• Treasure Chests

All That Glitters Isn't Gold

Magic: It's still very much alive in this world. Warlocks, masters of this magic, still live among us, hidden from Human sight. A few centuries ago, a strong warlock made a very strange discovery. When too much magic manifests in an infant's body, it crystallises in the infant's chest in the form of a gemstone. These 'Gem children' grow up as very sickly babies before turning into very strong humans. The warlocks did not care for the child and killed it to harvest the gemstone from its chest. For a while, the warlock was the most powerful of his kind thanks to the raw power of this gemstone. Then his secret came out.
    Ever since, the Gem children have been ruthlessly hunted down. Rare as they are, they already face extinction. Not all Warlocks could be bothered to hunt for this power. And this was how the Hunters were created. Humans were chosen to be charmed with a special strength, and they were blackmailed into doing the Warlocks' dirty work. This was easy until one exceptionally strong Warlock, Raisa Romaine Dvornikov, build a house and charmed it to protect the Gemchildren. Any gemchild was welcome, but Hunters would be unable to breath when they crossed the threshold into the building.
    This RPG follows the gemchildren, the warlocks, their hunters and their stories.

RPG Rules
    1)English only
    2)6 line minimum per post; (12 minimum if you have two characters in the post)
    3)2 characters maximum;
    4)Anything unrelated to the RPG in the chat topic;
    5)No killing a character without permission of the owner;
    6)No 'perfect characters'. Each character must have a few flaws;
    7)Wait 2-3 posts before replying again;

Rules related to Gemhearts
    1)They must have one personality trait that related to their Heartstone; (Find the list of traits here)
    2)They can only use their special ability when they are holding a stone similar to their heartstone in their hand;
    3)They are either taken into the protection house by Raisa the Warlock, or they hear about it and find it themselves;
    4)They are allowed to leave the protection house, but it is dangerous.

Rules related to Warlocks
    1)Warlocks don't just snap their fingers to use their magic. They use long spells, runes and potions to achieve their goals;
    2)They are not all powerful.;
    3)They can't bring people back from the dead.
    4)Warlocks can track the movements of their Hunter, but not read their mind or anything.

Rules related to Hunters
    1)Hunters are normal non-magical people who get blackmailed by the Warlocks to kill Gemchildren.
    2)They wear an enchanted necklace which gives them more strength than normal Humans and helps them tell Normal children from Gemhearts.

Roles:

Gem Children
    1) Female – Diamond – Bella Lumière – Shinibubbles
    2) Male – Lapis Lazuli – Lazu Markl – Escritura
    3) Male – Black Onyx – Fiyero Gabrielle Arch – Theodora
    4) Male – Amethyst– Julian Rowland – Yoda

Hunters and Warlocks
    1) Hunter – Female – Jazlyn Ophelia Delaney – Tortura
    2) Hunter – Female – Aerilyn Suraya Guangco – PlagueRat
    3) Hunter – Female – Blake Skyler – Ubiquitous
    3) Hunter – Male – Jaimes Avril Ashley – Escritura
    4) Hunter – Male – Alois Amboise – Hashirama
    5) Warlock – Female – Raisa Romaine Dvornikov – Shinibubbles
    6) Warlock – Female – Rosemary Aventurine Albus - PlagueRat
    7) Warlock – Male – Izan Alvaro Ruiz – Tortura
    8) Warlock – Male – Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze – Theodora

Story!

Chat Topic!

[ bericht aangepast op 5 aug 2013 - 14:42 ]

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

“Fiyero?“ he whispers. With a mighty big effort, I manage to pull away a little from him, so I can see his face. He looks so… lost. And the bad part is that it’s actually endearing somehow. I can’t conjure the otherwise so present hate for him. Right now there is something about him that makes me want to cradle him and tell him that whichever ghosts are haunting him, they don’t have to and he doesn’t have to let them. But then again, who am I to lecture him about letting go? I know well enough that my own past has led me to try and repulse everyone that gets to near… almost everyone.
    “That sounds like a Goblin name.” His voice brings me back into the present and I blink at him. If I didn’t know any better I would think he made a joke. Still, I laugh softly, as I now imagine myself deep under the mountain, trying to keep a bunch of dwarfs accompanied by a Hobbit from escaping my kind. I hardly agree with Jaimes, as in my head Goblin names would rather be a series of grunts and ancient sounds.
    And suddenly instead of just lost, Jaimes looks like he’s lost to the world around him, as if he’s in some faraway land of which only he knows how to reach it. He reminds me of Raisa now, when she is being ambushed by her own memories and tricked into sadness. The way he is staring into my eyes makes me feel uncomfortable beyond description.
    “Please just go away…” he suddenly whispers. I cock my head and stare at him in utter surprise. I would get off him, except that I’m frozen. I shouldn’t be upset by this, it doesn’t make sense for me to be. But I am. I do feel upset that he doesn’t want me here, even if I myself have claimed to not enjoy his company. It’s just that I’ve let my walls down, ever so slightly and already he’s throwing it back into my face. I swallow hard against the rising lump in my throat, and just when I’m about to get up and leave, Jaimes speaks again.
    “I-I mean… You’ve won the game, after all. So what do you want as your prize, sexy?” I raise an eyebrow and become immobile again. How is it that this guy manages to get me dumbfounded so often? I just honestly don’t know what to make of his behaviour. And suddenly it strikes me like a lightning bolt; it’s like I’m looking into a mirror. This must be how I come across to other, minus the narcissism. But then again, who is really like that? He can’t be serious when he flatters himself like that, can he? I find myself shaking my head and staring at Jaimes in pure horror.
    “I- I didn’t know there was a prize involved,” I say, just to say something really. I get off Jaimes and sit myself down next to him, wrapping my arms around my knees and holding them tight to my chest. I avert my gaze and hide half of my face behind my knees, so only my eyes are peeking above them and I can look at the water.
    “And what could I possibly want from you?” I add, my voice soft. A swift kill? At this point I couldn’t care less about that anymore. After all, it won’t matter when I’m dead. The suffering will be the only thing I’ve left behind, so what’s some more before I reach the end?
    Unknowingly I start rocking myself, and quietly start reciting the poem from earlier.
    “Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
    Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
    But the silence was unbroken, and the darkness gave no token” I whisper to myself, trying my hardest not to cry, shying further away from Jaimes.
    I can’t explain this sudden heaviness in my chest, I don’t know why all of a sudden breathing seems like the toughest task I have ever attempted to complete. Silently I slip my pinkie into my belly button ring again, covering the little Onyx orb with my hand. Although the shimmering does not physically change me, it soothes me emotionally.

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

“He means, sweetheart, pay attention because I'm going to teach you how to get your boyfriend on the floor.” I look at Raisa, startled at her choice of words.
    Apparently my sister had been expecting this, as she uses my momentary surprise to her advantage. Suddenly I find myself underneath her and already she has pinned my hands to the ground, above my head. When she starts tickling me, I burst into laughter and start to wriggle.
    “He's most ticklish here, here and here.”
    When I notice I will never be able to free myself by squirming like this, I start zoning out. Hey, if it works for pain, surely it must work for tickling too. My laughter turns into chuckling and soon enough I’m able to concentrate on a plan instead of Raisa’s sweet torturing fingers.
    “Mama, you're supposed to be older then the dinosaurs! Why're you acting like a toddler?”
    Bella’s comment makes me laugh again and I grin deviously at my cousin, ere turning my head and winking at young Bella.
    “Ah, but see,” I tell her as I try to ignore the tickling. “Your mother, she might be compared to a T-Rex; she is swift and fierce but sometimes her reach just isn’t far enough,” I chortle. In one quick movement, I wrap my legs around Raisa’s waist and lift up my lower body with enough force to swing her over my head and place myself on top of her again. I tug loose my hands and push Raisa’s arms down next to her body, keeping them there with my own legs.
    “That’s how it’s done, Kukla,” I grin at Bella, before turning my attention back to Raisa. “Your move, sister dear,” I tell her with a tone of pure challenge.
    Suddenly a strange odour fills my nostrils. I look up and sniff again.
    “Is something burning?” I ask, trying to see the stove without getting off of my cousin.

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Raisa
    I blink, and jump up, easily pushing Lev off of him, and rushed over to the cooker and opening the oven door and coughing. I pulled out the dinner, and grinned at them.
    “Crisis averted!” I announced, setting it down on the top of the cooker. I opened the lid, and smiled. It was fine. It hadn't burned. Suddenly, Bella was nudging me out of the way to check on the cake she was making. I wasn't sure why she was making a cake, but it looked good. And it smelt fine, so she could relax. I walked back over to Lev, and offered my arm to him to help him up. The food-scare had made me switch back into Mom-mode, so the little girl inside of me that had been playing with my cousin had retreated back inside to her little pink room. I regretted her going, but I knew that it was going to happen. She never came out for very long, or very often. I stirred the food, and opened my phone to text my sons to come down for dinner. I started to set the table, when I heard Bella's ring-tone go off. It made me frown a little, but hey... Kids will be kids, and I didn't really mind her... elective taste in music that much. Just so long as I didn't hear it very often, which thankfully I didn't.
    Suddenly, her phone was smashed against the opposite wall with her screaming. I turned startled, and winced at the look in her eyes. It was a look I knew all too well – it was the look she always got before she went out hunting out of anger, rather then hunger. I knew it, because when she was younger and had just started living here, I'd been on the receiving end of that glare often enough that I took to magically locking my door at night and carrying a Taser gun on my person at all time for when she attacked me. Even when she was just a small child, she was a ruthless attacker. She would have made a world-class assassin. I guessed that, again, some asshole had somehow gotten her phone number and was sending her death threats again. She was out of the door in seconds, and I winced as the glass shattered. It'd been a few years since this had last happened – mostly because I frequently changed her number, and gave it to no-one. The last I heard, only her teacher had her phone number, because she refused to meet Bella in person.
    Not that I blamed her, mind you.
    I continued to set the table, and after I dished up, I started to pick up the pieces of plastic now littering my floor. I wish I could find a spell to make Bella's phone indestructible, but... I'd yet to find it. Normally, I'd ask Lev to help me, but his magical abilities weren't as potent as the rest of the familes. I was convinced that his skills lie somewhere else, somewhere not so common. I wouldn't be surprised, and I knew that if we could find that, it'd make him feel a lot better about himself.
    “I'm sorry about that.” I said to Lev softly. “Her temper... Has been getting better with her medicine, but she still gets death threats.... She can't handle them well.” as her wrists will tell anyone who looks, I added mentally.

When Bella came home, dripping in blood, she looked much calmer. Yes, she was dragging someone by their intestines, but..... She looked better. She held her hand out to me silently, and when I put my hand under it she dropped a stone into it. An opal. She knew that opal's were useless so where did she.... My eyes returned to the bloody mess of a person she was dragging. Oh. She must have been attacked while she was hunting. Poor, stupid bastard. I knew the Hunters rarely helped the other Warlocks by choice, and even the one's that did, didn't deserve to have the full brunt of Bella's fury unleashed on them. Even if they interrupted her mid-kill.
    “Go put... Him” I guessed it was a male – she tended to be a little kinder to her female kills. “In your shed darling.” I was careful to keep my expression and voice neutral – she was calmer now yes, but I knew how sensitive she was about her... endearing habits. I learned early on that showing any sign of anger, or repulsion, would make her pull away from me even more. I was mostly relieved when after her 10th birthday she stopped bringing me 'presents'. Bella and Fiyero were so cat-like at times. “Then wash up for dinner, okay?” I made myself touch my lips to her sticky forehead, and watched her trudge back out of the door. I'd have to clean up the blood before the others came down for dinner, so I got the bucket and mop, and started cleaning.
    “Are you alright?” I looked over at my cousin worriedly. I knew that he wasn't as used to Bella's behaviour as I was, and I knew very few people would be able to witness something like that and not become either terrified, disgusted, or unable to be near a person like that again. If Lev truly cared for Bella, and really didn't mind about her.... eccentricities, then now was a good time to start proving to me that he could handle her and her quirks. Bella needed someone strong at her side, throughout her life. I never had any doubts that out of all my children, she was the only one with a very strong chance of having a normal life-span.

Bella
    I continued to watch them, giggling a little. I started laughing out-right when Lev finally realised that something was probably burning in the oven. Then I remembered my cake, and stopped laughing, elbowing Raisa out of the way as soon as she'd checked on dinner to retrieve my cake. It was fine, and I sighed in relief. I wouldn't have time to bake Fiyero another cake, and I wasn't sure if we had the ingredients for me to. That was the problem with wearing at least half of your ingredients, I supposed. I started to make the icing, when my phone went off.
    'Say what you want, I don't care if it hurts me. Say what you want, I can take it then you'll see how I am, and where we stand. Say what you want, I don't care if it hurts me. Say what you want I don't care if it breaks me.' I picked up.
    “Hello?”
    You're a dirty little whore that needs a good fucking after I've slit your fucking throat!” a unfamiliar male voice snarled down the phone. I didn't even think, I just threw my phone against the wall, yelling.
    “WE ALL DESERVE TO DIE!” then I turned on my heel and marched out of the door, slamming it behind me.

When I finally came home, I was drenched in sweet blood. I had two kills, and an opal for Raisa. I knew that they weren't any good for magic, but I knew she still had a weakness for them. They were pretty stones, I guess. So, I decided to give her the opal heart I ripped from the still living Hunter that had disturbed me. All the blood I was already covered in, hid the gunshot wound in my shoulder. I could bandage that up easily. I handed Raisa the stone silently, not able to speak yet. I'd pulled my vocal chords a little screaming. Then, at her suggestion and after her kiss, I walked back outside to collect my second victim and dragged them both to my shed. There, I put the both on the work-bench, stripped to my underwear, cleaned the worst of the blood from my feet and calves and went back inside the house. I went straight to my room to take another shower, and change for the third time today.

Jaimes Avril Ashley

As soon as I call his name a ‘Goblin name’, he blinks at me and laughs. The laugh isn’t… mocking or challenging but rather gentle and soft. I hate it. This isn’t how things are supposed to go at all. I was supposed to have killed him already. I should have had that dark, beating stone in my hand, ready to give to that awful bitch of a warlock. Yet I had not done one act to harm ‘Fiyero’. Wow, it felt…. Weird, to know his actual name. I know I might still call him Jack, on occasions.
    When I ask Linda to go away, I can see the change in Fiyero’s expression. I couldn’t identify it though. I just noticed the very sudden change as he pulls away from me. He shook his head, almost in disbelief.
    “I- I didn’t know there was a prize involved,” he said. He sits down next to me. A few silent seconds tick by and we don’t move. He’s hugging his knees to his chest, half his face hidden behind his legs. I just watch him silently. I’m no longer concerned with hiding my eyes. For now, at least.
    “And what could I possibly want from you?” His voice is soft and sounding surprisingly fragile to me. I tried to summon that feeling of disinterest, the feeling that was usually so prominent in here. Yet, all I could feel was the urge to pour my heart out. Or even worse, to ask him what the matter was. And the fact that I was so aware of that really pissed me off. I gritted my teeth.
    “Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
    Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
    But the silence was unbroken, and the darkness gave no token”

I watch Jack– I mean, Fiyero, rocking back and forth and just his voice makes the anger disappear. He shimmers in and out of sight.
    ‘He’s just like you. All the walls, pushing people away from him… Yet, deep down, you both crave the company.’ Linda’s voice drifted around me, distracting me for a moment. Company? Hardly. Why would I need company? Yet, the statement had given me goosebumps. I bit my lip and looked away from him. I swear it looked like Fiyero was about to start crying. I had never been good at dealing with tears. Not even when Linda cried over the death of our parents. I just sat there, holding her, letting her cry on my shoulder. I didn’t do any corny humming, or singing or rubbing her back. I just held her.
    So sitting here, in the silence, with Fiyero rocking back and forth, the only thing I could think of doing was wrapping my arms around him. And yet, the idea seemed surreal to me. I was not the person who would do that. Linda was wrong. I didn’t need anyone. I just needed to get her back so I wouldn’t feel guilty over her death. I was not the kind of person to… Scoot closer to Fiyero and wrap my arms around him. I was not the person who would hold him as he rocked back and forth. Yet, as I thought that, it’s exactly what I did.
    I scooted closer, wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him against me. It wasn’t sexual, there was no anger in the movement, just hesitance. But still, eventually I just sat there and held him.
    ‘See?’ Her voice, so familiar and yet so taunting. ‘You both spend so much time just pushing people away. For once in your life, big brother, just let your walls down.’ Now I loved my sister but if it were not for the fact that she was dead and her voice was just in my head, I would have punched her right this second. As it was, my careful grip on Fiyero tightened into an actual hug. It felt really strange. And I half expected him to push me away, to laugh mockingly or even to drown me again. And honestly, at this point, the thought of being pushed away terrified me. The way Fiyero was getting under my skin, terrified me. Everything about this made me feel scared and I hated it. It made me feel angry, lost… not like myself at all. For years not, I had kept to myself. I flirted and I killed. That was it. I didn’t… console suddenly almost-crying hot almost-naked guys.
    “I… didn’t mean you.” My voice was hesitant, but at least it didn’t tremble. “When I said to go away, I mean.” Pause. Silence. How the hell do I even begin to explain the fact that my dead sister’s voice haunts my mind? I smile bitterly and shake my head. “Nevermind me.”
    Fiyero smelled like the stale lake water and sunlight. His bare skin was sticking to mine, a not completely unpleasant feeling. I let go with one arm and brushed the hair out of my eyes. I was still uncomfortable with showing their light green colour, but Fiyero seemed to make me forget. I couldn’t focus. Fiyero made me feel different and I absolutely hated it. I put my arm back around him quietly, waiting for him to push me away, to mock me for doing this. Go on, I think. Make fun of me. Mock me, Pretty Boy.

[ bericht aangepast op 23 sep 2013 - 23:21 ]

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

Raisa is up on her feet in no time, sending me to collide with the floor. It’s a good thing that all those years of practicing have taught me how to fall without actually hurting myself, and to react quickly enough to land exactly how I want to. Though I doubt Raisa would have been able to throw me off like she did if I had been paying attention and using all my weight –which isn’t much, actually- to keep her down. But then again, a woman in full mother-mode is probably one of the most fearsome dangers I have ever encountered.
    “Crisis averted!” my cousin exclaims after having checked her pots.
    I laugh and wipe my hair out of my face. I’m quite comfortable on the floor, to be honest. It’s nice and cool, whereas I’m feeling rather flushed at the moment. I wasn’t giving my all in the play fighting, but I did put my heart into it. It’s been too long since I’ve spent quality time with my sister like this.
    Meanwhile my gaze has drifted to Bella, who is nearly pushing her mother out of the way to check on her cake. A quiet laughter escapes my lips. I admire the enthusiasm with which she does practically everything. There is so much life in that one.
    My smile fades with hers when she picks up her phone. Hesitantly, yet quite swiftly I get up. It’s as if a thundercloud has rolled into the kitchen, the atmosphere has become dense with tension.
    “WE ALL DESERVE TO DIE!” My Kukla yells after she has smacked her phone into the wall. I stare at the broken piece of electronics and pull up my hood as Bella slams the door behind her. I turn around and start to head for the door, only to stop myself when I’m holding the knob. Perhaps I should leave her be for a while. I know I hate being pestered when I’m in a foul mood, even if the intentions are nothing but nice.
    “I'm sorry about that. Her temper... Has been getting better with her medicine, but she still gets death threats.... She can't handle them well.”
    I yank my head around and practically glare at Raisa. She knows very well how I feel about medicine that subdues part of a person’s character. They’re basically drugs in my opinion and I just don’t think it’s fair. Everyone should get the chance to be who they are, flaws and everything.
    I walk over to Bella’s smashed cellular and pick it up. I then take it to my seat and start putting it back together. One positive side to being so old is that your patience is practically endless. I take my time to try and put every piece back in the right place and order. I know I’m not an expert when it comes to technology, but that will not stop me from trying to fix this darn thing.
    I have no idea how long I’ve been puzzling when the door opens again. I look up but immediately wish I hadn’t. Right in front of me is Bella, covered in blood. I start to panic until I notice none of it belongs to her. Only now do I notice the dead person she has dragged in. I notice her giving something to Raisa.
    “Go put... Him… In your shed darling.”
    I’m not sure why Raisa isn’t lecturing her, but on the other hand; neither am I. To know she kills people is one thing, to see her dead victims is another, but still I find myself staring at Bella and not at the corpse. I feel surprisingly little for the lifeless body she is now carrying out of the door. For some reason I feel as if she had no other choice.
    “Are you alright?” Raisa ask, startling me.
    “I’m fine,” I answer, quite short. I’m still not over the fact she’s put her own daughter on medicine. I get up and take a rag, which I dip into the water. After wringing it, I leave the kitchen so I can clean the trail of blood Bella has left through the house. Her brothers need not know a dead person has been in their house. I can imagine these children suffer nightmares worse enough already, there’s no need to add to that. When I’m done, I take the rag back into the kitchen and throw it into Raisa’s bucket.
    “I’ll go collect your children,” I tell her, before leaving the kitchen again.
    I make my way up the stairs and knock on every door, before gently opening it. The first ones I notice are two boys. I immediately recognize Lazu, Raisa has told me about his peculiar hair colour. The other one I can’t name as quickly. But we’ll have time for that during diner.
    “Boys, your mother has put a rather wonderful meal on the table. She’d appreciate it if you’d come downstairs. I’m Lev, but I’ll introduce myself more properly later. Right now I need to find your sister,” I tell them, before shutting the door again.
    I continue my search for others, but most of the rooms look uninhabited. In truth, I’m rather glad not to find Fiyero in what I assume to be his. I’m not ready for that confrontation yet.
    “Oh, my apologies,” I tell Bella when I walk into her room and stumble upon her; barely dressed. “I should have waited for your answer. Are you well, though, Kukla?” I continue after I have averted my eyes, closing the door behind me.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

I hold my breath as suddenly Jaimes wraps his arms around me. When did he get this close? I must’ve wandered off in thought pretty deep to have let my guard down like that. The fact that I could’ve not worried about Jaimes killing me is quite disturbing. But then again, look at him. He looks like mess, not that I’m one to talk. I stare at him as he pulls me closer. Off all things I expected him to do, this was not one of them.
    I’m rendered completely immobile and speechless, but my mind is not giving me a minute’s rest. Questions are racing through my head. Why is he doing this? Is he messing with me? Why does he seem so nervous? What is he thinking? Where did this sudden change in his attitude come from? Could this be genuine care? But the most haunting question of all is this one; why am I not pulling away or telling him to let go? I swallow hard and try to read his face whilst his grip tightens. I tense for a moment, until I realize he’s not trying to choke the life out of me, or to crack a rib or to even bring me down. If it weren’t for Raisa’s affection, I would’ve never guessed that Jaimes is now… hugging me.
    The troubled look on his face bothers me. And in some way I want to console him, as I suspect he is trying to do for me now. But I still can’t move. I’ve become limp in his hands. My skin feels too hot where his is touching mine and the rest of me just feels too darn cold. If only I could bring myself to hug him back, because frightening as it is I really do want to. I want to know what it’s like to hug someone I don’t consider family, to hug someone who seems to tear down my layers of carefully built walls so effortlessly. I want to know what it’s like to hold someone as desirable as Jaimes in my arms, knowing he actually wouldn’t mind it too bad. I want to hug Jaimes. So why can’t I move my stupid arms?
    “I… didn’t mean you. When I said to go away, I mean… Never mind me.”
    His struggle for words seems so familiar. I would like him to finish his sentence, but I know better than to ask. This is the same sentence I’m never able to finish. To expect it from him would be hypocritical. I might not know him well, I might not always like him, but right now doing anything to hurt him seems like the biggest crime I could ever commit.
    I notice I’m still staring at his face when I see him pushing his hair back. He is still holding me, but I miss his second arm around me. I would say I start to shiver, but trembling seems to fit the shaking better. It’s not so much the cold that causes it, but rather the feeling I’m safe here. It upsets me to the core, that this is where I get a sense of belonging; in the arms of someone who is supposed to kill me and cut out my Gem.
    Only through deep concentration do I make myself stop shaking. This is not something I should be thinking about now. Despite the oddness of it, and the very likely possibility of it resulting in my death soon, I know very well I should be enjoying this. I know moments like these are too rare to ruin them. I repeat this to myself a couple of times, and finally my Gem starts to slow its pace again. It takes me another few seconds, but eventually I manage to find my voice.
    “If you meant you’re talking to ghosts, you’re crazy,” I tell Jaimes. As I breathe in, the oxygen seems to awaken my body and slowly but surely I regain the ability to move. My hand slides up, from his belly to his chest, over his collarbone and up until my arm is loosely draped around his neck. The other arm I wrap around his waist. Cautiously I press myself closer to him, sighing when his warmth chases away the cold that lingered on my skin. “They don’t listen to us,” I end my phrase, my voice barely a whisper. I have long lost count of how many times I have begged the nightmares to stay away, of how many times I’ve tried to catch something I dropped because Doctor Boone’s face decided to cross my mind again, all to no avail. I know what it’s like, shouting at things that aren’t there, pretending like the visions don’t seem real. If there’s one thing I’m not to be lectured about, it’s ghosts.
    Subtly I inhale that luscious scent that is Jaimes as much and as deeply as I can manage.
    “And if this is my prize, I want us to play games more often,” I mumble, hiding my face in the crook of his neck, softly smiling against his skin. Perhaps less violence, but that seems too obvious to mention. Very lightly, I press my lips against his skin. The gentleness makes even me cringe, but the urge was too large to suppress. I’m glad Jaimes can’t see my face right now, as I’m sure my cheeks are as red as tomatoes. So far for fending off Jaimes.

[ bericht aangepast op 24 sep 2013 - 21:27 ]

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Jaimes Avril Ashley
    For minutes we just sit there. Fiyero has gone completely immobile. He just sits in my arms, completely limp. He doesn’t push me away. We just sit there, both completely vulnerable. My heart is beating too fast and I’m barely breathing. The atmosphere feels so surprisingly fragile. This is stupid. Stop it. Let go of him and please for the love of all that’s unholy, just stab him.
    I don’t. I just hug him and neither of us moves for a long, silent time. I can hear my own heartbeat echo in my ears. It drowns out the sound from the wind, the trees and the water. He tenses in my arms when my grip tightens, and I wait for it. I wait for him to push me away, hands pushing roughly against my chest. I wouldn’t know how to react. I barely know how to react now. It doesn’t help that, despite what I was expecting, he doesn’t push me away. Despite tensing up, he just sits there, without moving. To be fair, it’s kind of worrying. If it weren’t for his eyes being open, he might have been asleep. The only movement is his breathing. Any moment now he’ll push me off. Or any moment my stupid mouth will say something sarcastic and supposedly funny. Because as Linda would tell you, that’s what I hide behind. Those are my walls. And Pretty Boy has torn them down without effort. And God knows I hate him for it.
    He’s staring at my face and it’s making me uncomfortable. Is he even blinking? If he is, I don’t notice it because I’m trying not to look at him. He starts to tremble in my arms, as if he’s cold. It makes me put my second arm back around him without even thinking about it. It doesn’t last long and eventually fades away. For the love of God, Fiyero, say something. You’re making me bloody nervous. Nervous? I don’t get nervous. I shouldn’t care about whatever his answer was going to be. I mean, I don’t care. This is… Probably his magic.
    The realization comes to my rescue. This isn’t me. It’s his fault that I want to hold him tightly and not let go. It’s his magic that’s making me feel like his arms are the only place that has every truly made me feel home. He’s making me want to hold onto him. Break down in front of him.
    Only his magic is the invisibility thing, as he’s demonstrated and they only have one kind of magic. Jesus fucking Christ this wasn’t helping.
    “If you meant you’re talking to ghosts, you’re crazy.” Crazy. Hah. You’re funny. You have no idea. A bitter smile reaches my lips. But then he moves. His hands slide up from my stomach to my chest, over my collarbones and around my neck. Shivers run down my spine with each light touch. His other arm is wrapped around my waist and he uses it to press himself against me. He’s actually hugging me back, which is the last thing I was expecting.
    “They don’t listen to us.” His voice is nothing more than a silent whisper. And right after that, another whispered voice runs through my mind. ’He’s just like you.’ A haunted look shoots through his grey-blue eyes.
    “And if this is my prize, I want us to play games more often,” he mumbles, before hiding his face on my neck. What the hell am I doing? More importantly, what the hell is Fiyero doing? He’s the one that’s supposed to try to drown me and stuff. We’re mortal enemies and stuff. For the love of all that is unholy, stop… Just stop breaking me down. Fiyero was worse than Linda. He was very much alive and it was so easy for him to get under my skin.
    I feel his lips on my skin and the gentleness of that movement completely takes away my ability to breathe. I can actually feel my breath catch in my throat before resuming slightly faster than before. Stop it. Stop it now.
    Okay, no, just say something. Anything to anger him again. Ask what kind fo games he means. Sexual games? Tell him to shut his pretty face or you’ll cut out his tongue. Okay no, that’ll just turn me on. Won’t be helpful. Throw him into the water and run for it. Ask to just forget all about this. All of this will go away and I’ll…
    ‘Kill him. Can you just imagine it, Jaimes?’ Get out of my head, Linda, please. My arms tighten around Fiyero. I imagine shooting an arrow through his body. Plunging a knife into his flesh. Another ghost to haunt you.
    “You can sit here being adorable and handsome all you like, I’ll still have to kill you,” I eventually say. My voice doesn’t come out like I want it to. I want it to be confident, maybe a bit flirty. Not shaky and almost breathless. But it’s true. I need his Gem. I need to deliver it. It’s the only way to get Linda back. Yet, won’t I just end up with Fiyero haunting me? I can imagine trying to kill one of his siblings afterwards, hearing his mocking laugh behind me at every turn. A fragment of our very first conversation came back to me, as some sort of eery foreshadowing.
    “Won’t I get an actual name out of you, Jack of Gemhearts?”
    “No. Because it will haunt you when you come to finish your job.”

How right he was. Out of nowhere, I run a hand through his hair. My fingertips then continue to trail down his back. I’m not sure where the need to touch him is coming from., I just know that I’m too conflicted to fight it right now.
    I hate you, Fiyero. I hate you for shooting down my walls. For getting under my skin. And I hate that, once I finish this job, your voice will haunt me into the depths of hell.

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

I try not to laugh when I hear how Jaimes‘ breath catches, not because I don’t want to hurt or mock him –I’m pretty sure I’ll hurt him quite enough in the days, weeks if I’m lucky, to come, intentionally or not- but because it sounds so familiar, because it makes me glad, in a weird way, that I’m not the only one who’s not used to this kind of contact, that I’m not the only to struggle and not to know what to expect.
    When Jaimes’ arms tighten around me, I automatically press myself closer to him. His warmth is unlike any another warmth I have ever experienced. It’s like his touch sets my body ablaze, reawakens the smoulders of something that was supposed to burned away long ago. Never before have I so ardently wanted to burn, to be consumed by something I could have no control over. If he were an ifrit, I’d want him to swallow me whole. As soon as the double meaning of that phrase contaminates my mind, I feel my cheeks glowing again, like the cherry of a cigarette.
    “You can sit here being adorable and handsome all you like, I’ll still have to kill you,” Jaimes tells me after another silence. I wait for the surprise to hit me, or the fear, or the hurt, anything. But nothing comes. Not one inkling of negative emotion, not one tear and even my Gem isn’t picking up pace. Perhaps not even Jaimes can bring me back to life, perhaps in my mind I’ve already died and my body just doesn’t realise it yet.
    “I know,” I answer quietly.
    I flinch when Jaimes suddenly runs his hand through my hair. When I saw his hand coming, I rather expected him to hit me, even if I don’t have any idea as to why he’d want to hit me right now. But now I can’t help but notice how much I like him stroking my back. Before I can stop myself, I giggle. I fucking giggle. What kind of man of my age, in front of another –rather impressive, I might add- man, giggles? What the actual fuck did I just do? Why, Fiyero? Why?
    “Stop that, it tickles,” I tell Jaimes, trying to sound like I mean it. I might need to put the emphasis on trying, though. If Raisa wouldn’t be so upset that a freaking Hunter is actually succeeding better at comforting me than she usually does, or oh I don’t know maybe the fact that I’m practically throwing myself at him, she would be laughing so hard at me right now. There might even be a joke about having another daughter instead of a son involved, knowing her. I shake the thoughts away, before I slip into another nearly catatonic state. I have others things to do, conversations to be had with… Jaimes.
    “I know,” I repeat myself, not really knowing where else to start. “You’ll kill me when the time is right, or when you’re sick of me… this, whatever the hell this might be then. You’ll do what you’re supposed to do, for whatever reason it is you need my Gem. I know better than to ask about it right now… But… It’s okay. I won’t hate you,” I finish, taking a deep breath after I’m done.
    I slightly disentangle myself from Jaimes, so I can see his face and let him know I mean it. Many may think I’m crazy but I think this is one of the few genuine lucid moments I’ve had in a long time. When death comes knocking, you might be able to stall him a little but he’ll never be turned away.

Jaimes Avril Ashley
    I feel Fiyero pressing closer to me. He doesn’t seem to mind this at all. I’m not sure if I do. I feel overwhelmed, personally. I hate feelings things. I take a deep breath, trying to force it all away.
    “I know,” he says, his voice quiet. Then he flinches away from me when my hand trails through his hair and down his bare back. And then he giggles. A soft, slightly high-pitched sound. The man in my arms actually fucking giggled. His flinch makes me pull my hand back, letting it rest on his shoulder blade. His giggle, however, puts a grin on my face.
    “Stop that, it tickles.”
    “I can tell.” I run my fingertips teasingly down his back again. He didn’t actually sound like he wanted me to stop it, so, I take it one step further and slide both my hands to his waist where I lightly tickle his sides. It might not get any reaction out of him at all, but… It’s worth a go. At least the atmosphere isn’t as heavy and sad at the moment. It helps me relax a bit. Put my guard down. Fiyero is good at that. Well, he’s good at kicking the walls down.
    “I know,” he says again. “You’ll kill me when the time is right, or when you’re sick of me… this, whatever the hell this might be then. You’ll do what you’re supposed to do, for whatever reason it is you need my Gem. I know better than to ask about it right now… But… It’s okay. I won’t hate you.”
    And there goes the lovely light atmosphere. Poof. Gone. God fucking damn it. Jack, sorry, Fiyero takes a deep breath and pulls away slightly, his icy eyes meeting mine. I choose to instead look at his forehead. The vulnerability of not wearing my contacts is coming back in full force. It feels as if Fiyero can see right through me. All my secrets, all my crimes… He can see the blood on my hands and the guilt hidden in my light green irises. I’m going crazy, I know I am.
    What can I say to that? I can’t deny that I have to take his Gem. Hell, I should have already done it. I don’t understand my own actions; I don’t know why I’m stalling. I have made out with tons of Gemhearts to distract them. It has never stopped me before. I have known their true names, their secrets, it never stopped me. And after all, I know nearly nothing about Fiyero. Am I just stalling because of Linda’s words? Those terrible, fateful words? He’s just like you.
    Yet, if I were to meet myself, wouldn’t I gladly put myself out of my own misery? So why don’t I just do that with Fiyero?
    Now all of this is confusing enough. But you know what the worst part of that little speech was? I won’t hate you. He knows I’m going to brutally murder him, rip his beating Gemstone from his chest, and he’s fine with it. He is fully aware of what I need to do, for Linda, to eventually wash all the blood off my hands, and he’s basically sitting here telling me that it’s fine. I liked it better when he was fighting me; drowning me, kissing me with that rough, desperate lust. I can deal with aggression; I can deal with lust and anger. I can’t deal with acceptance. I certainly cannot deal with all these confusing thoughts.
    I let my fingers trail over his back, following the lines of his wings. I avoid looking at his face completely. I hate feeling vulnerable. And I definitively hate it that he has left me… speechless. I want to insult him, yell at him and challenge him. No one has ever left me speechless. And this man has me on my knees and silent within a day. I hate him for it. Or do I?
    “I don’t know what you expect me to say to that.” Okay, there’s a start. “I’m not going to be feeling guilty when I kill you.” Yes you are. Oh shut up. “I do have my own reasons, and…” I wouldn’t care if you did hate me. Would I? No. Plenty of people have hated me in their short, useless little lives.
    The silence lasts for a full minute. Words are failing me. My brain is malfunctioning and I don’t know why. It has to be Linda. She’s driving me crazy; I am loosing my bloody mind. Or did I loose it a long time ago? Probably. Maybe it was when I was Mother died. Maybe it happened when those masked men came into my bedroom in the middle of the night, waking me from my last good dreams. Or it might have happened as they tortured me, made electricity surge through my veins, cut open my veins and beat me up. But most likely, it happened when I woke up in a strange bed with Linda’s mangled, dead body lying next to me.
    Tears burned behind my eyes. Begging me to let them out. Ha, no way. I was not crying in front of Fiyero. Or anyone, for that matter. I was not that weak.
    ‘Yes you are.’
    I am not that weak.
    ‘One day and he’s kicked down all your walls. He’ll be the death of you. You’ll never get me back.’
    The young, innocent voice, saying those cruel words. I was actively struggling to find a change of topic.
    ‘He’ll force you to trust him, by being so much like you. By destroying your masks and walls. And when you finally do, he’ll end you, Jaimes. He’ll end your miserable, useless life.’ Oh shut the fuck up, Linda.
    “So what happened to you?” Change of subject, ending this terrible train of thought. “What fucked you up badly enough to make you accept your own death so very easily?”

Raisa
    I smile faintly. I knew Lev didn't approve of medication, but Bella needed it. I was sure that later, when I'd explained why she was on the medicine, and the fact she'd asked to be put on them, he'd understand. She'd all but begged me to be put onto anti-psychotics because she was scared of ending up like her father. That was the first time I'd realised that she understood that her way of life before wasn't normal, and that she didn't want to end up like her father. I wasn't really so sure that she was psychotic, but it seemed to be helping her with not killing and eating people so often. Which was good – I can only do so much for her if she gets caught, but she seems to be very good at only choosing the homeless, people that won't be missed. Which, in a way, was good. Her justification that she was only doing society a favour however... Didn't sit so well with me. I served up dinner, humming to myself, pleased that Lev had cleaned up for me. It was just easier on everyone in the house if they didn't see evidence of her cannibalism more then once. I knew that they had all at least once walked in on her while preparing her food. I had to drug them all to sleep for about a month. I set the table, moving Bella's now fixed phone to her place. I put Lev next to me, opposite Bella. I was surprised about how unbothered he was about Bella bringing her food into the house. He handled it much better then I did, the first time she brought a corpse into my home. I smiled at the memory – she was about to turn nine, and she'd dragged a fully-grown male into my kitchen, still half alive, and had beamed up at me, obviously expecting praise. I'd freaked out a little, because I still hadn't really come to terms with how strong she was, but... I'd calmed down enough to tell her she'd done really well, and to go put him in the shed I'd recently build. It was, originally, going to be for me to go and draw in. Instead, it's where my only daughter dismembers and freezes people.. Things don't always go according to plan. Especially not in this family. But what could you do? I put the stone she'd given me in one of the drawers with the others. I liked opals, and didn't mind that they were useless for using in magic. They were my favourite stone, and while I preferred them being brought, I couldn't argue with Bella. I'd make a nice necklace out of it at least. I finished serving up, and sat down at my place and waited. I pulled out my phone, and sent a text to Fiyero. It was sweet of Lev to go and fetch Lazu, Julian and Bella for me. I hoped that Lazu and Julian would take to Lev better then Fiyero did. But then, they were generally much calmer then their more hot-headed brother.
    It helped, I think, that they hadn't walked in on him kissing their little sister. I wasn't sure if they'd be as protective, but after Fiyero's intense reaction, I could no longer be sure.
    TXTFiyero, dinner is ready. Please come home as soon as you can. - Mom x
    I hoped that when he came home, I could introduce him to Lev properly, and he'd be a little nicer. I was pleasantly surprised about how protective he was over Bella. But then, she did kind of have that quality that made you just want to cuddle her and make sure she was alright. I waited patiently for my children to come downstairs, or home in Fiyero's case, and hummed to myself. I thought about my boys. Fiyero, and this insistent niggling in the back of my mind that I was going to loose him soon, and the faintest wish that he had a boyfriend. I think it'd do him good, and would hopefully keep him with me for longer. He seemed almost as lonely as Bella to me, and I knew that it wasn't good thing to be lonely. Lazu, and what kind of books I should get him for Christmas. It was a little early in the year to be thinking about things like that, but still... I wanted to make sure I got him books he didn't already have. Which, to be perfectly honest, was hard. I knew his tastes well, but considering his room was a mini-library, made finding him a book he hadn't already read very hard. Julian, and his easy-going manner. He was probably the most chilled person in this family, but he knew how to take care of his brothers and sister if he needed to, as he proved. I swung my legs gently, then looked up and smiled as Bella and Lev came downstairs. I wasn't surprised that they'd come down together. I assumed that Lazu and Julian would be down soon, and I knew Fiyero would be home soon. He loved my cooking too much to miss dinner, which was a reason why I always made sure to serve dinner at the same time everyday, so if he wanted to go out for a few hours, he knew when to come home. They all did, come to mention it. Routines were how I managed to settle them all into their new lives with me. It worked, for the most part.
    “Hello Bella.” I said, smiling. “Lev fixed your phone for your darling, but I'm not sure how well it will work. He's convinced modern cell-phones are some kind kind of devil-craft, I believe. You should see him trying to use his own.” I giggle quietly to myself. I'd seen him try and use the phone his sisters had bullied him into buying. It was such a basic phone, by modern standers – there was no camera, or internet. Or even play music. It just sent and received texts and calls. But he still handled it as little as possible, and swore fluently as he tried to make the buttons form words. I wanted to get him a touch-screen, just for his reactions but... I didn't want to push him too much so early in him living with us. Maybe though, I could coax Bella into buying him one for Valentine's Day? I grinned to myself. It shouldn't take too much coaxing, I think. It was obvious that she was smitten with him. He was also infatuated with her, but he was more cautious. I knew Bella would be cautious as well – her isolation meant that she was terrified of people – but when she did things, or felt things, she did them whole-heartedly with complete abandonment of her senses.

Bella
    Raisa was very relaxed about me bringing in my meal, if a little stunned. I refused to look at Lev, scared that I'd ruined any chance I had of being with him with my stupidity. I turned around, and dragged the guy into my shed. There, I prepared him as usual, being careful to not use the first three inches of skin on his back from when I'd been dragging him. Once he was in pieces and safe in my freezer, I took the fire escape steps to my room, sliding in through the window. It was just easier to do that when you were covered in blood. It really was. Okay, it meant that usually it was safer to just jump out of a window then use the fire escape, but.... Why would there be a fire here? It was the safest house in the world, after all. I took another quick shower, making sure to rub all the blood out of my hair especially. White-blonde hair stained very quickly with blood, unless you washed it straight away with very hot water. Of course, it meant I had to have the water as hot as I could stand it, which meant I ended up looking rather like a lobster. I checked the bullet wound in my shoulder and I let my conditioner run out. It was clean, and fairly small. I decided to heal it while I had privacy, and took the diamond on my windowsill. I held it to my shoulder, closed my eyes and concentrated. I knew it wouldn't fully heal the gun-shot – it was too severe for that. But it'd improve the healing rate, so I wasn't at risk of anything. It felt weird, as it always did, but it felt a little less painful. I got out, dried off and put on clean underwear. I was bandaging my shoulder when Lev walked in, and jumped into my bed under the covers, my cheeks blushed to almost the same colour as freshly spilt blood. I heard him apologise, but I stayed where I was until I heard the door click shut. I stuck my head out, and peeked. He'd left.
    “I'm alright.” I told him, crawling out again, and pulling on a clean pair of jeans, and hunted for a clean shirt. “Just ah... Remember to knock before entering a young lady's room.” I said, pulling on the nearest band t-shirt was pretty clean. I usually didn't call my bedroom that – I was rarely in it and I didn't see myself as a young lady. Raisa may be trying to groom me into being one, but... I wouldn't be able to do that any time soon.
    I opened the door, and smiles shyly at him, not looking at him. I couldn't – not until I was sure my cheeks were a normal colour again. “Shall we go for dinner?” I asked, automatically putting my arm on his bicep gently. Raisa had brought me up properly, after all. I started to walk downstairs with him, my other hand in my pocket. The table was set, and Raisa was already at her seat. I went to my seat, and blinked at my phone. It was working – I had a text from my teacher letting me know that she'd received my work. I smiled in relief. One less thing to worry about.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

“I don’t know what you expect me to say to that.” Jaimes tells me. “I’m not going to be feeling guilty when I kill you. I do have my own reasons, and…”
    I look down and quietly wait for him to finish his sentence, only he doesn’t. Seconds turn into minutes turn into centuries. Carefully I look up again, examining his face. He has this horrid expression, which I recognize all too well. It’s the one I see on those rare occasions I do look in the mirror. I follow his gaze, but alas his ghosts are invisible to me. Perhaps knowing what haunts him will only widen my own abyss, but the fact is that actually I would really like to know how to comfort him. It’s a weird, unexplainable and undeniably terrifying but it’s also so very unmistakably there. So I perform the only, also utterly horrifying, act that comes to mind; I hug him tightly, actively this time whereas earlier I had only made a meek attempt to do so. I bury my face in the nook of his neck again and let his wonderful scent sedate me. I don’t really feel like fighting him now, or mocking him. I’m sure those feelings will be all too present in the morning, when the gravity of this situation has set in, but right now I just… can’t push him away, even though I know I should.
    “So what happened to you? What fucked you up badly enough to make you accept your own death so very easily?” He suddenly asks.
    And just like that he destroys everything, the last of the walls that had been standing are now violently smashed, leaving nothing but debris. Every memory I have fought so hard to lock away into a corner of my mind comes flooding right back. I hate how my breath becomes more shallow and jagged, how my Gem picks up pace and how I’m no longer able to hold back my tears. I hate this. I never cry in front of others, except maybe Raisa. I am not that vulnerable, I will not stand for it! Except I don’t have a choice. I hold on tight to Jaimes, too stubborn to let him see me crying, to give him a reason to ask about Doctor Boone, about both the mothers that didn’t want me, about the nightmares his “colleague” has given me. He wouldn’t understand. Why would he know how it feels to be so unwanted? Look at him, he’s gorgeous. He probably has people swarming all around him, trying to be his friend, despite his mostly crappy character. I only have the people that put up with me because they’re kind of stuck with me, I’m not stupid enough to mistake it for love, Raisa being the only exception of course. And even then, she has enough other kids to look after.
    “Let’s not talk about- I don’t want to tell- “ I close my eyes and try to choke out what it is I’m trying to say. But my words fail me. For a moment I give up with a sigh. I don’t owe him an answer, even if I’m just trying to say that I don’t want to tell him.
    “Let’s not let my family history ruin this awkward moment…” I breathe out. Because to be honest, this little escape from reality with Jaimes is the best awkward moment I have ever had, despite knowing it’ll be very soon the death of me, that he’ll be the death of me.
    I’ve decided that words will simply not do, words are in the way right now and they should be blocked out of this conversation, if that makes any sense. Words, I have no need for them. They are hurtful, and bring back memories and all I want right now is bliss, a moment of peace before I go back to the house, which eventually I will have to do.
    I press my lips against Jaimes’ skin again, making them travel upward, until I have reached his lips. Hesitantly I kiss him again. When a sort of weird electric current shoots through my body, I kiss him again with a little more ardour. After a couple more kisses, I’m barely able to restrain myself from pushing myself even closer into Jaimes, from running my hands through his hair and kissing him with every ounce of passion I possess in this body of mine.
    “Don’t make me tell,” I whisper, pleading, begging, in between kisses.
    Despite all the feelings that are coursing through me now, like someone is shooting them at me with a paintball gun, one after the other, I’m starting to relax. Despite the voice in the back of my head telling me this is risky business, I know this is what I need to unwind right now. So I give myself over to the moment completely, moving my lips against Jaimes’ and gently trying to push him over, for a reason I’m not sure of yet.
    “Jaimes,” I mutter against his mouth, hoping he knows what I’m trying to do and would help me out with it, since I myself have not the slightest clue.

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

“I'm alright,” Bella answers through the door. “Just ah... Remember to knock before entering a young lady's room.” I start to blush again when she says this, because she is absolutely right. But to my own defence, I had no idea I was entering her room because if I had I would have knocked and waited until she was decent before I’d gone in. Not because she’s not nice to look at, on the contrary, she- I just cannot allow myself these thoughts. It must be blasphemy of some kind to look upon something so pure when one has just-
    I startle when suddenly the door opens and somehow manage to stumble over my own feet, nearly causing myself to fall to the floor. I’m only able to keep myself upright by seeking support from the wall. Thank God for walls, even though I have walked into them a countless amount of times.
    “Shall we go for dinner?” Bella suggests, placing her delicate hand on my arm. I feel my jaw dropping, and choke out a nervous chuckle as I nod. One could say this is ridiculous, and one would be right indeed. I am behaving as I was when I was a teen. Mother would scorn me, for the way I am unable to keep my eyes off Bella as we walk down the stairs. I know very well I should be paying attention to where I am going, because I might find myself at the bottom of the stairs a lot sooner than I would expect. If I were alone I would not care that much, because I hit the ground often enough to have a rather high pain limit, but I would hate to cause Bella pain because of my clumsiness.
    When we enter the kitchen, the youngster sits herself down at the table and reaches for her phone. Much to my surprise, it seems to be working.
    “Hello Bella Lev fixed your phone for your darling, but I'm not sure how well it will work. He's convinced modern cell-phones are some kind kind of devil-craft, I believe. You should see him trying to use his own.”
    I raise an eyebrow and grin at Raisa. I step closer to her with an air of grandeur and stop just right in front of her.
    “Beware, my sister dear, next time I bring you down it might not be to teach your daughter something about self-defence,” I chuckle. “And I most certainly will not become distracted again,” I continue my playful warning. Even though Raisa is right, I do not enjoy being mocked for my inability to handle such simple technology as these so called cell phones. I usually am a very quick student, so it’s needless to say that I am gravely displeasured by not being able to master “texting” properly. Before I turn around to face young Bella, I fervently stick out my tongue at my cousin.
    “You might not want to hold it too close to your ear when you converse with it,” I tell the youth. “I’m not confident you wouldn’t get shocked or anything the like. I would hate to cause you brain damage, and not merely because if I did your mother would damage mine twice as severely,” I continue, with a soft smile. I might joke about it, but I know for a fact that Raisa would not forgive me easily if I were to hurt her daughter, even if it were unintentional. The truth is, I would not forgive myself, period. I’m not one to mess with someone else’s brain, one way or another.
    “So please, Kukla, do your mother and her brother a favour and be careful with that thing,” I continue, winking at her.
    Then I keep an eye on the door, hoping the boys will soon come to dinner as I am edging closer to the point of having my stomach rumble in protest of being denied Raisa’s lovely food.

Jaimes Avril Ashley Contains 16+ scenes

“So what happened to you? What fucked you up badly enough to make you accept your own death so very easily?”
    I notice the change almost instantly. His breathing is suddenly shallow and fast and I can feel his heart beating against my own chest. It’s almost as if I’ve punched him in the stomach with my question. I feel a warm liquid drip onto my skin. He’s crying. His grip on me tightens and he’s refusing to look at me. And that kind of hits me quite hard. Jack really doesn’t seem like the type of person to cry. He’s strong and sarcastic, he doesn’t break or bend. He doesn’t trust anyone, maybe not even myself. At least, that’s what I’ve come to believe. Yet, Fiyero is clinging onto me, with all his might, silent tears staining our skin. And suddenly, I really want him to answer my question. I just asked it to… to change my own train of thought, but a part of me wants to hear his answer. I’m not expecting it though.
    “Let’s not talk about- I don’t want to tell-” Bingo, that’s what I thought.He sighs and gives up trying to speak.
    “Let’s not let my family history ruin this awkward moment…” This was awkward? I felt surprisingly comfortable. It was a strange feeling. With my emotions all over the place, electricity in the air, Linda’s voice echoing silently around me and a crying Fiyero in my arms, I should be running for the hills. But I feel strangely calm.
    And horny. Because his lips are kissing over my skin, up my neck, my jaw, eventually reaching my lips. And I don’t argue. I answer the kiss, slowly at first. Then the kiss deepens, becomes more demanding.
    “Don’t make me tell,” I hear him whisper. He’s almost begging me to drop the subject. The whisper reminds me of my own fears. It reminds me of sleeping under the stars, wrapped in nightmares, pleading with Linda. Please leave me alone.
    He pushes against me, muttering my name, sending shivers down my spine. And all I see is a getaway. All I can think of is his expert lips moving against mine and his tongue in my mouth (or moving on other places on my body). Emotionless, rough sex. No thinking involved, no tears (unless it’s from pain), no Linda, just dominance and physical contact.
    To be honest, so far, things like that had only happened in my imagination. But I’m not about to admit my status as virgin out loud. And you know what; maybe it’s time that status gets changed. Fiyero certainly doesn’t seem to mind.
    First, the pushing me over thing is going to have to stop. So I move my hands from his hips and take his wrists instead, pushing him against the dirty floor and twisting his arms above his head. I easily slid on top of him, my crotch slowly rubbing against his.
    “I could always make you do other things.” The atmosphere has very quickly changed from emotionally charged to just plain sexual. My voice was low, seductive, more like myself than I had been ever since I woke up to a nearly-naked Fiyero. Speaking of, nearly naked was not good enough and those soaked boxers were going to have to go. But we had time. The sun was only starting to set, casting an orange-red light through the trees, reflecting on the water and into Fiyero’s ice-blue eyes. He wasn’t a bad choice, for a first fuck. He was certainly pretty enough and that ass was gorgeous.
    My lips meanwhile traveled over the skin of his neck and throat, teeth biting into his skin, leaving angry red marks. If he thought I was going to be gentle, he had another thing coming. I might’ve never done this before, but I’ve had plenty of angry, rough make-out sessions. How different could it be?
    I briefly let go of his left wrist, using my now free hand to scratch my nails sharply down his chest, just to tug down the tight boxers. My teeth find his earlobe and bite into it happily. I wasn’t even giving him a choice. I was horny and he was naked. He could struggle all he liked, but I was going to fuck him and there was nothing he could do about it.
    “For example,” I whisper, briefly letting go of his earlobe. “I could give you a real reason to cry.” Smack. My flat hand lands on his (admittedly impressive) cock, pushing it down roughly, followed by my nails scratching up his shaft. “Or I could tease you until you beg for me to fuck your hot ass.”
    My free hand pulls on his hair, dragging him to half sit up so I can kiss those gorgeous lips again, my grip tightening as I bite his lip.
    “What will it be, Fiyero?”

Fiyero Gabriel Arch May contain Brokeback Mountain Lake-ish scenes

I gasp when Jaimes grabs my wrist and flips us around so he’s on top of me. A shiver crawls along my spine when he pins my arm down above my forehead. Just as I’m about to make a comment, his grinds his crotch against mine, causing me to moan instead. I close my eyes and try to choke back the sounds of amazement at his actions and how good they feel.
    “I could always make you do other things,” Jaimes informs me, before placing his lips on my skin and molesting it with his teeth. Between this godawful teasing and him holding me down, I can’t raise the strength to resist him, to tell him to slow down, to shut his can or to keep myself quiet.
    Something changes though, when he starts to scratch me and I find myself enjoying this less and less every second. My Gem picks up pace when he starts removing my boxers, and I try to tug my hands loose but as it turn out Jaimes has a rather firm grip. I swallow hard when he bites my earlobe, because despite the fear that is coursing through my veins, it manages to turn me on.
    “For example. I could give you a real reason to cry.” I cry out in pain and surprise when he slaps my dick, and starts scratching it. Tears spring to my eyes, but because of his words alone I refuse to shed them. “Or I could tease you until you beg for me to fuck your hot ass.”
    When he pulls my hair, the same anger that has gotten hold of me when I was around Jaimes, before our little moment of peace, comes surging right back to the surface. The fact he brought up begging again only feeds it, makes it stronger. Though I can’t seem to stop myself from kissing Jaimes back when his lips touch mine. I growl when he bites my lip.
    “What will it be, Fiyero?
    The bastard has made a big mistake by making me sit upright. I slam my body into his, knocking him down again, and sit myself down on his chest… hard. I grab him by the throat and somewhat squeeze it.
    “If you ever, ever, slap my dick again, I will stuff it in your mouth and make you choke on it,” I growl at the eye candy underneath me, before I kiss him again, roughly, tearing at his lip. For a moment I’m quite startled by myself. It’s as if there’s been this beast inside of me, and now Jaimes has woken it from its slumber.
    “Can’t always have things your way, lobster boy,” I tell him as I scoot back and press my bum against his crotch. Despite not liking how he treated me earlier, the arousal is too much to ignore. And the fabric of his boxers annoy me. I let go of Jaimes’ throat and rip the piece of clothing into shreds.
    “You see,” I tell him as I start stroking his penis with just the tips of my fingers. “I don’t think I’ll be the one begging. No, I think you will.”
    I lean forward and very lightly kiss his neck, sucking on the tender skin from time to time, marking Jaimes as my own. I can’t explain the urge to do it, but I won’t stop to think about it. Kissing and biting, I make my down to his collarbone, and then his chest. With a sly grin I bite one of his nipples. I’m so focused on driving him crazy that I hardly notice how my own body is responding to this, how my little friend is growing.
    Very slowly, I kiss Jaimes’ belly, lingering on the same spot just a little too long each time. Every three kisses or so, I let a moan. To be honest, I’m actually enjoying this, not thinking about the consequences and just doing what I want for a change. When I reach his cock, I lick it once with the tip of my tongue and then push myself up again, sliding my body along his, until my lips reach his ear. I press my hips against his tightly, as I whisper;
    “Wat will it be, Jaimes?”

Raisa
    I laugh softly, and walk over to Lev to get him a cuddle and a chaste kiss on the cheek. It was adorable how Bella was so quickly possessive of him... That being said, I already had a new phone on order for her. It was the one she'd been wanting for a while – a LG Lollipop GD580. Just because of that stupid song she'd been obsessed with recently... I couldn't work out what was happening with her half the time. But still... I liked to spoil my children.
    “No I wouldn't.” I said sweetly. “I'd just remove it, and let her cook it.” I smile, then whistle up the stairs. “Lazu! Julian! Hurry darlings, your dinner is getting cold.” It wasn't, but it wasn't like they needed to know that... I wanted to introduce my calmer sons to my cousin. I sat back down, and double-check my phone. Fiyero hadn't replied to any of my messages, but I keep my worry out of my face. I didn't want to worry Lev, or Bella. I got up again, and walked over to Lev to give him a cuddle. Not to make Bella jealous, but because I was worried, and whenever I got nervous I needed to touch someone. It was really hard to do so during court, but since I was usually with the children, I was usually able to touch them, or cuddle them without getting any strange looks from them. But still.. I knew that Lev would guess this - he was my favourite cousin, after all. And he gave the best cuddles, so it was usually him I cuddled up with.
    "I have a spare room for you." I told him, "But you're welcome to stay in my room, or with Bella." I nuzzled into his shoulder, then thought for a second. "Sweety, you should probably warn him about your little morning habits, so you don't hurt each other."

Bella
    I giggle as I take my seat, listening to the gentle ribbing. It was nice, hearing my mother so happy. I liked her being happy, it made me happy. I flip through my phone gently, and put the phone back down. I knew that Raisa would be buying me a new phone soon – hell, I wouldn't be surprised if she ordered me a new phone while I was out. She would good like that. It was sweet, how much she cared about us.
    “I'm pretty sure mama has already got a new phone on order for me after I broke this one.” I stroked the screen gently, and smiled. “I had this one for a while though.” I beamed over at Lev, and then started to sniff my food, smiling. She'd spiked mine again – I could smell the slight rusty smell of blood in it. She must be in a really good mood – I normally only got my food spiked when she was in a good mood, for special holidays or when I'd really been well behaved. It must be having Lev move in. She seemed much happier now. I watched her as she got up and cuddled Lev, and talked to him. I ignored them while I flicked through my phone - I'd have to re-download all my apps and my music, and thank the Gods all my photos were already on my laptop. I'd gotten some really nice ones of my family, usually when they weren't expecting it. I blinked and looked up when mom spoke to me, and smiled.
    "Oh.." I reached over and touched his hand. "In the mornings, I practice my martial arts and my shooting skills."

[ bericht aangepast op 26 okt 2013 - 23:33 ]

[I'll do my best to reply tonight.]

Alvaro Ruiz | Warlock

‘Why do you care so much about how I look?’
          ‘That’s easy,’ I said right away, as I looked at her with a laconic look in my eyes. ‘I only make sure you won’t embarrass yourself when you step outside the door.’ Rather lazy I shrug my shoulders, before examining the room for cleanliness. Well, I’d better clean up when Blake is gone; Otherwise, I just keep on going. When I had told her distinctly my response, she let her hands – that earlier laid on her hips – hang beside her body.
          ‘I don't like you invading my personal space all the time,’ she told me, as my eyebrows shot upwards thunderstruck. But it quickly went back to my normal coldness. ‘And you know, I really liked that raccoon from Pocahontas when I was still a kid…’ Suddenly, she smiled and I caught myself staring at this phenomenon. It can be named that way, since it’s very rare that this girl smiled. Certainly with me standing nearby. What’s with that stupid movie, in the first place?
          ‘You are still a kid,’ I coughed, more to interrupt my gazing at her. ‘And if you want to be compared with a silly-looking raccoon, I’m your man.’
    ‘So, I guess there's nothing I can do to let you make me something to eat, is there?’ She crossed her arms, but it didn’t infect me. Whatever she was trying to do, it didn’t intimidate me. Her smile faded and, somewhere deep inside, I thought I wanted that smile back, but that had just been stupid. Thankfully, that sick, icky feeling went away soon after. He recalled her previous words, which he had done nothing with. She doesn’t like it when I’m invading her personal space, hm? Just one more banter that it could reach.
    I chuckle somewhat provocative as I step forward. Again. Invading her personal space, the space she wanted back o-so badly. I didn’t mind though, that is the only thing that counted for me. With a dark, cryptically look I penetrated my eyes in hers.
          ‘Too bad you can’t decide about that,’ I murmured, referring to what she had told earlier. ‘And if you want to eat at all, I’d do what I demand you.’ I added secretive, but still somewhat demanding, putting my hands on her hips a bit domineering. My muttered voice turned into a hoarse whisper, as I gently pushed her towards the kitchen. Still, that bossy-side of me was noticeable. It didn’t took long before we were there, though it seemed to last longer, and I pressed her hips against the kitchen counter. The whole time my grin and dark eyes didn’t left.
          ‘Makes me wonder… What are you willing to do for some food?’ My glance spoke for itself. As was for my smirk, that changed into somewhat more seductive. I pressed my lower body against her, playfully. I wondered what her action would be now, somehow I was incredibly curious. Would she flip-out or could it be a more peaceful approach? Maybe she’d just slap me in the face, this type she kinda was.

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.

Sho.

‘Don’t call me Jazlyn, ever again.’ I blink, oblivious to the seemingly innocent mention of her name. Then again, no one ever mentions her full name out loud. ‘Sho. Hm, should’ve known,’ Jazlyn Delaney says with disdain in her eyes. Something brought her in a bad mood and my guts tell me that it isn’t just me. The good news however, is that I’ve managed to shrug off the other woman and can finally enjoy my whisky in reasonable peace.
    ‘You still wear that shitty clothes of yours, I see,’ she continues. I take a look at my attire that looks quite humble and pales in comparison to the common attire worn by my family. ‘There’s no need to replace it,’ I say. Not that she cares one bit.
    ‘No one ever told you pointing at someone is rude?’ she remarks and I lift a corner of my mouth, just slightly and barely enough to form something resembling of a smirk. Oh I have been told al right. ‘I have been told to in the past. My apologies. And to answer your question, I have already handed in my gems. In fact, you could say that you and I are no longer colleagues.’ I lower the fabric of my plaid a bit to reveal my neck, that has no necklace on it.
    I lower my eyes, thinking of a new strategy. Rosemary was willing to help me feigning a marriage to get off the Amboises’ hit list. But if she’s no longer here, I have to come up with something else. Since I no longer have the status of a hunter, I am a common man, thus a way easier target for possible attacks. That is the most bothersome part of my existence. Always being on the run makes a man old. My eyes slightly turn to Jazz’ side as a bold idea forms in my head. It’s possible.. somewhere. But I’d need her help with it. And she doesn’t look like the type that would voluntarily help me. Unless… unless I provided her with something of value. I have no choice but to simply ask. However… a part of me still is very uncomfortable with the situation I might create. But I must pull through. I must endure.
    ‘If you’re free, would you mind helping me with something? I am, of course, willing to pay you for it when necessary.’ Her eyes cross mine and I can’t exactly tell what she thinks. I order another whisky. I think I need some speech water for this. I don’t feel like explaining the entire backstory, but with Rosemary’s absence, it seems like I have no choice. ‘Would you mind becoming my wife? Don’t worry, it’s only temporary, to make my family think that I’m married. You see, it would solve a great deal of problems and since you’re well eh.. female, you could help me out with it greatly. If you want. Eh.. if you can.’ I blurted out everything so fast that I realize only know how idiotic that sounded. I could hit myself on the head. Shit. What have I done?
    I can’t even look her in the eye and doubtfully drink my whisky. I’ve been way too impulsive. Jazlyn Delaney isn’t even the type of woman who’d want to get married in the first place, especially not to a guy like me. I guess desperation makes people do strange things. And I decide that I shouldn’t drink any more whisky than this for the night.

No growth of the heart is ever a waste