• The Pirates of Tortuga

A man, a pirate, is in Tortuga in need of a crew, because the last crew died of fighting and deseases.

Everyone in Tortuga is busy doing their own work and had their own reasons to start a pirates life. So when the word about a man, who wanted a crew, reached their ears, they immediately decided to sign up.
    This is how the crew of the Black Sirene came to a stand.
    Before they begin their journey, the captain wants to test them. He sends them out to find a treasure from a legend to get them to work together as a team. Will they achieve their mission?

Role

Name
    Age - at least 20
    Characteristics
    Appearance
    History
    Extra

Characters

Captain - Blade Mahir Lynston || 36 || Male || 1,5 || Magnus
    Right hand of the Captain - John Delahaye aka Blackwood || Unknown || Male || 1,2 || Lolicia

- Marina Elizabeth Elwyn || || Female || 1,1 || Illicit[/i]
    - Billy James Bainbridge || 25|| Prisoner || Male || 1,3 || Rasalhague
    - Briar Elisabeth-Rose Memphis || 22 || Female || 1,3 || Sherrinford[/i]
    - Asilah Sinead Salomn || 32 || Female || 1,3 || Morticia
    - Ceasar Julius || 25 || Male || 1,3 || Agadir
    - Oliver Hornigold || 21 || Male || 1,5 || MikeGClifford

You can also be a prisoner on the ship.

Rules

- Spoken and written in English.
    - Minimum of 250 words.
    - Your English does nog have to be perfect, but do your best.
    - 16+ is allowed, but put a warning in your post when you do so.
    - More characters are allowed, but don't neglect your characters.
    - No Mary and Gary Sue's, nobody is perfect.
    - Keep it realistic.
    - No fighting, keep it friendly.
    - No piracy.
    - If you have any questions, go to me or Lolicia.
    - Only we open the topics unless we ask someone else.

[ bericht aangepast op 30 sep 2015 - 21:22 ]

It's not that I don't love our little talks, it's just... I don't love them. ~ Loki

CalTHood schreef:
    What's the year?

Okay c: I have to make an agreement with Magnus first. We'll let you know C:

Don't walk. Run, you sheep, run.

Name Oliver Hornigold, son of Benjamin Hornigold
    Age 21, 19 September
    Characteristics Oliver is a cheerful open hyperactive boy, to the point that it's actually quite annoying at times, without a care in the world and a strong sence of selfworth. He has a tendency to do the most crazy stuff, without an apperant reason. Usually no one even asks him what he's doing because of it. He's a reckless kid, stubborn and open to any plan or adventure, to learn, to have fun, or just for the heck of it. The truth is that you have to take him the way he is, rudeness, weirdness, hyperactivity and all, or you better leave. This is why he loves the sea and the pirates: You find your place and no one judges you for anything. He is neither quiet, nor well behaved, and if he has something on his mind, he'll most definitely make sure his voice is heard. He has been raised to have respect for his supiriors, and he has, but he is a punk from the streets of a pirate town, so what do you expect? Oliver is a hopeless optimist, the hoper of farflung hopes and the dreamer of impossible dreams. It's a boy who knows wht he wants and has the determination to get what he wants, however impossible. His childhood wasn't an easy one, but he was loved and makes sure everyone knows they're loved aswell... As long as they deserve it. He can be the sweetest kid ever, to the people who deserve it in his eyes, eventhough he has some weird ways of showing it. If you can look past that, he's an extremely cuddley, caring, and extremely excitable puppy. He's loyal to a fault, especially to his friends and family, trusting and willing to do anything for his loved ones and his shipmates. Just don't try and abuse his trust, or his willingness to help, because he's a boy who holds grudges long and fierce. This is also a side enemies get to know. He has he fire of a Spanish matador and the ice of the Nordic ocean. His firey, a cold-hearted killer, vengeful and has no problem to kill someone if he needs to. He'd rather spare a life, take the person prisoner, and bring it back to a place to get some money, instead of killing.
    When he's feeling down or lonely, he will climb up to the highest point he can reach in a short time, and play violin, just to get his mind of things. Afterwards he'l be the childish boy again trying to lift everyone's spirits. He's the glue that keeps a crew together, the one everyone can connect to in one way or another, if it's annoyed, loving, or friendly. He just wants everyone to get along, even if it seems impossible at times, because onl then he truely feels at peace.
    Appearance Oliver has always been a skinny prick. He has some muscles, but he's always been plain thin and not very tall. His expressive features are pointy and boney, fairy like. His hair is reddish mousey brown and always messy. It can't seem to be tamed, just like the boy himself. His eyes, lined with long lashes, are dark, bright, and always gleaming with something untangible, which taken with the boying smile on his thin lips never predicts something good. Oliver's skimpy pale body has always been in rags, and will probably always be in rags and old weathered clothes, which make him appear even thinner than he actually is. He has had a few pairs of shoes over the years, but prefers walking barefoot. He wears two belts across his body, that hold his weapons. He has a manchette, which is his main weapon and the one he's most skilled with, a small handgun, and some throwing and skinning knifes. He also has a fishing knife in the waistband of his trousers, just in case of problems. He has tried to learn how to propper swordfight, but the long swords never fitted correctly in his hand, while the manchette and smaller knifes fitted great.
    Oliver has an extremely weak wrist, which comes from a couple of old injuries he rather doesn't talk about. He weards either just a bandage around his wrist, or also partly around his hand, depending on the kind of day it is and how much his wrist is bothering him. He can still fight with this arm, though he's a lefty, so it's not hi main fighting arm, but when his wrist isn't bandaged and immobalised, his arm is useless and quite to very painful.
    History Oliver was born and raised in Tortuga. His mum is the barmaid of The Sunk'n Norwegian, one of the busiest taverns in the piratetown. The landlord's a bastard, so to get some extra money his mum was also a whore. This is how she became pregnant with Oliver. Due to the fact that she didn't do it often, only when times got tough, she knows who Oliver's father is. The feisty lady raised her son in the small room above the tavern. He has been in the tavern and on the streets of the town from an early age, which shaped him even more. He, for example, played All Fours with mates and captains, when he wasn't even 10 years old, amusing everyone in the tavern. He really loves his mum, who taught him almost everything he needed to, though she was working long hours and he had to keep himsef busy. She even taught him to primally read and write. It's far from perfect, but it's better than being illiterate. He really wanted to read, but books are expensive and rare in the town. His other passion is the violin. He won an old violin during his third All Fours-tournament in which he was allowed to take part. He has been playing the thing vigorously since that day, sometimes till his mum was so annoyed that she took it away from him. THere has always just one career in his mind: becoming a pirate. The idea of being a captain never even crossed his mind. His dream is to be a Sailing Master and/or a Quarter Master. So when he was 16, he signed up to the crew of the first Captain who wanted to have him. He'd never even been on a ship, at least not legally, or knew what was expected from him, but he's a smart kid, with a will to learn and with ambitions. He gives his all to almost everything he does, if it's playing the violin, playing cards, or working on a ship. He started as a Powder Monkey, and worked his way up , through Rigger, to Mate, the apprentice to the Sailing Master, which he became just a month before the crew was dissolved. He loved his job, eventhough he still has dreams for the future. He still did some of the Rigger's jobs, and was usually found high up in the masts and on the spars, but he was also allowed to watch, and sometimes even help, the Sailing Master do his jobs. He still plays his violin sometimes and always goes to visit his mum when they're docked in Tortuga. The Captain of this ship died in a barfight with the Quarter Master, and the crew was dissolved. He enjoyed being with his mum again, but the craving to return to the big blue is extremely strong.
    Extra Oliver has signed up as a Rigger once again, and expressed his hope to become the Sailing Master's apprentice.
    Oliver still owns his violin and loves to play songs he heard in the tavern and songs he made up himself. He knows he can annoy the shit out of everyone, but it's one of his greatest loves of his life, apart from the sea.
    Oliver's wrist is a touchy subject, both fysically as mentally. It started with a bad break when he was a youngster. It was set, but not completely correct, which already made it his weakspot. When he started at 16 on a ship as a Powder Monkey, he once tripped down a flight of stairs, during a battle, which gave him a lashed and broken wrist again, which was set and mended worse than the first time. Halfway through healing he was struck with a bad infection, which hurt like hell and meant he had to be left behind on the Cape of Good Hope all alone, with the thought they'd pick up a body to bring back to his mum on their way back. The doctors at the Cape were able to patch him up, but it was a terrible ordeal, including insomnia, hallucinations, and no one to comfort the child in him. When he was picked up again, everything seemed to be okay, he was able to work again, though he had to bandage his wrist on bad days and had a rather ugly scar running down his hand and arm. It was all fine, untill a few weaks into his apprenticeship with the Dailing Master, a few days before they would dock in Tortuga. He fell down the mast from the crowsnest. He was able to safe his life by grabbing some ropes and spars, but he bashed his wrist so badly that the Ship's Doctor had no cue what to do and he had to wait to get to the town to get it fixed, which hasn't helped him much. Now he has worked in the tavern for a while, but even not using his wrist a lot for a while, didn't really work like it did before. He can still climb and fight, but never leave his wrist unattended or be careless with it, or he'll be in agony for some time. He hates it and some days, especially the bad days, he rather chop his hand right off than live another day with the thing that reminds him of everything he can't do and all the pain it's caused him over the years.

[ bericht aangepast op 24 sep 2015 - 20:45 ]

Bowties were never Cooler

Maybe a handy website, mateys

I'll finish the boy in the morning

[ bericht aangepast op 23 sep 2015 - 20:15 ]

Blade Mahir Lynston

A captain, he presumes.

I didn’t chose a pirate’s life, a pirate’s life chose me.

• Name –

Blade – Wealthy Glory
    Mahir – Skilled
    Lynston

• Age –

36, birthday unknown.

• Gender –

Male

• Innerlijk –

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking permission.

– Sarcastic
    – Demanding
    – Fair
    – Rude
    – Irritated
    – Can't stand waiting
    – Respectful
    – Takes good care of his crew
    – No prejudices
    – Trustworthy

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.

• Appearance –

– Tall, 1.89 m.
    – Dark blond hair, slightly curly.
    – Muscular
    – Sharp face contours
    – Scar on the left side of his face, on his cheek, big, from his cheekbone to near his mouth.
    – Serveral scars
    – Green eyes

• History –

Blade grew up in a family of nign. His mom died at a young age, she died when Blade was fourteen. He's de oldest of the family, after his father. Blade was also the only child who is a boy, he has seven younger sisters.
    In a certain way it was hard for him to grow up in that family, but he loved his sisters and father very much. Because of his sister he learned to respect girls and that's why you will never see him discriminate a girl. Though Blade does not talk about them, so almost no one knows about his sisters. His crew at least, does not know.
    Blade's family was not poor, but also not rich. They lived a normal life. His father was often working and was very little at home. Blade looked after his sisters en protected them when needed. That's why he began to train, he wanted to protect his sisters if they were in need.
    His family was religious, though he himself does not really have a religion.
    When he was twenty, his father died due a building collapse at his work. From then on Blade was the breadwinner. After a while, when his sisters were all mature, he decided to make money on a ship.
    More events happened in his past of which he would not like to talk.

• Extra –

[ bericht aangepast op 6 okt 2015 - 19:49 ]

It's not that I don't love our little talks, it's just... I don't love them. ~ Loki

Crappy character description, I know, but I hope you get where I'm going

CalTHood schreef:
    Crappy character description, I know, but I hope you get where I'm going

I shall read it tomorrow, but the length looks very good - I have to say matey haha.

Don't walk. Run, you sheep, run.

Thanks, quarter master

[ bericht aangepast op 24 sep 2015 - 19:54 ]

Is there any idea when the roleplay's going to start? (:

Tijd voor koffie.

[CalTHood became MikeGClifford]

Sherrinford schreef:

Hopefully soon.

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.

Sherrinford schreef:

I actually wanted to open it this evening.^^

Yay!

YES.

Tijd voor koffie.

Sorry. I might come across as a bit.. Overjoyed - But I simply haven't roleplayed at all lately, and everytime I decided to join one, they'd all stop before something even happened. This just seems like a fun one c:

[ bericht aangepast op 30 sep 2015 - 20:23 ]

Tijd voor koffie.

Sherrinford schreef:
    Sorry. I might come across as a bit.. Overjoyed - But I simply haven't roleplayed at all lately, and everytime I decided to join one, they'd all stop before something even happened. This just seems like a fun one c:

Hahaha, no. It's nice and fun to see someone so excited!