• Treasure Chests

All That Glitters Isn't Gold

Magic: It's still very much alive in this world. Warlocks, masters of this magic, still live among us, hidden from Human sight. A few centuries ago, a strong warlock made a very strange discovery. When too much magic manifests in an infant's body, it crystallises in the infant's chest in the form of a gemstone. These 'Gem children' grow up as very sickly babies before turning into very strong humans. The warlocks did not care for the child and killed it to harvest the gemstone from its chest. For a while, the warlock was the most powerful of his kind thanks to the raw power of this gemstone. Then his secret came out.
    Ever since, the Gem children have been ruthlessly hunted down. Rare as they are, they already face extinction. Not all Warlocks could be bothered to hunt for this power. And this was how the Hunters were created. Humans were chosen to be charmed with a special strength, and they were blackmailed into doing the Warlocks' dirty work. This was easy until one exceptionally strong Warlock, Raisa Romaine Dvornikov, build a house and charmed it to protect the Gemchildren. Any gemchild was welcome, but Hunters would be unable to breath when they crossed the threshold into the building.
    This RPG follows the gemchildren, the warlocks, their hunters and their stories.

RPG Rules
    1)English only
    2)6 line minimum per post; (12 minimum if you have two characters in the post)
    3)2 characters maximum;
    4)Anything unrelated to the RPG in the chat topic;
    5)No killing a character without permission of the owner;
    6)No 'perfect characters'. Each character must have a few flaws;
    7)Wait 2-3 posts before replying again;

Rules related to Gemhearts
    1)They must have one personality trait that related to their Heartstone; (Find the list of traits here)
    2)They can only use their special ability when they are holding a stone similar to their heartstone in their hand;
    3)They are either taken into the protection house by Raisa the Warlock, or they hear about it and find it themselves;
    4)They are allowed to leave the protection house, but it is dangerous.

Rules related to Warlocks
    1)Warlocks don't just snap their fingers to use their magic. They use long spells, runes and potions to achieve their goals;
    2)They are not all powerful.;
    3)They can't bring people back from the dead.
    4)Warlocks can track the movements of their Hunter, but not read their mind or anything.

Rules related to Hunters
    1)Hunters are normal non-magical people who get blackmailed by the Warlocks to kill Gemchildren.
    2)They wear an enchanted necklace which gives them more strength than normal Humans and helps them tell Normal children from Gemhearts.

Roles:

Gem Children
    1) Female – Diamond – Bella Lumière – Shinibubbles
    2) Male – Lapis Lazuli – Lazu Markl – Escritura
    3) Male – Black Onyx – Fiyero Gabrielle Arch – Theodora
    4) Male – Amethyst– Julian Rowland – Yoda

Hunters and Warlocks
    1) Hunter – Female – Jazlyn Ophelia Delaney – Tortura
    2) Hunter – Female – Aerilyn Suraya Guangco – PlagueRat
    3) Hunter – Female – Blake Skyler – Ubiquitous
    3) Hunter – Male – Jaimes Avril Ashley – Escritura
    4) Hunter – Male – Alois Amboise – Hashirama
    5) Warlock – Female – Raisa Romaine Dvornikov – Shinibubbles
    6) Warlock – Female – Rosemary Aventurine Albus - PlagueRat
    7) Warlock – Male – Izan Alvaro Ruiz – Tortura
    8) Warlock – Male – Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze – Theodora

Story!

Chat Topic!

[ bericht aangepast op 5 aug 2013 - 14:42 ]

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

Bella
    I smile uncertainly as I watch a blush creep over Lev’s cheeks – did I do that when I kissed his cheek? Really? I also noticed how he watched Raisa leave with a pleading look in his eyes. Did he really not want to spend more time with me after what happened in the living room? Or was he worried that I’d throw a fit at him? I didn’t think I’d be able to throw a fit at him – he’s been nothing but nice to me since turning up. That being said, I didn’t think I’d be able to throw a fit at one of my brothers. And I yelled at Fiyero. I shouldn’t have yelled at him, he didn’t deserve that. A fresh wave of guilt washed over me and I felt a little like I was drowning.
    Then Lev’s cool, damp fingers were on my chin and making me look at him. Was he really asking if he was my first kiss? Wasn’t it obvious? I though it was…
    “Yes…” I said softly, as he brushes some hair from my face. Then he launches into what I assumed was a very long-winded apology, and I stare at him blankly before realizing that he’d stopped talking and had sighed. Did he do all of that in one breath? Wow my head hurt… This was such a weird day, and it was so far from the usual routine that I really wasn’t that happy. I rub my temples as I let Lev’s words sink in so I could actually make sense of his ramble. My cheeks darken, and then I smile at him uncertainly, shyly.
    “It’s okay.” I tell him with another soft kiss on his cheek. Then I think for a second, and mutter to myself. “I should go apologize to Fiyero, I shouldn’t have yelled at him… He was just trying to protect me…” I hop up and take hold of Lev’s wrists, pulling him up easily. Then I smile at him brightly as a plan of action appears in my head. “How about you go see mama, make sure she’s okay. I’ll go and apologize to Fiyero, then we can bake him a cake!” That should make him forgive me. I hoped. Then I took off towards the lake. I knew that’s where Fiyero would be – whenever he got upset or angry he swam. And there was no way he’d use the pool, what with me and Lev sitting there. Usually, I respected his decision to be alone and cool down, but I really wanted to apologize. I hated fighting, and I especially hated fighting with family.
    “Fi!” I called, pulling off Lev’s hoodie and wriggling out of my skirt. There was no way I was going into water with a floor length skirt. He was already waist-deep in the water, and it looked like he was naked. I seriously hoped he still had at least his boxers on. I saw the Hunter sleeping under his jeans, but I decided to ignore him this once. I splashed awkwardly into the ice cold water and gasp softly. Jesus, Mary and Joseph the water was cold! I walked over to Fiyero, and kinda fell against him. The water was getting a little too deep for me, so I wrapped my arms tightly around his waist. Thankfully, he had his boxers on. That was a small relief.
    “I’msosorryIyelledatyouFi,Ishouldn’thave,youwerejusttryingtolookoutforme.” I said in one breath, before looking up at him uncertainly. I didn’t loosen my grip though. I was a little out of my depth and I didn’t like that feeling. “I won’t yell at you again… And I’m sorry about what I said about the hunter…” I nuzzle him gently. “I shouldn’t have said that, and I’m really sorry…. I’ll make you a cake.” I look at him, pleading in my eyes. I hated the idea of fighting with him. “I’ll be more careful around Lev, alright?” My shoulder was throbbing by this point, with the plaster barely holding on and a little trickle of blood running down over my shoulderblade.
    When the Hunter suddenly yelled, I jumped with a squeak and clung onto Fiyero like a startled cat – I think I dug my nails into his shoulderblades. I panted softly, and then pushed off from Fiyero and started to walk home. At least this time I wasn’t covered in blood? I guess that was a good thing. I pull the hoodie back on – my shirt was mostly dry, and the hoodie covered me almost to my knees. I put my skirt over my arm because I didn’t particularly want to put anything on my wet legs. I get into the kitchen and saw pancakes. My stomach grumbled loudly, reminding me that I hadn’t actually eaten anything since breakfast, and it was now coming on for 3pm. I take a pancake and stuff it in my mouth, grabbing another two and holding them close to me. Some habits were really hard to break.

Raisa
    I watch confused as Fiyero freezes, pushing his hands into his pockets. He’s trembling, and suddenly he’s yelling at me. I flinch, and blink at his words. That sounds nothing like the Lev I knew. Then I hear him apologize, and I smile hesitantly.
    “It’s okay…” I tell him, and watch him as he leaves the room. I stand where I was for a little longer, frozen to the spot from confusion. Then I pull myself together and go to the kitchen to put all the pancakes onto plates ready for when people came through for them. Out of the window, I watch Bella run off somewhere, and Lev coming in. I smile at him.
    “Hello Lev, what’s wrong?”

[ bericht aangepast op 17 aug 2013 - 17:43 ]

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

My thoughts are quickly fading, and making space for a numbness I haven’t felt in quite a while. The only thing I feel like doing right now, is either stand here until I freeze or walk deeper and deeper into the water until only my eyes can be seen above the surface, as if I were a crocodile.
    “Fi!”
    I’m about to whip my head around, when I recognize Bella’s voice, but then I remember how mad I still am at her, for choosing Lev’s side over mine, for talking back at me like she did and for hurting me with her last comment. So I keep standing where I am, stubbornly, and continue staring ahead of me, hoping she’ll leave me alone again. I should’ve never showed her I care, because she just shoved it right back down my own oesophagus. I meant it when I decided she was back on her own.
    It appears I’m out of luck, though, since Bella has come into the water and suddenly pops in front of me, clinging on to my waist. I do my very best not to try and pry her hands loose. I might not be planning to help her out of a mess ever again, but that doesn’t mean I want her to drown.
    “I’msosorryIyelledatyouFi,Ishouldn’thave,youwerejusttryingtolookoutforme. I won’t yell at you again… And I’m sorry about what I said about the hunter… I shouldn’t have said that, and I’m really sorry…. I’ll make you a cake. I’ll be more careful around Lev, alright?”
    It takes me every fibre in my body and every last bit of willpower not to wrap my arms around her and hold her close. I haven’t a sister anymore, merely another housemate again. She may claim to be sorry, but that doesn’t undo what has happened, it doesn’t erase her words from my memory, as much as I wish it would. I just keep my head up high, as my lips starts to quiver. If I look at her now, I will cry and I simply refuse to show her how deep she has cut me.
    “Yeah, you do that,” I manage to say, sounding rather monotone.
    I startle, when I suddenly hear someone shouting. The combination of the voice, along with Bella pressing her body so tightly to mine causes me to hiss and fight the rush of feelings that is trying to overpower me. I might not mentally like people, but that doesn’t mean my body doesn’t react to them, however much I hate it. I lock my jaws together and close my eyes, as I make fists under water. Dead puppies. Old grannies with ugly, yapping pooches. Rotten fruit. Back off, Junior. I’m not in the mood to be in the mood.
    When Bella leaves, I take a deep breath as I feel warm tears, so contrasting with the cold water I’m standing in, streaming down my cheeks. I dip my head under water, to hide how wet my face is. When I resurface, I turn around to make sure Jaimes is not attacking the little Asian doll. I frown, as a strange pang shoots through my chest at the thought of him hurting her, trying to kill her… instead of me. It takes me a moment to realise that what I’m experiencing is pure, undiluted jealousy. I feel my eyes stinging again, but again I fight the tears, with more success this time. Once I see Bella disappear through the trees, I turn my gaze to Jaimes, only to find out he’s eyeing me as if I’m a mere piece of meat. For a moment, I want to look away and dive under water so I’d be hidden from his sight, so I could escape from his burning, stupid purple eyes. But I refuse to put myself in such a vulnerable position, especially towards him. He needn’t know I’ve been thinking about him all day, for whichever reason my brain has decided to betray me like that. He needn’t know the thought of him killing another upsets me, merely for the sake of me not being the only one to get his attention.
    “That’s a nice view. Do I get to see more?”
    I blink, and stare at him, utterly surprised by that question and the suddenness of it. There is no way I am coming out of the water, in my white, soaked boxers while that Hunter freak is watching me. Only now do I notice he’s wearing just as little as I am. I try to ignore the electrical feeling that is coursing through my body. My eyes widen when it reaches my abdomen and the boner I’d been fighting earlier decides to strike back twice as powerful.
    I shoot Jaimes an angry look, for doing this to me. Because there’s no denying now that it’s his fault. I clench my jaws again and raise my hand above the water, only to kindly give my archery pupil a nice view of my middle finger.
    “Kiss my ass, lobster boy!” I shout at him, not even flashing him a grin. Now I am left with two questions. How the hell did Jaimes get so red since I last saw him? And how the fuck do I get out of here?

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

My heart begins to stutter when young Bella affirms that I am indeed the first to kiss her. I am at complete and utter loss of words. How is it that nobody has ever wanted to caress those delicate lips of her? I am baffled beyond my own believe at learning this.
    “It’s okay,” she tries to assure me quickly after my rant. Her second kiss on my cheek, makes me forgot how to breathe momentarily. I would have thought she’d be livid with me. Because if the confusion that is coursing through my body is so grave, I cannot begin to fathom how she must be feeling now. I would not blame her at all if she were to be mad with me, although it would sorely pain me.
    “I should go apologize to Fiyero, I shouldn’t have yelled at him… He was just trying to protect me…”
    At this decision, I softly nod. She should indeed try to make amends with her brother. I cannot honestly say I agree with his method of approaching, but I do fully realise that he was only trying to protect her. I try not to imagine how I myself would react if I were to see a stranger kissing this lovely youth. I haven’t known her as long as Fiyero has, but I must admit that in this short period of time I have gotten to care for her.
    A subtle hint of fear creeps up my spine as I see Bella flashing a rather scary smile at me. In nervous anticipation, I stare back at her. What is she up to?
    “How about you go see mama, make sure she’s okay. I’ll go and apologize to Fiyero, then we can bake him a cake!”
    I raise an eyebrow and snort a little. Now, I might intend to try and not cross Fiyero again, but after he has “whooped my ass” as I believed it is often called nowadays, I must say I do not look forward at baking him a cake. The only reason I would bake one is because Bella desires me to do so, but never once would her brother cross my mind when in the process of it.
    I softly smile at her, as she helps me up, and softly kiss her forehead before she dashes off. She reminds me of a foal at certain times. She is so vibrant, with a hint of naïve and a whole lot of adorable. I recognize some of my sister in her too.
    Suddenly I become all too aware that I am cold. No, I am beyond cold. I’ve nothing to warm my upper body with, since Bella has stolen my hoodie. Rubbing my arms, I hurry inside, in pursuit of Bella’s advice to seek Raisa. I really must clear the air with her and confess my error. She has taken me into her house, she deserves my honesty. And perhaps I am hoping to gain her insight and maybe some advice on this rather difficult matter as well.
    It doesn’t take long before I find Raisa in the kitchen, which happens to be the first room I check for her presence.
    “Hello Lev, what’s wrong?” she asks, as she turns at me.
    I open my mouth to answer, but the only sounds to escape from my parted lips is a choked gasp. I cannot immediately put my finger on the nature of them, but Raisa’s emotions are thus loaded right now that it triggers our empathic connection. I drop to my knees as I struggle to breathe, while trying to convey my worries for my sister-dear with my eyes. I can hardly imagine she would be this upset of what’s come to pass between Fiyero and I. She knows me well enough to realise I will do my best to sort it out.
    I feel our telepathic bond flaring up as well, and I’m glad for it, as only one question haunts my mind right now.
    ”Why are you unwell?”

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Jaimes Avril Ashley

Only when she detaches herself from Jack’s body, do I notice the Asian gem-child. She disappears through the trees I recognize her in an instant. She was the same creepy woman that had been around Jack before; the one who had decided to slaughter and eat a person. I can sense that she’s a gem-child, and before I know what I’m doing, my hand slides towards my pocket to take out my knife. The urge to get up and run after her, to cut the beating gemstone from her chest, is so strong. After years of training and murdering, it’s become a basic instinct. I need to kill. I need to collect those precious stones and get Linda back safely. A feel of disgust settles over me. But a guy needs to do what a guy needs to do. And if that includes brutally murdering ‘innocent’ teenagers, then so be it. No one is really innocent anyway. So I would gladly wash my hands in their tainted blood for the chance to get my little sister back, alive and well. I owed her that much.
    It’s only when I touch my bare skin and a searing pain shoots though me that I remember that I’m nearly naked. I wince and glance down at myself. My flawless skin is tinged red. Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me…
    On top of my skin being burned, my eyes are also starting to sting. I need to clean my contacts, which means taking them out at some point. I decide to do that later, when I’m alone. For now, I’ll have to deal with the pain.
    By the time I focus on Jack again, he’s completely soaked. Small water droplets roll down his chest. Okay, he does look really tasty. And to be quite honest if we were normal people, I would gladly tie him down naked to my bed. But he’s a Gem-child and I’m a Hunter. That’s the way things are. And he can play all his stupid little mind-games with me, trying to teach me archery and what-not, but I’m still going to be cutting the gemstone from his pale chest. He then interrupts my train of thought by showing me his middle finger. Well then.
    “Kiss my ass, lobster boy!” he shouts, a look of uncomfortable anger in his grey eyes. I laugh and run a hand through my hair, attempting to make it look less messy. The movement hurts though.
    “I’d rather do something much different to your ass,” I tease. I study my skin and assess the damage. It’ll take a day or two to go away though. And I don’t own any fucking after-sun, so I’m going to have to steal some. I sigh and eye the water. Judging by the state of Jack’s nipples, it was still pretty damn cold. And God knows that would be a relief for my burned skin. I grin slowly.
    “Mind if I come and join you?” I don’t wait for an answer and get up. Jack is the perfect distraction. Good looking, snarky, and I really do need a distraction. I’m only months away from my deadline. I need eleven more gemstones. Then I’ll get Linda back, alive and well and I’ll put her in that protection house; anonymously, of course. Give her a new name and let her hide there. It’s not much of a life, but she’ll be safe.
    I feel annoyed with myself, because despite having the perfect distraction right here, my mind keeps slipping back to her. I guess it’s the aftermath of the nightmare. I throw Jack/Fi a charming smile and slide into the water. It’s ice cold and perfect for my damaged skin. I close my eyes briefly, which makes the contacts itch even worse, but it’s worth it.
    I keep a distance of two feet between myself and Jack, for now, and unblinkingly watch his eyes.
    “So,” I start, as if we just met in the supermarket. “I thought our date wasn’t until tomorrow?” He has to know I’m teasing him, right? Most his reactions are hilarious.

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Julian

I feel Lazu's arms circle around my waist, feel him nuzzle into me, and somehow, a warm feeling flushes over me. It makes me feel slightly fuzzy and it shows me just how much we have actually been through today. The way his body presses against mine makes me think about how fragile he is. Something which makes me want to protect him, even though I'm perfectly incapable of protecting anyone. I shouldn't even try doing that, even though I did the exact same thing today without even thinking twice. I'm glad i didn't think twice, or else lazu would probably be some kind of sextoy in a weird-ass BDSM dungeon right now. Just not consensual.. At all. I hope. Julian, stop this train of thought, good.
          Lazu finally seems to be relaxing and I tighten my grip on him slightly, not wanting to let go. It took me a while to realise, but having Lazu here with me right now is making sure I won't be freaking out anytime soon. And it feels nice, comforting to know that I might have somebody in the house that actually manages to calm me down when needed. Raisa tries, but never fully succeeds.
    "“Feelings are like toes! They have to breathe free or they'll stink to high heaven. I'm sorry for freaking out. I'm.. I'm not.. exactly having a good day. Thank you for... calming me down,” he tells me softly. I smile softly and my hand trails along his back.
    "I know, I was there for most of it, remember? You really don't have to apologise for that. At least you've calmed down, that's what matters. So it's all good." My hand continues rubbing his back softly.
    “Walt Disney was afraid of mice,” I can feel my shirt moving slightly and know he's fidgeting with it. It sends a small shiver down my spine and makes goosebumps appear on my skin. It's not overly noticable, but they're there. Strange that my body can have that reaction from just some fabric moving across my back.
    “That's sort of ironic, considering he created Mickey and Minnie. I quite like Disney films. My favourite is Sleeping Beauty. The meeting-sequence is adorable and the music brilliant. Maleficent terrifies me, but I love how the Prince saves her life. I also like how he was disgusted by the thought of marrying her when he was a kid.” It's really cute how he talks about the disney movies. I love disney movies, even though I never really showed it. You wouldn't exactly think I'd like them anyway. I also like the way he nuzzles my shoulder. That's cute too.
    "Yeah, I like them too. My favorite one is Lilo and Stitch. And the fox and the hound. For various reasons.." My voice trails off slightly, just as my mind seems to be doing. No, Julian, do not go there. Thankfully, Lazu pulls me straight back.
    “I know I said I was leaving... But I'm really comfortable... Sorry...” A smile creeps its way up my face and I chuckle.
    "Well, you are very welcome to stay right here. Can’t have you be uncomfortable, now can I.” I smile and pull him in a little closer. Today has been strange, but I think some things might be looking up from now on. I mean, it’s not like we haven’t done this before. Nearly being killed by hunters is part of our daily lives, if we want to get out of the house that is. But Lazu and I.. Somehow we’ve opened up a little. Both of us. Quite frankly, I am scared to death of opening up to anyone, but I am so sick of not opening up too. So I am quite content about this sudden turn of events. Even if it meant throwing coffee in a crazy ladies’ face and nearly getting killed.
    "Get your tiny asses down here, eh! And hurry or you’ll have no pancakes! And we got them for you, assholes, so you better get down here like, yesterday!” I hear Fiyero’s oh so very charming (sarcasm, what is that?) yell upstairs. Ugh, pancakes. I don’t reallu like pancakes. I’ll eat them if I have to, but it’s not as if I can eat them by the dozen like some people in this house. I look at Lazu, a questionmark written in my face.
    “Do you want pancakes? If so, we should probably go downstairs..” My voice trails off slightly. I really didn’t want to break this comfortable moment, but I do know that I cannot deprive Lazu of food. So I just leave it up to Lazu. Then, suddenly, there’s one hell of a ruckus downstairs. I can hear it here. Not having closed my door might be the cause of that. I don’t hear a lot, just Fiyero screaming. But hey, what’s new?
    “- stick your tongue down some stranger’s throat? Fuck’s sake!” Okay.. Well, thát was something different. What?
    “The hell is happening down there?” I mumble, instinctively closing my arms closer around Lazu once again. Damn, the guy must think I can’t make up my mind about anything. I really do not feel like going downstairs and running straight into a fight. I think I’ve had my fair share of angry people and getting stabbed to death today. I can hear doors slamming and peace seems to have returned after a while. But the need to go downstairs and eat yucky pancakes has diminished to below zero.
    “So.. Pancakes or no?”

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Lazu Jet Markl
    Once I relax, I feel Julian’s arms tighten around me. If he were anyone else, this situation would make me feel trapped and in danger. But it was Julian. Julian was safe, honest and trustworthy. Julian saved my life.
    Once I mutter my apology, I feel his hand trail slowly along my back. The movement utterly takes my breath away. Shivers run through me and every fibre of my being has suddenly been set on fire. It was the strangest, most beautiful sensation. It left me with my heart beating loudly in my own ears and my breathing uneven. My brain is mush, and only one line really comes to mind. All Heaven and Earth are still, though not in sleep, But breathless, as we grow when feeling most.
    "I know, I was there for most of it, remember? You really don't have to apologise for that. At least you've calmed down, that's what matters. So it's all good." Calm down, Lazu, I tell myself. Just relax. You’re acting like an idiot. And what baffled me about that was that it was so different from my earlier freak-outs; because this wasn’t initiated by a stupid act or my quotes. No, I reacted this way because of a touch.
    "Yeah, I like them too,” I hear Julian say after my word-vomit about Disney. “My favourite one is Lilo and Stitch. And the fox and the hound. For various reasons…” His voice trails slowly into silence. There’s something in his dark green eyes that makes me think that there’s a story behind that; something personal, maybe even upsetting. But I don’t ask.
    “I know I said I was leaving... But I'm really comfortable... Sorry...” To my surprise and relief, he doesn’t seem annoyed or bothered. Instead, a smile appears on his face and he chuckles.
    "Well, you are very welcome to stay right here. Can’t have you be uncomfortable, now can I.” I get pulled closer and I’m pretty sure I’m blushing. I can’t deny that I’m glad to be friends with Julian now. It feels good, safe; electrifying and strangely reckless at the same time.
    "Get your tiny asses down here, eh! And hurry or you’ll have no pancakes! And we got them for you, assholes, so you better get down here like, yesterday!”
    The loud voice interrupts the moment and makes me jump a few inches into the air – although it feels more like a few feet. We look at each other, our eyes meeting at the same time. I read the question in the dark green depths and get distracted by the shimmering hint of brown.
    “Do you want pancakes? If so, we should probably go downstairs...” Again, his voice slowly trails off into silence. I notice he does that quite a lot. The sound of screaming travels up the stairs and reaches us, causing me to freeze in Julian’s arm. The loudness of it alarms me; scares me. Why would they be screaming? Was there danger? Was there a hunter nearby?
    “The hell is happening down there?” I hear Julian mumble. His arms close tighter around me, a safe haven in the middle of chaos and fear.
    “The emotions that good hunters need to cultivate are love and service more than courage. The sentiments of the hunt then become translated into art,” I whisper, my Lapis Lazuli heart beating loudly in my chest. As if it knows that its- my lifespan is numbered. Doors slam and an eerie silence is left in its wake.
    “So.. Pancakes or no?”
    I look up at Julian, surprise clear in my eyes. After all that alarming noise, he still wants to go downstairs and eat pancakes? But judging by the look in his eyes, he’s not a fan of the idea. So I shake my head.
    “The laziest man I ever met put popcorn in his pancakes so they would turn over by themselves,” I murmur, my eyes flitting across the room. There’s only two ways out; the door, leading to the hallway and the window. And we were on the second floor, so I would probably break an ankle if I jumped out. I shiver and press myself against Julian. I don’t think about the action. I just automatically press my face into the little corner between his neck and shoulder and grab the back of his shirt. I’m trembling and my mind is running away from me. Pure fear, terror takes me over. I can feel the cold metal of the knife cut into my chest; I can feel Jaz’s nails digging into my skin and nightmarish scenes start to appear before my eyes. Fire, masked figured that move slowly through the smoke, terrible screaming…
    “I can't tell if a straw ever saved a drowning man, but I know that a mere glance is enough to make despair pause. For in truth we who are creatures of impulse are cr-creatures of de-despair.” I choke up at the end. Terror is clear in my voice as I slowly fall apart. Only the sweet smell of Julian’s soft skin and the warmth that he provides keep me from completely breaking down.
    It takes a few minutes before the strange flashbacks pass. A few tears have escaped me and, instead of rolling down my cheeks, have landed on Julian’s skin instead. I wipe them away, my hand shaking and smile apologetically.
    “A-apologies… Re-Reality continues to ru-ruin my life.” My voice still shakes, and embarrassment floods through me. I hate breaking down. Julian has already seen so much more of me than others have. Somehow, I’m afraid that I’ll do something to drive him away. I don’t want to end this strange and fragile new friendship so quickly.
    “I-I don’t want to go downstairs,” I manage to whisper. My hands are still fists; the fabric of his shirt is still caged between my fingers. “a-And I’m not hungry.”

Welcome to Night Vale. All Hail the Glow Cloud. All Hail Perfect, Beautiful Carlos.

Julian

When Fiyero’s voice first interrupted us, Lazu jumped a few inches into the air. Something which sends a soft laugh across my lips. It’s cute how easily he gets taken aback by some things. The moment the screaming rings through the house, he completely freezes though. I can feel it clearly and it makes my mouth run dry. Pulling him closer was the right thing to do at that moment. He slowly shakes his head at the pancake question. There was surprise in his eyes and I know, somehow, it’s because he can’t understand how I could even suggest going downstairs while we just heard that ruckus.
          “The laziest man I ever met put popcorn in his pancakes so they would turn over by themselves.” His eyes flit across the room, resting on the ways out for the smallest moment. Lazu feels like he’s in danger and wants to know how he could get out of here, should there really be trouble. I can feel him shiver in my arms as he presses his body even closer to mind. My heart lurches the moment his face is pressed against the nape of my neck. The trembling of his body isn’t making my heart feel any lighter and I try to swallow that strange lump in my throat. I feel strangely sick and realise it’s because of Lazu’s fear I’m feeling this way. I absolutely hate him being afraid. Flashes of this afternoon come back to me and I notice that the fear coursing through his body seems to highly resemble the fear I saw on his face when I pulled him out of that bathroom.
          My arms tighten around his body protectively. Without even thinking about it, I lift one of my hand to softly stroke his hair. I know the movement belongs in my childhood, a vague reminder of my mother. Just one of those things I don’t particularly care to think about.
          ”I can't tell if a straw ever saved a drowning man, but I know that a mere glance is enough to make despair pause. For in truth we who are creatures of impulse are cr-creatures of de-despair.” He sounds utterly terrified and it ignites something within me. I am angry, I realise a bit startled. Angry at the ones screaming and yelling while I just calmed Lazu down. The ones that send him into this fit of terror. It makes me want to storm downstairs and throw a small fit of my own. Tell everyone what bloody idiots they are. But I refrain from doing that. Somehow I think it would only make this situation worse. Besides, it would mean I’d have to leave Lazu alone.
          I take a deep breath and try to calm myself down. I should be glad there’s no hunter or anything. I wouldn’t be able to do anything. I can feel the muscles in my other arm starting to tremble as I curl my fingers into a fist. I don’t like this feeling. I feel helpless and I know that even if there would be serious trouble, all I could do was throw some random coffee at them. And not even that, seeing how we’re in my room, so I’d have to resort to clocks.
          I can feel Lazu’s tears on my neck. I don’t mind. The moment I feel his hand wipe them away, I can feel a small shiver running down my spine. Goosebumps lightly cover my skin and I hate myself for allowing this to happen. Lazu’s scared to death, I shouldn’t be getting goosebumps because of silly things like this.
    “A-apologies… Re-Reality continues to ru-ruin my life.” His voice is shaky and I kind of feel like my heart is slowly being torn apart. Something about Lazu is just so.. endearing and it makes it hard nót to care for him. Not to get attached. I shouldn’t get attached. But I realise, and miserably so, that I don’t have a choice in the matter. None at all. Because I already got attached. This is what happens to me. People open up to me, I see something I like or can relate to and Iget attached. And getting attached to people only means they have the opportunity to hurt you. Not even that, it grants others the opportunity to hurt you where it matters most. When I get attached to people, it often ends badly. For them. Because of me. Oh god Julian, don’t get angsty. Get your act together, toughen up, calm Lazu down and stop thinkingabout petty things like that.
    “I-I don’t want to go downstairs. A-And I’m not hungry.” I can feel him pulling at my shirt still. But that’s alright, I don’t care.
    “Don’t apologise Lazu. I get it, I do. It’ll be alright. And we don’t have to go downstairs, not at all. Well, except if Raisa comes storming upstairs and forces us to, but I highly doubt that’ll happen anytime soon. We’ll go when you’re calm and when you feel like we should. Besides, I’m not hungry either. The whole coffee thing kind of left me feeling nauseous..” I smile a little, but it’s probably not too convincing. I am nauseous though, but that’s more because of the nerves coursing through my system. I want to make him feel better so badly, but every single time I seem to succeed, something else happens. So I just clutch onto him tighter, kind of like I am clutching onto my sanity, and continue stroking his hair. My own tick acts up again and I softly hum a Disney song. I don’t even consider using my stone to calm Lazu down. I’d rather do it the old fashioned way. Even though I am probably making a complete and utter fool off myself.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Raisa
    I watch worriedly as Lev opens his mouth to reply to me, and then collapses to the floor making choking noises. Only then do I remember our empathic bond. When we seeing each other frequently, I took it for granted. But now… I realize that my emotions were choking him, and I move closer to him, tears burning my eyes.
    “Fiyero is angry with you…” I whispered. “He said you were molesting Bella, but I know you wouldn’t…” That’s what confused me so much about it… I knew that my cousin was basically incapable of harming a woman, especially one so young and innocent as Bella. It went against his basic nature. And as much as I wanted to, I couldn’t talk to Lev about the feeling I have about Fiyero’s upcoming death. Not yet. Later maybe, when the kids were all asleep. I’d say in bed, but Bella only slept in her room when the weather was absolutely crap. I’m sure that, even with the argument between him and Fiyero, Lev would be able to help me think of something that’ll help me. He was always good like that.
    Then Bella came in, and I lightly touched her touch with some whipped cream from one of my pancakes. She asked what was wrong – understandably, since our guest was now choking on the floor – but I couldn’t reply to her. I opened my mouth so, and suddenly her whole stance changed. Her skirt dropped from across her arm, and I could see her tense up. She was having a flash back again. There was nothing I could do for her, not until she snapped out of it. Touching her, would just result in me being thrown over her shoulder. Even as a child, she’s always been crazily strong for her age. I noticed the blood, and I bit my lip. There was nothing I could do, which made me feel even worse, which wasn’t helping Lev at all. So I closed my eyes, took a few deep, calming breaths, and forced all of my emotions and fears away. Only then did I open them, to find Bella rocking on the floor screaming. It almost killed me inside, but I had to keep myself emotionally blank. Finally, she stopped screaming. And when she looked up, I smiled at her reassuringly. Then I held out a couple of plates with pancakes on.
    “Would you mind bringing these up for your brothers?” I suggest softly. It’ll give her time to calm down, and change again.

Bella
    Fiyero’s response had hurt me a lot, but I understood why he reacted like that. I must have really hurt him, to make him suddenly act so cold to me. I’d have to try double hard to make sure he knew I love him. I blink startled when I saw Lev on his knees infront of Raisa, looking in a lot of pain. Raisa smiled at me, and touched my nose with whipped cream.
    “What’s wrong with Lev?” I ask my mother worriedly, looking at him. Seeing him like that reminded me vividly of when my father was shot in front of me, and I held onto myself tightly, my nails digging into the soft flesh of my sides. I wasn’t aware of the blood trickling from my side. My breathing was coming in sharp, short gasps. I couldn’t see or feel anything from the kitchen – the flashback was so strong, and intense, and all I could hear was the gunshots, my mother screaming and the sound of my fathers life-blood bubbling and oozing out all over me. All I could feel was hot sticky fluid covering me, and a cold breeze whipping my hair over my face. I find myself collapsing onto the floor, screaming at the top of my lungs. When my hands finally came away from my waist, they went to my face, smearing my blood over my cheeks and forehead, and cutting into the soft tissue around my eyes. My stupid, cursed, ever-changing eyes.
    When I slowly came around, I found myself rocking on the kitchen floor with my hands over my face. I slowly pull them away, and I look at my hands in horror. There was blood on them. I look up, and sigh in relief when I see that there is no blood on Raisa or Lev. Then I get up shakily, noticing that there was blood on Lev’s hoody, and decide that I should really cut my nails soon.
    “Would you mind bringing these up for your brothers?” Raisa asks, and I smile in relief. I stood up shakily, and took them. I walked upstairs, and found my brothers in Julian’s room, and offered the plate with a hesitant smile.
    “Pancakes? Who ordered the ones with the side of blood? Oh wait, that’s mine.” I cracked a weak hesitant smile, and put the pancakes down on the table, nudging something off the table. Then I notice how tense Lazu looks, and offer them an apologetic look. “About the screaming and yelling…. Raisa brought her cousin home to look after us.” I decided to try and put a good word in with my two more logical brothers. “And… He kissed me, because he kinda got lost in a moment while we were dancing. Fiyero yelled at him, yelled at me… And then I uh…” I hated to expose my weaknesses to others, but I had to explain why there was blood on my hands, face and waist. “I had a flashback.” I clenched my fists and looked down. “I uh… I should go.” I just realized that they were hugging, and gave them a thumbs up. And quickly went to my own room, and put on another skirt. This one wasn’t as long, but it brushed past my knees, so that was all good.
    And then, I went back to the kitchen.

Lazu Jet Markl
          The only thing I notice during my freak-out is the way Julian’s arms tighten around me. They’re like a protective barrier, my shield. His hand strokes through my hair, gentle and steady. It makes me feel warm. The way each finger gentle strokes through the strands of bright blue hair, makes electric currents run through my body and chaotic mind.
    Then, I notice the smallest tremble in his usually steady hand. Maybe it’s the slight glint in his eyes or the way he sets his jaw, but somehow he seems… upset? Sad, maybe? No, it’s not either of those. I can’t put my finger on it, but during my freak-out, if only for a few seconds, something changes.
    But then he takes a deep breath and I expect it to fade away. Instead, as I press my head into the nape of his neck, I feel his muscles tremble and his hand curl into a fist. Anger? It could be. I just feel so bad. Spending time with me could be compared to agreeing to go through an endless emotional rollercoaster. I feel terrible, and for a few minutes, I feel terrified. I do not like to force my companionship onto others. I certainly wouldn’t want to do that to Julian. I really do hope that he’s spending time with me because he wants to. Books don’t have this problem. Books don’t think. They don’t feel. They’re always there for me; the perfect hiding place. My escape, they’re my biggest love. And now here’s Julian, and he actually managed to pull me away from that strange, almost unhealthy obsession. Distracting me, protection me…
    “Don’t apologise Lazu. I get it, I do. It’ll be alright. And we don’t have to go downstairs…” I lose track of his words for a while. I just watch his lips move and create sounds out of thin air. I can hear the tremble of his voice deep within myself, but I can’t hear what he’s saying. Something about his voice was just so soothing and clear. The mere sound of it slowly relaxed me as he babbled.
    “The whole coffee thing kind of left me feeling nauseous...”
    “A loud voice cannot compete with a clear voice, even if it's a whisper,” I answer simply. My voice is steadier now, though it’s not yet back to normal. I give him a watery smile. “Did I ever tell you that your voice is very beautiful, Julian?” I’m dumbfounded, not by myself complimenting Julian, but by the fact that my mind is in a state of chaos, yet I managed to get out a whole sentence, and so very calmly. Of course, thinking about that jinxed it.
    “My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.” My voice shakes again as I close my eyes. Is it bright in here? It seems to be. Julian is nearly clinging onto me now. I’m overwhelmed suddenly by the physical contact. I’ve been in this man’s arms for more than ten minutes. His skin is warm against mine. He’s soft, apart from his hands. The skin on his hands is rough which forms a very strange and contrasting sensation as it goes through my silky hair. My breathing speeds up as I feel his legs pressed against mine. His arms holding me close. A shield? Or a prison?
    “The only real prison is fear, and the only real freedom is freedom from fear.” I whisper the words to myself, keeping my eyes tightly closed. Jesus Christ, Lazu Jet Markl, calm down!
    But yelling at myself doesn’t work. I just feel so overwhelmed and trapped. You can just close a book when things become too much. You can’t close a person. I don’t want Julian closed. But this, this is too much, too fast. I can hear him humming, a familiar song. Slowly but surely, I start humming along. It was the Finale song from Sleeping Beauty. It was one of my favourite pieces of music from that film; gentle, yet quite upbeat and soft and just beautiful.
    “I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream,” I sing softly, swaying ym body to Julian’s soothing humming. To my surprise, once the song is half-way, I’m completely fine. I’m calm. I’m breathing normally.
    “Pancakes? Who ordered the ones with the side of blood? Oh wait, that’s mine.” I look up and see Bella. For the first time ever, the sight of her doesn’t strike me with complete fear. She forces a smile and gives me a strange look. “About the screaming and yelling…. Raisa brought her cousin home to look after us. And… He kissed me, because he kinda got lost in a moment while we were dancing. Fiyero yelled at him, yelled at me… And then I uh… I had a flashback.” She clenches her fists and looks down. “I uh… I should go.” She gives us a thumbs up and leaves. I could tell that the little speech was hard for her.
    “Thank you,” I say, just before she leaves. It’s the first time I don’t sound petrified when addressing her directly. Then I nuzzle back into Julian. The rest of the lyrics roll off my tongue. I sing them in a whisper as I close my eyes.
    “I know you; the gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam. Yes, I know it's true, that visions are seldom all they seem. But if I know you, I know what you'll do. You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream.”
    I hate unfinished songs. So when the last word leaves me lips, I feel perfectly fine.
    “Those pancakes sure smell good,” I say, hunger sneaking up on me.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

The way he runs his hand through his hair is too ridiculous to even describe. Ridiculously hot. Okay stop it, Fiyero! Just stop!
    “I’d rather do something much different to your ass. Mind if I come and join you?”
    At these words, my Gem starts pounding so wildly, I can feel it thrumming in my ears. I panic, and everything inside of me is telling me to either run away from this guy as far away as possible, or to either throw myself into his arms and make him keep that promise. Torn between these two choices, I try to make a move, just to see where it would lead me. Not my smartest idea, I must admit.
    I stumble, feel my feet slipping from underneath me and suddenly there’s vile tasting water in my mouth. I struggle briefly to get back on my feet, but after a few tries my head is safely above the surface again. Completely bewildered I stroke my dripping wet hair out of my face and spit out the water I refuse to swallow. I’m so charming.
    When I open my eyes, Jaimes is only about two feet away from me. And I wish he wasn’t. I wish I didn’t have to fight so hard not to stretch out my hand and run my fingertips over his chest. I wish my breathing wasn’t so shallow and fast. I wish he’d be gone. All day long, I’ve been trying to be alone and it seems like nobody is willing to give me that space. If there is a God, he’s decided to play cruel tricks on me.
    Unconsciously I cup my hands in front of my penis, which is still refusing to back down, despite the ice cold water. How is it that I dislike this guy so much and yet my body is practically aching for him? How does that happen? You’d think I was in some fucking Disney movie or something. Or perhaps a Greek tragedy would fit this situation better.
    “So. I thought our date wasn’t until tomorrow?”
    There’s a lump rising in my throat. This game isn’t funny anymore. He’s mocking me, and why am I taking this crap from him? I owe him nothing. If he wants me to let him take my Gem, he’d better start stepping it up and toning down the attitude, like a lot.
    I shrug, while I’m completely unable to avert my eyes. It’s like he’s hooked his own into mine, and part of me doesn’t even want to stop him. Words mean nothing now, and even if they did, they wouldn’t come to me. I feel empty, and at the same time I think I might explode.
    Before I can stop myself, I take a step closer to him. I’m not sure what I’m trying to accomplish, there’s no gameplan in my head now like there was before.
    I feel so naked in front of Jaimes now, and it’s not because of the lack of clothes. It’s because I have no weapon do defend myself with if necessary.
    With a sigh, I turn my back at Jaimes again. I clench my jaw as many questions start racing through my mind, each one too fast and too loud to be heard over the others.
    “It’s unfair that you get to see me, when I’m staring at your stupid lenses,” I tell Jaimes.
    Huh. That came out a lot more honest than I intended. It’s true though. I’m usually very good at hiding my emotions, concealing my thoughts, but my eyes. They’re my tell. And if he’s going to hide eyes, then so will I.

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

“Fiyero is angry with you… He said you were molesting Bella, but I know you wouldn’t…” Raisa silently tells me.
    I’d laugh at this if I weren’t so occupied with the struggle for air. Yet, even though Raisa has spoken her worries out aloud, her emotions remain just as heavy. If anything, they grow worse as young Bella enters the room.
    “What’s wrong with Lev?” I hear her tiny voice asking.
    Then, before I can wrap my head around what happening, I see Raisa stiffen. I feel her, cutting of my last supply of breath and a loud thud reverberates through the room, followed by a ghastly scream that would turn my hair white if it hadn’t already.
    My heart starts aching, because there’s nothing I wish more now than to console the pained youth, but I’m still immobile. I feel tears welling up in my eyes and every second I feel slightly more lightheaded.
    And then suddenly there’s silence. Complete silence. I lose Raisa, and fall forward. The floor feels ice cold to my stomach and cheek, but I haven’t the strength to get up just yet. I never knew how liberating it felt to be able to just breathe. It’s funny how we take something so vital for granted.
    For one fearful moment, I think I might pass out and stay as still as possible. Slowly my breath starts to even, and my muscles don’t seem so frozen anymore.
    As Bella leaves the room, to bring pancakes up to her brothers, I manage to push myself up and sit on my hands and knees for a while. I take the time I need for getting on my feet, but once I am, I walk up to Raisa immediately and hold her close.
    “This will get sorted out,” I promise her. “I’m sorry for kissing your daughter. Please believe me when I say I’m not going to play any games with her. She… bewitches me, already. But I won’t act on it again, not until I figure out what exactly…”
    My words trail off as the young doll in question re-enters the kitchen, wearing nothing but a shirt. I blink and become bemused with her ankles for a moment. Silently I let my gaze travel up her legs, until it reaches the rim of the fabric. Blushing, I avert my eyes. Mama would slap me on the back of my head, had she seen that. I wouldn’t even blame her.
    “Although it might help me to keep that promise if she wore pants,” I whisper into Raisa’s ear, in Russian. My throat feels a little dry.
    I let go of Raisa, though keep her hand in mine, and all but collapse onto a chair. When I’m sure I’ve my emotions under control, I look up at Bella and softly smile.
    “Do you wish an explanation for what you just beheld?” I ask her, gently squeezing my sister’s hand. She needn’t burden herself with this, I’m probably the one who caused Bella the pain she was in, so I will gladly explain it to her.

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Raisa
    I feel, more then see, Lev fall over when I break our empathic bond. I don’t try to move him – I knew that he needed to stay still for a while, to get his breath back and relax. When Bella leaves the room, he slowly gets up, and walks over and hugs me. Tears burn my eyes, and I wrap my arms around his waist and press my face into the curve of his neck. Just his touch was enough to calm me down. His familiarity was a gift that I treasured, especially in this time of turmoil and uncertainty. He couldn’t have picked a better time to come and visit us.
    “This will get sorted out.” I heard him say softly. “I’m sorry for kissing your daughter. Please believe me when I say I’m not going to play any games with her. She… Bewitches me already. But I won’t act on it again, not until I figure out what exactly….” He trails off, and I look up and see my only daughter, and smiled at her. I watch his face redden, and know that he was looking at her slim legs, and giggled a little to myself. “Although it might help me to keep that promise if she wore pants.” He whispered in Russian, before collapsing on my chair, still holding my hand. I smile, and sneakily eat another bite of my pancakes. I love pancakes, and I could tell from the gentle squeeze of my hand that I wouldn’t be needed to participate in the conversation. Which was a relief – I wasn’t sure I’d be able to explain what happened. Well, I’d have to explain the flash back to Lev, possibly. I knew Bella hated to talk about them – hell, she wouldn’t even complain if she fell over and hurt herself. And I wasn’t even kidding – one time when she was around nine, she fell down the stairs and broke her wrist. She didn’t tell me, and I only noticed when I saw her trying to eat everything one-handed. It took almost an hour of bribing and threatening to get what happened out of her. Then I dragged her to the hospital.
    After a few more minutes, my legs start hurting and I sit on Lev’s lap and rest against him, quietly eating my pancakes.

Bella
    When I came back into the kitchen, Lev was standing up again, and hugging Raisa. I guess I scared them when I started to scream. Then he sat down, still holding Raisa’s hand. I was surprised that a little voice in my head snarled at that. Huh. I knew that Raisa was Lev’s sister, or cousin… So, I knew that there was nothing going on between them. That didn’t stop my head growling at it.
    “Do you wish an explanation for what you beheld?” he asked. I nod slowly, and walk over to also sit on his lap, gently nudging Raisa off. He was mine, even if I wasn’t sure what was happening between us, or my own feelings. I just knew, somewhere inside, that he was mine. And that I was his. And not just because he was my first kiss, or my first crush… It was something else.
    Only when I was back safely against Lev, I realised suddenly that Lazu was able to look at me without appearing to be a rabbit caught in headlights. He was even able to thank me in a normal tone of voice! Hm… Lazu being with Julian, was a little like how I always feel much calmer around Lev. That means, that two of my brothers were dating each other! Wow I’m glad that we aren’t actually related – otherwise this will be very wrong. It was cute though. I approved, and silently shipped them.

Jaimes Avril Ashley
    I am not ashamed to say that I kind of lost my shit when Jack fell over. At first he just seems kind of speechless. Then he makes a very sudden movement, loses his balance and falls over into the water. His pretty head disappears under water. I can’t help myself and I start laughing. The view was just priceless. His head appears again and he spits out water.
    It leaves me conflicted, because I don’t know which inappropriate joke to use. ‘I knew you were going to fall for me’ or ‘Good to know that you spit and not swallow’. Then again, the thought of both jokes don’t help my situation one bit. I’ve not laughed like this in quite a long time. It’s weird, because I always have this effect on men. The falling over, the shallow and fast breathing, the obvious boner which he’s trying to hide behind his hands… It’s nothing new. So why is this so much more fun?
    I shake my head to try and chase away the last of the giggles. I know; I’m absolutely adorable. And I’m cute, and also really handsome. There are tears of laughter in my eyes and they’re not helping my situation with the contacts. They need to get out of my eyes, before they cause an infection. I had that once before and let me tell you, it is not pretty. Yet, I need to get away from Jack before I can do that.
    When I ask about our date, there’s a slight look of confusion about him. I’m not very good at reading the emotions that flit through his ice blue eyes, and I don’t like it. It makes him mysterious. And I admit it’s really hot. But it still bothers me. I chew my lip and wait for an answer. The forest around us is anything but silent. I hear the wind rustling through the trees; the water rushing from the stream into the lake and birds chirping. All the corny forest sounds were there. Yet, I can hear them slowly fade away as we stare into each other’s eyes. I barely notice his shrug, or the way he steps closer. The moment suddenly feels so serious and loaded; it kind of disturbs me.
    Then he very suddenly turns away, breaking eye contact.
    “It’s unfair that you get to see me, when I’m staring at your stupid lenses.” I blink, taken by surprise. His question annoys me, because for a moment I’m left speechless. What am I to say to that? I never take my lenses out when I’m around people. I have my father’s eyes; those cruel orbs of light green haunt me even now. Somehow, showing my eyes to someone would be like… opening up to them. And what use do I have for that?
    I clack my tongue disapprovingly and step closer. You want to turn your back on me? Fine, have it your way, sexy. I wrap my arms around his waist and pull him against me. I can feel his (very nice) ass against my crotch and the soft skin of his stomach under my fingertips.
    “That’s okay…” I nip his earlobe with my teeth playfully before he can pull away, making my voice low and seductive. I’ve had plenty of practice. With some people, it’s the only way to get close enough to stab them.
    “Eye contact isn’t essential while I slowly fuck you until you beg for mercy.” Really, I’m half-appalled by some of the stuff that comes out of this mouth. Briefly I reflect on how innocent I was before I found out about the Gem-hearts. Everything was simple. I was ten years old. And now, more than twelve years later, I’m standing almost naked in a lake with a hot and horny stranger. Oh, and incidentally, I also want to rip out his heart. I chuckle softly. Enough of that self-pity, J. focus on the hot piece of ass in your arms.

Alvaro Ruiz.

I’m not one to easily use the word hate, so I will merely say I sorely dislike Blake. From the way she practically invites herself in to the way she just keeps yapping without ever giving me a proper chance to give her an answer. This means quite a lot, since I’m not quickly irked. I wish she would just shut up, she’s not even giving me enough time to mumble a spell that would let me zip her mouth for her. And she is.touching.my.things. I might not be a material person, but I do fervently hate sticky fingers, or if my stuff is put back in the wrong place.
    “Oh wow, look at this, so you do have people you care about. Say what, do they come around a lot or were they already taken away by Warlocks? Well, I hope they were, cuz it serves you well.”
    At this I decide I’ve had enough of her ridiculous rant and that I’m going to put a cork in that pretty little puckered mouth of hers. In one slick movement, I’ve trapped her body between my own shirtless frame and the wall.
    “Are you done now, dear Blake?” I ask her, with a mellifluous voice. “Because you can think of me what you will, but do not for one second believe that your bitter little opinion will keep me awake at night. Surprise you as it may, there are people who care for me. In fact, it appears I even have more than you do. At least my mum loved me enough to keep herself sober!”
    I bare my teeth at her, she chose the wrong day to trifle with me. I’ve heard of another murder, and still I have no idea who the other Warlocks are. And even though I will not inform her of this, the only reason I keep Blake around is in the hopes of her meeting another Hunter, which would lead me closer to another Warlock. Little does Blake know I’m on the good side, little does she know I’ve bewitched the same amulet that lets her recognize the Gem children to sabotage her from hurting them. Always be one step ahead of them, my father taught me. I sigh dramatically and gently run my fingers through Blake’s hair. I do hate it when she gets me irked.
    “And you would make it a lot easier for me to actually perform some of “ye olde magick” if you found me some Gems, now wouldn’t it?” I slowly bring my face closer to her neck, only to stop a few inches from it and step away from her just as quickly. “Go take a shower, you smell like a sewer. There’s towels in the cupboard under the sink.” I turn around and stare at the pictures she had been mocking just moments ago. I do miss my family. Being alone gets… lonely, after a while.

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.

Whew, guys, you're English is amazing, lol, I'm sorry I'm not as good as you :') I have to look up quite some words you use, like "mellifluous". It sounds great though, but I didn't know what it meant. Well, I tried my best and I can say it's already pretty educational, to write and read in English I mean, that is (:

Blake Skyler
    I gasped as I suddenly was trapped between the wall and Alvaro, who was still shirtless. Really, did that arrogant bastard somehow enjoy people looking at his bare chest? I guess he did. "Are you done now, dear Blake?" he said with I voice I didn't know he could pull of. I wanted to hiss something at him, but he didn't give me a chance as he continued talking. His words made me so angry I wanted to punch his pretty face and, to be honest, I was pretty good at throwing some first-class punches. It wouldn't be the first time I gave someone a nosebleed. My fingers were already curled so that they formed into a fist, ready for action. Still, something in the back of my head yelled at me that I couldn't punch him, even though he deserved it.
    "It appears I even have more than you do. At least my mum loved me enough to keep herself sober!” Man, did his words hurt. I refused to think that such a creature, such a monster, had more people who cared for him than I did. "You're an asshole," I muttered instead with the fierce gaze full hatred I always had around him. It was the only safe way to show my disapproval. It didn't do much, since he ran his fingers through my hair after sighing dramatically. "And you would make it a lot easier for me to actually perform some of “ye olde magick” if you found me some Gems, now wouldn’t it?" He must love to chastise me, I thought bitterly. He suddenly moved closer, which resulted in me holding my breath for an instant. I didn't like people invading my personal space, and worse was that hé, of all people, came so damn close. He didn't have the right to do it and darn, I could even smell him which I hated even more. Suddenly, as quick as pinched me against the wall he was gone. "Go take a shower, you smell like a sewer. There’s towels in the cupboard under the sink," he demanded. Excuse me, since when did he also have the right to insult me? I didn't smell like a sewer, did I? "Well, I didn't come here to smell like flowers, only for your sake." I stepped away from the wall I was still standing against to a few moments ago. I hesitated for a moment and then left the room, mumbling that he really wás awful. I've already taken a shower that morning, but I didn't want to give him another reason to chastise me again. I've always wonderder what I disliked more. Getting myself in trouble because I didn't do as he said, or playing his stupid puppet while he pulled the strings.
    It was easy to find his bathroom and as soon as I was in I closed the door. I undressed myself, throwing my clothes on the ground and stepped into the shower. When I washed myself and carefully avoided my facing, not wanting to smudge the make-up. I took a quick shower and soon I was getting dressed again. The towel I used was now laying in the bathtub, Alvaro could take care of that. A quick look in the mirror made me take the towel again and whipe away the mascara that still managed to get beneath my eyes. I didn't boter the black smudge on the towel and put it back in the bathtub. He wanted me to take a shower, then he also had to deal with the consequences, in the form of not being able to get the towel with mascara on it perfectly clean again.
    With my hair still damp I walked downstairs, looking for Alvaro. "Hey Alvaro! If you make me something to eat, I try harder to find a gemchild tomorrow." It was at least worth a try and I didn't think he would get mad about it, even if he didn't want to. "Oh, and if it's good, I might also consider forgiving you for the horrible things you said today," I added dryly. Before I came here I had decided it would be a quick visit, but I was hungry as hell, like I hadn't eaten in weeks. It was pretty late, but I ate more than you would expect of someone as petite as I was. I loved food, but most of the time I didn't have enough money or time for a good meal, so I would never let an oppurtunity to eat slip.
    "Oh, I see you've finally found a shirt," I said when I found him in the living room. "And I didn't know you were into girly shampoo and showergel, but I'm glad you do, since I don't like smelling all manly." I felt something tickly my neck and realized it was a waterdrop that has escaped my hair. She brushed it away with her hand and waited for Alvaro to say something insulting again, which he probably would.

[ bericht aangepast op 20 aug 2013 - 18:54 ]

In the end the only person we love is ourselves, that's why we choose to love someone who can please us the most.

Lev Ivor Tsiskaridze

I gently, genuinely, smile as my beloved sister sits herself down on my lap. I know she is in reality only a far removed cousin, but she has never felt as such. Ever since we were children, we’ve been very close and although it has not always been possible to be near each other, never once have we lost contact for a longer period of time.
    Subtly I take a bite of her pancake. The sweet taste en the way this lovely food just melts on my tongue calm me down a bit. Perhaps it’s behaviour like this to make others suspect we are lovers. I do remember quite a few occasions where this particular question has been posed to us. The truth is that I do love Raisa, but never would I want her to be my partner and I know she feels exactly the same. She really is my third sister, she only happens to have an entirely different pair of parents. As she leans against me, I put the hand that had been holding hers before around her waist, to keep her steady and close.
    Meanwhile Bella has nodded, indicating that she would indeed like me to tell her what’s happened in front of her just a while ago. My smile broadens as she too, comes to seek my affection, by using my other leg as her very own chair. And even though I have known her only this shortly, I don’t mind that she has claimed that spot. She fits so snuggly there, that one would almost assume she was made to sit there. I notice the small, yet almost completely hidden, grin on the face of my little doll and wonder what is occupying her mind right now. I must remember to ask her later.
    Only now do I notice that young Bella has been trying to work Raisa off my lap, so she could have the entire space to herself. I do my very best not to laugh at this, because it’s very important to me that she pays respect to her mother. Shoving her in any kind of way is not categorised under “respect” for me and I shall make that clear to this, although I must admit rather cute, youth.
    I seek her gaze, and hold it intently, as I slowly shake my head whilst pulling Raisa back. She will have much time to sit on my lap by herself, if she would desire so, but right now she’ll have to learn to share. I will not push back one family member for another.
    “No, Kukla,” I softly tell her, before kissing her forehead to let her know that this has not maddened me, yet I would not like her doing this again.
    I scrape my throat, before speaking. The lack of air has left my voice a little hoarse and it causes a very itchy feeling. Yet I know water would not help it. It shall pass in few days at most, so I shall just grin and bear it.
    “Your mother and I,” I start explaining. “as all Warlocks related in any way; be it by blood or law, have a connection. This is not merely the kind of sympathy you and I feel towards each other, or even the kind of bond you share with your mother. When either of us is experiencing very deep and heavy emotions, one could say this opens a portal into the other’s body and mind, through which these feelings will pass to the other. Usually some sort of reversion happens, why this is we do not know. So earlier, your mother was feeling so much emotional pain that it blocked her, and this reversed into me being blocked physically, that is to say; my airways. Now, if I were to be in the same room as your mother when getting physically tortured, it might make her weep with my emotional strain of it. But before you worry, my Kukla, please realise that this connection is not always open and that it will not always be as…drastic as what you have just seen. And as for your mother, she is quite fine now, but be kind to her.
    I give each of the women a small peck on the cheek and sigh happily. Things will be alright soon.

Fiyero Gabriel Arch

I shudder, as Jaimes clacks his tong. The sound just drips with disapproval and this stirs the ever so familiar annoyance in me. Just as I’m about to tell him that I don’t care whether he likes me telling him off or not, I feel his arms slipping around my waist and the only sound to cross my lips is a gasp from deep within me. For the second time today, he’s rendered me speechless. And I hope he’s not going to make a habit out of it because I know it will only boost his already way too big ego.
    Yet I can’t imagine myself being anywhere else but here, in his arms with his fingertips caressing my stomach.
    “That’s okay…” he says, his voice sounding like velvet, before nipping my earlobe. Much to my own dismay, I hear myself quietly moaning. It’s not his voice, it’s not his touch. It’s everything. He pulls me in and the greater part of me doesn’t even want to stop him. I whimper when my cock grows even harder. It’s hurting now. I try to push Jaimes away, using my own body for it, and then realise this has only resulted in me pressing my ass against his crotch. I can feel him, the size of him, through his underwear and again curse myself for groaning.
    I imagine this is how a stallion must feel the moment he’s broken in, how his knees buckle, how he accepts that what’s going to happen to him from now on is really going to happen and that he hasn’t the strength to hold it off anymore. He accepts that he is going to be… ridden, and that some part of him might even enjoy it.
    I close my eyes, swallow and carefully run my hands over Jaimes’ arms. They feel warm, despite the cold water and the difference in temperature makes me shiver again.
    “Eye contact isn’t essential while I slowly fuck you until you beg for mercy.”
    All of a sudden, it feels as if a whip has been brought out. And it infuriates the stallion, making him catch his second wind. He will not be mercilessly enslaved like this.
    I dig my nails into Jaimes’ arms with fervour, hoping it hurts like hell, before I turn around and watch him with a rekindled fire in my eyes. His face is only inches from mine now, but I couldn’t feel any more removed from him.
    “I wouldn’t beg you for my life, I will not beg you for anything else either!” I snap at him. “I’d rather die than give you that satisfaction! And don’t you even try to deny it, because the fact that you were poking me with that little stick of yours only seconds ago proves you need a fuck much more than I do.” Lie. That was a blatant lie, both the part where I called his penis a little stick as the part where I pretended not to want this as much as he does. “And we both know I’m strong enough to keep fighting you off!” Possibility. Yes, plausible possibility.
    My aggravated word-spouting has left me a bit breathless. And now that I’ve gotten the annoyance off my chest, only one other feeling is left. It frightens me like few other things.
    Without any further thinking, I grab Jaimes’ head in my hands and violently slam my mouth into his, biting his lower lip with more force than should be used between lovers. Good thing love has nothing to do with this.

Jaimes Avril Ashley
    I can feel Jack shivering under my touch. At the moment, I’m in complete control. And partially, that disappoints me. Would he really be that easy to break? I hear his moans when my teeth nip at his soft skin. I feel an irrational anger swirl through the haze of lust that seems to be brewing in both of us. I shouldn’t be reacting the same way he is. His ass presses against my boner, pulling a soft moan from my lips. I can’t seem to concentrate on the game. I should be planning my next move instead of wanting to remove what little fabric was still clinging between us. His fingertips run over the skin of my arms, slowly setting me on fire.
    But then I speak and the moment changes.
    He tenses in my arms, as if I’ve hit him in the face. I grin slowly. Now this is more like it. His nails dig into my skin, almost pulling blood and sending a strong and torturous wave of pleasure right to my groin. When he faces me, he is only inches away from my face. His stormy grey eyes are burning with anger. The game is on.
    “I wouldn’t beg you for my life; I will not beg you for anything else either! I’d rather die than give you that satisfaction! And don’t you even try to deny it, because the facts that you were poking me with that little stick of yours only seconds ago proves you need a fuck much more than I do.”
    A sarcastic laugh leaves my lips as I scratch my fingernails up his spine.
    “You didn’t seem to think it was that little earlier,” I interject, my voice nothing more than a challenging purr.
    “And we both know I’m strong enough to keep fighting you off!” His rant has left him breathless. Okay, there’s no denying that he looks really hot when he’s angry. Water is still dripping off him, his chest is heaving and his cheeks are pink. It’s barely noticeable thanks to his pale skin, but it’s there. I’m about to give him some sort of witty retort when his lips crash into mine and I stop thinking. I press myself against him, moaning when his sharp teeth roughly bite into my lower lip. I groan when the painful wave of lust and pleasure sets every inch of my body on fire. My nails dig into the soft flesh on his very fucking nice ass.
    My head is spinning and in a moment of sudden clarity I realise that I completely lost control. Jack has more effect on me than I’d like to admit. Then again, I can tell that, despite his rant about fighting me off, he’s conflicted. His not so little friend certainly wants me quite badly.
    So fuck that moment of clarity. I could use some fun every once in a while. That’s how I’ll justify this. So I kiss him as roughly and demandingly as possible while both sets of my fingernails scratch over his broad back. The roughness of every touch takes away most of my ability to breathe normally and makes my head spin.
    “You’re not doing much ‘fighting off’,” I manage to whisper. My voice is nearly unrecognizable to me. Despite still sounding as beautiful and seductive as I normally do, I sound lustful and... almost playful. And if it weren’t for our situation, it would have bothered me. Hell, it will probably bother me later on.
    “But don’t worry, ‘Fi’...” My lips find their way to the tender skin of his neck, leaving blood-stained kisses and gentle bites in their wake. “I like it when my prey struggles.”