • Ian Somerhalder (narcissist) // Lizor
    Edward Isaac Jones • Iwan Rheon // Shireen
    Norman Richard Galloway • David Gandy (drug addict) // Miall

Katherine Williams • Scarlett Johansson (sadist) // Macabre
    Elaine Ophelia Hershey • Kristina Romanova // Shocker
    Adaline Ruth Baker • Elizabeth Olsen // Viraha

PATIENTS
    Charles Alexander Madkins • fc • Paranoid Personality Disorder // Lachesism
    Henry Nicholas Reign • Daniel Bederov • Major Depressive Disorder // Viraha
    Lukas Heathford • Arthur Daniyarov • PTSD // Marlow
    Jethro Niclas Hayes • ? • Borderline personality disorder // Scythe
    Lilith Stanbury • Violet Ell • Schizophrenia/ED // Macabre
    Anastasia Florence Chau-Se • Daul Kim • Dissociative Identity Disorder // Lizor
    Therese Scottsman • Lorde • Hysteria // Shireen
    Dorothy Margaret Crawford • Cora Keegan • Bipolar // Miall

T O P I C S
    Roletopic
    Chattopic 1, 2
    Playtopic

S T A R T E R
    It is early in the morning and the patients arrive at Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum. The doctors and nurses are ready to examine them completely before they get showed to their small rooms. The patients aren't allowed their own possessions in and have to walk around in pre scripted clothes. They have to wear white pants - men - and a long ankle skirt - women - with an elastic band instead of a fly and a white blouse.

R U L E S
    † There is maximum of two roles.
    † Only Macabre and Lizor make new topics.
    † Posts have to contain at least 250 words.
    † No fights, unless it's in character.
    † OOC in playing topic between hooks or in the spam topic.
    † 16+ is allowed.
    † Without permission you can not control other roles.
    † Don't shut anyone out and try to read the posts from others.
    † In your post you name your name, role, location and the person you role is with.
    † No Harley Quinn's or Tate's.
    † Take the year into consideration when you pick a face claim.
    † And above all; have fun!

[ bericht aangepast op 18 jan 2017 - 17:09 ]

My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.

Elaine Ophelia Hershey

He offered me his jumper, in case it would be chilly outside anyway.
    I gazed up at him and noticed him looking at me with a rather worried expression plastered onto his face, it looked somewhat cute, I guess. I pulled on the jumper he had offered me and figured that it looked like as if I wasn't wearing anything underneath it. It made me feel quite uncomfortable, however, I tried to hide it. The jumper smelled like him and I quite liked the scent of his cologne mixed with... something else. Killian led me outside and I patiently waited for him to lock the door to his office. We quietly walked out of the building, notably trying to avoid any doctors, nurses or guards on our way, as we were actually breaking the rules. However, we all knew that Killian had quite some influence here, especially on our female colleagues.
    A smile appeared on my face the moment we set foot in the garden. The fresh, cool air felt very delightful, as the dull atmosphere in the asylum was... well, dull.
          'How are you feeling?' Killian asked and I noticed him looking at me worriedly again. I smiled weakly and shrugged.
          'I have felt better, obviously,' I said and slowly let go of him so I could sit down on a bench. 'But I think I'm doing great for somebody that almost had been choked to death.' I looked up at him. 'What about you? How did your session go?'

disclaimer: i typed this on my phone during a gap hour so please don't mind the mistakes c;

Doctor • 28 • Major OCD issues & obsessed with perfection • Examination room/office • Killian

I just caught the wave in your eyes

Norman Richard Galloway

Doctor — 35 years old — examine room — Stas

No one is free, even the birds are chained to the sky.

'Sorry, doctor Galloway,' she eventually says and I look at her. She avoids my gaze and then gets up. 'I will go back to my room now, thank you for taking care of me.'
          She stands up straight and I see her shake a bit, but I don't intend to help her. Even though I have to admit she isn't as bad when her other personalities don't overrule the Stas I've seen, she interfered with my private life and she should have known that was a line she shouldn't have crossed. She shouldn't have, really. I'm not a bad person, but when somebody starts digging into my life, I won't be so nice. She once again walks past the picture of Beatrice on my desk and I gently turn it away from her.
          'I look forward to our next session... Norman.'
          A few seconds I look at her. I almost never hear my first name again. The people in the asylums always call me doctor, or doctor Galloway. My family, my wife, those people were the only ones calling me Norman. 'We'll see each other, Miss Chau-Se,' I tell her and I nod one time, signing she can leave the room. I bet she knows her way to her room, since we already walked there one time, before somebody else in Anastasia's mind started to interfere. Hopefully she can make it without hurting or killing anybody, including herself. Then I'll be the one who left her alone and then I'm the one to blame. I prefer not.
          When she finally has left the room, I open the drawer of my desk, only to find the liquor flask gone. What? I'm sure I put it here, and I'm sure Anastasia found it here! I quickly open the rest of the drawers, but the flask is nowhere to be seen and to be honest, I start to panic a bit. I don't know what to do or say. Where could it be? I was here an hour ago, when Anastasia first entered my examination room. My mind is going blank and I let out a groan of frustration and anger. God damnit! Where is it?!

I, Tahani Al-Jamil, shall do my level best to make every event too much.

Jethro Niclas Hayes
    patient • 26 • borderline • outside • Killian and Elaine

“You can't live a positive life, with a negative mind.”

Jeth felt how Henry placed a hand on his shoulder. Nothing in Henry's words implied that the lad had noticed Jeth's mood swing, which was at least something in Jeth's favor.
    "Nja, it went oké.." Jeth said in a somewhat gloomy, although he tried to sound at least normal. No it didn't went oké, it went terrible! Lukas got tazed and you should have prevented it! Jeth tried to fight his own thoughts, but they wouldn't leave him.
    "Now it's your turn." He looked in Henry's direction as they were still alone in the common room. "One fact interesting enough to share with me." He needed the distraction of Henry's voice to counteract his own mind, but Jeth felt he was slipping.
          Henry's voice was not going to be enough, Jeth knew that already. For a moment he closed his eyes, he lost his fight. A wall of negativity came crashing down on himself and banished all of Henry's words out of his head.
    "Sorry, need to see Killian, now," Jeth said with a sense of urgency, even though from the outside he held a pretty stern look on his face. He walked quickly out off the room before he rolled up his sleeves. With sharp nails Jeth scratched his arm, trying to get the same feeling as a razor. His pace turned into a run as he progressed through the hallways. The asylum felt like a maze, as he looked for Killian. Eventually, he stopped by a guard and asked, as politely as possible, the guard shrugged and sent him in the direction of the gardens.
          Jeth dashed through the halls and parts of the outside space, before he saw Killian. A guard came with him, tasergun ready, in order to make sure Jeth didn't escape or attacked anyone. His arms looked red and blood came through the small scratches he had made.
    "Office, now!" Jeth hissed through his teeth as he grabbed Killian's arm. His fingers and nails digging into the skin of his doctor. He didn't look anything like the Jeth who had greeted Killian in their first session. Instead of looking in control, knowing the whole situation, Jeth looked in Killian's eyes, angry, stress even panic where visible in his normally friendly brown eyes. His whole body was tense and he couldn't think straight, the only thing he knew was that he needed Killian to come inside and help him. For a moment Jeth was silent, before adding, in nothing more then a slight wisper: "Please?" His voice was filled with fear.

[ bericht aangepast op 11 jan 2017 - 15:33 ]

Dr. Adaline Baker

28 Doctor Hall

“I- I don’t need no sedative,” Lukas eventually whispered, breaking my heart just a little bit as he started to sob. “I do not want one!” Quietly I follow him and the guards to his room, asking the latter to stay near while I talk to my patient. My patient, who just attacked a fellow doctor. Fuck. I close the door behind me, feeling safe enough to be alone with Lukas, knowing the more than capable guards are waiting just outside. One little scream from me and they’d be here in a matter of seconds.
          ”I do not want sedatives. Please?” I sigh, guiding him towards the bed so he’d be able to take a seat. “And what consequences do you mean?”
          Subtly I frown and consider sitting down next to him for a mere second, but decide that might be pushing his limits again – so I simply fold my hands together as I stand before him, leaving reasonable distance between us. “Lukas, do you realize what just happened?” I ask him softly. “You attacked one of our doctors, in a state of – what I presume was - psychosis. That’s not something I can simply ignore.” With a hint of exhaustion, I let out a sigh. No, I don’t want to do this, but what choice could I possibly have?
          ”Giving you a sedative won’t hurt you, I promise you. It’ll just help you calm down, sweet boy. It’s either that, or isolation – and this way you’ll be able to meet some of your fellow-patients and have dinner with us once it’s taken effect, okay? What do you say?”
          I allow myself to take in his appearance, realizing how fragile he truly is. “Can you please tell me what happened, Lukas? What made you attack her?” I ask with nothing but kindness and worry. “I know you’re not a bad guy, nor have a bad intentions. So can you help me understand, please?”

A girl who wonders.

Killian Theodore Cliffwood
    Mephobia is the fear of becoming so awesome that the human race can't handle it and everyone dies... no, wait, I already am.”

29 • Narcissistic • Outside • Elaine
    'I have felt better, obviously,' she replies and lets go of me so she can sit down on a small bench in the gardens. I sit down next to her and subtly place one hand on her upper leg. 'But I think I'm doing great for somebody that almost had been choked to death.' She says. I laugh softly and nod in agreement. 'What about you? How did your session go?'
          'I think that's true, you're strong,' I tell her. I smile weakly. 'I am fine, just worried about you.' I look her into her eyes for a moment and tilt my head. 'My session went okay,' I continue. 'The boys I had were interesting, but not extremely difficult. I will have them figured out soon.' I have barely spoken these last two words when I hear a noice behind me. I spin around and see Jethro dashing my way, looking rather upset.
          'Good day, mister Hayes. How are you-.' 'Office, now!' Jethro hisses. I am surprised by his sternness and even too flabbergasted by his sudden action that it takes me several seconds to respond. He looks into my eyes and directly into my eyes. The anger ebbs away and seems to be replaced by fear. 'Please?' he whispers. At that moment I act. I grab his arms and push him face forward against the wall, not too rough, but also not gently.
          'Don't grab me like that, am I clear?' I say, my voice sounding harsh. I sigh deep and release him slightly. 'I am on a break,' I mutter, but I know I am not supposed to have breaks. This is not a job for breaks. 'What is wrong?' I ask. I let him go, but stay on guard for any further attacks. 'Elaine is also a doctor, so you can just tell us. We can help you.'

The call me Charming, no, no, not prince... Doctor,
    Doctor Charming.

Anastasia "Stas" Florence Chau-Se
    My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.”

24 • Dissociative identity disorder • Examine Room • Doctor Galloway

'We'll see each other, Miss Chau-Se,' he says. I nod and walk out of the room. I had hoped he would call me back and tell me our session wasn't finished, I am now rather disapointed he hasn't. I sigh and start walking back to my small room. I don't look at any of the guards or notice anyone walking around me. I am completely stuck in my own little world. I open the door of my room and directly climb into my bed as soon as I reach it. I sit down with my legs crossed and pull the blankets over my head so I am in a save little tent. I get out the small flask of liquor and screw the bottle open. The strong smell escapes directly and I can feel my body scream for the fluids to enter my body. I used to get drunk a lot, because that way I could avoid the pain. It does, however, makes sure I lose every amount of control over my body. Most of the times I get angry every more quickly than I normally do, but I sometimes also get terribly sad and depressed. I don't really care, at least it will numb the pain for a while and in my opinion that is worth it. I take a big sip and feel the liquor burn in my throat. I put it away again after that, because I don't want to just use it all on the first day. I lift up my matras and make sure it's safely under that. I then sit down on my white bed again and look around the sterile and unpleasant room. I sigh deep and lay down on the bed. Immediately I feel the sleepyness wash over me like a storming sea. As soon as my head touches the pillow, I am off to my own land of dreams.

诶艾诶娜哦诶娜艾诶

Elaine Ophelia Hershey
    “If I wanted to kill myself, I would climb your ego and jump to your IQ.”

Killian and I were having a nice chat when we got rudely interrupted by one of the patients. I vaguely recognised him as one of the patients from a while ago, wasn't his name Jethro? He took me, or maybe I should say us, by surprise when he showed up, pretty much out of the blue. I didn't like the way how he was treating Killian, even though it was clear he wasn't thinking straight – or thinking at all. Killian didn't seem all too happy with Jethro's behaviour either, as he pushed him against the wall – not with that much force, but it did make a certain statement in my opinion.
    I gawked at them and noticed the scratches on Killian's arm, oh my Goodness, had Jethro hurt him? I peeked at the guard who was standing not too far away, eyeing the situation warily, as if he was afraid Jethro would do something he would later regret – like making an attempt at escaping.
          ‘Don't grab me like that, am I clear?’ I eavesdropped Killian's and Jethro's conversation, even though I felt like all of this was none of my business. ‘I am on a break.’ My cheeks turned bright red instantly, as I was well aware that we weren't allowed to take a break whenever we pleased, we just simply couldn't do that with the kind of job we had. Killian asked what was wrong and said we both were willing to help him. I cleared my throat and nodded in agreement.
          ‘Yes, indeed.’ I smiled gently at Jethro and slowly got up. ‘I'm doctor Hershey, you're Jethro right? What is wrong?’

Doctor • 28 • Major OCD issues & obsessed with perfection • Examination room/office • Killian

[ bericht aangepast op 17 jan 2017 - 20:40 ]

LUKAS “LUKA” HEATHFORD

Patient • 22 • PTSD • his room • Adaline

Once they arrived in his room, Lukas was guided to his bed by Adaline. As soon Lukas sat down on his bed, Adaline simply folded her hands together as she stood before him, leaving reasonable distance between them.
          “Lukas, do you realise what just happened?” She asked him softly. “You attacked one of our doctors, in a state of – what I presume was - psychosis. That’s not something I can simply ignore.” The woman sighed, Lukas just simply shrugged, not quite knowing what to answer her.
          ”Giving you a sedative won’t hurt you, I promise you. It’ll just help you calm down, sweet boy. It’s either that, or isolation – and this way you’ll be able to meet some of your fellow-patients and have dinner with us once it’s taken effect, okay? What do you say?” Lukas bit his lip. It did not sound too good, yet the thought of being isolated from everyone and everything gave him more chills than being sedated.
          ”I do not want to eat with you,” Lukas muttered. “I do not want to be isolated either. I just want.. Nothing. Nothing at all,” he said - surprised by how easily he said these words.
          “Can you please tell me what happened, Lukas? What made you attack her?” She then asked with nothing but kindness and worry. “I know you’re not a bad guy, nor have a bad intentions. So can you help me understand, please?” He closed his eyes for a moment, it was visible on his face that he got slightly frustrated.
          ”Nothing happened - I mean, nothing I remember. She was just.. A monster. A cold-blooded killer, that wanted me dead. She deserved it,” Lukas said while staring at the ground, without blinking his eyes. He refused to look at miss Baker any longer.
          ”Now please leave my room,” he finished, not planning on saying anything else anymore.

[ bericht aangepast op 16 jan 2017 - 23:21 ]

That is a perfect copy of reality.

NORMAN RICHARD GALLOWAY
    "No one is free, even the birds are chained to the sky."

35 • DOCTOR • ALCOHOL ADDICTION • HALLWAY • ALONE

It makes me sick. Somebody took my liquor bottle and exactly that is the only thing that can save me right now. It keeps me from thinking about Beatrice, it keeps me from slipping into a spiral made of frustration, sadness, anger and depression. I don't want to feel sad when I think about her, but even after all those years, I can't seem to be able to think of the good things we went through. I can only think about her last days here on earth, the way she was lying on the bed in the hospital. She couldn't do anything anymore. She wasn't eating or drinking, she wasn't speaking and she was asleep most of the time. I saw her die. I held her hand in mine, her hand seemed so small and fragile. Eventually, after an agonizing battle, her head tilted over, her hand relaxed and her eyes never opened again. She passed away in her sleep and she had a smile on her face. The nurses told me she was happy and that she felt good when she died, that she knew I was here and that she knew she was loved, but I couldn't help but feel sick when I thought about her. She was my soulmate. From the moment I met her, I knew she was the one. I knew we one day would tell each other we loved each other and that she was going to be my wife. What on earth did I do wrong that they took Beatrice away from me so soon already? We had only been married for a couple of years, we thought about starting a family together... I feel terrible now I think about it again.
          Where is my alcohol?! I need it to ban the bad thoughts. I don't want to think about it. It also seems like Beatrice's picture — one of the few pictures ever taken of her, in this one she was 24 and we just got married — is staring at me, like it challenges me to do something. I groan and turn the picture away from me, so the empty, dark back is faced my way. I push myself up and I walk towards the door, into the hallway. I'm alone, nobody is here. I wonder where the other doctors are and where the patients are. I don't necessarily need to see somebody, I just need my booze to numb my feelings. I can't help others if my own feeling get the better of me, then I can't possibly concentrate. I feel emotionally drained and I don't know what to do now. Maybe I should go the common room, maybe somebody has seen my booze. Deep down inside I know it must have been Anastasia, because she is the only one who knows. She wasn't supposed to, but she just saw it in the drawer of my desk. She has my bottle. Will she be in the common room? I bloody hope so, because I feel like I'm going crazy.
          Once I reach the common room, I see some people sitting there. They're dressed like patients, so I assume they are already done with their examination by one of my colleagues. But I don't see Anastasia anywhere. Suddenly, a fit of anger overpowers me and I punch the nearest wall and I look at the people.
          'Where is Anastasia?' I ask them firmly, like they would know where she would be. Like they would know her at all, because I don't suppose the patients got time to talk to one another. Most of the patients, like Anastasia, are hopping from one asylum to another, in order to find the best treatment possible. 'Tell me, where is she?!' I now almost scream to the patients in the common room. The frustration is building up and I feel the rage racing through my veins.

I, Tahani Al-Jamil, shall do my level best to make every event too much.

Jethro Niclas Hayes

“How do you run from what's inside of your mind?”

The daunting black cloud brightened a bit from Killian's harsh actions. A sigh of relief escaped, finally. Jeth could think more clearly now and he nodded. It had never been his intention to grab Killian, but somehow his mind never did what he intended in these situations.
    "Sorry to disturb your break, that wasn't my intention," Jeth said, still facing the wall, remnants of his former mood audible in his voice. For a moment he just stood there, facing the wall and pushing the dark cloud further back in his head. Then he turned around and unrolled his sleeves until they covered his arms again.

"I guess it just got a bit to much, with Lukas and all," he said to answer the question. He didn't show anything of his former mood, as if it had never happened. "I'm never that good with new places and situation." With a straight face Jeth looked from Killian to the woman, Elaine, and back, both didnt look that much older, maybe four or five years, six at the most. There was so much he could have done with his life. He needed to get away from them before they would ask to many questions. Jeth yawned a little and looked around the garden.
    "I think I'll get some sleep before the food arrives. These sort of days, really take a lot from you," he lied flawlessly, "but thanks for helping anyways, your a good doctor." There was even a little smile forming indicating nothing was wrong. As long as his mind worked properly, there was not much wrong with Jeth. But that was just the problem, the moment his mind clicked, all hell could break loose. With his hands in his pockets, Jeth walked back to the guard and asked if the guard would take him to his room.*

*If Killian or Elaine stops Jeth from walking away, Jeth still stands with those two and you can neglect the last sentence.

[ bericht aangepast op 18 jan 2017 - 0:59 ]

Mephobia is the fear of becoming so awesome that the human race can't handle it and everyone dies... no, wait, I already am.”

29 • Narcissistic • Outside • Elaine & Jethro
    ‘Yes, indeed.’ I hear from behind me. Elaine gets up and walks over to us. ‘I'm doctor Hershey, you're Jethro right? What is wrong?’ Her voice is calm, much calmer than mine and much more gentle. I can't help getting a bit calmer myself by hearing the female voice. For a moment I had snapped, but that moment has now passed.
          'Sorry to disturb your break, that wasn't my intention,' he said and he pulled down his sleeves. I slowly let go of him and nod as an acceptance of apology. 'I guess it just got a bit to much, with Lukas and all. I'm never that good with new places and situation.'
          'That's okay Jethro. You can always come to us, that is what we are here for,' I tell him. 'You can't, however, attack me like that, because I won't be nice and gentle if you do that. Understood?' I look at him with a stern face.
          'I think I'll get some sleep before the food arrives. These sort of days, really take a lot from you,' he says and I nod, understanding, 'but thanks for helping anyways, you're a good doctor.'
          'Thank you Jethro, just take care and let us know when we can do something for you.' I watch him go and catch my breath. Today has already been slightly exhausting. I shake it off and trace my fingers through my dark hair before turning around to Elaine. 'Well, that was something,' I tell her. 'The first days are always the hardest.' For a moment, a trace of tiredness is to be seen on my face. Not just tiredness from lack off energy, but mental tiredness. I shake it off however and place my hand on Elaine's shoulder. 'What were we talking about again, love?'

Doctor Charming.

Elaine Ophelia Hershey
    “If I wanted to kill myself, I would climb your ego and jump to your IQ.”

Talking about mood swings, hallelujah.
    Jethro acted as though nothing had happened. His attitude had made a one-eighty from one moment to the next and I looked at him quite flabbergasted. I felt like I should be happy, relieved even, that he had managed to pull himself together mostly all by himself, but it actually concerned me. I didn't trust him. He turned his back to us and casually strolled in the direction of the guard. I eyed him warily as if I expected him to turn around again and attack us like he had done a couple of minutes ago.
    Killian didn't seem to be as half as concerned as I was, I didn't know if that was supposed to comfort me.
          ‘Well, that was something.’ I nodded. ‘The first days are always the hardest.’ I nodded again. He touched my shoulder. ‘What were we talking about again, love?’ I shrugged and shook my head.
          ‘I don't remember...’ I confessed and moved my gaze towards Jethro again. ‘Are y– I mean, with all due respect Killian, but do you think it's a good idea to let him walk away like that? That man seems to be very unpredictable,’ I said under my breath. I got up. ‘Maybe we should go inside again, you seem a little tired.’ I looked up at Killian and smiled gently. ‘Get some rest, I think you deserve it after everything you've done for me.’ I spun around. ‘Jethro, are you going to be okay?’

Doctor • 28 • Major OCD issues & obsessed with perfection • Gardens • Killian & Jethro

[ bericht aangepast op 18 jan 2017 - 22:18 ]

Jethro Niclas Hayes

“How do you run from what's inside of your mind?”

Attacked? Jeth's mind was confused for a moment. He had just grabbed Killian, maybe a little harder than normal, but nothing crazy. If he had wanted to attack Killian, he would have grabbed his throat with both hands. On the other hand, the harsh way of handling is kind of helpful, more than sweet words at least. Oh well, that where things for later. For now, he just needed to get away before Killian or Elaine got to suspicious. Luckily, Killian was easy to fool by saying some nice words. Jeth had noticed that the man was way too full of himself to notice Jeth's behaviour. Jeth walked somewhat slowly to the door, the guard beside him held his hand on Jeth's shoulder.

When Elaine asked again if he was going to be okay, Jeth turned around.
    "Yeah, it's alright," he said, with the same smile on his face. "But you can walk me to my room, if that makes you feel better." Jeth wasn't the worst patient when it came to obeying doctors and being nice to them. It was no use being nasty or annoying if you wanted them to help you. Jeth found that out the hard way. He watched the doctors for a moment longer before the guard made him walk again. He felt how his mind wanted to go back to his dark place, but he needed to stay happy, at least until he was alone in his room. Not that the happiness was genuine, it was just a mask he placed on his face to stop people from asking to many questions. It was better this way.

[ bericht aangepast op 25 jan 2017 - 15:31 ]

29 • Narcissistic • Outside • Elaine & Jethro
    'I don't remember...’ she says and I laugh softly. I want to make a comment, but her interest seems to be taken by Jethro. ‘Are y– I mean, with all due respect Killian, but do you think it's a good idea to let him walk away like that? That man seems to be very unpredictable,’ she says softly and gets up. I shrug and get up as well. ‘Maybe we should go inside again, you seem a little tired.’ I actually see concern in her eyes and shake my head. ‘Get some rest, I think you deserve it after everything you've done for me.'
          'Don't worry love,' I tell her. 'I can handle myself and I am fine. I can sleep tonight.' I am not sure if I am able to sleep, since I am not the best sleeper, but we'll see tonight. Besides, that is none of her concern.
          ‘Jethro, are you going to be okay?’ she asks the patient, focussing her attention on him once again. It seems like our conversation is done. Too bad. I actually like hanging out with Elaine. She is also very pretty and I wouldn't mind having her distract me from work every now and then.
          'Yeah, it's alright,' Jethro says, 'but you can walk me to my room, if that makes you feel better.' I look at Elaine and nod at her. I put my hands in the pockets of my pants.
          'Just go with him,' I say. 'I will see you later, yeah? I should go check on the other patients.' I let my hand rest on her lower back for a bit and give her a charming smile. 'Don't do anything you'll regret,' I tell Jethro warningly before I walk back inside, making sure the guard is watching the pair of them. I walk into the common area, when I hear some shouting. Another patient? No. It's Norman.
          'Tell me, where is she?!' are his next words. I frown and walk over to him, grabbing his arm.
          'What do you think you're doing?'

Doctor Charming.

Elaine Ophelia Hershey
    “Deep inside – where nothing's fine – I've lost my mind.”

Yeah, it's alright,' Jethro said, 'but you can walk me to my room if that makes you feel better.' I didn't know if he was being cynical or not. Killian looked at me and nodded as if he was in the position of deciding for me whether I was allowed to go with Jethro or not.
          'Just go with him,' he said. ‘I will see you later, yeah? I should go check on the other patients.’ He flashed his white teeth at me once again in a most charming way and I felt his hand linger on my lower back. ‘Don't do anything you'll regret.’ I looked a little bewildered at Killian as I didn't understand why he was warning me until I realised he wasn't talking to me but to Jethro.

Killian left us by ourselves and I looked at Jethro curiously. I felt like I was ought to know at least a few things about every patient in this asylum, but I didn't know anything about this man.
          ‘Thank you,’ I said, pretty much out of the blue as we strolled back inside, ‘for helping– no– saving me, earlier today. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be standing here probably, and I'm grateful for your help.’ I said politely and peeked at him. ‘But now I would like to know who you are? I hope you won't mind telling me a few things about yourself?’

Doctor • 28 • Major OCD issues & obsessed with perfection • Gardens > Jethro's room • Jethro