• Treasure Chests

All That Glitters Isn't Gold

Magic: It's still very much alive in this world. Warlocks, masters of this magic, still live among us, hidden from Human sight. A few centuries ago, a strong warlock made a very strange discovery. When too much magic manifests in an infant's body, it crystallises in the infant's chest in the form of a gemstone. These 'Gem children' grow up as very sickly babies before turning into very strong humans. The warlocks did not care for the child and killed it to harvest the gemstone from its chest. For a while, the warlock was the most powerful of his kind thanks to the raw power of this gemstone. Then his secret came out.
    Ever since, the Gem children have been ruthlessly hunted down. Rare as they are, they already face extinction. Not all Warlocks could be bothered to hunt for this power. And this was how the Hunters were created. Humans were chosen to be charmed with a special strength, and they were blackmailed into doing the Warlocks' dirty work. This was easy until one exceptionally strong Warlock, Raisa Romaine Dvornikov, build a house and charmed it to protect the Gemchildren. Any gemchild was welcome, but Hunters would be unable to breath when they crossed the threshold into the building.
    This RPG follows the gemchildren, the warlocks, their hunters and their stories.

RPG Rules
    1)English only
    2)6 line minimum per post; (12 minimum if you have two characters in the post)
    3)2 characters maximum;
    4)Anything unrelated to the RPG in the chat topic;
    5)No killing a character without permission of the owner;
    6)No 'perfect characters'. Each character must have a few flaws;
    7)Wait 2-3 posts before replying again;

Rules related to Gemhearts
    1)They must have one personality trait that related to their Heartstone; (Find the list of traits here)
    2)They can only use their special ability when they are holding a stone similar to their heartstone in their hand;
    3)They are either taken into the protection house by Raisa the Warlock, or they hear about it and find it themselves;
    4)They are allowed to leave the protection house, but it is dangerous.

Rules related to Warlocks
    1)Warlocks don't just snap their fingers to use their magic. They use long spells, runes and potions to achieve their goals;
    2)They are not all powerful.;
    3)They can't bring people back from the dead.
    4)Warlocks can track the movements of their Hunter, but not read their mind or anything.

Rules related to Hunters
    1)Hunters are normal non-magical people who get blackmailed by the Warlocks to kill Gemchildren.
    2)They wear an enchanted necklace which gives them more strength than normal Humans and helps them tell Normal children from Gemhearts.

Roles:

Gem Children
    1) Female – Diamond – Bella Lumière – Shinibubbles
    2) Male – Lapis Lazuli – Lazu Markl – Escritura
    3) Male – Black Onyx – Fiyero Gabrielle Arch – Theodora
    4) Male – Amethyst– Julian Rowland – Yoda

Hunters and Warlocks
    1) Hunter – Female – Jazlyn Ophelia Delaney – Tortura
    2) Hunter – Female – Aerilyn Suraya Guangco – PlagueRat
    3) Hunter – Female – Blake Skyler – Ubiquitous
    3) Hunter – Male – Jaimes Avril Ashley – Escritura
    4) Hunter – Male – Alois Amboise – Hashirama
    5) Warlock – Female – Raisa Romaine Dvornikov – Shinibubbles
    6) Warlock – Female – Rosemary Aventurine Albus - PlagueRat
    7) Warlock – Male – Izan Alvaro Ruiz – Tortura
    8) Warlock – Male – Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze – Theodora

Story!

Chat Topic!

[ bericht aangepast op 5 aug 2013 - 14:42 ]

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

Bella
    I keep up my murmuring and petting until I feel that he's okay again. I turn up the petting a little when I hear him sob, and kiss his forehead again before nuzzling noses with him a little. Not sure why I did so, but... I guess it was guess I remembered that I liked it when I was younger and upset for whatever reason. When he settles, I slow with the petting again, before relaxing more against him when his arms wrapped around my waist. Yes... I decided that I really liked cuddles, and that Lev was my new favourite person in the house. He gave me a lot of cuddles. I still loved my brothers of course, and Julian will always be my favourite cuddle brother, but... I smiled and nuzzled into him, before one of his arms vanished. I blinked, then realised it was because he was wrapping the warm blanket around me, and smiled again. I hadn't realised how cold I was – thanks to sleeping outside most nights, I was pretty much immune to most temperatures. I did however notice the sudden warmth as a slight burning sensation. It was still nice, and I cuddled into it and him as well. I smile a little as he kissed my forehead, and bit my tongue slightly when he kissed where he bit. I took that to be his apology, and softly kissed his neck to let him know that it was okay. Okay, it was still pretty annoying that he bit me, considering that it's still pretty hard for me to not bite people most of the time, but I know that he didn't mean it like that. We were just playing around, and it went a little bit too far. It happens from time to time, and I didn't blame him.
    “I don't catch colds...” I murmur. “My immune system is top notch..” which was true. Basically living on the roof meant I probably had the strongest immune system in the town, not including Raisa. I'd never seen or heard of my 'mother' being sick. My brothers had pretty good immune systems as well, and I could only vaguely remember Fiyero and Lazu being sick when we were younger. Mind you, I could barely remember being sick as a child myself....
    I enjoyed the cuddles, and I felt myself purring again as I closed my eyes. I was very comfortable leaning against him, my hands slowing in their petting as I start to drift off to sleep on his shoulder. After a few moments, when I was half asleep, I felt him move under me. I guess he was trying to shift to get more comfortable, but I still sleepily complained and lightly pulled on his hair. I wasn't very with it or mature when I was tired, okay? Then his words registered, and I started to laugh. I covered my mouth, not sure if he'd be insulted or not. But it really wasn't his day today... First he fell on his face, now he thinks he's broken his ass... I start giggling again, despite my best attempts at smothering them.
    “Sorry!” I giggle around my hands. “It's just..” I loose the ability to talk briefly, but then I force myself to calm down again. “It's just not your day.” I sit up again, careful to not put too much of my weight on him. Then, feeling a little bit impertinent, I pull off his hoody and put it on myself – he did tell me not to get cold after all. Then I carefully pick him up again, and lay him on his front on the couch. I wanted to check if he had broken anything or not. I doubted it, but still. I didn't know how easily he broke bones, and if he did break something, I could set it for him.
    “This might hurt a little.” I tell him. “I'm going to check if you did break anything or not.” I rest my hands on his ass, and tried to not start blushing again. He had a very nice ass, a little part of me noticed. Thankfully, most of my mind was in the state my father had generated for when someone is hurt. It didn't feel broken, so I relaxed and quickly pulled my hands away.
    “It's not broken.” I inform him. “I think you bruised the bones though.. You should be more careful.”

Raisa
    I smile a little as Fiyero speaks. Yes, I'm going to be loosing my favourite son soon. I knew he wouldn't get like this otherwise.. I didn't know why he was always so distant and withdrawn from us – I didn't know why any of my children where. I could find out if I wanted to – there was a potion I could brew that would make them tell me their deepest secrets and their darkest fears. But... It'd be wrong for me to abuse my position as their mother by doing that. But I was getting more and more tempted today to use it on Fiyero... Maybe slip it into the hot chocolate I always make when he comes and crawls into bed with me after having a bad dream.. It'd be so easy, I could have the potion ready before dinner but...
    I forced my mind off that track. I was his mother, and if he was going to tell me what was wrong, he will. And I know that he'll never speak to me again if I did so... I nod my agreement at his suggestions, and smile.
    “That sounds good.” I tell him, ruffling his hair and kissing his temple. It made me happy to be able to show at least one of my children how much I loved them. In the book shop, I cling on a little tighter as tears blur my eyes. I didn't often have flashbacks, when when I did well... I looked around with tears starting to fall, seeing in my minds eye the gorgeous, large library in the palace... I loved spending time in there with the children, laughing and trying to tutor them... There was also a few bad memories, of Grigori trying to take over, and our very loud and rude arguments that kept switching languages so the children wouldn't hear just how potty-mouthed we could be at times. It took a little while for me to fade out of the flash back, just as it appeared that a 6 year old Anastasia was skipping over to me with a large book that she wanted me to read...
    I head Fiyero say something, and I look up at him, tears still streaming silently down my cheeks. Thank all that was holy I always wore waterproof makeup.
    “Sorry?” I said, forcing my voice to keep steady. “Can you repeat that?”

[ bericht aangepast op 17 juni 2013 - 10:32 ]

Sho.

Tell what a person is like by the food they make? I overthink her words. She'd likely find me unclean, simpel and little sophisticated in that case. I used to be quite good at cooking, but whenever I claimed the sole right of the kitchen (which rarely happened because of the maids in the house) I was kicked out of my mother's domain. Only on very rare occasions she'd let me cook.
    'Interesting,' I say genuinely. 'I'll do my best to make something decent.'
    Alois Albus. It sounds strange to me. Foreign even, and I have to get used to the sound of it. Rosemary seems to like it as she softly mutters the name in the open. She seems to like it though, as another giggle escapes her lips. This woman...
    'You really think of me as despicable that much?' she questions me. I huff. Woman, don't even get me started on that one. If there's one person I'd love to skin alive then it would be... I frown my brows. It wouldn't even be her. Even after all that's happened, I wouldn't kill her in her sleep if I had the chance. I couldn't, even if I wanted to. This entire situation is new. I have never been intimate with a woman. I tried to, but I failed miserably. And now this woman is supposed to become my wife. It is a foreign feeling I can't get accustomed to. 'It's not entirely because of you. It would have been the same if it were another woman,' I say truthfully. 'I'm not used to this kind of situations. I'm not used to being close or acting close with.. women.' Well there you have it. She'll probably see me as a 35-year-old virgin. How pathetic Alois. I smirk at myself. I'm such an idiot for getting into a situation like this.
    I try to ignore the careful look she gives me and nod at her proposal of getting hotel suites. Not that I can exactly pay one, but at least there will be separate rooms. Maybe I'll steal some of Amboise's money. I can be a shameless man if I want to.
    'Yes. Let's do that.' She is still suspicious and for some reason I don't like the way she looks at me. There's a part of her that wants an explanation. 'It's best for both of us that we sleep apart. I'm having chronic sleeping difficulties, I smoke in the middle of the night and I snore.' A part of this is true, the snoring was something I added for my own exaggeration. She'll probably be so disgusted of me by then that she won't question the matter any further. Speeking of disgust.. I am not sure she enjoys being next to me either. I know Rosemary dislikes anything dirty. Given the family I come from, she'll likely view me as dirty. My face gets a very subtle sad expression. There are times in which I feel dirty as well, no matter how many hours I spend showering. And then there's the nightmares. I won't be doing any of us a favor by waking up in the middle of the night bathing in sweat screaming.
    Her glances towards the oven shake me up a bit. There's still the main course, I totally forgot. How stupid of me. 'It looks wonderful,' I say truthfully. I can't help but smirk lightly at her remark of leaving the cleaning to her.
    'You're wasting too much time on that. I can eat from the floor in this place.' I am surprised that she mentions the reason of her white hair. My eyes largen a bit. 'You..' I don't finish my sentence. Even I can feel my deteriorating health. I get sick, slowly but surely because of using her magic. I try to use it to a minimum, but I can feel my immune system failing on me. Someone once told me that this is because of my genetic structure. He was a doctor who just left university and one of Rosemary's spies. He told me that I possessed exceptional stamina and physical endurance, thereby confirming what my parents, my nephew and my uncle had said years before. I was a promising heir indeed.
    Just like me, Rosemary had suffered from sadness too. It feels strange to admit this to myself, but for some reason I feel kind of sorry for her. Somewhere..
    'Are you able to touch someone like me?' I then ask. 'Or do I have to quit the smoking? Let's give it a try right now. We're supposed to get to this part sooner or later anyway.' She looks at me in surprise. 'Don't worry, I'll clear my throat.' I stand up and get a glass of water and down the glass. Rosemary looks at me puzzled. I walk towards her, still unsure.
    'The scent should be gone now. It's not like we'll enjoy this, but go ahead, you can try it.' After a brief pause. 'Kiss me.'

No growth of the heart is ever a waste

Rosemary

First with a blank face, she looks at Sho, before a smile blooms around her lips. "I'm sure you'll be fine. And if it's something you like doing, then I could let you use my kitchen. If you want." Yes, she had more than three hundred and fifty years of experience, so his food would probably not be as refined as hers, but it was the thought that counted. "Cooking is fun," Rosemary admitted with a distant gaze, smiling lightly. "I like to prepare cake and quiche and cookies all day long. There's only me, so I give the food to people who need it, but watching how the cookies get golden brown in the oven and the smell filling the kitchen... that's happiness to me." She had never told this to anyone before - well, not like she really had anyone to talk to.
    When he huffed, Rosemary looked down at the floor; of course he despised her. What he then said, however, made her look up again slowly. She didn't judge him for not being used to interact closely with women. "That... That's alright." Nervously, Rosemary tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear and cleared her throat lightly. "I.. Me too. I don't know what it's like to be .. close... with a man." Four hundred year old virgin, present. While he smirked, Rosemary nervously rubbed her hands at her skirt.
    She nodded when he agreed to a hotel room if, or rather, when they'd be going to France. "And don't worry about the payment. I'll cover it." She place at the table again and served the food onto their plates. "Please enjoy the meal." Taking the first bite, she chewed slowly, tasting her own food to see if it was as good as she hoped and nodded with a pleased expression.
    When he told her that they could pretty much eat from the floor, Rosemary looked up with a surprised look on her face, with slight shock mixed in. "Eat.. from the floor?" She gasped slightly; how could anyone ever eat from the - that was just unheard of! Eat from the... well, her floors were very clean, she thought to herself as she glanced at her floor. But eating from it?! No. Just no. His reaction to why her hair was white, was also one of surprise. But he of all people should know what it's like to have a deteriorating health. Being a hunter took its toll on him. Frowning, Rosemary realised that he couldn't be her husband as well as her hunter. It had to be one of the two. "I want you to stop being my hunter." She looked at him with a straight face, holding out her hand for the necklace.
    "Someone ... like you??" The question was visible on her face. She didn't know what he meant by that. Huh? Quit smoking? Give it a try? What was he-? Clear his throat?! It wasn't just suprise, she was alarmed, especially when he walked towards her. "Kiss me." What? She blinked and became really pale as she realized what he had said. "kiss... I've never -" she stuttered. When she slid off her chair, she was suddenly very close to him and she could smell the washing powder she'd used for her clothes, mixed with his scent. It was only now that she realized how much smaller she was than him. Of course, humans had only gotten bigger over the years and she'd already been on the short side in her time with her one meter fifty. The top of her head barely reached his chin and as she looked up at him, she realized she'd never be able to kiss him with that hight, even with high heels she'd have trouble, let alone barefoot as she was now. "I... I-I don't think I can reach," she muttered embarrassed, a slight blush at her cheekbones.

[ I'm smiling and giggling like an idiot. ; derp. I didn't expect the 'kiss me']

there is an ocean in my heart, hidden behind eyes of celadon.

CRAP. Deleted everything I wrote and control z doesn't work. God damnit, I spent nearly 45 minutes on that. Fuck.
    Ehehehe me neither XD.

Sho.

'Then you know it'll be a dirty mess,' I grin softly. 'But don't worry, I'll clean everything up once I'm done.' I'm slightly surprised to find out that she enjoys cooking that much. It's a shame that she has no one to cook for, apart from me right now.
    I can't help but look up at her in surprise as she mentions that she isn't used to being close to a man at all. How old was this woman again? She lived during the time when my ancestor Raoul lived. That was centuries ago.
    'Heh, you miss all the fun like that,'I say with a slight smirk, teasing. Not that I have much right to speak on the matter though.
    Rosemary serves the meal and we start eating. It looks really good and it tastes really good too. She's really pushing herself now. Cooking just for the two of us and it looks like we're visiting a restaurant. I am lost in thought, enjoying my food as suddenly Rosemary holds out her hand to me.
    'I want you to stop being my hunter.' 'What?'I think aloud. I am shocked, to say the least. But she seems really serious about this. What can be the reason for this decision? I am wary, trying to figure out her real intentions. No warlock would make a decision like this out of the blue. I nod slowly, reaching out for my necklace. The shackles that have kept me bound from freedom... finally removed. I hand over the necklace to her.
    'It's my name, isn't it? The reason why you chose me as your hunter. I've thought about it for years. I dislike them too. My brother is the only one I've ever cared about. Even though he's older than me, I have this feeling of responsibility. I can't leave him there, even though he only sees the future in there. I wonder if he is truly happy. He must have been torn between to what feels right and what is right to do. I want to show him the other side. Once he sees that, he can judge. And now, I can do this out of my own free will. I'm also doing this out of my free will,' I say as I stand in front of her, cleansed my mouth with water to remove any unwanted scents. This is strange.. even frightening to some extent.
    'Kiss.. I've never-' I hesitate. 'You don't have to if you don't want to','I say quickly. She stands up and tries, and only now I've realized that she isn't able to kiss me, even if she wanted to. I smirk again to myself. I am such a fool.
    'I'm not an expert at this or anything, but if I had to make it plausible, I'd probably do it like this.' I lower myself a bit to get to her height and raise my hand to lift her chin softly. I can still back down, a voice calls out from the back of my head. Nah, we're here already. I softly brush my lips against hers and kiss her.
    I then quickly let go of her and instinctively search for my cigars, a habit I have developed out of uneasiness or stress.
    'I hope that wasn't too disgusting. Tried my best to keep the contact to a minimum,' I say, scratching my head and averting my gaze from her, trying to stay cool. Yet again, I fail miserably. My cheeks feel hot, even though I know they shouldn't be, It's been how long exactly, since I kissed someone? Geez. I'm no good with women.
    'Okay, let's get some sleep,' I say quickly to divert this awkwardness.

Rosemary

She chuckled softly, knowing what she was getting herself into. "Well, if it's clean afterwards then I guess I can ignore the temporary mess." They way he'd said it sounded like she would be in for a heart attack, but alas, she was too curious about his food to take the offer back.
    When he teased her, Rosemary looked up with widened eyes and a slight blush: "Wh-What!? But, that's - I just - hnmm..." Pouting, she glared at him. Not being used to teasing, she was an easy prey for people who liked to poke fun at others, but most wouldn't get away with it easily. Seriously, what was happening to her? More and more she was turning back into her old 'not-warlock' self. Right now, she wasn't sure if she liked it; this guy was getting closer to her way too fast. She frowned slightly and decided that she'd have to think this over tonight, when he was in bed and fast asleep.
    The shock was expected. Rosemary could see it written all over his face, but she remained in exactly the same position, not blinking once, until he placed the necklace into her hand. "Yes," she told him, when he asked her about why she'd chosen him. "And I realize now that it was unfair to take my anger out on you, while you have nothing to do with what happened centuries ago. You're not like them," she explained, pausing before she continued: "Your health is more important than the gems. I would feel guilty if you'd die because of me, since I already took one life of an Amboise. There's no need to take another one." Shaking her head, Rosemary put the necklace away and told Sho: "I think marrying you is enough compensation for what happened years ago." It was all she had ever wanted back when she was human, so perhaps this... this was the best revenge she could get? It wasn't Sho she should be punishing, it was that sickening system of incest of his family that he was just trying to escape from. "I understand, I'll make sure you can take him away from there for some time. Perhaps under the motto of a holiday?" she mused out loud. Of course she'd be going with them and if the circumstances made it that way, then Raoul's wife-to-be would just have to tag along. "Ah! I have another house in Sweden - it's not the cleanest at the moment, but we could definitely bring Raoul there."
    Huh? Out of his free will? Did he mean the kiss? He couldn't - Oh dear oh dear oh dear - so close! It's not like she didn't want to kiss him - wait, did that mean she wanted to? He was close enough for her to be able to smell him - no one had been this close to her since Raoul! The panic was suddenly gone at once, when Sho lifted her chin , brushing his lips against hers, before placing a kiss on them. He had retreated before she was fully aware of what had happened. Rosemary could feel how her cheeks were burning up and with awkwardness she looked down, clenching her fingers around the hem of her blouse. "Y-Yes, let's sleep. I'll show you to your room." Walking around the table, towards the stairs, she mumbled: "Follow me," before she walked upstairs and stopped at his room again. On her lips she could still feel the touch of his lips and a soft smile appeared on her features. Licking her lips she tasted the distinct taste of the fish they'd eaten with a hint of the cigar he'd smoked. It was a strange combination, but strange enough, she seemed to like it. "Please make sure you rest well. I'll wake you in the morning," she told Sho when he'd made his way up as well.

[aww man, that sucks so much!! I totally know what that's like. ;w; I really like how awkward they are about this. xD]

Ohlol, I'm so enjoying Rosemary's reaction XD. Tomorrow's meeting will include Jazlyn XD.

Sho.

You're not like them. Not like them. The words echo in my mind and for some reason they have quite an impact on me. I've always seen myself, my last name as a pest I can't get rid of. My heritage.. had become a burden to me. I had to stay hidden, do my job from the shadows. Admitted, the first few months of my new existence were hell. I was a posh boy, used to riches and luxury. Sleeping on park benches wasn't the type of ordeal I expected. I held the advantage in physical fights as I was quite strong. And I needed that strength. Without it I would have been dead long time ago. Life on the streets was a total 180 to my life behind those walls. I stayed in Paris, Nice, even London or wherever I could find my sanctuary. I quickly discovered that there was none. I had to make my own sanctuary. And that became my mind, the sole place where I can control everything. And now.. even that is becoming brittle.
    'I think marrying you is enough compensation for what happened years ago.' I nod slowly. 'This Raoul.. I won't justify what he's done to you in the past, but I think my brother Raoul.. would have done the same. Maybe he's been torn between the choice of you and an Amboise. Maybe he really loved you, somewhere deep inside his heart. This family...' I say with a sad smile, 'can be really frightening. It's easy to fake the truth in the house of Amboise.'
    'I understand, I'll make sure you can take him away from there for some time. Perhaps under the motto of a holiday?' My lips part. Now I really have the urge to smoke. Holiday... shit. How am I going to.. Rosemary tells me that she has a house in Sweden and that Raoul's future wife could come along. I bite the inside of my cheek. That is a very good idea, theoretically speaking... but that means.. I won't be able to sneak out to a hotel room and that we have no choice but to share a room. Well, in that case I'll just sleep on the roof. I won't be getting much sleep anyway. I already have trouble sleeping in normal situations, right now will be bothersome.
    'Yes.. we could.. do that,' I say softly, still stuck in my head with the sleeping arrangements. The roof sounds pretty good. But I dislike the weather. It's always rainy in Sweden. Or too cold. Well, I'll come up with a plan by then. My brother's well being will be put first.
    'Y-Yes, let's sleep. I'll show you to your room,' she finally says and I follow her quickly. Once we're upstairs she tells me to rest well. I nod and wish her a goodnight before closing the door. I take a deep sigh and brush my hand through my hair. What a mess. I kissed her... I bloody kissed her! She must think I'm an idiot. I even think it right now. Yes, I'm such an idiot. I sigh and finally find a cigar. I need to smoke and quick.
    Silently I puff outside the window, thinking on how to survive the night. Sleeping will become bothersome, probably. But she's right. I need to have at least some rest. I toss the cigar away, close the window and take off my shirt and pants. On second thoughts.. I put the shirt back. Somehow I still feel naked. Maybe I should put the jogging pants.. no. I won't be having a minute of sleep then. This is frustrating. Just.. take it off. Yes. That's the best option. I'm safe here anyway. Probably. I take off my shirt and lie down in bed. This is.. annoying. I really feel naked. Maybe I should get a towel and- NO. Alois, cut it out. He's not here. No one's here. Nothing to worry about. Just lie down, relax and- wait, what was that? Alois!
    I take yet again a deep breath and calm my senses. Just a few hours, please a few hours.
    I kissed her. I really did. Shit. I was planning on sleeping. But that doesn't change anything of the fact that I kissed her. I'll apologize to her in the morning. Yes. But first sleep.
    When I open an eye - not sure if I really did sleep or not - birds already chirp in the woods and the first rays of sun illumine the air. It's morning. My head is about to burst. I drag myself out of bed, dress myself and open the door. I walk down the corridors to downstairs. I pass the room where Rosemary is sleeping. I've spent the night in the same house as this woman. This is.. strange.
    Once I'm downstairs I give myself the liberty to open the fridge. One big glass of milk coming up. I silently take a seat in the living room as I finally smoke one of my cigars. Yes this feels good indeed.

(so do I XD Sho's reaction is quite amusing too XD I love how they interact with each other and yes, their meeting will include jazz. ^^)

Rosemary

'So that's how it is, huh?' Rosemary thought to herself, when Alois told her that even the current Raoul might have reacted like their ancestor. And to a certain degree she could understand that he might have been torn with the choice of her or his family. It wasn't that, that made her sad, but just thinking that there might have been a possibility that he had loved her, was too much. Her face torn into a hurt expression, she realized that she should have been crying right now, but it had been so long ago that she last cried, that she had forgotten how to.
    Rosemary was happy when she was able to bring him upstairs and wished him goodnight in return. When he closed the door, she made her way towards her own room where she undressed and put on a long, dark blue night gown. When she looked out of the window, she couldn't help but think back at what had happened. Touching her lips softly, Rosemary now fully realized that he had kissed her. Squeaking softly, she bounced 180 degrees around, before pressing both hands in front of her mouth, afraid that Sho could have heard her. Chuckling softly, she made her way to the bathroom to brush her teeth and floss them. Walking back into her room, she closed her curtains, still feeling the soft touch of his lips. His lips... Oh gooooood. When did this happen?! How could she let anyone, an Amboise at that, get so close? Grasping her hair, Rosemary's thoughts raced through her head as her lips formed silent words. "oooh goood, what am I doing?" Softly gnawing at a fingernail, she paced through her room. Okay, they were getting married, tomorrow. Why on earth did she ever think that that was a good idea?! It was foolish! In slight despair, she threw her arms in the air, before letting herself fall onto the bed. Staring at the ceiling, she cursed herself in any way she knew, convinced that Sho would stab her in the back as soon as he had the chance to. This marriage was doomed to fail miserably before it was even sealed! Oh, but his lips... No! Why couldn't she stop thinking about that? He was a man, he had smoked and would have been dirty if she hadn't given him the chance to take a proper shower, so why? Whyyy couldn't she stop thinking about him? No wait, the kiss! Stop thinking about the kiss! That's what she meant! Ugh, why was all of this so confusing? Rolling onto her belly, Rosemary planted her face into her cushion, groaning. Why did that man manage to confuse her that much? She felt like smashing her face into the pillow several times, but refrained from doing so and looked to the side, hugging her cushion. Was it really a wise idea to marry Alois? No. But it was a secure way to get him back from France in one piece. That, and she would have her revenge. But if she had her revenge, then there'd be no reason for her to remain a warlock. She had to be honest with herself: she quite enjoyed the sight of fresh blood and she loved getting gems from the hunt. Even though she had released Sho as a hunter, he would still be her husband, even if they returned from France. Wait. Was that even true? She'd said that he could divorce her if they got back, hadn't she? ... "I don't want that..." Rosemary softly muttered, now crawling underneath her blanket. She had to admit it: she didn't want to be alone anymore. She didn't want Sho to divorce her, so... She'd have to convince him that she was a good wife. Nodding firmly, Rosemary decided that she would win Alois' heart for herself, before slowly drifting into sleep.

It was still dark outside and dusk and only just fallen, when Rosemary woke up with a jolt. The kitchen. They hadn't cleaned it yet. Putting on a training outfit, she made her way downstairs, where she started cleaning up the things they'd left there yesterday and continued with mopping the floor and picking up the cigar from the garden, throwing it into the bin. It was wet from the morning dew anyway. When she was done cleaning up the first floor, Rosemary put her hip long hair into a ponytail and went outside to go jogging. When she returned an hour later, she found Sho in the kitchen. Slightly surprisedshe looked at him, but greeted him: "good morning! Did you sleep well? I didn't expect you to be awake yet." Otherwise she would have taken the back door and snuck upstairs. Rosemary had a healthy how in her normally pale face from the work out and she hardly ever showed anyone her hair in a ponytail or loose. It was almost always pinned up into a neat hairdo. "if you want I can make us some breakfast after I've taken a shower?"

[ bericht aangepast op 18 juni 2013 - 10:59 ]

Sho.

I suddenly hear a door opening. Shit, she's already awake? I look at my cigar and realize it's too late to toss it away now. She'll kill me for this.
    'Good morning! Did you sleep well? I didn't expect you to be awake yet,' Rosemary says, not looking too offended by the fact that I'm smoking inside the house. Truth be told; I totally forgot that I should be smoking near a window. 'I'm sorry, I forgot uh.. I'll open this.' I clumsily get up a chair and open the window for the smoke to drift away. How stupid of me. I want to toss the cigar out, but realize that Rosemary might not like it. So I get to the kitchen, kill the fire and throw it in the bin. Our aqcuaintances may be a bit.. dubious, I'm still her guest and I should act like one.
    Sleep. Yes, my wonderful sleep. I'd be happy if I got two hours of blissful sleep. I spent most of that night turning, thinking, undressing and dressing myself. But one thing is beneficial: I didn't have a nightmare this night.
    'Yes, well. Uhm, I'm not a good sleeper. Four hours at max, if I'm lucky.' I should apologize for kissing her. 'But it was alright last night.' I really should. 'No trouble at all.' Damn it. I cursed again. Suddenly something else catches my attention.
    'You've been.. jogging?' I then ask, referring to her outfit. And I don't recall her hair being this long. She proposes to make breakfast after she's taken a shower. 'You can leave it to me. You've been working out and I don't wish to be a burden.' Since when have I become so caring? I huff at myself. 'Don't worry, I'll leave everything proper and clean, I promise.' Then quickly adding: 'And I won't smoke.'
    When she has finally left, I take a deep breath again. I still haven't apologized. I haven't said a word about that kiss. Perhaps I shouldn't make such a fuss about it either. I am so stupid. I need to get a grip on myself and quick.
    I open the fridge to see if there's anything for breakfast. I find bread, eggs, bacon, ham, cheese, jam, peanut butter, milk and orange juice. There are even some croissants. I take it all out and put some plates on the table. I'm not nearly so sophisticated as Rosemary is in these matters, but this is fine for me. I hesitate on what to do with the eggs. Perhaps wait until she's finished showering. I look at all the foods on the table and nod in approval. It doesn't look nearly as good as her meal yesterday, but it should be edible. After having yet again slept too little this should be fine for me.
    I sit at the table and wait silently for her to come down. My thoughts are already looking for a proper apology for that kiss.
    Sorry that I kissed you. My sincere apologies for kissing you. I shouldn't have kissed you out of the blue. I sigh. I'm no good at this. A part of me.. didn't even mind kissing her. I huff at myself. I'm such a stupid man at times.

ohlol this is such a crappy post :'].

Julian

When I turned to Lazu after bumping my head, I couldn’t help but notice he looked slightly panicked for a moment. But afterwards, he just smiled at me. A bit awkward, but it was still a smile. Before reaching for the sweater, I could softly hear him giggling again. It was still a nice sound. Today was the first time I heard it, but I can’t help but wonder if there will be more of it in the future. It sounds light and strangely innocent and it falls lightly on my ears. It’s just.. nice.. I shouldn’t read into sounds like this, especially not if it a sounds another human being makes. I dropped down beside him and asked him if he was feeling better.
    “I believe so,” he answered. Then he pulls the sweater over his head. Like I predicted, he’s nearly drowning in it. His hair contrast highly with the blue, but it looks really.. well, pretty, actually. It’s like that one thing, colourblocking. It suits him. It’s really bright and happy and somehow, I imagine Lazu as being a bright and happy person. Or I would like him to be. But he probably is, yes. Next to the nightmares, the being a gemchild and the tic, that is. Come on Julian, that doesn’t mean he’s not happy. Being a gemchild doesn’t equal being unhappy. It just equals being different and slightly fucked up, that’s all.
          My mind is seriously drifting off. The fact that he cocks his head to the side after he rolled up the sleeves and looks straight at me, isn’t really helping the situation. He smiles at me, slightly hesitant and I sent him a soft smile. He looks incredibly cute like this, almost makes me wish he’d always be running around in my sweaters. Wait, this is a weird thought. Why the hell would he do that anyway? It doesn’t even matter, he hates sweaters.
    “Looks great on you.” I manage a smile. He then snuggles into the sweater. Which, once again, looks really cute. Since when did I become a sucker for cute? It’s probably because nobody in this house is ever cute. Most of them are distant, and at times Bella is cute. When she’s cute I always think she’s cute, I’m just not as surprised at that as I am concerning Lazu. I feel like today we bonded in a strange way. Maybe because of my very stupid rescue mission, I really should have thought that through. But I ended up getting Lazu back home, after him.. having his hands slashed open.. Stop thinking about that. We’re both still alive.
          Suddenly, the relaxed mood seems to shift, as his cheek flush different shades of red. I wonder what made this reaction happen and then I realise I was looking straight at him most of the time, holding his gaze. Was that it? Had I made him uncomfortable up until the point he was shutting down? I sure hope not, that wasn’t my intention. I didn’t even do it on purpose, I kind of forgot I was staring at him..
    “I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. An effective way to deal with predators is to taste terrible. In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French; I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their language. Why are our days numbered, and not, say, lettered?” The quotes keep following each other. Some I recognise, others I don’t. And honestly? I don’t really follow all he’s saying. It’s hard to follow Lazu’s quote sometimes, especially if they are continues like now. He covers his face with his hands and stand up, and I look at him slightly worried. I follow his example and stand up too.
    “T-ThanksforthesweaterbutIshouldreallygonow. I-I'll g-g-get, get it ba-backtoyou s-soon,” he stuttered. I managed to get all his words, after thinking about them for a little while. It was rather endearing.
    “That’s okay Lazu, you can keep it as long as you like. You look better in it than I do anyway. Very cute.” I smile softly. And moments later, I feel like kicking myself for blurring out he looks cute. Why do I even notice him looking cute? Oh, well, because it was mighty obvious, maybe? I lightly chewed my bottom lip, downing the urge to blush, and then remember the books.
    “But before you go..” I pull out the books from my pockets and give him the one I got him.
    “Let me know what it’s like.” I smile again and hesitantly put my hand on his shoulder. It’s a small gesture, but I can’t help to think it’s a monumental one for this day.

[ bericht aangepast op 18 juni 2013 - 22:12 ]

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Lazu Jet Markl
    I'm vaguely aware that Julian is staring at me. Dark green eyes, flecks of brown, it all has the feeling of a forest about it. I like the forest. The forest is quiet, calming. No one else there, just me, words, birds, the cool water of the lake...
    “Looks great on you,” he suddenly says. He's smiling, and subconsciously, my hand moves to my ear. My fingertip lightly brushes over a little blue stud. I didn't like having the earring placed. It hurt. Why would anyone want someone else to cut through them like that? It was painful. Never again.
    But I was glad I had it. It made it easy it use my magic. Normally, people didn't even notice. Julian, being a gemchild himself, would. A blue shine went briefly over my vision as the magic run through my body. It was always an amazing feeling. It was even more amazing when I realized that Julian wasn't lying about anything.
    The fact that I know that, doesn't help the blush that suddenly appeared on my cheeks? God, what is wrong with me today? I have no reason to be blushing. Not because I realized that the sweater smelled strongly of Julian, and definitively not because he thought that I looked nice. Stop it, Lazu. Get a grip.
    I quickly cover my face with my hands, snuggling into the soft fabric of that blasted sweater. I hate sweaters! They're too tight or too big like this one and that should make it really uncomfortable and they're warm and sticky and always have that new-clothes-smell about them and I really hate them! I note that my breathing's been speeding up a bit. I need to calm down. I really need to. Yet, I don't. Because despite that little rant, I'm still absolutely comfortable in this sweater. Wow, it's hard trying to be friends with people. Especially if they're being as kind as Julian. It makes me feel... weirdly... cared about? I guess that's the best way to describe it. I don't interact much with anyone. I'll have a chat in the morning or during dinner. But that's it. That's all. I'd rather escape in books, between words and characters I know inside-out. But look how that back-fired. Being trapped in a bathroom, a knife against my throat, grabbing hands on my naked skin...
    I shiver, the terror still so fresh in my fucked-up mind.
    Quotes slip from my mind and out of my mouth, neither me or Julian are really able to follow it. I've stopped covering my face now, but I'm sure my cheeks are still pink-ish. When I get up, so does he. He's about four inches taller than me, but dressed in his huge, annoyingly comfortable sweater, I feel simply tiny next to him. There's worry in those forest eyes, and I hate that. I hate worry; please don't worry about me because I'm going to be fine. Tears well up, but I ignore them completely. Because I'm fine. I'm trapped in this screwed-up mind of mine, and that's fine. Floating among the words of others; I'll be fine. Take deep, calming breaths, because I'm fine.
    “That’s okay Lazu, you can keep it as long as you like.” No, you don't understand, I hate your stupid comfortable sweater. Don't let me keep it for too long, I might grow to love it. “You look better in it than I do anyway. Very cute.”
    My pink cheeks turn red again. Oh... Darn it! 'Stop it!' I tell myself. 'Stop blushing like you're a teenager with a crush! Because yes, Julian is nice, and kind, but your feelings don't work that way anymore. They're drowned out by the words and emotions of characters, famous people and songs because of your stupid tic!'
    I need to take calming breaths, but it's not working. My breathing just speeds up. The tears blur my vision. Julian looks like an alien now. With dark green globs for eyes and a pink/purple stain on his shirt. I giggle, the sound slightly manic or hysterical, or whatever stupid, useless, annoying word you want to use for it. It's a sound of some kind.
    Wow, for some reason, words are annoying to me today. They've changed from a safe haven to a prison. Yet, I can't stop them. They're so necessary.
    Julian briefly smiles. It's a soft smile. It looks nice, and again the 'handsome hero' analogy pops up in my head. He's kind, he's actually quite good-looking if I have to be completely honest with myself, he saved me from the Hunter even though he didn't have to... It was such a completely selfless gesture... And I really need to go. I should... Yeah, I should go.
    I mean, it's normal to feel this safe near the one who basically saved your life. It's normal that - despite really having to leave before I start crying - I really don't want to.
    I glance at Julian, who's chewing his bottom lip, looking nervous. I don't blame him. I noticed over the years that I could easily make people nervous. I have that effect sometimes. Who wouldn't be nervous around a kid that spouts random things that don't make sense?
    “I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than closed by belief,” I whisper to myself, wiping the tears roughly from my eyes. “Then again,” I add in my own words, “I would rather have a mind that's not so fu- messed up.” I quickly replace the swear-word, just to be polite. To be honest, I would be comfortable too if I were Julian. I'm acting like a complete fool. It's the shock, I think. Today's events have shaken me to my core. And for once, the thought of walking away and being on my own, terrifies me.
    “But before you go..” I blink at Julian, who pulls some books from his pocket. I blink at them. Oh. Books! Blasted, cursed, terrible, amazing, wondrous, amazing books. Pages filled with words to drift around me, comfort me, trap me, imprison me. He hands me one and I take it, staring at the cover.
    “Let me know what it’s like.” With a smile, Julian puts a hand on my shoulder. His hand feels warm, the weight of it comforting. I take a few deep breaths.
    “T-Thank you,” I manage. I'm pretty sure my cheeks are still pink, but I try and ignore that fact. “I-I like books.” Oh dear God, talk about stating the obvious, you blooming idiot. I repress the urge of slamming the book against my head. I didn't actually expect Julian to get me a book, and to be honest, I'd forgotten that he was going to town today. You know, kind of got distracted when someone tried to kill me.
    Well, actually, a nagging voice in my head says, she wouldn't have killed you. She was going to keep you as a pet to play with and to torture and-
    Okay, time to shut up. I shiver a bit and press the book close to my chest. My hair falls over my eyes, so I don't actually see Julian's face at the moment. God, it really is blue, I note. It's like....
    “TARDIS-blue,” I say very seriously. “I should dye my hair.” This hair colour is stupid. I manage to look at Julian again and try to smile.
    “T-Thank you, for the book,” I manage to say softly, this time without stuttering. I wipe a tear from the corner of my eye; I'd missed it the first time. “A gift in season is a double favour to the needy.” I force a smile onto my lips. Try and not seem like a total spastic, Lazu, please. The man saved your life, the least you can do is be grateful and leave him alone instead of bothering him.
    “I-I should.. go.” I hold my hand out, offering to shake his hand. I'm not good with goodbye's. Do we hug again, do I shake your hand, do I just walk off? I don't bloody know.

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze
    I groan when Bella starts to laugh. The girl is laughing at my misery, perhaps she is more like Raisa than she first has appeared to be. Of course, Raisa has always helped me when I’d once again hurt myself, but only after having broken into a fit of giggles first. I remember this particular time; our whole family had come together for Christmas dinner and I’d been so hungry I had all but attacked the roast mother had made when it came to the table. But then someone had rung the doorbell and, enthusiastic as I always am, I had run to open the door. Of course, I had been to hasted to properly put my fork down first and being my clumsy self I had fallen, tripping over my own feet. The fork ended up sticking out of my shoulder. Raisa couldn’t eat anymore because it required a fork and she couldn’t help laughing at the sight of one.
    “Sorry! It's just… It's just not your day,” Bella giggles.
    I snort and giggle some myself, if only she knew how wrong she is in thinking that. The truth is that today I’m actually having quite a good day. On any given day I would have fallen down, stumbled, tripped, bumped or ran into something at least more times by this hour of the day. It’s a good thing I heal fast, or I would be covered in bruises.
    I am a little –not to say a lot surprised when she strips me of my hoody again. But before I can tense up, I relax at the sight of her wearing it. That’s an innocent enough reason. It’s not as much to my liking when she picks me up again like there’s no effort to it at all. I know I’m scrawny, but I need not be reminded of it. Another thing that irks me is that she actually has the nerve to put me on my stomach, as if I’m a mere suckling babe that needs his bottom checked for rashes. It is kind of humiliating to have your arse checked out like this by a kind and attractive girl such as Bella.
    “This might hurt a little. I'm going to check if you did break anything or not.”
    Well, at least we will have put the most awkward thing thinkable of behind us, right? Unless a snake would bite my penis, but I’m not even going to think about that.
    “Oh!” I blurt out when she starts groping my ass. Well, that was a tad unexpected, even considering the situation. I notice how she takes her time and how slowly she pulls her hands away.
    “It's not broken. I think you bruised the bones though.. You should be more careful.”
    I’ve lost count of how many times I have burst into laughter today, but here I go again. I raise an eyebrow as I look at Bella.
    “Do you honestly think I do not try to be careful?” I laugh. “I cannot help it, gravity just seems to hold a grudge against me.”
    I turn over, so I am on my side and watch Bella with a little grin.
    “And just so you know, not every man takes kindly to being manhandled like that. But I do hope you have enjoyed yourself by feeling me up.”
    I take the hood of my sweater and put it over Bella’s hair. Then, without warning I pull the cords of it, shutting it over half of her face.
    “I told you already that I’m not that kind of guy,” I laugh. “That’s what you get for peeping.”

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

“Sorry? Can you repeat that?” says Raisa after a long period of silence. I turn around as I notice she is struggling to get the words out. When I see her cheeks glistening with tears, I feel a very overwhelming pain in my chest. It actually makes me stumble and clutch the nearest book shelf. Suddenly I feel like crying myself, and I can’t be sure if I actually am or not. Never once before have I seen Raisa cry. I’ve seen her sad, or lost in some ancient memory many times. But actual tears, those are very new to me. I wonder if she senses something is about to happen. It could explain why she is letting her guard down like this en plein publique.
    When I feel confident enough that my knees won’t give out on me, I rush over to her and sit myself down at her feet. I am just about to put my head in her lap when I realize she’s probably in need of a bit more affection than this. So I pull myself up again and crawl upon her lap. After taking her arms and putting them around me, I softy kiss her head.
    “Il faut pas pleurer,” I quietly tell her. When I get too overwhelmed, my brain tends to make me speak French. Good thing I’m Canadian, and actually able to. I’d hate to sound like Joey Tribbianni.
    With a sight I put my arms around Raisa as well and hold her tight. My gem is beating erratically against my chest. To be completely honest I find seeing Raisa like this terrifying. And what scares me even more is that I can’t do shit to help her. I catch myself stroking her hair, in an attempt to calm her down. I should leave something for her too, something big, something meaningful. I’ll figure something out, but right now this is not my main priority. Right now, Raisa needs to be soothed.
    “Is your tattoo hurting too much? Shall I go punch Snake in the face?” I ask her, trying to make her laugh and to subtly shift the topic in order not to make her feel uncomfortable. I let go of her and gently wipe away the tears. Carefully I smile at her. I want to speak, but I’m at loss for words. I can’t even begin to explain how I feel about seeing her like this. She looks so broken, so different from the strong woman I’ve always seen.
    “Do you want to go home? We can come back later if you like,” I offer then. Or I could come back alone, even though I’m not a fan of leaving the house by myself. I could understand if she’d want to retreat to the privacy of her own room, hell that even sounds good to me right now. Or I could not come back, probably won’t, seeing as Lazu is going to skin me alive when I give him his ruined copy of Requiem for a Dream back. Although, how strong could he really be? And wouldn’t Raisa interfere? She doesn’t when we bicker, but I doubt she’d let us maim each other.

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Julian

I noticed it. The small gesture, almost looking like he pushed a strand of hair behind his ear. But he didn’t. His fingers flicked over the small earring, stud, or whatever you wanted to call it, which holds his lapus lazuli stone. Which means.. Did he think I was lying? Somehow, that thought stung a bit. I don’t like lying and, if possible, I would never do it. Especially not over trivial things like this.
          So yeah, that did set me back a bit. But I could understand. It was probably a tic most of had. Or, well, the ones with dormant powers like mine and Lazu. I always clasp my hand around my necklace when I’m around people, or when I’m unsure of what they’re feeling. I always used to do that before going into a room, assess every presence. I used to do it when I first got here too. I used my magic all the time around the strange people who had yet to earn my trust at that point. But then Raisa figured out what my gift was and pointed out it was quite rude for me to read people’s feelings. Feelings should be personal and not out in the open. So I dimmed it down, at least in the house. I still do it sometimes, most of the time accidentally or out of habit. Maybe that’s why Lazu did this. I hope it’s that, because the thought of him thinking I’d lie to him isn’t all that nice.
          More so, he started blushing after touching his earring. Okay, maybe he did think I wasn’t telling him the absolute truth and wanted to be sure. But.. why would he blush about me telling him he looked nice in my sweater? Why would I lie about that anyway? Okay, my thoughts are going around in circles here. Stop it Julian, you’re making yourself crazy. He looks cute when he blushes though. Even more so with the bright blue of his hair. I should give him a sweater for his birthday. And Christmas. And tell him he’d hurt my feelings if he doesn’t wear them. Somehow, Lazu seems like the kind of guy who would hate hurting anybody’s feeling. But.. Well, he’d know that I was lying.
          Soon after we both get up, his eyes fill up with tears. It.. is strangely unnerving. I honestly do not like it when people cry, it makes me feel powerless. I bite down the urge to grab my amethyst to read his feelings. Feelings are private, Julian. You can’t read and manipulate them at your will. Well, I can, but I shouldn’t. Don’t. No matter how much you want to make it all better. The urge is strong though, but I hold it back anyway.
          He starts blushing again once I tell him he can keep my sweater for as long as he likes. Or maybe the blush was because I told him he looked cute in it. I just knew that was the wrong thing to say the moment I said it. His breathing speeds up and the tears, well, they’re not exactly disappearing. A hysterical giggle leaves his lips. Okay, I must say, I did not like that giggle. This isn’t the cute and warm sound he made before and for a moment I wonder about the possibility of him jumping me. In a bad way. But then I realise it’s Lazu and that thought is crazy. I hand him the book.
          “T-Thank you. I-I like books.” I chuckle a bit. It’s obvious Lazu loves book, judging by the walls of shelves all stacked with them. His mind seems to wonder off for a bit and then he shivers. The book is pulled close to his chest and this time, I cannot repress the urge to clasp my free hand around the amethyst. I feel the soothing magic run through my veins and warm my nerves. I feel highly aware of how I feel. And then Lazu’s feelings hit me. He’s nervous and stressed and.. well, basically the best words to describe his feels is ‘freaking out’. That’s not good. I gently force some of the nerves out of his system and then drop my hand from the stone.
          I can’t do much and I don’t think Lazu would be happy if I’d turn him into a stoner. Not that my powers stretch that far, but still. I honestly do not know what to do. My mind is racing, grasping random memories and feelings in order to come up with something, anything. His hair has fallen into his face, making it impossible to actually look through it. He notes how it’s TARDIS-blue and he should dye it. I gently stroke the hair out of his face in the spur of the moment. Okay, that’s probably something I shouldn’t have done. He looks at me again.
    “T-Thank you, for the book.”
    “You’re welcome Lazu.” I nearly whispered that.
    “I-I should.. go.” He wiped a tear from the corner of his eye and held out his hand. Which is rather.. Odd, I suppose. I mean, we live in the same house, for crying out loud. We never shake hands around here. And then, my mind clicks.
          Without even over thinking it, I take his hand and, for the second time today, pull him close to me. Encircling him in a hug. It feels strangely comfortable, standing here like this. Like it’s something we do everyday. Maybe it’s just because I have such a lack of attention in this house, that I am just craving for some hugs from someone other than Raisa. Or maybe, just maybe, I just cannot stand it when he cries. Something about him is just so fragile, and I cannot complete ignore my feelings. Besides.. Isn’t that what friends do..? Try to comfort their friends? I suppose so. Yeah, that’s what it is, plain and simple as that. Besides, we nearly died together. That should count for something, right?
    “Lazu, would you mind calming down? There’s nothing you should be freaking out over.” My tone is light and I smile slightly. I don’t think anyone has ever freaked out by just being around me. I can smell my sweater, its scent is heavy on my nose, combined with a small hint of Lazu.
    “And don’t you dare dye your hair. It’s a nice colour. Bright and uplifting. Besides, dying your hair would ruin it. I bet it won’t be as soft as it is now after that. And, well, blue is my favourite colour.” It is. I like blue.
    “Especially TARDIS-blue.” I chuckle. I probably sound like an idiot. He wanted to leave, Julian. Not be pulled into a hug. He didn’t ask for you to hug him, he didn’t ask for you to calm his nerves and he certainly did not ask for you to blabber on about his hair. I should really let go of him and let him get to his room. Blubbering idiot.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Lazu Jet Markl
    “T-Thank you. I-I like books.” Julian chuckles when I say this, but he looks quite unnerved. As if something made him uncomfortable. I cock my head to the side slightly, my eyesight blurred by tears. Maybe it's because of the tears that I think he looks distraught. Maybe he's fine. Or maybe I'm awful to be around. I press the book close to me and watch Julian move his hand. It's a sudden movement, one that almost seems like a habit. Something he can't help. He takes hold of his necklace. Amethyst. He's using his magic. Interested, I watch. Not surprisingly, I instantly feel slightly calmer. Wow. That's pretty neat. I smile slightly. I would love a power like that. Okay, it's a bit rude, but to be able to see and manipulate the feelings of those around you.. Well, let's just say I'd abuse the privilege. I'm probably glorifying it a bit, but I still think it's better than my useless power. To know when people are lying. I won't know what they're lying about or anything. Or which part of their sentence is a lie. If someone said 'I didn't steal his money' and I'd sense a lie, that could mean a lot. Did he borrow it instead? Did he steal someone else's money? Did he steal something else of that person? You get the gist.
    Julian's hand drops from his necklace and strokes the hair from my face. These little movements keep surprising me. They're so.. unfamiliar to me.
    “T-Thank you, for the book.”
    “You’re welcome Lazu.” His voice is nothing more than a whisper, and that really hits me. For a soft sound, it echoes in my ears as if he just said something very intense, instead of a simple 'thank you'. I like the way his whisper sounds. I also note the way my name roles off his lips; carefully and gently. For some reason, being around Julian calms me down and terrifies me at the same time. He gives me so many emotions at once, that being near him is like sitting in a very long, deadly roller-coaster. I have to take deep breaths to prevent another freak out. Our feelings are our most genuine paths to knowledge, I tell myself, unsure who's quote it is. Maybe this is good for me. Yes. Being friends with Julian will be good. I need change; I need safety.
    “I-I should... go.” Julian looks at me like I'm an alien from Doctor Who when I offer him my hand. And then he moves unexpectedly to pull me into his arms. Uh, oh. We're doing the hugging-thing again now, which I guess is quite nice. His hugs are warm. Normally, only Raisa hugs me. Bella tries, but... Bella will eat me. So I slowly lean my forehead on Julian's shoulder. He smells like the sweater, which smells like him. I'm going in circles here. It smells musky and sweet at the same time, unfamiliar and safe. And not like coffee; God I hate coffee, it smells disgusting. I close my eyes briefly, just leaning against Julian quietly. My arms are hanging uselessly by my sides until I force them to awkwardly circle around Julian's waist. I'm not sure if he wants me to hug him back, and somehow, it feels like I'm doing something very wrong. Overstepping a boundary, going too close, being weird... Yet it also feels very right. So I say fuck it to all that and nuzzle into him. Deep breaths. This isn't weird. Julian and I are friends. He saved my life and I am grateful. I basically owe him my life. So this is fine. There's nothing weird about this, Lazu.
    “Lazu, would you mind calming down? There’s nothing you should be freaking out over.” I can't help it. Another giggle escapes my lips. It's not the scary, manic one. I hadn't liked that. It was weird. I had felt so out of control in that moment; it was terrifying. This one was soft, maybe even a warm sound. It relaxed me slightly. I didn't think this was Julian's magic. It was just his words and his presence that forced my body to relax slowly. Suddenly, the hug felt more natural. It was nice; the physical affection, the way our bodies were pressed closely together in the hug...
    “And don’t you dare dye your hair. It’s a nice colour. Bright and uplifting. Besides, dying your hair would ruin it. I bet it won’t be as soft as it is now after that. And, well, blue is my favourite colour.” Suddenly, I'm very thankful for the hug. My face is pressed against his shoulder, and Julian won't be able to see that my face once again matches the sweater. I'm not fond of the blue. It's so... 'in-your-face'. But Julian doesn't seem to be lying. I'm tempted to use my magic, but I decide against it. Julian sincerely thought I looked cute. So he wasn't lying about this. Julian's safe. Julian is truthful. I can atleast count on that.
    “Especially TARDIS-blue,” he chuckles.
    “First things first,” I say very seriously, my voice muffled. I am still nuzzling against his shoulder. The movement makes me feel warm and safe on the inside. “But not necessarily in that order.” Great, and now I'm quoting doctor Who. Bloody tic. I really hope everyone still thinks I'm doing this on purpose. I smile shyly, peeking up at him. I hope my face doesn't look red.
    “Feelings are like toes! They have to breathe free or they'll stink to high heaven,” I say softly. “I'm sorry for freaking out. I'm.. I'm not.. exactly having a good day.” Hey, honesty. There's a good start. “Thank you for... calming me down.” Not just by using his magic. But by being there. By being a calm rock in my ocean of sudden emotions. Fear is the biggest one there, if I have to be honest. I get scared. And then I hide in books, between pages and behind letters. Or in Julian's hugs. I like that hiding place the best right now. I glance up at his face, a careful smile on my lips. The hug lasts longer than the other one did, but I don't mind. This is normal for friends, right? I don't know. I just know that I'm calm and enjoying myself.
    “Walt Disney was afraid of mice,” I say seriously. My hands fidget slowly with the fabric of Julian's shirt. It's near his lower back, where my hands rest during the hug. It's comforting for my hands to be doing something. “That's sort of ironic, considering he created Mickey and Minnie. I quite like Disney films. My favourite is Sleeping Beauty. The meeting-sequence is adorable and the music brilliant. Maleficent terrifies me, but I love how the Prince saves her life. I also like how he was disgusted by the thought of marrying her when he was a kid.” Oh dear God, word vomit. But, no quotes! No tic! This is wonderful. This is more like what I'm like on a good day. A quote here and there, not the endless stream I had this morning. I must've looked like a total retard. I smile shyly and nuzzle back into Julian's shoulder. Right. Leaving. Not happening. I'm comfortable.
    “I know I said I was leaving...” I said, my voice much, much softer now. He could probably barely hear me, as I was still nuzzling his shoulder. “But I'm really comfortable... Sorry...” Well, I'm actually not really that sorry. I just hope it doesn't annoy him. I'm not used to this much physical affection, but I find that I rather like it. I glance up at his face to see how he'll react to that.

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Bella
    I smile shyly at his look of confusion as I steal his hoody, but watch as he relaxes again. I probably should have asked before stealing his hoody, but it felt weirdly... Natural for me to just pull it off of him and slide it over my own head to snuggle it. Then there was a flash of slight annoyance when I picked him up. I flinched a little bit at that, I mean hey, it wasn't my fault I'm stupidly strong for a female, sheesh... My daddy taught me a little too well, I suppose, if I can easily pick him up. I figure I could also pick up my brothers, but I'd never had the chance to try. Fiyero and Julian were always doing their own thing, and Lazu was absolutely terrified of me, which really didn't make me feel very good. I know I'm a cannibal, but I'm not a heathen. I only eat my family members after their deaths, to honour their memory. I mentally facepalmed myself, realizing that I'd quoted a character from Red Dragon without thinking about it. Lazu would have been proud, if he'd known about it – and wasn't terrified of me being anywhere near him, anyway.
    “Oh!” I hear Lev suddenly come up with when I put my hands on his ass, making me blush even more. Get a grip on yourself Bella. Just because he's being nice and non-judgemental of the way you were brought up, does not mean he's interested in you. You're a freak of nature, remember? You have no reason to be here, much less expect someone as sweet and gentle as Lev to actually love you. No-one could, no-one will. You're only around until someone manages to kill you to pull out the sparkling rock in your chest. Tears start to burn at my eyes again, but I blink them away forcefully. It was bad enough that Lev had seen me have a fit, without him seeing me cry as well. No-one saw me cry. Ever.
    I pull my attention away from the depressing thoughts when Lev starts laughing, and I find myself smiling again. His laugh was beautiful, like him. It made me happy.
    “What did you ever do to gravity?” I asked seriously, watching him turn around. Then I flushed at his next sentence, but thankfully he pulled the hood closed over my face so he couldn't see how cherry-red I'd gone. I flapped my hands a little, before coughing a little. “I'm s-sorry.” I stammered, unsure if we were still joking or not. I didn't want to have offended him.... Maybe next time I had to pick him up, I should make it seem like hard work? But what if he then assumes that he's on the large side? That wouldn't be good either... My mind raced, fretting about things that I had no say in or control over. Tears welled up and splashed down my cheeks, making little damp patches on the hood. I was seriously going to have to talk to Raisa about letting me get the implant or something, anything to try and stop my damned mood swings. I guess it was around that time of the month, and decided to put the blame of my up-down-up-down emotions on that. That was much easier to accept in my head.

Raisa
    I blink startled when pain flashes across Fiyero's face, and he stumbles and holds onto a bookcase. It took me a few seconds to realise that his reaction was because of the stream of tears down my cheeks, which was still showing no signs of stopping. I watch him rush over to me to sit down at my feet, before crawling instead onto my lap. I held onto him tightly when he wrapped my arms around his waist, and I buried my face into his shoulder to finish my cry in peace and relative privacy. I felt Fiyero's kiss on the top of my head as a brand, and clung tighter. I felt his hand move through my hair as well – he was trying to get me to calm down. The least I could do was try and calm down... I could deal with the over-load of emotions later, away from my children. I forgot that I never cried in front of them, and for a reason. They needed someone they could depend on, someone strong. I made myself that person, so obviously I couldn't start bawling my eyes out each time something hurts me, could I? So I didn't.
    I giggle shakily, and shake my head.
    “Don't punch him, he seemed like a sweet guy.” I fluttered my eyelashes at him teasingly, ignoring the way they stuck to each other from the tears. “I can see why you always go to him to get your new ink.” The light joking and teasing helped to calm me down even more, and I carefully wiped under my eyes after Fiyero removed the most of them. I forced myself to pull myself back together again, back to being the strong woman I usually am.
    “Nah, I'm alright.” I smiled at him and looked around, before pointing. “There's Requiem for a Dream, by the way.” I told him with a cheeky smile. “Try not to give this one a swimming lesson, alright?”

[ bericht aangepast op 22 juni 2013 - 18:10 ]

This is going to be my first English RPG post, whoo :Y) I introduce to you, Blake Skyler.
    Oh, and since I didn't have any knowledge of where Alvaro was staying and his characteristics, I just came up with something vague.

Blake Skyler
    She almost literally rolled out of her bed when she finally woke up. It sure had been a tough night, she thought while she tried to ignore that afwul headache she got from the alcohol. She couldn't clearly remember anything from the night before, only that she came home from another hopeless hunt for these stupid Gem Children. She probably couldn't bear the thought that the Warlocks surely would hurt Evan again, since she was such a hopeless hunter. Blake sighed and stumbled towards the bathroom, almost falling over the empty bottle that was lying on the ground. She didn't dare to look in the mirror, just opened the cabinet and grabbed the box of aspirines. When she had taken the aspirines she finally took a look in the mirror. She looked afwul. Her short hair was a mess, it pointed out in al possible directions. Her face was even paler than it usually was, which only made the dark circules beneath her eyes stand out even more. Many people would say they liked theyr eyes most about their own body, but even this didn't count for Blake at the moment. "Geez, I'm getting far too slender.." she murmured while pinching her cheek softly. "No wonder I don't have a boyfriend." What was meant as self-mockery made her feel enormously sad. "Girl, you don't have time for this nonsense." It wasn't the first time she talked to herself, to try and cheer herself up.
    Blake took her clothes off and dragged herself under the shower. The cold water made her feel more alive and she quickly washed her body. "Far too slender," she repeated softly, while looking down at her body. You could almost count her ribs, but she wasn't such a big eater. To be honest, she didn't have much apetite since they took her brother away. How could she possibly eat with such troubles? Gosh, hopefeully he was still alive, she hadn't seen him in a while. Little Evan who always tried to be strong and brave, even when he was scared as hell. It made her proud that he had been thorugh so much and still was with her. Thinking about Evan always made her want to cry, but she pulled herself together. She wanted him to be proud of her too, but nothing could beat up against her desire to want him back. She didn't only want to see him for a brief moment, talk with him with the Warlocks being there too. A normal life for her and her brother, but mostly her brother was what she was willing to fight for. Even though it could cost her own life. While she dried herself and put some clothes on she decied that she definitely was going to find a Gem Child.
    Blake had never been a girly type, which was once proved again when she put on her clothes. They were simple, like always. It was the least she could care about at the moment, but at the same time it felt safe to put some clothes on that she used as protection. The clothes didn't look like they were being wore by someone so fragile. The clothes Blake put on were dark trousers, pretty skinny too. A military green, simple top with her leather jacket. Her feet were wrapped in her combat boots that she find look tough and which just were really comfortable. To finish her look, Blake tried to hide the dark circles and her pale skin with some make-up. Her lips became darkred and she put heavy make-up on her eyelids. Her lashes were extended with a black mascara. "That will do." Her voice didn't sound as convenient as she always wanted it to be, but then again, it would do.

That morning Blake wandered around in the city and the surroundings, but like always, she didn't know where to start. What could she do? She was a young woman who's life had taken a very unlucky turn, not some epic assassin from a movie. When it was around 12 o'clock she realized she hadn't eaten anything that day and went to a lunchroom. She bought a sandwich and made herself comfortable at a table in front of the lunchroom. She sat there alone, eating her sandwich and though it was tasty, she had to toss away half of it. When she was done she paid for the sandwich and took a cigarette. She lightened the cigarette and inhaled the smoke, it made her feel calm. "Look mummy!" she heard and looked up, just in time to see the mother drag away the child, saying that 'she could probably be a junkie'. With a hollow gaze she watched them fade away in the crowd.
    After some time had passed by the waitress came to ask if she wanted to order something else and if she wasn't planning on ordering anymore, if she could leave. "Sure," Blake said and stood up. It was aready time for her to go, because it also was a long time ago she informed Alvaro. She kept procrastinating, since she hated to go over and tell him she still didn't achieve anything. It felt like signing her brother's death verdicht/sentence (?) and that was the last thing she wanted.
    With feet that felt suddenly heavy as hell, she started walking towards Alvaro's home. He wasn't that bad, but he was still a Warlock what made her hate him.

It didn't take long for Blake to reach Alvaro's home. How long had it been since she last knocked on his door? One week, maybe even two? She took her cigarette from between her lips and let it fall on the ground, whereafter she made it out with her shoe. "Here goes nothing" she whispered and rang the bell. She let her hands rest on her hips while she looked away, with eyes that didn't see. All she could think of was her little brother and how she wasn't able to help help him so far.

In the end the only person we love is ourselves, that's why we choose to love someone who can please us the most.