• † † †

† † †

† † †

1866, Weston, West Virginia

The Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum for the mentally ill was founded in 1864. Since then it has had a reputation of beholding the worst of the worst. Between the walls of Trans-Allegheny die many souls who are buried in the gigantic graveyard on the edge of the grounds. It is told to be haunted with bad luck and everyone who is locked up inside, won't ever leave the grounds. Dead or alive. Now in 1866 the asylum has been reopened, after it was closed for several months due to a particularly gruesome murder inside its walls. Eight clients have been transferred from different other asylums to spend the remaining of their insane lives in Trans-Allegheny, but it is not only walls that holds the clients inside. According to the rumors, the doctors who have been appointed to take care of the clients aren't quite sane themselves. Welcome to the horrors of Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum.

R O L E S
    DOCTORS
    Killian Theodore Cliffwood • Ian Somerhalder (narcissist) // Lizor
    Edward Isaac Jones • Iwan Rheon // Shireen
    Norman Richard Galloway • David Gandy (drug addict) // Miall

Katherine Williams • Scarlett Johansson (sadist) // Macabre
    Elaine Ophelia Hershey • Kristina Romanova // Shocker
    Adaline Ruth Baker • Elizabeth Olsen // Viraha

PATIENTS
    Charles Alexander Madkins • fc • Paranoid Personality Disorder // Lachesism
    Henry Nicholas Reign • Daniel Bederov • Major Depressive Disorder // Viraha
    Lukas Heathford • Arthur Daniyarov • PTSD // Marlow
    Jethro Niclas Hayes • ? • Borderline personality disorder // Scythe
    Lilith Stanbury • Violet Ell • Schizophrenia/ED // Macabre
    Anastasia Florence Chau-Se • Daul Kim • Dissociative Identity Disorder // Lizor
    Therese Scottsman • Lorde • Hysteria // Shireen
    Dorothy Margaret Crawford • Cora Keegan • Bipolar // Miall

T O P I C S
    Roletopic
    Chattopic 1, 2
    Playtopic

S T A R T E R
    It is early in the morning and the patients arrive at Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum. The doctors and nurses are ready to examine them completely before they get showed to their small rooms. The patients aren't allowed their own possessions in and have to walk around in pre scripted clothes. They have to wear white pants - men - and a long ankle skirt - women - with an elastic band instead of a fly and a white blouse.

R U L E S
    † There is maximum of two roles.
    † Only Macabre and Lizor make new topics.
    † Posts have to contain at least 250 words.
    † No fights, unless it's in character.
    † OOC in playing topic between hooks or in the spam topic.
    † 16+ is allowed.
    † Without permission you can not control other roles.
    † Don't shut anyone out and try to read the posts from others.
    † In your post you name your name, role, location and the person you role is with.
    † No Harley Quinn's or Tate's.
    † Take the year into consideration when you pick a face claim.
    † And above all; have fun!

[ bericht aangepast op 18 jan 2017 - 17:09 ]

My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.

THERESE • SCOTTSMAN

Patient • 25 • Hysteria and paranoia • Common Room

Dr. Baker still attempted to chaperone me, putting her arm through mine, starting to ask me questions, but alas she was called back by Dr. Cliffwood for backup. I couldn't be bothered to look back at what was happening. I didn't exactly wish to be reminded of what kind of people they put me with. What kind of lunatics...
          The hallway could obviously only lead to the common room, so that was where I would go. I felt a little more at ease walking there by myself. If only it weren't for the lack of dressing sense it would have felt like walking down the halls of my own home. Well, Oscar's home...
          As soon as I entered the common room, I encountered a man standing there who seemed to be experiencing a lack of attention.
          'Where is Anastasia? Tell me, where is she?!' he shouted, a bit too loud if you asked me. I was stopped in my tracks, a bit startled, but after observing the man's stature for a couple of seconds I decided that I did have something to say to him.
          'I don't know who Anastasia is, but what I do know is that you're not going to find her by shouting.' I approached the man from behind but passed him quite closely, looking in his eyes intensely.
          'Is it true that men have forgotten how to hunt like they did in the Stone Age?' I ask defiantly. 'Try not to make a lot of noise if you're looking for someone who's hiding.' Now, I passed him fully, and I sat down in a chair a few metres out in front of him.
          'I do wonder why you are looking for this Anastasia. Whatever has she done to upset you this much?' I grinned lightly, awaiting his response.

how dare you speak of grace

Jethro Niclas Hayes
    patient • 26 • borderline • outside • Killian and Elaine

“How do you run from what's inside of your mind?”

Jeth nods when Killian warns him, not that it makes any difference. The other doctor joined me when Killian already went back inside.
    "Oh no problem, it was noting," Jeth said, trying to sound somewhat upbeat, but the thought of not saving Lukas still weight him down. The two walked through the asylum until they reached Jeth's room. He walked inside and sat on his bed.
    "Do you mind if I lay down?" Without waiting on an answer, Jeth made himself comfortable on his bed. His hands placed underneath his pillow, staring to the white ceiling, Of course she wanted to know things about him, they always wanted the same things in the beginning. Why couldn't they add some variety from time to time.

"Nah, I don't mind," he said, still not looking at her. Let's start with some basics. "I'm Jeth Hayes, 26 years old and I've been in and out of hospitals and asylums since I was sixteen, that makes for ten years give or take. Any more specific things you want to know? Just ask." He thought about the things he had done, there weren't a lot of things to be proud off. Not really things he wanted to talk about, but I looked like he hadn't much choice. He just needed to stay calm for now. Jeth pressed his nails between the others, the slightly painful feeling made his mind a bit more clear and calm while he waited for Elaine to ask more questions.

Elaine Ophelia Hershey
    “Deep inside – where nothing's fine – I've lost my mind.”

He asked me if he could lay down, but didn't even bother to wait for an answer as he laid down anyway.
          ‘Sure, of course, I don't mind,’ I said dryly and looked at him with my eyebrows knitted together. He gazed at the white ceiling and I gazed at him, wondering if he had forgotten about my presence. I quietly sat down on a chair and watched him.
          ‘Nah, I don't mind,’ he answered, therefore acknowledging my existence. ‘I'm Jeth Hayes, 26 years old and I've been in and out of hospitals and asylums since I was sixteen, that makes for ten years give or take. Any more specific things you want to know? Just ask.’ I felt sorry for this poor man, that he had been wasting his life for ten years now. What could he have possibly done that he already had to go to an asylum when he was only sixteen years old? So I decided to ask him.
          ‘What happened?’ I said and realised I wasn't being very articulate as this question could be about almost any topic. ‘I mean, why did you end up in an asylum when you were only sixteen?’ I eyed him curiously and also a little warily, what if he would be dangerous, as dangerous as the patient from earlier today? I had to admit that he had intimidated me a bit, back in the gardens, when he had sort off attacked Killian. ‘What did you do?’ I cleared my throat.

Doctor • 28 • Major OCD issues & obsessed with perfection • Gardens > Jethro's room • Jethro

I just caught the wave in your eyes

Jethro Niclas Hayes
    patient • 26 • borderline • His room • Elaine

“You'll have no future, if you keep getting stuck in the same place.”

"Ah the tragic backstory. Why ended the young, handsome guy up in an asylum? " Jeth said, smiling, trying to make the conversation somewhat more interesting. He looked at Elaine, hoping that the humor got across.
    "For what it's worth, I should have been seen by a doctor or a psychiatrist, when I was around thirteen or fourteen, maybe they could have fixed things before it got worse. Anyways, let's start. I had a normal childhood, noting wrong, no house moving or school changing, even my sister and I got along very well. But by the time I was twelve, everything changes." Jeth pauses, adding a dramatic silence. "My aunt came to live with us and since she needed a lot of attention, my parents decided I would get that responsibility. This is where the fun starts, so hang on." Jeth still looked at Elaine, his face changed a little, barely enough to notice by someone who wasn't watching carefully.

"At first my aunt looked fine, but after a couple of weeks she changed. Since I was in charge of her, I didn't want my parents to notice and think I did poorly, so I sucked it up. She got angry a lot and made me feel bad all the time and since that made her feel better I just dealt with it. After four years, I got the better of me and I was admitted to a hospital for suicide gone wrong. There they found out there was a lot more wrong with me then my parents knew and I got into the system." Finally Jeth looked away, back to the ceiling. His upbeat storytelling had changed into a more detached voice, not really wanting to tell his story to every doctor he met.

His nails pressed harder underneath his pillow. His story was a shortened version of the truth, but hopefully enough to satisfy Elaine. He had left out a lot of things he had done, mostly the dangerous and bad things.
    "Once in the system, always in the system. I stopped hoping to get better, since it won't happen anyway, despite what doctors might say. They're saying the same thing for ten years now, and I'm still in the same place." The last words sounded distant, it was clear Jeth hadn't much hope left walking through these hallways.

[ bericht aangepast op 25 jan 2017 - 19:07 ]

Elaine Ophelia Hershey
    “Deep inside – where nothing's fine – I've lost my mind.”

At first, my aunt looked fine, but after a couple of weeks, she changed. Since I was in charge of her, I didn't want my parents to notice and think I did poorly, so I sucked it up. She got angry a lot and made me feel bad all the time and since that made her feel better I just dealt with it. After four years, I got the better of me and I was admitted to a hospital for suicide gone wrong. There they found out there was a lot more wrong with me than my parents knew and I got into the system.’ He had been facing me the whole time, making me somewhat nervous – even though I managed to not show pretty well. As if on cue he looked away from me, back to the ceiling. ‘Once in the system, always in the system. I stopped hoping to get better, since it won't happen anyway, despite what doctors might say. They're saying the same thing for ten years now, and I'm still in the same place.’ I smiled sadly at him. Something was bugging me, though. I felt like he wasn't telling me everything. I didn't want to force it out of him, but I was actually rather keen to know what parts of his story he was trying to hide from me, 'cause I could tell he was by the way he was looking at me.
          ‘Well, I won't sugarcoat things for you then... Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum will be your final and last stadium.’ I shrugged. ‘Would you mind sharing the complete story with me, though?’

Doctor • 28 • Major OCD issues & obsessed with perfection • Gardens > Jethro's room • Jethro

Jethro Niclas Hayes

Jeth laid on his back, his hands still folded beneath his pillow, his eyes staring to the ceiling. He laid this way in silence for a minute or two. A gloom expression came over his face. How could she have asked that?! Didn't she have any common sense?! Of course he minded! Otherwise he would have told it to her!
    "I'd rather not," Jeth said, trying his hardest to remain calm. His breathing got a little heavier. "Let's just say, I've done a lot of bad things, hurt a lot of people and regretted it afterwards for most of the cases." His mind raced through his memories, seeing all the things he had done wrong. It was always his fault when things went wrong, Jeth hurt me, Jeth destroyed it, Jeth got angry. His mood changed quickly and his mind slipped back in a destructive spiral.

"I don't want to hurt you. Don't worry, it will pass. Please get out and lock the door," Jeth articulated slowly with the last piece of tranquility that was left in his body. Quickly he came to a sitting position, tucking his legs underneath him. His hands where shaking whilst he scratched his arms until they appeared red. She needed to leave. Now!
    "GET! OUT!" Jeth shouted when she didn't leave as quickly as he wanted. He looked at her, the internal rage visible in his eyes. Of course this was his last stadium, he would die here. Nobody cared enough to fix him, they would just let him rot here until he died. Jeth would keep starring at Elaine until she got out, still scratching his arms as a way to not explode until she had locked the door.

[ bericht aangepast op 26 jan 2017 - 15:51 ]

Elaine Ophelia Hershey
    “Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.”

I kept staring at Jethro – in a non-creepy way. I swear that I could hear the gears turning in his head, as he was staring at the wall – thinking. Overthinking. His breathing got more ragged and he seemed to be having trouble remaining calm as his eyes darted around the room.
          ‘I don't want to hurt you. Don't worry, it will pass. Please get out and lock the door,’ he said. It seemed to me as if it demanded a Hell of a lot of self-control for him to say that. He sat up straight, facing me. His hands were trembling uncontrollably and he started scratching himself. The scratching caused his arms to start bleeding and I felt myself becoming sick to the stomach. Who on earth did that to oneself. Who?! ‘GET! OUT!’ I swallowed and noticed that I started shaking all over. Do not show him that you're scared, Elaine. Get your shit together, everything will be just fine. This man is only crazy, just an itty-bitty, tiny little bit crazy. So I did what every sane person would do in a similar situation: I began to scream my lungs out.
          ‘GUARDS!’ I yelled. Two guards barged into the room and I told them to bound his wrists together with a rope, so he would at least stop scratching his arms. I mean, that was just simply disgusting. They did and remained in the room, for mine and his own safety. ‘Jethro, calm down. It's fine, it's just me, Elaine... Pardon–I mean doctor Hershey. Everything will be okay.’

Doctor • 28 • Major OCD issues & obsessed with perfection • Jethro's room • Jethro

[ bericht aangepast op 4 feb 2017 - 22:30 ]

HENRY NICHOLAS REIGN

24 • Depressed/Suicidal • Patient

Tiredly I rub my hand over my face, forcing myself to stay awake and alert – though I can’t find a reason why I should do so. Just ‘till dinner, I tell myself, after that you can go to bed. I force myself on my feet once again and glance around the room, trying to pinpoint something – anything – that can form any kind of distraction at the moment. Eventually my glare lands on a pack of cards, which I quickly pull of the table as I sit down before it and start playing a game of Patience to keep my mind busy. Before I can finish it, however, my attention is drawn to someone entering in pure distress.
    ”Where is Anastasia?” he asks me and the young female, whose name I do not know, though I presume she’s not the one called Anastasia. I subtly frown. Is she a patient who got away from him without his permission, or is something else going on? “Tell me, where is she?!”
    Careful not to startle him, I place my hands on the edge of the table and force myself on my feet, as I walk towards him – though I stop before getting too close. “Perhaps you should calm down, man,” I say keeping my voice as steady as humanly possible in this kind of situation. “I don’t know who she is, but I don’t think she’s been here. . . Is there something I can do. . .?”
    I glance around, hoping another doctor would come – and to my luck Killian suddenly appears, as if hearing my mental pleas. “What do you think you’re doing?” he asks firmly and I allow myself to take a step back once again.
          ”Somethin’ I can do, Killian? The hell is going on with him?”
          All doctors here are as bloody crazy as their patients.

[ bericht aangepast op 4 feb 2017 - 18:38 ]

A girl who wonders.

Dr. Adaline Baker

28 Doctor Hall

“I do not want to eat with you,” the boy muttered, “I do not want to be isolated either. I just want.. Nothing. Nothing at all.” I sigh, realizing I won’t be able to change his mind on this matter, or even talk some sense into him. It shouldn’t bother me, really. After all it’s quite common among patients. Yet, to be honest, it always does. “Nothing happened – I mean, nothing I remember. She was just.. A monster. A cold-blooded killer, that wanted me dead. She deserved it. . . Now please leave my room.”
          I take a deep breath and do as he says, though not before giving one of the guards the cue to give him a light sedative. It won’t knock him out, but it ‘ll calm him down – at least for a little while. Only after I’ve done that, I start to walk away, turning around for a few seconds. “We’ll keep you in your room for a little bit, and lock the door. If you want out, you just have to let the guards know and they’ll call either me or another doctor to assess if you’re well enough to come join the others, alright? I do hope you can find a little peace, Lukas. . .”
          I continue my path outside the door and see to it that he gets the sedative and the door gets lock, keeping him safe. I already had made the mistake of letting him roam freely, with an attack as a result. Stupid.
          Buried in my own mind I stroll around the halls, making my way to the common area – as I had promised Therese to meet her there. Though when I arrive, I not only see another patient, but also Norman – who seems to be quite frustrated and Killian besides him. “Norman?” I ask softly. “Is something wrong?” For a second I look away at Killian, hoping he’ll explain what’s going on with Norman. But all I can think about is how I need to tell him of the pregnancy, though now really doesn’t seem that good of moment. You can’t put it off any longer, Adaline, I tell myself.
          ”Do you perhaps have a minute to talk?” I look at him in all seriousness, hoping he’ll realize how important this is to me – or rather, both of us.

[ bericht aangepast op 4 feb 2017 - 18:34 ]

A girl who wonders.

NORMAN RICHARD GALLOWAY
    "No one is free, even the birds are chained to the sky."

35 • DOCTOR • ALCOHOL ADDICTION • COMMON ROOM• PEOPLE

Furiously, I look at the people — patients and doctors — present in the room and I await their answer. I want to know where Anastasia is. I am one hundred percent sure she is the one who took my bottle of alcohol and if I don't get something very soon, I will completely go mad. I see some people coming towards me and I certainly hope they have the answers I'm looking for, or I will flip. The first to bother me, is Killian, one of my colleagues. 'What do you think you're doing?' he asks firmly while grabbing my arm. I immediately take a step behind and I just shake my head, not even answering him. Another man, a patient, also asks what he can do and I shake my head. I won't take any sass from anyone, let alone from my patients!
          Then, a softer, non-manly voice interrupts the men and I look at a woman, dressed in clothing from this Asylum. Another patient. 'I don't know who Anastasia is, but what I do know is that you're not going to find her by shouting. Is it true that men have forgotten how to hunt like they did in the Stone Age? Try not to make a lot of noise if you're looking for someone who's hiding. I do wonder why you are looking for this Anastasia. Whatever has she done to upset you this much?'
          A bit startled, I look at her, thinking of the right things to answer. I just don't know. I can't tell anyone about my drinking because I will be fired immediately and I can't afford not to have a well-paying job at the moment. It's not just for the money, because Beatrice and I saved up something for our little family, but my job keeps my mind from my late wife and I don't want to have to think about her constantly. I shake my head once again. The lack of alcohol is taking its toll and I'm not sure I will be able to even formulate a proper sentence to express my feelings and thoughts. Not that I want to, but in theory.
          'That's none of your business,' I finally manage to come up with. My voice, that was so soft-spoken and gentle while talking to Anastasia, is now harsh and distant, maybe even angry and violent. The girl, woman, whatever she is, doesn't need to know anything about my life. Nobody does. She has no right to be all sassy like that.
          When I finally want to turn around, leaving the common room behind, I hear another voice. This time I know who it belongs to: Adaline Baker. Another colleague of mine, but instead of Killian, she knows just a bit how to calm me down. She doesn't grab my arm or talks loudly, she is her calm self. 'Norman? Is something wrong? Do you perhaps have a minute to talk?' she asks, swiftly looking at Killian, who's still standing behind me like some sort of bodyguard. Like I'm stupid enough to attack somebody right here. I look down on the woman who's also looking back at me. I don't want to talk to her, I don't want to talk to anyone. I want to find Anastasia, get my bottle back and retire to my room where I can easily drink everything up and forget the world for a moment. I just don't feel like talking at all. Then I sigh and I close my eyes for a second or two, trying to wrap my head around things.
          'Fine,' I manage to utter and I take a step away from the common room. 'But keep it short. My head is about to explode.'

[ bericht aangepast op 5 feb 2017 - 21:22 ]

I, Tahani Al-Jamil, shall do my level best to make every event too much.

Killian Theodore Cliffwood
    Mephobia is the fear of becoming so awesome that the human race can't handle it and everyone dies... no, wait, I already am.”

29 • Narcissistic • Common Area • Therese, Henry, Adaline, Norman
    'That's none of your business,' he snaps at the female patient. I want to tell him he needs to get out of here, but Dr. Baker is first. I step in front of the patients, making sure he won't jump forward to hurt them and fold my arms, looking at the two of them. 'Norman? Is something wrong? Do you perhaps have a minute to talk?' she says and I frown slightly.
          'Somethin’ I can do, Killian? The hell is going on with him?' I hear. I turn around to Henry and shake my head, placing my hand on his shoulders.
          'No, it is fine, Henry, thank you for your concern. I think something has just upset him.' I look at Adaline. 'Do I need to go with you and...,' I swiftly look at Norman, 'you know... watch out for you.' I pull up one eyebrow in disapproval. If Norman wants to work here, he has to behave himself. He has to keep himself under control and not snap like that. Norman agrees with her taking him away, but he still seems to be close to hitting someone. I look over my shoulders at Therese and Henry. 'You guys go do something else, okay?' I step forward and grap Norman's arm. 'Come on.' I beckon Adaline and start walking towards my own office. When they are both inside I close the door and fill three glasses with whiskey. I push one of them in Norman's hand.
          'Behave yourself, will you? I can easily make sure you get kicked out. We don't go around screaming at patients. They are the one screaming. They are the crazy ones. Not. Us,' I say. My voice sounds cold and very stern. I know I can scare some people with it, maybe not him, but at least he will know it's serious. I sit down on my chair and look at Adaline. 'What did you want to say to him, love?'

The call me Charming, no, no, not prince... Doctor,
    Doctor Charming.

My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.

Dr. Adaline Baker

28 Doctor Office

“Fine,” he mutters, and my heart seems to skip a bit. “But keep it short. My head is about to explode.” I sigh, trying to suppress the sour taste filling my mouth. I wasn’t prepared for telling him, even though I had practiced it so often in my mind. Now however it all seems to come up blank, especially since I never practiced it imagining him in such a terrible mood. This is probably the worst of times to tell him, but I have to push through, not putting it off any longer.
          ”Do I need to go with you and. . . you know, watch out for you?” I glance over to Killian as he comforts the patients and then smoothly guides Norman outside the Common Area, as if he has done so a dozen times before. He probably has, I realize – but he seems so confident in doing it, so I quietly follow as he beckons me. Of all my colleagues, Killian was probably the one I got along with best.
          I follow him inside his office and watch as he fills three glasses of whisky and glare over to Killian again, speaking with calm tone. “Behave yourself, will you? I can easily make sure you get kicked out. We don’t go around screaming at patients. They are the ones screaming. They are the crazy ones. Not. Us.” It seems so odd now, knowing that perhaps every doctor here has a quirk or two. “What did you want to say to him, love?”
          I furrow my brows. Oh crap. For a second I had forgotten my goal in this and feel my heart start racing again. Should I even tell him with Killian there? I pick up one of the glasses of whisky, putting it down just as quickly realizing my mistake. “Here’s the thing,” I begin, my voice audibly fluctuating and shivering as I look Norman in the eyes, and glance over to Killian. “This can’t leave this room,” I inform him sternly, hoping my trust isn’t misplaced and look back at Norman. “I can’t- I don’t really know how to say this and it’s probably the last thing you want to hear,” I’m already losing my calm, but force myself to take a deep breath. “I’m pregnant, Norman.”

[ bericht aangepast op 12 feb 2017 - 4:32 ]

A girl who wonders.

NORMAN RICHARD GALLOWAY
    "No one is free, even the birds are chained to the sky."

35 • DOCTOR • ALCOHOL ADDICTION • KILLIAN'S OFFICE • ADALINE & KILLIAN

Killian talks with a patient — why would patients think they would be able to help me, they are the insane ones — and finally shifts his attention to Adaline, who's standing right in front of me. 'Do I need to go with you and... you know... watch out for you,' he says. She doesn't even get the time to answer because Killian once again grabs my arm and pulls me with him, away from the common area.
          'Behave yourself, will you? I can easily make sure you get kicked out. We don't go around screaming at patients. They are the one screaming. They are the crazy ones. Not. Us,' Killians says as we enter his office. He pours three glasses of whisky and hands me one. I eagerly grab it and drink it all. I needed this. Not that Killian or Adaline know, but I still needed it. Some alcohol to numb my feelings about Beatrice. Also, Killian acts like he's the king of this Asylum, like he can decide who gets fired or not. He's not in charge of us, so he should keep quiet. I'm not going to tell him, but I'm thinking it. After that, he finally is able to ask Adaline about her questions and I look at the woman. I lean down on Killians desk and wait for her explanation. Or whatever she is going to give me. I don't think it will be that shocking, because Killian gets to listen as well. He thinks he's so damn important.
          'Here's the thing, this can't leave this room. I can't - I don't really know how to say this and it's probably the last thing you want to hear. I'm pregnant, Norman.'
          For a moment I don't quite know what to do or say. Well, there goes my 'not so shocking'. Because this is. She is pregnant?! Okay, great. This will cause some serious problems. Luckily I have my alcohol now so I won't flip out immediately, but it sure costs me a lot of energy to keep myself contained. Would it be a problem if I would pour myself another glass of whisky?
          'Pregnant?' I finally ask her and I shake my head. This can't be true. I mean, yes, I could be the father because Adaline and I have worked together before and we have had sex a couple of times. I would never, ever, ever betray Beatrice but I was drunk and I managed to forget Beatrice for an hour or two. In those hours, Adaline and I... well, you get the picture. 'You can't be,' I then say, when the message finally starts to sink in. This would mean that I would become a father, but Beatrice is dead and she wouldn't be the mother. I couldn't. Ever. 'Don't tell me such lies, Adaline.' The whisky already starts to work its way through my veins and I pour myself another glass of the whisky. I don't even bother looking at Killian or asking him if I can have some more, because within seconds I drink it all up again. I shake my head and put the glass down, getting up and walking towards the door, away from my two colleagues. 'I don't want to hear any of this.' I wouldn't be able to ever forget myself if this would be true, if Adaline really is carrying my child. I just really hope she slept with other man too...

I, Tahani Al-Jamil, shall do my level best to make every event too much.

Jethro Niclas Hayes

Not long after Elaine screamed, two guards came in his room. No! They didn't understand! Why didn't they understand?
    "No! Don't! No!" Jeth said, his voice raised. The guards stepped on both sides of his bed. Jeth tried to keep the guards from grabbing his wrists.
    "You don't understand! You never do!" He spoke a little out of breath whilst dodging the two man before they finally got him. Both his hands got tight to his bed, leaving him on his back, unable to move a lot. Even though he had stayed on his bed, the guards didn't trust him enough not to tigh him to something.

His eyes, filled with panic and rage went through the room, looking at the guards, the door and eventually met Elaine's. There was so much going on, so many details to look at that is was overwhelming in Jeth's already crowded head.
    "Why can't you understand?" he asked, tears starting to form in his eyes while he is trying to escape his bed. Jeth twisted and turned, trying his hardest to get his hands free, but all it accomplishes is the rope digging in his wrists.
    "No! It's not fine! It's never fine!" Jeth finally stopped turning and laid flat on his back, catching his breath and exhausted from the struggle he had put up. The rope was still digging in his wrists, as his hands where the only things that moved.
    "I know who you are! Jeez! I'm not psychotic! And everything will not be okay!" Tears dripped from his jaw as he spoke. "Why don't you understand? Why can't you just listen?! You always think you know what is best! There were only two things you had to do! What is there that it is so difficult to follow two simple instructions?!" His mind was racing and the tears still running down his face. Jeth kept trying to get a grip on the situation, but his mind was everywhere at ones. His body trembled, as a way to deal with all the energy going through.
    "Ever thought about that maybe you are just making it all worse?!"

Jeth's brain was rappid firing all kinds of though. Elaine was right, he wouldn't get out. He would just die here. What if they forgot he existing? Then he would rot away, like fruit. He wasn't even worth anything to be helped. No, they were better of without him. Everybody was better of that way.
    "If you know it all, why can't you make me better?!" His eyes were still looking at all the details in the room, trying to make sense of the world around him and coping with all the details that filled his brain.
    "Can't I just die now?" His voice sounded timid, barely audible in comparison with the yelling he had done. The tears had stopped and for a moment Jeth just laid there, empty.

[ bericht aangepast op 13 feb 2017 - 8:24 ]

Elaine Ophelia Hershey
    “Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.”

No! Don't! No!’ Jethro raised his voice. ‘You don't understand! You never do!’ He was panting. ‘Why can't you understand?’ He really was gone over the deep end. He gazed at me and I saw tears glistening in the corners of his eyes. He kept twisting and turning, in an attempt to free himself from the ropes that tied his hands to the headboard of the bed. ‘No! It's not fine! It's never fine!’ He eventually gave up. ‘I know who you are! Jeez! I'm not psychotic! And everything will not be okay! Why don't you understand? Why can't you just listen?! You always think you know what is best! There were only two things you had to do! What is there that it is so difficult to follow two simple instructions?!’ He had started to cry. He was actually crying. I awkwardly sat there, watching him struggle with himself and the ropes. ‘Ever thought about that maybe you are just making it all worse?!’ But of course I wasn't making things worse. I was a doctor. I was only helping him – curing him. ‘If you know it all, why can't you make me better?!’ His eyes darted around the room. ‘Can't I just die now?’
          ‘I'm afraid not sir, you have a whole life ahead of you.’ I cleared my throat and sat down on his bed. ‘Jethro? I need you to calm down and rely on me okay? I do not want to hurt you – I'm only here to help you. Okay?’ I said. It had most likely sounded belittling. But to be fair, it felt like I was indeed talking to a little child, a very oversized child, though, but a child. ‘I will cure you. We – the doctors – will cure you. But we'll need time, so please be patient.’ I smiled gently at him and sent the guards away. ‘And everything we choose to do is for the sake of your mental health, understood?’

Doctor • 28 • Major OCD issues & obsessed with perfection • Jethro's room • Jethro