• This topic is especially to talk English with other Quizletters. Other languages than English are forbidden.

In dit topic mag je enkel Engels praten, tenzij je een woordje niet weet. Andere talen zijn verboden. Hou rekening dat niet iedereen zo goed is in Engels. Je mag een ander op zijn fouten wijzen, maar doe dit dan op een respectvolle manier.

Ps. Voel je vrij om ook een Duits praattopic te openen en als dit vol is, een nieuw Engels praattopic te maken. ^^

[ bericht aangepast op 12 maart 2013 - 12:52 ]

Let the Night embrace you

Toyfriend schreef:
    Great idea. Everything sounds nicer in English.

'Dear girls: a compliment is actually not an invitation to explain how ugly you think you are' - Lisa Cimorelli

Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
    Some people say that I can speak English with a Russian accent. The only problem is, I can do it ónly when I'm chattering.
    Oh, and I'm working on an English play this year ^^ Protagonist :'D

Deep inside, I've never felt alive

Nomen schreef:
    Some people say that I can speak English with a Russian accent. The only problem is, I can do it ónly when I'm chattering.

Correct me too please ^^
    People say that I have an Irish accent :'D probably becauce I've watched too many movies with Irish hotties in it..

Anyway; this is a great idea to improve your English (:

“Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.” - Tolkien

Frodo schreef:
    (...)

Correct me too please ^^
    People say that I have an Irish accent :'D probably becauce I've watched too many movies with Irish hotties in it..

Anyway; this is a great idea to improve your English (:

*because And I think it must be 'them' or another plural at the end of your sentence.
    Eh, I do not know why I speak so well with a Russian accent.

Do some of you have a trick or a thingie for the "TH" in thing or something or think or death? Because I cannot speak it well out loud (and I have to for this English play).

I don't know which accent I have when I speak English. Hmpf, I really want to know that.

“Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.”

Nomen schreef:

Someone in my class speaks with a Russian accent when he speaks English. It's sounds funny :'D

“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” ~The Doctor

Oeh, this is awesome ;3

But I still have this faith in the truth of my dreams.

Scabbia schreef:
    (...)
    Someone in my class speaks with a Russian accent when he speaks English. It's sounds funny :'D

Well, I do not do it all the time. I can do it, but when I force myself it sounds nothing like it.
    I actually do not know how I sound when I normally speak English.

Nomen schreef:
    (...)
    Well, I do not do it all the time. I can do it, but when I force myself it sounds nothing like it.
    I actually do not know how I sound when I normally speak English.

Neither do i. I always say i speak 'with a terrible English accent' ^^

“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” ~The Doctor

Nomen schreef:
    (...)
    *because And I think it must be 'them' or another plural at the end of your sentence.

Do some of you have a trick or a thingie for the "TH" in thing or something or think or death? Because I cannot speak it well out loud (and I have to for this English play).

You can try saying the "f", but softening it down greatly.

Just put your tongue against the bottom of your front teeth and hold it there, and say "s". That should be the sound you want.

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Nomen schreef:
    (...)

I knew those stuff, but in my enthusiasm, I spelled it wrong

And I don't know, I just pronounce it like a 'f'-thingy :'D

“Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.” - Tolkien

Roane schreef:
    (...)

You can try saying the "f", but softening it down greatly.

Just put your tongue against the bottom of your front teeth and hold it there, and say "s". That should be the sound you want.

I already use the first tip, but I like to improve it.
    Uh, I tried it and it works, but I have to practise it. But thanks!

Nomen schreef:
    (...)
    I already use the first tip, but I like to improve it.
    Uh, I tried it and it works, but I have to practise it. But thanks!

No problem ^^.
    I just sat here, trying to figure out how I came to the pronunciation, probably looking like a retarded snake though (':

But tone it down a bit, and with some practice indeed you'll be fine ^^

I've no idea of the future, but I can see the past quite well. And the present, if the weather's clear.

Roane schreef:
    (...)

No problem ^^.
    I just sat here, trying to figure out how I came to the pronunciation, probably looking like a retarded snake though (':

But tone it down a bit, and with some practice indeed you'll be fine ^^

Haha x'D
    Yeah, I hope it works with my oral and the play.

Gosh i want summer to be here already so i can go to Canada. So excited :'D

"like i'd follow you around like a dog that needs water."