• † † †

† † †

† † †

1866, Weston, West Virginia

The Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum for the mentally ill was founded in 1864. Since then it has had a reputation of beholding the worst of the worst. Between the walls of Trans-Allegheny die many souls who are buried in the gigantic graveyard on the edge of the grounds. It is told to be haunted with bad luck and everyone who is locked up inside, won't ever leave the grounds. Dead or alive. Now in 1866 the asylum has been reopened, after it was closed for several months due to a particularly gruesome murder inside its walls. Eight clients have been transferred from different other asylums to spend the remaining of their insane lives in Trans-Allegheny, but it is not only walls that holds the clients inside. According to the rumors, the doctors who have been appointed to take care of the clients aren't quite sane themselves. Welcome to the horrors of Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum.

R O L E S
    DOCTORS
    Killian Theodore Cliffwood • Ian Somerhalder (narcissist) // Lizor
    Edward Isaac Jones • Iwan Rheon // Shireen
    Norman Richard Galloway • David Gandy (drug addict) // Miall

Katherine Williams • Scarlett Johansson (sadist) // Macabre
    Elaine Ophelia Hershey • Kristina Romanova // Shocker
    Adaline Ruth Baker • Elizabeth Olsen // Viraha

PATIENTS
    Charles Alexander Madkins • fc • Paranoid Personality Disorder // Lachesism
    Henry Nicholas Reign • Daniel Bederov • Major Depressive Disorder // Viraha
    Lukas Heathford • Arthur Daniyarov • PTSD // Marlow
    Jethro Niclas Hayes • ? • Borderline personality disorder // Scythe
    Lilith Stanbury • Violet Ell • Schizophrenia/ED // Macabre
    Anastasia Florence Chau-Se • Daul Kim • Dissociative Identity Disorder // Lizor
    Therese Scottsman • Lorde • Hysteria // Shireen
    Dorothy Margaret Crawford • Cora Keegan • Bipolar // Miall

T O P I C S
    Roletopic
    Chattopic 1, 2
    Playtopic

S T A R T E R
    It is early in the morning and the patients arrive at Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum. The doctors and nurses are ready to examine them completely before they get showed to their small rooms. The patients aren't allowed their own possessions in and have to walk around in pre scripted clothes. They have to wear white pants - men - and a long ankle skirt - women - with an elastic band instead of a fly and a white blouse.

R U L E S
    † There is maximum of two roles.
    † Only Macabre and Lizor make new topics.
    † Posts have to contain at least 250 words.
    † No fights, unless it's in character.
    † OOC in playing topic between hooks or in the spam topic.
    † 16+ is allowed.
    † Without permission you can not control other roles.
    † Don't shut anyone out and try to read the posts from others.
    † In your post you name your name, role, location and the person you role is with.
    † No Harley Quinn's or Tate's.
    † Take the year into consideration when you pick a face claim.
    † And above all; have fun!

[ bericht aangepast op 18 jan 2017 - 17:09 ]

My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.

Elaine Ophelia Hershey

Finally. Finally, she is saying things that actually interest me, things I know how to deal with. This is what I went to medical school for. I make messy, barely readable notes while the woman is telling her story, I wonder if I'll understand what I've written down, later. Probably not.
          ‘The first time he raped me wasn't the worst. I didn't realise that it was rape until afterwards, I got to think about what he had done to me. After that, I started trying to fight him whenever he felt it was time to perform my duties. I was never strong enough, of course, I wasn't. And no matter how loud I would scream, nobody would help me, not even my beloved ladies maid. And Oscar would no longer talk to me, or even interact with me unless he needed me to mount himself on... Don't you think that would drive anyone to the point of hysteria? Hm?’ An absent ‘mm-hmm’ leaves my mouth as a sign of acknowledgement, while my mind is some other place. I try to imagine what it would have been like for her, to be surrounded by people, but to be alone at the same time. To know those people are aware of what's going on, but that you've got no one to rely on in the end. Sounds pretty awful to me, perhaps it would have driven me crazy as well, I don't know.
          ‘With all due respect, Mrs Scottsman, but this is exactly the reason why I would like to stay single. Marriage simply means drama.’ I force a smile on my face. Hopefully, she can appreciate my attempt at making a joke, I'm not really good at making jokes actually. I clear my throat. ‘Anyway, now y–I mean I am wondering why you waited,’ I look at my notes, ‘more than two years before you finally decided to ask for help?’ I frown a little. ‘You said this Oscar raped and beat you, multiple times, why didn't you inform the police? He could–no, can be easily sentenced to spending the rest of his life in prison.’ I state.

Doctor • 28 • Major OCD issues & obsessed with perfection • Examination room/office • Therese

[ bericht aangepast op 17 dec 2016 - 0:28 ]

I just caught the wave in your eyes

THERESE • SCOTTSMAN

Patient • 25 • Hysteria and paranoia • Examination room

'With all due respect, Mrs Scottsman, but this is exactly the reason why I would like to stay single. Marriage simply means drama.' I scoff.
          'We come from two completely different world, Miss Hershey. I'm a lady, born into a noble family. For all I care you could've grown up on the streets and still end up here. I can't get a job like you, and I'm not validated until I'm married.'
          'Anyway, now y–I mean I am wondering why you waited...' She seemed to hesitate a little as she spoke. '... more than two years before you finally decided to ask for help?' She actually frowned, and so did I. 'You said this Oscar raped and beat you, multiple times, why didn't you inform the police? He could–no, can be easily sentenced to spending the rest of his life in prison.'
          I actually laughed. I laughed straight into her face. 'We do come from different words, don't we?' I leaned forward a bit, to tell her this loud and clear.
          'Listen, miss, I won't condemn you for not knowing this, since you studied psychology, and not law, but I cannot begin to tell you how wrong you are. And I wish you were right. I really do. But since we're married, he's in his complete right to rape me if I refuse to join him in the marriage bed. If I went to the police with that, they would've laughed in my face.' I spat out. Then I sighed, to calm myself down again.
          'I didn't reach out for help. He did. Because he could no longer handle me in my state of hysteria. I would no longer eat. I would no longer sleep. I would sit on the balcony every night, looking at the moon, before he came out of his bed to get me back inside so I wouldn't freeze to death. I would cause trouble everywhere we went. And he could no longer handle it. So he called for the police one time I hit him back, which he had just been waiting for so he could do it. And they put me away... That's how it went.'

how dare you speak of grace

Elaine Ophelia Hershey

I didn't move an inch as she leant closer to me. Instead, I looked straight into her eyes and listened to the words she spat out.
          ‘Listen, miss, I won't condemn you for not knowing this since you studied psychology and not law, but I cannot begin to tell you how wrong you are. And I wish you were right. I really do. But since we're married, he's in his complete right to rape me if I refuse to join him in the marriage bed. If I went to the police with that, they would've laughed in my face.’ I look at her, not even fairly convinced, but decide to not interrupt her, to just let her rage on. ‘I didn't reach out for help. He did. Because he could no longer handle me in my state of hysteria. I would no longer eat. I would no longer sleep. I would sit on the balcony every night, looking at the moon, before he came out of his bed to get me back inside so I wouldn't freeze to death. I would cause trouble everywhere we went. And he could no longer handle it. So he called the police one time I hit him back, which he had just been waiting for so he could do it. And they put me away... That's how it went.’ I stay silent for a while as to give her a chance to simmer down. The ticking of the wooden clock in the background is all you could hear.
          ‘Technically spoken,’ I tap with my fingers on the cover of my notebook, ‘it is against the law to sexually abuse somebody, whether it is a stranger or your spouse. People only seem to forget about that, since it is widely tolerated.’ I take a look at the clock again and get up. ‘Our time is almost up, but I've only got one thing to offer you.’ I move my gaze back to Therese. ‘I have told you before that you will be stuck in here forever. You are allowed to get visitors, so it might occur that Oscar will appear at the front door and I do not think that is wat you would like to happen... am I right?’ I walk to the door of my office. ‘I could give him some sort of a restraining order if you would like me to. It would forbid him to visit or to contact you in any possible way.’ I open the door. ‘Take some time to consider my offer, have a nice day, Mrs Scottsman.’

Doctor • 28 • Major OCD issues & obsessed with perfection • Examination room/office • Therese

I just caught the wave in your eyes

THERESE • SCOTTSMAN

She was like a moonlight sonata. A macabre vibe sitting in the moonlight on the balcony. Insomnia ruled her.
    And she would silently scream, but nobody would listen...

'Technically spoken, it is against the law to sexually abuse somebody, whether it is a stranger or your spouse. People only seem to forget about that, since it is widely tolerated.' I scoff again.
          'Oh, it isn't encouraged, at least not in my community. Rape is a crime when the woman is not the man's wife, but in this occasion "the wife hath given up herself in this kind to her husband, which she cannot retract",' I cited from a law book that I once picked up during a time of boredom. 'You don't know how much I wish that weren't the law, but it is, and I'm not about to suffrage my way into changing it.' I sighed.
          'Our time is almost up, but I've only got one thing to offer you.' She moved her glance to me, and I looked back to her. 'I have told you before that you will be stuck in here forever. You are allowed to get visitors, so it might occur that Oscar will appear at the front door and I do not think that is what you would like to happen... am I right?'
          'Oh, not to worry about either. He will visit me only to arrange that I be set free. I don't mean to offend you, or to praise my husband, but I can assure you that a high lord like him is very well capable of making sure his wife is safe at home. Well, safe, I wouldn't call it, but any place is better than here. He's got lawyers, they are good, they won't fail to set me free once he feels like it is time that he was provided with an heir at last. Because he knows better than I that any of those bastards he'll have fathered in my time of being away are nothing compared to the children I will bear one day.' I leaned in a bit closer again. 'Honestly miss, it is highly unlikely that I'll be here for longer than another half year.'
          'I could give him some sort of a restraining order if you would like me to. It would forbid him to visit or to contact you in any possible way.'
          'I wish you and the Asylum's lawyers good luck if ever I would think of performing such an act against my husband.' She opened the door. Finally, we were done. I got up and followed.
          'Take some time to consider my offer, have a nice day, Mrs Scottsman.' I stood a little closer to her as I stopped in the door opening.
          'No time needed. I won't do it. You might not like that decision, and I wouldn't either if I were in your place, but if I hold any regards to my own future, I will not set myself up against my husband. I might not ever want to see that man again, but he is the only one capable of getting me out of here, and he is the only man able of securing my well-being in the real world. Good day to you too.' I walked out of the room.

[ bericht aangepast op 17 dec 2016 - 20:24 ]

Anastasia "Stas" Florence Chau-Se
    My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.”

24 • Dissociative identity disorder • Her Room • Doctor Galloway

'You can try,' he says. I slowly start to calm down or no, not calm down, I'm still going crazy, but I am myself again. I bite my lip so hard it starts to bleed since my lips are dry and cracked. 'I love no one and no one loves me. So I wish you the best of luck, love.' He lets go of me and I gasp for breath. My cheeks are salty from the tears and my pale face is covered with bits of blood from my nails and my teeth.
          'Calm down...' he says and his voice completely brings me back. I start crying and let myself fall in his arms. My feet barely hold my fragile body up and I am shaking all over. I am scared to go back in there. It will destroy me even more than it has done for so far. I seem to lose control over myself more and more and I don't feel like anything is helping me. I clamp on to him and sob against his chest.
          'S-Sorry,' I choke. At that moment my legs give away and I collapse in front of him on the ground. My hair is all over the place and I feel like I'm still being choked. I grasp my throat and keep gasping for breath, but my airway seems to be closed. My face has drained completely from all colour and I look up at him with my big, scared, doe eyes. The tears are streaming freely and mix together with the small stream of blood that is pouring from my lips over my chin. 'I'm sorry. I d-don't want to hurt you.'

诶艾诶娜哦诶娜艾诶

Norman Richard Galloway

Doctor — 35 years old — examine room — Stas

No one is free, even the birds are chained to the sky.

Her small, fragile body is shaking and she is almost hanging on my shoulders in order not to fall down to the ground. I hold the little girl as firmly as I can and I try to control my breathing. If I start to hyperventilate, who knows what will happen. Her tears fall onto my shirt and I look down at her. In the short period of time I've been in contact with her, I've already seen three sides of her. Who knows how many more there are and who knows when they will come out again. Okay, Stas herself was pretty annoying, with her hopping all over the place and babbling, but I have to admit I didn't quite like Persephone or the person I was standing in front of only a few minutes ago. I can't imagine how hard it must be to live with this all the time. With me she's in the right place, I will treat her right and I will try to help her. I'm not so sure of that with my colleagues, if I have to be honest.
          'S-sorry,' I hear the girl say. Her sobbing gets even worse and before I know it, she has collapsed right in front of me. She breathes shallowly and her face is as white as the sterile sheets in her room. 'I'm sorry. I d-don't want to hurt you.'
          Well, that's good to know, I think to myself. I see the drops of blood pouring down her lips and chin and I look at the girl. I can't imagine only fifteen minutes ago she was trying to injure me as much as she could by slashing her nails at me. Now she's a small, scared and crying little mouse, afraid of every movement and sound around her.
          To be honest, I don't really know what to answer. I have to take care of her, but I mustn't get emotionally involved. I haven't been emotionally involved in anything since Beatrice's burial, but that's a different story. I just have to make sure Stas is safe and well, before I can leave her alone in her room. Now I'm not really sure if she can ever be safe there, not now I've seen how quickly she shifts from one personality into the other without even a small warning.
          'I will get you cleaned up,' I then tell her, helping her up and looking around me to get to the nearest examination room. I have to get some water and tissues to make sure she stops bleeding. I still see the fresh wounds and dried blood on her upper arms, where she also pressed her nails into. We walk towards the room — well, I walk while almost carrying Stas with me, because her legs are still shaky and unstable — and I put her down on one of the chairs in front of me.

I, Tahani Al-Jamil, shall do my level best to make every event too much.

HENRY NICHOLAS REIGN

24 • Depressed/Suicidal • Patient

“Yes, you can get some rest and we will see you all for dinner,” Killian replies, all the while opening two of the rooms. “This is you, Jethro, and the room ahead is for you, Henry. Do not try to do anything stupid, because you will be watched twenty-four seven. You will be collected for dinner, until then you will remain in your rooms, which I will lock.” Oh, prison it is, then. It shouldn’t really matter, as I have no intention of leaving my bed, however I never really enjoyed being confined in small spaces – let alone during the day. Killian continues his speech, though my mind continues to wander off, finding it hard to focus, even complying when I’m pushed inside the room.
          ”Killian, perhaps we can look around a bit first? Meet the others?” I ask in a daze, though I wonder if he’ll turn around, as I allow myself to fall onto the bed. Feels like heaven, even it isn’t the most comfortable kind. This place really isn’t messing around though, I realize.
          ”No particular thoughts really, it’s just another asylum,” I hear my new neighbor’s voice echoing from the other side of the hallway. “We’ll probably hear screaming soon enough. If your own thoughts aren’t driving you crazy, it are the thoughts of the fellow patients who express them more loudly than you do.” Hm, perhaps he’s right, though in the past I have found the others’ voices more of a welcome distraction, than an actual disturbance.
          He continues his conversation, telling me not to hope on getting better and how the world will eventually forget about us.
          ”I have no intention of leaving this place alive,” I mutter tiredly, eventually forcing myself out of the bed. “What to do in the spare time though? Would’ve been nice if they had given us a book or somethin’…’ I lean against the door. “Please indulge me and tell me something about you, Jethro. One fact about yourself you deem interesting enough to share.”

A girl who wonders.

24 • Dissociative identity disorder • Her Room • Doctor Galloway

'I will get you cleaned up,' he tells me and I feel his arms around me and he carries me up. He takes me back to an empty examine room and puts me down on a chair. I barely notice this happening, because my body is so exhausted, but my mind even more so. I lay my head on the handrail and curl up on the chair. My eyes fall shut and my breathing slowly steadies. I sigh deep and give myself some rest for a moment. It's not until about ten minutes later that I feel enough strength again to open my eyes and look at him again. He is standing in front of me looking tall and strong. He is wearing a softer expression than he was before, but he still looks slightly stiff and neatly.
          'You can put me back in the room' I whisper softly. 'I'm okay.' I close my eyes again and feel exhaustion rush over me again. Suddenly I feel quite sick. I jump up and struggle to run towards the sink in the corner where I throw up. This isn't something new. The stress often makes me sick. There isn't a lot body to me, because I've lost most weight during my stays in Asylums. I tend to throw up when things get stressful like today. Not a very good habit, but my body does more things that I can't help. I can't control them and it freaks me out, but it's something I have to live with.
          'I'm okay,' I whisper as I pull myself up from the floor where I collapsed after puking. Looking ash-white, I stumble back to the chair in which I collapse. I lay my head on the table again and feel myself slip away into oblivion from exhaustion.

诶艾诶娜哦诶娜艾诶

Norman Richard Galloway

Doctor — 35 years old — examine room — Stas

No one is free, even the birds are chained to the sky.

I place her down on the chair, but I keep a close eye on her. I don't want Persephone or any of her other personalities to reoccur again, not on my watch. I take a tissue and the alcohol to disinfect her small wounds. Of course they're not life threatening, but I don't want her to get ill because of my neglect. Who knows what will happen if I don't take care of them. When I turn around, her eyes are closed and I decide to let her be for a while, not knowing if she has fallen asleep or if she just closed her eyes to get some rest. I sit down on the edge of the desk and monitor her, looking for any signs that she might be in pain, mental of physical. Maybe I can discover some kind of cue about when her personality may switch again.
          'You can put me back in the room.' About ten minutes later, her eyes open up again. Her voice sounds even more fragile and unsteady than before. This girl is seriously troubled and I can't help but feel sorry for her. So much for not getting emotionally involved. I have to keep my distance. 'I'm okay.' But just when she finished her sentence, she jumps up and runs towards the sink. The sound of her throwing up doesn't even bother me anymore. I've seen so many people throw up that I've become immune to the sound and even to the smell. I can see her bones sticking out, it's like she doesn't have any fat on her body. Doesn't surprise me that she can't even bare her own weight, even though it's close to nothing.
          'I'm okay,' she whispers again. She pulls herself back to the chair and collapses. I take the tissue and the alcohol. I still need to disinfect the small wounds. In het fragile state, she's prone to infections.
          'This can sting a little,' I tell her with a soft voice. I kneel in front of the girl and dab the wounds with the tissues wet from the alcohol. Her body is very pale and I swear I can see the veins running under her skin. 'I will get you something to eat and drink,' I add when I'm done with disinfecting the wounds. I throw away the tissue and turn back around to the girl. She looks so small that I can hardly imagine she tried to wound and maybe even kill me only thirty minutes ago. This girl is troubled and she can't help it, I think. Nobody would ever wish this to someone, not even to the people they hate the most.

I, Tahani Al-Jamil, shall do my level best to make every event too much.

Dr. Adaline Baker

28 Doctor Hall

Tiredly I hide my face in my hands and go over my session with Lukas. Quite the handsome gentleman, but very troubled. Damaged beyond repair, perhaps? The only option I can think of is loads of therapy, combined with electroshock therapy, how taunting it may be. I’ll probably try to discuss with some of the others, but part of me simply wants to prove that I can handle these kind of cases all by myself.
          Suddenly overcome with nausea I get up from my seat and hastily walk towards the staff bathroom further down the hall, hurriedly trying to open it with my key. I only just reach the sink when I feel a sour taste coming up in the back of my mouth and soon the rest of the breakfast I had a few hours ago follows. Fuck. Another reminder to the fact that everything appears to be different now that I’m pregnant.
          I wash away the vomit the best that I can – leaving only a terrible smell - and splash some water on my pale face. I feel horrible, but I can’t show them this weakness. Some patients would easily use it to their advantage.
          Eventually I step out again, locking the door behind me – and stumble upon a young woman with beautiful, long brown curls, whom I immediately recognize as Therese Scottsman. I instantly put up a smile. “Hello, miss Scottsman. I don’t think we’ve met,” I say kindly, wondering how her session went, knowing that she’s one of Elaine’s patients. “I’m Dr. Adaline Baker. I do hope you’re first session went well?” Somehow I don’t like her wandering the halls all by herself, as everything’s a bit chaotic with the initial meetings. “Perhaps it’s an idea to make your way to the common area?”
          I glance around the hall, happy to see Killian – one of my colleagues – a little further, right as he leaves his office. “Dr. Cliffwood? Might I ask you to accompany myself and miss Scottsman to the common area?” I ask, giving him a meaningful glance. Truth be told, I’m simply afraid that Therese would go in an episode of hysteria of paranoia, and I currently feel more than too weak to deal with it, as I’m overcome with lightheadedness. Wouldn’t hurt to have a strong gentleman with us.

[ bericht aangepast op 25 dec 2016 - 0:34 ]

A girl who wonders.

THERESE • SCOTTSMAN

As I stood in the hallway, I was almost immediately approached by another woman. Another doctor. She looked a bit distressed, but addressed me kindly.
          'Hello, Miss Scottsman. I don’t think we’ve met, I’m Dr. Adaline Baker. I do hope you’re first session went well?' I looked at her silently for a second before remarking something else first.
          'You seem kind enough to even want to take note of this so here it is: I don't know if my papers have been filled wrongly but I've noticed how everyone dares to call me Miss or Mrs, when actually it's Lady Scottsman,' I said quite bitterly. 'At least my name is one good thing my husband gave me.' After that I would want to smile to lighten the mood, but I couldn't as I thought back to my first session.
          'I wouldn't say it went well, because all I did was explain my whole story over again, which I am not too keen of, so I hope that's finally written down properly as well. And before you ask and make me tell the whole thing over again: I'm not crazy. My husband abused me and that's what made me this way. It's his fault, and I will be getting out of here soon.'
          'Perhaps it’s an idea to make your way to the common area?' I sighed lightly, but then agreed before she decided to speak to another person.
          'Dr. Cliffwood? Might I ask you to accompany myself and Miss Scottsman to the common area?' I refused to correct her again, so just smiled lightly and greeted doctor Cliffwood. He looked rather handsome, but the look in his eyes reminded me of Oscar, again. It sent chills down my spine, which actually made me question my decision I made earlier. Regardless of whether I could bear seeing him again, I didn't know whether I could handle it. Whether I wouldn't lose my mind all over again. Whether he would make me fall back into it...

24 • Dissociative identity disorder • Examine Room • Doctor Galloway

He doesn't seem to here me when I say that he can take me back to my room and kneels down in front of me to clean my wounds.
          'This can sting a little,' he tells me and he starts dabbing the alcohol on my small wounds, but I don't even blink. The pain is nothing compared to what I've felt and I don't even seem to feel it anymore. My skin is completely filled with scars all over the place. 'I will get you something to eat and drink,' he says and throws away the tissue. I look up at him and bite my lip. I slowly nod.
          'Do you want me to come?' I ask softly. Ik slowly try to push myself up, but my body seems to scream in agony and lack of energy. Eventually I'm forced to sit down again. I rub my eyes. 'Nevermind, I will just wait here,' I whisper softly. I look at him. 'Thank you,' I whisper and then lay my head on the table again. I shiver and wrap my arms tightly around my slim body. I pull the white cloth tighter around me, but it doesn't give me much warmth. The thin fabric doesn't protect me from the cold around, just as these walls don't protect me from the sickness inside of my mind. I rub the back of my hand over my chipped lips.
          'I hope you don't mind me being so much trouble, I know it is your task to take care of me, but you don't have to babysit me,' I whisper. 'It's okay.' I sigh deep and feel like dozing of. It takes all my will power not to fall asleep from lack of energy right here and right now.

诶艾诶娜哦诶娜艾诶

Killian Theodore Cliffwood
    Mephobia is the fear of becoming so awesome that the human race can't handle it and everyone dies... no, wait, I already am.”

29 • Narcissistic • Examine Room • Patient Scottsman and Doctor Baker

When I hear a disturbance I walk out onto the hallway again. I have just been reading the documents on Henry Reign and Jethro Hayes. They are quite disturbing, but it's nothing more than I've read before. I have been sipping from a glass of whiskey that was standing next to me, until I indeed heard that disturbance. Doctor Baker is standing there, together with one of the patients. Since she is new I don't know her yet, but I do remember reading about her. I just can't remember how she was called.
          'Perhaps it’s an idea to make your way to the common area?' Doctor Baker tells the pretty young girl.
          'Dr. Cliffwood? Might I ask you to accompany myself and Miss Scottsman to the common area?' I look at the girl and walk over to them.
          'Yes, of course, Doctor Baker,' I say and carefully take the arm of Miss Scottman. 'Come on, madam. Lets get you to the Common Area, alright?' I look at Doctor Baker to silently tell her she should come along and start to walk. 'So, Miss Scottman, was it or how would you liked to be called? Have you got a nice welcome here?' I ask ask we walk into the room that is supposed to be the cosy Common Area. I then look at Doctor Baker and wink at her. 'And how have you been Doctor, have you had a nice conversation with your first patient his morning? Or wasn't it any good. Mine was rather interesting. I was reading two files just now of Henry Reign and Jethro Hayes. We played a lovely game this morning. Do you like questions Miss Scottman? We played a game in which we had to ask questions to one another and every question you answered, you could ask a new one for in return.'

The call me Charming, no, no, not prince... Doctor,
    Doctor Charming.

LUKAS “LUKA” HEATHFORD

Patient • 22 • PTSD • hallway • Elaine

Adaline agreed on letting Lukas walk around the building alone, to his surprise. He waited for this person to be out of his reach, before he turned and walked the other way around. Lukas was afraid this woman would change her mind and drag him back to his room anyways, but his fear disappeared immediately when he realised she had actually walked away.
          He was all alone, by himself. In this giant, enormous hallway. An open area. The perfect place for.. He did not have the time to finish his thoughts. Lukas looked at the ground, which was slowly turning pitch black.
          ”N-no,” he sobbed. He started walking, wanting to be ahead of the nearing darkness. Unfortunately, the faster he went, the faster the darkness went too. “Stop!” Lukas started yelling.
          ”STOP!” He started to cry. His breathing got heavier and more uncontrollable. Soon he heard them growling. He did not see anything, but he heard them. Loud and clear. He tried to focus on the sound of his running footsteps. The sound of his feet clashing on the floor. “P-Please,” he started begging.
          He was not fast enough. He had run out of time. The darkness had consumed him. Lukas was now part of it, everything around him was dark grey or black. The shape of the hallway was still vaguely visible. Lukas was pressed against a wall. Eye to eye with the monster. A hand formed around his neck, on which Lukas started to panic. No.. No.. Lukas closed his eyes again. They could not kill him - he had to fight back.
          Lukas tried to calm himself down and then placed both of his hands on the monsters chest, pushing them right through the monsters body. It vanished into thin air.
          In a complete state of paranoia and hallucination, Lukas kept on walking. He noticed a human-like monster coming his way. It was petite, it did not look as frightening. I can not be killed, they can be killed. I will show them.
          ”I will murder you,” he told the monster as he walked towards it, pushed it against the wall and tried to choke it. What he did not realise, was that he now was trying to choke an actual human being, Elaine.

[ bericht aangepast op 24 dec 2016 - 23:49 ]

That is a perfect copy of reality.

Dr. Adaline Baker

28 Doctor Hall

“You seem kind enough to even want to take note of this so here it is: I don’t know if my papers have been filled wrongly, but I’ve noticed how everyone dares to call me Miss or Mrs, when actually it’s Lady Scottsman. At least my name is the one thing my husband gave me.” I furrow my brows, realizing how I have instantly displeased her. To be honest, I had completely forgotten. It seems unusual to speak to them as anything more than what they are: Patients. However, I take a mental note, pushing myself to never forget it.
          She continues, “'I wouldn't say it went well, because all I did was explain my whole story over again, which I am not too keen of, so I hope that's finally written down properly as well. And before you ask and make me tell the whole thing over again: I'm not crazy. My husband abused me and that's what made me this way. It's his fault, and I will be getting out of here soon.” I stare at her in wonder. She would be the complete opposite of the patient I have just seen, who seems more closed off than anything. However, I wonder: Is her explanation truth or tainted with denial?
          ”I’m sorry, Lady. I’ll try to remember,” I say, again with nothing but kindness. If she needs this, who am I to deny it to her? “I’m sorry to hear this frustrates you. Let’s hope it won’t be needed again. Do you like your doctor, though?”
          To my luck, Killian instantly comes over and gently starts guiding Therese towards the Common Area, where patients are allowed to find some form of recreation. When he glances over to me, I immediately follow – even though I desire a moment to come to my senses, as I still feel terribly nauseous and lightheaded. I need a moment to sit down. But for now, I follow, listening to the ohers’ conversation.
          ”And how have you been Doctor, have you had a nice conversation with your first patient this morning? Or wasn’t it any good? Mine was rather interesting. I was reading two files just now of Henry Reign and Jethro Hays. We played a lovely game this morning.” He continues to explain his so-called game and I stare at him in utter confusion.
          ”A game?” I ask, contemplating what its effectiveness might be, deciding it might be a good way to help some patients open up. Trust is such an essential factor. “How unique. I never heard of such a technique before,” I admit, after which I again focus on the way we’re going, as to not to lose my step. “I’m feeling a little under the weather, I’m afraid. Though my session was . . . intense. My patient appears to be a very troubled young man,” I mutter as I again start to worry, looking up as I realize I was lost in thought for a second. “How are you, Dr. Cliffwood?”
          Suddenly I hear some unusual noises coming from a further hallway and my heart sinks, worrying that Lukas might be involved. "We should go look, Killian," I tell hem quietly, even forgetting to address him as a doctor in front of another patient. However I don't immediately act, waiting for his response.

[ bericht aangepast op 25 dec 2016 - 22:41 ]

A girl who wonders.