• Treasure Chests

All That Glitters Isn't Gold

Magic: It's still very much alive in this world. Warlocks, masters of this magic, still live among us, hidden from Human sight. A few centuries ago, a strong warlock made a very strange discovery. When too much magic manifests in an infant's body, it crystallises in the infant's chest in the form of a gemstone. These 'Gem children' grow up as very sickly babies before turning into very strong humans. The warlocks did not care for the child and killed it to harvest the gemstone from its chest. For a while, the warlock was the most powerful of his kind thanks to the raw power of this gemstone. Then his secret came out.
    Ever since, the Gem children have been ruthlessly hunted down. Rare as they are, they already face extinction. Not all Warlocks could be bothered to hunt for this power. And this was how the Hunters were created. Humans were chosen to be charmed with a special strength, and they were blackmailed into doing the Warlocks' dirty work. This was easy until one exceptionally strong Warlock, Raisa Romaine Dvornikov, build a house and charmed it to protect the Gemchildren. Any gemchild was welcome, but Hunters would be unable to breath when they crossed the threshold into the building.
    This RPG follows the gemchildren, the warlocks, their hunters and their stories.

RPG Rules
    1)English only
    2)6 line minimum per post; (12 minimum if you have two characters in the post)
    3)2 characters maximum;
    4)Anything unrelated to the RPG in the chat topic;
    5)No killing a character without permission of the owner;
    6)No 'perfect characters'. Each character must have a few flaws;
    7)Wait 2-3 posts before replying again;

Rules related to Gemhearts
    1)They must have one personality trait that related to their Heartstone; (Find the list of traits here)
    2)They can only use their special ability when they are holding a stone similar to their heartstone in their hand;
    3)They are either taken into the protection house by Raisa the Warlock, or they hear about it and find it themselves;
    4)They are allowed to leave the protection house, but it is dangerous.

Rules related to Warlocks
    1)Warlocks don't just snap their fingers to use their magic. They use long spells, runes and potions to achieve their goals;
    2)They are not all powerful.;
    3)They can't bring people back from the dead.
    4)Warlocks can track the movements of their Hunter, but not read their mind or anything.

Rules related to Hunters
    1)Hunters are normal non-magical people who get blackmailed by the Warlocks to kill Gemchildren.
    2)They wear an enchanted necklace which gives them more strength than normal Humans and helps them tell Normal children from Gemhearts.

Roles:

Gem Children
    1) Female – Diamond – Bella Lumière – Shinibubbles
    2) Male – Lapis Lazuli – Lazu Markl – Escritura
    3) Male – Black Onyx – Fiyero Gabrielle Arch – Theodora
    4) Male – Amethyst– Julian Rowland – Yoda

Hunters and Warlocks
    1) Hunter – Female – Jazlyn Ophelia Delaney – Tortura
    2) Hunter – Female – Aerilyn Suraya Guangco – PlagueRat
    3) Hunter – Female – Blake Skyler – Ubiquitous
    3) Hunter – Male – Jaimes Avril Ashley – Escritura
    4) Hunter – Male – Alois Amboise – Hashirama
    5) Warlock – Female – Raisa Romaine Dvornikov – Shinibubbles
    6) Warlock – Female – Rosemary Aventurine Albus - PlagueRat
    7) Warlock – Male – Izan Alvaro Ruiz – Tortura
    8) Warlock – Male – Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze – Theodora

Story!

Chat Topic!

[ bericht aangepast op 5 aug 2013 - 14:42 ]

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

Julian

Lazu awkwardly smiled at me when I mentioned I got him a book.
    “W-What book?” he whispered. I smiled lightly at him.
    “A book about angels. Don’t know if it’s any good but it was a new one and seeing how you mentioned you like the idea of angels…” Of course I rather dislike the idea of angels, but I wasn’t feeling up to pointing this out right now.
    “And I like to count myself amongst those who read good books,” I said. I really did though. I loved the classics most, all the iconic writers and their famous and not so famous stories. But there are several amazing writers around nowadays too, so my collection also contact some modern day stuff.
    “Books to the ceiling, Books to the sky,” he said softly. His voice sounded very.. melodic. “My pile of books is a mile high. How I love them! How I need them! I'll have a long beard by the time I read them.”
    “Yeah, I’m pretty sure that if we would stack all of your books they would be at least a mile high.” I laugh softly. Not a chuckled or a normal laugh. Soft and almost.. gentle? No, not gentle. Something different. But I couldn’t quite grasp what it was. I think I might have adjusted myself to the situation. His giggling and nuzzling into my chest had made my laugh this soft.
    “And you might have a long beard by the time you finished all of them indeed. A blue one. Now that would be quite the sight, don’t you think?” I caught a strand of his hair and let is slide through my fingers. It was silky smooth (or more like velvet? I don’t know, I’m not that well educated on fabrics) and very much blue.
    “I don't own jumpers. I don't own any jumpers at all...” He sounds pretty surprised, which makes me chuckle.
    “I have some sweaters. You can borrow one if you like.” I frown a bit and look at him thoughtfully.
    “They will probably be a bit too bog on you though. But they’re warm?” I smile lightly. Who am I trying to kid? Lazu will probably drown in them, seeing how I didn’t particularly like tight sweaters. They’re slightly big on me, so they’ll probably will be way too big on him. I wasn’t lying about the warmth though.
    “You might even look like you’re wearing a tent, but hey. One has to pick between being cold or wearing something too big.” I smiled at him. It was his choice, I wouldn’t mind either way.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Rosemary aventurine Albus

This man confused her to great extent; why was he telling her that she was attractive when really she was nothing? "Raoul said something similar... He said that my eyes were shimmering like crystals and that my hair was like threads of gold..." Her tone was neutral, but with a hint of regret. Her 'hair of gold' had now turned white. "that was before he married his sister and... Before he told me the truth about what he really thought of me." Rosemary turned to Alois, eyes filled with the hurt that she was trying so hard to hide. "You say I'm attractive to look at, but I don't think I'm able to trust an Amboise on that." Yes, she was very damaged by this. It didn't help that she'd always suffered from avoidant personality disorder.

Rosemary looked at Alois while he cut the mozzarella and smiled, pleased with what she saw. "I'd like to taste your food someday. Especially your ratatouille." She wasn't very fond of finger food, so spare ribs were something she hardly ever ate, also because she ate them with fork and knife, making her a sight if she ordered them in a restaurant. The food was good, Rosemary was very pleased with the soup and the salmon tasted really good. The sweetness of the sugar, the bitter and sharp taste of the vodka and the sour of the lemon juice had mixed perfectly. Luckily Alois seemed to to like it as well, because he even complimented her on it. That's the thing with Rosemary: she couldn't take being complimented on her looks, but when it was something she'd created it made her quite happy and pleased.

"well," Rosemary started. "tomorrow we're going to have to get the papers for marriage signed. I'll have to get us the rings and then I'll have to go and talk with my other hunter. She's doing things quite the way is like her to. As for taking on your name: I highly doubt your family would be fine with it if I kept my own name. Besides, both our surnames start with an a and have two syllables." Jazz had been easy to blackmail. Well, it had almost cost Rosemary her life, but after she'd restricted the woman with a spell, she'd been quite easy to persuade. The woman thought that Rosa had her little brother in captivity, but in reality he had been picked off the streets by the police and sent to a special Boarding school. All that Rosemary had said to jazz, was that if she would ever want to know where her little brother was, that she'd have to work for her. It was not Rosemary's problem that jazz thought of the situation differently than it was; at least not until she would decide to attack her and force Rosemary into giving her back her brother.

When they had finished eating, Alois asked her of it was okay to smoke. Rosemary wrinkled her nose for a moment. "such a bad habit," she sighed, but soon she smiled and said: "if you open that window and use the the chair right underneath it, then it's okay if you smoke." She had pointed at a nearby window. She wasn't find of smoking, since it was bad for health and it didn't smell nice.

there is an ocean in my heart, hidden behind eyes of celadon.

Sho.

Rosemary doesn't even look at me when she speaks. It's as if the words are directed to no one in particular. Or it's because she doesn't want to look at me.
    "Raoul said something similar... He said that my eyes were shimmering like crystals and that my hair was like threads of gold..." Raoul... my ancestor Raoul, I recall. I take a brief look at her. Her hair is anything but gold. It's white as snow. Maybe Raoul was blind, or this is a proof of age. Strange though, since the rest of her appearance makes her seem like she is quite young. As if time stopped. "That was before he married his sister and... Before he told me the truth about what he really thought of me." I blink once but remain silent. That relationship must have been a plotted scheme then, to escape prosecution. It explains Rosemary's affiliation with the Amboise and her thirst for vengeance. Rejection can hurt more than anger can. And it's the perfect breeding place for hate.
    She explains that she doesn't trust the word of an Amboise in these matters. I nod slowly.
    'Please keep in mind that people aren't the same. If that were the case, I wouldn't be here right now. However..' I hesitate slightly, but quickly regain myself, 'I understand your need for self-protection. It is only natural that we try to protect our sanity. But that doesn't mean that we're lost whenever we've dealt with misfortune. We need that misfortune to define our happiness. I've tried so many times to not go insane before I realized I needed that insanity to escape, to finally get a taste of freedom. I don't ask you to believe my words, but please listen to them once.' I know exactly what I'm saying. I've tried so many ways to divert my attention to something else or block every sound when he'd... touch me, that if I'd make a list, I'd make a psychiatrist dizzy. By the time I turned ten, I could recall every detail of that room perfectly. Just ask and I'll name it. I was just that desperate to look at anything except him. They had already taken my body and my future. My mind was the only thing that nobody owned, that truly belonged to me and nobody else. My mind became my treasure, worth more than any jewel in the world. It was my ticket to freedom.
    I look up in slight surprise when Rosemary comments that she'd like to taste my food. I lower my gaze a bit and mutter: 'Well.. it's been quite a while since I last made it, but yes, maybe I should give it a shot one day.' I don't feel much like making her food, especially since she made something exquisite like this for me. I expect her to laugh at my face for making something simple like ratatouille. But, truth be said, it doesn't taste bad.
    I think of Raoul and the day when our parents were out. We used that afternoon to secrely bake a cake. It was a bet we made with our sister Annabelle, who told us that we wouldn't dare something like that. We immediately accepted the challenge. Unfortunately for us both the cake got burned in the oven and our parents returned home earlier.
    So... starting from tomorrow we'll officially be married. The thought slightly startles me. Rosemary tells me that my family won't like it if she kept her own name. I doubt it, to be very honest, since she doesn't share our blood.
    'Hn. Maybe I should take your name, I'm sure they'll like that,' I say smirking lightly. That will be a blow to my dear father's head. 'But it's fine. Take my name.'
    Luckily for me she gives me permission to smoke and I immediately stand up after a nod, walking to the window. I take one of my precious cigars and light it as I sit down the chair. That makes me feel a lot better. Then a sudden idea comes to my mind and I frown my brows.
    'Listen... I don't usually come up with ideas like this, but it may be an option if all else fails. If I'm still unable to behave like a normal husband would, isn't it an idea to use some kind of spell on me that I will? Or perhaps on yourself. I don't know how this works, but it's just a thought. It would make things easier.'

No growth of the heart is ever a waste

Bella
    Snuggled close against Lev, I kept my eyes closed. I was tired, much too tired to keep my façade of coldness to keep people at a distance. It was going to be really awkward later, what with the snuggles now, but... I cough a little, to hide a giggle.
    “I'd make you wash your own damned hoody...” I told him, voice a little slurred still. It took a little for effects like that to stop. I was relieved that he hadn't drawn blood when he bit me – I'd be bleeding for at least an hour. Other then fragile skin, I inherited haemophilia from my parents as well as OCD.
    I blink startled as he picked me up, my arms automatically wrapping around his neck tightly. Yes, the movement hurt my shoulder, but... I hadn't been carried since I was 8 years old. I hold on until he lays me gently on the sofa, at which point I slowly let go of him, pouting a little.
    Okay...” I murmur, watching him leave. Or, more specifically, watching his ass leave. I was too tired to make my eyes open much further. Totally. Wasn't cause he had a nice ass. Nope, I was just tired.
    When he returned, I let him put the plaster on my shoulder, before bandaging his arm up with the skill and speed of a military medic. Then, I snuggle back into him. I wasn't really 'there' enough to care, I just wanted comfort and to sleep.
    “I'm fine.” I said, nuzzling closer, my head nestling into the little bend where his neck and shoulder met. “Just sleepy...”

Raisa
    I watch Fiyero almost beg with me, and I feel myself softening. Of course, it would seem pretty insensitive to them if I got that. I didn't want to hurt my children at all, so I nodded, holding him closer and nuzzling him gently. I thought for a little, before grinning. I knew how I was going to personalise my tattoo with my childrens date of births on. And Fiyero was not going to be amused with his in the slightest, but.... I gently pulled away from him.
    “I dried the book, it's alright.” I told him, still grinning. “He won't know it's been for a swim unless you tell him.” I wouldn't tell him – it wasn't really any of my business. “But yes dear, lets go.” I smiled, placing Lazu's book back into Fiyero's hands. “I'll be at the front door.” I walked through my house, peeking in the living room to check on Lev and Bella. Lev's whole lower left arm was bandaged, and there was a plaster on Bella's shoulder. They must have gone ahead with the biting then... But why did Bella seem so sleepy? I frown slightly. She was wide awake last time I saw her. Then I shook my head slightly, and went to stand by the door, slipping my jacket on. I'd fixed my bullet-proof vest, and was ready to leave as soon as Fiyero put the book back. I hummed softly to myself, before texting Lev, asking what was with Bella. I doubted my cousin had done so much damage to her that she'd be exhausted, even with her haemophilia.

-

[ bericht aangepast op 28 mei 2013 - 21:30 ]

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

I am aghast at with what aptitude Bella manages to bind my arm. The skill she shows is at complete odds with how drowsy she still seems. I stare at the bandage, and blink in amazement. I turn my arm over repetitively, realising that I’m curious where she has learned to do this.
    I close my arm around her absentmindedly when she sneaks closer to me and only become aware of it when I feel her hot breath in my neck. I swallow difficultly and turn my gaze upon her. Goose bumps are starting to rise all over my body. Cold has nothing to with it, though. I am perfectly warm, probably much thanks to Bella right now.
    “I'm fine. Just sleepy...” the youth mutters.
    I find myself nodding softly and putting my other arm around her as well. It has been a long time since I’ve held a woman, other than family related ones, so close to me. And even though I am starting to become quite uncomfortable by the vastness of this realisation, it seems physically impossible to let go of this young one who lies so peacefully in my arms now.
    “That is fine,” I whisper. “You can go to sleep and I shall be here when you wake. You are safe now, Kukla. No harm shall come upon you.”
    I blink again. I’m usually not one to commit like this or to make promises of such immensity. But I have told Raisa I would help her keep her children safe, and this one makes it very easy for me to feel protective of her. I think I would indeed put myself in the way of any hurt that is meant for her, even though I am beginning to ruminate that she might be more than able to defend herself when necessary, and not merely by usage of her magnificent canines.
    While I start humming mama’s song again, I gently stroke her silky hair. I find it unbearable not to. It is a shame she is so young, in so very many ways. For starters, it is not at all fair that someone her age has had to endure so much mortal peril already, I can only imagine what it must be like to see your parentages being executed in front of your eyes. And I would rather not try to imagine. But to be hunted down, having to suffer the fear of losing your own life, after that is just plain intolerable.
    Therefore I am most grateful to my cousin for taking these children into her home. She has saved some who would’ve met a disastrous fate otherwise. I wish I had thunk of it too, almost just as much as I wish I had known about my dearest Adriana. I would like to think I could have saved her, but such thoughts would only bring me grief again. She is gone, stolen from me, and I must carry on without her and live in honour of her memory. She would have liked me being here, she would have liked me comforting Bella, as if she were a daughter of mine as well and not just Raisa’s.
    An annoying buzzy sound is infiltrating my ears, and it takes me a while before I realise it is my cellular phone. I sorely dislike the thing, but have gotten one because my sisters were persistent that I should call them from America now and then. I have never been good at telling my sisters “no”. You may very well call me old fashioned but I find it seriously disturbing that calls can be made without an obvious presence of a chord to connect the phones. We are communicating using nothing but air and a piece of plastic. It is not natural. It takes me to a while to figure out how to open the message Raisa has sent me, and I curse unintelligibly until I succeed. When I have read it, I take upon myself the quest of answering this so called “text message”. It’s a shame they don’t use trained doves anymore.
    I reassure my cousin that Bella is perfectly fine and that she is merely sleepy. I also ask why she does not come and ask me herself if she is in the house, because quite frankly, this technology sucks balls, to put in the words of common youngsters. I drop my phone on the coffee table next to the sofa, almost falling out when doing so, and then turn over so I am chest to chest with Bella. Then I pull the blanket, to cover her a bit more and wrap my arms closer around her before closing my eyes. My travel here has tired me as well.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

I repress to clutch on tighter as Raisa backs away from me. I hadn’t realised how much in need of a hug I’d been. Sometimes I do deprive myself of them for too long, but then again I don’t want them too often and I don’t know of any other way to prevent that from happening than by not granting myself any.
    “I dried the book, it's alright. He won't know it's been for a swim unless you tell him. But yes dear, let’s go. I'll be at the front door.”
    I stare blankly at the book Raisa has just put into my hands. I turn it over and over and open it and flip the pages. It’s dry already, and there are no smudges left, but when I sniff it it just reeks of chlorine. He’s going to know something happened to it if I give him this and he’s going to have my head for it. Lazy might look and act very innocent but touch his books and he becomes this livid little monster spouting curses. Destroy one of his books and well… I don’t want to find out.
    I creep into the house and make my way up to my room as silently as possible. There I hide the book under my bed. The others rarely enter my room and they have no business whatsoever with my bed so I think it’s pretty safe there.
    When I’m back down and on my way to the front door, I almost walk past the sofa without noticing the two people lying in it. Almost. I frown and have a look before I realise its Bella. The man I don’t recognize. I didn’t know she had a boyfriend. And I’m quite surprised that Raisa hasn’t told me either, she knows how I dislike having people in the house, let alone people I don’t know. I walk up to my mother and whisper,
    “There is a stranger cuddling my sister.” I grit my teeth and then continue, “Why is he doing that?”
    I swear to God, I may not treat my siblings kindly, but if any other would hurt them I would snap him into as if he were a pencil. Or better yet, I’d shoot an arrow through their eyes.
    I cannot fathom why Raisa would allow it. She erected this house for a reason, to keep us safe from harm. Isn’t letting in random guys and having them squeeze your children against them kind of the opposite of that?
    Women eh, I’ll never understand them. You’d think that after over a hundred years she’d have some senses.

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Lazu Jet Markl
    Julian smiled slightly. He didn't seem too bothered with my sudden affection. If this was anyone else, they would be. No one here apart from Raisa and Julian were very affectionate. Well, Bella was, but... No way I'm going near that woman. I shivered again, this time not because I was cold.
    “A book about angels. Don’t know if it’s any good but it was a new one and seeing how you mentioned you like the idea of angels…” I blinked up at him, confused that he'd remembered that. Just like how he remembered how I hated jumpers. I smiled uncertainly and cocked my head to the side.
    “And I like to count myself amongst those who read good books.” I nodded slightly. I wasn't sure what kind of stuff he read. Maybe I could be nice and ask. But at the same time, I knew I wouldn't. I was calmer, but the words still wouldn't leave my lips.
    “Yeah, I’m pretty sure that if we would stack all of your books they would be at least a mile high.” Julian laughed, a soft sound. I liked it, I decided. It was a nice sound. Today's events had shown Julian in such a different light, it was like I was getting to know a completely different and new person. I'd always though Julian seemed nice. He was friendly. He was the most sane and normal person in the house... But like with everyone, I kept my distance. It was my solitary side, the one that, until today, had felt so very safe. But after the rough treatment of the strange Hunter, after the terror I felt, alone felt scary. Which was why I was clinging onto Julian like I was a five year old.
    “And you might have a long beard by the time you finished all of them indeed. A blue one. Now that would be quite the sight, don’t you think?” I blinked and imagined myself with a bright blue beard. I giggled. Okay, it would look silly. I should never, ever grow a beard. Ever. Julian slides a strand of my hair through his fingers.
    Suddenly, I felt quite self conscious. A weird feeling. I didn't care much about what people thought about my looks. I looked weird, I knew that. But this was the first time it slightly bothered me. And it made sense, to me anyway. I felt safe with Julian in a way I had never experienced with another person before. It was new, and I didn't want to mess up this fragile, careful new friendship. Because if I did, I would be alone again. Alone was no longer safe.
    “I have some sweaters. You can borrow one if you like.” he frowned thoughtfully, and I just kind of stared at him. There is a hint of brown in his green eyes. They were framed by purple-blue bags. I hadn't noticed it before; I didn't pay attention to these details. I'd never seen how tired Julian really looked. Just like how I had never noticed the strange scar on the right side of his face, near his eye. It was an L-shape, like half a square.
    “They will probably be a bit too big on you though. But they’re warm?” I saw his lips curve into a smile. “You might even look like you’re wearing a tent, but hey. One has to pick between being cold or wearing something too big.” I nodded and smiled carefully, my lips feeling strange. Despite hating jumpers with a passion, I just wanted to be warm. I felt vulnerable, exposed. And again, self-conscious. It was such a strange, alien feeling.
    “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars,” I said, my voice slightly shaky. My hand has a mind of its own as it reached out and trailed a fingertip over the scar under his eye. I smiled nervously and quickly pulled my hand back.
    “I-I mean...” I had to force the words out of my mouth. Sometimes, I don't even fight the tic anymore. It's just so much simpler to let the words out. “A sweater... sounds quite nice right now...” Even if they're uncomfortable. I had never found a sweater that's comfy. They're too big or too tight or too warm or not warm enough and I just prefer shirts... With buttons... But I was cold, over exposed... I was upset enough to actually want a sweater.
    “T-Thank you,” I managed. I was unsure if I was thanking him for the sweater-offer, or everything else. The company he provided, the... the strange sense of comfort... I gave an awkward smile. “One kind word can warm three winter months.” I liked that... It was a Japanese proverb and it was nice. I liked kind words. And warm things. Apart from sweater. I only liked one right now because I was having a really not-so-good day.
    “Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” I giggled slightly and step out of Julian's arms. I was still shivering and exposed, so I wrap my arms around my chest.
    “S-Sorry... Yeah... A-A sweater sounds nice,” I repeated shakily. I direct my words to the floor. Why was I suddenly so uncomfortable? Maybe because I was making an ass out of myself... I chewed my lip and turned to the door that leads to the hallway. I hoped we don't run into anyone. I made my way up the stairs rather quickly, as always.

Jaimes Avril Ashley
    The woman seriously looked like she wanted to punch me. I was good at pissing people off, it was surprisingly easy. I grinned, unimpressed by her obsession with my boner. Seriously, even if the guy was stupidly sexy, there was nothing wrong with me wanting to screw him senseless. Absolutely nothing. The part that bothered me was how I couldn't repress it like I usually do. But that's not this woman's business.
    She makes a few more comments, but I'm already heading for the door.
    “Maybe that dude you are thinking about can show you.”
    “Jesus woman, are you always this obsessed about other people's sex life? I think you need to get laid.” I shake my head, laughing softly. She said some more sarcastic things, and I watch her for a few seconds, staring at the picture of a young boy. She death glares at my question.
    ‘Because it’s fun. Hm. You don’t think so, then?’ She grins. God she's tiring. I despise people like this. I might be egocentric and sexy, but atleast I don't try and fail to be a smart-ass all the time, like this one here.
    ‘Can you take the hint now and get outta here, Mister Know-it-all?’
    “Gladly.” I wink at her and make my way downstairs. “That is, if I can find my way out in the dump,” I mutter to myself as I try and get to the door. Jesus Christ, have a little house-pride.
    Once on the streets, I have that briefly lost feeling again. I make my way into the woods, ignoring the large protection house and the memories that backyard now hold for me. It bothers me, the fact that I keep thinking about Jack. I wander the forest for what seems like hours, but what might have only been thirty minutes. Eventually, I wearily sit b y the lake. I seem to be alone, which is what I need right now. That, and a plan. Because this couldn't go on. I needed to focus. I needed to get eleven more gems. Then I would get Linda back. Linda had barely been on my mind lately, which was worrying.
    I took my shirt and jeans off, leaving me standing there in my boxers. If I wasn't alone, it wouldn't bother me. I was god damn sexy. I went into the lake, which was ice cold. I shiver and dive under. I decided to camp out here for the night. It was that, or sleep in Scarletta's place. I was not doing that. I was quite used to sleeping under the stars, and there didn't seem to be many people around. After swimming around the lake a couple of times, I climb out. I'm shivering and my fingers are wrinkled. It's not even evening yet and I'm actually quite hungry. I might actually have to resort to stealing food from the shop tomorrow morning. I lay down on he grass, waiting for my body to dry. But as I wait, sleep overtakes me. The sun warms my wet body, my eyes closed and I'm gone into a world of fire, shadows and terror.

[ bericht aangepast op 29 mei 2013 - 21:27 ]

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Bella
    I was struggling to stay conscious, but when he murmured that he'll stay while I sleep, I nodded a little and succumbed to a restless sleep as he began to hum and stroke my hair.
    For a while, I slept almost peacefully, but of course, that couldn't last. It never did. That was the reason I slept upstairs, on the roof in all weathers but the worst. Much too soon, the nightmares over took me, and I started to struggle and flinch at my own memories. I regretted ever learning how to keep all my memories in perfect order, but I couldn't get rid of them. It started as always, with the last hunting trip me and my father went on together. I whimpered as I saw the flames from the house, and the flaming figure of my mother running around the crop fields, screaming, setting the food and fences on fire. I coughed and flinched, remembering how my father pushed me roughly to the floor beside him, as he pulled out his gun again. The group of people, who circled the house and shot my father down, riddling his strong body and head with so many bullets.. So many.. I cried out in pain as I remembered being grabbed roughly, brushed and petted, examined.. I snarl in my sleep, lashing out with my teeth, barely noticing that blood that covered my mouth and throat. I whimpered, tears falling as I remembered being locked out in the shed, with a thin chain wrapped around my neck to keep me close to the wall. I remembered the freezing nights, crying and screaming in my sleep. Then I woke up screaming, my eyes wide in panic, looking down at myself in horror. I was covered in blood. I was confused for a few seconds... Lev! I looked at him worriedly, noticing the new bites that littered his neck and shoulders. I winced, and carried him to the bathroom and laid him gently in the bath. There, I remove his clothes on his top half, and started to wash the wounds gently. I cleaned and stitched them all carefully. They shouldn't scar too much.

Raisa
    I laugh softly as I hear my cousin swear repeatedly. He'd gotten my text. That was the only reason I text him really – I could have just asked him, but it was always hilarious listening to trying to use modern technology. I personally didn't have any problem with it – I'd gotten used to it. I myself had an Iphone. Then Fiyero appears beside me, looking as though his hackles were raised.
    “There is a stranger cuddling my sister. Why is he doing that?” I swear, I'd never seen Fiyero so protective over Bella – or anyone, actually. It warmed my heart, to see that. I smiled, and hugged Fiyero again, nuzzling the top of his head gently. Bella would be happy to know that Fiyero got like this over her.
    “It's my cousin, Lev.” I told him softly. “I would have told you sooner, but he didn't tell me when he was going to be arriving. He came because he wants to help me look after you all, although it looks like he's pretty fond of Bella.” a slight note of wonderment tainted the last sentence. I don't know why I was surprised – I guess it was because I'd never realised that anyone could get fond of Bella. Then I softly kissed Fiyero's forehead again.

Rosemary Aventurine Albus

Her head perked up slightly, when he told her that not all the people were the same, but as much as she wanted to believe his compliments, she just couldn't. Protecting her sanity? It was more that she was slightly regaining it - all those years she'd been blinded by hate and now... now it was too late to repair what she'd done, to replace the lifes she'd taken. "Escaping through insanity..." Rosemary had an empty smile on her face. "I guess that's what all this is." She lowered her eyes and clenched her hand into a fist. After remaining silent for a long while, she softly said: "Thank you." Then louder, looking at him directly: "thank you, for understanding." Confused by him, she turned around when she felt her heart thumping faster. What was going on? She didn't understand, except for that this man made her feel things again that had been buried away deep inside her ice cold shell. When Raoul had hurt her, Rosemary had cried for hours, until her hurt and sadness turned into rage and feelings of wrath. Those feelings were only momentarily and after killing Raoul's sister (and wife), Rosemary had been shocked by her own doing. Throughout the years, Rosemary had more than once contemplated jumping off a cliff or something like that. But she thought suicide was the easy way out, so she kept on going, trying to ignore the feelings of sadness that were still buried deep inside of her with any means possible. At some point she'd even tried drugs, but the hallucinations had only made her feel worse and ever since she'd sworn to stay from anything like that - until one day she saw the scars of one of her employees and asked her about them. 'cutting makes everything else go away momentarily.' those were the words that had stayed with Rosemary and one day, when she had broken a vase by accident, she took one of the shards and sliced her thigh. For years it had been her salvation; seeing her own blood flowing was a sign that she was still alive and when she felt the pain at her thighs, she didn't have to think of anything else. Only recently she had stopped mutilating her thighs, but the scars were still fresh and you could feel them if you ran your fingers over her thigh - not that there was a high chance of anyone ever doing that. Even though Rosemary longed for a close relationship, she preferred being lonely over being rejected. So why she was going into a marriage with Alois... for revenge and to gain his loyalty, she tried to tell herself, but it wasn't very convincing.
    "Well, tomorrow we'll be dining here again, so if you wouldn't mind... I have a full fridge as you've probably seen. Enough to make ratatouille, you think?" she tilted her head when she looked at him curiously.
    When Alois offered taking her name with that smirk of his, she giggled and immediately became a confused expression her face. It had been very long time ago since Rosemary had actually giggled for real. So long ago, that she had forgotten how that sounded; pleased by the new found sound, she giggled again - and again, until her giggly laugh chimed through the room softly. "Well, if you want to take on the name Albus then I wouldn't mind at all. That would make it easier for my company. But only if you really want to of course. I've forced you into doing enough things already, I don't want to force you into anything else."
    When Sho - no, Alois - offered using a spell on either one of them to make this plan work, Rosemary looked at him blankly for a while, before she reluctantly said: "I could do that... but it might come off as fake quite easily to people who know you well." Very very very softly, so Sho would probably not hear it, she murmured: "I don't think I'll need it."

[was he sexually abused as a kid?]

there is an ocean in my heart, hidden behind eyes of celadon.

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

It doesn’t take too long for young Bella to fall asleep. For a while she seems almost peaceful, breathing so tranquilly. But in fact she hasn’t slept very much before she starts fighting demons. I pity her, for being robbed of a good-night sleep like this. It’s unfair what happened to her and it’s even more unfair that her own mind would betray her such as to let her relive it again and again when he is not conscious enough to stop the images from breaking her heart. I know well enough about nightmares and I do not wish them upon anyone.
    I start to stroke Bella’s hair as she screams, hoping it will soothe her and help her remember that there is another reality into which she might awaken. When I scoot closer, I only realise I have made a mistake when I feel her teeth cutting my neck. I stay very still, though; I do not want to startle her again, lest she might attack harder. But my travel here has made me weary and reaching that level of focus where I do not feel the pain demands a lot of energy. When I feel my consciousness slipping away from me, it’s already too late to grab hold of it and stay awake.
    I am dreaming. I am dreaming of my beloved Russia. Mother has made waffles for breakfast, with bananas and cinnamon. I have to hurry to get my hands on one of the treats, because my brother and sisters are using magic to get there quicker. I cry, because the last one is snatched away right in front of me. But then my Mamulya smiles and shoves a plate into my direction. There’re two of her delicious waffles there and she has made a smiley face with whipped cream on them. I laugh and thank her, as she has taught me to. Then I eagerly shove down the food. My mouth is filled with the delightful taste and it kind of makes my heart sing. But then Viktor decides it’s time to play a prank on me. Before I realise, I am covered in whipped cream from head to toe. As my lip starts to quiver, mother picks me up and carries me into the bathroom. She draws me a bath as she undresses me. Gently she puts me in the water and starts to rinse the sticky substance off me.
    I open my eyes and gasp when I see not mother’s face but Bella’s. When try to I look down I become aware of two things; I am partly naked, and there is a needle going in and out of my throat. I swallow and gaze at Bella. I must not let her notice she has hurt me, it was not her fault nor her intention; I’m sure of it. The guilt would do her no good, nor would it make me feel any better.
    “Hey,” I whisper. “Don’t look at my boobs, I’m not that kind of guy.”
    I grin at her and lick my lips. I use one arm to cover my chest and with my other hand I splash some water in Bella’s direction.
    Then I realise she must’ve carried me here. Because I have never in my entire life sleepwalked. I scratch my head and look the youngster over. Is she really that strong? In some way it gives me chills; to know that I am in the same room with a woman who can carry me, but at the same time I feel a deep admiration.
    When she is done stitching me up, I reach for a towel. But the closet is too far away. I stand up, and miscalculate the height of the bath tub, which causes me to trip over the edge of it and fall flat on my face. I groan and feel my cheeks burning.
    “My name is Lev and I have been clumsy since I could walk, which is approximately around 1908,” I explicate. Then I sit up straight and shake my head. Hey, stars.
    “Did you know the constellation Orion was named after Orion the Hunter, because it looks like a man who is holding a club? I think clubs are terribly outdated, don’t you? They make people look like trolls.”

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

I sigh when Raisa hugs me again, but close my arms around her nonetheless. The danger is that I could get used to this and that would be very risky business. It would most likely set me off and have the distance I fought to keep for all these years obliterated in no time. Raisa’s voice is a welcome distraction from the reality that is beginning to dawn upon me, though the message it conveys is less appealing.
    “It's my cousin, Lev. I would have told you sooner, but he didn't tell me when he was going to be arriving. He came because he wants to help me look after you all, although it looks like he's pretty fond of Bella.”
    I snort and roll my eyes. Well fuck, could this day stop bringing such unpleasant surprises, please? I don’t need another babysit in the house, let alone one who’s fond of Bella.
    “Fond, my ass,” I mutter. “He was practically on top of her, and she didn’t even mind. You should’ve fucking taught Bella about stranger danger. I don’t care if he’s your cousin or not, I don’t know him and neither does she.”
    I scratch my stubble and mutter something unintelligible which aren’t probably even words but I just feel the need to mutter. It’s that or bang my head against the wall and Raisa would stop me too soon for me to stop being so fucking pissed off. It’s all that stupid Jaimes’ fault! If he hadn’t shown up and pressed his stupid little tight ass against my crotch, and if he hadn’t been seen by Bella and saw her as well then I wouldn’t feel so damn protective of her right now. I am so going to kill that bastard tomorrow. I gave him permission to be the death of me, not to torture me. That was not part of the unspoken deal. Talking about deals, I need to lay down the rules with that guy. Before I kill him, of course. Oh, how I feel like wrapping my hands around that slender neck of his right now. Maybe I could bite him, too. Oh yes, I could definitely- stahp! Focus. I was on my way out. Why was I on my way out again? Why am I holding Raisa? Book. Wet. Lazu. Dead. Town. Tattoo parlour. Right. Got it.
    “Now, you want that tattoo or not?” I burble.
    I let go of Raisa and gently push her arms away too so I can get my leather coat. When I’ve put it on. I open the door and wait for Raisa to step out first. Then I freeze. I stare at the outside in front of me for a while and try to put one foot over the threshold, but it won’t co-operate. I sigh and breathe deeply and slowly. I’ve done this before. I’ve gone outside, I can do it again.
    It takes me a good ten minutes, though, to make myself step completely outside without clutching any part of the house.
    “This is so fucking ridiculous,” I murmur to myself. “You wimp.”

Sho.

I nearly choke on my cigar as Rosemary thanks me. My eyes largen just slightly, before I puff out the remaining smoke. She is genuine. And this is the first time she has ever thanked me for something other than collecting gems. I put my cigar out, deciding that I no longer feel like smoking and toss it through the window. It's too cold for smoking anyway. Such a waste, but I bet Rosemary will kill me if I put it inside my pocket. These are her jogging pants after all. I lift the corners of my mouth just slightly.
    She suddenly tells me that we'll be dining her together and refers to her stacked fridge. That thing is huge. I reckon she doesn't eat all that in a few days. I look up at her and immediately lower my gaze. She wants me to cook. I haven't cooked for anyone since... since god knows when.
    'Uh well, I haven't exactly cooked it recently, but yes, I guess I'm able to make something edible.' After what I had just eaten this will come as a cheap rip-off. This entire situation is so strange to me. Yesterday I'd been drinking and listening to Ronald's fantasy stories and tomorrow I'll be getting married. To a warlock out of all people. Speaking of marriage, this woman now even agrees on me taking her last name. I can't believe it. I now become a bit more serious. My last name... my heritage. It's more than just a name to me, it's part of an identity. It says something of where I come from. But what kind of identity is it truly? It has only been associated with misery and tyranny. I even failed at loving my own parents because I didn't know what genuine love was in the first place. I've always felt that same coldness inside the house.
    You cannot give something you've never had. That's what I said to myself for years. But I must rephrase that. If that were true, I wouldn't be outside that prison right now. If it's impossible to give something you've never had, then how come that humanity has always walked on forward? He told me that there was no future for me outside the house. I'll tell him he's wrong. I make my own future. And that future doesn't lie with the house of Amboise.
    'Albus it is.'
    Rosemary questions my offer, giving a very legitimate argument. I nod, slowly. 'I think you're right. So we must do this the hard way.' Doesn't matter, I'm not used to anything different. I must talk to her as if I love her, I must hold her as if I love her, I must treat her as if I love her. If the Amboise invite us for staying the night I must even share the same room as- NO. No no no. Not in a million years. I'd rather spend the night here than in that house. 'If they ask us the night over, we'll say no,' I decide quickly. She looks in my direction and I suddenly become aware of my own attitude.
    'I don't like people sleeping in the same room as I do.' I avert my eyes before standing up. 'I'll help you to clean this up. It'd be better if we get some sleep afterwards, since we have a busy day in front of us.' I remain silent as suddenly something comes to mind.
    'Just out of curiosity, you mentioned my ancestor Raoul talking about golden hair, then how come it has turned white?' It's strange. Normally white hair is considered a sign of ageing, but she hasn't aged at all.

Yes he was, hurrderp. By Jacques Amboise.

No growth of the heart is ever a waste

Bella
    I blink and giggle when Lev wakes up and tells me not to look at his boobs. Then I get splashed, and I giggle again, and finish stitching up the bites. He was going to end up with a lot of scars at this rate.
    Then I watch as he falls non-too-gracefully on his face. I'd never seen anyone so graceless. It was almost endearing, though I was starting to think that maybe I should stick to carrying him around. It might be safer to him if he didn't have to walk as much. Then I blink startled as he tells him roughly when he started walking... I knew that Warlocks had very long lives, and didn't age very much – hell, Raisa had been my age around the time that Nikolai II became the Emperor of Russia, and she looked barely 20. But it was still nice to know – and also probably explained his gentlemanly ways.
    “Clubs are only really good when your prey just won't stop moving, and you don't particularly want their brains.” I mused, before covering my mouth. Shit, shit... I had to stop doing that, otherwise this uneasy truce I feel will be over very soon. Really had to stop making comments like that...

Raisa
    I raise an eyebrow at Fiyero, smiling amused. I didn't know he could get so protective of his little sister. I guess he forgot that Bella doesn't really need anyone looking after her – she was much too wary and much too dangerous to need it.
    “I have taught her stranger danger.” I told him amused. “Well I tried. Her response to the question 'what do you do when a strange man talks to you?' was 'eat his tongue?'.” I nuzzles against him gently, and let him grumble away for a little bit, before letting go when he gently pushed my arms away.
    “I do.” I grin wickedly. I had it all planned perfectly in my head, and I'm sure they'd all like it. Well, Fiyero would like the idea more then the symbol he was getting but... I stepped outside, and waited patiently for him to exit the building. It always took him a while to get out the building and not hold onto it. When he was finally at my side, I looped my arm though his, and dragged him into town, suddenly feeling in a very good mood. So, quite happily enjoying the idea that mothers were supposed to embarrass their children, I twittered and chirped through different Russian songs and made him dance down the lane with me.

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

“Clubs are only really good when your prey just won't stop moving, and you don't particularly want their brains.”
    I look at Bella and blink a few times. When she covers her mouth and looks as if she has just told me a world class secret. Now, I too cover my mouth with my hand but it’s merely because I am trying to hide my smile. Does she really not understand that I don’t care about the less morally accepted side of her? I remain firmly convinced that her curious appetite is not her own fault. It’s hard to unlearn something, especially is everyone expects you to quit cold-turkey.
    After almost succeeding not to chuckle for a whole minute, I burst out in laughter and grab my stomach, toppling over. Her face is just priceless.
    “Ahahah… I never worry about that… Hahaha- I have a perfectly.good.set. of my own.” My sentence comes out really screwed and broken because I’m laughing so hard. Meanwhile tears are running down my cheeks. I try to wipe them with the back of my hands, but quickly enough I have to grab my stomach again. My muscles are protesting to my laughter.
    “You – you- you know you sound like… Aha… You’re talking about opening a clam, right?”
    A new and even worse fit of laughter comes over me, disabling me to speak. I feel a little embarrassed when I start a laughing at quite a high pitch, but at the same time I’m too far gone to really care.
    It takes me at least five minutes to calm myself down and be able to breath normally again. When I’m sure I’m not going to have another fit, I get up and wipe my tears away. I only hope Bella does not believe me to be laughing at her, what she said and the way she reacted to her own words just struck me as funny. Carefully I take her hand in mine and look her in the eyes.
    “My apologies, I did not mean to offend you in any way and I hope I haven’t. I do thank you for giving me such a good laugh, though. Has anyone told you you’re funny? Because you are to me. You don’t have to mind your words around me, Kukla. Have you not noticed yet that I am not quick to pass judgement?” I let go of her hand and softly caress the band aid I’ve put on her shoulder to emphasize the point I’m trying to make. If I was scared of her, I wouldn’t have let her bite me.
    As I drop my hand next to my own body again I look around to see if my hoodie is lying around anywhere. When I’ve spotted it, I walk over to it and put it back on. Only now do I realise I wasn’t feeling very self-conscious without it. I guess I feel more comfortable around Bella than I had anticipated.
    “And by the way,” I start while I turn around to face her again. A sly grin creeps upon my lips when I look at her. “When my prey won’t stop moving, I just do this.”
    Without warning I run towards her and pick her up only to lay her over my shoulder. I run out of the bathroom, holding her tightly so she won’t fall, and make my way back to the sofa, where I gently drop her. I lay myself down next to her again and smile.
    “Thank you for tending to my cuts. Don’t blame yourself for them, you were sleeping. I know I don’t.” I take the blanket and put it over the both of us again. She probably won’t go back to sleep, but I think we might both do well with some rest.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

“I have taught her stranger danger.” I told him amused. “Well I tried. Her response to the question 'what do you do when a strange man talks to you?' was 'eat his tongue?'.”
    I shake my head and don’t take much notice of what she says next. I’m well aware that Bella can take perfect good care of herself when she’s in danger, but the fact remains that she’s still young and she might not always recognize danger. And in that case you can be as strong as can be but it will do you no good. Not one damn.
    Reluctantly I hop along as Raisa hooks her arm through mine and forces me to dance down the street with her. I don’t have a reputation outside the house so I’m not afraid of ruining it, but I just don’t like dancing and even if I did, I’m not in the mood for it now.
    I don’t pay much attention to where we’re going, I’m more occupied with Raisa’s words about and her opinion of Bella. I might not be all too fond of Bella myself, but that doesn’t mean I don’t think she needs protection. We all do, or we wouldn’t be stuck in the house.
    “Yeah well,” I realise out loud. “Maybe you should’ve taught him about stranger danger then, because I bet he’d be more than happy to voluntarily stick his tongue down Bella’s throat,” I mutter.
    I shoot an angry look at Raisa and then look straight ahead. We’re about halfway to the tattoo parlour, so this nightmare isn’t nearly over.
    I simply can’t understand how she’s not opposed to having that guy, I don’t care if he’s her nephew or not, remaining in the house alone with my brothers and sister. She might know him, but we don’t. And he knows as little about us as any other stranger. The least she could’ve done is introduce us to each other thoroughly.
    Then I think of something entirely else. I narrow my eyes and look at Raisa again.
    “You’re very quiet about what you are getting, so I’m starting to assume I’m not going to like it any better than the Gem-idea,” I casually blurt out. I try not to sound to accusing. But I can’t deny that I’m not at least a bit curious now. She seems very determined and that’s kind of a dangerous mood to be around her. Maybe I should tone it down. I might not agree with her cousin being left to take care of the other, but she’s only trying to make me feel better by going out with me. Right?
    I sigh and subtly pull her a little closer to me. God knows I’m not the easiest to handle, but I sure have my reasons.
    I’m positive Raisa understands, to some extended level. But I should really stop trying to push her buttons. I should enjoy the time we’ve left.

Bella
    My eyes widened as he suddenly went into peals of laughter, before they started to burn with tears. I blinked, sending them down my cheeks. On a level I knew he wasn't laughing at me, but with me, but it was still.... painful. I slowly calmed down as he took my hand in his and apologised, smiling shakily. Right... I knew that he wasn't trying to be cruel, but I still avoided direct eye contact. Some habits, like eating human flesh and looking someone straight in the eye, were hard to break. When I am suddenly grabbed and gently placed over his shoulder, before being carried that way, I screamed playfully and held onto him, before pulling him over me when he gently placed me on the couch, still smiling. I snuggled him quite contently, ignoring the internal warning. Something was telling me that I could trust Lev, and not just the fact that he didn't seem to mind about my... unusual appetite. I smile sheepishly at him.
    “I'm still sorry for biting you.” I tell him, snuggling into him again. I quite liked the way he smelled, it was comforting. My fingers curled in and out of a fist holding his jumper, the same way that a cat will knead you. I was warm and comfortable, and I felt... Safe. It wasn't very often I felt that way, and the fact I felt safe in the arms of a man I barely knew made me wary.
    “Tell me about yourself?” I asked. The point of us biting each other, was to get to know each other, right? And I wanted to know everything.

Raisa
    I can tell that Fiyero isn't really in the mood for my sillyness, but I didn't care. I was going to cheer him up at any costs. Everyone in the town already regarded me as the eccentric lady that adopted 'troubled' kids. And beside, I was going to live longer then any of the fragile little Humans here, so why should I care what they thought of me? It wasn't going to change anything at all.
    “Sweetheart, he isn't going to make a move on Bella. We weren't brought up like that, he respects women. I'll introduce you all to him when we get home, alright?” the idea of Lev doing anything that wasn't gentlemanly made me start to laugh all over again. Then I sobered up, and smiled at him gently. “I wouldn't bring anyone I didn't trust completely anyway near you all, Fiyero.” I reminded him gently.
    Then I snuggled against him and softly kissed his forehead. “I think you will like it, it's all of your dates of birth, and a little symbol next to them all that reminds me of each of you.” Then I pulled him into the tattoo shop, looking around in wonder. I'd never been in a place such as this, and it fascinated me.
    But not even this new, interesting place could distract me from the fact I could tell the time I had with my son, was growing shorter. And that scared me.

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

When Bella pulls me on top of her, I tense a little. Then I swallow and stare at her face. This feels very awkward an yet the only question that is haunting my mind right now is not if on some level I like it, but whether I should allow myself to like it or not.
    Despite all of the feelings that have started coursing through my body, I feel myself relaxing into her when Bella cuddles me. It actually feels quite nice to be on the receiving end of some affection. I must admit that I’ve gone a long while without allowing myself close contact like this with anyone none-related. But then, in some way Bella is related, isn’t she? I know Raisa considers her a daughter, as if she had given birth to this youth herself. Yes, I do suppose she kind of is family. I can’t help but softly laugh again when I hear Bella snuffling and realise she is sniffing me. I cannot fathom why she would want to do that, but I see no harm in it so there is no reason to stop her.
    “Kitten,” I blurt out when she starts pawing the fabric of my hoodie. If she had a pair of claws, it would be just as if I were being fondled by a tiger. I must say, to my own surprise, I find it quite soothing. My back wasn’t hurting, but I’m starting to feel less tired; yet at the same time more sluggish. There’s not one fibre in my entire body that would want to move now, so I contently stay where I am and carefully rest my head on Bella’s unbitten shoulder.
    “Tell me about yourself?”
    I chuckle. There is so much I could tell her about me, and my history and my passions that I don’t know very well where to start. It would be a challenge, to summarise a period of one-hundred-and-six years to fit a into a conversation.
    “I was born in Volgograd,” I eventually begin. I have one brother, Viktor, and three sisters; Aniya, Dasha and Jelena. I bet you’d like them very much. Mother is a very loving woman, Raisa reminds me a bit of her; she’s happy to take in and take care of strays as well. I am wandering off, forgive me. As you’ve probably figured out for yourself, I am a Warlock. But I’m not very good at the craft. In truth, I suck at it, as you youngsters would put it. But I can do this.”
    I search my pockets for a clean paper tissue I know I have hidden in there. When I’ve found it, I roll onto my side, so I can actually use my hands better and see Bella’s face. I rip the tissue and take Bella’s hand to put the pieces into her hand. Then I gently close her fingers so the tissue is hidden in her fist. I bring her closed hand to my mouth and whisper a rather simple spell. Then I blow her fingers, and pry them open again. The shreds of paper have into butterflies, which now fly from Bella’s palm. With a smile I watch them flutter. It’s one of the very few spells I’ve mastered.
    “Bella’s butterflies,” I mumble contently.
    Then I turn my attention towards the youth again and softly sigh.
    “You know, this would be a lot easier if you asked me specific questions,” I tell her whilst I poke her. I don’t want to get her upset again. She has a lovely smile.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

“Sweetheart, he isn't going to make a move on Bella. We weren't brought up like that, he respects women. I'll introduce you all to him when we get home, alright I wouldn't bring anyone I didn't trust completely anyway near you all, Fiyero.”
    I shake my head heavily. She’s wrong, she is so wrong. Why do women believe in white knights? Men are not a noble species, and I should know because I am one. The way he was lying next to her, something is prone to happen sooner or later. Probably sooner.
    “Bella is fairly handsome, she’s a woman, she breathes. He is a man. He will make a move on her, or woo her; whatever you folks called it back when you were young. There’s a thing between our legs called a dick we’re more often than not compelled to follow, whether we realise it or not.”
    I sigh when I remember how earlier this afternoon I was playing with my little fellow myself. There are some moments when I just can’t help it, but it disturbs me that of all people Jaimes was the one to invoke such a moment in me. I mentally slap myself again when I catch myself thinking of the darned guy, again. If I knew it wouldn’t raise suspicion in Raisa, I would ask her to take this morning out of my memory. I have no desire for these kinds of thoughts.
    I am somewhat relieved when Raisa answers my question about her tattoo.
    “I think you will like it, it's all of your dates of birth, and a little symbol next to them all that reminds me of each of you.”
    I could live with that. Well, I could cope with that would be a better choice of words. I softly nod and let her pull me into the tattoo shop. Immediately the smell brings a smile to my face. I love the scent of ink. It’s familiar and for some reason it always manages to calm me down.
    I let go of Raisa’s arm and walk over to the splayed books full of images one could get here. Usually there aren’t any to my liking, as I prefer my art to be original, but I just like flipping through the pages. Some of them are pretty, but there are some terribly cliché ones too. I don’t get what people want to put on their bodies. But perhaps some wouldn’t understand my choices either.
    “Hé! Jack. Have you come for some new art?” the tattoo artist asks me, as he walk out of his office.
    I look up, smile and shake my head, before I point to Raisa.
    “Nope, we’re here for her. Virgin skin, you lucky bastard,” I grin. Raisa doesn’t have any tattoos yet… that I know of.
    I walk back over to Raisa and take her hand into mine. I’m going to hold it for as long as she needs me to and she can squeeze it just as hard as she feels like. To me it wasn’t really painful, but towards the end it just gets so fucking annoying and you just want it to be done.
    I take a step forward when Snake starts looking Raisa over. He is not checking out my mother in front of me. When I squeeze her hand, he seems to get the message. He’ll probably think she’s my girlfriend, what with her looking young and all, but I don’t care. He’s a nice person and he makes a good living but he’s not good enough for her. He works too much and I could swear I’ve seen some druggies in here last time I passed by. I trust him with my skin, but that’s it.