• 𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔰𝔢 𝔴𝔥𝔬 𝔳𝔞𝔫𝔦𝔰𝔥𝔢𝔡
    THE LIGHTHOUSE NEAR SAINT'S HAVEN
    rollentopic | info story | ‣ praattopic | speeltopic

ZOWEL NEDERLANDS ALS ENGELS SCHRIJVEN TOEGESTAAN

1949, Saint Agnes. A group of four women, including famous novelist Liesbeth Witt, meet up during summer in the name of reunion. All mysteriously vanish on July 23 1949. They were last seen at 14:30 on a market place in Saint’s Haven by numerous passerbys to prepare for a beach party, and after that no more. The only thing found was one of the women's hats, drifting in the water along the coastline, and then numerous diaries by Miss Tina Smith with some highly questionable claims of the paranormal.

•      •      •

1978 | OUR STORY BEGINS

Saint Agnes, a small island between Cape Breton Island and Newfoundland, Canada, 1978. Two young men find a collection of diary entries and notes in the lighthouse near Saint's Haven. Upon some reading, they discover two things: firstly, these notes belong to the women that disappeared in 1949; and secondly, they detail how to develop paranormal abilities that would be very interesting to master. After a little bit of experimenting, they come to the bizarre conclusion that this is, indeed, possible - so they set up a small research group to help them with further discoveries.
    Caspian Sutherland is beyond excited to learn what happened to the vanished women. Julian Linden, on the other hand, is much more interested in something else: exerting power. Slowly but surely, their research group develops cult-like tendencies. If he plans it right, after all, he could perhaps even get away with murder - or worse.

They are not the only ones who are excited, though. After giving the less exciting of the two diaries to the authorities, news that the vanished women were occultists spreads like wildfire and calls upon all sorts of conspiracy theorists.
    Paranormal researchers (none of which good at what they do) and journalists from all over the world flock to Saint Agnes to figure out just what actually happened in 1949, and how much of the girls' disappearance can truly be explained by the mundane.

Unfortunately for all, the supernatural is not safe - especially not for the morally gray.

WHO DO WE PLAY?

There are a few categories of characters that can be played. All of which will be in our current timeline, 1978, for the mystery at hand is already worked out by me.

julian's cultists:
    These are all college students invited by Julian to partake in his "research group". In truth, they may be about to commit a murder - they just don't know it yet. The cultists have been practicing paranormal abilities for about six months by the start of our RPG, and are thus relatively new at it - though some of them are quite the fast learners.
    Some have the goal of solving the disappearance of 1949, and others simply enjoy messing with the paranormal. Either way, they need to abide by Julian's rules.

Character list that needs to be filled in:

•      Name
          •      Age (18-30)
          •      Gender & sexuality
          •      Occupation (most likely will be a student)
          •      Personality
          •      Appearance (faceclaims are of course allowed)
          •      Backstory (can be kept to a summary, their early history is unlikely to be important)
          •      Gift (their paranormal ability; see the chapter on this)
          •      Hobbies & skills
          •      Relationships (Julian or Caspian needs to be in here, discuss how they know each other with me)
          •      Extra (anything you could not fit in)

It's to be expected that these characters start out with a beginning set of powers and develop stronger ones over the course of the RPG. You can already put down what they will eventually learn, but keeping it to only a vague direction of what you think fits them most is also fine.

researchers and journalists:
    These are the people that visit Saint Agnes in light of the recently found diaries that have paranormal suggestions in them. Not everyone who visits will be here just for the sake of ghosts, though. In fact, there may very well be true crime fans or legitimate (or, well, legitimate enough, anyway) investigators among them trying to solve the mysterious disappearance from 1949. They will be investigating the student cult by the time they are discovered.

Character list that needs to be filled in:

•      Name
          •      Age (21+)
          •      Gender & sexuality
          •      Personality
          •      Occupation (conspiracy theorist, journalist, paranormal investigator, detective, writer)
          •      Nationality
          •      Appearance (faceclaims are of course allowed)
          •      Backstory (can be kept to a summary, their early history is unlikely to be important)
          •      Hobbies & skills
          •      Relationships
          •      Extra (anything you could not fit in)

Research groups that you discuss with other players are not only allowed, but encouraged. Rivalry is, of course, also good. Be creative with these characters. They don't at all have to be frauds - but have fun with them if they are!

mortui vivos docent
    T H E · D E A D · T E A C H · T H E · L I V I N G

RULES

•      Houd je aan de Qreaties huisregels.
    •      Je mag zowel in het Nederlands als Engels schrijven, maar de voertaal waarin de start topics worden geschreven is Engels. Mocht je hulp nodig hebben qua vertalen is dit geen enkel probleem.
    •      Mocht je graag een ander soort rol spelen dan de neergezette categorieën (oa. een gewone bewoner van Saint's Haven die per ongeluk verstrikt raakt) is dit mogelijk. Bespreek het echter wel met mij.
    •      Dit is een RPG die over volwassen onderwerpen gaat, en dus voornamelijk bestemd voor mensen boven de 18. Mocht je een paar jaar jonger zijn is dit geen punt, maar wees je ervan bewust dat één van de genres van deze wereld horror is, en dat het door true crime is geïnspireerd – dus gaat het over soortgelijke onderwerpen. (Denk aan moord, kannibalisme, trauma, misbruik, en mentale problematiek)
    •      Je posts zijn minimaal 150 woorden. Meer is uiteraard toegestaan.
    •      Je post in ieder geval eens per week, en als je dit niet kunt, laat je dit aan mij weten.
    •      Als je een maand lang helemaal niks post zonder uitleg, worden jouw rollen op inactief gezet.
    •      Er is geen maximum van personage per speler, maar denk wel na hoeveel karakters je daadwerkelijk lukt te schrijven.
    •      16+ mag, maar als het expliciet wordt, zet het erboven in het rood zodat anderen dit kunnen skippen als ze dit willen. Bespreek ook van te voren met je schrijfpartner als je hierheen wilt, zeker als het dubious consent bevat.
    •      Als er een gevoelig onderwerp in je rol of post staat (oa. misbruik, zelfbeschadiging, of zelfmoord), zet er een trigger warning boven.
    •      Aangezien dit een RPG is met donkerdere randjes en psychologische stoornissen vaker aan bod komen, hierbij een preventieve mededeling: als je geen volledig begrip hebt van een bepaalde ziekte of stoornis, sta ik niet toe dat je een personage hiermee schrijft. Oftewel, als je zelf geen ervaring hebt met een bepaalde stoornis (via jouzelf of een bekende), schrijf je er ook geen personage mee. Dit is om mensen met complexe stoornissen die wel ervaring hebben met dit soort problematiek te beschermen tegen stigma en triggers, aangezien niet goed doorzochte afbeeldingen van psychologische stoornissen dit vaak bevatten. (Voorbeelden van complexe stoornissen die vaak worden gestigmatizeerd in horror zijn gespleten/meervoudige persoonlijkheden [dissociatieve identiteitsstoornis], schizofrenie, en bipolaire stoornissen.)

C H A R A C T E R S

Yellow = NPC (played by only me, but different than player characters due to their role in the story, and do not affect the amount of characters allowed in each category.)

JULIAN'S CULTISTS

Name | User: Age · Pronouns · Page

Julian Linden | inktzwart: 25 y/o · He/Him · 1.1
    Caspian Sutherland | inktzwart: 22 y/o · He/Him · 1.1
    Luke Reid | Satoru: 23 y/o · He/Him · 1.2
    Tiffany Murphy | Valkyria: 24 · She/Her · 1.1
    Name | Hammock: Age · Pronouns · Page

RESEARCHERS

Name | ChiIdhood: Age · Pronouns · Page
    Name | Vespera: Age · Pronouns · Page

OTHER

Dr. John Sutherland | inktzwart: 63 · He/Him · Story

I wrote down a bunch on worldbuilding, paranormal abilities, and the case of 1949!
    Check out the information story! (Pls I worked hard on it)

also here's a moodboard

[ bericht aangepast op 27 jan 2024 - 23:08 ]

obsessive rage

MT C:

[ bericht aangepast op 27 jan 2024 - 23:12 ]

Satoru schreef:
    MT C:

JE WAS HIER KLAARBLIJKELIJK AL TWEE MINUTEN VOORDAT IK DE LINK GEPOST HAD HAHAHAHA YOU BEAT ME TO IT

obsessive rage

inktzwart schreef:
    (...)

JE WAS HIER KLAARBLIJKELIJK AL TWEE MINUTEN VOORDAT IK DE LINK GEPOST HAD HAHAHAHA YOU BEAT ME TO IT

Ik was echt niet lazily Q aan het refreshen op m'n tweede scherm terwijl ik anime keek ^^

oe praattopic (:

het is Schoonheid zelf op zichzelf eeuwig eenvormig met zichzelf [Plato, Symposium, 211b]

Satoru schreef:
    (...)

Ik was echt niet lazily Q aan het refreshen op m'n tweede scherm terwijl ik anime keek ^^

op precies het juiste moment?? witch

obsessive rage

inktzwart schreef:
    (...)

op precies het juiste moment?? witch

As long as you keep clicking, you end up seeing things within the minute they are posted ^^ But witch is also fine ;P

Feel free to stalk me at any point for relations btw, I have time a plenty ^^

MT

Bicycle, unicycle, unitard. Hockey puck, rattlesnake, monkey, monkey, underpants.

Well it didnt take me long to buckle at all

help

Coryo schreef:
    Well it didnt take me long to buckle at all

One of us! One of us!

Satoru schreef:
    (...)
    One of us! One of us!

I blame The Artful Dodger

Nu even alles doorlezen

He'll be named Charlie

Ik had hem bijna Charles Dickens genoemd zonder er verder over na te denken

help

Charlie is by far nog niet af, maar ik verwerk relaties graag in mijn verleden dus hier even een kleine inkijker:

- Charlie is afkomstig van mainland Canada en kwam op zijn 16de naar Saint Agnes nadat hij betrokken was bij een moord en door de hulp van een rijke man uit Saint Agnes vrijgesproken werd (i gotta figure out the details still). Die man werd soort van zijn adoptievader. Zijn achtergrond is niet echt geweten maar er deden wel geruchten de ronde toen hij hier kwam wonen.
    - He's very passionate about his work, art, poetry and plants and can talk about that shit for hours. Daarnaast is hij meestal wel wat stiller en neemt hij niet veel ruimte op, al kan hij er niet tegen als hij iemand iets fout ziet doen. Dan is hij arrogant genoeg om ze tegen te spreken en het werk zelf over te nemen. Omdat hij uit een gezin van lage klasse komt, zijn zijn manieren ook niet altijd wat je zou verwachten van een universiteitsstudent.

Ik ben op zoek naar: (dingen kunnen best gecombineerd worden)
    - Iemand waar hij close mee geworden is toen hij naar Saint Agnes kwam
    - Een hele goeie vriend die hem meegesleurd heeft in Julians cult en waarmee hij een maand of twee geleden in de clinch kwam
    - Een geest uit zijn verleden / iemand die op de hoogte is van wat er zich vroeger heeft afgespeeld en aan zijn duister kantje trekt
    - Iemand waarmee hij bijna een relatie had maar dat uiteindelijk op de klippen is gelopen
    - Of andere ideeën idk man, hit me up

[ bericht aangepast op 28 jan 2024 - 17:27 ]

help

Coryo schreef:
    Charlie is by far nog niet af, maar ik verwerk relaties graag in mijn verleden dus hier even een kleine inkijker:

- Charlie is afkomstig van mainland Canada en kwam op zijn 16de naar Saint Agnes nadat hij betrokken was bij een moord en door de hulp van een rijke man uit Saint Agnes vrijgesproken werd (i gotta figure out the details still). Die man werd soort van zijn adoptievader. Zijn achtergrond is niet echt geweten maar er deden wel geruchten de ronde toen hij hier kwam wonen.
    - He's very passionate about his work, art, poetry and plants and can talk about that shit for hours. Daarnaast is hij meestal wel wat stiller en neemt hij niet veel ruimte op, al kan hij er niet tegen als hij iemand iets fout ziet doen. Dan is hij arrogant genoeg om ze tegen te spreken en het werk zelf over te nemen. Omdat hij uit een gezin van lage klasse komt, zijn zijn manieren ook niet altijd wat je zou verwachten van een universiteitsstudent.

Ik ben op zoek naar: (dingen kunnen best gecombineerd worden)
    - Iemand waar hij close mee geworden is toen hij naar Saint Agnes kwam
    - Een hele goeie vriend die hem meegesleurd heeft in Julians cult en waarmee hij een maand of twee geleden in de clinch kwam
    - Een geest uit zijn verleden / iemand die op de hoogte is van wat er zich vroeger heeft afgespeeld en aan zijn duister kantje trekt
    - Of andere ideeën idk man, hit me up

Niet helemaal wat je bedoelde waarschijnlijk, maaar Julian zelf zou Charlie waarschijnlijk erg mogen - dus evt heeft hij hem zelf naar de cult gesleurd als één van de eerste mensen? Julian really appreciates smart people with academic interests and would likely respect Charlie a fair lot

[ bericht aangepast op 28 jan 2024 - 17:24 ]

obsessive rage

inktzwart schreef:
    (...)

Niet helemaal wat je bedoelde waarschijnlijk, maaar Julian zelf zou Charlie waarschijnlijk erg mogen - dus evt heeft hij hem zelf naar de cult gesleurd als één van de eerste mensen? Julian really appreciates smart people with academic interests and would likely respect Charlie a fair lot

Jaa, jawel kan best! Ik kom je weer in je GB stalken lol

help

MT ^^

MT. Ik ben klaar met mijn personage — kan nog steeds paar dingen aanpassen. Ik zal haar vanavond posten c: