• The Pirates of Tortuga

A man, a pirate, is in Tortuga in need of a crew, because the last crew died of fighting and deseases.

Everyone in Tortuga is busy doing their own work and had their own reasons to start a pirates life. So when the word about a man, who wanted a crew, reached their ears, they immediately decided to sign up.
    This is how the crew of the Black Sirene came to a stand.
    Before they begin their journey, the captain wants to test them. He sends them out to find a treasure from a legend to get them to work together as a team. Will they achieve their mission?

Role

Name
    Age - at least 20
    Characteristics
    Appearance
    History
    Extra

Characters

Captain - Blade Mahir Lynston || 36 || Male || 1,5 || Magnus
    Right hand of the Captain - John Delahaye aka Blackwood || Unknown || Male || 1,2 || Lolicia

- Marina Elizabeth Elwyn || || Female || 1,1 || Illicit[/i]
    - Billy James Bainbridge || 25|| Prisoner || Male || 1,3 || Rasalhague
    - Briar Elisabeth-Rose Memphis || 22 || Female || 1,3 || Sherrinford[/i]
    - Asilah Sinead Salomn || 32 || Female || 1,3 || Morticia
    - Ceasar Julius || 25 || Male || 1,3 || Agadir
    - Oliver Hornigold || 21 || Male || 1,5 || MikeGClifford

You can also be a prisoner on the ship.

Rules

- Spoken and written in English.
    - Minimum of 250 words.
    - Your English does nog have to be perfect, but do your best.
    - 16+ is allowed, but put a warning in your post when you do so.
    - More characters are allowed, but don't neglect your characters.
    - No Mary and Gary Sue's, nobody is perfect.
    - Keep it realistic.
    - No fighting, keep it friendly.
    - No piracy.
    - If you have any questions, go to me or Lolicia.
    - Only we open the topics unless we ask someone else.

[ bericht aangepast op 30 sep 2015 - 21:22 ]

It's not that I don't love our little talks, it's just... I don't love them. ~ Loki

I'm not home this weekend, just so you all know. (:

Forget the risk and take the fall...If it's what you want, it's worth it all.

I updated the whole list and am almost finished with my character, which I will place this weekend here. Please, if you do not have finished you role yet, do that as quick as possible then, because I want to start the Roleplay within a few days. Cause otherwise this Roleplay is going to die.

It's not that I don't love our little talks, it's just... I don't love them. ~ Loki

Sorry maar ik denk dat het toch beter is als ik mijn rol laat vallen aangezien ik de laatste tijd echt geen inspiratie heb voor RPG's. :c

" icarus had loved the sun, and so daedalus lost his. "

Markey schreef:
    Sorry maar ik denk dat het toch beter is als ik mijn rol laat vallen aangezien ik de laatste tijd echt geen inspiratie heb voor RPG's. :c

Shame, but I understand. I will remove you from the list. You can, of course, also participate in the beginning and if you still don't have inspiration, quit. But that's up to you.

Sherrinford schreef:
    ‡ Briar Elisabeth-Rose Memphis ‡
    22 Years old (quite young for a pirate, but her father was 'in the bussiness') • Elisabeth-Rose is her real name, yet it remains to be unused • Prisoner

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Briar is probably the most stubborn pirate (and human being for that matter), that you will ever meet, it knows no boundaries. Her pride is also a participant in this matter. In stands in the way of ever admitting that she makes mistakes, or that she's ever wrong. Her perkiness gets her into fights often and is also a reason she's still held prisoner at this ship. All of this does have a good side, as Briar never betrays anyone. Loyalty is essential in Briar's character, she'll never betray friend or foe and holds the pirate rules in high regards. When someone manages to break the unwritten laws or betrays one another, she never, ever forgets. It's an incredible sin to Briar.
    Still, giving in when she knows someone is right in a discussion, would be a more likeable feature for the pirate, but she's too proud to admit she makes mistakes - and thus work on it. Giving in to someone ('Oh, you're right' or 'I'm sorry, I made a mistake'), is what Briar sees as weakness, also, because it means you were wrong from the beginning.
    All of this wouldn't be such big of a deal, if it wasn't so out of proportion. As you have just read, Briar is too proud.

Furthermore, Briar is very streetwise and not very kind. She learned how the dark side of the world from a very young age and sometimes, this gives Briar a more pessimistic point of view, even though she's very optimistic from heart. This street wiseness leaves Briar with very little patience when there's someone who doesn't know how everything works. Briar hates explaining things, especially when she has to do so multiple times.
    This with the exception of children. Briar loves children, even though she doesn't want them yet (herself). It's also very much hidden beneath the surface, but Briar never got much attention from her father when she was a kid and unconsciously, Briar wants to give the kid a better childhood than herself. It's like a wicked transformation: when working with children, Briar becomes patience itself and acts lovingly towards it.

Briar likes to play with humanity, although she doesn't really like manipulating people. She's too honest for that, but she does know how to do it. Forgiveness is not in Briar's vocabulary and she will never forget your mistakes, which actually is a bad trait. The world is very black and white to Briar and she finds it hard to find the grey part in between. This brings me to her arrogance, which she possesses. As you might've noticed, Briar is a bit fiery.

Living with Briar is quite the challenge. She's rude, harsh and loud, but once you understand how she works (kind of, Briar never reveals herself fully), she's honest and funny. If you like dark humour, that is. Briar's jokes consist of cynicism and sarcasm a lot, but if you like that, you'll learn to appreciate her eventually. Briar also knows how to keep a secret, which is part of her loyalty complex (yes, it's so extreme it's become a complex) and is very trustworthy overall. When Briar's on your side, she will fight with and for you, even if she has to die trying.
    Last, but not least, like said above, Briar is honest and tells things like it is. Of course this can come across of as rude, but Briar doesn't even mean it that bad. It's what she is. Briar is a person of the extremes, not the in-betweens.

Briar has dark, wavy brown hair, which is very thick and quite long. It can be unpractical at times, so Briar has the habit to make a knot or a ponytail with it when she finds it annoying. She often wears the 'stereotypical' pirate clothing (as seen in the pictures), but her unconditional favourites are her hat, the white off-shoulders top, the black-ish corset and best of all: the long leather jacket and the bandana which she sometimes wraps around her hat. This is the outfit she's been wearing for the last few months, as she hasn't really been out to get something else (you know.. As a prisoner and all). She wears tight black trousers and long leather boots.
    The necklace is a present from her father (she always wears it). It seems kind of eccentric, considering the fact that Briar is religious until a certain extent, but she wears it melancholically, even though she detests that kind of nostalgia. The only accessories she has more, is her shoulder bag and very rarely earrings (which can be either long things or big rings). She's been wearing them more and more lately.
    Briar has bright green eyes and quite a pretty face. She's rather tall for a woman in that age, around 1.75 cm. She often holds herself in a very arrogant position, although it's faltered a bit over the months imprisoned. It's not gone, however, not at all. It's impossible to break Briar Memphis.

Briar practically grew up on a boat. Her father Davy was the cruel captain of the Damned Emerald and Briar has always followed him on his travels, which made her a mascotte to the crew. It was very safe, as many saw her as their own daughter. Briar's mum was murdered quite shortly after Briar's sixth birthday, but Briar was already accompanying Davy by that time. This also, because Briar was in constant danger, being the daughter of a very vicious captain. Davy never loved Elizabeth-Rose (Briar's mother) enough to let her travel with him. This imminently had her death as a result.
    It was all very twisted, but Briar grew to accept that faith and past. She loved her mother unconditionally, but Briar soon tried to forget about her grief (using a lot of bad coping mechanisms) and succeeded in this. Some parts of her held her father responsible, but her father was all Briar had and she learned not to think about it too much. I do not want to fore-shadow anything, but Briar has never come to accept her mother's death and holds herself responsible for a bit. Thinking about it, feels like cutting open a raw wound to Briar.

Briar grew up along side the crew and she was the right-hand of Davy (many called him Davy Jones, as he was so successful in hijacking ships). Once, the ship got hijacked by the VOC (multiple ships, at least five) and in that epic battle, Briar saw her father get killed, right before her eyes, felt his blood clatter on her face. That day, Briar saw her life-long friends die and it turned her bitter.
    This all happened in May and marked the end of the best period of Briar's life.
    From there, it all went downhill. She was captured by the VOC on her sixteenth, only because she seemed like a pretty enough woman to marry and soon, a life was planned out for this pirate. She was to marry an official, but was kept locked up for a long time.
    Briar was incredibly stubborn and unwilling and kept protesting. This resulted in the cancellation of the marriage, and instead, she was to be hanged for her crimes. A week before all of this could take place, an attack on the town happened and through the hiatus, Briar managed to escape.
    From then on, Briar hopped from ship to ship, offering herself as an experienced crew-member wherever she could be of help. As a woman, this was hard and Briar came across many nasty situation. This resulted in fleeing from ships in the middle of the night, fights on board and more horrible plights I will not expand on now. Eventually, she boarded the Sanctum, a pirate ship which was good for a longer stay, and Briar and had already stayed for two months before she got attacked and imprisoned on a new ship. It was never very worthy to Briar, and she never felt quite at home like she felt on the Damned Emerald. However, it was at sea and good enough, until she was imprisoned by another ship: The Black Sirene.

Briar's ready to set sail!

Tijd voor koffie.

May I join yer hardy crew, cap'ain Magnus?

Bowties were never Cooler

CalTHood schreef:
    May I join yer hardy crew, cap'ain Magnus?

Aye, you may join the crew who sails the heavy seas, if yer can handle it, says the right-hand from the C'tain Lolicia (now Herakles).

Don't walk. Run, you sheep, run.

Could I be your navigator(stuurman), right hand and/or cap'ain?

CalTHood schreef:
    Could I be your navigator(stuurman), right hand and/or cap'ain?

Magnus is already the C'tain and I'm the right hand, but I think the navigator is already chosen.. I don't know for sure.

You could be the dude on top, watchin', although that'd be boring, seeing the lone nature of the job. Maybe the one that makes sure that the workers do their jobs?

Tijd voor koffie.

The guy in the crowsnest who taddle tales to the cap'ain... Seems fine with me

All right, I've been stalling. I need to work on my darlin' character sheet pronto.
    . . . I'll do it tomorrow, promise.

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.

Morticia schreef:
    All right, I've been stalling. I need to work on my darlin' character sheet pronto.
    . . . I'll do it tomorrow, promise.

Pinky promise-promise?

@CalTHood: And that's okay with me. C: Did you want a guy or a girl?

A lad, please

What's the year?