• Hogwarts Life

This RPG is written fully in English. If you ‘re doubting about your entry here, please don’t. It can be very disturbing for you ánd for others if they have to keep correcting you. I’d also say that I ask for more experienced roleplayers, but if you think you can do it, you’re welcome.

Hogwarts Life

Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts,
    Teach us something please,
    Whether we be old and bald,
    Or young with scabby knees,
    Our heads could do with filling,
    With some interesting stuff,
    For now they're bare and full of air,
    Dead flies and bits of fluff,
    So teach us things worth knowing,
    Bring back what we've forgot,
    Just do your best, we'll do the rest,
    And learn until our brains all rot.

Welcome to Hogwarts, the Magical school for witchcraft and wizardry.

Rules:
    - If you get in a fight with another player, don’t start fighting in the RPG.
    - If you talk Out of Character, put it in between brackets: {} [] ().
    - ONLY ENGLISH, even when out of Character.
    - Don’t get mad if someone corrects you, they’re just helping you!
    - 16+ is allowed, no exceptions really, but don’t start on the first page of the first topic. Keep it a bit realistic (As far as that is possible, saying it’s a RPG about a wizard-school).
    - I ask for some experience.
    - At least 6/7 sentences. It’s not really that much, you can always describe the scenery, your feelings, etc. Again: it’s not that much.
    - No Mary Sue’s, that’s bloody annoying.
    - Do not play with other characters except for your own. Again: Bloody annoying.
    - 2 characters max.
    - Reservations last for 2 days.
    - Please try to post AT LEAST once per two days.

Tips:
    - There’s a difference between ‘your’ and ‘you’re’.
    - ‘I’ (Als in het Nederlandse ‘Ik’) is ALWAYS written with a capital letter. Please notice that.
    - Watch grammar and interpunction.
    - …

I’m starting off with 5 students each house. I know Gryffindor and Slytherin are the most popular, but please try to mix it a bit.

Characters:
    Gryffindor
    - Isabel Arianna Jones - Keeper|Captain By Kwijt
    - Nora Destry Livingstone By LexLover
    - Scarletta Shantelle Salazana - Seeker By GhostCider
    -
    -
    Slytherin
    - Ashley 'Ash' Felice Delacroix By Macabre
    - Dreven Malum By WillNotLearn
    -Cheryl Luna Parker - Chaser By Arriver
    - Ray McDumble - Seeker By BigFatLiar
    -
    Ravenclaw
    - Yasmin Valerie Troge - Chaser By Naturawolf
    - Nathan Andrew Matthews - Chaser By Seaver
    - Charlotte Tara Vosper - Chaser|Captain By Magicals
    -
    -
    Hufflepuff
    - Elizabeth "Beth" Clavet By Mundane
    -
    -
    -
    -

Headmaster
    - Reservation by Kwijt
    Teacher
    - Jeffrey Keegan Anderson - Transfiguration By Seaver
    - Steven Malum - Defense against the Dark Arts Head of the Slytherin House By WillNotLearn
    -

Character Description:
    Student/Teacher/Etc:
    Full Name:
    Blood-status:
    House:
    Patronus:
    Appearance (It’s nice if you have a picture, but it isn’t necessary):
    Inner:
    Year:
    Pet:
    Favourite Subject:
    Worst Subject:
    Extra (Quidditch team member, past, etc.):

[ bericht aangepast op 13 mei 2013 - 13:14 ]

Tijd voor koffie.

Seaver schreef:
    Could you just point out the mistakes I made? I'd like to know what I did wrong, so I won't make the same mistake over and over (or try to not make the same mistake over and over). Just so I can improve my English?

Okay, I'll take a look!

Tijd voor koffie.

Seaver schreef:
    Character Description:
    Student/Teacher/Etc: Student
    Full Name: Nathan Andrew Matthews
    Wand: His wand is 12 and a half inches , it’s slightly springy and is made of Larch wood and its core is dragon heartstring.
    Blood-status: pureblood
    House: Ravenclaw
    Patronus: Lynx

Nathan has got light brown hair, which always looks a bit messy due to the fact that he doesn’t really do anything with it. He’s a normal length for his age, since he’s 5’8. His eyes are light blue.
    His animagus:

Inner: Nathan is really weird. He loves to study and does this a lot. He also can get along with pretty much everybody, as long as they’re not arrogant. He likes going outside, even if it rains. He even prefers rain to sun. He even likes rain better than sun/he even prefers rain over sunHe even prefers rain to sun. He's/is a smart boy, but often doesn’t overthink things before doing them. That’s why he gets in trouble from time to time. He spends most of his time in the library and reads a lot. He doesn’t really care about whether people like him or not.
    Year: 4
    Pet: He brought a cat along, Allison. It actually belongs to his sister, but he could have once she He could have one once she had finished school. had finished school. Even Though he got her from his sister, Allison is only three years old.

Favourite Subject: DADA and charms
    Worst Subject: Probably Astronomy
    Extra (Quidditch team member, past, etc.): Nathan has an older sister and brother, who also attended Hogwarts.
    Further on he’s a chaser for the Quidditch team.
    His additional subjects are Divination and Care of Magical Creatures.

Something like this. Your English is sometimes a bit stiff, but that's not really wrong (:

Edit: The best thing for you to practice with, is to put the words in a sentence in the right way. The words you use are good

[ bericht aangepast op 8 maart 2013 - 20:25 ]

Tijd voor koffie.

Kwijt schreef:
    (...)

Something like this. Your English is sometimes a bit stiff, but that's not really wrong (:

Edit: The best thing for you to practice with, is to put the words in a sentence in the right way. The words you use are good

Oké, thanks. But most of the time it's just that I forget a letter or word.^^

We've lived in the shadows for far too long.

Macabre schreef:
    Full Name: Ashley 'Ash' Felice Delacroix
    Wand: walnut, 12 inches, inflexible, veela hair.
    Blood-status: Pureblood
    House: Slytherin
    Patronus: Ashley doesn't have a patronus yet, because of her past and her life outside of Hogwarts. She is quite ashamed because of this; that's why she doesn't tell anyone about it.
    Inner: Ashley is a quiet girl. She doesn't talk a lot, but if she does, she speaks out of wisdom or anger. Most of the time she's drowning in her own, miserable thoughts.
    Ashley isn't afraid to tell you what she thinks. She hates lying, despite of the fact she has to do that very often. It isn't a secret that she loves to pick a fight. Most of the students at Hogwarts know that, probably because she abused, cursed or mistreated them. The only feeling Ashley knows is hate and anger.
    Secretly she is desperate to find a little love in her cold, hateful life, but of course she doesn't show that to the people around her. She calls it weakness; showing your feelings.
    Although she wants it, she doesn't really believe there is real and longlasting love. When she was a little girl she already was told that men are idiots; they only break your heart. 'At the end someone gets hurt,' her mother told Ashley. She never knew her father.
    At this very moment Ashley doesn't trust even one single person, but when she does, you have a loyal friend, who would catch a bullet for you. She isolates herself from everything and anybody around her; she's afraid to get hurt. Besides, she's very ashamed of the life she lives; the fact Ashley is a Death Eater makes her hate herself even more, because one side of her absolutely loves her. This sadistic person shows up very often to hide the tender, sweet girl deep inside of Ashley. This may be slightly confusing; not only from people around her, but for Ashley, too. She hates herself, but at the same time her arrogance is all she got. She knows she's pretty, and that is what she uses to seduce people.
    Year: Seventh
    Favourite Subject:Defence against the dark arts and Potions. She also loves Astrology, but her grades aren't that good.
    Worst Subject: Magical History and Muggle Studies. She chose the second subject because it was the most easy subject to pick; she actually hates muggles more than anything.
    Extra (Quidditch team member, past, etc.): Since the moment she was able to, Ashley turned into a Death Eater. It wasn't her own choice, though; her mother wanted her to. The relationship between Ashley and her mother is bad; let's say her mother isn't afraid to use some curses when Ashley isn't doing something right. There's no love and her mother is a little insane, sometimes.
    Ashley her mother is in Azkaban for a few weeks now; it broke Ashley's heart. Although she isn't happy with that person as her mother; it's her own flesh and blood. She doesn't have anyone who's there to take care of Ashley, that's why she had to do that herself at a very young age.

This is what I've got so far; I'll fill in her Appearance in a few hours or maybe tomorrow. And yes, I love drama; that'll explain it all. :W

"When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed.''

Are there woods and cores we aren't allowed to use for our wands?

[ bericht aangepast op 9 maart 2013 - 12:39 ]

Student/Teacher/Etc:
    Student
    Full Name:
    Cheryl Luna Parker
    Wand
    13,5 inches, Oak, Unicorn hair
    Blood-status:
    Pureblood
    House:
    Slytherin
    Patronus:
    Phoenix
    Appearance:

She has long, brown hair, and blue eyes with a grey tint in it, she has a length of 1m76.
    Inner:
    Cheryl is really nice to the most people in hogwarts, but she isn't as nice as you if you make fun of her, she really hate that kind of people. Cheryl is also a good friend, you can tell her everything, she always listens to you. When there are many people in one room, Cheryl is the first minuts a bit shy, but later she is a really happy person, and she talks a lot with everyone. Cheryl is very quick to anger or irritability of other people, when it happen that she is angry of irritating, she runs away of that person, without saying anything to him/her. Later when she isn't angry about that person anymore, she explains to that person why she walked away. At least, Cheryl hates it to be alone in a room and walks alone to an another classroom. She always want to talk with someone, even when the other person doesn´t want talk to her.
    Year:
    The seventh year
    Pet:

Favourite Subject:
    DADA and Transfiguration
    Worst Subject:
    Astronomy
    Extra:
    She is a chaser in the Slytherin Quidditch team.

[ bericht aangepast op 9 maart 2013 - 19:47 ]

That is a perfect copy of reality.

LexLover schreef:
    Full Name: Nora Destry Livingstone
    Wand: 14,5 inches, Wood of the Elmtree, core made of Phoenix Feather
    Blood-status: Unknown
    House: Hufflepuff
    Patronus: Serval (looks like a small jaguar, but with really large ears)
    Appearance:

Click!
    Blonde hair with some natural brown highlights, bright green eyes, light skin colour.
    Inner: Nora is a bit shy, and doesn't like to be in really large crowds. Her favorite place is in a windowsill together with Trident and some music or a nice book. Only when she plays Quidditch, she's really fanatic and extroverted. She's really musical, she plays piano, guitar and she can sing really good. But because of her shyness she doesn't play much.
    Year: 4
    Pet:

A djungarian hamster called Trident, because he has some stripes on his back which looks like a Trident.
    Favourite Subject: Care of magical creatures and Herbology
    Worst Subject: Potions, she always tries to do it right, but somehow all her potions become what they shouldn't be.
    Extra (Quidditch team member, past, etc.): She's a keeper at the Quidditch team.
    She was raised in different families. Her parents died and she was placed in a few families by the government, but always there were some problems why she had to leave. One time she was raped, another time someone commited suicide and she was blamed for it, etcetera, etcetera. Her bloodstatus is unknown, because no one knows who or what they were.

I think this is it...
    If there are any mistakes, please tell me...
    Is her history too much drama by the way?

[ bericht aangepast op 9 maart 2013 - 13:49 ]

"Let's say I meet an alien, who, lucky enough, could speak English" - Vsauce, Youtube

@Seaver, no, you're allowed to use every Core or Wood for your wand.
    Tip:
    Aloud: Hardop
    Allowed: Toegestaan
    @Lexlover, Your role is fine, there's never too much drama ;P
    One mistake:

some music or a nice book. Only when she plays Quidditch, she's really fanatic and extroverted. She's really musical, she plays piano, guitar and she can sing really good. But because of her shyness she doens't Doesn't play much.

Tijd voor koffie.

Is my character good, so far?

Character Description:
    Student/Teacher/Etc: Teacher
    Full Name: Jeffrey Keegan Anderson
    Wand: Unicorn tail hair, Fir wood, rigid, 13 inches.
    House: --
    Patronus: otter.

Jeffrey is 6’2 and if you compare him to his father, he’s not that tall. He’s got dark brown hair and matching eyes. Though his eyes are brown, they seem a little greyish when he’s sad.
    Inner: Jeffrey is really patient and honest. He doesn’t mind explaining the same thing over and over again. However, he can get a little cranky now and then. When he’s cranky he doesn’t like anything or anyone. It’s really hard to annoy him, but once you managed to piss him off you better run and hide. He often thinks he’s funny, but he really isn’t. Often when he realises he isn’t funny, he gets cranky. There isn’t anything you can do about it, except for laughing at his silly jokes. He lost his wife five years ago. Some ‘stupid’ muggle hit her with a car when they were visiting his parent-in-law. This is also why he doesn’t like muggles. It’s not that he’s mean to them, or hates them, he just doesn’t really trust them with cars. His wife was a halfblood, by the way. Jeffrey’s wife used to tell him stories about her dying in the most spectacular ways. So it was really tragic that she eventually died because of a car accident. Jeffrey’s still sad, but doesn’t talk to anyone about it.
    Year:
    Pet:
    Favourite Subject: transfiguration
    Worst Subject: His worst subject was potions
    Extra (Quidditch team member, past, etc.): His daughter attends Hogwarts, she’s in the second year now.
    He's an animagus, a bird. This is why he became a transfiguration teacher.

@Macabre, Yeah, it's nice ^^ Your character is on the list.

Oh, and by the way, does someone else want me to check their description?

Tijd voor koffie.

Character Description:
    Full Name: Dreven Malum
    Malum means evil in latin.
    Wand: 12 inches, willow, dragon heartstring. Flexible and perfect for (Defense Against) The Dark Arts.
    House: Slytherin
    Patronus:

Inner: Dreven is the kind of person that you would describe as a bully, arrogant and spoiled, the kind of guy who thinks that he's everything. That's how he looks like for almost everything, apart from the few friend/people he trusts. But even the people he trusts he doesn't tell everything, cause sometimes how he acts is not how he feels. True, he likes to make people feel pain, but he doesn't want to disappoint people, specially his parents.
    Year: 8
    Pet: /
    Favourite Subject: Defense Against the Dark Arts, History of Magic.
    Worst Subject: Care of Magical Creatures, Muggle Studies and Herbology.
    Extra (Quidditch team member, past, etc.):
    - Dreven has a girlfriend, named Lucy
    - Dreven has a (older) brother named Steven.
    - Dreven is a Deatheater, just like his dad and his mom (who where the reason that he became one).
    - In his past, Dreven's parents thought him that he should be proud, proud that he's pureblood, proud to be a Malum one of the (according to them) few and best pureblood families there is.

[ bericht aangepast op 10 maart 2013 - 20:39 ]

Don't be like the rest of them, darling

I think I just join, now the only thing left is thinking of a nice character. Does anyone have a preference for something special? I do request if they are interesting (It will be a male character).

please, make a Hufflepuff, otherwise Nora is so lonely(huil)

"Let's say I meet an alien, who, lucky enough, could speak English" - Vsauce, Youtube

Aotearoa schreef:
    I think I just join, now the only thing left is thinking of a nice character. Does anyone have a preference for something special? I do request if they are interesting (It will be a male character).

If you'd like, you could create a brother of Ashley? Her past is pretty dramatic, though, but it would be nice if she had a 'normal' family member left. :W
    If you agree, it's up to you how good or bad their relationship is. :3