• This topic is especially to talk English with other Quizletters. Other languages than English are forbidden.

In dit topic mag je enkel Engels praten, tenzij je een woordje niet weet. Andere talen zijn verboden. Hou rekening dat niet iedereen zo goed is in Engels. Je mag een ander op zijn fouten wijzen, maar doe dit dan op een respectvolle manier.

But I still have this faith in the truth of my dreams.

Alter schreef:
    (...)
    I noticed that too. :') I thought it was funny. But that could be 'cause I have weird humor.

If that's weird, my sense of humor is... tooooooo weird ^^

[ bericht aangepast op 10 nov 2013 - 13:24 ]

Even as we grieved, we grew; even as we hurt, we hoped; even as we tired, we tried

I went to Jersey Boys yesterday :3

Aravis schreef:
    (...)

Don't you have free in the Netherlands at 11/11?

I'm from Belgium (:
    But no, they don't have 11/11 in the Netherlands. They weren't captured in the first world war, so they don't attach to the end of the war.

Normality is a paved road: it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it.

Tuala schreef:
    (...)
    I'm from Belgium (:
    But no, they don't have 11/11 in the Netherlands. They weren't captured in the first world war, so they don't attach to the end of the war.

Lucky you then, poor you know :P

Even as we grieved, we grew; even as we hurt, we hoped; even as we tired, we tried

Aravis schreef:
    (...)

Armistice is some "holiday" to celebrate the day 11/11/1918, when WW1 was over. It's by chance it's on a Monday this year. We, in Belgium, haven't got school on that day (and you mustn't go to work either, as grown up)

Oh :) So, it's like our Remembrance Day? Only we still have to do our usual shit, as long as we're quiet for two minutes at 11am :')

Having a birthday holiday to the Netherlands <3 So excited!! <3

Finley schreef:
    (...)

Oh :) So, it's like our Remembrance Day? Only we still have to do our usual shit, as long as we're quiet for two minutes at 11am :')

I think so, the exception is that we have free for a whole day that day and you haven't ^^ Poor you ^^ But armistice is just a translation. It's not only that day, it's always when both "parties" agree to stop the war. We just call it "wapenstilstand" here. If you should translate it to the letter, it would be "weapon cessation"

[ bericht aangepast op 10 nov 2013 - 17:57 ]

Yes, it is exactly like our Remembrance Day. I'm not from Belgium, but I know the British celebrate it too. Around a week before the 11th of November, suddenly everyone on the BBC wears a 'poppy' like this one

These poppies are symbol for those who have fallen in the First World War. On the fields of no-man's land, where the soldiers died, there grew these poppies. That is why, if you should turn on the BBC news today, everyone wears one of these. I'm wearing mine too today ^^ (You can get them from Waterstones in Amsterdam)

O, none, unless this miracle have might, That in black ink my love may still shine bright. ~William Shakespeare

Hello. Glad to see I can still get my daily dose of English when my teacher's ill..
    Not as if I pay attention in class anyway, but still.

You oughta know

I changed my naaahaaame and I'm haaaaappy with it :3

Does this topic still live? :x

:)

Yes, if I'm here, it lives c:
    Hi everyone! Today's my birthday.

Some people are art and do art at the same time

Happy birthday! (:
    Did you have a nice day?

Hmm yeah. With my friends, I bought nice boots and a pretty coat for if it's winter c:

Some people are art and do art at the same time

That's nice. c:
    Argh, it's so cold here.

Givens schreef:
    That's nice. c:
    Argh, it's so cold here.

It’s really cold ;c.
    Ah, I need to buy my mother, father and sister Christmas presents but I don’t know what to buy. Lifestruggles.