• The Pirates of Tortuga

A man, a pirate, is in Tortuga in need of a crew, because the last crew died of fighting and deseases.

Everyone in Tortuga is busy doing their own work and had their own reasons to start a pirates life. So when the word about a man, who wanted a crew, reached their ears, they immediately decided to sign up.
    This is how the crew of the Black Sirene came to a stand.
    Before they begin their journey, the captain wants to test them. He sends them out to find a treasure from a legend to get them to work together as a team. Will they achieve their mission?

Role

Name
    Age - at least 20
    Characteristics
    Appearance
    History
    Extra

Characters

Captain - Blade Mahir Lynston || 36 || Male || 1,5 || Magnus
    Right hand of the Captain - John Delahaye aka Blackwood || Unknown || Male || 1,2 || Lolicia

- Marina Elizabeth Elwyn || || Female || 1,1 || Illicit[/i]
    - Billy James Bainbridge || 25|| Prisoner || Male || 1,3 || Rasalhague
    - Briar Elisabeth-Rose Memphis || 22 || Female || 1,3 || Sherrinford[/i]
    - Asilah Sinead Salomn || 32 || Female || 1,3 || Morticia
    - Ceasar Julius || 25 || Male || 1,3 || Agadir
    - Oliver Hornigold || 21 || Male || 1,5 || MikeGClifford

You can also be a prisoner on the ship.

Rules

- Spoken and written in English.
    - Minimum of 250 words.
    - Your English does nog have to be perfect, but do your best.
    - 16+ is allowed, but put a warning in your post when you do so.
    - More characters are allowed, but don't neglect your characters.
    - No Mary and Gary Sue's, nobody is perfect.
    - Keep it realistic.
    - No fighting, keep it friendly.
    - No piracy.
    - If you have any questions, go to me or Lolicia.
    - Only we open the topics unless we ask someone else.

[ bericht aangepast op 30 sep 2015 - 21:22 ]

It's not that I don't love our little talks, it's just... I don't love them. ~ Loki

Agadir schreef:
    I would love to join in, may I take the role of one man and one woman please? Just one man is fine too :)

Do you think you can play both of them? Not that you neglect one of the characters, because there goes a lot of work in this.

Don't walk. Run, you sheep, run.

Challenge accepted.

A dream is a reality you can create

Agadir schreef:
    Challenge accepted.

Haha, it was more a question if you can play them both and don't neglect them. If Magnus gives you approval, then I think it's good too.

I can. Magnus?

A dream is a reality you can create

Appearance

Name:
    John Delahaye aka Blackwood. Mostly people call him by Blackwood and not his birth-name.
    He is known for his good and handy sword arts.

Characteristics:
    Blackwood keeps his life to the 'pirate code' and often risks his life to help others, especially for the Captain. He always has a nonchalant, cool appearance that makes someone wonder that he don't care about anything, but deep down he is working out every detail and plan. However, with a clever trick or saying he can use you for his dirty work or his own purposes. So, watch out for this sly man. He can be an eye candy, but he sure is cunning.
          He can if he wants, talk much, but he does not, however; only if there is a woman in the neighborhood - a real woman. He has nothing with a flat body with no figure. Though he has one eye, which by the way is seeing really well, he sure likes to look at the ladies - too good. Indeed, he sees himself as a womanizer, but is unable to enter into a long term relationship. Often it also means that he get chased by a horde dumped women or that he gets a few slaps in the face. He can't get used to it really.
          He is a good swordsman, he always trusts on his physical strength. Blackwood may shoot well with the gun, but is better at sword fighting. He is also known as the King of Sword Fighting - a title which he often used to get the young ladies in his bed.
          Blackwood mostly looks like a rather drunken man. 'Bumboo' (grog), rum, beer, he drinks it all in one shot and he needs it to function somewhat normally. So he gets very cranky, infuriating - crazy as it were - if he finds out that there is no alcohol on board. You can say that a bottle alcohol is his best friend - you never know when he gets sober.
          Besides his liquor bottle he always has a cutlass in one hand and a gun in his belt.
    Blackwood is someone who is known to say smart, wisecracking comments in any situation and then comes out with an easy sword fight. With him, everything must be done immediately and if it takes too long it can cost you a few body parts. His comrades know that he can be a very cold and unemotional person in these situations. Because he is known to his comrades to be the unfeeling, changing character - he has no idea of love - the nights he spends with young ladies obviously do not count, because this only is considered as 'lust'.
          He looks up to the captain and is willing to work long life for him. Blackwood is obsessed with treasures that have something special. Of course, the gold and jewels are always good - but he has always had something to do with the 'supernatural'. Something that he is always looking for something new, something that places him higher up the rank from the pirates. Maybe that's why he has a mysterious curse on him..

History
    Starting at an early age he became an orphan. His parents had left him and placed in a cold alley as foundling. He has not ended up with slave traders, but worse than that - or not, depending on how you look at it.
          Pirates. Right. He was taken by a female pirate who had raised him, maybe that's a reason for it that he's so flirtatious with the ladies. But that aside, he remained there until he was 18 and has learned everything a pirate should know. The codes, dealing with the rifle (especially swordsmanship) and know how to play it sneaky. He did not know better than that and only knew that it was not his real mother when he left. He came to know only when he left the ship.

In those years he has already established himself early in his status as the 'swordsman' everybody now knows. Some feared him, but others tried (unsuccessfully) to take away his title.
    Although he already saw a lot of the world, yet he wanted to explore the world on its own. It was a female pirate who had mercy on him, approved and deposited him on Tortuga. There he learned all the other things, the women came here at the turn. He was at the beginning a good man who was faithful to the woman, but he went with other pirates who gave him the wrong example. This was also one of the reasons he did not know better. He rarely came on land and now he was on land, it was like a new world opened up all by himself.

21 years. He learned the intricacies of life in Tortuga. He was for several years not a pirate, but blacksmith. He made swords, sabers, heart catchers, etc - in all shapes and sizes.
          He became sick of life. He wanted his sturdy legs back on a ship. And those thoughts made him so mad that he drunk that night in one of the more famous pubs. That was the same night that he heard that crew members were searched and he was one of the first to show up.
          And now he is no longer going to be on land. Or there must be a damn good reason.

Extra

[ bericht aangepast op 7 sep 2015 - 17:16 ]

Agadir schreef:
    I can. Magnus?

I actually just put a hold on the girls until there were more boys, but I will inform you when you can get a girl once again - if you still want a girl too then. Though I will reserve a man for you.

It's not that I don't love our little talks, it's just... I don't love them. ~ Loki

Other volunteers who are up for this fantastic roleplay? c:

If I had credits I'd put it in the spotlight. :/

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.

Lolicia schreef:
    Other volunteers who are up for this fantastic roleplay? c:

Yes *-*
    I had my doubts at first...But then I was like, why the hell not.
    Can I have a male character? A prisoner...If I may.

Forget the risk and take the fall...If it's what you want, it's worth it all.

Hey. Is it okay if I join later on?

Le Beau n’est que la promesse du bonheur | Will you dance, dear Emma? | page 28

Fillion schreef:
    Hey. Is it okay if I join later on?

Later on, meaning?

Morticia schreef:
    (...)
    Later on, meaning?

I don't know for sure yet. Why? Would it be a problem?

Fillion schreef:
    (...)

Well, I don't see a problem in it, but then again: I'm not the topic starter.

Fillion schreef:
    (...)

Later on, as in; You don't participate in the beginning of the role play and join later on? Cause that would be okay with me. I don't know what Lolicia thinks?

@Rasalhague; Fantastic! I will put you on the list. Nice that you choose for a prisoner. c:

Magnus schreef:
    (...)

Later on, as in; You don't participate in the beginning of the role play and join later on? Cause that would be okay with me. I don't know what Lolicia thinks?

@Rasalhague; Fantastic! I will put you on the list. Nice that you choose for a prisoner. c:

Yeah, something like that. Thanks. That way, I'll read & learn before I have to write myself.