• Treasure Chests

All That Glitters Isn't Gold

Magic: It's still very much alive in this world. Warlocks, masters of this magic, still live among us, hidden from Human sight. A few centuries ago, a strong warlock made a very strange discovery. When too much magic manifests in an infant's body, it crystallises in the infant's chest in the form of a gemstone. These 'Gem children' grow up as very sickly babies before turning into very strong humans. The warlocks did not care for the child and killed it to harvest the gemstone from its chest. For a while, the warlock was the most powerful of his kind thanks to the raw power of this gemstone. Then his secret came out.
    Ever since, the Gem children have been ruthlessly hunted down. Rare as they are, they already face extinction. Not all Warlocks could be bothered to hunt for this power. And this was how the Hunters were created. Humans were chosen to be charmed with a special strength, and they were blackmailed into doing the Warlocks' dirty work. This was easy until one exceptionally strong Warlock, Raisa Romaine Dvornikov, build a house and charmed it to protect the Gemchildren. Any gemchild was welcome, but Hunters would be unable to breath when they crossed the threshold into the building.
    This RPG follows the gemchildren, the warlocks, their hunters and their stories.

RPG Rules
    1)English only
    2)6 line minimum per post; (12 minimum if you have two characters in the post)
    3)2 characters maximum;
    4)Anything unrelated to the RPG in the chat topic;
    5)No killing a character without permission of the owner;
    6)No 'perfect characters'. Each character must have a few flaws;
    7)Wait 2-3 posts before replying again;

Rules related to Gemhearts
    1)They must have one personality trait that related to their Heartstone; (Find the list of traits here)
    2)They can only use their special ability when they are holding a stone similar to their heartstone in their hand;
    3)They are either taken into the protection house by Raisa the Warlock, or they hear about it and find it themselves;
    4)They are allowed to leave the protection house, but it is dangerous.

Rules related to Warlocks
    1)Warlocks don't just snap their fingers to use their magic. They use long spells, runes and potions to achieve their goals;
    2)They are not all powerful.;
    3)They can't bring people back from the dead.
    4)Warlocks can track the movements of their Hunter, but not read their mind or anything.

Rules related to Hunters
    1)Hunters are normal non-magical people who get blackmailed by the Warlocks to kill Gemchildren.
    2)They wear an enchanted necklace which gives them more strength than normal Humans and helps them tell Normal children from Gemhearts.

Roles:

Gem Children
    1) Female – Diamond – Bella Lumière – Shinibubbles
    2) Male – Lapis Lazuli – Lazu Markl – Escritura
    3) Male – Black Onyx – Fiyero Gabrielle Arch – Theodora
    4) Male – Amethyst– Julian Rowland – Yoda

Hunters and Warlocks
    1) Hunter – Female – Jazlyn Ophelia Delaney – Tortura
    2) Hunter – Female – Aerilyn Suraya Guangco – PlagueRat
    3) Hunter – Female – Blake Skyler – Ubiquitous
    3) Hunter – Male – Jaimes Avril Ashley – Escritura
    4) Hunter – Male – Alois Amboise – Hashirama
    5) Warlock – Female – Raisa Romaine Dvornikov – Shinibubbles
    6) Warlock – Female – Rosemary Aventurine Albus - PlagueRat
    7) Warlock – Male – Izan Alvaro Ruiz – Tortura
    8) Warlock – Male – Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze – Theodora

Story!

Chat Topic!

[ bericht aangepast op 5 aug 2013 - 14:42 ]

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

^ I'm sorry that this post is short, but it's something. Hope you can do something with it.

Alvaro Ruiz.

Basically he should see what Blake was up to and what she was doing, but she was probably just pestering other human beings, that is something she can do very well. He didn’t have any desire to do that however, but it has been quite a while they’d seen each other, so he probably should do it. No, he was getting ready for something entirely different. He would go for a walk and enjoy the nature.
          He already had showered, put on a clean boxer and just grabbed a pair of denim jeans out of the closet when a song came on the radio – which he actually liked. His white shirt was on the bed, but while dancing he first put on the pants. Alvaro picked up his shirt off the bed and bounced his head with the music that was still on. At the very moment he wanted to get dressed in his shirt, the doorbell rang. Alvaro looked up a little bit confused, but went anyway.
          The door he opened up first and he saw that Blake stood before him. While he raised an eyebrow, he watched her from top to toe. ‘Hm, did you lost your way?’ He grinned amusingly, remembering that he couldn’t be his annoying self, so he should just be an asshole. Alvaro opened the door opening wide, so that she could come in if she wanted it. Then he, finally, put on his white shirt and smiled mischievous. ‘I believe that you are finally bringing the gems.’ It hadn’t been a question; it sounded more like a requirement. Alvaro closed the door behind her.

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

“I'm s-sorry.”
    To be honest, I am quite startled by this. Surely she knows I was joking? Well in some way I was giving her my opinion, but I most absolutely did not mean for her to take it so seriously. I know I didn’t. Is she really this insecure, this young one? I should take notice of how I phrase what it is I mean to say then, or at least make sure I laugh at the proper times so there can be no mistake about it. Perhaps I should seek some advice with Raisa. After all, aside from my sister I have had next to no experience with teenage girls. And I don’t think there are two of them the same.
    When I see tears streaming across her cheeks, slipping from under the hoodie, I feel a small panic rising in my chest. I cannot imagine my words would have gotten her so upset and what’s more disturbing is that I have no idea how to make it right. I would make another joke to ease the tension that’s almost tangible in the air now but I’m beginning to suspect it would only make matters worse.
    Gently I open the hood again and take a quick peak inside. Bella looks positively horrified. Did I do that? I want no blame for making her sad. I would hardly ever be able to forgive myself for taking a smile away from this sweet child.
    “Please, no tears,” I hear myself asking her. Perhaps pleading would fit the description better. “I cannot stand to see a woman cry, especially not such a beautiful one with such vibrance when she laughs.”
    Very slowly I push the hood down and smile at her very softly. I don’t think she’ll be surprised about my opinion, she must have been told she’s quite the looker before. She looks so exotic and yet so… so… as if she fits in perfectly here. The shape of her eyes betrays her ancestry, but it’s the depth of them that gives away that like the few Americans that have crossed my way she will take no “bullshit” from anyone. I have always wondered why anyone would choose to name something after a bull’s faeces, but that’s not the point here.
    “I’m afraid I’ve missed out on much interaction with people as young as yourself, please correct me if I vex you. Just… just tap me on the nose or something, like a puppy. I would not dream of making you sad intentionally… it would rather be a nightmare,” I think aloud. “I just might need some explanation if I do upset you, I don’t always see my errors when it comes to social behaviour. Or if you don’t want to confront me about it yourself, you just send Raisa after me. She might be my cousin but she scares the living hell out of me when she throws a fit, and I know she would throw one from here to Tokyo if I had seriously hurt your feelings.” I chuckle silently at the last sentence and softly but visibly smile at Bella. I scoot over and pull her next to me again, awaiting some kind of answer. Maybe men really do come from Mars, it would certainly explain why I’m having such a hard time understanding women. Gently I stroke Bella’s hair, losing myself in the luminescence of it once again. It’s as if sunlight is sliding through my fingers.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

“Nah, I'm alright.” She might look the part, but I’m not all too convinced. I’m going to make sure to keep an eye on here whenever I’m around her. I want her to be well enough to handle my… departure, when the time has come. I blink a few times when a finger whizzes past my eyes. When my senses have returned to me, I follow its direction.
    “There's Requiem for a Dream, by the way. Try not to give this one a swimming lesson, alright?”
    I squint at Raisa and do my best not to laugh. I manage quite well, if I may say so myself. I start poking her wherever I can reach, making sure to touch the places I know where she’s most ticklish the better amount of times.
    “Huhu, that’s funny!” I tell her in a mocking kind of voice, sounding for all the world like some cousin-molesting, tobacco-chewing redneck hillbilly from God Knows Where, Texas. I get up off her lap, but continue tickling her so she can’t get up from the chair.
    “Next time I’ll throw you in, how about that eh?” I chuckle as I pick her up and throw her over my shoulder. “Heck, why the hell wait until next time? Let’s go home and I’ll throw you in right now!”
    I start for the door, making sure to take springy steps so Raisa bounces. For someone so strong I’m always amazed how little she weighs.
    “You up for a swimming lesson, eh? I’ve got this special tactic where you stay under water as long as you can and then some more,” I tease her. When I notice some old lady looking at us as if we’re a bunch of loons that have just escaped from an asylum and she’s about to call the police, I start laughing and put Raisa down. Gently I take her in my arms and press a kiss to her forehead.
    “I wouldn’t throw you in, you wouldn’t float as long as paper does,” I tell her, whispering. Then I turn around, keeping my arm around her shoulders and look at where she pointed before I started goofing around. When I spot the book I wanted again, I gently take her with me when I go to pull it out of the case. I take a quick look around, but I can’t really focus. My mind isn’t with the books at all.
    “What else do you suppose he’d like? Lazu, I mean,” I ask Raisa. I’m sure I could pick one out and have him ecstatic with it, but right now, other than the book in my hand, all I can see are dancing bundles of paper, taunting me to try and read what they’re about.
    I can’t believe I’ve wasted so much time with my nose in a book. But then again, what else was I to do in that goddamn house? If I had let myself get closer to any of the others, this would be so much harder. I wouldn’t be able to stand here and pick a book for Lazu if I actually knew why he likes to read so much, or why he spouts quotes from every one of his books at any given time. I wouldn’t have been able to promise Bella guitar lessons if I knew why she hadn’t learnt to play before. I wouldn’t have started teaching Jaimes to shoot if I had asked him first why he wants to kill me and any other Gem is his throwing and shooting radius.
    Distance, distance is a man’s best shield.

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

-

[ bericht aangepast op 6 aug 2013 - 15:52 ]

In the end the only person we love is ourselves, that's why we choose to love someone who can please us the most.

Bella`
    “Please, no tears.” I heard him plead, looking up at him startled. “I cannot stand to see a woman cry, especially not such a beautiful one with such vibrance when she laughs.” I find my cheeks heating as another blush crept its way up my throat and covered my cheeks. I couldn't believe how this strange young-old man has crept his way into my life and have such an effect on me. Was it because no-one ever treated me like a normal human? Or was it how no-one ever called me beautiful before. Maybe it was a little of both, but being around him made my head spin and my chest hurt. But at the same time... I felt so safe with him. And to be honest, that scared me half to death.
    “I’m afraid I’ve missed out on much interaction with people as young as yourself, please correct me if I vex you. Just… just tap me on the nose or something, like a puppy. I would not dream of making you sad intentionally… it would rather be a nightmare. I just might need some explanation if I do upset you, I don’t always see my errors when it comes to social behaviour. Or if you don’t want to confront me about it yourself, you just send Raisa after me. She might be my cousin but she scares the living hell out of me when she throws a fit, and I know she would throw one from here to Tokyo if I had seriously hurt your feelings.” I blink at him startled throughout his monologue, then smile shyly. He pulled me next to him, and I contently nuzzled into his shoulder, and felt his fingers sliding through my hair. For someone who hated his own hair being touched so much, he sure as hell seemed very fond of touching mine. I thought for a minute, and softly kissed his cheek.
    “I wasn't really upset...” I murmured awkwardly. “I just...” I bit my lip, trying to explain the sudden appearance of tears without sounding like a complete idiot. I flapped my hands, before hiding my face on his neck and nuzzled him a little. “I'm not used to having a friend...” wow I was depressing sometimes. I shook my head, then smiled up at him. “You have to tell me if I ever do or say something wrong as well, okay? We'll learn together.” then I smiled and tickled his ribs gently. “I don't want Raisa throwing a fit to Tokyo unless she's being me clothes back.” that was only partially true – if Raisa ever goes Japan, I do expect her to bring me home a new wardrobe. But I don't want to get Lev in trouble with his cousin because of me. That wouldn't be very nice, even I knew that. So I wipe my eyes, and cuddled closer to him, and started to hum deep in my throat again.

Raisa
    I laugh helplessly as he starts to tickle me, and squirm around in a very un-dignified manner. Oh well, I was being tickled. I was allowed to stop being a lady while I was being tickled. It was in the rule book and anything. (Okay, I made that up. It wasn't in the rule-book. It should be though. No-one can remain perfectly composed while being tickled.) Then I scream playfully as I'm lifted and slung over his shoulder, and squirm a little bit. I was happy to see him in such a playful mood – after my depressing flash-back and train of thought, I kinda needed this to be able to be myself again.
    “I don't need swimming lessons!” I laugh. “I swim like a fish!” Another lie... Growing up in Russia meant I never actually learnt to swim. At all. And even when I moved to America, I never really felt like learning – I felt like I was too old. It'd just be embarrassing for someone my (appearance) age to have swimming lessons with little kids. Then I contently snuggled into him after he finally set me back onto my heeled feet, and smiled as he pressed a soft warm kiss onto my forehead.
    “What else do you suppose he’d like? Lazu, I mean,” I only half heard Fiyero, my mind trying to take me back to earlier times, when I was teased and bribed away from my books to join in a dance. I ran my fingers over the tomes, all books I've already read.... I automatically picked up a few, then shook my head and nuzzled into his shoulder.
    “These. I think he'll like them.” I said, smiling sweetly. That upsetting feeling that I was loosing him came back at full force, but I didn't show it. I couldn't. If I was, then he needed me to be strong for him

[ bericht aangepast op 14 juli 2013 - 0:53 ]

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

“I wasn't really upset… I just…” I watch her intently and slightly cock my head as she seems to struggle for words and expresses that sentiment by flapping her hands. I assume a poultry joke would not be appreciated, nor very well timed for that matter, so I just keep my mouth shut.
    “I'm not used to having a friend. You have to tell me if I ever do or say something wrong as well, okay? We'll learn together.” As much as I hate myself for it, I giggle when she gently tickles my ribs.
    “I don't want Raisa throwing a fit to Tokyo unless she's being me clothes back.”
    At this, I cannot stop myself from laughing out loud. This has to be about the most feminine thing I have heard from Bella so far. To be honest I had not pegged her for the type who really put much thought into her clothes, but then again I guess it would take some work and effort to look as good as she does. The fact that I have only seen her half-clothed matters little, because it looks good to me. Without really thinking about it, I wrap my arms around her when she cuddles closer to me.
    “That sounds like a very good idea. Although I think my sister would actually be crazy enough to have some clothes shipped from Tokyo for you, if it means much to you.” I tell her. “From her letters I could tell that she really considers herself your mother, even though she didn’t give birth to you. She adores all of you, and I have a feeling that I will too,” I add.
    I fall into a deep silence when I notice Bella’s humming. She has quite a high pitched voice, and I find it very… entrancing. I close my eyes and just listen for a while, almost nodding off to sleep, before I notice that the song sounds vaguely familiar to me. I slightly frown and try to remember where I might recognize the song from, but it seems that my brain is refusing to co-operate.
    “Which song is it that you’re humming?” I whisper, so as not to disturb Bella too much.
    I try to look down a little, so I can see her face. I prefer to able to look at my conversational partner, it adds a bit more depth to the conversation, in my opinion. With Bella, I must add the fact that I like to let my eyes explore her face. It seems so different with every word she says and to be honest I would hate to miss any of it.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

I follow Raisa’s graceful fingers as she lets them slide over the backs of some books. I watch them, as they carefully pick one book after another out. To be honest, to have those fingers teasing the strings of a guitar would look sinfully good. I imagine she would be able to enthrall many men by just caressing an instrument. I’m slightly startled when she speaks again, this would be mother of mine except for actual genes.
    “These. I think he'll like them,” she says, after having nuzzled into my shoulder.
    I have a look at them, and take my time reading the titles and the summaries on the back of each book. I do have to admit that they seem like books that Lazu would love to read. Silently I take a mental trip to his bookcase. I can’t remember having seen these there. I doubt he already has them. With a soft smile I decide to buy them for my blue-haired housemate. I do not have much money, but what use will I have for it when I am dead? I can’t take it with me, even if I did believe there is a place we go after we pass from this world. I don’t. I my opinion; dead is dead. There is no heaven, there is no hell. There is no God to praise or shun us. The only judgment we must pass is the one of the ones we leave behind when we go. And frankly, I would rather they hate me for being an ass, than mourn me for leaving them behind. They need not grieve me, my life has not been of such importance. That was decided for me from the day I was born. There are things in life we cannot change, and I believe this is one of them.
    “I’m sure he will,” I tell Raisa, not letting her in on any of my true thoughts right now. “What would I ever do without you?” I ask, more serious than I have ever asked her before.
    Of all things in life I am without, a home is not one of them. And I owe that entirely to Raisa. If she had not taken me in, lord knows where I may have been wandering by now. Most likely I would’ve already been dead, and not by a way of my own choosing.
    I hold Raisa a little closer and put on a little smile.
    “Now, how about I pay for these and then we can go and get pancakes?” I say, using a childish voice. To make it more convincing, I blink my eyes rapidly.

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Sho.

I am a coward. An absolute coward who's afraid of facing his own fears. How am I going to save my brother now? How am I going to face him? I did the utmost foolish thing that I could do in my situation: run. I ran until my legs could no longer carry me and until I was so exhausted that I thought I'd perish the next hour. Rosemary... the Warlock with incredible powers, the woman with her own mind and the girl who's afraid of rejection, so it seems. I will no longer torment her. I will not be a tresspasser. I have decided to make up my own wife. She does not exist, but if I fake a lie good enough, it'll become the truth soon enough. People are stupid like that.

I see a bar as sunset falls. Suddenly, I have this intense need to drink the nice taste of whisky. I'm not an alcoholic, I simply enjoy the taste of alcohol. I smirk over my own pathetic thoughts as I walk inside the pub and taking my seat at the bar.
    'A whisky please,' I mumble as the waiter gives me a doubting look. 'Not that's any of my business, but should you be drinking alcohol right now, sir?' he asks and I give him a pondering look, as if I seriously consider skipping the whisky. A young woman with bright red hair and way too much make-up takes her seat next to me and strokes my arm. 'Hey handsome, you looking fine today. Care to share a night with me?' Oh dear. And the night hasn't even begun. Can't I just drink my blues away like a normal man and have this over with? I absolutely dislike clinging women. I needed a strategy to survive this night.
    'A whisky please, and make it a double.'
    I try to shove myself away from the woman, inching a little further to the left on my bar chair as she swings an arm around my neck. I make a deal with myself to hit her as soon as she starts kissing me. 'Listen. I'm no good of a man, so it's best if you seek the company of someone else,' I say not too happily. I accomplish nothing but the contrary. She brings her face to my ear and whispers: 'A bad boy huh? I'm kind of naughty myself.' My eyes snap wide open as a hand - her hand - snakes its way over my thigh. I shove her away in a reflex and accidentally hit the guest on my left. I immediately turn around to the other guest - yet again a woman - as the redhead clears the path, grumbling and cursing.
    'I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hit you. Are you all right?' I ask to the woman, a white-haired young lady with a doll-like face and tight pants. Why am I even paying attention to her clothing anyway? And what is it with these eccentric looking people here? I feel kind of humble right now. Then something hit me. Wait a second... I investigate her appearance once more and slightly hesitantly bring my finger to point at her, totally forgetting how rude that actually is.
    'You.. you're, Jazlyn Delaney,' I state, remembering her appearance. The waiter brings my whisky and I take a sip. 'It's been some time, hasn't it?'

[ bericht aangepast op 27 juli 2013 - 0:55 ]

No growth of the heart is ever a waste

Bella
    I heard Lev laugh, and I smiled, relaxing against him. I knew it was probably because for once I said something any normal girl my age would say. I nuzzled him again, smiling. I could be feminine at times, I just wasn't usually given the chance to. Besides, Raisa ship most of my clothes from Japan. It was easier, although I often cringed at the bills if I saw them - it was painfully expensive to dress like I do.
    "I consider her to be my mother also.." I murmur, before blushing a little and hiding my face on his neck and breathing in his scent. "Forget I said that." Showing weakness was a bad thing. I was never to show weakness, as it'll always be exploited. That had been drilled into me since I was a small girl sitting on my fathers knee.
    I blinked startled when he spoke, before smiling softly and murmuring back to him. "Fais do do... My papa used to sing it to me when I was little, and when I was sick.." Which was most of the time when I was very small, I could remember. I was constantly in bed ill with something or other until I was eight years old. I smile at him sweetly, and without realising it move closer to softly press my lips against his cheek. Then I flush, and run up to my room, remembering with keenness that underneath this hoody... his hoody, I was shirtless. In my room, I pull off the jumper, throwing it on my bed. I changed quickly into clean bra and a new shirt, and looked down at my jeans. They looked better, but still. I peeled them off also, and rummaged through my closet. I found a skirt that touched the floor and matched my shirt, and put it on. Then I tied my hair back, composed myself, and put the hoody back on. It was soft and warm, and it smelled like him still. I refused to admit how much I liked his smell, even to myself, and put my slipper boots back on before slipping back into the livingroom to Lev, smiling shyly.
    "Sorry about that..." I muttered shyly. "I just..." I twisted the belt on my skirt, and gave him an uncertain smile. "I just decided I had to change..." I hesitantly slid over to him, and snuggled back onto his lap, and nuzzled against his shoulder. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.. I like sitting like this."

Raisa
    I smiled and nuzzled up to my son again, watching him as he flicked through the titles and summaries. I decided to buy him a little book as well – just something small to remind him that I loved him. He had that sad look on his face that said that he was thinking about his up-coming death. He may think that he wasn't letting me in on his true thoughts, but I could always read him like a book - no pun intended. All of my children were pretty easy to read, but Fiyero and Bella were the easiest. I smile up at him, then my smile fades a little at his serious tone.
    "I don't know." I answer him honestly, quietly. I didn't like to think about what would have happened to my children if I hadn't found them... Or think of the children I haven't found yet.. It made me sad. I was trying to protect these precious rare children, and if I thought about what would happen otherwise... Just plain depressed me. And Fiyero was going to need me on my top game. Then I laughed softly as he fluttered his eyelashes at me, and softly smacked the back of his head. "You look silly doing that kitty." I told him, before starting to limp towards the cashier. "But yes, we'll go for pancakes as soon as you've paid up."

[ bericht aangepast op 30 juli 2013 - 13:17 ]

Jazz.

The bar where I came regularly was just around the corner, which allowed me to be named a regular costumer. With no watching around me, I stepped to the bar to take place on a bar stool. However, I just sat down on my rear end or there came someone sitting next to me, a man to be exact. Maybe I could exercise my lustful pleasures this night with him.
    Ah no, some broad with a face like a coloring book is now ruining that for me. I knew I wished to quickly.
    With a far too cliché opening she starts against the dude next to me, and I pull my nose somewhat because of this. Can it get any worse? Please, give me a bucket, so I can puke, I think as she starts whining.
    ‘Vodka,’ I murmur annoyed by the two next to me, with a look at the man behind the bar. He gives me a short look, while a half-grin began to play on his lips.
    ‘Get that from your face very quickly,’ I snap at him, when I got it, and with a very deadly face.
    Just when I turned my face a little, I shudder at the scene before me; the woman just kinda throws herself at him now. Holy fuck, crossed my mind, even I am not so desperate. I’m even more lady then she is, and that says something. With gritted teeth that she can get her chance to get laid, and not me, I pick up the glass vodka and drink it all in one go.
    After that I got me a sudden blow, it ain’t normal. Now I’m even more pissed than I came here. As a result I put the glass with a hard blow on the counter, whereupon I turned towards him. It didn’t break, fortunately.
    ‘I’m sorry, I did not mean to hit you. Are you all right?’
    ‘Watch out, you stupid, you can hit your girlfriend next time, yeah?’ It wasn’t even a question, I was agitated as fuck. My brown eyes now have the opportunity to inspect the guy, since therefore I wasn’t paying attention. He seemed to trigger my mind a bit, but as he pointed his finger at me, it seemed like he recognized me also. Although I slapped his rude hand away.
    ‘You… you’re Jazlyn Delaney,’ he said, and after that he took a sip of his whiskey. ‘It’s been some time, hasn’t it?’
    ‘Jazz,’ I corrected him instantly, with a dead glare. ‘Don’t call me Jazlyn, ever again.’ I sighed and looked him up and down with a judgmental look in my eyes.
    ‘Sho, hm, shoulda known,’ A grin came on my lips, while I looked him in the eyes again. ‘You still wear that shitty clothes of yours, I see.’ I mentioned as a observation.
    ‘No one ever told you pointing at someone is rude?’ I referred to earlier. I lick my lips as I ask for another vodka and turn my head slightly towards him.
    ‘Whatcha doing here? You already turned in your gems, or what?’ I asked curiously, although it was a lot softer because of the people that were here. I don’t need eavesdropping people. I took a sip, whereupon I moved my lips together.

[Hopefully you can write something for Sho with it... Shitty, I know.]

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

I must admit that the feeling of her hot breath against my neck makes me shiver a little. It makes me feel a little of the fact that I am no longer wearing my own hoodie. But I would rather have her feeling sheltered and covered, so I decide not to start feeling awkward about it.
    "Fais do do... My papa used to sing it to me when I was little, and when I was sick.." I softly nod, thinking what a shame it is that I know not a single word of French. It seems to me that she is referring to a lullaby, but otherwise I have no clue as to what the words mean. Before I have time to finish that train of thought, Bella surprises me with a kiss on my cheek. Then she astounds me even further by getting up and running away. Completely baffled, I stare at her, as she dashes up the stairs.
    When she is out of my sight, I slowly shake my head, trying to wrap my mind around what has just happened. I press my fingertips to the spot where her lips have touched my skin but stop myself before I can start grinning. I must not think of Bella like that, she is my sister’s daughter, which makes her family of mine too. And what’s more, she is young. I need not bother her with my past, I must not steal her future. No, I’ve come here to protect her future, to ensure she has one. Hers and her brother’s. I lean into the sofa and rub my face. My journey here has been long, and I’m starting to grow tired. Decide to close my eyes for a while, and ask Bella later why she ran away. A soft smile of contentment rests on my lips. I am just nodding off, when a voice disturbs my slumber.
    "Sorry about that… I just… I just decided I had to change..."
    I open my eyes again and swallow slightly against the rising lump in my throat when I behold Bella. My eyes follow her graceful movements as she makes her way back to me. Hesitantly I slide my arms around her waist as she settles back onto my lap.
    "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.. I like sitting like this,” she says. I nod quietly and pull her a little closer.
    “It’s alright, Kukla,” I tell her, letting my gaze drift over her new outfit. Immediately I am bombarded back into a time when women wore nothing but skirts that covered their ankles, like Bella is now. My mind is showing me many memories of ballrooms, filled with beautiful women, waiting to be danced with. Raisa. Raisa, laughing and staying close to the young Anastasia. Dancing. Dancing with Raisa, dancing with my sisters and mother.
    I blink away the tears I feel welling up and look at Bella again.
    “Why, don’t you look like a perfect little Tsarina,” I whisper.
    Gently I lift her up and get on my feet. Then I put her down, and put her left hand on my shoulder. I take her right hand in my left and hold them up, whilst putting my right hand on her waist. Slowly and carefully I waltz around the room with her, leading her into the right steps.
    Very quietly I sing a song I distinctly remember from my younger days. When I notice Bella has gotten the hang of it, I am confident enough to look up from my feet and look her in the eyes instead. How I wish I could share the splendour of my teen years with this one, how I wish.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

My Gem skips a beat when I see how serious Raisa’s face is becoming and immediately I feel a pang of guilt. I know very well that she isn’t stupid or blind, and surely must have somewhat of an idea that something is going on, that something is about to happen soon.
    My gloomy mood eases away a bit when Raisa softly laughs and smacks me on the back of my head. I blink at her, startled by the latter gesture.
    "You look silly doing that, kitty." She explains, before walking to the cash register. "But yes, we'll go for pancakes as soon as you've paid up."
    I enthusiastically -a bit too much even- dig up my wallet from my back pocket, forgetting that I was carrying Lazu’s new books as well, sending them scattered across the floor and dropping my wallet out of sheer surprise. I bend over to pick them up as quickly as possible and clumsily carry them over to the counter, where I drop them again, earning myself a sceptic look from the sales girl. I smile sheepishly and shrug, not really knowing what to say. When she smiles back, and winks, I raise an eyebrow. Slowly her face starts to morph to Jaimes’, and I find myself blushing at the thought. I simply stand here and stare at her/him. My lips follow every movement of the lips I know aren’t really Jaimes’, but this daydream is so reluctant that they still look like his.
    “Sir?” I blink again, abandoning the image of Jaimes’ face and feeling angry with myself again for thinking of the guy, again.
    “I’m sorry, what?” I ask the cashier.
    “That’ll be twenty nine dollars fifty-three, please,” she repeats herself.
    “Yes, of course,” I answer, opening my wallet. “Excuse me,” I tell her as I give her thirty pounds. When she gives me changes and hands me my bag, I put the coins into a donation can on the counter. I hate coins.
    I’m too embarrassed to look at the girl as we leave, so I just wrap my arm around Raisa’s shoulders and turn around to exit the shop.
    “D-Don’t ask,” I tell her. I feel no need whatsoever to explain to Raisa about what just happened there. She needn’t worry about this. “And I am not a kitty,” I add. “I’m a tiger. Raawrr,” I continue, making a claw with my hand.
    I softly smile at Raisa and sigh as we walk through town. I wonder when I’ll have the time to write something in Lazu’s books without anyone noticing. I’ll probably have to do it at night, when the rest is sleeping, and sneak them into his room when he is out or downstairs. In any case, I don’t want him to notice my message before I’m gone.
    A genuine smile creeps upon my face when we enter the pancake house, and my stomach starts to growl with fervour. I feel almost giddy at the smell of the food. I rush up to the counter and order about three pancakes for everyone in the house. I order fruits on the side and ask if they could give me some fresh whipped cream in a cup. Once again I earn myself a weird look, but I don’t care. I want pancakes and I want to share them. Impatiently I wait for my order, almost bouncing with excitement. I hug Raisa and whine,
    “It smells so good in here,” dragging out the last word.

Well here it is, added a few thinks he maybe could react to. Hopefully it will be easier now to write something (:

Blake Skyler
    Blake bit her lip while waiting, when suddenly the door opened. "Hm, did you lost your way?" he asked her and though he sounded amazingly friendly, Blake couldn't help hating him even more when she saw him and rolled her eyes. As if she would, she had been living here for a pretty long time now and knew almost every corner of every street.v She glanced at him when she stepped inside. "Maybe you should try putting on a shirt before opening the door, or a guy would try forcing you into some gay butt sex. Don't think you'll be grinning like that anymore if that happens," she said. You couldn't ignore the fact that he was handsome, especially when shirtless, but that didn't take away the fact she hated him. She didn't have a specific reason, but she had hated him since the first moment they had met. He was a warlock and able do to some magic tricks, so why didn't he go and find the gem children himself? He was capable of a lot more than she was, but she guessed all the Warlocks were just some lazy assholes feeling high and mighty.
    She had just put out her cigarette, but standing inside his house made her want another one. Seeing Alvaro already triggered her angry bitchy self who she always tried to suppress while around Warlocks. Blake sighed and took a cigarette. "You don't mind if I smoke, do you?" She didn't wait for him to answer and lit up her cigarette. "Well, I don't care if you do actually," she mumbled, the cigarrete hanging between her lips.
    "I believe that you are finally bringing the gems." It wasn't even a question, the way Alvaro said it made it clearl that it was a demand. Sucks for him, she thought, not feeling sorry for him for the facht that she still didn't have any gems. Still, it made her nervous everytime she had to admit. First of all, she hated failing, even when it annoyed the Warlocks and secondly, her brother. "Well, about that.." she started while turning towards him. She didn't like being ordered around, neither did she like the fact that he had closed the door. It made her feel imprisoned, but sadly enough there was nothing she could do about it. She was on his territory now. "I didn't quite achieve.. Well, anything yet." The more words rolled over her lips, the more muted they became She shove her hands into her pockets and looked away. It was harder than it she thought it would be. There was basically nothing much she could do, at least she couldn't come up with a plan good enough to succeed. She couldn't enter the house, they didn't leave the house and the necklace would always be visible happily showing who she was. "You know," she started after being quite for a few moments, "it would be a lot easier if you pulled off some magic tricks." She now looked right at him. It wasn't the first time she came up with the idea of using magic, but somehow they had never tried it. The Warlocks wére able to use magic, weren't they? So she always expected Alvaro to be powerful enough to at least make here necklace invisible. That would be a great help and she was sure she would at least come in contact with the gem children if she didn't have a necklace to reveal who she was. They only needed to be lured out of the house and she could just talk to them, without being recognized within a minute.
    Blake started walking around the house and shamelessy took the time to take a look at everything. She even picked up a few things, hoping it would annoy him, since he deserved it. She stood still in front of a few photos and blew some smoke out of her mouth. She watched it escape and vanish into nothing in the air, feeling evious for a brief moment that she couldn't go up and dissapear like that. "Oh wow, look at this," she said amusingly, "so you do have people you care about. Say what, do they come around a lot or were they already taken away bij Warlocks?" Her voice soundede bitter as she said the words and she snorted once more. "Well, I hope they were, cuz it serves you well," she added in a softer voice this time. Really, he deserved it and the day it would happen couldn't come too soon.

In the end the only person we love is ourselves, that's why we choose to love someone who can please us the most.

Bella
    I watched him swallow, and smile a little. Why did he do that? It wasn't like I looked all that pretty. I mean, I was wearing his hoody and a long skirt. Nothing special really. I was more confused that I didn't get that reaction while walking around in just my bra and jeans. Was I that un-attractive? Quickly, I force those thoughts away before I start to cry again, and I smile shyly as I feel his arms tighten around my waist. I heard him, but then I saw from his eyes that he was no longer with me. I recognised the look – Raisa wore it quite often whenever she thought no-one could see her. It was a look that meant that they were back in Russia in their minds. He didn't look as sad as Raisa usually did though, however when he looked back up at me there was tears in his eyes. The sight cause my heart to clench painfully in my chest and my breath to catch.
    “Why, don’t you look like a perfect little Tsarina,” I heard him whisper, and feeling my cheeks heat up again. God damnit why did he keep doing this to me? I knew what a Tsarina was – the wife of the Tzar. Raisa had taught us all in the ways of the Russian courts when we were smaller. It was a happy time, although when Raisa put us to bed afterwards, she could be heard crying silently in the living room for a few hours. Then suddenly I was being lifted up, and he placed my hands as though to dance. I blink, and hesitantly waltz with him. It'd been a good few years since I danced – mostly because in order to really waltz, one needed a partner. But Lev was a strong leader, so I fell into the familiar steps easily. It was different dancing with Lev then it was dancing with Raisa or Julian or Fiyero. I heard him sing softly, and I smiled a little. I recognised it. It was what Raisa always sang to any of us if we got ill, or couldn't sleep. She'd come and lay next to us, and sing to us softly while stroking our hair. I memorised the lyrics because I was always cuddling up to her during the night when I had nightmares. Before I could stop myself, I found myself joining in quietly, not missing a step of the dance.
    “Kto-to pel pesnyu mne, v zimnii vecher kogda-to, slovno v proshlom ozhilo. ch'ih-to berezhnyh ruk teplo.. Val's izyskannyh gostei I beg lihih konei.”

Raisa
    I laugh as in his excitement, Fiyero dropped all of the books. I bent over and ignored the wolf-whistling I got. I picked up half the books, and walked over with him the checkout, where he promptly dropped them again. I laughed, and hugged him lightly. I look at him worriedly when he spaces out on me, and I lightly shake him. When he wraps his arm around my shoulders, I wrap mine around his waist and lean my head on his shoulder lightly.
    “I wasn't going to.” I informed him. “If you want to talk to me, I'm here. But I'm not going to make you talk if you don't want to.” then I giggled and softly smack his paw. “You're still my little kitty cat Fiyero, and I love you.” I kissed his cheek softly with a smile.
    The walk through town was short, and soon there was a loud rumble from Fiyero's stomach and I looked at him startled. He was at the counter and ordering before I could realise that it really was his stomach. I laugh as he hugs me tightly and bounces excitedly.
    “I know it does” I laugh softly, ruffling his hair affectionately. “And just think, soon the house is gonna smell like this.” I nuzzle his shoulder, and hum. It was nice to think about things like this – filling the house with the smell of pancakes, laughing together... I blink back tears when we get the pancakes, and take the bag. “I don't trust you with this.” I tease him. “Pancakes don't recover from being dropped the way books do.” I nudged him with my elbow and gently pulled him home. I was excited about having the first family evening, and I hoped everyone else would like it.
    At home, I smiled as I peeked into the living room and saw Lev waltzing around with Bella, both of them singing Once Upon a December. I smiled, and dragged him into the kitchen.
    “Why don't you go find Lazu and Julian?” I asked him.

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

I must admit I am a little surprised when Bella joins in, without falling out of step. Her Russian is impeccable. I find myself utterly amazed, and stunned into complete silent. Once again, I can hear the bells ringing in her voice, and instead of sending me back in time, this youngster has brought me into the present more than anyone else would manage.
    It is as if Bella and I have entered a ballroom that is completely our own, and for a moment I do not want this dance to ever end. I can see the illustrious chandeliers, I feel my feet sliding as if the floor were just polished and I can hear the orchestra. Bella is no longer wearing a skirt and my hoodie, but a beautiful golden gown to match the colour of her hair. I am no longer wearing only trousers, but an entire costume made of the finest fabrics.
    I am lost once more, in her eyes, when I look at her. Raisa has done so well raising this one. If only she were born closer to when I was, if only her future would be bright and hopeful, if only I could -
    Before I am able to withhold myself from the action, I slide my hand over to her lower back and pull her closer to me. I lick my lips and swallow hard, frowning a little, while I bring my face closer to hers. And then finally, it seems to have taken me eons, the moment has arrived that my lips touch hers. I take in the sweet taste of her as if I could capture it and keep it in a box that I would carry with me the entire time.
    As the music fades, my mind slowly returns to me. Only when it’s too late do I realise what I have done. No. I must not do this to her. I must not want her heart for myself. I must not desire her as if she were not my sister’s daughter. This is wrong.
    Whichever magic had taken hold of me before, it is gone now and the graveness of my error becomes very clear to me. I blink, startled by my own actions and try to force back the tears. Yet there is a part of me, a noticeable part, that wishes it could regret the kiss I bestowed upon this youth in front me, but feels not the slightest remorse for actually having done so.
    I open my mouth to let my soul pour apologies into hers, but before even the first vowel has escaped from my lips, I am mercilessly tackled to the ground. As I am completely taken by surprise, my reflexes are slow, and my attacker knows well to take advantage of this fact. Not having gotten the chance to get to my feet, I am grabbed by the arm Bella has bitten and dragged out to the yard. I vaguely hear the boy shouting, but somehow it does not seem to be addressed to me. I am struggling to much for my freedom to pay attention to the words. I one slick movement, I manage to kick his legs out from under him, but he turns out to be fierce –and probably very upset- as he knocks me down just as quickly. I try to kick him when he grabs my hair, but it is to no avail.
    Not much later, my face breaks the surface of the water and I gulp in some of chlorine tasting water. My hair hurts, and I feel my anger rising. Just as the boy yanks my head up again, I grab hold of him using my legs and try to flip us over. Only a kick on the bottom prevents me from executing my plan and sends me into the swimming pool instead.
    When I have reached the edge, and try to crawl out I am merely kicked in again. I struggle for air, as the stomp hit me right in the chest. I spit out the water I accidentally took in and shoot my aggressor an angry look.
    “Fuck you! Don’t you dare looking at me like that, you sick old bastard!” he shouts. “You leave my sister alone eh!”
    With those words, he heads for the door and slams it shut behind him, leaving me to get myself out of the water and to deal with my guilt. As I sit myself down on the edge, I bury my face in my hands. I deserved this beating. I should have never stolen that kiss from young Bella. I’ve been taught better than this. Even though she would have every right to, I hope Raisa will not send me home, but give me the chance to make my apologies to Bella. I want to set things right.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

“I know it does. And just think, soon the house is gonna smell like this” I whine again, like a little puppy, at the thought of the house still smelling this good long after all the pancakes have been eaten. It will be downright torture. I am just about to convey my emotions when the little bell is rung to indicate that my pancakes are ready. I immediately let go of Raisa and rush over to the counter, where I excitedly slap a bill onto it, before I try to grab the bag only to find out that Raisa has beaten me to the punch. When I pout at her, a look of surprise in my eyes, an explanation is given.
    “I don't trust you with this Pancakes don't recover from being dropped the way books do.” I chuckle at this and grab the arm Raisa used to elbow me with and let her drag me out of the store for a change. I happily walk next to her. It is not a long way home, but when we get there I only have seconds to hear Russian sounding music coming from the living room, before Raisa fervently drags me into the kitchen. I don’t think about it too much, and yank the bag out of her hands, to put it on the counter and start unpacking the deliciously smelling treats. Just when I reach to get plates and some bowls out of the cupboars, Raisa stops me by asking,
    “Why don't you go find Lazu and Julian?”
    I cock my head and sigh. Well, she’s probably right for sending me to fetch them, or there might not be any pancakes left by the time she gets back with my brothers. I shrug, with an innocent smile, and dash out of the kitchen. I run halfway up the stairs and then decide I am too excited to actually go look for them, and choose a different, quicker, but equally effective manner to get them into the kitchen.
    "Get your tiny asses down here, eh! And hurry or you’ll have no pancakes! And we got them for you, assholes, so you better get down here like, yesterday!” I shout at the top of my lungs, before jumping down the stairs again. Then I decide to invite whoever’s in the living room as well. I open the door without knocking, and immediately my good mood vanishes. I am treated to a sight that makes my heart pound like a drum in pure aggravation and makes my nostrils flare as if smoke and fire will come out of them any second now. That fucking git has his lips on Bella’s mouth! Who the hell does he think he is, to come barging in here and just kissing my sister like that?! Has he no respect for her at all? I know I’m not the nicest person to roam this house, but I don’t go molesting people! Before I am able to stop myself, I roll up my sleeves and take a little sprint before I leap onto Lev, bringing him to the ground. When he’s down, I grab him by the bandaged part of his arm, hoping to hurt him by squeezing hard enough. Then I start dragging him out of the living room, and into the hallway. Just before I leave the room, I turn my attention to Bella and raise my voice.
    “You go sit your ass down in the dining room, I’m not done with you either. Has Raisa not taught you better than to stick your tongue down some stranger’s throat? Fuck’s sake!”
    I turn around and continue dragging my kicking victim outside. He manages to get me down once, but I quickly recover. I’m not great at fighting, but right now I’m fuelled by pure adrenaline. It’s probably the only reason why I’m actually standing my ground against him too. When we get outside, I decide to help this horndog cool down, by dipping his face into the pool. I keep him there for a few instants and yank him back up. We briefly struggle, but eventually I manage to kick him in the water. I make sure to put enough force into it. He had no right. When he resurfaces, he has the audacity to glare at me.
    “Fuck you! Don’t you dare looking at me like that, you sick old bastard! You leave my sister alone eh!” I spit at him. After one last look of contempt, I turn around and go back inside, not caring much for the door. I directly storm into the dining room and let my rage loose at Bella.
    “What the fuck were you thinking eh?!” I demand. “You go kissing the first, the best guy that walks in here? What’s wrong with you!” I go on, making my way over to her. I grab her by the shoulders and pull her up, yet making sure I don’t use much force. Immediately I start checking her over. “Did he hurt you?” I ask, hating how much feeling seeped into that sentence.

Bella
    I loose myself in the familiar dance steps, and the pretty song… My imagination happily transports us into a ballroom like in the film Anastasia, and gave me a dress much like hers. I could ‘see’ large crystal chandeliers dangling from the ceilings, and it felt like we were dancing on air. I could ‘hear’ an orchestra, and I was enjoying every second in his arms. He appeared to be wearing a beautiful suit, complete with gloves.
    Then his hand pulled me closer to him, and I realized again that we were similar in height, with him being just that bit taller then me. I looked up at him confused, and watched almost entranced as he licked his lips, and swallowed. It was strange how much interest I was taking in all of this. I couldn’t understand why he was frowning through… It wasn’t like I was standing on his feet or anything. I hoped.
    Then his lips touch mine, and I forget how to breathe, let alone think. My lips mimicked his, and then he pulls away from me. I wince at the sudden movement, and watch him for a few seconds while he has some kind of internal battle.
    He opens his mouth, as if to apologize, and then he was tackled away from me, and a little shocked scream slipped from my lips before I could stop myself.
    Then Fiyero turns and glares at me, and I could vaguely hear him yelling at me, and I flinch away from him, tears burning my eyes. I watched Fiyero drag Lev out of the house by his bandaged arm – which started bleeding again, then I shakily walked into the living room and sat down, shaking almost as hard as when I’m having a fit. I heard Raisa talking, but the words didn’t register with me. I heard her leave, and Fiyero coming back in, and then he was yelling at me again.
    “What the fuck were you thinking eh?!” he demanded. “You go kissing the first, the best guy that walks in here? What’s wrong with you!” I looked up and watched him walking over to me, practically glowing with anger. He grabbed me by the shoulders, despite me flinching away from his touch, and pulled me up, hurting my shoulder a hell of a lot. I didn’t feel like explaining why I had a bite mark on my shoulder. Immediately he started to check me over. “Did he hurt you?” he asked me, his tone softer now. I just looked up at him, tears running freely down my cheeks for once. I hadn’t cried in years, and here I was crying my eyes out like a baby. It took me a few minutes to be able to reply to him – fear appears to freeze my tongue completely. When I could finally move my mouth, I had to lick my lips a couple of times to make sure I’d actually be able to speak without croaking.
    “I didn’t do anything.” I finally manage to get out. “It just… Happened.” At least I was telling the truth, but I saw no reason to lie to my brother. Though his intense reaction to Lev kissing me made me smile a little inside – he must actually care about me then, right? He had to if he was getting so protective and stuff over me. I look at my shoulder, and the slightly reddened plaster there. “He didn’t hurt me… But you did.” I look at him, the fear of him slowly getting replaced with a burning anger. He had no right to do what he did, but I wasn’t even sure why I was getting so angry with him. He just had my best interests at heart, I’m sure. It’s what big-brothers did, after all. Protect their little sisters. I jerked away from him, my eyes starting to go through the red spectrum again.
    “You had no right to hurt him!” I snapped at him. “I don’t care you’re my brother, you still had no goddamned right to do shit like that! I can date whoever the damn hell I like!” Then I go to stalk outside, and narrow my eyes at him and lower my voice so Raisa wouldn’t hear me. “At least I’m not planning my own death with a pretty Hunter.” Then I walked out, slamming the door hard behind me. I saw Lev and Raisa, and walked over. I sat down on Lev’s lap, and hugged him stubbornly, glaring at Raisa, who stood up with a wary look in her eyes. She went back inside, and I started to relax again Lev again. He was soaked, and I was getting drenched for the second time today while being fully dressed. I didn’t care – I needed the safety and comfort of Lev’s embrace. I feel my body slowly relax, and I closed my eyes.
    “I’m sorry about my brother…” I murmur. “I’ve never seen him like this…” I softly kiss his cheek to let him know that we were okay. “Mind you, you’re the first person that’s showed any interest in me as a person, so…” I smile at him, and snuggle more against him. I wasn’t sure why he kissed him, but I didn’t think it was going to happen again. It might just have been because he’d gotten caught up in some memory while we were dancing. Either way, the little voice in my head told me, he wasn’t going to kiss me again. The first one was probably just a mistake. I shake my head, trying to get right of that voice.

Raisa
    Fiyero’s good mood was infectious, and I found myself humming a tune I vaguely remembered while I dished up the pancakes. I heard him yelling for the boys, and then I heard him yelling some more, but it was different. I frowned as I realized that he was angry again, but I couldn’t quite pick up the words. Then I watched startled as Fiyero dragged Lev outside by his bandaged arm. I wasn’t sure what was happening, and then a very shaken Bella walked in and sat down. She was shaking so badly… Something bad must have happened, and I couldn’t fathom what that would be. Lev was much to well-brought up to attempt to force himself on Bella, and Bella would have beaten the crap out of him if he had tried anything. When Fiyero stormed back inside and started to yell at Bella, I slipped outside to make sure my cousin was alright. I found him sitting next to the pool, his clothes and hair drenched. Fiyero must have thrown him into the pool. I sat beside him.
    “Lev, what happened?” I asked him softly. “Don’t worry, nothing will make me cast you out of here.” I was bending the truth a little, as if he had hurt my only daughter, I would beat him to an inch of his life and then leave him in a gutter somewhere to slowly bleed to death. I gently touched his face.
    When Bella came through, she looked like she was going to skin the pair of us alive, and I got up very quickly. She cuddled into Lev’s lap, and gave me a very challenging glare. I smile softly, and go back inside to check on my favourite son.
    “Fiyero, what’s going on?” I ask as I give him his plate of pancakes.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

Something inside of me breaks, as I see Bella crying and my anger for Lev is stirred again. Look what he has done to her, she’s barely able of speech.
    “I didn’t do anything. It just… Happened.”
    While she speaks, and I listen, I take the liberty of wiping her tears from her cheeks. Seldom have I seen Bella this vulnerable, even if she tends to cry easily. Only now do I understand the extent of the brotherly feelings I have for her. I have always forced myself to view the others as nothing more but housemates, but having seen Bella the way I did, something deeper seems to have been awakened in me.
    “He didn’t hurt me… But you did.” Immediately I take my hands of her, and I’m searching for the proper words to apologize for hurting her. Only now do I notice the bandage on her shoulder, and how it’s tainted with a red/brownish colour. I put my hands in my pocket, to make sure I can’t hurt her again. When I look up, I’m surprised to see Bella’s eyes have flared to the brightest red I’ve seen them so far. She’s not going to eat me, is she?
    “You had no right to hurt him!” She suddenly shouts. I’m so startled, I take a step back and nearly stumble over a chair. “I don’t care you’re my brother, you still had no goddamned right to do shit like that! I can date whoever the damn hell I like!”
    It’s a good thing my hands are in my pockets, so she can’t see how I’m making fists and so I can’t actually strike her. That ungrateful little twat! Who knows what that guy might’ve had in mind to do her next! And now she’s defending him? Fuck this, I don’t need this shit. I’m going to keep teaching Jaimes tomorrow until he’s got the hang of it so I can get out of this nasty house and this nasty life as soon as possible. If she doesn’t want my help, then I’ll gladly withdraw myself from her life.
    “At least I’m not planning my own death with a pretty Hunter,” she adds, as if she has just read my mind. It hurts, coming from her, from the ever so innocent –except for the eating people part- Bella. I turn around, refusing to look at her any longer and refusing to show the hurt that’s written all over my face. When I hear the door slam, I jump a little and tears start running down my face. I quickly wipe them away with the sleeve of my hoodie. Big boys don’t cry.
    I feel like smashing a chair. But since the furniture has done me no wrong, and Raisa has nothing to do with this so she shouldn’t have to buy new chairs because of it. As an alternative, I slam my fist into the wall, repeatedly, until my knuckles start bleeding. Not wanting to get blood on the wall, I use my other fist until I’ve hurt it equally.
    “Fiyero, what’s going on?”
    I freeze completely when I hear Raisa’s voice and hide my hands in the pockets of my sweater. She needn’t worry about me. She should worry about Bella, and how she’s walking into that white haired devil’s trap with her eyes wide open. Oh please, there’s no fucking way I believe that a guy who kisses a girl he’s known for only a couple of hours has honourable intentions. I stick to my theory that he’s just trying to get in her pants, and knowing Bella she’ll cry her eyes out when he’s done with her. My Gem picks up pace again and I feel my legs trembling in pure, renewed anger.
    “You should keep your cousin under control, and from molesting your daughter, that’s what’s going on!” I snap at her, turning around to face her. As soon as I’m done, though, I regret it. This is Raisa I’m talking to, the one who has nurtured me just because she’s kind like that, not because she has to. I flinch, taken aback by my own actions and avert my eyes, having lost the nerve to look at her.
    “I’m sorry,” I mutter, yet loudly and clear enough for her to have heard me. “I shouldn’t have- I was- You didn’t deserve that. I- I need to go,” I whisper. I keep my gaze on the floor as I walk out of the dining room. I need to go for another swim. I run a hand through my hair and silently slip outside. When I see Bella sitting on Lev’s lap at the pool, I hold my head up high and walk right by them without saying a word or giving them so much as a glance. I would kick that bastard into the pool again, only Bella’s sitting on his fucking lap –naïve little child- and I don’t want to hurt her again.
    I walk into the woods again, since going into the pool is no longer an option with those two sitting there I’m going to have to turn to other resources. When I’m halfway through the woods, I take of my hoodie and throw it somewhere, so I can easily know if I’m on the right way back when I return. When I get the lake in my sight, I kick of my boots and start unbuttoning my pants. I stop a second to take them off and, just like my sweater, recklessly throw them somewhere. I decide to keep my boxershorts on. I’m not sure if there are any fish in the lake, but I’d hate for Junior to be mistaken for bait.
    When I’ve reached the lake and the cold water touches my toes, I shiver a little. I keep walking, though, until I’m in the waist deep in the water. Staring at an invisible point, I run my hands over the surface and shiver again. How can they trust him?

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

“Lev, what happened?” Raisa asks after having sat herself down next to me. “Don’t worry, nothing will make me cast you out of here.”
    I flinch, as she runs her delicate fingers over my cheek. The movement is purely meant to console, but at this moment I feel as if I have wandered far beyond the point of comfort’s reach. I have wronged my sister, and I have wronged the precious Bella. How can I look either of them in the eyes now? I just stare into the water I was struggling to escape from just moments ago, and softly shake my head. I have no words for what I’ve done.
    It is needless to say that my surprise is beyond description when Bella settles herself onto my lap and wraps her arms around me. Hesitantly I put a hand on her lower back and close my eyes to keep the tears from falling down my cheeks. When I open them again, I see Raisa leaving and I shoot her a pleading look. I haven’t gotten the chance to tell her what happened, and above all to make my apologies to her. But it is too late, the door is already closing behind her, and I am left alone with the little Asian doll again.
    “I’m sorry about my brother…” she mutters. “I’ve never seen him like this...” Her kiss makes my cheek burn, and I know for a fact blushes have crept upon my face. “Mind you, you’re the first person that’s showed any interest in me as a person, so…”
    I look up at Bella, utterly baffled. I wish her lovely smile could reassure me but to my own discomfort it has quite the opposite effect. Automatically I wrap my arms around her, as she presses herself closer to me, to keep her from sliding off. I would not risk her falling into the pool and catching a cold. When I notice she is shaking her head, I grab hold of her chin as gently as possible and force her to look at me.
    “Bella… My Kukla… Have I given you your first kiss?” I ask, my initial shock deepening. With my free hand I stroke some stray locks of hair out of her lovely face. With a worried frown I watch her intently.
    “I am deeply sorry it happened the way it did,” I start my apology. “I will not lie to you, and thusly cannot tell you honestly that I regret the… moment… that passed between us. I will however say that I should have thought things through before I acted, and that I should have waited until we had gotten to know each other better. I would loathe myself for dragging you into something you’re not ready for and to tell you the truth I’m not one to rush into things either. I come from a different, era, Kukla. If I am to desire you, which I have not yet made up my mind about, I wish to do things properly, the way I would have done when I was just a young fellow. But I would like to make clear that it’s too soon for either of us to be making decisions of this magnitude. In the time it takes us to find out if what happened was merely the magic of the moment, or something else entirely, I shall talk to Raisa, because her approval matters greatly to me. If I have hurt you, or inflicted confusion in any way, I wish to convey my sincerest apologies now. But I will stick to my promise, not because I feel guilty, but because I truly would like to get to know you better and keep our pact intact. You are not like any other girl, please realise this.”
    With a sigh I conclude my rant. I probably have left many topics unsolved, but I do not want to scare Bella off by talking too much, which I have probably done anyway.

[ bericht aangepast op 16 aug 2013 - 22:45 ]

Jaimes Avril Ashley

My breathing speeds up as I run through the endless hallways. I’m freezing cold; fear is rushing through my veins. Two warm hands grab my wrists and pull me close. His hot breath is enough to make me gag. Tears burn in my eyes.
    “The child, where is she?” he hisses. His grip tightens as he drags me downstairs.
    “I don’t know! I don’t know!” My sobs are echoing through the small kitchen. I hear my father’s footsteps and hope surges in my chest. I’m saved. I ignore the wires that are now attached to my neck and fingers. I’m saved. Father will save me.
    He storms in just as the first spark of electricity surges through my small body. A tortured scream leaves my body. Every inch of me is on fire. I struggle against the restraints as I slowly burn alive. Just when I think the end is near, another surge of pure pain shoots through me.
    Please, I beg silently. Make it stop. Please just kill me.
    The scene speeds up. There’s yelling, pain, pure terror… They torture me until I beg them for mercy. I look into my father’s eyes. They reflect my own, with their strange light green colour. There are no emotions there. There is no one to save me. I’m on my own. And you’ll be fine that way, the eyes seem to say. You’re a big boy. Act like it.
    Their cruel laughter barely reaches me through the haze of terror and loneliness. The smell of gasoline is everywhere now. Flames cover the house, my father…
    I barely escape with my life. Small first degree burns cover my ankles and feet. But I’m alive.
    And I am fine. Until I stumble out of the burning remains. And Linda’s scream follows me down the road.

“Holy shit!” I open my eyes to darkness. My heart is racing and my breathing is struggling to catch up on it. Linda’s terrified screams are still echoing in my ears when I sit up. A pair of jeans slide down from my face, revealing the scenery. The lake is glistening in the late afternoon light. The trees seem so much greener suddenly, is that weird?
    It takes me just a few moments to long to realize that I’m not alone. There’s someone standing in the lake. I rub the sleep out of my eyes and look at the man, who is facing away from me. Black markings decorate his back and shoulder blades, outlining the shape of a pair of angel wings. The sun shines on the white skin, making him look like some sort of ethereal being.
    ‘This is it,’ I think sleepily. ‘I’ve landed in a fantasy-porno.’
    The water comes up the guy’s hips, so I can’t tell if he’s actually naked or not. Only then I recognize the posture and the brown hair. It’s Jack, also known as Fi. Well, that puts a damper on things. I throw his jeans off me, a small surge of fear running through me. I had been asleep, vulnerable, with someone like him so near-by. That’s a very bad move. But luckily for me, he only now seems to notice me. How can he not, with my loud outburst? I need an explanation for that.
    My eyes are stinging, not from the dream-smoke, but from my contacts. They’re starting to hurt, but I don’t have any replacements on me. So I ignore it and look Jack over slowly.
    “That’s a nice view. Do I get to see more?” The view was totally why I yelled out ‘holy shit’. This strange gem-child doesn’t need to know about the things that haunt me each night.

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.