• † † †

† † †

† † †

1866, Weston, West Virginia

The Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum for the mentally ill was founded in 1864. Since then it has had a reputation of beholding the worst of the worst. Between the walls of Trans-Allegheny die many souls who are buried in the gigantic graveyard on the edge of the grounds. It is told to be haunted with bad luck and everyone who is locked up inside, won't ever leave the grounds. Dead or alive. Now in 1866 the asylum has been reopened, after it was closed for several months due to a particularly gruesome murder inside its walls. Eight clients have been transferred from different other asylums to spend the remaining of their insane lives in Trans-Allegheny, but it is not only walls that holds the clients inside. According to the rumors, the doctors who have been appointed to take care of the clients aren't quite sane themselves. Welcome to the horrors of Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum.

R O L E S
    DOCTORS
    † Killian Theodore Cliffwood • Ian Somerhalder (narcissist) // Lizor
    † Edward Isaac Jones • Iwan Rheon // Shireen
    † Norman Richard Galloway • David Gandy (drug addict) // Miall
    †
    † Katherine Williams • Scarlett Johansson (sadist) // Macabre
    † Elaine Ophelia Hershey • Kristina Romanova // Shocker
    † Adaline Ruth Baker • Elizabeth Olsen // Viraha
    †

PATIENTS
    † Charles Alexander Madkins • fc • Paranoid Personality Disorder // Lachesism
    † Henry Nicholas Reign • Daniel Bederov • Major Depressive Disorder // Viraha
    † Lukas Heathford • Arthur Daniyarov • PTSD // Marlow
    † Jethro Niclas Hayes • ? • Borderline personality disorder // Scythe
    † Lilith Stanbury • Violet Ell • Schizophrenia/ED // Macabre
    † Anastasia Florence Chau-Se • Daul Kim • Dissociative Identity Disorder // Lizor
    † Therese Scottsman • Lorde • Hysteria // Shireen
    † Dorothy Margaret Crawford • Cora Keegan • Bipolar // Miall

T O P I C S
    † Roletopic
    † Chattopic 1, 2
    † Playtopic

S T A R T E R
    It is early in the morning and the patients arrive at Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum. The doctors and nurses are ready to examine them completely before they get showed to their small rooms. The patients aren't allowed their own possessions in and have to walk around in pre scripted clothes. They have to wear white pants - men - and a long ankle skirt - women - with an elastic band instead of a fly and a white blouse.

R U L E S
    † There is maximum of two roles.
    † Only Macabre and Lizor make new topics.
    † Posts have to contain at least 250 words.
    † No fights, unless it's in character.
    † OOC in playing topic between hooks or in the spam topic.
    † 16+ is allowed.
    † Without permission you can not control other roles.
    † Don't shut anyone out and try to read the posts from others.
    † In your post you name your name, role, location and the person you role is with.
    † No Harley Quinn's or Tate's.
    † Take the year into consideration when you pick a face claim.
    † And above all; have fun!

[ bericht aangepast op 18 jan 2017 - 17:09 ]

My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.

MT.

I, Tahani Al-Jamil, shall do my level best to make every event too much.

Miall schreef:
    MT.

A girl who wonders.

MT

how dare you speak of grace

MT

I just caught the wave in your eyes

MT!

"When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed.''

Norman Richard Galloway

Doctor — 35 years old — examine room — x

No one is free, even the birds are chained to the sky.

I smoke another cigarette while I wait for the patients to arrive at the Asylum. It's early in the morning and my head feels like it can explode any minute now. I might have had too much alcohol last night and I sure feel the consequences. But I need to oppress my headache to properly function to examine the patients that will arrive soon.
          When I hear soft voices down the hallway, I step out of the room and look at the timid human beings getting ready to continue their lives here at the Asylum. They're notorious for what illnesses they have and for what they have done to others and themselves. I'm interested in them, I want to know what keeps them up at night, I want to try to help them cope. Cope with their conditions, even though it might be very hard to get them to trust me.
          I see that the patients also notice me now, but I don't even move a muscle. My eyes follow their every movement and I brace myself for potential agression and screaming. I know these people are very, very disturbed and I'd like to live another day or two, if I can and if they allow me.
          I know this docile behaviour is only just a facade. I know what they suffer from, I am aware of their past and I won't believe anything else other than what they show me now. At the moment, I want to get them to trust me and hopefully they will. I can be very ruthless and rude when somebody doesn't do what I want them to do, and I don't want to be the bad guy, even though they might think I am one. They should know who their boss is, they should listen to me — and the other doctors and nurses of course — and behave like I want them to. I don't want to be unpleasant, but when I lose my temper, it's done.

[I've made better posts but hey, ok]

Katherine "Kath" Williams
    Nurse • examination room

Whilst Kath swiftly and hastily buttoned her tight blouse she shot a glare in the mirror, touching up her red lipstick; most of it was now on Killian's body, anywhere but not on her lips. The young woman quickly ruffled her fingers through her curls and didn't even look at her colleague when she left the office; she simply used him, that's all. And she wanted him to feel that way.
    As the clicking of her heels echoed through the hallway Katherine brushed her tongue over her teeth, making sure there were no stains of her lipstick; she had to look perfect. First impressions were everything; she had to gain the trust of the patients. Once Kath arrived Norman caught her eye; she briefly nodded and then turned herself to the patients. God, they looked disgusting. She tried her hardest to not to grimace and straightened her back a little, lifting her chin as she observed the crowd.
    "Dorothy Crawford," Katherine said, voice confident and loud, still looking for one of the patients she was assigned to. "Dorothy Crawford," she said again, louder this time, and eventually met the gaze of a young, blonde woman. The nurse fearlessly walked up to the crowd, lacing her slender fingers around Dorothy's upper arm.
    "Come with me, sweetheart. We'll just run a few tests and then I'll show you to your room, alright?"
    Katherine's voice sounded sweet and comforting, but her wicked eyes saidsomething else. And truth to be told, she couldn't wait to ruin this girl's life, and more lives to be followed.

D E A T H is such a flirt. . .

[ bericht aangepast op 14 nov 2016 - 13:43 ]

Dorothy Margaret "Dot" Crawford

Patient — 24 years old — examination room — Katherine

I will end you! I will fucking end you!

I've only seen feet and parts of legs during my 'transportation' to the Asylum. I didn't want to look at anyone, I just ignored everybody and continued with my own life. Why I am being replaced I still don't know. Nothing's wrong with me, I reckon.
          Everything just goes by in a blur and before I know, I hear my name being called out. Dorothy Crawford. I finally look up and meet the gaze of a young woman, dressed in a nurse's outfit. Is she...
          Before I even can form a proper sentence in my head, she walks up to me fearlessly and her fingers grasp my arm firmly. 'Come with me, sweetheart. We'll just run a few tests and then I'll show you to your room, alright?' she tells me. She sounds sweet, but I learned to trust nobody. I want to pull away my arm from her tight grasp, but I'm not even capable of doing that. I nod quickly and follow her into one of the small examination rooms.
          'I'm Dot, not Dorothy,' I finally manage to utter when we're alone and I quickly glance up to the woman. I want to be called Dot, not Dorothy. That name is just too posh and I know I'm not posh. At all. I just feel terrible and I want it to go away.

Katherine "Kath" Williams
    Nurse • examination room • with Dot

The girl followed Kath obediently and once they were in an examination room, Katherine slammed the door shut.
    "I'm Dot, not Dorothy," the patient muttered, causing Katherine to arch a brow.
    "Dorothy..." she said, making clear that Katherine wouldn't follow the rules of her patients. Patients, for God's sake. They were beneath her. "...Take a seat." The woman gestured to the examination chair. Meanwhile she turned around, grabbing Dorothy's file to quickly read through it.
    Suicidal tendencies. Mania. Aggressive behaviour. Katherine smirked a little; this could be a funny one.
    "When did you last injure yourself?" she asked the girl, turning on her heels and heading towards her patient.
    She took off Dorothy's shoes and socks, lifted her blouse a little to make sure she didn't hide any objects in the elastic band of her skirt and even asked Dorothy to open her mouth - it was a standard procedure. Even though the patients were thoroughly checked, Kath liked to make sure they didn't manage to sneak anything with them.
    "Do you know when you were last in a state of hypomania? Did you take any medication before you came here?" Katherine fired these questions at her patient, not really giving her time to answer. Once she was done with searching her, Katherine stepped back, frowning a little as she still awaited her answers, clicking the pen she was now holding. She really had no patience and wanted to move on with it as quick as possible; the sweet facade was already somewhat vanishing.

D E A T H is such a flirt. . .

Anastasia "Stas" Florence Chau-Se
    “My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.”

24 • Dissociative identity disorder • Examine Room • Doctor Galloway

Yet another Asylum. Am I ready for this? I wonder when I get out of the wagon and get taken through the gigantic entrance gates. A golden plate says Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum. Lunatic was it now? That is not very nice is it. It used to be more polite, mostly to hide what was really going on between the walls. Something like mental hospitals so ashamed family could still speak about it without anyone knowing they had a lunatic in the family. They aren't right however, I am not a lunatic, I am just Stas from Canada. There is nothing wrong with me. I get sent to a tall guy that is standing in front of what appears to be an examine room. Swiftly I walk towards him until I stand so close that I pretty much invade every amount of personal space he has. I look up at him and hold my hand high as to shake his.
          'I am Anastasia Florence Chau-Se, sir, but most call me Stas. How do you do?' I ask and I shake his hand. 'Can I go in now? Yes? Okay?' I walk swiftly past him and look around in his examination room. I start picking up random stuff as I walk through the room and examine them. Is he going to stick this in me? I hope not. That would hurt awfully.
          'Sir? Is it okay if I call you sir? What are we going to do now? I am hungry, can I eat? And where can I find my room? I want to decorate it,' I sum up and I look at him with my head slightly tilted to the right. I am wearing a thin white skirt and a blouse that I've gotten before I went it. I am wearing my grey woolen socks that I sneaked along and in my hear is an ornament in the form of a grasshopper. I love those animals.
          'Can I sit?' I ask and then sit down on his chair.

My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.

EDWARD • ISAAC • JONES

'I advise you to shut it right now, because I don't want to hear anything
    coming from your mouth until I grant you permission to speak.'

Even though I had to admit that the smoke of my cigar floating closely in front of my face did slightly impede my sight, I couldn't help but notice the poor state these people were in. My left hand was inside the pocket of my trousers, locking a clipboard with some paperwork against my side with it. In my right hand, I held my cigar, close to my lips, ready to take another whiff, as I watched the group of patients, diminishing with every person that was taken away into a private room for examining. I knew that it was my turn to take away the first fresh patient that was on my list, but for now I just watched them all for a bit.
          There were mainly girls standing there, mostly a bit younger than me. Just a few men, but one girl constantly seemed to catch my eye. It didn't surprise me that when I called the name on my list, she -who would do well putting some more flesh onto her bones- would have to come forward.
          'Lilith Stanbury,' I read from my list. Yes, it was quite clear to me which one she was, even before she reacted to the call. The picture that was on the file resembled her impeccably, with cheekbones just as defined as they seemed now.
          I moved my lids slowly as I looked up to her, my eyes piercing hers fiercely but a bit squinty, which probably made it turn into an already examining look. I took another large whiff of my cigar, blowing out the smoke upward and into my own face through both mouth and nose.
          'Alright. Come with me, girl.' I gestured for her to follow me, as I put the clipboard underneath my arm again and walked towards my examination room. I opened the door to it swiftly and held it open for her to enter.
          'You may take a seat in front of the desk and then I will be asking you some questions.'

'It's still a man's world, darling...'

how dare you speak of grace

Dorothy Margaret "Dot" Crawford

Patient — 24 years old — examination room — Katherine

I will end you! I will fucking end you!

But she didn't listen to me, she's just calling me Dorothy again. I want to be called Dot, not Dorothy. I want to tell her again, but I don't even have the opportunity to express my wishes to the nurse in front of me, because she asks me to sit down and she turns around, her back towards me.
          I'm quietly awaiting her next move, I watch her, but when she turns back to me, I glance back at the floor beneath my feet.
          'When did you last injure yourself?' she asks me, but I don't even answer. I don't even know what I'd answer, to be honest. She suddenly starts taking off my shoes and socks and kind of tries to undress me, I assume to check if I didn't bring stuff I shouldn't have brought. We were thoroughly checked before we even came here, so I don't really understand why she's doing this. Just as I was planning on pushing her hands away from my — MY — body, she stops and looks at me straight again. That's when I react quickly by looking away.
          'Do you know when you were last in a state of hypomania? Did you take any medication before you came here?' she then asks, but again I don't know what to answer. I just shrug and shake my head quickly.
          'Can I leave?' I ask her immediately after her question and I step on the ground. I want to get my shoes and socks and leave, now. I'm going crazy in here, between these four walls.

Norman Richard Galloway

Doctor — 35 years old — examine room — Stas

No one is free, even the birds are chained to the sky.

With a pack of files in my arms, I ask for 'Anastasia Florence Chau-Se' and a foreign-looking girl comes walking towards me immediately. She stops right in front of me and starts talkig to me, introducing herself to me. I have to admit I'm just a bit fluttered by her behaviour, but I shake if off and walk inside. I close the door behind me, leaving Stas and me alone.
          'Sir? Is it okay if I call you sir? What are we going to do now? I am hungry, can I eat? And where can I find my room? I want to decorate it. Can I sit?'
          Before even answering, she already sits down on my chair and I walk towards her. I've had it now, she's my patient and she should live by my rules.
          'That,' I tell her, while pointing at another, much cheaper — chair in the room, 'is your chair.' I place my hand on the back of the chair and I wait until she finally stands up and walks away from me and my side of the desk.
          After that I decide to examine her. I have to check if she didn't take stuff with her she shouldn't have taken, if she didn't hide anything underneath that wide dress she's wearing.
          'If you'd like to take your socks off and take your hair pin out of your hair and hand them to me,' I order her when I look at the grasshopper-ish thing in her hair. The patients aren't allowed possessions and I have to follow up those rules, and of course I will. She seems a bit surprised with my reaction, but I hold out my hand, waiting for her to hand me her few things. 'Today, if you will, Miss Chau-Se.'

[ bericht aangepast op 14 nov 2016 - 22:49 ]

HENRY NICHOLAS REIGN

24 • Depressed/Suicidal • Patient

I feel tired. No, exhausted. Tired is the good one these days, I remind myself. Tired means I can still function, interact and only have to fight an intense urge to seek the nearest bed and allow myself to sink away in a deep sleep for several hours. Exhausted, on the other hand, means nothing less than suffering – a need for it all to stop; one way or another.
          It’s not that hard to see what has caused this utter lack of energy, making place for painful desperation. I – with many other strangers – was forced to leave my previous asylum, for this new unknown one. Not that I was so emotionally attached to it, it simply was comfortably numb. The nurses and doctors knew what to expect, and I had to do nothing more; only having to make one promise. One I, unfortunately, broke the moment I tried to kill myself after an all-to-memorable depressive episode. And now I’m here, because I was too moronic to cut any deeper and gave them an opportunity to save me, once again.
          Without realizing it, I’m pulling and messing with the bandages around my wrists, trying to stop an irritable itch. Not that I’m really allowed, I’m supposed to leave it on until one nurse or another competent human being takes the time to take a look at my failure to die. Heh, sucking at dying. That must be a new level of utter disappointment.
          For merely a second a crooked grin appears around my lips, laughing at my own inside jokes – though it manages to disappear just as quickly, as I’m following a stranger towards an examination-room. Can’t get my room before being depleted of my lost shred of energy, apparently. So who am I do deny these new doctors the pleasure of figuring out what’s wrong in that messed up head of mine?
          The moment I enter, I take a seat – waiting for the stranger to appear, all the while let my finger glide over and over one of the cuts on my wrists, making it bleed just a little bit.

[ bericht aangepast op 14 nov 2016 - 23:07 ]

A girl who wonders.

Lilith"Lily" Stanbury
    Patient • schizophrenia • examination room • with Edward

Lilith curiously looked around; she wasn't happy to be here, but anything was better than home. She's had no experiences with treatment centers yet so she couldn't really loathe it, and the presence of Charles somewhat calmed her down.
    Lily had tried her hardest to separate herself from the group, needing some more personal space - being too close to others made her feel horribly anxious. As she wiggled a little on her feet her big, brown eyes looked around, fingers plucking at the band of her skirt.
    Once her name echoed through the room the girl froze for a moment, quickly turning her head to the source of the sound; she met the gaze of one of the doctors. He seemed intimidating and somehow she felt a bit uncomfortable as she walked up to him, wrinkling her nose when she smelled the smoke.
    "He seems nice, doesn't he?'' Charles whispered in her ear, causing Lily to shake her head lightly, only noticeable to those whom paid attention. "Yes, yes he does. Smile."
    Lilith forced a small smile onto her lips, but didn't manage to speak. Once the doctor told her to come with him she obeyed, following him into the room.
    "You may take a seat in front of the desk and then I will be asking you some questions," the man said, so the girl sat down after she orientated herself a bit.
    "Okay, no problem," Lilith mumbled, trying to sound as polite as she could, not knowing how to handle situations like this. Charles stood behind her, placing both of his hands on her frail shoulders as the young woman kept her eyes on the doctor, following his every move.

"Even hell can get comfy once you've settled in."

[ bericht aangepast op 14 nov 2016 - 23:15 ]