• Treasure Chests

All That Glitters Isn't Gold

Magic: It's still very much alive in this world. Warlocks, masters of this magic, still live among us, hidden from Human sight. A few centuries ago, a strong warlock made a very strange discovery. When too much magic manifests in an infant's body, it crystallises in the infant's chest in the form of a gemstone. These 'Gem children' grow up as very sickly babies before turning into very strong humans. The warlocks did not care for the child and killed it to harvest the gemstone from its chest. For a while, the warlock was the most powerful of his kind thanks to the raw power of this gemstone. Then his secret came out.
    Ever since, the Gem children have been ruthlessly hunted down. Rare as they are, they already face extinction. Not all Warlocks could be bothered to hunt for this power. And this was how the Hunters were created. Humans were chosen to be charmed with a special strength, and they were blackmailed into doing the Warlocks' dirty work. This was easy until one exceptionally strong Warlock, Raisa Romaine Dvornikov, build a house and charmed it to protect the Gemchildren. Any gemchild was welcome, but Hunters would be unable to breath when they crossed the threshold into the building.
    This RPG follows the gemchildren, the warlocks, their hunters and their stories.

RPG Rules
    1)English only
    2)6 line minimum per post; (12 minimum if you have two characters in the post)
    3)2 characters maximum;
    4)Anything unrelated to the RPG in the chat topic;
    5)No killing a character without permission of the owner;
    6)No 'perfect characters'. Each character must have a few flaws;
    7)Wait 2-3 posts before replying again;

Rules related to Gemhearts
    1)They must have one personality trait that related to their Heartstone; (Find the list of traits here)
    2)They can only use their special ability when they are holding a stone similar to their heartstone in their hand;
    3)They are either taken into the protection house by Raisa the Warlock, or they hear about it and find it themselves;
    4)They are allowed to leave the protection house, but it is dangerous.

Rules related to Warlocks
    1)Warlocks don't just snap their fingers to use their magic. They use long spells, runes and potions to achieve their goals;
    2)They are not all powerful.;
    3)They can't bring people back from the dead.
    4)Warlocks can track the movements of their Hunter, but not read their mind or anything.

Rules related to Hunters
    1)Hunters are normal non-magical people who get blackmailed by the Warlocks to kill Gemchildren.
    2)They wear an enchanted necklace which gives them more strength than normal Humans and helps them tell Normal children from Gemhearts.

Roles:

Gem Children
    1) Female – Diamond – Bella Lumière – Shinibubbles
    2) Male – Lapis Lazuli – Lazu Markl – Escritura
    3) Male – Black Onyx – Fiyero Gabrielle Arch – Theodora
    4) Male – Amethyst– Julian Rowland – Yoda

Hunters and Warlocks
    1) Hunter – Female – Jazlyn Ophelia Delaney – Tortura
    2) Hunter – Female – Aerilyn Suraya Guangco – PlagueRat
    3) Hunter – Female – Blake Skyler – Ubiquitous
    3) Hunter – Male – Jaimes Avril Ashley – Escritura
    4) Hunter – Male – Alois Amboise – Hashirama
    5) Warlock – Female – Raisa Romaine Dvornikov – Shinibubbles
    6) Warlock – Female – Rosemary Aventurine Albus - PlagueRat
    7) Warlock – Male – Izan Alvaro Ruiz – Tortura
    8) Warlock – Male – Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze – Theodora

Story!

Chat Topic!

[ bericht aangepast op 5 aug 2013 - 14:42 ]

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

Julian

Sometimes I swear Lazu is like an open book. You can read everything from his face and his posture. He giggled when I was talking about the beard, but the moment my fingers touched his hair, I could almost see his self-consciousness. I didn’t quite understand it. I wasn’t that intimidating, right? Not really someone who you would have to feel self-conscious around. Especially not when you’re Lazu, who never seemed to care much about what other people thought. Besides, he wasn’t bad looking. He was quite endearing. But I could understand that the entire situation making someone anxious or self-conscious. I noticed how he was staring at me, but I didn’t mind. It wasn’t a bad stare, so it didn’t make me feel uncomfortable.
    “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars,” his voice was shaking. I pondered about that one in my mind for a bit. Who was he talking about? I highly doubted it was me, so. He doesn’t seem like the type to talk about himself like that, so. And that’s when he reached out and softly touched the small scar underneath my eye. I don’t know what happened then, but it took me aback. Not in a bad way, it’s not like I have a fobia of touching, I wasn’t expecting it, that’s all. Still don’t think he was talking about me though.
          My heart skipped the smallest of beats and I could feel myself getting flustered. It was a strange sensation and I couldn’t stop the small blush that was creeping up my cheeks. People rarely touched my face and something about that small, gentle and obviously impulsive (judging by Lazu’s expression) action had thrown me off my game a bit. I wasn’t feeling awkward or uncomfortable, it send a small shock through my body. Not even Raisa had ever touched my face in such a way, but it felt familiar. And strangely warm. It didn’t take long though, Lazu pulled his hand back fairly quickly, but it was long enough for me to get that blasted blush. I tried to hide it, not that there was a way for me to hide it, but still. I highly doubted that pressing my face against Lazu’s neck would solve anything, so. I refrained from doing that and just tried to focus on the conversation we were holding. Sweaters, yes.
    “T-Thank you,” he stuttered slightly. I managed a small smile, as I could still feel the blush on my skin. I didn’t quite know what he was thanking me for, seeing how he didn’t seem to know himself. For now, I would imagine it to be for the sweater.
    “One kind word can warm three winter months.” I vaguely remember hearing that before. It’s a nice saying.
    “Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” He giggled again and once again I notice I like the sound. Rare as it was for him, he seemed to be dishing them out right now. And lord knows that knowledge isn’t helping that pesky blush. Stop thinking about it Julian, it will only make it worse.
    “You can say that again, yes,” I murmured softly, still in thought. Lazu stepping out of my arms is what pulled me back to the world. He shivered and put his arms around his chest. It kind of made me want to pull him pack against my chest. My eyes flitted over the scar peeking through. There could be only one explanation for a scar like that and that was a hunter. I didn’t linger and focused on his eyes. The extremely blue eyes.
    “S-Sorry... Yeah... A-A sweater sounds nice.” His voice is all shaky and he almost immediately turns around and walks towards the stair. I laugh softly and follow him.
    “You have nothing to apologise for Lazu.” I smile lightly, my blush is finally starting to creep away. It took too long for my liking, but at least it’s slowly disappearing now. When we reched the top of the stairs and the hallway, I made sure to walk next to Lazu. I never liked walking behind or in front of people. It made me feel left out, usually. Especially walking behind them. My room was at the end of the hallway, straight across Lazu’s room. It felt strange knowing we slept across from one another and I couldn’t even really say I knew him. I had been in his room on several occasions, trying to make him lend me a book, but that was it. And I’m pretty sure he had never been in my room. Nobody had been in my room, as far as I knew. Oh god, my room.
          The moment I opened my door, I was slightly horrified by the sight before me. It was an absolute, complete mess. It wasn’t like this yesterday, but this is what rough nights to to me. I try to find something to do and end up scattering stuff all over the place. I could feel my face heating up. Again. Great, this was pretty embarrassing, especially seeing how I’m normally not this chaotic and messy. How the hell did I manage to get out of bed without stepping onto cogs this morning?
    “ I-I.. Ehm.. Yeah, wait a second. I-I’m normally n-not this messy, I swear. How to fix this? How to fix it. Ah, yeah. That should do it, I suppose. Good enough. Great.” Wordvomit, stuttering, talking to myself and blushing. This just couldn’t get any better! I am starting to become grumpy at myself. I quickly throw my blanket on my bed, shove the clothes I was wearing yesterday and last night underneath my bed (why didn’t I just put it in the laundry? Not everybody has to see my boxers), pick up all the clockwork pieces from the ground and throw them in the drawer of my workdesk. I’d sort those out later. My desk was a mess too, covered with a few pocket watches and small clocks and their pieces and all the book choices of yesterday, but that couldn’t be helped. I wasn’t ashamed of my books, so I didn’t have to throw those underneath the bed. They were classics, Shakespeare, Edgar Allan Poe, Charles Dickens Oscar Wilde were lying around right now. I’d put them on their respective shelves later.
          I looked over at Lazu, an awkward smile on my face. He had already seen the mess, he couldn’t have missed it, and the minutes I spend trying to cover it up didn’t really help either. I never let anybody in my room, especially not if it’s a mess, and now this happens. I remember the last time Raisa came in when my room was in a state of disarray. I got even more flustered than this, rambling all over the place, apologising for the mess. It was back when I was still scared she’d throw me out if I did anything wrong. But I had never liked my room being a mess. It got me worked up, especially if other people saw it. My reaction was a tad extreme, maybe. Just maybe. My face felt so hot I felt like drowning myself in the pool.
    “ Ehm.. So.. I swear I’m normally not this messy.. Rough night, yeah. Why were we here again?” I noticed his shirtlessness and nodded.
    “ A sweater, right. Ehm.. Come on in, you can sit.. On the chair, or on the bed, what you want. I’ll go and dive into my closet for you. Do you have any wishes for the colour?” I chuckled softly. Maybe that would make him forget what had just happened. Not.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Lazu Jet Markl
    Once my fingertips touched the soft scar tissue, I could see that it surprised Julian. He wasn't scared or alarmed, like most people in this tiny madhouse might be. He was simply surprised, I think. Maybe. And then, the weirdest thing happened. As I watched Julian, his cheeks turned red. That was interesting. I frowned slightly at the discolouring. Was he sick? I read somewhere that people get skin discolourings for certain types of illnesses. Or maybe he was overheating. Of course, it could always be one of those weird little side effects from his gemstone. Like my blue hair was a side effect from my Lapis Lazuli. And that's when my brain caught on and I realised he was blushing. For an intelligent person, I really wasn't being very smart.
    When I muttered my awkward 'thank you, a smile appeared on his lips again. It was only small, but it was there. Thankfully, he didn't make me feel so self-conscious about that blasted tic. He simply nodded when I vomited up another few quotes. I noted that he cheeks were still red. I should read up on blushing. I knew what it was, of course. Blood rushing to someone's cheeks. I was just unsure of why it actually happened. People did it a lot in books, and I'd never really understood it. I'd never noticed or felt my own cheeks getting red. I'd have to read about it later. Were there books on blushing?
    “You can say that again, yes,” I heard Julian murmur. He seemed lost in his thoughts. Not for the first time in my life, I wished that my life was written down in a book, third person of course. Then I could just open that and see what was going on inside the heads of those around me. Okay, it would ruin their privacy, but God would it be easier for me. Not to mention it would be so interesting to see the complicated maze of thoughts, dreams and fears of a person mapped out in words of beautiful black ink.
    When I stepped out of Julian's arms, his eyes were suddenly looking straight into mine. Oh, eye-contact. Why did it not make me feel so... vulnerable again? I didn't enjoy it. I didn't like trying to reach out, trying to be social. But it was this, or the dangers that loneliness seemed to bring.
    Still, it didn't stop me from hurrying up the stairs, in the end. Behind me, Julian laughs softly. The sound seems to follow me, to crawl under my skin and warm me right up. I was shivering, but I didn't feel as cold. Must be because I was moving now.
    “You have nothing to apologise for Lazu.” I'm not actually looking at him, as my gaze is glued to the stairs. Julian appears beside me as we walk down the hallway. His room is close to mine, I note. Right across, actually. I knew that, but I never thought about it. It was where he kept his things, where he slept, where his fears of the night would become reality and try to consume his brain like they would do for so many others. Wow my brain went weird sometimes. I frowned slightly at myself while Julian went into his room. And sort of freaked the hell out.
    It was a bit messy. I've seen worse, to be honest. There were cogs on the floor, scattered around. The blanket that belongs on his bed lays on the floor, and there's old clothes on the floor. But that was it. Well, the desk was messy and dear god how could anyone work on that? But okay. That was it. Within seconds, my eyes were drawn to the books. Shakespeare, Edgar Allan Poe, Charles Dickens, even Oscar Wilde. Well, I picked the right person to try to befriend. Judging on taste in books, we should, technically, get along great. But I was weird and he was quite.. well, Julian. With his intense eyes and his intimidating punches against my attacker and just generally being the handsome hero of the story. Okay, that's not the way to think about a new possible friend. But the analogy fitted. I looked at Julian, his face bright red again. It was slightly warmer in here, but I doubted he was overheating.
    “ I-I.. Ehm.. Yeah, wait a second. I-I’m normally n-not this messy, I swear. How to fix this? How to fix it. Ah, yeah. That should do it, I suppose. Good enough. Great.” He accidentally threw some things on the floor, and started to try and tidy. I wanted to tell him to not tidy for my benefit, but to see him getting all flustered... It was sort of.. Oh, what was the word? Endearing? I smiled a little and watched him fuss over the mess. He was talking to himself, and not to me, so I didn't interrupt the monologue. When he finished his small freak out, he looked at me, a strange smile on his lips. I cocked my head to the side. Embarrassment? Or was he awkward? He was blushing more than last time. His whole face could be compared to a strawberry.
    “ Ehm.. So.. I swear I’m normally not this messy.. Rough night, yeah. Why were we here again?” He looks at my chest and nods. “ A sweater, right. Ehm.. Come on in, you can sit.. On the chair, or on the bed, what you want. I’ll go and dive into my closet for you. Do you have any wishes for the colour?” He chuckles a bit, still sounding awkward.
    “People are people, messy and mutable, combining differently with one another from day to day - even hour to hour,” I say to him. I do as he says though, and sit down on the very edge of the bed. Because I didn't really like chairs. Then again, a bed was a private space. It was where you slept. It was the place where you experienced the most wonderful dreams and the most terrible nightmares. I suddenly regretted my decision of sitting down on the bed. My hands trembled, my thoughts wandered.
    “Red,” I say in a sign-song voice. “The blood of angry men.” I like the colour red. It was so vibrant, full of life and anger and passion and emotion. Emotions were strange, weird things. Words, no matter how well picked, could only dream to capture the echoes they left behind, to impersonate the footprints they left on someone's soul. I look at Julian, who is in the closet. I wonder, silently, about the footprints on his soul. About the scars, the burns, and all the bruises that people have tried to leave there. He was the most sane person here, but even he must be slightly mad. He lived here, after all. The asylum for us weird kids. The ones with a stone in their chest. We were all slightly mad.
    “Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance,” I say seriously. My hand trails over his blanket, the soft material tickling my fingertips. “Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives.” Dreams, fears, doubts; people were such complex creatures. So strange and foreign to me, yet I was completely comfortable, sitting here with Julian in his closet. He takes a while, so I look at his back again.
    “You know, any unintelligent person would now make a joke about you coming out of the closet.”

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Bella
    I feel Lev tense above me, and for a couple of seconds I panic that I'd over-stepped a boundary or something, before dismissing it again quickly. It went away quickly, so I assumed it was for the same reason I tensed up when he touched me – not used to it. But I decided that I wanted affection, and I usually got what I wanted. Besides, he kept being physically affectionate with me, so he was almost forcing me to get used to it. He'd have to as well, it was only fair. So I contently cuddle against him, pawing at his hoody without really thinking about it, and breathing in his magical scent. It was slightly different to Raisa's, but there was a base that was the same in them both. I wasn't sure if it was the family scent, or the warlock base scent, but it was still put away safely in my mind, so if I smelt it again I'd recognise it. I always did prefer finding new scents to memorise somewhere that I was relatively safe – it wasn't fun trying to memorise the scent of an enemy during a battle or shortly before. I decided that I liked the way he smelled - it was a soothing scent, and this was a weirdly comfortable position. I could feel his ribs expand and contract with each breath, and the warmth of his body radiated into mine. I felt him relax over me, and smiled, nuzzling into his neck. His head was on my shoulder – the one that he didn't bite – and I was very comfortable. Which was very strange. I was never comfortable when I was alone with someone – I always had to keep my body language in check, make sure my facial expression is 'normal', try and keep my eyes to one colour... It was exhausting, being near people, and impossible to be comfortable with them. And I'd never been so cuddly with anyone before – my parents showed me that they loved me, but they didn't hold me or cuddle me a lot. I usually only got held after training sessions with my father, who'd kneel and hug me until I felt a little bit better. The hugs got shorter and shorter as I grew up, and became more accustomed to the pain.
    I snuggled closer, and listened to him talk. Then he rolled off me and took my hand. I felt the tissue paper in my hand move after he blew warm air into my fisted palm, and when I opened my hand there was butterflies flying out of my palm. My eyes widened in delight, and I watched them flutter away, before snuggling into Lev again, my expression still so happy.
    I giggled and squirmed a little bit as he pokes me, and smile up at him. Specific questions... I just wanted to know everything about him! I slipped a hand through his hair, enjoying the silky texture, and thought about what I wanted to know. A little voice in the back of my head was insisting I asked are you single?, but I couldn't ask him that. What if he was? And even if he wasn't, why made me think he'd want to be with me? He may be accepting of my.... unusual appetite, but that didn't mean he'd want to date me. We just had to get to know each other. And maybe then.. I squished the little glimmer of hope. I was a Gem-Child. From what I've worked out, we don't date because if we do, our partners get killed by the Hunters. At least, that's what I learnt from Lazu. I also learnt from my brothers that I wasn't the only orphan, or half orphan.
    “Tell me about your home.” I tell him. “Properly.”

Raisa
    I laugh softly at Fiyero's insistence. Young people today... They have no idea how much self-control we all have. The older you are, the better you are at controlling yourself. I decided to ignore earlier to today when I briefly forgot how to control myself and ended up making out with a stranger on my front lawn. A stranger who happened to be trying to kill my children. Not thinking about that. I knew that Lev wouldn't do anything to Bella – we were all taught very strictly how to behave, and it takes a very long time to unlearn something drilled into you since childhood. I empathised with Bella struggling to stop eating people for that reason. Lev had been taught since being a tiny child to think with his northern heard, not his southern one. Besides, knowing him, he probably saw Bella as his daughter.
    I smiled as Fiyero relaxed in the tattoo shop, and watch him just mill around. I knew just what I wanted, and I sketched it quickly for the tattoo artist to follow. I say sketched quickly... It was a very detailed, shaded 3D drawing. I like drawing, what can I say? I made sure Fiyero didn't see, but I held his hand tightly. I'd only ever gotten the one tattoo – on my lower back. It's my family symbol, and I got it soon after I moved to America. I wanted something of my old life in my new one – well, as much as my old life as I could, given that I lived in palaces and slept with Empresses, and I'd just moved to a different country that had a democracy and lived in a large house alone.
    “I'd like this.” I told him sweetly, holding Fiyero's hand still. My first tattoo didn't hurt very much, but I was still very numb from shock when I got it done – it took years for the shock to wear off. I pulled up the leg of my jeans, and held my leg out. “From my ankle up.... Please.” It always took me a while to remember to say please and thank you – growing up as the spoilt pet of Romanov's meant I considered a lot of people to be 'beneath me' and didn't require politeness. But I was working on getting out of that habit – I no longer had Nikolai or Anastasia to protect me for being rude. I was getting a lot better at it.
    The tattooing pen started to buzz, and I made a soft hissing noise, burying my face into Fiyero's neck and squeezing his hand gently. I knew he wouldn't mind if I squeezed harder, but I was a lot stronger then he was, and I didn't particularly want to break his hand. It wouldn't be very nice at all, so I just held it kinda tightly and kept my face in his neck. It burnt, but it wasn't really painful. That was the only good thing about being present at the execution of the royal family – most things that would normally hurt like a bitch are just kinda sore.

Julian

When I finished freaking out, Lazu looked at me. He cocked his head, being all adorable and cute and non-understanding why I was getting this flustered about the mess in my room. I was being a retard. A complete and utter retard. And I knew it.
    “People are people, messy and mutable, combining differently with one another from day to day - even hour to hour,” he says, as he sits down on my bed. Is that his way of telling me it’s okay for my room being a mess? It could be, all I know is that I’m making a fool of myself.Right before I dove into my closet, I could see his hands trembling. He seemed nervous. Or awkward. Or both. Maybe none. And what for? Sitting on my bed? I found that thought to be wildly amusing.
          I couldn’t remember the last time I had somebody in my bed. It had been quite some time, it’s not as if you have time to fuck around when you’re a gemchild. Literally and figuratively. Not.. that he was in my bed. He was sitting on it. Completely different thing. I don’t quite know how I managed to link that. Just my mind wandering to weird places and forgetting that on is not the same as in. Like a typo on the computer.
          “Red,” he said in a sign-song voice. “The blood of angry men.” I immediately know which sweater to dig up. But where the damned thing is, I would not know.
    “I sure hope you don’t really like it because it’s the colour of blood. That would be more of a Bella reason.” I chuckle lightly. I found it a surprising choice, and it’s not really a colour most people (guys) have lying around in their closet. I do, but that’s not the point. The colour suits him though. It’s the opposite colour of his hair and somehow, when thinking about Lazu in a red sweater, I imagine an abstract painting. Bright and happy, it seems to be very simple. But at the same time it’s deep and complex. I think that describes Lazu, with or without the sweater.
    “Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives.” I smile lightly, not that he can see that.
    “That’s a nice though. Too bad I hardly ever sleep. I would love to be safely insane once in a while.” My voice sounds muffled, coming out of the closet.
    “You know, any unintelligent person would now make a joke about you coming out of the closet.” And that did it. I lifted up my head, which made a loud thumb echo through the room, seeing how I hit my head on one of the shelves.
    “Autch..” And without even thinking about it, I burst out laughing. Both because of his earlier statement and the fact I hit my head because of being taken aback by it that much. I come out of my closet, literally and look at him. My eyes are slightly wet because of the tears of laughter forming in them. I decided I needed to get a grip. It wasn’t that funny. Even though it was. I shook my head and tried to make the laughter die down.
    “Yeah, any unintelligent person would. The intelligent ones would make a remark hinting at the joke. Like you just did. Well played Lazu. Well played. But as far as I know, I was never ín the closet.” I chuckled. “But, to make sure there aren’t any doubts, I am hereby out of it. Literally. Congratulations on witnessing this historic event.” I then look around slightly lost.
    “I still haven’t found that sweater.” I frown lightly and turn to my closet again. There, on the top shelf (where I wasn’t looking, of course), I could see the red fabric peeking out. So that’s where I stashed it. I reached for it and pulled it out.
          It was, in a way, my special sweater. I always wore it when I felt bad. The colour always made me brighten up a bit and it was soft and comfortable. The fabric was amazing and for me, the fit was perfect. Slight too big. It was like being wrapped in a towel after a hot bath by your mother and being pampered. Not that it was the same fabric as towels, but still. This was also the only red sweater I owned. I turned to Lazu again.
    “It’s red. And warm. I find it comfortable, but I don’t know about you. Anyway, here.” I gave him the sweater and smiled, dropping next to him on the bed. Not as much on the edge of it, as he was.
    “Are you feeling a bit better?”

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Lazu Jet Markl
    “I sure hope you don’t really like it because it’s the colour of blood. That would be more of a Bella reason.” I look at Julian and frown slightly. It was a song. He shouldn't take songs literally. For the life of me I couldn't remember what song it was from, but... Oh well. Julian chuckles, and my mind is immediately distracted. It's a safe sound. Somehow, in the space of a few hours, I've made that subconscious connection in my brain. Julian means safety. It might be the traumatic shock from the attack though. It might fade. But for now, I like the safety.
    “That’s a nice thought. Too bad I hardly ever sleep. I would love to be safely insane once in a while.” I blink at Julian's back. He's still in the closet, so his voice sounded weird. That was why he looked tired! That was why he had purple-blue bags under his eyes. Somehow, it was nice to know that.
    Not that it could be nice for Julian, of course. I liked sleep. Despite the numerous nightmares, I still usually slept full nights. I was never fully rested, but I didn't look as tired as Julian did. But the fact that Julian trusted me with that bit of information made me feel... Well... I frowned at myself, unable to describe the feeling. So I just forgot about it.
    “You know, any unintelligent person would now make a joke about you coming out of the closet.” As soon as I said that, Julian lifted his head and banged it against a shelf. I blinked. Now what did he do that for?
    “Autch...” There was one beat of silence, and then out of nowhere, Julian burst out in laughter. I frowned at him. Still laughing, he comes out of the closet and looks at me. There's tears in his eyes, and for a minute I panic. Is he crying? Did he hurt himself that badly? And oh God, it's my fault isn't it?
    But then I realise he's struggling to keep a straight face. He's shaking his head and trying really hard to stop laughing.
    “Yeah, any unintelligent person would. The intelligent ones would make a remark hinting at the joke. Like you just did. Well played Lazu. Well played. But as far as I know, I was never ín the closet.” He chuckles, and I awkwardly manage to smile back. Right. I made him laugh, that was good, right?
    “But, to make sure there aren’t any doubts, I am hereby out of it. Literally. Congratulations on witnessing this historic event.” He looks around himself, looking... Well... Like a lost puppy. I giggle, but it's a very quiet sound. I don't normally do that.
    Today was strange. It was... It was almost like I was discovering a whole new Lazu. A whole new person underneath the silent lover of solitude. It was... actually quite excited, to be honest.
    “I still haven’t found that sweater.” Julian wrinkles the skin of his forehead into a frown, turning towards the closer. It disappears quickly as he reaches up and pulls something from the top of the wardrobe. It was very bright, as bright as my hair. Only instead of blue, it was red. Julian turnes to me.
    “It’s red. And warm. I find it comfortable, but I don’t know about you. Anyway, here.” He hands it to me. It feels soft between my fingertips, warm, soothing. Then Julian sits next to me on the bed.
    “Are you feeling a bit better?”
    “I believe so,” I say. Then I blink. Wow. A complete moment of clarity. No quotes swimming in my brain, no words from a stranger on the tip of my tongue. I smile at Julian, looking straight at him again. Then I pull the red sweater over my head. And he was right. It was soft, snugly and warm. I closed my eyes briefly when I pulled the fabric over my head, breathing in a sweet, soothing scent. It was very nice. I nearly drowned in the thing though. I rolled up the sleeves awkwardly and looked at Julian. I probably looked very silly, especially with the way my hair contrasted against the bright red. I smiled carefully and leaned my head to the side as if to ask if I looked okay. Since when did I care about that anyway? Maybe it was a subconscious thing. Maybe I was just trying to be friendly be wanting his opinion. I snuggled into the sweater. In another flash of sudden clarity, I guessed what it smelled like. Julian. The sweater smelled the way Julian had when I hugged him. And without wanting or meaning to, and for the first time ever, my cheeks flushed. They burned uncomfortably, and without looking in the mirror, I knew they'd be various shades of pink and red. I knew I must look confused, because I had no idea why the hell I was reacting this way. I chew my lip shyly and glance away.
    “I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.” Winston Churchill. “An effective way to deal with predators is to taste terrible.” Oh god why wouldn't I stop talking? My tongue was nearly tripping over itself. “In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French; I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their language.” Mark Twain. “Why are our days numbered, and not, say, lettered?”
    I cover my face with my hands and get up from the bed.
    “T-ThanksforthesweaterbutIshouldreallygonow.” Why was I acting like.. like.. well, like an idiot? What the hell was wrong with me? It must be the side effects from trying to be social. I didn't know how to be properly social without being weird or overstepping boundaries. “I-I'll g-g-get, get it ba-backtoyou s-soon,” I managed, not looking at Julian. I wanted to kick myself.

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

The way she looks as she is watching the butterflies is simply mesmerising. There seems to be a childish joy spreading across her face. The beauty of her glimmering eyes is, unfortunately, lost to me too soon when she snuggles up again. I sigh and close my eyes. It feels kind of nice to be held like this, I haven’t allowed many people to do so; especially not young female ones. But I would make it my guess that Bella is safe territory. She is Raisa’s daughter, so I should trust her by proxy. And I will. Yet when she slides her fingers through my hair, I feel my entire body stiffen. Suddenly I become very aware of how ghastly I must look compared to this youth who has hid herself so comfortable in the nooks of my body. My face still has the features of a young man, but my hair has gone beyond grey and straight to pale white. When I look into the mirror it still surprises me sometimes, because somehow I still expect to see my face surrounded by warm chocolate brown hair. A shiver runs down my spine and right now I would just like to scream until my lungs give out. Yet I remain silent, for Bella could not possibly know I don’t like others touching my hair. I try to remain calm by concentrating on the sound of my own breathing. She must not know I am feeling upset by this. If that were to upset her, it would only worsen my own feeling. I swallow hard and blink a couple of times. I start to wonder why she seems to like me so much already, I am hardly one you would voluntarily walk down the street with. People stare at me all the time, either at my hair or because I’m wearing a cloak with a giant hood to hide said hair.
    “Tell me about your home. Properly.” The sound of her voice slightly soothes me. When she speaks, I can’t help thinking of -
    “Bells,” I hear myself muttering. Ten thousands of tiny bells that are being caressed by the wind. Only slowly do her words fall through the distraction her voice has caused. I frown as a realisation strikes me.
    “I am home,” I whisper. For the first time in a long while I feel as if I fit in somewhere. Ironic, how this should happen when walking into a house of misfits. For some reason I think I will rather blend in here than anywhere else in the world. The countries I have roamed were all beautiful but only two have ever felt like home to me; Russia, because I was born there and it’s where my family is and Cuba, because it’s where I met Adriana. Yet here, now, I feel as if I’ve never belonged anywhere else. I ponder this for a few moments. But since it would not be wise nor very sociable to go into a silent period when in the middle of a conversation, I quickly turn my attention to Bella again. I can be quiet for hours, when I am in thought or when I am looking at something that has caught my eye and that has awakened a deep fascination within me.
    “I think it is you who ought to tell me about my home, Kukla,” I softly murmur.
    I stare at the ceiling as I try to make sense of my findings. I would’ve never thought this to happen. But I realise all too well I should not jump for joy too soon. I have not met the other children yet and it is very unlikely they should all like me instantly like Bella has. I wonder if they will like me at all, they have a right not to but I must admit I would regret it. I hadn’t realised how much it means to me that I build a bond with each of Raisa’s children, but come to think of it, it does. How could I protect them if I know nothing about them?
    “Do you suppose your brothers will give me a fair chance like you have?” I ask silently.
    Only now do I find that I am softly stroking Bella’s back.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

I fail to swallow down a chuckle when Raisa hides her face in my neck upon hearing the buzz of the tattoo machine. She might act like a tough mother hen very often, but sometimes we get to see this softer, more feminine side of her. I have to admit I quite like it when it occurs. It makes me feel as if she needs all of us just as much as we need her and it reminds me that despite being a Warlock, she is only a human too. Well, not exactly human; I don’t tend to like them very much. She’s more of a human light version. The egotism and general rudeness that’s become so common these days lacks in her, for the biggest part.
    “Man up eh, you a tough magical dame or a mouse?” I grin. “What’s a few needles to Raisa the Mighty?” I tease.
    Despite my words, I rest my head against hers and squeeze her hand back, to let her know that it’s okay to squeeze mine harder. It will probably be sore for a couple of days if she does, but I’m not one to quickly whine. Dr. Boone has always taught me to suck it up and move forward. Unfortunately I’ve only managed to do so with physical pain. Emotional hurt is an entirely different matter for me when it comes to sucking up. I’m fine not showing anything for a while, but I know very well that each time I do it I’m setting up a time bomb. And there’s only so much load the bomb can take before it goes off.
    “You’ve got any ideas for my next one?” I ask both Raisa and Snake.
    I would like to know my mother’s opinion and I think I’m trying to distract her as well. I know the calf is a rather painful place to get art stitched. But I’ve no doubt in my mind that Raisa will be fine. I’ll help her put the ointment on thrice a day and she’ll be as good as new in no time. I hope Jaimes will give me until I’ve been brave enough to say my goodbyes to Raisa, and perhaps even my brothers and sister. I would hate myself if I would part from them without explaining a few things. They deserve some explanations, and maybe some apologies as well. God knows I can be a bit of a bully from time to time. I sigh and watch as slowly but surely an image is being formed on Raisa’s leg. I’m not so much watching the whole of it, as the fine lines and the gracefulness. Art, I’m sad I won’t be able to take any with me. How wonderful would it be to be able to take at least one print with me, or a happy memory. But this is our miserable faith; we work and pray for everything we ever come to own, and when our time comes we have to leave it all behind. There’s no point in life, not really. It’s good there are a couple of things to make the burden more bearable. And for me art is one of them. And so is Raisa. I close my eyes and gently kiss her cheek while I decide to try and put the gloomy thoughts aside for a while, and have a good time with her.

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Bella
    I blinked when Lev tensed up, and realised that he didn't like his hair being touched. But it felt really nice, and I couldn't work out why he wouldn't like it. His hair was beautiful, like starlight. I continued to play with his hair gently, the way I liked mine being played with. It always soothed me having someone else play with my hair, so I had to reason to assume he wouldn't. And besides, if he didn't, he'd tell me right? I snuggled, and felt his hand move absent-mindedly up and down my back. It was weird, and made me think of petting a kitten. He thought of me as a kitten? Then I realised how upset he was getting with me touching his hair. Well, tough luck Lev. I like it, and I will pet it if I damned well want to.
    “Bells...” he murmurs softly, and I blink a little. Did he just give me another nickname? If he had, I decided I liked my Russian one more. Then I smiled tenderly at the whispered words, and pushed myself up onto one elbow to look at him properly. Did he really think that his was his home already? Well, it would be easier for him then for us, but... I still liked it a lot.
    “I'm pretty sure most of my brothers will.” I reply softly, not really realizing just how close our faces were. “They're all quiet and withdrawn, but I think they'll give you a chance.. Fiyero might not like you much to begin with though.” He was always the more difficult brother, with everything. I didn't think the fact that I was already close to Lev would make much of a difference on any of my brothers. Then I snuggled a little closer, still playing with his hair soothingly, now with both hands, and started to tell him about my, our home.
    “I'm not sure when Raisa founded it.. I think it was 18, 19 years ago... I was the first person here..” I smiled a little at the memory – a tiny, dirty, terrified me waking up in the garden with a weird beautiful woman wrapping me up in blankets. “I thought she was going to eat me when I first woke up here..” I muttered... “Then my brothers came along slowly... And now you.” I rubbed my cheek against his affectionately. Well, he was petting me like a kitten, so... I also playfully softly licked his cheek. He tasted nice, for a guy.

Raisa
    I feel Fiyero chuckle when I hide my face on his neck. I know that he likes it, all of my children like it, when I do or say something that makes me seem more like the young, feminine young woman I appear to be. I think it showed them I need them as much as they need me. Which is true, I think. Our home works because of mutual respect, love and needing each other. I blink up at Fiyero when he starts teasing me, before wrinkling up my nose and squeaking at him.
    “Mouse!” I laugh, squeezing his hand a little harder as the tattoo went on. It wasn't large, but it was starting to feel like Bella was trying to roast half my calf. “Raisa the Mighty?” I start laughing again, and forget about the pain in my leg for a bit. Where on the Tsar's sweet Earth did that come from? Then I started laughing more at the train of thought that followed.. Sometimes I really showed my age, even in my thoughts. Thank the stars none of my kids could mind-read! I snuggled more against him carefully – keeping my leg still, and thought for a bit. I slowly calmed down, squeezing his hand a little firmer but still fully within human limits, and nuzzled him. I thought about his question, but it was getting harder and harder as more of the tattoo took form on my leg. I looked down, and saw that he'd, thankfully, finished, and was just wiping the blood from my skin. I was suddenly extra-glad it was Fiyero I brought with me, and not Bella... Then I giggled painfully, and looked up at Fiyero.
    “Do you like it?” I asked Fiyero with a smile, carefully rubbing the tears out of my eyes. I didn't want to mess up my make-up. But, I carefully stood up, and looked at it in the mirror, and smiled tearfully. It was beautiful, just like I imagined. All the little symbols that, to me, perfectly described my children. A book for Lazu.. Because Lord knows he loves his books.. A small chain of hearts for Bella.. Who just wanted to be loved...

[ bericht aangepast op 9 juni 2013 - 14:53 ]

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

“I'm pretty sure most of my brothers will. They're all quiet and withdrawn, but I think they'll give you a chance. Fiyero might not like you much to begin with though.”
    I sigh when she just continues toying with my hair and take both of her hands in mine. To prevent her from feeling absolutely rejected, I place them on my chest and keep my own hands on them, gently stroking the back of hers with my thumbs.
    “I'm not sure when Raisa founded it.. I think it was 18, 19 years ago... I was the first person here. I thought she was going to eat me when I first woke up here… Then my brothers came along slowly... And now you.” I can’t help but laugh again. I cannot imagine Raisa eating anyone, well not in the way Bella is suggesting at least. I don’t know about Raisa’s sexual appetite, and to be honest I don’t care to. I shall ask Raisa for pictures of Bella when she was an infant. I’m very curious about how she must’ve looked as a child. For some reason I think she hasn’t changed very much.
    I chuckle as she rubs her cheek against my own. She is acting like a little pet. To my own surprise I quite like it.
    “Well I shall make sure to – Aaaaaargh, no! Bad Bella! Bad bad Kukla!” I make a face when she licks my cheek. I gently smack her leg and turn my face to hers. I try to look as if I am mad, but I do realize that I am failing horribly. I softly push her on her back and put each of my arms on either side of her body, so I am hovering over her.
    “You want to play kitty? I’ll be the dog,” I grin.
    Before she is able to answer or to try and stop me, I lick her entire face with the whole of my tongue. I let it travel from her chin to her cheek to her forehead. After I have slobbered her, I look up and watch her with a look of satisfaction on my face. I then lick my lips and chuckle again. If she is going to play ball, she should be ready for when it comes back.
    I must admit that I am curious if she will make a counter move and if so what it will be. I only hope this game will not be driven too far. I know my sister would not appreciate it if it got out of hand.
    Just to be sure I keep my advantage, I wrap my hands around her wrists and pin them above her head. With a smug look on my face, I –gently- sit myself down on top of her stomach.
    “Come on, Kukla. It’s your turn,” I tease, loosening my grip ever so slightly.
    To tease her even more, I lower my upper body a bit so my face is closer to hers, yet I am still careful to remain out of her reach. What can I say? I like winning.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

“Mouse!” I laugh along with her. She is certainly not a mouse. To me she is one of the bravest persons I have ever met. And her modesty only makes her more special. Few would manage to keep their feet planted after having achieved things like Raisa has. I gently smile when she squeezes my hand harder indeed, yet I know she is still holding back. I press my lips against her forehead and keep them there for a while.
    Meanwhile my mind wanders. I still need to get new books for Lazu. And I will write a message in one of them. I’ll have to make sure I pick up a book he’s not likely to read, so he doesn’t discover the message to soon. It will be better this way. Lazu gets uncomfortable in serious conversations, well he gets uncomfortable in every conversation but that’s not the point. With Bella and Julian I know a simple goodbye should be possible. Talking to Lazu about things such as death is not a very good idea. I’d like to at least have apologized to him for picking on him so much. I know how much he dislikes it when I read his books and even more when I purposely put them back in the wrong places. The thing is, I can’t stop doing those things now or sooner than later somebody is going to figure out that something is about to happen. And since Bella is clever enough to put two and two together, she will realize why I am giving Jaimes shooting lessons. I would hate to see my plans go to ruin. Not now I’ve finally come to accept my faith. Not when-
    “Do you like it?”
    I blink, startled. Then I realize I don’t hear the buzz of the machine anymore and let my eyes travel to Raisa’s calf. It is beautiful indeed and I’m very glad she found another way to represent us. But then I notice the symbol next to my date of birth and I frown.
    “What is that supposed to be?” I ask. I can see it’s a paw, but I have no idea how that relates to me. The clock is obvious, seeing as Julian is a clockmaker. The books also fit Lazu perfectly, and the hearts I don’t get really either but the meaning of those is sure to be clearer than my paw.
    I mean, I’m hardly to be compared to a dog. And I can’t imagine any other animal that would fit me either. I’m not sure if I should be honoured or offended, although I’m inclining towards the latter. I try not to look the part though, because I know how much it means to Raisa. I just smile and await the answer.

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Bella
    I blink, but allow him to move my hands. I knew he would if he didn't like it that much. I find the fact he was stroking the back of my hands very comforting, and I was vaguely aware of a rumbling purring in my chest. I giggled when he started to laugh again, but I didn't understand what was so funny. Then, after I licked him, something completely new happened.
    He smacked me.
    It didn't hurt, and it wasn't hard but... I'd never been hit before in my life. Not even a smack on the back of the hand for trying to steal a cookie as a kid, or a tap on the nose or bottom for sass. My parents didn't believe in raising a hand to children – not that it stopped my dad strapping bullet proof vests on me and shooting me, of course. And Raisa had never hit me either, even when I first moved in and earned my nickname 'hell-cat.' I was still so in shock that he smacked me, that I didn't even notice that he'd turned us around until he started to lick my face. That broke the spell, and I started to struggle, laughing at him.
    “Eww!! Lev stahp it!” I laugh, wriggling around under him, bucking my hips to try and displace him. I wasn't trying hard – we were just playing. It was oddly nice, being able to play-fight like this. When he tried to pin me down, I grin up at him, my eyes sparkling through the orange shades. I bolt up, licking over his face, neck, chest and wrist, meowing up at him.

Raisa
    I grin impishly at him, my eyes sparkling. He was probably going to hate it, but.. I had a very good reason for choosing a cat paw as his symbol. He usually moved like a cat around the house, popping up casually beside or behind the others without a sound. Well, he couldn't creep up on me or Bella, but....
    “It's a kitty kat paw.” I said, fluttering my eyelashes at him innocently. “I couldn't think of a pretty ninja symbol for my little warrior, so he's getting a paw.” I made a heart at him with my hands, still trying to look innocently at him. It hurt putting weight on my leg, but at least my trouser leg was staying up. That was a relief... Somehow I knew that the clinging fabric would make me cry in pain. And that wouldn't be good at all. I limped over to Fiyero and wrapped my arms around his chest and softly kiss his cheek. He'd been very affectionate with me while I'd been getting my tattoo, so I figured it was okay – I only showed my children the physical affection they showed me, so I wouldn't make them uncomfortable. Lazu got an occasional pet, maybe a hair ruffle. Julian got hugs, and Fiyero got hugs and kisses depending on his mood. Bella was the only one who didn't any physical affection from me... But she never gave me any. I vowed to change that, and let her know that I love her as much as her brothers. Yes, Lev's here now, and he'll give her lots of affection, but I'm her mother. Being here with Fiyero, with this terrible sense that I'm going to loose him soon, reminds me of just how vulnerable my children are, and how easy their lives are taken from them. I decided to show them all that I loved them, let them know at least one person cares for them and will mourn their passing..
    Quickly I turn my thoughts away from their morbid subject, and focus on Fiyero again.
    “Do you like it...?” I ask again, more uncertainly this time. I knew how sensitive he was, but.. Cats always made me think of my favourite son.

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

“Eww! Lev stahp it!” Her plea only makes me laugh harder. I must say I am quite surprised by her strength when she tries to buck me off, and we’re only playing now. I’m sure she’d make more than a worthy opponent in an actual fight, though I must admit that I am not eager to find out for myself if this is the actual truth or just my opinion. Battling Bella holds no appeal to me.
    When I lock my gaze into hers, I am so stunned by her eyes I momentarily forget where I am and what I am doing. It is as if am watching a sunset, and the most beautiful one I have ever seen at that. I imagine myself, sitting alone on a mountain top and watching the sun shedding her last rays of light on yet another day that has come to an end. In my solitude I am surrounded by the light and the darkness that is to come holds no sway over me, it has not the power to scare me.
    As I gasp in complete and utter amazement, Bella brings me back into reality by licking more than just my face. I am a little too busy being astounded to feel revolted by it. Before I realise what I’m doing, I put my hands on her shoulders and push her back down, pinning her to the couch with a little more force this time. I let my eyes travel over her face and try to find the beauty in her eyes again, only to realise the moment has gone and has taken the daydream with it. Slowly, yet surely, I regain my mind and other senses. When I remember we were in the midst of a little game, I grin at Bella and chortle.
    “Bad kitty!” I tell her strictly. Then I tap her nose with my index finger, as if she were a real cat. For the second time, I take her wrists and hold them down above her head. I only use one hand this time, so I have one to spare, which I put to use by sliding it down her side.
    “I have no other option but to punish you now, Kukla,” I whisper mellifluously. I drag the tension of suspension out a little longer and then start moving my fingers at a made pace, so as to tickle her. This time I make sure she won’t be able to break loose of my hold so easily. I know I should not feel victorious just yet, as I am sure Bella has yet a trick up her sleeve, but I do. So, as the self-proclaimed winner of this game, I make to claim my prize. I lean down and nip Bella’s neck. I don’t bite remotely hard enough to break her skin, but hard enough for her to have felt it. Since I’m a good sport, I decide to give Bella a consolation prize and offer her my neck as well. Only then do I realize what I am doing. I’d gotten so caught up in the game I hadn’t really stopped to consider.
    “Oh goodness, Bella. I am so sorry,” I mumble. I look at her, shock written plainly on my face. “My apologies, I forgot-“
    In my astonishment I forget about our position and thus I land on the floor, next to the couch, when I try to give Bella her space. Immediately a jolt of pain races through my head and bottom. I stay where I am though, too embarrassed to get up.
    “Auwtch,” I whine softly.
    I don’t know what the hell I was thinking, but I hope Bella can forgive me. I’m not usually this… impertinent. It’s not how Mama has raised me. And to bite someone who is trying her best not to do the same, that is just very inconsiderate. Mother would be ashamed of me, even though it was just an innocent game. She would stress I haven’t acted as a gent, and I wouldn’t be able to contradict her. I can’t supress the tears that spring to my eyes. I don’t bother to wipe them away, and keep very still as if it would make me gone.
    “Please forgive me,” I whisper, when it’s the silence that threatens to ruin my mental health instead of the realisation that my actions might have consequences.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

“It's a kitty kat paw. I couldn't think of a pretty ninja symbol for my little warrior, so he's getting a paw.” I raise an eyebrow and start to feel a little insulted when Raisa makes a heart with her hands. I shake my head an chuckle, she’s unbelievable. When she wobbles over to hug me and peck my cheek, I have to try really hard not to burst out into laughter. She reminds me of a child, being affectionate in order to avoid having someone mad at her. I bet she knows I’m not all too happy that of all object she chose a freaking cat paw to represent me.
    “Do you like it...?” she asks after a while.
    “No,” I answer honestly yet silently. “Because I don’t get it. I mean, why a cat paw? Because I’m so affectionate, stroking against everybody’s legs and purring?” I joke. That description does not fit me at all. “Or because I might claw your eyes out at any given time?” I offer a more realistic explanation.
    I think about Raisa mentioning a ninja, but I don’t really get the link between a cat and a ninja. Ninja’s are quite lethal, and cats are… well, fluffy. I don’t think of myself as fluffy and I don’t think I ever will. I hope I never will.
    Gently I pick Raisa up. I know how uncomfortable my own muscles felt after having gotten a tattoo, and I didn’t even have to use them to walk. As I’m holding her in my arms, I realise how stupid this must seem to her; being carried by her own son.
    “Me Tarzan, you Jane,” I laugh. Quickly I wiggle my nose. “That was so wrong,” I add, still laughing.
    Slowly I walk her over to the counter, she still has to pay for her ink. Very gently I put her down, and stand closely behind her so she can lean into me and doesn’t have to put her weight on her leg. Before being able to stop myself, I nuzzle my face in her hair.
    “Pancakes!” I suddenly hear myself saying. “I want pancakes, with blueberries and whipped cream! Can we get some? We’ll order a big heap and take it home, so we can all eat pancakes. Did I mention pancakes?”
    I swear, it’s the scent of the ink that is getting to my brain. I always get funny in the head when I’ve been in the tattoo parlour for a while. Besides, it’ll be good for Raisa to get some sugar into her system. I know how dizzy I felt after being tattooed. Something about blood levels or blood pressure, I don’t know, I’m not a freaking doctor.
    “Let’s go, preciousssss,” I say, using Gollem’s voice, as I pick her up again. I hop out of the store, Raisa practically bouncing in my arms. Speaking of doctors, maybe Raisa should fetch me one. Or perhaps better not, they’d probably lock me away instantly. Nope, no doctor for me, I’ll very gladly remain crazy, thank you very much.
    “Why do we never have family movie night?” I ask then, suddenly serious. Thinking of Lord of the Rings kind of led to that thought. I’m sure Lazu has seen it, but I’m not that sure about the others. I know I’d probably sit all by myself in my own chair, but for some reason I think I might like the bunch of us watching a movie together. It would be great for Lazu, because he wouldn’t have to talk. Julian would be able to just relax properly for once and Bella, well she’d probably finally get a legitimate chance to snuggle up to one of us. And Raisa would have all her children in the same room for a period of more than half an hour, which I think would please her very much. Yes, family movie night sounds like a good idea to me.

[ bericht aangepast op 11 juni 2013 - 14:16 ]

Bella
    I stop struggling when he locks gazes with me, and I find my breathing going a little funny. It went much more shallow then it usually does, and a little faster. The look in his eyes was completely new to me... I was used to people looking horrified or disgusted when they looked into my eyes, not amazed. It was, to be put quite frankly, absolutely terrifying. Thankfully, after I licked him, the scary look in his eyes went away, though after pinning me back down again he searched my eyes again. I looked away a little bit – I couldn't bear to see that look in his eyes again. It made my heart hurt. And I didn't like things that made my heart hurt, not at all. Even if a little, tiny secret part of me was happy that someone looked at me as if I was beautiful for once, and not a freak of nature. I knew I was a freak of nature, but that really wasn't the point. I just wished I could at least look more normal, like Julian and Fiyero. I thought Lazu was very pretty, but I was secretly glad I wasn't a blue stone like him. I didn't really suit blue... And I didn't mind my hair. I liked my hair. It was my eyes. I wished my stone didn't manifest itself in my eyes so strongly.... I hated having to wear contacts, but I hated what happened if I didn't wear them more – the novelty of being called a witch and having things thrown at you fades pretty damned fast, let me tell you.
    The tap on the nose made me blink and go cross-eyed. He certainly was enjoying smacking me, I had to say. I didn't mind – he wasn't hurting me. It was the shock that made me blink, nothing else. Of course, if he did start hurting me, he'd loose his hands quicker then he could blink.
    “Bad kitty!” I hear him say, and giggle again, before feeling his other hand – the one that wasn't holding my wrists down a little harder then before – running down the side of my bare ribs. It made me shiver, and I was about to request he moved his hand when he started to tickle me! What a strange one this Lev was... He kept introducing me to new things, things that I should have experienced already.. That thought made tears brim my eyes, even as I was giggling and trying to get away from the evil, tickling Russian seated atop me.
    Then suddenly, I felt his teeth on my neck, and I made a noise I'd never made before. It took a few seconds to realise that the noise was a moan. I blushed scarlet, before realizing I no longer felt Lev's comforting weight on me. I found him sitting on the floor, crying silently and apologising. Why was he crying? Was it just because he bit me? Did I taste that bad? I decided to check that later, before I went to bed. It'd look weird if I softly bit my own arm now, after all. I slithered off the couch like a little diamond snake, and curled up onto his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck to rub his upper back soothingly and rocking him gently. I didn't touch his hair, but I did nuzzle the top of his head and kiss it softly, murmuring soothingly to him in French. I didn't like seeing him cry, especially since I didn't really understand why he was crying. I kept rocking him and stroking his back and nuzzling and murmuring to him until he calmed down.

Raisa
    I was very careful to not let the hurt I felt when he told me that he didn't like his symbol show, and smiled at him instead. I hoped that he'd liked it more when he understood my reasoning behind having the cat paw to represent him.
    “I picked the cat paw...” I said slowly, to explain. “Because you seem very cat-like to me, to all of us. You move around silently, and just pop up behind them from time to time. You're a loner, like the cat, but you have your silly moments.” I smiled faintly. “And although you're all kinds of cute, you can look after yourself just fine.” I hoped the explanation would help him to like his symbol a little bit more. To me, it really did fit him... I just hoped he didn't hate it.
    Then he picked me up, and I blinked at him. Okay, this was definitively more comfortable then trying to walk, but it was still strange to be carried around again. And stranger still that the one carrying me was my son. I started laughing when he quoted Disney at me, and paid for my tattoo when he gently set me down at the counter. I lean against him, and shiver a little and giggle when he nuzzles into my hair.
    “Pancakes! I want pancakes, with blueberries and whipped cream! Can we get some? We'll order a big heap and take it home, so we can all eat pancakes! Did I mention pancakes?” I heard him babble. He always babbled for a bit after he'd come home from a new tattoo, so I knew this was normal.
    “Yes sweety.” I said, a laugh in my voice. “Four times.” but the idea sounded good to me, it'd make a good lunch. I hoped everyone would sit and eat together – then I could introduce everyone properly to Lev. I knew Fiyero wanted a proper introduction so, it was only fair they all got one. Well, Bella didn't need one – she was in the kitchen when he came in, so they were already introduced and made friends when Fiyero and I left. Also, I was feeling more then a little bit dizzy – probably from the blood loss, I assumed. So the sugar would help.
    “Let’s go, preciousssss,” he hisses, using Gollem’s voice, before picking me up and bouncing out the shop, making me hold onto him tighter to make sure I don't fall out of his arms. I laugh again at his sillyness – I loved seeing my favourite son being so happy. It made me happy. I guess that makes me a good mother – my childrens happiness makes me happy, and their sadness makes me sad.
    “Why do we never have family movie nights?” I blinked up at him. He was being serious now, and I thought about it. I tried it with them once, but Lazu didn't come out of his room, and Fiyero and Bella told me very heatedly that 'we're not a family!' before vanishing off to their own rooms. I decided to not mention that - he was already a little touchy about my tattoo. And he did call me mother earlier.. I didn't want to hurt his feelings reminding him that at one point he swore that we weren't a family.
    “Well... Do you guys want to?” I ask back simply. “We could ask the others at lunch while we have our pancakes.” I gently nudge him. Then I remembered he asked why we didn't. “And we don't because well..” I thought about how I could tell him without hurting his feelings. “You guys never really seemed to want to do anything as a family..” It was hard enough making them all sit down at the table together for dinner, let alone having them all in the same room long enough to watch a movie. But I do think it'd be good for us all the spend some quality family time together. Lazu had an excuse to be quiet, Julian and Fiyero could just relax, Bella would have a legitimate excuse to cuddle one of her older brothers, and I could cuddle my cousin, as well as spending some time with all of my children. But I did really love the idea.

Jazz Delaney.

He was gone. Finally. I’d told him so many times and even asked nicely once, but the kiddo stayed bugging me. He was like a cockroach coming back again. Does he have the gift for stupidity? I recalled still some words which he’d said, but those didn’t remain long in my head.
          ‘Yep, I seriously need to get laid. At that, my bro, you are fucking right.’ I murmured while I sighed deep and looked around the room. The chaos that I’d made still was not tidied up, but the energy to get up and clear this crappy shit I didn’t have in me. Not at all, even. Most likely, I’d rather just throw this all into the nearest trashcan or toss it outta the window, so that everything is gone.
          Old rock music filled the room and because I was determined to forget everything, I’d put it a bit louder. Complaining is no point. Folks in this apartment complex should complain at someone else’s door, as I don’t give a rat’s ass about it. For example, that asshole that lives a couple doors away from mine, on the corner of the hallway. Everybody knows that he sexually assaulted some broads, quite the bombshells even, but they all don’t do a fuck about it.
          My back lay on the mattress while my eyes wandered gradually towards the ceiling. Suddenly there came a nauseous feeling in me, one that did not go away so soon. It seemed like a memory I wanted to repress. Perhaps I bluntly forgot it by the excessive drinking from me, although somehow I knew that wasn’t the case. I didn’t wanna recall this stupid shit.

‘Daddy…’ A young girl sobbed, not wanting to stop or even could. ‘W-wake up… for me?’ She let it end in a question since she somehow knew perfectly well that he would not wake up. Not even now, when she asked so nicely. He would never open his eyes again and because of that, the girl cried even harder. That girl was me. I did not have white hair, not even blonde; I had a sandy-color hair. And on that day I had it in two low pigtails.
          Trembling I allowed myself to fall on the ground next to the man I call father. My eyes wandered over his face, caught the pale color of his skin and my shaking fingers opened his eyes. They were closed, but as soon as I saw the ice-blue my hands fell down beside me. He gazed deeply in my soul, as I started shivering. It felt so cold that I thought winter had come. It was terrifying, because it did not seem natural.
          I was the only one on that moment that cared for him, and now I even started to wonder if I always was the one that loved him. I remember how my tiny arms embraced him as if he was my last hold, while my tears kept coming until I could no longer.
          My mother, no – Lana didn’t do a fuck. I bet she did not even care. She just stood there staring at how I held him, how my father laid on the cold floor dead.

I got up, put my black, tight pants and shirt good on, after which I glanced at the photo of Ryan.
          ‘One day, Ryan, I promise you, I’ll come and get you. Just watch me, all those motherfuckers that are in my way will find a quick death.’ My eyes started getting darker while I said that and I put my combat boots on. As I reached for the pack of cigarettes, I licked my lips and walked to the door. Here I grabbed my leather jacket and put the gemstones in, after which I dropped the door in the lock. Off to some ol’ good fun; someone to pick up and have sex with. That sucker had been right about one thing.
          Especially after that memory.

[ bericht aangepast op 13 juni 2013 - 22:26 ]

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

I must admit I am many levels of surprised when Bella slides of the couch and uses my body as a giant pillow. To be honest; I am more than happy to cushion her “fall”. I shiver when she wraps her arms around my neck and sit up a tad straighter when she starts rocking me. For a moment I cannot believe this is really happening. I would’ve thought she’d be mad with me, and I believe she has every reason to be. Raisa has told me how Bella struggles to keep from having humans for meals, and I all but provoked her into it just a few minutes ago. One last, lonely sob leaves my lungs as Bella kisses my head. I vaguely recognize some of her French whisperings and decide I like that she is able to speak French. It makes her seem so much more mature. Or perhaps that’s just the rocking and practically cradling me, I’m not entirely sure. The combination of all of the above is enough to stun me into silence. Even my breath seems to become much quieter. When I am one hundred percent sure that Bella holds no grudge against me for biting her, I am able to move again. But I find myself lacking the will to do so. I notice that I feel perfectly content, having Bella sitting on my lap and holding me, and comforting me. Raisa has done her daughter no justice in her letters. Not many would make the effort of comforting a practical stranger. But I know I would do the same for her.
    Only when I wrap my own arms around her waist, do I notice she feels so cold. Her icy temperature even manages to seep through my sweater. A little reluctant I pull one arm from around her and let my hand search the surface of the sofa. When it comes across the blanket we were both under earlier, I grab it and pull it towards me. Tenderly I put it over Bella’s shoulders and back and fold it closed over her chest and stomach.
    “You mustn’t catch a cold,” I whisper. “Your mother and I would worry.”
    Now it is my turn to press my lips against her forehead and then I move to kiss her neck, in the exact same spot where I bit her just now. It might not help, but at this moment I can’t seem to find the right words to apologize, and this seems my only way of making amends. I hold Bella tightly in my arms and enjoy just sitting like this for a while, resting my head on her shoulder. When I try to shift, so she might be more comfortable, another jolt of pain startles me. I hiss and clench my jaws.
    “I think I might have broken my buttocks,” I softly tell Bella, trying to sound as light about it as possible.
    Today is not a good day for gracefulness, so it seems.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

I notice Raisa’s surprise over my questions when she quietly blinks a couple of times. I know very well that it’s probably a question she wouldn’t have expected, especially from me. I’m not usually one to willingly spend time with my housemates, so I can understand her confusion.
    “Well... Do you guys want to? We could ask the others at lunch while we have our pancakes. And we don't because well… You guys never really seemed to want to do anything as a family…” I blush, feeling a little reprimanded, even though there’s not a single hint of accusation in her voice. I know that she means me. I once literally told her that I didn’t see the others as my family, but that was a long time ago and I hadn’t met my murderer then.
    The truth is, as much as I hate getting close to people, I would like my housemates to at least have a few good memories of me. I don’t want to leave them with them thinking I hate them, even though that would be so much easier for them. Perhaps I’m just being my own selfish me again, but that’s just how I feel about things.
    “I – I would like to try it now,” I answer softly. “Not necessarily today. I think Bella might be more receptive too,” I add. Of course I won’t elaborate as to why I think that, because that would require telling Raisa about the shooting lesson I’ve given Jaimes today and that’s a secret I’d rather take with me. Besides, she might not give Jaimes the chance and just kill me herself if I would tell her. If not she would do anything in her power to prevent my death from happening, and to be honest I would rather have it over with in a couple of weeks than dread the moment my entire life like I have done up until today. This world is no place for me. I was not made for love, which according to many is the only reason we roam this planet. If I were, God would not have given me a cold, hard, black stone for heart, now would he? I’m not a child of his, I’m an abomination. And I would have died sooner or later. Why wait ‘till later? Why drag out the inevitable? I can ask Jaimes to do a clean job, and shoot me through the eye, or through the heart. I don’t think he really cares about how I die, as long as I do. So since I am offering myself to him quite willingly, I think he should at least consider my own opinion about my death. If he could make my body disappear, that would be great as well. Raisa would die of grief if she were to find it somewhere. I don’t want her to see me dead, that’s not how I want her to picture me. She shouldn’t have to live with an image like that.
    “We should let Lazu pick a movie, he has a decent taste in stories. I think he’d manage to find one we would all enjoy. And I think he might like the idea more if he gets to choose the film,” I quietly tell Raisa. Meanwhile we’ve reached the bookstore, and I use my bum to push the door open, seeing as I’m carrying Raisa in my arms. I take her upstairs, to the fiction section and put her down in one of the settees.
    “I’m going to need help on this,” I sigh. That’s a lie. I know better than anyone else in the house which kinds of books Lazu likes. If I let Raisa help me though, the books I’ve picked will be more likely to be picked up after I’ve gone, which will cause Lazu to find my message for him for sure. And I would just like Raisa to help me pick a book or two, even though I don’t really need her to do so. We get so little time, just the two of us, so I’m going to take this afternoon and squeeze every minute I can out of it. I take a quick look around, but wait for Raisa to come up with an idea. Meanwhile I keep my eye out for a non-of-chlorine-reeking copy of Requiem for a Dream. I really need to replace that book.

Rosemary Aventurine Albus

A slight frown appeared on her face when Sho threw the cigar out of the window, but it was smoothed as she sighed. She’d just have to gather it in the morning, right now she didn’t want to go outside anymore. Besides, trying to find something like that in the dark wasn’t a task she would look forward to. Sure, she could use magic, but that was just too much of a hassle and using magic for useless things like that was just stupid.
    “That’s okay,” Rosemary tells him, when he says that he hasn’t cooked for anyone in a while. “I’d still like to taste your food. They say that one can tell what a person is like by how the food is made.” The warlock thought this to be true to an extent. Her mother’s food always tasted different than the food that the maid prepared, even though they made the same dishes. It was probably about the feelings put into cooking or something like that. So… perhaps if she’d cook with ‘love’ then her food would even be better? Rosemary huffed. Right, as if.
    “Albus it is.” The woman looked up in surprise at these words, eyeing her hunter with question. He seemed to be dead serious about it, so slowly, Rosemary nodded. “Alright. Albus then.” This wasn’t exactly going as she expected it to; it was going far better. For years she’d wanted to take revenge and now she’s going to marry their most promising heir and he’s even taking on her name. “Alois Albus…” she softly said, trying the name in her mouth. Rosemary quite liked the sound of that, if she were honest. A small, pleased smile appeared on her lips and she giggled very softly in amusement, squinting her eyes closed for a short moment.
    The hard way, huh? “You really think of me as despicable that much?” Guess that couldn’t be helped, she did after all force him to kill for her. Sighing, she took a look into the oven, nodding in approval. Almost done. Rosemary looked at Alois silently when he urgently told her that they would not be sleeping over at his family’s house, even if they would ask them to. Something had to be the reason for that and she didn’t know what it was. It bugged her a bit. She wanted to know, she had to. But alright then: “If that’s what you want. A hotel room then? They have suites that are connected, so you won’t have to sleep in the same room as I.” By now, she was suspicious in the very least. What had happened to him in his past that he hated to be touched and that he didn’t even want to sleep in the same room as anyone else? Did someone - ? No. Impossible. The Amboise were sick with their incest, but they wouldn’t molest a small child, would they? It couldn’t be true. She shook her head. There had to be another reason for it.
    “You seem to be forgetting about the main course,” Rosemary said, gesturing towards the oven, where the sea devil was ready to be eaten. “Let’s eat and afterwards I’ll show you to your room. You can leave the cleaning to me.” It was something she was good at anyway and she liked it. Besides, she would probably not be happy with the result of his cleaning anyway and do what he’d done over.
    “Eh? My hair?” Her hand went up to touch the white strands. The first look of surprise changed into a melancholic smile. “Magic takes its toll. There’s nothing like a free lunch, you see. And more than four hundred years old, so naturally it turned white. I’m glad I didn’t get wrinkles or something like that. Besides, white looks clean.” She used to like her blonde hair, but when the white replaced the gold, Rosemary was even more pleased. White was good.

[soooo sorry for taking so long. ;; oh,, and if Rosemary finds out about the abuse, then there will be casualties.]

there is an ocean in my heart, hidden behind eyes of celadon.

Aerilyn Suraya Guangco || Sunshine

The local bar wasn't much compared to what Aerilyn was used to, but the vodka was damn good stuff. Downing the fourth one, she took another bite of the spaghetti she'd ordered. Muttering under her breath, she cursed the female warlock. Stupid woman had just ignored her and even though she hated men, she hated the warlock even more. Finishing the spaghetti, she thanked the man behind the bar and told him to give her compliments to the cook. Dusk had fallen over the little town and it was getting late, but even so, the bar was still quite empty and only a few old geezers were sitting at some tables or playing pool. Sighing, Aerilyn hoped that someone interesting would come stepping into the bar, brightening up the evening a bit. Secretly, she was dying for a cigarette and some good sex, but she doubted she'd find any willing girl in this town. Crossing her legs, Sunshine leaned onto the bar with her elbow and ordered herself a white russian. If she couldn't get laid, at least she could get wasted.

there is an ocean in my heart, hidden behind eyes of celadon.